Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Always very interesting your explanations Blue.:)

On the photo that you have put, it reminds me very much of the Tepuis of the north of the Amazon; In principle it seems to me a product of water erosion.

Greetings

Always very interesting your explanations Blue.:)

On the photo that you have put, it reminds me very much of the Tepuis of the north of the Amazon; In principle it seems to me a product of water erosion.

Greetings

Ah my friend, thank you,

:cool: I really got taken by this Photo, and I am going to try my best to replicate it something like it if I can, these are the kind of things that catch your attention and imagination when you look at, so unique and aw inspiring........

:sleep: You think it over as to how long it took for something like this be created, similar in a sense to Crystal Caves underground where minerals have dripped for millions of years and created absolutely stunning crystal or Rock Geode type things, I really can get into to this stuff, what would my life have become if I studied to be a Geologist etc.??

:eek: I know they are distantly different types of Creation/Erosion techniques, but the common Thread is copious amounts of Time involved to accomplish the outcome......

Please forgive my disorderly train of thought...........I think my ADHD is kicking in, I need to take my meds.....LOL:hehe:

:p One can day dream and wonder, and ponder on the Principles involved in the exercise and time it would have taken me to fork out that road of Education.....Too late now, I am born with NERD tendencies......My Brain is permanently wired in NERD SPEAK....LOL

Take care ole friend........And thanks for dropping by........:wave:

Good Morning my friend.
I put some images of a Tepui de Roraima (Brazil) and other similar formations in Colombia.
Really the important ingredient is the time, in thousands of years a river not too big can carve those valleys leaving the hardest areas.
The best example I can think of is the hose in your garden, when you open the valve and the water flows, if you do not hold the hose it moves like an accelerated snake. That is the behavior of those rivers and yes, nature is fantastic.;):D

Good weekend.

trek-tepuis-mount-roraima.jpg

colombian-rainforest.jpg

Shunting in the Rain

A Blessed Sunday to all,

And for Louisiana folks, I hope you do OK with the Hurricane that's driving thru the State yesterday?

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/w...0190712-if3ukpcjbzfpxgnong45hi7wt4-story.html

And it seems the larger part of the issue with today's Hurricanes is the Storm surge, more than the Hurricane itself.....

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/w...0190628-f4bphoq7zzcvljyognk6ybyng4-story.html

A shout out goes to MSGSapper for helping me out with some dimensional ?'s on spacing of Rail Splines, got what I needed and I understand how spacing, LOD works with respect to Graphics Cards. Now I need to go through all my Routes over time and check the distances, now so we keep this in perspective, I am only checking for overly long distances where I should add a Spline....For me, I like to use less splines over all rather than button down the Rails to heavily, as that in my opinion will affect resources used on your Routes too..Everyone has there own way of doing things of course.

So for the last several days, I have been working on the Rail Connections between BNSF Central Valley, and Florida East Coast RR's. Now I have both Northern and Southern Tracks in between the Routes and connected with Signals tested 90% of the way. One of the things I think I might do on settings, is dial the Restrictive settings on Approach in some areas down a bit, so I get some more Greens in the path, my thought is, if too restrictive with one train running, what's the display going to be when 2 or more trains are in the Circuit, I might get nailed with Reds too far away and can't move or shunt when I want too as easily.....It's all about experimenting for sure, just finding that right setting that allows you to do what you want, and in the end result, I can use more signals and/or invisible ones too, to make it happen.. The good thing is, I don't have dark Track where I don't want it, and end up with CORN FIELD meets.

I had to replace several Bridges both Rail and Roads due the invisibility issues you see in TRS19. I think it has to do with Mesh and/or Alpha color issues, which is above my paygrade, so I find other items that will work, and there is plenty out there that will..It is just a few that don't, and some of the YARN Road pieces as well.

