Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Lightbulb New Gensets/Tende issues/1 Tile Basemap/Cajon Pass & Feather River merge.

Good day and a blessed Ash Wednesday to all,

A prayer goes out to Jordon who "has epilepsy and I've been dealing with seizures for several years" and this week he had another Seizure....

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...fice-Yesterday

Ok...

Got a hold of in constructuction Genset from Btvfd repainting america one day at a time, He does some awesome work...Thanks for the special Gensets

View from the other side on my test track with Steam moving the partially complete Gen-sets. Very cool....

Now this next picture of Southern Steam Loco, I have an issue with the animation of Coal Load in the tender raising up to far where you see light coming thru....Don't know if I can fix it or not.....

And this is how many tracks can you put in a one Tile Layout, really well done with Back drops to give it more realism in the view......

Author Notes:Simple base route for 14, created with Base mapz software.

So this little one tile Route can due the job, lots of Shunting and moving around on a Shortline simulation......

Here is view from one end of the industrial park.

Other end of the tile, he has Roundhouse with lots of Loco's parked inside.

Map of Feather River and Cajon Pass merge, it looks strange, but it'll work for me....I want to extend Cajon Pass on both ends for different Route conditions and longer running.

Plan looking for another Route with high enough elevation to slip onto the upper right side of Cajon pass.....And I need a large Rail Yard for that part of the addon......

And this is a new Route I just downloaded the other day to check it out and see if I like it....
    THE RED CLIFFE LINE NG v.01

Author's Notes:The new Redcliffe Branch Line from Petrie due to open midway through 2016 will give commuters quicker access to Brisbane. It includes six new railway stations from Petrie to Kallangur, Murrumba Downs, Mango Hill, Kinsellas Road, Rothwell and Kippa Ring. This route is based on the Redcliffe Line but I've used some artistic licence to beautify or highlight some particular areas.

Built in T:ANE and then patched up to SP1. I have been forced to use STD Gauge track instead of 3'6' QR rail because QR SMU rolling stock have only been modeled in Standard Gauge. If suitable stock with the correct gauge are found, then the track can be easily replaced.

A Session provides Commuter transport handled by Portal Control, and an odd Freight train may appear on occasions. Sit back and enjoy the scenery of the Redcliffe Peninsula while the commuters go to work.

A second Session occurs on a Sunday when a 'Heritage Steam Train' runs from the Kippa-Ring sidings to Lawnton via Petrie, then makes the return journey to Kippa-Ring.

If you wish to place your own train on the line remember in Australia we drive on the left side of the road and that goes for the trains on this route too.

And the last Route, is the one I lost somehow, Jango's Rollins Pass, I plan on doing some Consists Runs, once I figure what the Rolling Stock is.......I put a few cars and Steam Loco together up here today, you can see how cold it gets at 11000 Feet and higher, that is amazing too think this route was built up this high in Snow Country.....If you went up there now, I don't think you would find much of anything, since the Forest Service hated the Railroad and tore out all there stuff after Moffat Tunnel was built to bypass this area....What a Shame that is to me.....

Here is an interesting Link to read about this once great Route high in the Rocky Mountains:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollins_Pass

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=rollins+pa...157-3zp&ia=web

https://www.visitgrandcounty.com/exp.../rollins-pass/

Author Jango's Notes:ROLLINS PASS 1910 winter version
    Author : GianFranco Jango Messaggi .

Version 1 for T:ANE
    May 2017.

Rollins Winter Version Route Development Team 2017
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Staff:

GianFranco Jango Messaggi - Route Builder - Project Leader 2004 - 2017 - Roadmaster -

Chris Gerlach - CrisGer - Project Lead and History and Asset Making Lead, Site Planning, Location Design, 500 + Structures and Objects Created -
    Moffat Road Historical Restoration Lead 2013 - 2016, Rolling Stock Planning and Development 2013 - 2016.
    Carlo - Pendolino - - Technical and Communications. TrainZItalia Administrator.
    E.Grua - Ettore48 - Beta tester - TrainZItalia Staff.

