Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108
Results 1,606 to 1,613 of 1613

Thread: Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Lightbulb Spacing of House Splines, Merge Issues, Deleting Trainz

Good Morning all,

Been very busy painting the house and other much needed repairs. Probably been 25yrs since last painting was done, and California Sun is Hell on the Wood, all cracked and peeled, fortunately only needed to replace about 15 feet of fascia board this round.....

So Blue did a Bozo no no, this week,

I had noticed that in windows, I have 4 different entries in Programs installed for Trainz, but I only use one version, that is Trainz Platinum, so I removed/uninstalled one of the older dated ones, and guess what, my Trainz working directory was capootz, gone, missing. Only my working directory was left, thank goodness, all my backups, Routes and Assets were still there. So I had to re-download the installer, about 9'6 Gigs, and and my computer would goto sleep, stopping the download, if I wasn't there to watch it, after 6 failed attempts, I literally had to sit with the computer while it downloaded, reading my mail and other stuff, till the file completed. I made sure this time, I keep a copy of said Installer file for later use if needed in the future.....

Proceeded to reinstall, then do three Version upgrades, when all was said and done, about 12 or so hours later, with DBR rebuilds after error checking routines, I got my Trainz Platinum restored back to original, no Routes or Assets were hurt or corrupted during this operation.

I think from this point, I will leave things well enough alone..........LOL

From what I can see on merges, it appears that both my computers face the same issues on moderate to larger Merges, it will never finish the merge, I have to close Trainz, reopen, then commit the changes, and manually add the old style non PBR Grid Tiles to make the merge finish, however, all elevation is lost, so one has to go back and re sculpt the hills, mountains and/or valleys to match the original elevation height, as well, re texture. So from what I can gather at this point, Trainz does not like merging anything larger than small Routes with default PBR Tiles. At least for now......

Here is what the completed/restored elevation corrections look like on merged Route with Grid tile, NO PBR, and Signals here need adjustment, one behind the other needs to be on other side of Switch, with another added to mainline for them to trigger appropriately for all traffic control.

This is what the Default Elevation Merge looks like, you can see I need to restore the Mountain Scape here to what the Track height shows.....Yes it is a lot of work, but for me, I like the challenge too just see if I can pull it off.......Good exercise for the Brain ya know, Old Blue needs the Brain workout?

This is what the Route looks like on shutting down Trainz and restarting the program, no tiles here, only Tracks, Trees, Houses, Cars etc. So I go down to grid line, zero elevation, and manually throw the tiles in underneath the Tracks....Crazy....huh? Feel like the mad Scientist, no one would ever believe this.....! Unless I showed them first...EEK!

Here is another merge of moderate size Route that would not complete that I am adding to about 100-150 tile Route below.......

This is the larger Route I am adding the smaller Route too, I using it as a Branch Line

If you take a look at these houses, it appears on tight curves it doesn't look right the Asset can't figure how to space the houses within spec properly, so I just stop it before the Curb and insert single houses to fill the Curve appropriately.....

Another issue with trying to crunch the house Spline Asset item, this Asset should not be set in this length, when you use the asset, you have to stretch it to the point, where the Houses expand to correct size. When I started to play with the Assets, I found this out by mistake. I think it has to due with Rendering and when it is stretched to different lengths, and/or curves......So here, the Asset should not be used in this confined space, or change the Road spacing's between the homes......It is not easy.

I seen this in a lot of Routes, when you run a lot of them Parallel, it seems to eat into the Graphics Card and Frame Rates, more so with the PBR stuff...... For me, I usually take out every other Spline on this one, and it gets thru the Graphic Crush for Memory and Render usage. Of course my Video Card, NVIDIA is 4 yrs old, and it is not a high end card.....6 Gig Ram Card is in my future, but will see, Prices of Graphic Cards are still high these days......Don't want to break the Piggy Bank.....LOL

Thought this was a cool Yard and Round House setup........

