Signal Map

I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong spot but I need a little help. I posted something similar but never went to look at it. I'm looking for a signal map of Norfolk Southern and CSX in the northeast ohio area that would show where railroad signals are located and what type of signal ex: safetran vader 2-2-0. Any help is appreciated.

The site multimodalways.org has a lot of railroad-related materials, including CSX. I'm not aware of any track charts or interlocking charts put out by CSX, but I believe Conrail had control of some of those territories, and CR did a good job of mapping. Any replacement signals would likely be located within a few feet of the locations given, as railroads tend not to change locations that much. Couple that with Google and/or Bing maps and you can get a good idea of what's around now.

Thanks I'll check it out, wish I would have started this route sooner they just took out all the conrail trilight signals out a few weeks ago.

Google earth/bing and yahoo maps and rrpictures.com are what I have used. It also helps having a multiple monitor/computer setup to eliminate switching windows constantly.

I'll second on having the additional monitor. It's a godsend when it comes to stuff like this.

In addition to field checking using Google Earth and Bing, you may want to contact the historical society for your local railroad. They may have a route-map in their archives with signal types and locations indicated on them. I know they're available for Conrail and their historical roads as well as for others, and I'm sure they're available for the Norfolk Southern's original roads as well.

John

Back