Screenshot of The Week: July 17 to July 24 2016 (Livestock)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

Passengers aren't the only non-freight riding the rails, animals do too. Admittedly with far less creature comforts (ha..ha...?) but they're still important customers which you should not hump. This week's theme is Livestock. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on Monday, July 25 at 12:00nn UTC.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Loading livestock starts in the early am.

83c3397fd05ce60c18feaf955607ffec.jpg

Last edited:
Invisible livestock

Only two participants so far?

Well... in that case...:
nv_intermodal_01.jpg

There is livestock in that field on the other side of the river! Really! ...Or at least in the actual route. I this shot I can't even see 1 pixel that changed color because of them being there, but still...

Not one for the vegetarians

Little do they know that within the next few hours the four Friesian cows, quietly grazing in the English countryside, will be loaded into cattle trucks and be travelling through the valley below on the steam line to the local abattoir.

Bucolic surroundings today. Burgers tomorrow!

Cheers™
Casper
;)

UK%20landscape_zpscwolwo8y.jpg~original

The passengers in the carriages, (completely unaware that any young bull calves will later be sold and transported to a grazing farm for fattening), happily "ooh and aah" over the calves and their mothers in the paddock.

Submissions are now closed. There are 5 entries for this round so up to 1 vote is allowed. Voting will be from now until August 1, 1200nn UTC. Please post your votes below.

Aren't the Holsteins (black and white cows) dairy cows?

Cheers

AJ : )
Yes, they are according to the results of a quick Google search. However, I understand that they are also known as Holstein-Friesian, or just Friesian. The ones in my screenshot are described as Friesian on the DLS.

I've not herd(!:D) them called Holstein here in the UK.

Friesians are used for both dairy and quality meat production, according to the information on this site: http://www.thedairysite.com/breeds/dairy/24/friesian/.

Well, this will give you an interesting statistic about the Holstein breed in Australia.

In the meantime, I am voting for your soon-to-be burgers.
What kinda sauce do you put?

Vote 1 - mezzoprezzo.

mezzoprezzo, for sure.

That screenshot looks it should be a painting, or a black and white photograph in a railway book somewhere.. ;)

Back