OK....This is all for now, I will post some Y Tube Links later tonight, Mrs Blue is waiting for me to get our house projects going today,,,,,My work is never finished.....Happy Life Happy ? And you know the rest of that one....

Peace and Good Health all......

Lightbulb As promised, my picks of the week.......

Psst.....I had to sneak in here for minute, and then back to work, hanging new outdoor lights.....Mr's Blue is going to come looking for me soon,,,,,

Got to run,,,,,Enjoy....

Blues Y Tube Pics of the week:
    https://youtu.be/fn_1DYM5auk

Mass Coastal Ballast Trains - 2/2022

These scenes were filmed on the New Bedford Sub as well as the Middleboro Secondary line when Mass Coastal ran ballast train there during 2/2022. Scenes filmed in Taunton, New Bedford, Freetown, and Berkley, MA.
    ================================================== ===========================

Push/Pull Operation on the DLWR

https://youtu.be/eQ924z_kAmc

In an odd twist, GVT's Depew, Lancaster & Western Railroad's DL-1 heads east through Lancaster, NY back to their engine house with SW9 #13 pushing and pulling a handful of cars!
    Filmed 5/3/2022
    Unloading MOW Equipment off a Tractor Trailer Truck

https://youtu.be/cF3KWNi6bh4

Have you ever seen a piece of MOW equipment being unloaded off
    a tractor trailer truck? Today you gonna see a spiker and a ballast regulator
    being unloaded off a truck trailer. Plus:

First part of the video is devoted to a discussion of how we here at
    the Cumberland Mine RR have gotten all our rolling stock in over the
    years since we do not interchange with any other RR. Also we will
    tell you about how all MOW equipment is brought in and how
    RR contractors move their MOW equipment from job to job. For those
    who may not know, MOW = Maintenance of Way.
    Comments for my Steam Enthusiasts:
    Rare Mileage: Ride on the Edaville "Old Main Line"

https://youtu.be/Dl-Bz4SqKUk

Filmed on the Edaville Railroad's "Old Main Line", once part of the 5.5 mile loop built in 1947 and removed in 2005. The old main is now the remaining portion of the original loop used at Christmas time and for rare special events. The double headed steam train traveled up the old line to the end of used track at Rattlesnake Curve for some photos. The line continues past this point but needs more repair work for it to be in service. The section we rode on was recently repaired with new ties and we were lucky enough to get this far as it is past the Christmas display where trains usually go in November and December. This footage was filmed on April 23, 2022 as part of the Edaville 75th Anniversary event.

4/23/2022 Edaville Railroad Carver, MA
    Unexpected Providence and Worcester Northbound Train

https://youtu.be/ySTCxOyZAp0
    PEWAUKEE
    CP Derailment - 4K - Pewaukee, WI with Radio Audio

https://youtu.be/udHGjS3cO54

Canadian Pacific derailed in Pewaukee Wisconsin this morning. Radio traffic between crew and dispatcher was from time of incident and video is from a few hours later.
    Note: date in the video is incorrect and should be March 19th, 2022.
    Y90's Altoona Derailment [Dispatcher Display Animation and Audio Recordings]

https://youtu.be/j83csnh5UKk

Derailments happen, they are a part of railroading'. And while it is sometimes nice to look at and analysis the actual wreck, I argue that there is value in watching the sequence of events from an unconventional point of view. Here we a look of the derailment events from the train dispatcher's point of view. Key framed animation of the trains have been color coded with their radio recording's text on screen.

While this is not a copy of exactly the NS dispatcher sees, this is an interpretation of it from the fine folks with ATCS monitoring group. A brief explanation of what one sees in a dispatcher point of view:

White lines -- the tracks
    Colored blocks (not a part of normal ATCS displays) -- trains, colored to match with the transcribed radio text
    Colored circles (not a part of normal ATCS displays) -- people on the ground (conductors, maintenance of way, train master, etc.)

