Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

I like the lights at night too, Blue. Some nice shots there. I wonder if anyone has thought of light pools ahead of the automobiles, but probably hard to move them with the cars.... The red lights on the boxcars, are those assets that are place able and will stay with the train as it moves?

Here is the Objects I use, Keyword is FRED for your Content Manager Filter, Type is Train.....They hook on just like anther Car to the Train......

Download one of these, select it, and add on a Track so you can see how it looks......Then to add to any consist, push it to the end of your train just like adding another car.....You might need to switch direction (think like a Loco) to get Red Light showing in the correct orientation........I like them a lot, since I don't always use Cabooses depending on what kind of Train I run........

However I try to remember running them with Cabooses too, I like have my Cabooses lit up if possible, especially for night runs. I think it adds a nice touch, and it is not permanent, so it looks funny, you just go in and delete it.......Accordingly to your personal taste,,,,,The eye will always tell you if it look right or not........;)

<kuid2:39134:101726:3> FRED BNSF
<kuid2:39134:101735:2> FRED CSX
<kuid2:39134:102193:2> FRED Flag Only
<kuid2:39134:102193:3> FRED Flag Only
<kuid2:39134:102193:1> FRED Flag Only
<kuid:39134:102193> FRED Flag Only
<kuid2:39134:102197:1> FRED SJVRR
<kuid2:39134:101733:2> FRED NS
<kuid2:39134:101734:2> FRED UP

As far as Light Pools, I know there has been discussions, but I think there decision was it was a Physics Problem with Trainz, more learned members could add their take on this, it is above my pay grade......

Here is a link, I got from running keyword "LIGHT POOLS" if you midway down in search result titles, you see some dialogue on what you were asking? Hope this helps you.....

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/search.php?searchid=13781184

Thank you for kind comments and have a great Weekend too.....:wave:

UPDATE:
Thank you for pointing out those assets Blue! I am definitely going to have some fun with them!

Glad I could help out........Have fun Forestr1.........

Last edited:
Missing Asset and Corruption issues/ You Tube Selections Etc

Good Evening all,

The week has been busy for me, as I continue fixing my Routes with Missing, Faulty Assets.....What I have found after making that large curfufal when I reinstalled all my Assets, is some of my Routes are corrupted. When I fix the Asset numbers. So at the point where I at now, I have to continue to fix all the missing assets on the remaining Routes and the see how things are.......

For the corrupted ones I will need to re-download those from DSL and remake my modifications.

============================================================================================

Blues You Tube Picks of the Week:

YouTube Home
9+
ROCK CREEK JUNCTION action with 4 trains featuring 2 huge trains, mid dpus, K5LLA & a SD40-2 trio!

https://youtu.be/gHSojCvexfI

At Rock Creek junction in Independence, MO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blues Notes: I can't even see or find the Ties on this Railroad, and the Soil looks not to firm.

(Class 37 Clag) 37716, 66429, 37402 and 66424 Depart Holgate Sidings York 17.6.20

https://youtu.be/qAoDB8lE0wk

66424 had failed, 37402 had come to do its jobs and take it back to Carlisle, 37716 and 66429 were dispatched from Carlisle to replace the 2, Drivers were Swapped at Holgate. 37716 and 66429 departed to York parcel sidings and 37402 and 66424 Went round the avoider to start their journey Back to Carlisle King Moor Depot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blues Notes: Everyone enjoys a Humpyard,,,,And this one is no exception.....Unreal....

Сортировочная горка x8 (HD, 50 fps)

https://youtu.be/Nkq8KMtsqdU

Работа Южной сортировочной горки станции Батайск, ускоренная в 8 раз.
Больше интересных видео на канале: https://www.youtube.com/user/RecMosco...​
Оригиналы на канале

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blues Notes: Dam shame, and big safety hazard some vehicle, or large Truck knocked out the Safety Signal here and kept on a going!!!! The train saw it as it came around the corner, and put train in Emergency, but couldn't stop safely short of the crossing, it had a heavy load behind, you don't want to see a potential derailment too!!!!!!

C&O Steam Locomotive 1309 Makes Emergency Stop - Brunswick,MD

https://youtu.be/dthq4WqBo0o

CSX train L341 from Locust Point Yard, Baltimore to Cumberland,MD is carrying a special high-wide load, C&O steam engine 1309 on July 23, 2014. The engine had been loaded a week earlier at the B&O museum and is being shipped to the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad for restoration. Minutes before the train arrived at Brunswick,MD a tractor trailer knocked over the grade crossing signal at S. Maple Ave. The 341 hits the signal and makes an emergency stop. Fortunately, no damage to the engine or consist.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blues Notes: You all know how downright freezing cold it has been the last couple of weeks with Polar Vortex dipping down to Lone Star State of Texas, causing all kinds of havic. Our Railroads do their best to keep the Tracks clear, even with Snow and Ice, they do try to keep the Trains running, same as the Big Trucks on our Highways......A big prayer for better days ahead to my/our Texas Friends....Peace

MOUNT ORAB
Ohio Blizzard 2021, Grain Train Push Pull, Mount Orab & Williamsburg Trains! Freezing Cold Action!

https://youtu.be/E8iL7j1FtFE

Grain Train in Ohio 2021 Blizzard, Classic Locomotives pulling and on rear of loaded grain train from the grain elevator spur in Winchester, Ohio. The train passes below me at Mount Orab, Ohio and then crossing the huge trestle into Williamsburg, Ohio. Next we see the train passing Macon and Sardinia before the world famous slide show outro! No 2 outros are the same! Filmed February 11, 2021. Trains use 160.860.

============================================================================================

These Pictures are the pieces of my Alaska Merge Route, 7 Pieces in all......

This Route was not saved quite right, so I had to find several of my backup files and repiece this one back together......Lost about 2 months of Work.......It wasn't Trainz fault,,,I didn't do my CDP's small enough.......I missed some versions of my Route.......

