Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who's watching the Olympics?

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chris2001trainz2010 View Post
    since when do the olympics have anything to do with trainz

double standards, i tell ya...
    The Olympics bring people from across the world to compete against each other while the Forums bring people from across the world to discuss, help one another, and share ideas about Trainz.
    Duct tape fixes all problems in Trainz

Yeah, but...the Olympics don't have anything to do with Trainz. This is a Trainz forum. Any other time someone goes and talks about something that isn't Trainz-related on these forums everyone flails their arms and says "That's not Trainz!", except when you make threads like these.

Didn't we already cover this issue in your MythBusters thread, which also had nothing to do with Trainz? I would report this thread but that probably wouldn't do anything at this point so i guess i won't bother.

United States of America, California, San Jose
    Blog Entries

Make train simulators great again #MTSGA obiter dictum

oh no, theres a train with an olympic scheme on it. better take my entire argument and shove it up my rear then cause its been completely derailed by a reskin.

That reskin doesn't have anything do with my statement. I'm talking about how Jordon constantly makes posts about things that aren't related to Trainz, and yet, when someone else does it, they're yelled at by the entire community because it's "not Trainz".

Quote Originally Posted by chris2001trainz2010 View Post
    oh no, theres a train with an olympic scheme on it. better take my entire argument and shove it up my rear then cause its been completely derailed by a reskin.

That reskin doesn't have anything do with my statement. I'm talking about how Jordon constantly makes posts about things that aren't related to Trainz, and yet, when someone else does it, they're yelled at by the entire community because it's "not Trainz".
    Thank heavens we've got you to keep us on the right track.

In all fairness most forums have an off-topic section and I think this is the best-guess effort at providing one by N3V. Quite sure that the “What Music do You Listen to?” thread also falls under this “off-topic” umbrella.
    Regards Ron

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EverTrainz View Post
    In all fairness most forums have an off-topic section and I think this is the best-guess effort at providing one by N3V. Quite sure that the “What Music do You Listen to?” thread also falls under this “off-topic” umbrella.
    You have a point Ron. I will note that the Mythbusters thread was not a good idea as it was focused on those here in America instead of the entire world, like this thread. Now, can we get back to what this thread is about, the Olympics?
    Duct tape fixes all problems in Trainz

-
    Quote Originally Posted by EverTrainz View Post
    I think an off-topic section is a good idea. But the Trainz Community forum isn't an off-topic section. Not my words, N3V's: "Announce Trainz community events, TotR shows, Trainz gatherings and community related topics here"

Fair enough, though. I agree an off-topic section would be a good idea. Most other forums i've visited have them.
    Last edited by chris2001trainz2010; February 13th, 2018 at 04:05 PM.

This forum used to have an off topic section, but it was closed down because it required too much moderation for the mods available.