This may be the first time you are seeing these types of images, displays, and graphs, and yes, there is a lot going on. I have tried to simplify it to the best of my ability but if something doesn't make sense to you, always feel free to ask in the comment section. I, or someone that knows a lot more than me in this field, would be more than willing to try and develop an answer for you.

Audio recordings from broadcastify's "Altoona Area Rail" feed.
    Background graphics of train dispatching display courtesy of ATCS mon groups
    Thumbnail from WTAJ's news report on said derailment
    Key-framed animations of trains and transcribed radio transmissions texts all done by yours truly
    Comments: I know what a Roadrailer was/is, do you?
    NS Triple Crown Roadrailer over Mississippi River Hannibal, MO Bridge

https://youtu.be/tfZnKArXIyw

Norfolk Southern runs its Triple Crown service using Roadrailer trailers between Kansas City, Missouri and Detroit, Michigan. This is a unique train where the trailers are the train - there are no flatcars or well cars as with traditional inter-modal.

On March 21, 2022 BNSF power leads this eastbound train north through town and then curves east through the tunnel and over the Hannibal, Missouri lift bridge over the Mississippi River.

Bonus photos of this service at other locations are included.
    Comments: This one is considered an Oldie but a Goody, hope u enjoy it, I remember these Trains, long ago!

124 - M&NB Railroad - Santa Fe RR in New Mexico 1996 Part 3 - by Karl Rasmussen

https://youtu.be/kc4SEqU5hg8

HISTORY
    The Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway was chartered in February, 1859 to serve the cities of Atchison and Topeka, Kansas, and Santa Fe, New Mexico. The railroad reached the Kansas–Colorado border in 1873 and Pueblo, Colorado in 1876.
    The railroad built west from Atchison, Kansas across to Pueblo, Colorado. The AT&SF then tried to build further West through the Royal Gorge, however the Denver Rio and Grande was also building along the Arkansas River. A railroad war began that was finally settled by the government. The D&RG won the right to build along the Arkansas River, while the AT&SF had the right to build South into New Mexico over the Raton and Glorieta Passes. The AT&SF then continued West into Arizona and California to the West Coast.
    The AT&SF used this line via Colorado as the mainline until the early 1900s, when the freight trains became too long and heavy to economically cross the steep grades on the Raton and Glorieta Passes. The railroad then upgraded a number of secondary lines that ran South from Topeka, Kansas to Amarillo, Texas and ,met the original mainline in New Mexico near Belen. This became the Freight Mainline and is today’s Trans-con.
    The Santa Fe Trans-con Line is the busiest mainline track in the Western United States with 80 to 100 trains a day.
    In 1996, The Santa Fe merged with the Burlington Northern to become the Burlington Northern Santa Fe or BNSF. The BNSF has since double tracked the remaining single tracked sections on the line.

That's a rap for today, thanks for dropping bay, stay Healthy Folks.

When I delete part of a route to leave only some sections to merge, there are "ghost" things that I can't delete, a problem.
    Thanks for the videos this week.

Hugs to you and regards to Mrs Blue.

Javier

Lightbulb Leftover Asset Artifacts in Tile Deletion Processes

Quote Originally Posted by fant_autentico View Post
    When I delete part of a route to leave only some sections to merge, there are "ghost" things that I can't delete, a problem.
    Thanks for the videos this week.

Hugs to you and regards to Mrs Blue.

Javier

Javier,

Hello from afar the big Ocean.......What I and others call it is "artifacts" So here is what I think is going on when you delete sections of the Route, or Trimming the Tiles out you don't need Etc......What I think is happening is the Hard Drive or SSD cannot keep up with the Deletion process when you cut out the Tiles, I notice it will leave Trees and Trackage, and more often lots of it, when Assets are set at the very edges of your Tiles.