Bob - DennR ID:450495 - Project Lead - Train master - Chief Project Engineer and Technical Consult- Historical Research -
    Developed Entire Rolling stock and Engine library and loads - Scenario Design.
    gman347 - Paul Gorski - Architectural Renders-Historical Research-Rolling Stock Construction.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Historical Research and Sources:

John Emmot - (Denver Salt Lake Historical Society) Historical Background, rolling stock design and testing, site history, Railroad operations,
    Engine history and operations, photo analysis and sourcing, donated many personal photos and 3 years of consultation
    Ken Shaver - Publisher and Editor Corona Telegraph, Denver & Salt Lake Historical Society key research and assessment and consultation
    Dean Steam - Historical sourcing, technical data, Curve Data, Engine operations data, photo sourcing and research and analysis
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Asset Creation and Sourcing and Assistance:

Roberto Conti - robertoconti19 - Trees, buildings, rocks.
    Wayne Campbell - Created the rolling stock, and assisted in conversions : 100 + freight cars, 20 Passenger cars.
    Ben Neal - bdaneal - Engines, tenders, rolling stock
    Radu C. - colorado71 - Use of Engine for DNWP 200 series 2-6-6-0
    Ben Dorsey Moo Cars
    Linda Cummings on behalf of Clem (deceased) - Jordan Spreader
    John Fitzpatrick - jjfitz1 Tank cars
    Tom Landers - Standpipe
    andi06 - Procedural tracks
    Pencil42 - Water Tank, help with conversions and created 2 trucks for us
    pcas1986 - helped conversion of Passenger coaches and texture adjustment
    whitepass - advised on Passenger coach design
    normhart - advised on rolling stock and asset selection and testing of rolling stock
    trainboi1 - donated source files for Climax engine and adjusted textures and final model
    JCitron - tested assets
    captainkman - helped with conversions
    vulcan - helped with his MOW equipment and updates for the files
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Creations UK - Figures and Scenery Assets

Reg Furness (RefMan) - concept for figures and textures
    John Fleming - Fraser Depot mesh and consults.
    Tim Muir - Advice, model reference and texture templates and consults
    Steve Thompson - Structure Textures and Sawmill consults
    Linda Irene Tingvik - Much help with Textures, Colorado historic structures and design

That'll do for today......

Lightbulb BNSF Central Valley Sub Div/Stockton to Milpitas/ Misc Weblinks

Good Friday to all,

I have been looking at some of Routes that go thru California in general sense, of which there are several Class "1's, and I have played with BNSF Central Valley Sub Division by "willianb73" <Kuid2:670546:100222:1>

Author's Notes:The BNSF Bakersfield Sub transverses the San Joaquin Valley from Stockton, CA to Bakersfield, CA. This 36 Mile Diorama includes a run from just outside Corcoran, CA thru Laton, CA. Hand made map 4 years work!

in looking at Central Valley Sub, I became interested in Stockton area, because it also includes a Port?

And so I did a Search on the DSL and what ya know, I came up with a Gem of a Route, 2.9, and hoped it would be accepted OK In TRS19 and it was, no textures missing, no track problems, what more could I ask for...

Track work is awesome, nice curves, everything is Mile posted and other Rail Co connections are all identified. Author "superfudd" has gone to great lengths to document this Route, so that someone like me, who is not familiar with this particular area can go in and know right away where and how other Foreign Rail Co's connect to this Route. So the route is close to 100 Tiles (my guestament) and it is not congested with lots of Buildings, that allows one to customize as desired.

Stockton to Milpitas (Alpha1) Kuid <:54833:1255> by "superfudd" Version 2.9, approx 10 Meg, and I think it had 2 missing assets, which I just deleted........It is a Quaint
    little Route.

This Stockton to Milpitas (Alpha) is a major rework and expansion of Altamont Commuter Express by AJ_Fox. It only needs TS2009 built in content, I hope.