Changed some of the Waterways a little bit, built a small industrial area, and lined upped some more Tracks that needing some attention. One of the other things, I noticed while running a Passenger Consist thru Central Valley, I need to reorient both position and distance of several of the Background screens used on the Tiles. Problem is, when you drive by, you'll see a lone background Tile Screen in the distance or 2 opposing Screen Tiles @ 90degrees to each other, I suppose if they were farther away, rather than 1-2 tiles you wouldn't notice it, but my old eyes see it, and it bugs me, so I have to fix it, LOL....

I know there was some other items I came across, but for time sake I address those areas of interest in later postings.......

Oh, I just remembered one thing, I had to make my new Pic Lists in TRS19, I don't know what happened to them. Hopefully I made some individual backups of them somewhere in all my files. I knew it when I started this version of Trainz, and never got back to doing it.....You know how it works, you have so many things going on, you forget some stuff, until it becomes important again......

Alright so will show some pictures here on Florida Keys during a somewhat Rainy Day. Morning Rains in progress here as our Local FEC crews bring in loads to the island area, come Rain or Shine, they'll be here for the Community.

It's not a bad storm at all, we are just having pockets of Rain as we cross our Ocean Bridge here to the last Island in the Keys. We go a bit slower for Visual read on the signals, no one other than our Local Switcher is here at the moment, but our Daily Passenger Special is enroute a hour from now, this will gives adequate time to switch, Shunt our loads as needed here.

Oh I think we got a little bit of Squall line here for bit,,,,Good thing we have experienced engineers running the Train.

A little bit later, our Rainy weather has cleared up now, and we have a beautiful Sky to enjoy. Well we need to pay attention to our job too, as we shunt our loads into the Customer loading Docks here.

Only a few customers here as they wait for the outgoing Passenger Train when it arrives, there'll be lots of new folks coming to enjoy the Beach life with their favorite Drinks they make so well here. We make sure to go slow in this area, carefully not hit anyone as we do our operations. One bad accident can ruin everyone's day. So we do it well, and safely with our Brakeman and Conductor keeping a sharp eye out for us.....Our City here, depends on us, to do a good job, and act safely as we do that job.

Loads are in, didn't take us more than 15 mins to do 3 docks here, customers are really happy with our on-time service, as they were waiting for much needed supplies and orders for their customers.

After this shot, I did drop in one more Crossover between in the middle, between the Green and Yellow buildings, this allow more flexibility here when specific loads need positioning.

Whata you know, weather was clear, but looks like more isolated bands of Rain are coming thru today as we leave out on our Loop to return back to main city areas upstate from here.

Turning the Corner here, with a fresh load of Lumber, need to get it into the Dock soon before it gets too wet from the Rain. Rain is just a part of life here so we are always working in it, around it, as this is very Tropical area. And our Produce is terrific, ever had Florida Orange Juice, try it, we think it is pretty good Juice, or heck, just get some Oranges and do it the old fashioned way....

Spotting some large Crates here and some plastic Sewer Pipes here for a renovation sewer project the City is starting...We have lots of old Pipes in the Ground, and there are starting too deteriorate a bit, they need to be upgraded to the newer stuff made these days.

Coming thru our favorite part of the loop, Lighthouse and the Blue Ocean all in one. Can't beat that on a days work.

Speaking of which, I am in the middle of a Garden clean up job, replacing some old plants, and fixing the leaky or broken Sprinklers, LOL....But it looks good, and the plants will appreciate the consistent water pattern during our next several months of Summer Heat.

Enjoy your day, and the week coming up...Thanks for dropping by.....

Tepui de Roraima (Brazil)

Good Morning my friend.
I put some images of a Tepui de Roraima (Brazil) and other similar formations in Colombia.
Really the important ingredient is the time, in thousands of years a river not too big can carve those valleys leaving the hardest areas.
The best example I can think of is the hose in your garden, when you open the valve and the water flows, if you do not hold the hose it moves like an accelerated snake. That is the behavior of those rivers and yes, nature is fantastic.;)

Good weekend.

trek-tepuis-mount-roraima.jpg

Good morning to you Javier,

Liked both the photos you put here, but this one is my favorite, it so majestic with the Wispy Clouds. :p

I need to read more about these how the Rivers run in through these majestic Peaks.