So when you see this happen, what I do, is re add a blank tile or two, then go into the tile and delete those Assets off the Tile Plate, then delete the Tile again. Usually that will do the trick, another thing, too, if you try to delete Tiles with tons of Assets on them, it is Hard on Trainz to completely clear all the Assets and Tile at the same time.....Sometimes what I will do, is delete all the Tracks in the Tile, and that works well....

My thoughts are too, Trainz just like Windows, has a lot of stuff going on in the Back Ground Processes, and it just gets Clogged up sometimes, Another thing I find out, when I close a Route that I have done a lot of editing in, it is good to wait a min or 2 before you go on to another Route, since it appears there are Delayed File changes to the Drive. And I also think that is one of the problems that occurs when your doing Asset Edits and Route Name Saves too...Maybe that is why, when you do Missing Asset Deletion in a Route, it takes a couple of Mins for the Missing Assets Icon to Clear out of your Trainz Program when your waiting to see if it worked or not.

I also notice when I do Missing Asset Deletion on Routes, several times, it will not get all the Assets Deleted, and might leave 1-4 more still left behind. YOU have to go back into Surveyor again and do the Process, 1-2 more to complete 100% deletion of missing Assets. Crazy I know. And in some rare instances, I have to manually go into Config File of Route, track down the Rogue Missing and Faulty Asset and delete it.....What a pain sometimes........

Have a great weekend and I told Mr's Blue you said Hello.......Big Smile for you,,,,,,,,,
    Last edited by blueodessey; May 5th, 2022 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Add a Title to this mesg

Lightbulb Microsoft had their Patch Tuesday yesterday

Good Day Folks,

I caught some Food Poisoning yesterday and couldn't post this till now, I doing much better, after having unscheduled meetings with Montezuma Revenge, fortunately it was not Covid this time, I tested and got negative results with Home Kit.......That was a big relief......!

All Symptoms have disappeared now.......!

================================================== ================================

It looks like Microsoft had their Patch Tuesday yesterday, here is the link for info on what it contains etc......."Bleepcomputer" is a pretty good site and keeps up with Computer Trends and Issues.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...days-75-flaws/

This article had some additional information, revealing possible problems with the installed Patches, nothing new on this, it happens.

Here is the notes from user with problems they experienced:

Perhaps these patches were necessary and perhaps not. All I know is that after I installed the patches on Patch Tuesday (May 10, 2022), I was unable to connect to my credit union to do online banking. I tried it using 5 different web browsers. I disabled all extensions and add-ons and my antivirus program, and I was still unable to connect until I eventually uninstalled the patches. I spent over an hour online with second-level tech support at my credit union and together we determined that the only thing that changed since I accessed their secure website yesterday was these patches. As an afterthought, I tried accessing their online banking website using my Linux Mint computer and my Mac Book Air and both attempts were immediately successful. That left me with only one conclusion: the latest Windows 10 Home patches had destroyed my ability to make a secure connection to their online banking website regardless of which web browser I used on Windows 10 Home. After I uninstalled as many of the patches as I could, I was able to resume online baking again on my Windows computer. Since then, I have paused Windows Updates for the next 7 days. I will not enable them again until I know for certain that these patches are actually safe to use.

Have a great week all, and I hope this information is helpful........

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueodessey View Post
    -snip-
    I caught some Food Poisoning yesterday and couldn't post this till now, I doing much better, after having unscheduled meetings with Montezuma Revenge, -snip-
    Speaking of Montezuma's Revenge, I wanted to post this as one of my other interests is roller coasters. Knotts Berry Farm in Buena Park, California, has a roller coaster named, ironically, Montezooma's Revenge. What makes it interesting is that it is the only one of eight of it's roller coaster model built to have it's original flywheel launch. It's also the first roller coaster to be built with a flywheel launch, all the way back in 1978. Here's how it works:
    A flywheel is spun up to very high speeds by a motor; once it reaches a certain RPM, in the thousands of RPM, a clutch is enabled. The clutch connects the flywheel to a drum, which has a cable wrapped around it. The cable it attached to a 'catch car', which runs along the center of the roller coaster track and the roller coaster train is attached to. When the clutch is engaged, the flywheel begins to spin the drum, which spools up the cable, which pulls the catch car, which accelerate the roller coaster train along the track to speeds of 55 miles per hour in 4.5 seconds, before disengaging from the catch car and continuing along the roller coaster track. Enjoy this POV (Point-Of-View) of a ride on Montezooma's Revenge. You'll see the catch car a few times in the middle of the track throughout the video:
    Owner of Freeman Locomotive Works.