With that here are some pictures of the Route...If you like what you see here, go into Content Manager, DSL , use Key word Search "STOCKTON" and it will come right up.........

And I also found this on the WEB too, interesting but crucial Short Line that works a Port and transfers to Class 1 carriers....

http://www.cctrailroad.com/

Google Map for this RR

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ce...!4d-121.320734

And If I don't mess up and forget, my next Post will have something else I came across as I was searching for more info old and forgotten Railroads long before I came into this world......

"This new Google map shows America’s hidden network of abandoned railroads."

With that, this Route gives me a good primer template for how to do some of my smaller Routes over time. This is my perspective only, others will have different or apposing views, and I fully respect that.....

Next several shots show blocks of this Route, you can see how things are well detailed. Now everyone does their Route as to what they feel is adequate. And of course many routes are more complex by a long shot, and it would take forever to do this amount of detail as such.....

I tried to take these in cross sections so you could see better, the kind of Detail he did on this Route.

Because I have more Route size flexability, I going to add some end Tiles to parts of the outside edges here.....

There is lots of Sub Spur/mainline marked connections to other Class one Transfer Points, so if I want, I could expand out from various spots where the short connection stops.......

Check out the Yard below, and how well it is made.....Not too large, but perfect for what I like to work with....Can't waite to play more on this Route with SP and other Livery......

Good shot here, to show more perspective on how well this Car Sorting Yard is designed.......With nice amount of interchange crossover Tracks to get the Cars in, and your Loco out, thinking Dwell time performance.

Not to big Roundhouse here, and I can always throw one in elsewhere on the Route if I need too....

Nice Grainery here, tracks are set up perfectly for storage and Shunting needs.

That'll do it for today.......Thanks for Dropping in.......

United States of America, Central Wisconsin
    Blog Entries

Love your screenshots there blue!

Hope you don't mind me sharing w WIP shots from Midwestern Branch (bring updated to TRS19 standards)

I already started the turffx grass thingy, so whenever I get the chance to take some shots of that I'll also post them if you want to see

Peace

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

Cool

Thank you for the kind words sir......And your always welcome here to post........

Never need to ask .......The welcome mat out for you Sir................

Blog Entries

Thank you so much!

Like I promised, I said I was going to show you some screenshots with the turffx grass thingy, well here they are

Peace

NARM's site^

Lightbulb The turffx grass thingy

Your effects showcase the beauty and natural looking effects that can be achieved here.......

When I bought Trainz IPAD player 2, I wondered in that juncture in time where this Game might evolve too, as I had awful memory issues on the IPAD, and was severally limited on amount of Assets available, constant crashing with video issues and the like, now 4 something years later, we have come quite a ways down the technology road. And IPad's are much more capable now than back in the day when I started with a Version 2, having only 30 Gigs of memory, which you all know is nothing for the Trainz Storage needs !!

Over time I have been watching talented Route Creators such as you create naturalistic looking scenes and it gets more real life everyday, especially when one is able to watch Trainz Videos that look very close real life...........It keeps getting better all the time.

This is one area of TRS19 I'm clueless on at the moment, I need to learn how to do the process and make it come out OK.........From what I have read, there some incompatibilities with 2d & 3d Texture mapping height on the Grids? At least this is how I think I understand it?

Blog Entries

And IPad's are much more capable now than back in the day when I started with a Version 2, having only 30 Gigs of memory, which you all know is nothing for the Trainz Storage needs !!
    That I'll agree! TANE just needed 20GB for all of the built-ins / deluxe routes, and now TRS19 needs 50GB for everything! I guess these days, games / programs these days won't be small anymore, they're going to be huge in size!

With the turffx grass thingy, it does take some time to get use to it. Its a really good idea N3V has, but a separate interface for it would be much better than where it is right now, but just like TANE, its all a huge test area to see on how things will look and such..