Earlier version of the Route when I started 3 separate merges to get the Tiles spotted where I needed, has to do with 200 feet or more Elevations, so it becomes a need for Tile Spacers to make up the Elevation changes.

Last piece of Alaska Merge.........

Pinterest Program has some amazing Photos of any type of Railroad Picture you could think of, especially if your trying to build a Route from a RR that might be a Falling Flag. They have Route Plans,,,Just saying....Check it out, I think you'll be vary surprised...And if your trying to build particular Asset and you need a picture to go by, this might just have the key Picture you could use to make your dream item....? And this Picture, notice there is no Ballast on the Rails?

One of the things I like about "SHOW MISSING ASSETS" is this picture, the orange squares are Trees in this case since the missing assets are not available, I have 2 choices;

1. To pull the trigger and delete all missing assets, and try to figure what goes where, Or?

2. Don't delete at this time, and Plant new trees using these as place markers and later Delete all the markers when I am done, either way replacing, modifying Etc is going to take some time investment.

Point here, if it is a lot of missing Assets, I would let the Orange Squares stand, do what you think works for your eyes....Just think of it as 2 Options and choose what'll work best for you.

This a lot of Asset Locations being deleted.........

And more

And may I say more yet........

When "DELETE MISSING ASSETS" is working correctly this is what you should see, and as you watch your Route Picture, all those Orange Markers for Missing Assets will peel off the Layout in Real Time, after this is finished, fly over layout, you should see everything is clear.

Remember that some larger Routes that have huge numbers of missing assets, it might take 3-4 times of using "Delete Missing Assets" module to get it cleaned up......I found this out after cleaning up about 30 some Routes so far......The pattern started emerging and after some experimentation it started showing up true.

Now why does Size matter, well in humble thoughts, it is Software that is balanced to certain %'s for each Module for performance reasons....So when the workload gets too heavy like in 100 Assets missing that cover 1000's or more locations on a large Route it becomes to unwieldy for the program.. Or it could be my computer doesn't have enough Ram or Processor speed.

Tomorrow is the start of the new week.....Be safe, stay well, Peace.....

That'll do for today.....Thank's for dropping by.

Hello hiawathamr

and fant_autentico

Thanks for dropping in,,,,,,,,:D

Love the city pictures, especially the night mode.....Looks like it is coming along really nice......Ocean and Lighthouse is a good touch too.......:cool:
And the Merging, yup, it can cause a lot of problems sometimes......I learned to play with them,,,,There are times of course that some Routes do to size, complexity will not merge correctly....So there's that contention.......:wave:

Thank you Blue - glad you like the city pictures:)
It took me about a week to finish that city, but now its completely finished and does feel like a city on one side, and a sea on the other side lol. Lots of switching can be performed in that city with the industries and the container port.
I've now moved onto a new line that's way inland from the sea, and almost finished with it. I guess in about mid-March it should be done.

-------------------------------------

Lots of mini projects I see going on, and thanks for shairng your pictures, as its good to take time out and see something new;)
Your mega route project, that's going to be epic when its completed, can't wait to see the screenshots you'll have from the project.
Have fun

Cheers

Hello Blue, I leave you some pictures of a small town in Spain, "Setenil de las Bodegas" (Setenil from the wineries) in the province of Cadiz.
In case you want to do it on a route, heh, heh. :p:hehe:

A big hug and take care of yourself.

Javier

setenil-1.jpg

setenil-1.jpg

setenil-2.jpg

3-setenil.jpg

Hello Blue, I leave you some pictures of a small town in Spain, "Setenil de las Bodegas" (Setenil from the wineries) in the province of Cadiz.
In case you want to do it on a route, heh, heh. :p:hehe:

A big hug and take care of yourself.

Javier

setenil-1.jpg

Good Morning my friend,

Although it wasn't my calling, I think maybe one of the things I should have taken in School was a class in Geology, when our family goes to Colorado and other parts of the US on long highways, we see some amazing Rock out looks.

But this win you bring to show here, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, I have never seen anything like this, that I could remember......

We have not been to Spain yet, we did go to the UK, some Countries we could not go due to Violent Storm activity and potential Danger to our Cruise Ship. So this has to be one of our Bucket Items, plus coming to see you too, if God allows the possibility after Covid.....

I am honored and grateful that bring such remarkable and Stunning Pictures here.........

I could just dream today of sitting down with good friends here, a Cup of Good Coffee, or Glass of Wine and some of the local food.....That would be the day........

Me and Mr's Blue got our 1st of two Covid Vaccines this week, our arms are hurting, a little headache for me. But happy we could finally get our first shots. Another 30 days and will get Second Injection.........

Left you a message on your Spanish Site, really like the latest Asset Creation you made,,,,good looking Detail and originality too........Again thank you for sharing some astonishing pictures here......

Have a wonderful weekend ahead.....

==========================================================================================
hiawatha.gif
@ hiawathamr

Lots of mini projects I see going on, and thanks for sharing your pictures, as its good to take time out and see something new;)
Your mega route project, that's going to be epic when its completed, can't wait to see the screenshots you'll have from the project.
Have fun

Cheers

Thank you Sir........

I just about got all my errors cleared up in Platinum Edition.......Its taken me many nights and about a Month so far to sort things out, I have learned more about DBR repairs etc, and plan to post my findings and thoughts of what I think is happening, hopefully it will be helpful to others here......

Have read many a story on lost Routes and Corrupted ones, I know my friend Sir Dan Gavel had a heart break with his Uintah Route this last month....And has some major revisions to do it........:'(

For me, I have a few Routes that are missing, and hopefully when I get another Desktop (older one) dedicated to just Trainz only nothing else, I can take my backup files from Standard Trainz too see if I can resurrect some of my older Routes I had merged or changed that I don't have now....Will see what happens in the Future.....:sleep:

Enjoy your weekend ahead, and I excited to see your new Route(s) coming out........Always sounds interesting.......

Stay safe and healthy my friend......:wave:

My friend, I am really happy to know that you have already received the first dose of the covid vaccine and that you are doing well.

