Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Quote Originally Posted by MeowRailroad View Post
    Thanks MeowRailroad for the kind words, and to Southern 1581,, Glad you folks are enjoying my night Trip...

It's amazing how things look so different at night.......As I take theses shots, I look at each one, and say, yup, need to change this, fix that, Question is, do I remember it all the Next day, there are so many things to do, then on the Flip side, I'm really enjoying taken some time off of Building and Fixing.

Now it's time to ask the Engineer is if he has a little more Java, If not I'll have to stop at one of those all night Dinners if there is any on our way, and buy some for both of us.....It's all good......

Have a blessed Sunday all...........

Smile

Good Sunday Evening all,

We continue our Trip north now, having passed the Coal Train.

Man does she look good with the puff of steam in all her glory, I love Steam and Diesel equally, so I fully expect to have both running on our Railroad.

We just gave him a good Roll By, meaning we didn't see anything wrong with his consist, like an overheated Wheel Set, or something worse like a stuck brake set. We received a clear our side as well.

A picture showing us passing by the Caboose of Coal Train.

We've just cleared the City, and now you can see the wonderful River below as we transverse north, and it is starting to get light now.

Doesn't take long before we hit a curve here.......And will see a lots of curves like these as we snake our way thru the mountain valleys.

I'm doing some other things for the moment that needed my attention, so I have stopped route building for bit......I'm also pursuing looking at trying Tane on this computer just to see if it runs any better than TS-12 on this one does...........I'll let you know how that works out......I have to do another full back up of all TS-12 stuff to make sure, in case my Laptop Crashes.........Better to be safe than sorry.

Wishing you a good Monday, week ahead.

Thanks for dropping by.

Nice work Blue! Looking great as always. Some very fine looking mountains you have there I must say.

Thank you Southern 1581.......We aim to please as much as we can.......Have a great Day Sir

Smile Aurora to Montana Rail Trip with the UP Turbines! VI

Good Monday Morning all, I can't believe it, but we finally caught some rain after many months, it wasn't too heavy which is good for all our burn areas we have.

So my Grand Kids our coming in from Mexico this afternoon with Mr's Blue, I figured I better get these pictures in now rather than later, they'll be excited to come home? After a week having fun.......

Ok, Now to rail road Biz, Look at the Stars, I would say, a new day is approaching, starting to get light. We are headed thru a beautiful area here, lots of Flora and Fauna to look at with graceful climb, it is so peaceful in here........I love the Country over big City any day.

Our Consist is moving in sync with no mechanical issues.

The is large area we are passing thru is called Belton and then we have a ways to go, next is Coal Creek, but before we get there, will pass thru an interesting area.....I did a little bit of work long ago when i first merged this route, ( which is huge) later on when I get my Desktop and Tane going, I hope to put the other half of this route back in, I think it's called Montana Rail Link, and is 100 miles if I recall correctly, this laptop couldn't handle the route by itself, Frame Stutter was terrible, so I cut it either in 1/2 or this part is 1/3 of it, I forget....I've changed a lot of things on this one to bring Frame Rate back up.......

Passing thru the Station here and we see early morning commuters lining up for their Amtrak Train which is due in another 20 mins, so we are breezing thru quickly here....

We are coming up to Merge point of Main #1 and our#2 track.......I forgot to say, that Amtrak is behind us, so we are OK......

A view of the beautiful Valley here, I really like it......Their are is lots of Industry's on the left.

I couldn't get this picture in Last nights run, but I wanted to include it here, I think this is Coram area.........I like Cabooses and really miss them on the modern trains, it's one thing I'll never really get used, guess I'm nostalgic in that regard. Trains look so funny without a Caboose, it bugs me........What can I say......

Thanks for visiting you all........And I'm praying for more Rain over here, God knows we need it this year with all the Fires we've had including the Santa Cruz a couple of weeks ago........
    Last edited by blueodessey; October 17th, 2016 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Add more notes

Exclamation Views from High up and we have Rogue Train on our tracks????