This is one area of TRS19 I'm clueless on at the moment, I need to learn how to do the process and make it come out OK.........From what I have read, there some incompatibilities with 2d & 3d Texture mapping height on the Grids? At least this is how I think I understand it?
    Yes that's correct. 2D and 3D textures aren't compatible with the two mixed. If you look closely between the two, the 2D is "higher" than the 3D, which is more lower into the ground. Basically its good for around the tracks / splines, but for way in the background, then 2D will be better as I don't know who would go that far from the tracks lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Anyway, got more pics using the new TRS19 grass thingy

Peace
    Last edited by hiawathamr; March 11th, 2019 at 11:36 AM.

NARM's site^

Thumbs up

OH I like the new Picks you brought today........I have to get busy and start planting!

Good point on 2D/3D placement, as for a PULLOUT or separate section, i would hope that is in development for later on when they do a revision.......And it could be, that this Turf wasn't a 100% thing, so they figured give it more time on the Test Bench (us the Public) before they mess with the Game Menu Pullouts Etc......Pure speculation on my part......

Blog Entries

Thank you! Yes, you should start placing the grass seeds down, and watching it grow all over your route

Yeah, that's how TANE was basically, and now we got what TANE was suppose to look like in the beginning lol. I know they might have something in their mind when Trainz 2022 comes out

Peace

NARM's site^

Blog Entries

Here are some WIP shots of TRS19 version of Shortline Railroad

`~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sorry, I have a few more to add

Peace
    Last edited by hiawathamr; March 13th, 2019 at 03:28 PM.

NARM's site^

Question Watch the Grass cover all the Rail? Herbicide anybody? LOL

Hello,

Great looking pictures there, somebody is just having a field day with Grass planting.

Like the tracks a lot too.......It so nice to see the connection points, Frog Points etc, just as you would expect to see.......If that Grass keeps growing anymore, the rails will disappear into the Sunset......

Just curios, would distance in Mileage is your Short Line going to cover?

Dear Blueodessey
    I'm really impressed with your analytical skills for the routes and the work involved.

I have published some textures HD on my site that work well in TRS2019 (some better than others), if you want to look at them if they serve you. Any questions here I will be

https://sites.google.com/site/fantre...turas-textures

greetings

Javier

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueodessey View Post
    Hello,

Great looking pictures there, somebody is just having a field day with Grass planting.

Like the tracks a lot too.......It so nice to see the connection points, Frog Points etc, just as you would expect to see.......If that Grass keeps growing anymore, the rails will disappear into the Sunset......

Just curios, would distance in Mileage is your Short Line going to cover?
    Thank you

lol yeah, well, tracks that aren't heavily used will see some grass they say

As for distance, I want to say maybe 6-10-ish miles. I haven't kept track of that to be honest

Peace

NARM's site^

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fant_autentico View Post
    Dear Blueodessey
    I'm really impressed with your analytical skills for the routes and the work involved.

I have published some textures HD on my site that work well in TRS2019 (some better than others), if you want to look at them if they serve you. Any questions here I will be

https://sites.google.com/site/fantre...turas-textures

greetings

Javier
    Thank you Javier for your kind comments tonight,

I think that everyone has something to bring to the Table "so to speak" and I feel, that I have, even after 4yrs plus of being in this Game, wow doesn't seem like it, have only scratched the surface of what there is to learn here! There is still so much I don't know about Trainz.......I have to be honest with this Forum..........

And the other thing, the main reason I have this Thread was too help others by the use of pictures, in the hope they could take my mistakes, accomplishments and learn from it to enrich their experience in the Trainz world. When I started on IPAD with Trainz Driver 2 Vers of this program, I was great on Computer Skills, but horrible on Graphics in the MAC world, as I had never used a MAC computer before.

So picture this Javier, I have a new IPAD ver 2, a new Trainz Simulator, of which I had played in Steam years before, I think it was MSFT......Long, Long ago, 10 yrs or more....A friend had given me a game for Xmas with Steam.....