Spain cannot be compared with the US because your country is almost a continent but here we have some geological curiosities, some of them used by humans since ancient times. Later I will be putting some images related to the cinema or trains.
On the last wagons that I have published, the textures I took from photos of my archive.

Well, keep taking care of yourself and get a hug from my side of the pond.
brindis-cerveza2.gif

Javier

My friend, I am really happy to know that you have already received the first dose of the covid vaccine and that you are doing well.

Spain cannot be compared with the US because your country is almost a continent but here we have some geological curiosities, some of them used by humans since ancient times. Later I will be putting some images related to the cinema or trains.
On the last wagons that I have published, the textures I took from photos of my archive.

Well, keep taking care of yourself and get a hug from my side of the pond.
brindis-cerveza2.gif

Javier

Thank you my Friend,

I look forward to the Pictures.....Be well too......

A big ?Hug from the far side of the Pond.....

Your Friend and Peace be with you.....:wave:

My wife and I managed to get our first shot as well this last Saturday. No reactions I hope? The only reactions we had was feeling like the guy drove a nail into our shoulders. The way he jammed the needles clear into the hilt I thought he was going for the joint! Small price to pay to have a sore arm for a day, but be protected from the worst!

My wife and I managed to get our first shot as well this last Saturday. No reactions I hope? The only reactions we had was feeling like the guy drove a nail into our shoulders. The way he jammed the needles clear into the hilt I thought he was going for the joint! Small price to pay to have a sore arm for a day, but be protected from the worst!

Within 2 mins, my Heart Rate went up as if I had Novocaine shot for deadening of Teeth Roots and Gum area........I thought for a second I was going to pass out.! :(

Fortunately one min later, my heart rate calmed down......Mr's Blue did not have any reaction like that......Both our arms on 1st n 2nd day it kept us awake from throbbing and soreness, on the 3rd day our Arms calmed down and all is OK.....I forgot, I had a headache from it the 1st day, took an Aspirin and 3 hrs later the headache subsided. :)

I hoping when we go for our second shot 25 days, my heart will be more stable.....I have this issue with the Dentist, for about 10yrs or more, but not always every time......It has to do with one of Drugs mixed in with Novocain....I have learned to deal with it.

Agree with you, small price to pay for not facing something much worse with Covid Illness.

Keep well my friend and your family.......:wave:

CNR Rts / You Tube picks / Asset issues

Good Monday to all,

Another week has passed, hard to believe it's March already, our weather has warmed up a bit, actually really perfect for last two weeks of Winter....And we might have a bit of rain on Tues/Weds, will see, and we need it too, it's getting dry again, almost all our Snow has melted.......

Have been working each night diligently to remove all of the Faulty Missing assets in my numerous Routes. Now here is the States to give some insight to this issue....

================================================================================

Blues You Tube Picks of the week......

Blues Notes: Have a cup of Coffee for this Slow MO Action.....LOL

Chasing a CP Plow Extra on the M&P Sub

https://youtu.be/iHHg5iP9hns

This video was in my feed so I decided to watch. I looked at the name of the channel and read the NY Trainzchaser and figured the channel was about New York trains -- but to my surprise the trains are in Portage, WI! It's nice to see some train action in my home state! Are you based in WI?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HAve a heart for this Snow/Ice Clearing

9+
Plowing, Derailing, Rerailing, Rinse, Repeat. #millbrookrailroad

https://youtu.be/N-Epyfc17C8

Today, we plow snow during that fickle changeover period from snow to rain. We have a delivery of wood pellets coming in a few days and we need to keep the railroad open.

In this day and age, do trains still run down the middle of the Street, yup they do.......And I like it a lot, there aren't many left.....If you told someone you saw this, they would probably give you a stare and ask, have you been drinking today?

"Rumbling Along"

https://youtu.be/KsGWcalJ5ow

We observe a New York, Susquehanna & Western freight traveling south on Utica NY's Schuyler Street (trailed by a hi-rail) and, within a few minutes of leaving the street track, alongside NYS Routes 5/8/12 on the morning of February 26, 2021.

In closing, you've heard size matters? Well the White Utility Truck knows all to well, he is no match to push this loaded freight out of his way......I couldn't tell, but this truck might have been a MOW watching the rear for the Train?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ole friend, JAWTOOTH, this fella, finds more interesting RR oddities......Great videos for us to enjoy.....And he has a big, big Heart.........TOO......

Weirdest Railroad Crossing Ever! Exempt Crossing At Major Intersection, Traffic Signal Controlled!

Very unusual level railway crossing. This is the only crossing in Ohio like this. The crossing is exempt. Signals for the train are at both sides of the crossing. Traffic signals for automobiles turn red after the train approaches and stops next to the lineside signal. The train has to wait for a green light before proceeding into the huge railroad crossing. Cars first see a train signal in front of the traffic signals. This is an industrial railroad spur that dead ends less than two miles from the crossing so every train that passes here has to reverse through the crossing on its way back. I will show that video soon ( of the train backing up through the crossing on the return trip ). There are 4 customers that use this line south of the crossing. Trains only use the crossing one or two days a week. I caught the first train of the week on this branch and that happened to be on a Thursday and Friday. The train came within a quarter of a mile of the crossing on Thursday, 2-18-21 and shut down for the day. The next day, on Friday, 2-19-21, I was able to film the train going both ways through the crossing. This video shows the southbound move and the northbound move will be posted soon. The train came out of Middletown, Ohio and picked up 2 cars and set off 1 car on the north side of Mason before this video starts. The 2 cars that it picked up were left on a siding just north of this crossing. The train starts across the crossing and that is where this video begins. We also see the train crossing another crossing in this video that is only cross buck protected. Near the end of the video we see the train reversing into the customer spur near the end of the line. There is only enough room for one locomotive and 2 cars at the end of the line for them to reverse into the customer spur. In other words, as you can see in the video with the map, after the spur switch there is only about 200 feet of track before the line ends. That's as good as I can explain it. See Google Maps. Today the train used 161.385 but the last time I was here they were using 161.430. Filmed February 19, 2021.

and finally:

Exempt Railroad Crossing With Caboose On Train! Mason, Ohio, Tylersville Intersection! https://studio.youtube.com/video/BryA...​

Red Caboose On Freight Train & Weird Railroad Crossing, Rest Of Story! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BryAB...
================================================================================
At beginning of installation and restoration of old backups:

715 Missing Faulty items mid January

180 " " 3rd week of February

17 " " 1st of March

Now I have much more to discuss for a separate post, more of it is for the New Folks here in the hope it will help them to understand some of the issues we face with Trainz.