WOW if I could make something like this....I am going to take both of them, and use it for Windows Background, so I can study them more.....Thank you for sharing.....They are just so Stunning.......Have a good weekend.....:wave:

Another Rainy day in the KEYs as new Rail Loads are brought in......

Good day all,

Been working in the Garden during the morning, by mid afternoon, got to get out of the heat, and cool off......94 Today, luckily for us, we are going to cool off about 15degrees in the next few days, and then of course will ramp it up again......One good thing, I do have a few Shade Trees, and I really value the shelter they provide from the suns intense rays....

So I worked on some different areas and did some more track changes near an Ethanol Plant, and I am still working out it. Took the latest Bridge MSGSapper Austin style and plug it in another small water overpass that needed a better bridge.

And I have some Fruit Tree Orchards too reoriented and thin out, there are just too many splines for my Graphics card to handle. It looks like I'll need to remove about 1/3 and then my Frame stutter should smooth out OK........It's a minor stutter, but I see it, and don't like to put up with Frame Stutters if I don't need too.

And I down loaded MSGSappers new TRS19 LOOPS Route he redid for the latest version of Trainz. And it looks great with his new SAP Track and other things he changed in it.....I had the older one, so I deleted it out of Computer and will play with this one now......The colors of his trees are so vibrant too, they really look good in TRS19.

Over here in Florida Keys, I added onto our Fuel Depot operations with a Diesel Storage Tank we had built, we have 3 Tank cars now in the new spur, added to handle more fuel Storage.......Works real well too.

WE have a designated Switcher too for the Tankers and the new Farm Lead spur too.....We add 2 empty Tank cars to the local FEC comeing thru now......

Down on the Dock area, drop off some Boxcars in here and the Tracks are set perfect for our Shunting needs.

We got our Boxcars set out, now will pick up the empty Tankers around the corner with the help of the Switcher that works this Island.

Here is the side view of Tanker Storage area will take too Tanker Cars for now, the other which is not ready for another Day.

Our little Switcher is pulling the empties out for spotting. Having this little switcher works out great here, as he has 3 jobs to work now, and more later on the other small Islands depending on now much work he gets here with Tankers, Dock and new Farm lead I put in.....I think I will need a long Spur further up just before the Crossover Bridge for our daily Freight Crew you saw today, that way, we can stage the empy/loads for quick pickup by the other crew....Will see what develops here........?

This is a front shot of our local as he split his train to allow for 2 empty Tankers to pushed into position by Switcher Crew....And then will get the move on to mainland area, 3 islands away......

Larger view of the Fuel Depot area I modified. Thinned out a few Palm Trees in selected areas, and redid some of the Roadways and other things. Below we split our train for second while our local Switcher Crew grabs 2 empty Tank Cars and drops them into our consist for transport back to the Refinery Plants for refill......Unfortunately because this is the Route direction of Travel in competition with the Passenger Service this is our best option for now, with this reverse Loop, it is the easiest way to get these Tankers out, I might add small Spur Team Track somewhere else up the line to drop cars like this in....Will see, or, I will spot them with the farm Lead Spur....Have to work on that to see what will do us best time wise......?

Shot of our daily local Train as it passes into the loop in Rainy day......Small Fishing launch area her, we do a thriving business with the local fisherman every day, fresh Fish, Lobster etc is brought into the island Keys here, ,the locals like it a lot. Because the catch is fresh almost every day, or two....

Lot of Boxcars coming in for our Customers. And of course a little Rain Storm too.

I think I will take some diversion from Florida and BNSF Central merge to play on MSGSappers newly done LOOPS route for TRS19....I need to take a break, the pause that refreshes......

Thanks for dropping in......

Good Thursday to all,

Well, our hot weather is taking a much needed breather for a few days, but not long, will take what we can get when we can get it, LOL,,,We really could use some Rain too, but probably zero out on that one. Had a bunch of small fires in the 50-300 Acres range, fortunately other that small out houses burnt down, are valiant Fire personal have been on it very aggressively. God bless our first responders and Fire people for the great job they do.

