Too many spare engineers!

Saphira123456

Toxic community hater
I often find that, in Driver, I have more than a few engineers that are not needed on various trains; especially when their engines have coupled on as helpers or bankers, multiple-unit style. :eek::eek::eek:

I also seem to find that, after they've coupled on, the schedule on the train they're supposed to be helping is erased.:n::n::n:

How do I fix that, and how do I erase these extra engineers so that they aren't cluttering up the list on my screen?

Please advise!

UPRR 4014 (AKA Saphira123456), out!

P.S.: I'm running TS12.

Getting rid of the extra drivers is easy, go into the quick drive menu select the drivers tab and remove the ticks from the drivers that say not in vehicle. You can re add them the same way.

as for the schedule thing not sure....

Although....

These extra drivers aren't doing anything either, and they're great to have on the payroll in case you need to shunt or run a freight or passenger extra. In fact I always add about 6 extra drivers to my driving sessions for that reason.

A case that I could find having an extra helpful is when you have 2 engines and you need to use both of them separately to switch a facing-point siding, or if you were running pull-pull and one engine needed to detach for some reason.

A case that I could find having an extra helpful is when you have 2 engines and you need to use both of them separately to switch a facing-point siding, or if you were running pull-pull and one engine needed to detach for some reason.

Yup! I do that all the time on my big Ozark Valley and Western on the East Kentucky Division where there are long coal runs which require a locomotive on both ends. This comes in handy also too as a big push is needed sometimes to get the coal over the mountains and down to the yards.

John

I also seem to find that, after they've coupled on, the schedule on the train they're supposed to be helping is erased.:n::n::n:

How do I fix that, and how do I erase these extra engineers so that they aren't cluttering up the list on my screen?

Please advise!

P.S.: I'm running TS12.

Don't have engineers in the banking engines. When you need a banking engine use your consist driver to move to banker train at TM, then bring the banking engine to the consist. do what is required, uncouple the banking engine and continue on your way. Use a spare driver to move to the banker engine and move it out of the way. Only one set of driver commands and one driver can be used in a consist at any one time. Another driver that couples will clear the original commands if that driver is still on the train. Driver commands will move with the driver when you use the move to train at TM command.

Ok guys, thanks for helping me with the driver commands and etc.

I've solved the problem with banker drivers coupling, by letting my consist driver couple last.

I don't have the Quickdrive Rule in the session, so I'll give that a go.

Thanks again!

Back