Routes: I downloaded sever CNR Routes and a brand new Route too. La Fond Regional Railway.....I will post pics for LaFond next post.....

My FLaam Route that I had worked on last year. Other than some Rolling Stock missing, not a big deal. Everything else is intact.

This is a Fire Depart outlook on hill top that took a part of the day to erect.......

Large CNR merged by another Author WIP lots to finish......

Aurora Canada 23 Tiles

1930s Cornish Mainline - Truro to Penzance 01

Since I had several older Cornish Routes, non TRS-2019 built, I took a command decision, and got rid of most of them. Keeping 2 Older ones out of the 7-8 I had. As well, I plan on doing this with several other older Routes Pre 2019 vintage, and replace them when/if newer Versions of the Route appear......

UMR 2021 is another of the Routes, I think I started with 2017 as example. I held one of the 3 and kept 2019 and 2021 Model.....It's a great Route and I highly recommend users that have mid to high end CPU with 4meg or more VRam GPU, this one is great.......!

Canadian Rocky Mts-Columbia Main Rail Yard

CNR Abandon Valley Branch V5.0 -70 Tiles

CNR Halifax & SouthWastern Railroad

This is one of the things, I had to sort out, these Assets have 2 added on left side, and 1 added on Right, the author never made these type of Assets, an that is why there listed this way......Unfortunately for me, this was thru about 5-10 Routes, this was most likely caused by my mistake of trying to running too many downloads at same time, and Submit too....Caused a Corruption...User error.......

Newbie stuff.

One of things I have learned to do, is use "Dashboard" part of Trainz to download Routes and or Dependencies. It works well, but I do notice that it seems like Dependencies is slower than Route downloads, probably because Route is one big file, versus a lot of smaller files......?

The relevant thing, I'mk trying to say, TRS2019 enterface allows a lot of freedom to do things, once you poke around and try seeing what Assets you have, or typing in Key Words, such as CNR for me, to bring all my Canadian Routes that fall under CNR....Search function works very well, just like when your in a Route, and use Find Object function, with distinct sub level sort functions.......

Bottom line, the more you tinker around, you find the Gems pertinent to your needs........And learning some of your Shortcut keys, say, like F9 Wire Mode, when texturing or looking for hidden things below the Grid lines can save you an inordinate amount of time and frustration......

That'll due for today,,,,,,Enjoy your week.....Peace and Health to all.

Comments on Platinum / LaFond Rte / You Tube Picks / Misc

Good Saturday to all,

Time flies when your on a Trainz mission to clean up a mess I made........Now here is the good news.

I have eradicated every one of my Faulty and/or missing Assets by either fixing or deleting said items....

All Routes are error free.

DBR running at 260-290 Seconds occasionally, I run 2700 Seconds for DBR operations, but this only occurs when I get a batch of Faulty or Missing Assets on Downloads and it shows up on Content Manager, cost of doing Business. However that is, the most approximate action is to cleanup as I go, rather than wait till later.....

And one Payware Route went wonky on me, so I had to delete and Reinstall it........

Purchased this new Route too......
<kuid2:605579:100029:10> Lafond Regional Railway************************

Lafond regional railway is a rail line that runs 32.7 kilometers (20.3 mile) of track in the semi- prairie area in Canada. (See Pictures below)

All Local Obsolete Files have been deleted and I find this one thing, really speeds up the DBR time.......

Blue is happy now, Lets see what is next?

Well I need to cross verify my Excel Route list and add the newer TRS2019 Routes etc...........

Go thru all my Content Manager and do a fresh CDP of all my Assets (might take a while) Only 540,000 of them.....But 350,000 are Base TRS2019, so that leaves me net 190,000's worth of Assets. Out to keep me busy and out of trouble for a while.......

Another meticulous item that needs to done, replace all the old Trees with newer ones that are 3.5 or higher.

New Routes for the week:

<kuid:633834:190001> Orchard Module Excellent one tile Template for Orchards.

<kuid:455032:101768> Eagle County V6

Somewhere in North America, Eagle County expands the previous Kickstarter County 2.

Inspired by Highland Valley and then ruined by update. I am bringing you, the community of TRS19, a better looking Kickstarter 2.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had about 6 different Mojave Rte, I purged 2 of them, and hope tto purge 2 more, after I fix some track issues. One has better Scenery, the other has better compliment of Track layout, so I plan on modifying the some of the Track work on the one with better Scenery.

As per my Alaska Route I think I will put it on hold so I can further consolidate my Routes. At this stage of the game, I have accumulated quite a few......Now its almost Spring, and time to clean the Clutter in my Game.....LOL
Blues You Tube Picks of the week.

Boxcar Train Plowing Into Huhtamaki Batavia! Cincinnati Eastern Railroad, Short Line Railroad CCET

https://youtu.be/IsQKSsvcNmo

Railroad switching on short line railroad Cincinnati Eastern Railroad. CCET had just switched the yard in Afton and they were backing a BOXCAR TRAIN across a couple of crossings into Huhtamaki to switch the plant. A General Electric B36-7 and an EMD MP15DC were both shoving the train. I filmed both sides of the train. After working the Huhtamaki complex in Batavia, Ohio, the train returned to Clare Yard in Mariemont, Ohio at the Norfolk Southern Railroad interchange. The beginning of the video shows the tracks in Mount Orab, Ohio which is the closest town to me. The rails are very rusty since a train has not been this far on the line in 2 weeks. Today's train did not come to Mount Orab either. Currently there are only 2 customers past Mt Orab not including car storage. Filmed March 3, 2021.