Now for home, I been fixing my long overdue sprinkler maintenance and repair, and behold one of my trees had ingulfed one of the supply lines causing a break. Took me 1/2 a day to get in and grind some of the roots away and repair the pipe, but by 8:30PM or 2030hrs for the Military timers, I fixed the problem and now my Sprinklers will be working as intended.

Yard work is hard, but good for Stamina and other healthful benefits. At my Age it is a bonus, and I find, I just need to get out there more regualarly to keep up with the Plant overgrowth etc, where have you heard that before....LOL. However this morning, will take and make a Bicycle workout to build more strength and stamina in full body musclature, and heart......

Alright enough about fitness!!

I had a nasty surprise when I went to opened up my Maria's pass route to take some photos for sharing, and this is not the first time it has happened.....But I lost a bunch of Roads and at least 1/3 to 1/2 of my Rails too in different parts of the Route. The last thing I remember doing was working in the Sand Pit area. Adding buildings etc, moving some tracks etc.........It probably happened on a Save function, and since I was working in the PIT area, I didn't check the new saved copy for the rest of the Route, so who knows when these areas on the Route lost their Roads, Bridges and Tracks....Crazy what happens in Trainz sometimes......LOL

So somewhere along the line, and it is just this Route, it happened 3 times before, something is causing it to Corrupt on the save file part. I don't get this with any other of my Routes......???

I do have Route Backups on separate dedicated Hard Drive as this probably goes back 6 months ago, easily. So I see what I have saved for CDP on this Route and will take it from there. Oh and the wierd thing, I have seen this before, you can see the signals where the Track is, lights only on Map View, they disappear when you come to ground level in Surveyor mode, so I am a little miffed and heart broken at the same time, but then I need to think, it's better Tracks and Roads than the Texture and Buildings missing. So there's that......

If my copy is too dated, then I'll just use it as a reference for track switch locations etc, and rebuild the Rail connections, and there intermittant in missing sections too, really strange too? So now I will let Florida East Coast Route rest and put all my resources onto Maria's Pass X Version to get it back up to snuff......Never a dull moment around here, that's for sure, I just have to Chuckle a bit, and not cry over SPILT MILK what else am I to do.........

Update: I was able to secure the old 1950's Route and the newer Maria's X45 Route, and after downloading some 870 Assets for some reason I didn't have, or I suppose I needed for both of the Routes I found today, now I have good Tracks and Bridges on those copies to show me what I need to reconstruct on my modified X45 Copy.

It will take some time to rebuild the Tracks, but at least it is not the whole Route....Hmmm, what a mess I got myself in, I suppose it is a far site better than losing all my work I did.......Time will tell.

So today will show some picks from Maria's Pass X Version that I had left over and a little bit of Florida Keys area where I worked on the Farm areas etc.

Maria's Pass: This is the logging loop area that Increased to double Log loading facility with return loop to mainline, it works real well, and is signaled properly.

This is the overview of all the spurs I setup for Logging, Lumber Sheds and various other Industries in this area. Before I upgraded this area, it was just a few single Spur tracks. With little capacity for shunting. Now there is plenty of Team Tracks and runarounds to move things efficiently.

In this area I thinned out the trees a lot, to help with my Frame drops......I have lots more adjustments to make all over the Route with planting some more type Variety Trees etc.

In the bottom of it is the 2 Logging operations I have going here.....

Down in the Sand Pit I made, we have added some Transload Sheds here for any type of commodities you could think of.....Will allow lots of Car-loading for us.

Coming out of Sand Pit from Coal Loader is our dedicated Coal run to Power Companies up line from here, we leave several times a week, to keep 30 day supply going at the Coal Company or more, it doesn't matter, they just need to have a good buffer so as to not lose Power. Then everyone is in Trouble....No electricity, no work......I think these are SD40's or something, that have been modified for heavy Coal Train runs. And my Interlocking #8 Signal I put in here works perfectly with all the Freight Traffic coming thru this corridor.

