Track supports

Jayco-man

I'm trying to put some supports under this track, but cant seem to get anything to work. What I'm I doing wrong? Thanks.
pmnWjQWXj

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps trackside "piers" won't attach to the bridge, so you might have to place "Scenery" building piers ... either that or raise the terrain after the bridge

Do you mean the track-object type - the ones that are in with switch stands, signals, speed signs, etc. ?

If you do, I had the same issue earlier this week and solved the problem by opening all the non-built-in track for editing then submitting it again.

It took me awhile because of the large amount of assets, since it's not good to open up way too many at once. I digress... I have over 5,700 different third-party track assets installed so I didn't want T:ANE to crash while processing that many so I did a couple of 100 or so at a time.

That bridge is too short for the span you have to cover. Suggest to add another section as the big one, or another smaller bridge. Or as being said, bring up the terrain and fill the void.

The terrain in correct, it should have some kind of supports under it. I cant tell from GE because its smashed to the ground and I cant tell. The bridge is correct too. Thanks JC that mite be the problem, when I try to add something is says something about cant add above or below layer or something. I cant member which one.

Where exactly is this bridge located?

If you can give the Google Earth lat/long co-ordinates someone on the Forum might be able to provide the necessary information for you. Once the location is known, research of the area can often uncover old photographs, maps and other historical data which may help with identifying how the bridge spanned the terrain in question. The approximate year you are modelling might also be useful.

Once we have a bit more information we can then possibly advise on how to construct the approaches and span on the bridge.

I seem to remember you saying your starting point was Williamson WV, and I am supposing that this is the Tug Fork bridge, which seems to have a curved special skewed platt truss, followed up by a long series of girder bridges on each end, going over a road on one end, and this terrain depression on the other end

Try: JMR stone pier 1 <KUID:709825:100431>

Last edited:
That would be the bridge in Williamson in the first part of the yard that crosses the tug to the pond creek branch. The bridge in question is in Nolan just west of Williamson about 5.5 miles. 37° 44.492'N 82°20.031'W. I'm laying track the way it is now, but you use what ever year you want I suppose. Thanks for the help.

I've just checked out the GE images for the coordinates you gave. (Spot on BTW, dead centre of the bridge!).

There are no posted photos pinned to GE, and StreetView doesn't have a road close enough to see the bridge, so no visual clues there. However, the most recent image does show the bridge in a good amount of detail, although it is distorted because of the irregular terrain.

If you look at the shadows cast by the bridge and track you learn a bit more. You can make out the positions of the track support piers. As well as the two which support the girder bridge span at each end it looks as if there are three more. One is to the West, and the other two to the East side of the bridge. I've marked where they appear to be on the attached image.

The shadows on the image would also appear to confirm that the track does not have any raised terrain beneath it under the darker brown track sections on the approaches to each side of the bridge. There might also be some kind of concrete support where the light coloured ballasted track meets the brown suspended sections on each side of the bridge approach. Its hard to see what kind of structures are supporting the track at that point. There are some concrete bases on the DLS which might be suitable if the piers are too big for those bits.

As Cascaderailroad mentioned in post #2, you could place an appropriate scenery object under the appropriate three positions and raise/lower them to the correct height. That's what I would do. There are quite a few on the DLS which can be found if you search for "Bridge Pier" (make sure TRS2004 box is checked).

Bridge%20supports_zpsodpimcw5.png~original

The bridge is incorrect, however, good job.

If you are interested in some nice bridges that are available on the DLS, look for those that begin with RRTK by austin31hockey.

<kuid:316:38051> RRTK 2T Through-truss Warren, 200ft
<kuid:316:400057> RRTK 2T Through-truss Pier
<kuid:316:400058> RRTK 2T Through-truss Abutment
<kuid:316:400061> RRTK 2T Swing Span 250ft
<kuid:316:400062> RRTK Bridge Track
<kuid:316:400063> RRTK Bridge Track (Spline)
<kuid:316:400066> RRTK 2T Parker 475ft
<kuid:316:400067> RRTK 1T Through-truss Warren A, 200ft
<kuid:316:400068> RRTK 1T Through-truss Abutment
<kuid:316:400069> RRTK 1T Through-truss Pier
<kuid:316:400070> RRTK 1T Through-truss Warren A, 150ft
<kuid:316:400071> RRTK 2T Through-truss Warren A, 150ft
<kuid:316:400072> RRTK 1T Through-truss Castleton, 250ft
<kuid:316:400073> RRTK 2T Through-truss Castleton, 250ft
<kuid:316:400074> RRTK 2T Through-truss Warren, 200ft (5m)
<kuid:316:400075> RRTK 2T Through-truss Pier 5m
<kuid:316:400076> RRTK 2T Through-truss Abutment 5m
<kuid:316:400077> RRTK 1T Underslung-truss Warren, 150ft
<kuid:316:400078> RRTK 2T Parker 475ft (5m)

I think you'll find more of what you need here.

Better! Much more correct.

Now on to other things... The trees are okay, but you might want to replace the bushes. RMM (username rmm) made some similar-sized bushes. They begin they have kust in their name.

I have noticed that almost all assets on the DLS have in-descriptive names, which are spread out all over the alphabet, having cryptic names

I am downloading many abutments, piers, plylons, supports, bridges ... and I am renaming them with the prefix: "Bridge" in front of their name, so that I can easily find them

I brought up this topic previously that concerning trees, grass, bush's, someone should make an arboretum route containing all the thousands of schwubbery's ... but this was shot down, having no one interested in doing the project

I also think that someone should create a route with all the bridges and support piers, so that everyone could preview these, and use them on their routes

Likewise with buildings, it would be great if someone placed the thousands of their buildings, and static items on a route, so that everyone could preview these, and use them on their routes

I myself need 3 bridges:

Through Plate Girder high
Through Plate Girder medium high
Through Plate Girder low

As well as 2 different support piers, and 2 bridge abutments

http://conrailphotos.thecrhs.org/files/images/CR 6370 at Cressonc.thumbnail.jpg

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/pictures\17805\Copy of CR 6657 Cresson, PA. 11-13-90.jpg

Last edited:
A list of the russian tree names (including translation) is available HERE.

Peter

This is a great list put together by Roy and Deane.

After using the various tree-types for awhile though, you begin to memorize them. Dub = Oak, Klen = Maple, Yablonya = Apple, Kust = bush, and so it goes.

Unfortunately simply searching: "Abutment" would only bring up a very small portion number of: piers, plylons, supports, column, stone, darkstone, bridges, as the naming of assets are very haphazard and nondescript on the DLS

Last edited:
Back