Good Weds Day all,

Sorry I've been away, busy times with the Grand Kids Etc.

So we are on our Trip to the North part of Montana, as you can see below, we are going thru some high mountainous country, and I was able after several failed attempts to get the Camera Shot I was looking for, one heck of ridge on the Right, in fact I couldn't get it all, but this is a good start. its around 5:30 AM and the Sun is just over this ridge.....A beautiful day ahead with some surprises in store for us.

What in the world is this Train doing on our Tracks, well I can tell word has it, they wanted to do some testing for Speed and other factors, so what better than to bring to a mountainous area known for some steep Grades.

We are passing here as we head north......
    Wait for it, will get to see the front soon?

All I can till you, this engine looks like it can go faster than 80MPH........A lot Faster......But not in this spot.....LOL

Hmmmmm, very suspicious.....I need to call the Corridor Mgr and see what they didn't tell me this morning...?

Well the Mystery continues, and I'll let you know, my suspicion is they want to test the Brakes and strength in climbing hills, beyond that who knows.......

Also I just purchased Tane The New Era this weekend......Slowly I'm going to play with it to see how it does on this Laptop, and get the Patches, what ever else I need to due.....Eventually I will put it on an HP or similar Desktop, with a much better GPU.......

Have great day all........And thanks for dropping by..

Not bad at all Blue! Interesting shots. I'm running TANE an HP Envy with the Intel Core i7, 16 GB of RAM, and Nvidia GEFORCE graphics. Runs TANE fairly smoothly for the settings I have it set to, although my fps could be a bit better, I'm usually hovering around 20-25 fps depending on where I am on the A&SE. I'm not sure how strong your own Envy is, I see your version has the Core i5 in it, but it should be able to handle what you're doing now, given your routes usually seem to use fairly low res textures and billboard trees.

Post Tane is working ok, Lots of stuff to import

Quote Originally Posted by Southern1581 View Post
    Not bad at all Blue! Interesting shots. I'm running TANE an HP Envy with the Intel Core i7, 16 GB of RAM, and Nvidia GEFORCE graphics. Runs TANE fairly smoothly for the settings I have it set to, although my fps could be a bit better, I'm usually hovering around 20-25 fps depending on where I am on the A&SE. I'm not sure how strong your own Envy is, I see your version has the Core i5 in it, but it should be able to handle what you're doing now, given your routes usually seem to use fairly low res textures and billboard trees.
    Evening Sir,

I do wish it was an i7, Changed other things to SSD and 16 Megs respectfully, Started with 12 Megs, & 1-Tera HD @ 4200RPM, space was fine, speed, forget it.... Got it at Costco, and it has been a great computer otherwise, especially when you consider I had to move from W8 to W10, so far no crash......I checked all the computer's they had, and this HP was the best memory for the money and Drive Space, so I went for it........

I can't stand 4200 RPM HD's, I understand is for Battery considerations, etc, and probably Heat Buildup as well, so I'm happy I replaced it with SSD. The bummer is the Video card is weak, but it is what it is. 2 out of 3 things will have to work out.......

I did run TANE tonight a little, after a ton of new program addon's, and Patch 3 and 4 Updates, so far so good.....Considering the Video on this Laptop, I'm amazed, and since this Laptop is 64 Bit prime with 32 Bit compatibility, all is good in that respect.

I imported this route into TANE tonight after checking other things in it too see if it worked OK....End result and I have a ton of Importing to do from TS-12!!!!.....That's OK, I'm not complaining, reminds me all the years I worked with Win 1.0 and DOS 2.0 with 640K Memory.....to where it is now.......Some things never change....LOL

So over time we'll get things copied over to Tane.

Glad you liked the Mountain Shots, it was fun, trying not slide over the top of the mountain a few times.

If you have any tips on Porting stuff from TS-12 to Tane, I would be grateful.

Thanks for dropping in..