Smile The Ride I never had the courage to Ride?

Quote Originally Posted by jordon412 View Post
    Speaking of Montezuma's Revenge, I wanted to post this as one of my other interests is roller coasters. Knotts Berry Farm in Buena Park, California, has a roller coaster named, ironically, Montezooma's Revenge. What makes it interesting is that it is the only one of eight of it's roller coaster model built to have it's original flywheel launch. It's also the first roller coaster to be built with a flywheel launch, all the way back in 1978. Here's how it works:
    A flywheel is spun up to very high speeds by a motor; once it reaches a certain RPM, in the thousands of RPM, a clutch is enabled. The clutch connects the flywheel to a drum, which has a cable wrapped around it. The cable it attached to a 'catch car', which runs along the center of the roller coaster track and the roller coaster train is attached to. When the clutch is engaged, the flywheel begins to spin the drum, which spools up the cable, which pulls the catch car, which accelerate the roller coaster train along the track to speeds of 55 miles per hour in 4.5 seconds, before disengaging from the catch car and continuing along the roller coaster track. Enjoy this POV (Point-Of-View) of a ride on Montezooma's Revenge. You'll see the catch car a few times in the middle of the track throughout the video:
    I had spent a lot of Time here in this magical place, eating great Chicken and Pies, riding all the great rides as a Kid some 60 yrs ago, and this was the one Ride I could not bring myself to ever ride.

Rode all the rest of them and had lots of Family fun back then.........

Thank you for sharing it here, brings back a lot of Good Memories for sure........

Lightbulb Laguna Niguel Fires/Misc Pics/You Tube Pics

Good Day all,

Miss my 75 Degree days, today it popped up to 92, you'd think it was Summer, and unfortunately for us, our Beach areas in Laguna Niguel lost 20 high value homes burned to the ground in the last few days, from a bad Brush Fire!

https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/l...laguna-niguel/

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/13/weath...ght/index.html

More than 130 Orange County, California, homes are still under evacuation orders as Coastal Fire still burns. Not a good way to start with this type of Weather and High Winds that's for sure........

Back to Trainz: Been busy with my little Lenovo Laptop, cleaning out Routes that are to big or complex to run with the under powered GPU.

In the news I was reading thru, I found this interesting Tidbit of another type of Special Purpose Train Consist, called a Land Train. Never remember hearing anything about this particular piece of Operating Equip in Remote areas:

The-incredible-story-of-the-us-army-s-earth-shaking-off-road-land-trains?

https://www.google.com/search?client...land-trains%3F

Tonight Pics little of this n that:

This is for the New Folks: Whenever downloading a Route from DLS, generally, the Signals are not setup for operation, make sure you open the Signal Properties using "?" and set your Signal the way you want it to operate, and I would strongly encourage you to read how the Signals are to work. As well, you can test different settings and try your Trains too see the Signal Aspects slow.

Additionally be aware not all Signals will be found Prototypical set for intended or wanted operation. Also, Invisible signals can be added to aid particular Signal control of complicated Junctions. Let your imagination go, but remember in some Terse situations, your going to need Tenacity a lot of dry runs.

Finally I am no expert, I just try to make things work the best I can....And for me, Joy when see Signals do what they do best, control traffic, and not have Cornfield Meets Etc.

This Spanish or Italian Route? Small Motor Car amking Scheduled stops today.

This is a cool Tram Route, with working Traffic Signal Lights, quite complicated but they work perfectly. Quite a ways above my technical proficiency.