AMTRAK TRAIN GOES DOWN THE WRONG TRACK! Porter, IN Snowstorm Rail fanning

https://youtu.be/GumQVrR8v6c

Amtrak 364, Blue Water is meant to take the Amtrak line at CP 482. This wasn't the case today when 364 blows through the unset crossovers. This could have been an error from the dispatcher or the switch might be frozen. We'll probably never know, but this was very interesting to see in person when we heard the train go straight rather than curving.
Independent Drift Plough - part 2

https://youtu.be/7EQHFoeTjWo

WCRC 47760 + 37516 with Network Rail Independent Drift Plough's ADB965224 + ADB965230 (Based at Carlisle) are seen Ploughing large snow drifts one of the sidings for entry/exit of Dowlow Quarry from Brigg's Ground Frame.

Giant High and Wide w Caboose, CP and CSX Trains w DPU Alright!, 200 + Car Freight Train!

https://youtu.be/VyRQSIAwT44

Giant High and Wide w Caboose, CP and CSX Trains w DPU Alright!, 200 + Car Freight Train!
0:00​ Intro.
1:16​ You are along West Third Street at the west end of the elevated tracks as a CSX train with a high and wide load approaching. This train was a duplicate of a similar train that we saw last week with the same type of high and wide load. We saw this 20 axle depressed center flat car and caboose on a train the end of a train heading east last week to pick up this load.
4:16​ I think you are at the Berry Road CSX crossing in Pomfret, New York as a westbound CSX double stack train approaches and passes you. This train had a mid-train DPU. This was a very long train.
9:14​ You are still at the Berry Road crossing as CSX train #Q165​ approaches and passes. CSX train #Q165​ is the westbound Canadian Pacific run through double stack train that originates in Montreal, Quebec, Canada and terminates at the Schiller Park Yard in Schiller Park, Illinois. This version of CSX train #Q165​ was unusual because it had and end train DPU. This train normally has two Canadian Pacific engines on the front of the train. I am guessing that you are at the Berry Road crossing for these last two trains because as you zoomed in on this train after it passed you I saw two more road crossings before the train would pass under the I-90 (New York Thruway) bridge. From Google Maps, I can see that Berry Road is the third road crossing east of the I-90 bridge over the CSX and Norfolk Southern tracks.
11:38​ You are riding along West Third Street as CSX train #Q157​ approaches and passes you as you stop near Robin Street. CSX train #Q157​ is a daily train from Greenwich Yard in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Northwest Ohio ICTF - North Baltimore, Ohio. This train works Woodbourne, Pennsylvania; South Kearny, New Jersey; De Witt Yard in Syracuse, New York and Seneca Yard in Buffalo, New York.
19:08​ You are in the same place as the above train when CSX train #Q561​ passes. This is a mixed freight that gave you a horn salute as it passed you. This CSX train originates at Selkirk, New York. It works De Witt Yard in Syracuse, New York; Frontier Yard in Buffalo, New York; Collingwood Yard in Cleveland, OH and Willard, Ohio.
I am presuming that you took all these videos on 28 February 2021 since you mentioned at the end of this last train that you had spent seven plus hours filming train videos on that day.
5 Trains in all in this action packed train video filmed in and around Dun Kirk NY the week of 2/28/21

More Big Cargo On Trains, click here to see: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...

Map of LaFond

Complete description of Route

Warehouse Operations

Grain Silo Operations

Coal Stipple and Wood Products

Refinery Plant

Manufacturing

Pulp and Wood Facilities

Scrap Facility's

Fuel Depot and Storage Facilities

That'll due for today....Thanks for dropping by.....Peace and good health to all.....

Comments on Platinum / LaFond Rte / You Tube Picks / Misc Pt II

Good Saturday Morning to all,

Well this week we got a nice bit of much needed Rain not once but 3 days. And the Snow left behind is looking awesome too......A little downside, there was some Mud Slides, but considering how much Forest Fire Burn areas we've had. I think it went very well......

Didn't have much time to play with Trainz this week, it's that special time of the year, we call Tax Time, so have been hard at work to finish them up.....Always fun to do, and then I can get onto my next project.....

Platinum is running real well now, that I got all the Missing, Faulty Assets cleared out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blues You Tube picks of the week.

This has to be one of those videos, you can't believe your eyes are seeing this.....Crazy, only one thing, it was real, and not staged!

Metra Releases Video From Mokena Grade Crossing Incident

https://youtu.be/Y3CW2U4oCC8

Metra released video on Jan. 16, which shows gates that malfunctioned at the 191st Street intersection in Mokena on the morning of Nov. 9, 2018.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two trains run into each other - when there is nothing else to do you find a Train meet

https://youtu.be/JRi1uIcI7w0

Two trains come together at W. Waterford Ave in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. UP 5605 leads a freight south as the Amtrak Hiawatha heads north towards downtown Milwaukee.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blues Notes: The train God was watching over these Folks......It doesn't get any closer than this.......Listen to what is said........

When the Levee Breaks: Parade of Trains on Norfolk Southern

https://youtu.be/NlUf-lmoWHo

On June 6th, 2019, intermodal train 25z derailed at Swanton, Ohio, taking out both mainlines. In the days that followed, a parade of trains would ensue on an already busy Chicago Line.

Subscribers: help support us by crowdfunding through Patreon or PayPal. With your support, we can continue to produce high-quality railroad media for you to enjoy. Even just $1 per month is a huge help.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blues Notes:Some folks just absolutely have no common sense at times.........Feel bad for the Poor Conductor and Engineer........

"Winter Street Railroading" NYS&W Utica NY

https://youtu.be/4SjkSuoQ_7Q

New York, Susquehanna & Western's Utica-Binghamton NY mainline includes 3/5 mile street running on Utica's Schuyler Street. This video contains highlights of other videos appearing here on Railroading Rambler showing action on Schuyler Street during the winters of 2018-21.

