Questions for Surveyor about Route Creation (TS2010)

Hello! I have not played Trainz for a little while, and I would like to play some more and also do more things on this forum. I have some questions about route creation in Trainz, and I would really appreciate it if I could have some ideas
My questions are these, about Trainz 2010.
How do I write the descriptions for the routes I have made that you see in the menu? I mean, when you click routes and you see all of them, when you click a certain route it shows a box with some text about the route, and same for the sessions. How do I do this?

Another question is, how do I make the descriptions that pop up while you are in the game?

How do I use layers properly for different sessions?

What are some general route-building tips? Just anything really, such as where and how to place all sorts of trackside signs, tracks, and etc.

Thank you very much for the answers! Thanks!

How do I write the descriptions for the routes I have made that you see in the menu? I mean, when you click routes and you see all of them, when you click a certain route it shows a box with some text about the route, and same for the sessions. How do I do this?
Open the route for editing. In the main menu choose Edit Route. Enter your description in the 'Description' text box.

Another question is, how do I make the descriptions that pop up while you are in the game?
What descriptions? Do you mean the instructions that appear sometimes when you are driving a session?

How do I use layers properly for different sessions?
What do you mean 'properly'? Have you had some sort of issue when trying to use layers? What are you trying to achieve throught he se of layers?

What are some general route-building tips? Just anything really, such as where and how to place all sorts of trackside signs, tracks, and etc.
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Trainz/refs/Tips_And_Tricks-route_building

Thank you for your answer!
Is it the same if you want to edit the session description?
And yes, the instructions when you are driving a sesson.
Yes, I want to use them to make different locomotives and traincars for different sessions, so that the ones from one session will not be seen in another session, and other train cars could be in their place in that other session.
Thank you, this is a useful site.
Thanks again!

The session description is done just like you would do for the route.

For in-game descriptions, you either need to script HTML, or use a pre-written rule. They're in the Edit Session... Menu under rules, IIRC. You want the ones for Display HTML and Set HTML. You'll still need to code your descriptions in HTML format.

Yes, I want to use them to make different locomotives and traincars for different sessions, so that the ones from one session will not be seen in another session, and other train cars could be in their place in that other session.
Layers and sessions are quite different. What you include in one session has no effect on another session - each session is quite separate.

Layers are used within surveyor to make it easier to manipulate objects separately. For instance, if you want to place people on a platform then it can be tricky to move them without moving the platform. Putting them on a separate layer allows you to position them without risk of accidentally moving the platform. There are other, similar, reasons for keeping things in separate layers. All selected layers are then merged for game play.

Thank you, I will use this information to write these descriptions for my routes/sessions.
Thank you as well for the information on layers, this makes a lot of sense and it has been very helpful. Many thanks!

Back