Something I came across, this is ASB Crossover Corrector Tane SP3/TRS. Below is part of information, complete info is on Boatz's site.

UPDATE for TRS19 Streaming. Requires Tane SP3/TRS19 Controller!

This is a specialized optional trigger as part of the Active Signal Box kit, (ASB). It allows trains to
    be within ASB Crossover Triggers at Session Start-Up and not get stuck! See instructions in dialogue box or a full tutorial at www.boatztrainz.co.uk

This type of in the air Track can be one of 4 Colors, which is very helpful, however, I generally have to remove these Flight Paths for Lenovo, it can keep up with the Graphics of Rendering above Ground as well doing Tracks on Ground. So I will scale it down or remove completely.

Using Bulk Asset Module, to replace PBR Grid with PBR Grass Texture for several small areas.

Tight curves like this will work for very slow moving Trains, in size too. But if your running longer length Rolling Stock Loco's it might cause extreme overhangs going thru the Curve. I usually ease the tightness of these type curves. Again this is just my taste, everyone has there Style and reason for particular Curve Radius? Your mileage will vary.

This is either a Russian or Czechoslovakian Route, I had to cobble up some Czech? Rolling Stocks and Locos for Test Runs.
    ================================================== =============================
    Blues Y Tubes Picks of the Week:

1911 Locomotive Found in a Scrap Yard!

https://youtu.be/dC4FZssFScc
    ==========================================
    ghost locomotive attacks again - Argentina - locomotora fantasma sin conductor -

https://youtu.be/HJP8kAWI2SU

1,544 views Jun 20, 2020 Año 2007, #Mendoza - #Argentina, General Motors GA8 #locomotive got away from the yard without conductor and ran more than 90 miles reaching 50 Mph crossing three cities finally was stopped using another Alco RSD16 locomotive at its front
    ============================================
    Comments:Old axiom Size Matters, well? In this case, historically, it does, and still will, this Big Baby can hold her own, straight out!
    The Largest Steam Locomotive on Earth!

https://youtu.be/GW_CqaBg39c

Follow Union Pacific Big Boy 4014 and the 844 on a special double-header between Cheyenne, Wyoming and Ogden, Utah. The event coincided with Union Pacific's Spike 150 Celebration commemorating the driving of the golden spike at Promontory Summit, Utah in 1869. This is the 4014's first excursion run after being restored to operating condition. Scenes along Sherman Hill and the Wasatch Mountains show Big Boy working over the mountain grades it was originally designed for.
    ==============================================
    Minneapolis Water Works Plant - BNSF Grove Job with a funky horn

https://youtu.be/ekpSSq0qobA

Next to BNSF Railways massive North town Yard sits the Minneapolis Water Works. The Grove Job provides it with regular service, but its hard to catch them working this location.

We start off at 44th Ave, and see the Grove Job pulling two former CNW hoppers out of the Water Works. After sounding its funky horn, and crossing East River Road, the crew put their train back together - complete with a caboose! After shoving back on former Minneapolis, Anoka & Cuyuna Range rails, the Grove Job made its way back towards 35th Ave. All the while we'll get a quick view of the Hump working in the background.
    =================================================
    Cab Ride to Camden Yards | MARC / Burlington Northern E9

https://youtu.be/QBUMml1SdYo

This is a MARC visit like none-other! Great shots track side and 2 Cab Rides: Into Washington, DC and then into Camden Yards Station in Baltimore. Plus a visit to the MARC shops!
    ================================================== ==
    12 OLD SUBWAY CARS AT FAIRPORT, NY. DARWIN CANDIDATE, OPPOSITE SWITCHING, RACE IN DESHLER

https://youtu.be/-icMinbhlhk

And that folks is it for tonight, thanks for coming by. Have a wonderful weekend.

Peace and Good Health to you and Family
    Last edited by blueodessey; May 14th, 2022 at 12:25 AM.