All switching is at FX Matt Brewery, makers of Utica Club and Saranac Ale.

A Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern engine appears in a few sequences as the Susquehanna borrowed an engine from this neighboring road in December 2020 because the lone engine on the Utica branch, No. 3040, experienced a mechanical breakdown while returning to Utica from Sanger-field, 23 miles south of the Utica yard.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blues Notes:For my UK friends, I think you'll like this one........

Class 69 DEBUT behind the scenes on the Severn Valley Railway

Want something exciting?

Get up close and personal with the new Class 69 and find out how we're working with GBRf and Electro-Motive Diesel Limited to test their latest diesel engine development on the Severn Valley Railway.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
56090 & 66013 Stourbridge Town & Junction, 11/03/21. The 56 is very s-l-o-w, sorry about that.

https://youtu.be/WxEY6xDDMuM

Had to make the effort for this one, original plan was to see it pass through Cradley but there was a problem down the branch, so had to go & find the train!! No movement in first 90 seconds, but I do film it later, moving slowly, up at the Junction station. Forgot to say, the track has been relaid on the branch line.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blues Notes:Better grab some Spirits (Alcohol) to drink.....Other wise, well, this one might be a bit scary.

15 Most Dangerous Railway Bridges in the World.

https://youtu.be/-G_7QNk3yzc

Traveling by train is a stunning way to see the countryside. You get to sit back and enjoy the view while making your way from A to B. But not every railway bridge is created equally, which means a leisurely journey can also be terrifying. From a bridge built by prisoners to one at high altitude, here are 15 of the most dangerous railway bridges in the world.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I first took a Route to learn about Trainz, with Trainz 2 on IPad, this was one I found small enough to load on my IPAD. I fooled around with this for about 3 weeks I think, trying to understand how to lay track, do texture, did Tunnels, all that stuff on your first day of owning Trainz 2 for IPad .....

I doubled the original Tracks, added lots of bridges to the areas where I ran new line.....It was only 2 tiles wide and lots of fun to modify a small route, when one doesn't know what they are doing........

More Pictures of the new LaFond Route I bought last week......

Lots and lots of Detail here, plenty to do.......

Think I will add some Rail Spurs in here to help the Trucking Company out with Trans load Business, good for Rail, good for Trucking.......Win Win situation.

Take a look at the size of this yard, really laid out well, lots of room for Rolling Stock.......

Wood, Coal and other manufacturing to play with here.......

Fairly good size housing community here too.

Thought this was a Runaround loop in Track, then I took a closer look, and found it was Trucking Road for wood and Silo operations........

Alright then, it's past midnight, got lots to do this weekend....So it's off to bed, and early to rise tomorrow. No Rain for the weekend until Monday, lets see what I can accomplish.....Lots of Weeds seen today popping up from all the Rain.....

Thanks for dropping be.....Peace and better health to all, during this difficult time......

Hey Blue.

I see you are having fun with the new route. Hope you have lots of fun on it;)
Love the videos you been sharing over the past weeks, and some of quite interesting.
I can probably say the same thing with your screenshots and descriptions:hehe:.
Take care.

Cheers

Hey Blue.

I see you are having fun with the new route. Hope you have lots of fun on it;)
Love the videos you been sharing over the past weeks, and some of quite interesting.
I can probably say the same thing with your screenshots and descriptions:hehe:.
Take care.

Cheers

Thank you for dropping by,

I just popped over to your Lone Pine Thread....I'm so excited like a Kid at the Candy Store....Climbing the walls.....:mop:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?162780-Lone-Pine-Branch-Released-AND-Support

:clap:Absolutely like your LaFond Route, it holds, lots, and lots of Promise to keep me busy.......Well Done Sir............:clap:

Times a flying, shoot, it is almost 10:00 AM.....

Got to get ready for my CPA Tax Appointment.....So I can relax later today, enjoy some much needed Trainzing time.......:hehe:

Your welcome; lol hopefully you got some good candy from the candy store:hehe:;)
Thank you for your kind words, really appreciate hearing them:)

Hope you enjoy desert scenery out in the Mojave, as there is nothing for miles and miles.

Cheers

NS Sandusky District/ NS Yard Module (BETA)/ LaFond Rte Session intro /You Tube Picks

Good Evening all,

This week is just flying by for me, its just about spring, and there is lots of attention needed in the Garden. And some good all Spring Cleaning to boot. And then some Trainz play, that's important too.....

Last night I downloaded TRS19 - NS Sandusky District - Stage 2 - Route, TRS19 - NS Yard Module (BETA) and Cattaraugus Creek & Lake Erie.

Moderate size Routes the one thing I will need to do, since my video card isn't strong enough, thin out 30% of Trees, and 1/3 of the large Rail Yards, doesn't take to long. I just take out some of rails in between and maybe 1-2 outside tracks. You still have the effect of good size Rail Yard but now density is reduced.

One of the reasons I have to do this on these Routes, the Track is not fully rendering past 100 feet or so. In front it looks normal for 100 feet, then the rest of the way out, it is, I guess the next setting for LOD, which shouldn't be at this distance. And if there is way too many tracks, then they disappear and all you see is Road bed texture and no track....

I have a feeling, well, I have seen it documented from other members, that too much Turf adds to this effect to, do the Graphics power needed for proper rendering.......

===============================================================================

Blues You Tube Picks of the week:You won't believe some of things people do around trains....?

Top 10 Dangerous Trains Crashing & Cargo Helicopter Fails Compilation ! 2021

https://youtu.be/SoIme0EGeNg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
For my UK Friends.....