So now I am on IPAD with new Trainz and completely overwhelmed by Trainz,,,,,,,,And then I have learn about Storage and Graphics issues to do specifically with IPAD......Believe it or not, I almost quit Trainz for good back in that time....

Even funnier than that, the first route I played with from download station was single track, 2 baseboard mountainous RR......Tiny by today's standards when I play with 100 Mile or larger Routes.....

Then the best thing I did, was to find this forum, and i think the first member who helped me was Infrared Bob, I think I spelled it right? And then after talking to him and others, things slowly started turning around......

Years later, I started this Thread in 2016, and with the help of many here, and the gracious moderator's who watch and look over us to keep things on the straight and level......I have made it OK, and I wouldn't trade this experience for anything...........

Thank you for information on Textures too, I come by over there and check them out.....

Feel free to stop by here anytime and say hello.......Etc.....your always welcome my friend.......

Lightbulb NVidia & Direct X Drivers update in Win10/Mojave Sub

Good Day all,

Recently I had a NVIDIA Driver update, and it asked to update all my Direct X drivers in Windows, (it asked permission,which is what you want Software programs to do, for security reasons) and I noticed it that as it went thru and downloaded all the Different Direct X drivers, some as old as 2004, then it went and updated all of them too.....

Seemed strange, I don't understand why it did it that way, who knows, anyway so today, about 2 weeks later, I remembered I had not gone back and checked my Version of Direct X Drivers, and still being relatively new to Win10, and how different it was from Version 7, I needed to find easily where and how to check Direct X status and version. And as well, checked my Control Panel link, then Windows Programs installed, nothing showed in panel, that I hadn't installed in WIN10, that is good, as you all know, how Browser Hijack and other Malware can and will inject itself into your computer......

Going on Web.....I found this site, which I have used before.....

https://www.technipages.com/how-to-c...rect-x-version

It gave a visual picture, and I easily checked my Win10 Version of Direct X within 5 mins or less.........

System Information and below is the report, I have omitted personal info, but added what it is......And Voila, I have Direct X 12, and no issues shown, now there is lots more info on this report for programmers too see, when you do your own.....Well worth while to see if you want to see how your Status and Version is in Win10.....
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 3/14/2019, 17:58:34
    Machine name: LAPTOP-"Your Name will show here"
    Machine Id: {Your Machine ID will show here too}
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model: Strix 17 GL703GE
    BIOS: GL703GE.310 (type: UEFI)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz (12 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
    Memory: 32768MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 32624MB RAM
    Page File: 6968MB used, 58423MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    Direct X Version: Direct X 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.17134.0001 64bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Display Tab 2: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I feel the above is very important since we all have Video Display concerns when Running Trainz (any version!!!) and want the best bang for our buck, as well as no, or near NO FRAME STUTTER....

OK, so now will head over to pictures for tonight......

================================================== ===========================

From here lets go into Kick starter Pictures and some Mojave Sub Route shots.

Nice Double stack Train ready to depart after head end power was fueled up.

but there's more, we also have some nice Steam Power sitting on the other side too......I might just throw him on the front here for extra effect? Just saying, wouldn't that be a cool picture to see.....

Mojave Sub Route Map........And on another one similiar to this I think I added Feather River to the upper end.

On to Kick-starter here with Steam runs on point to end Point run, which I intend to change by adding more main line on this route......

We have just hit the end of the line here, and have do a RUN AROUND operation to turn our power on Round Turntable in the back.

We cut off from the front here.

Pass to the back here. And try not hit any bystanders watching our cool Steam Train do the run around trick!

We are at the other end now, close to the Turntable.

Now we are back at the turn table end here......Switchman is keeping an eye for us......

Back in and spectators watch the Turntable operation as it switches our power around for return trip to Valley below....Two trains a day come up here to the hills and mountains for Tourists and Day Riders etc.

Overhead view of our Turn around operation and Train Consist in the upper right of this picture.

Have a blessed Friday, and thanks for dropping by........