As far as importing content goes, about all I can say is knuckle down. You're just going to have to redownload a lot of stuff. When I transferred from my pc to this laptop, I packaged all of my personal content into one massive CDP, then I packed up all of the assets for the A&SE into another that I could just so I wouldn't have to deal with redownloading them again (I think the DLS asset count is already in excess of 500). Afterwords I didn't need either so just deleted the CDP's. But yeah, anything that you don't have the patience for redownloading (like say, 300 assets worth of route dependencies) just lob together into one massive CDP and transfer it, and anything else just go ahead and redownload. Transfer anything you anticipate wanting to play with early, and things that don't get used much can be transferred later on.

Question Need some advice on Texture import process to TANE and other Questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Southern1581 View Post
    As far as importing content goes, about all I can say is knuckle down. You're just going to have to redownload a lot of stuff. When I transferred from my pc to this laptop, I packaged all of my personal content into one massive CDP, then I packed up all of the assets for the A&SE into another that I could just so I wouldn't have to deal with redownloading them again (I think the DLS asset count is already in excess of 500). Afterwords I didn't need either so just deleted the CDP's. But yeah, anything that you don't have the patience for redownloading (like say, 300 assets worth of route dependencies) just lob together into one massive CDP and transfer it, and anything else just go ahead and redownload. Transfer anything you anticipate wanting to play with early, and things that don't get used much can be transferred later on.
    Copy that Southern 1581,

One thing(s) I learned growing up, is don't let hard work scare you, and if you do a job, do it right! Work smarter not harder, but watch those short cuts.

My parents taught me those ethics and they are well ingrained for sure.

So I do have copies of lots of this stuff, it'll just take some time, I'm OK with that.

Few Questions for you:

When I opened what I thought was TANE last night, It actually opened Trainz Driver 2016,,what a dummy I was!!!!!Knew I had it, but only used 3 times and then, well you know, I got excited with Merging 5 routes and then the Route Building, Geee lots of stuff can happen in 7 months......

All the Routes and train sets redownloaded like the last night again into Trainz Driver 2016, I thought what the heck?????

I didn't realize it was Trainz Driver 2016 ICON on my Taskbar, which I had bought about 7 months ago to try it out? Who knew.....

So with that in mind, I'm thinking to delete for now, as it is duplication of TANE except it is Driver only no editor.......So I'm wasting hard drive space with Duplicate built in Routes,,,,,,approx 13 Gigs worth after checking,,,Just keeping TANE and TS-12, until I get stuff copied over, and then eventually getting rid of TS-12, since it is not 64 Byte program......I'm trying to slim my programs down and simplify, I'm sure you know how easy it is to accumulate Games and other Software over time.........

( Was just thinking......What I might due to, is move a copy TS-12 to my older Laptop until I get all this stuff ported out......?

Then I don't have to try and run 2 massive programs on this Laptop at same time.......?

Other Question is, I noticed I'm missing some textures for this Route, so what is the best way to bring them into Tane from TS-12, I know how to do Tracks, Scenery and Trains, but I'm not familiar with Texture Files? Will the Textures from TS-12 work in Tane, or is there a difference? And should I not try use those?

Thanks for all your help,,,,,

[Update: forgot to mention, my TANE is version 80797 now after SP 3 & 4 finished installing the other night,,no issues that I can see for now?]
    Last edited by blueodessey; October 20th, 2016 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Note on TANE Patch Updates added

Lightbulb Aurora to Montana Rail Trip with the UP Turbines! VIII (West Glacier)

Good Thursday to all,

The mystery Train is Chinese high speed, runs at 95-155 Miles I think?

Here is a link that shows one, there are several more.......I have to confess to you all, I put this one in here,,,,,I was rambling thru all my Trains, and saw this one, why not, something different running that would be unusual to see up here.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4MWzIpmUNc

So have fun with the Pic, we are on our way to West Glacier area now on the Montana Run.......

We are getting ready to pass the Speedster ahead, he will be gone quickly after we clear the siding for him.