Interesting abandoned narrow gauge railway and rolling stock in a remote wood Flintshire Wales UK

https://youtu.be/6MI9IwZ9vRI

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue's Notes: Considering the Storm damage, hummmm, don't know if I would be running 3 Axle Units (weight) with all the undercutting of slope,,,,,,,Guess they were lucky,,,,,The earth didn't look all that stable........
Maryland Midland’s Dump Car in Use! [4K]

After a washout in Medford, MD they ran this car several times to fill in the hole...here’s my catch of it! The dumping at 4:45​.
Blues Notes: This one is a bit unique, you watch and decide?

RUNAWAY Locomotive ENGINE! - GE Dash 7💥⚠️

https://youtu.be/d2Ul0sXSMc8
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Notes: for my Narrow Gauge minded friends. I give 10 Bonus Points for this one......So impressive when you watch all that is going on, and the back story......One thing comes to mind.....Where there is a will there certainly must be a way.....And to top that, "PRIDE IN WORKMANSHIP" always do your best.......

Preserved Railway Narrow Gauge Freight

https://youtu.be/w7T5CSdMARc

A collection of slots of demonstration goods trains on narrow gauge preserved lines around the United Kingdom.

We take a look at a variety of narrow gauge locomotives on a mixture of freight stock around Wales and England. Featuring 'Ryam Sugar Company' Davenport 0-4-0 1586 from Statfold Barn Railway visiting the Welsh Highland Railway, where we also see a number of Beyer Garrett NGG16s and the Pioneer Garrett K1 and Hunslet Trangkil No. 4. Visiting the Ffestiniog we see Kerr Stuart 'Diana' (1158), Chuquitanta, Samson (from Beamish) and Margaret, while home based Hunslet's Hugh Napier, Linda and Blanche are also seen in slate train action. Superb, Joan & Countess are seen on the Welsh pool & Llanfair Light Railway, while Alice, Holy War and Diana are seen on a variety of freight works. Quarry Hunslet's Cloister & Jack Lane are seen at Statfold Barn Railway, alongside Threlkeld Quarry where we also see Irish Mail and Stanhope, amongst other locomotives. Other locations featured include the Isle of Man Steam Railway, West Lancashire Light Railway, Apedale Valley Light Railway and Amerton Railway's.

There is a distinct lack of Ffestiniog Vintage Goods Trains in this volume, next week starts our Narrow Gauge on Saturdays month and the first program will look at Ffestiniog Vintage Goods and Gravity Trains.

www.preservedrailway.co.uk
(C) Lee Andrew Davies 2020

Blues Notes: (This fella should get the Innovation Award of the week. Hence you probably have heard this in the past "NECESSITY IS THE MOTHER OF INVENTION" I watched several of these, and thought, no, he is not, really, OMG he is going to do it this way....Can this possibly work at all?)

U be the judge here...Enjoy.....And no disrespect here from me, I was just amazed at entrepreneurial skill sets & clear mindset of someone who knew what they needed and made it happen under the circumstances.....

Anyone Can Make Their Own Railway - Low-Cost Track Design For Narrow Gauge Railways

https://youtu.be/NfSK_sKBhTg

A narrow-gauge railway across our field? Sure, why not?! This is the cheap and easy way to build a real, working railway that anyone could do. Cheap materials and simple tools can still make functional, useful infrastructure. Not a toy railway, not a model railway - a real working railway for moving heavy loads around.

(No animals were mistreated or hurt in the making of this Video)
===============================================================================

Cattaraugus Creek & Lake Erie Route Map. Check it out,,,,, This is the most recent one, I don't remember how many versions of older ones...

TRS19 - NS Sandusky District - Stage 2 - Route (includes the NS Yard Module (Beta) Tracks schemes and Railyards are very well articulated in these Modules and Routes.....

NS Yard Module (BETA)

Over at La Fond Route, I started with Oil Run Session. Takes a bit of time, patience and proper handling.....

We await inbound Consist arrival, before we have clearance to pull out of yard with Rake of 17 Cars.

(Note the Speed Script name under CN ?)

GT's backing in with consist, and we have visual clearance and Switch line up.

It's important to watch speed limits, and rough handling when you slow down, and/or head around curves, warnings will show if your moving to fast or not dropping speed to fast......Points lost is not adhered too.

Clear of the yard and out in the Farmland area.....Looks like about 5-6 miles out to our destination. We have to make sure to set our switches, I using Key Stroke commands for Switch changes.....So far so good.

You know how on some Routes the Cars drive thru, well on this one they do not...I like it when things are functional, and they just work as in intended....

Just a distance shot here, and there is heavy chance of Rain, Thunder and lightening as we approach our destination. Just look at the Sky and this is in the middle of the day....Egads, it will rain for sure....

Well that is 10 Photos, so this will do for now.....

Love the La Fond Regional RR........

See you all later then.......

Hi Blue! Just a couple of quick updates. Wife and I got our second shots a week ago and the gal that did those was much nicer, hardly felt them. I was interest in your Flaam railway, as I just saw a great documentary on the Norwegian railways. I see the DLS versions are quite old, and it would be great if the authors updated them! Lastly, I am amazed at how much Trainz work you are accomplishing. And excellent work too! Hope you nad your wife got your second shots OK. I am saddened to hear the problems Europe is having getting the vaccines, I hope we can start exporting, but I know the priority is us first, I guess.

Here is a portion of one of the DBR LOG histories

Hi Blue! Just a couple of quick updates. Wife and I got our second shots a week ago and the gal that did those was much nicer, hardly felt them. I was interest in your Flaam railway, as I just saw a great documentary on the Norwegian railways. I see the DLS versions are quite old, and it would be great if the authors updated them! Lastly, I am amazed at how much Trainz work you are accomplishing. And excellent work too! Hope you nad your wife got your second shots OK. I am saddened to hear the problems Europe is having getting the vaccines, I hope we can start exporting, but I know the priority is us first, I guess.

Hello Forester, Thank you for the kind comments,:D

I'm trying to learn a little more about Trainz as time goes on, and be a better User in the way I Maintain my Trainz Program......Just takes a lot of time and trying different things to see where I can make improvements. As well, get a couple of Backups, both Cloud, External Hard Drives and clean out old Assets...........The Log that comes with DBR is great too, it shows a lot of things about what happens when DBR Run is made........

