Anyone else have invisible locomotives?

PhantomV

So I recently bought a GP9 pack from Jointed Rail, and all the locomotive skins, when viewed on railyard, are invisible. It looks like a floating cab interior, floating couplers, and other odd parts. Is there a fix to this?

I have this problem with SP SD9. Only on skin works the others only show the cab. The only way to get entire loco to show is click on properties and choose a skin that works. Honestly would expect some support from JR.

Typically this is from the locomotives using a normal and environment mapped material (tbumpenv). Some older versions of Trainz do not properly support changing texture skins with this material. It is a bug that was corrected in the latest version of TS12 (I do not know if MAC versions were corrected). Be sure you run the latest builds of your Trainz versions to ensure support for all JR asset features. If you are using the items in versions we do not necessarily support your only option is to remove the ability to change the skin. The easy way is explained above where you set to the default skin that works and save the session so it can no longer change. The more difficult way is to remove the ability through the config file which we do not support directly.

It is a bug that was corrected in the latest version of TS12 (I do not know if MAC versions were corrected)

Trainz Mac 1 = not fixed (TS10 port)
Trainz Mac 2 = fixed (TS12SP1 port)

Can confirm this for myself, having gotten the SP GP9 units back when I was transferring from Mac 1 to 2. Worked without issue in the latter, got the same bug as OP in the former.

Cheers,
SM

Back