Another view of Valley and some Steel Plants below. as we truck further North, this was taken of West Mountain side of the Route.

A really lofty view here, shows you how high the Ranges are in this area......Train is below in Lower Right Corner.

And I got lucky to catch the early morning sun in this shot, just as it crest the top of the Ridges. Sorry I don't have any Tracks up this high here.......

You get to see the fast moving River going thru the area.......And way out there is Rail Bridge I believe upper middle top of the Picture.

I have to go see the Oral Surgeon Tomorrow, OH what fun.... he's going drilling in the Jaw, OUCH!!! I have to get a replacement tooth, so I might be out of action the next few days......Rest assure I'll will return.........

Thanks for dropping by folks,,,,,,Comments always appreciated........

Cool Aurora to Montana Rail Trip with the UP Turbines! VIIII

Good Friday all,

We continue our Trek North, and I hear Rain/ Snow may be in the forecast. Normal for these parts, else we wouldn't have the nice Green to see as we travel.

This is the last picture of our High Speed Train do some equipment testing.......The only thing i would say, they should have matched Coach Colors with the Engine Color, but it was probably a money issue?

He is carrying about 12 Coaches behind, so his Loco must have some pretty good Power in it.

We were able to stop and I spoke with the engineer for a quick 5 mins, we were told the manufacture is looking to make newer models of this one for USA, so they want to get some Run Characteristics to draw Data modules from. I know California is working on High Speed Trains in Central California now.

This sure looks futuristic compared to our layout in the Freight Engine. He says this thing moves fast, but he also says the Brakes take longer to stop.......Hmmmm.....

After our Chit Chat with Mystery Train, we are on the move making up some time........I really enjoy this trip, it is wonderful Scenery thru this area. Makes you want to stop and go Camping and spelunking around.....Ok, I know, it's time to get back to the Grind,,,,,Work is ahead.......

Oh boy, I look out way in the distant and see what looks like Snow Clouds ahead of us.

This is the first of 2 Wye's to the Refinery up in high Mountain area we are headed to, will pass this one and take the next one up further as it is a bit of more direct route to the Facility. Once we do get to the Refinery will drop off our Tankers and see if we have anything to pick up........Going to be cold up there........

Well it's time for me to take off to the Oral Surgeon and a Drilling and a Cutting we will go.......

See you all later and have a great weekend..........Thanks for dropping by folks......

Lightbulb Aurora to Montana Rail Trip with the UP Turbines! X

Evening all,

Well I survived the Oral Surgery for now, Tomorrow, well that's another day, but for now, I think I post some more Pics for you all.

Below we are easing our way ever North, and the Forest is beautiful as you could have it......Doing 40-70 where we can......

We pass one of my Favorite spots here, a beautiful Church next to a Lake, and the water is rushing down the canyon and we have lots of Water Spray. See a boat in the Lake behind......Lots of Weddings are held here, unfortunately but as life proceeds Funerals too!

Fantastic View of Lake and Rivers side by side as our Consist passes by.

See the Icy Peak in the back, and cool water Spray lower left as it parades down the Canyon Wall below.........

Here you can see Water, Mainline, and grand Highway all in one setting, but nicely apart from one another, but not too far apart.

I had to redo this Highway in several places do to some ground alignment in the area.

As for decisions between TS-12, Trainz Driver 2016, and the latest Trainz Tane New Era, I deleted Trainz Driver 2016 tonight, freeing up 13Gigs of HD space, and started downloading 3000+ missing Assets for New Era Prgm, as Southern 1850 Noted earlier, it's going to be arduous process, slow at best, accurate if I'm lucky with no hick ups.....

And I went thru my computer, and cleaned out all my duplicate Files too, why not, it's better now than later.

That's all for now, have a great weekend folks.

Lightbulb Aurora to Montana Rail Trip with the UP Turbines! XI Up the Cliff side.