This area, is around the corner from Logging and lumber operations, these factories never had direct Rail Service, they only had Truck delivery from one of our yards, so this little cutoff Spur line was extended across the Street here and now services 5 new companies and possibly more later, with Boxcars and or Gondola Service, and any other type Car-loading. We can make it happen.

Take car of your customers, get the delivery times lined up, Customer makes more money, more flexibility, the Railroad makes more money, oh that's right, we know how to move large quantities of anything you can think of, dry, liquid or heavy machinery, building construction etc......

Here is map of general Maria's Pass Route, and it is really good size too....I like it lot, and there plenty of areas to operate in.....

Sad to say, these gray tile areas, had to be added, because whatever I did, or the computer did, everything was so messed up, corrupted in the Grey areas, I elected to delete the tiles, and re add new ones for repairing and Texturing etc.

Florida:
This is one of the other Islands, I put a freight stop and some spur tracks, so we can have supplies dropped off by the Railroad in addition to small shipping spots here. It will work out great for the Residents of this Island. And we pass thru here daily......At moment you only see one Spur off the main, but in later pictures, there are several more Tracks added here for fluidity of operation.

On the larger Keys Island at the end of FLorida East Coast RR, you can see all the lemon Tree Orchards and I will enlarge them on the other side of the Tracks too. There is spur mini yard going to this Farm for various commidities to serve the Island here, which is double the size of the previous Island you just saw.

That'll do it for today, now I need to start repairing my messed up x45 Route, see you in few days and I'll hi-light what I was able to accomplish on Repairs......

Night all.

Win10 crashes on Program update.........Yuk Yuk

Good morning, Blue.
A problem that of losing so many things in a route.
As always, I follow your work closely.:p:D

Sincerely, yours

Javier

:wave:Good Morning my Friend,

:'( Well my bad luck continued after I wrote the msg #1127, was finishing the night, and my one of Virus protection program said it needed a new program update. I checked it, and computer needed reboot, and Voila, my Desktop would'nt come back on reboot, was up for 3 hrs trying to fix it,,,,,,,

Finally today, I was able to do it, but I found a few things that I had not done, so now I pay a hefty price in personal time. I did have all my items backed up remotely with good backup program. But that is where the good part if you will ends, I forgot on this computer to make an emergency Back up restore for Windows USB disk, I suppose I never got to it after buying this laptop in January, dummy me.:hehe:

:( So now I have to redo all my special programs with the exception of Trainz TRS19, and I have to get my book marks for my browser and a host of other items, I use, plus Andi's Asset X needs to be reinstalled....LOL.....Going to take me probably couple of days to download my saved files and fix it up........I need to take myself and give me a swift kick or two in the seat of the pants, for being lazy on the USB emergency back up disk.....I think I will remember well after this weekend...LOL

I post some pictures tonight if I get a chance, it is already 10PM now, and Church comes early tomorrow morning, so I retire soon, to get up at 0530hrs for Sunrise mass......;)

Thank goodness I had my Password for this forum, and didn't have to reset again.....

:eek: The one thing that puzzles me, is why my computer lost the desktop, my work files thank goodness and other files our OK....And I think I heard some others with WIN10 booting problems similar to this, who know's but I need to get back at it, I have several programs to re install and get things back in order.....

I probably better thank the Microsoft God I didn't lose the whole WIN installation and this is just one of those darn hiccups that happens..........Will leave it at that.......

Other than my lower back bothering me from working in the Garden today with Mr's Blue,,,,,I think my body is getting a bit older on the wearing of parts........I'll survive........:eek:

I think your are in Sunday already Javier, so I wish you a blessed day and the best......

Hugs and Virtual Wine or Bear drink sent to you my friend.......I go now.......Take care.:D

Hey Blue!
Nice pictures and descriptions as always. Keep up the good work!

