Computer's Graphics Capability

wilts747

The question has been asked on here dozens of times will the graphics in my computer manage T:ANE etc. Well today I tried out a small utility which may give a better idea of what is inside your box in particular when it comes to laptops. The utility TechPowerUp GUP-Z seems to be clean and can be run from the install file without installation by choosing the third (last) option on the setup menu. See link below for more details. Peter

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/get-info-about-your-computers-graphics-capability.htm

Actually, Peter - that's GPU-Z, and it is indeed an excellent utility for real-time monitoring of what's happening with (and listing the capabilities of) your graphics card(s).
I have used it for years to validate any changes I make to GPU memory and clock settings and find it very helpful for closely monitoring temperatures of the GPU during graphics-intensive benchmarking or gameplay to ensure that thermal limits are contained.
I agree that it would be helpful for many desktop and laptop owners who don't have a good handle on exactly what graphics cards their computers are running as it detects and lists the specifications, drivers, rendering mode versions and capabilities of the card plus many other parameters that are pertinent to running T:ANE successfully.

Last edited:
Back