Evening all,

I have been very busy migrating over TANE from TS-12, oh what Joy....It's only taken about 8 hrs or so to move and copy my routes, Scenery and CDP's to the new program and then go thru them, too see what works and what gets cut because it is to old or Faulty for TANE....

I've ended up with 401,000 assets, out of which I have 300 that need help, and I'll have to figure how to fix, once I get PEV's tools setup for Tane.

I do like the way Content Mgr works, it just will take some time to learn the Ins/outs of how things are wired in this version. I definitely need to Port over to a Desktop when I can GPU wise........Poor old new Laptop tries but it is short on the performance. Ah, but will deal with it for now......LOL

OK so back to our trip here, I just too a Wye over to the other side of Mountain Valley, now we start the heavy uphill Grade to the Refinery that sits on top of this Range........

Well, as expected we are coming into Rain here, but up higher I would expect Snow, no problem, we have the power to get there.

We left the Main Line on the other side now, and the Rain Storm has come in over the Valley, Clouds have darkened.....

Oh no, look up the upper left Corner of the against some very tall mountains in the back you can see some of the Oil Refinery showing up. in the bottom left is our Power Plant to make electricity for this valley and the Industries that depend on it.

A much higher shot here, the Sun is setting, or is it the Moon Rising, I'm not sure, but you can see we have a ways to travel to reach the upper level to the Oil Fields.......I have 2 Wye's set up off the valley so we can come in North and Southern entries to Oil Fields.

Another deep view of the Canyon from high up across from where we are headed..........

I've got lot's of Textures too repair in TANE, and start reading a very interesting Tane Manual to learn how this 64 Bit monster really works.....I bid you all a blessed Sunday.

Thank's for dropping buy.......

Smile Aurora to Montana Rail Trip with the UP Turbines! XII Up the Cliff side.

Good Day all,

A little off topic here, but finally we are getting some much needed Rain in Southern California, and possibly more over the next few days.

OK, A little back ground on this part of the Route, when I downloaded this about a Year ago I think, could be longer, this Route is huge, and I had to cut into less than Half, due to the fact my other Computer (older Laptop 6yrs ) couldn't handle it due to GPU issues.

This route was originally Single Main Line with lots of passing Sidings and Yards, so in cutting the Route down, I decided to add some small areas of interest along with connecting lines, did a lot changes in the Mountains here and there, so the line our Consist is driving up was made by me, it tool about 1 & 1/2 weeks to cut into the mountains for several miles, drop some bridges over the Gorges.

I thought for me, that it would be a little more interesting if I had some Lines coming off the Main and headed up through a different part of the Mountains. there are some hidden lines in the Cliffs too, and Portals too! that go into other hidden areas of my Merged Route....I'm thinking of downloading this route down again and connecting the other half by Portals, since I have read in the Forums some interesting Portal uses for Large Routes, and I'm sure this Laptop would enjoy the Modular over huge.

Now as we trek up the cliff side, take a look in the back and you'll see 2 sets of Main Lines that are even higher than we are here. Will travel thru some of that area.......I did some other Trick things in the back where we are at close edge to the end of the Base Board.

We head higher here, about 2% Grade if I recall, and a Tunnel is coming into to View. Lower area is a small Town below on the Main Route which has a long passing siding.

Downtown Buildings as seen from another hot 180 Degrees lots of High Mountains. I don't if you can see it, but Rain Drops have started up again.....This whole area wait 5 mins except in Winter and the Weather will change.

It is really pouring now, Icy Rain drops with lots of associated Thunder. As we pass through a deep Mountain pass below.

The Bridge is old and has been here a very long time, but it is well built, so we keep it. And the Tunnel matches nicely I think too. Well,let's just say I tried to match it as best I could? I hope you like.....

Green light ahead looks good as we are up to one heck of a Fall Storm...Snow Season is not far away now.

I'm still feeling my around TANE New Era, I have lots to learn, and 300 problems to fix once I get Pev's tools setup and learn how to work with them....All in good time.

Wishing you all a good week ahead, and thanks for coming by to my place.