Sorry to hear about the computer issues you had - those are never fun..
=====
Just a small update that isn't Trainz related, but more of real life things...
Yesterday (a bit over 24 hours now) the area I live got hit with severe weather, and just about everything are still without power...
Anyway, here are some pics that I took from the area:

UNMlFV8.jpg

TXc4GOw.jpg

mtvJPTu.jpg

IMH2xZo.jpg

2geXQUW.jpg

vKfoAdL.jpg

ZX5uzCi.jpg

LaZbdhQ.jpg

5Pnvnhu.jpg

KaO0zjF.jpg

Cheers,
Have a blessed Sunday

Hey Blue!
Nice pictures and descriptions as always. Keep up the good work!

Sorry to hear about the computer issues you had - those are never fun..
=====
Just a small update that isn't Trainz related, but more of real life things...
Yesterday (a bit over 24 hours now) the area I live got hit with severe weather, and just about everything are still without power...
Anyway, here are some pics that I took from the area:
5Pnvnhu.jpg

Cheers,
Have a blessed Sunday

Hello my Friend,

Glad to hear your safe, that's OK on Pic's I think once in a while, folks need to see what happens in our life............

That was one heck of Storm for sure, especially when you see here, that Road Traffic Lights got knocked down like tooth picks.......Lord have Mercy, Heaven have Mercy, and I say a prayer today for your Town Folk......

Over here we have been getting 3.5 Aftershocks from the big Quake we had a few weeks ago in Ridge Crest area, North East of my 100miles or so. as the Crow Flies Straight.....

You take care over there. OK?

Be talking to you........

A Blessed Sunday to all,

Well it has been a grueling recovery time to rebuild my Windows, Desktop is OK now, but I had to remove that pesky Mcafee Virus Program, as it comes free on lots of PC's, it is not my choice of Anti Virus, but when it installs itself into windows, it is truly hooks itself into everywhere in the Registry etc. What happened was, I did removal in Windows Control Panel but I probably did it in the wrong order of removal, as there are 2 separate modules, I kept getting a flashing screen on Windows, but it flashed so fast, I couldn't begin to read it. And had no idea what program was doing this....

Just on a whim, I checked my Processes in Win and too my dismay, I found 5 separate modules of Macfee still trying to run in the background of my computer.......EEEK..I hadn't got it all out, so I went on Mcafee site and got their Wins Uninstaller to remove Mcafee, but wait there is more....:[[[[......It still did not remove all its 100's of instances left in my Registry...So next thing, go thru Registry and manually delete all Mcafee reg entries, when I say 100, it sure seemed like it, took 1.5hrs to manually get Mcafee out of Win and my Registry. Now you'll hear some folks in Computer world, say, it's OK just leave it alone.....Well you can, but I like things clean not crudded up with Software I don't use. Windows has enough stuff to read in Registry, it doesn't need excess garbage left over too.

Now my computer is running great, but I still have several programs to re install, that I use and need. So I will work on it over the week....

Now over to Trainz, amazing no problems with the Program, windows left it intact, but I had to go into startup and relink it to Drive "D" which is the larger SSD to find where all the files where. Now Trainz opens to my original directory, and it only took me 2 mins to fix it. Just had to remember where Startup file was in the directory.....So that is good, now I can go back to working on Maria's pass. Which is a mess, but after checking my version and two others, the 1950 and Maria's X versions, it looks like the best thing is to go with Maria's X and then copy past the areas I changed to the old version, which has all the tracks in place.

After looking at mine, it would have taken too much time to rebuild all the missing Tracks and Switches and Signals, and there were some buildings missing too, my Route really got corrupted, and I think what I did wrong, was do too much editing and not saving more often, and Wins couldn't write the save correctly, as too when, no way of knowing when it happened....That's life and I get on with it.....

At least my Route has a lot of what I did, so I just have to take time and diligently copy and paste the areas....Especially the Pit area I worked on......That is easily a month or more of work...Getting the tracks and Industrys to fit just right......

OK so here we go with some Pics BNSF Central Ca side of the Florida East Coast merge....

This area below, was just flat and unatractive to me, I needed to do something with it.......This is the way it looked first before I changed it around.

A view from the other side of it, I think the Author just didn't fininsh this area, as there was a blank fence surrounding something, I don't know what, you can see the white fence way at the other end this lot.