================================================================================================

Here is a portion of one of the DBR LOG histories, you need to have that little window with the Arrow, "show more" to keep the log from auto closing when DBR finishes, else it closes and the Log is gone, the user doesn't see it...........Not sure if everyone knows about that? And with TRS2019 more of Faulty messages on your Assets our suppressed now......And when you run your DBR you need to do a copy of Log, and Paste to Notepad....Which is what I do,, I have about 15-20 f them saved.....So I can view later and see what Assets can be repaired thru PEV's Tools or manually, sometimes it just a couple of containers that are Obsolete and need erasing in Config.Txt files.......Just takes time.....Other things not so easy, or unfix-able, as I dot repair Mesh's, it's above my pay grade, and sometimes i have seen other members comment when alter the Mesh to fix, it breaks out with more errors, and simply not always worth the effort........

; <NULL> : Clearing cached data for assets, scripts and downloads
; <NULL> : Scanning for duplicate asset files
; <NULL> : Scanning for deleted asset files
; <NULL> : Scanning for added asset files
; <kuid:-3:10011> : Validating <kuid:-3:10011>
! <kuid:-3:10011> : VE48: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 3.5 are no longer supported.
! <kuid:-3:10011> : VE61: Required tag 'allows-mixing' was missing and has been set to default.
- <kuid:-3:10011> : VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'icon_texture.texture'.
; <kuid:-3:10011> : AssetIndexRec::ValidateAssetNow> asset now marked faulty: Warning: VE48: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 3.5 are no longer supported.
Warning: VE61: Required tag 'allows-mixing' was missing and has been set to default.
Error: VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'icon_texture.texture'.
1 Errors, 2 warnings
; <kuid:-3:10004> : Validating <kuid:-3:10004>
! <kuid:-3:10004> : VE48: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 3.5 are no longer supported.
! <kuid:-3:10004> : VE61: Required tag 'allows-mixing' was missing and has been set to default.
- <kuid:-3:10004> : VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'icon_texture.texture'.
; <kuid:-3:10004> : AssetIndexRec::ValidateAssetNow> asset now marked faulty: Warning: VE48: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 3.5 are no longer supported.
Warning: VE61: Required tag 'allows-mixing' was missing and has been set to default.
Error: VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'icon_texture.texture'.
1 Errors, 2 warnings
; <kuid:-3:10012> : Validating <kuid:-3:10012>
! <kuid:-3:10012> : VE48: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 3.5 are no longer supported.
! <kuid:-3:10012> : VE61: Required tag 'allows-mixing' was missing and has been set to default.
- <kuid:-3:10012> : VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'icon_texture.texture'.
; <kuid:-3:10012> : AssetIndexRec::ValidateAssetNow> asset now marked faulty: Warning: VE48: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 3.5 are no longer supported.
1 Errors, 2 warnings
; <kuid:-3:10002> : Validating <kuid:-3:10002>
! <kuid:-3:10002> : VE48: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 3.5 are no longer supported.
! <kuid:-3:10002> : VE61: Required tag 'allows-mixing' was missing and has been set to default.
- <kuid:-3:10002> : VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'icon_texture.texture'.
- <kuid:-3:10002> : VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'woodchips.texture'.
; <kuid:-3:10002> : AssetIndexRec::ValidateAssetNow> asset now marked faulty: Warning: VE48: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 3.5 are no longer supported.
Error: VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'woodchips.texture'.
2 Errors, 2 warnings
- <NULL> : Failed to download precached data for package '703p' at version '109347' for platform 'standard-3'
- <NULL> : Failed to download precached data for package '704' at version '20200910114317_704_1' for platform 'standard-3'
; <kuid:-25:988> : Validating <kuid:-25:988>
- <kuid:-25:988> : VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'icon_texture.texture'.
- <kuid:-25:988> : VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'lumber_stacks_diffuse.texture'.
- <kuid:-25:988> : VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'lumber_stacks_normal-lumber_stacks_normal.texture'.
; <kuid:-25:988> : AssetIndexRec::ValidateAssetNow> asset now marked faulty: Error: VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'icon_texture.texture'.
Error: VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'lumber_stacks_diffuse.texture'.
Error: VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'lumber_stacks_normal-lumber_stacks_normal.texture'.
3 Errors, 0 warnings

=========================================================================================================================================

Spring is here and lots to do, where do I start........

So happy you got your second shots, that has to be good relief. Mr's Blue and me are scheduled for this Friday and that will be a wonderful for us too.....It is sad about Europe and other countries in the world who are having very difficult time trying to get Vaccines......I say a prayer for this World each day,,hoping that eventually things will improve with this Horrid Pandemic...As well, I hope it is a wake up call for Proactive Planning rather than Reactive,,,,,It really shows how vulnerable our World is when these things come about. Especially when you go into the Archives of History and see this is not our first Pandemic at all!!!!!!:(

We haven't been camping for more than year I think. Really like go out and do some fun things with Mother Nature and all her wonder......Especially after the Rain and Snow Storms, Campgrounds should be nothing short of spectacular........

Flaam: I'm keeping the Old Version, (<kuid:263525:100194> Norway The Flåm railway TANE final Author pdwood But I don't see it on the DSL,,,,,,)

But I see this one, "<kuid:263525:100171> Norway Flaamsbana beta 1" and maybe this was the newer one from the one I had....?

What does show for this Author is the following in Route Category List.......

<kuid:263525:100166> Norway - Rjukan 2021-02-01 submitted
<kuid:263525:100171> Norway Flaamsbana beta 1
<kuid:263525:101241> Norway - Vestfold Larvik-Tønsberg TS12 1
<kuid:263525:100064> TS12 The Flaam railway unfinished

I have some additional thoughts on Route, I'll try and PM you later today maybe,, see what you think......;)

Have a good week and thanks for dropping in.......

Peace and Good Health to you and Family.......:wave:

Last edited:
Back