This shows the Road and Bridge Piller, which is not going to work at all. Bridge is too wide for multi lane road that doesn't split, or at least I don't know how to split it....So I had to narrow the bridge to the point we didn't need a Piller support and the Road can go thru as it should be.......And too the left of Red Circle area, you can see the fence I was talking about earlier, it surrounds something?

In this picture, Orange Circle, I need to reorient the Side Road that comes into the highway, and the Bridge clearance with Piller in the middle has to go, I rechange all of this area.......To my needs...

First thing I did, was make some low rolling hills on both sides of the Track here, what a difference it made to me.... And it was quick to do......10mins at the most to draw up these Hills.

Looking from downtown area across you can see the low rolling hills now, and it looks more inviting up there, than just that plane ridge of Dirt and Mainline before....

Then I widened the area a bit and added Cement Plant, Gravel Plant, and some other small industries here.

Over view here, you can see the new OLD Tanks I dropped in and some Bus, and other little things, like old bicycle and what not, Shades of Railhead001, he is my mentor, I learn so much from his Genius way of dressing up things in areas.. He is the best when it comes to that....Very talented person......

And we have a Passenger Train Daily coming thru to check the lights and switches, clearances etc...So far, so good.....I'm happy, Dispatcher is happy....We all happy....LOL..

While I think of it, I put up an advertisement sign here. And there will be more things to dress up, old rusted items, who knows what, but I will add more to this area later on....I got a good start here, and it looks a lot more interesting I think for a small area.....

OK we are in Wire Frame Mode here, my favorite way to modify things etc, line them up on the Grids, in this shot, there where 2 parallel waterways, and it plain didn't work or look right, so I merged part of the waterways together, trimmed some areas back, and it looks a lot better, not finished with it. Need to move Trees and around, adjust Roads and Trackage going thru here.....Whenever you can learn to work in Wire Mode, why, well for one reason, your computer doesn't have to redraw Textures constantly, and you find your work in Wire Mode goes much quicker as memory load on CPU goes down a lot, with not redrawing the Textures in here.....

Of course when you texture you have to go off Wire Mode to see where your Color coverage is going, But I use Wire mode for a lot of things, I also find Assets under the Grid line that don't show, plus Water Overlap that can be trimmed, like you see here.....Lots of good benefits with Wire Mode, don't be afraid to play with it.....!

Alright Gang, I headed out to do some shopping, and repairs on the Yard Sprinklers, they've waited long enough, so it's time to do some trimming, and re fixing things in the yard, you know, that old thing called Honey Do List......Well I have mine from my sweetheart and she has been so patient, I need to get to it as they say....

Thanks for dropping in, any Ques, just ask, I am more than happy to explain, why I do what I do, and don't forget a little crazy helps too....LOL....See you all later on, have safe travels and week ahead.....Bye Now.

Hello my Friend,

Glad to hear your safe, that's OK on Pic's I think once in a while, folks need to see what happens in our life............

That was one heck of Storm for sure, especially when you see here, that Road Traffic Lights got knocked down like tooth picks.......Lord have Mercy, Heaven have Mercy, and I say a prayer today for your Town Folk......

Over here we have been getting 3.5 Aftershocks from the big Quake we had a few weeks ago in Ridge Crest area, North East of my 100miles or so. as the Crow Flies Straight.....

You take care over there. OK?

Be talking to you........
Hello Blue.
I survived, and got lucky with no damage / downed trees like the pics shown.
Throughout the entire time, the small sub division I live in still has power during the entire storm and such, just had no internet for most of the day. Internet came back on about 7pm CST.
As for everyone else, the entire city is powerless, and so are the sorrounding cities in my area - all without power still. I will tell you, everything is just a mess.

As for the quakes, I'm glad to hear that you haven't felt one for a while now. Hopefully they'll be done for the next several years to come...

I'll stay safe. You stay safe as well.
Cheers

Tropical Rain and Humidity moving in this week, and I am grateful too.

Good morning all,

From hot and humid So California, LOL we have a major high pressure system coming in from the Eastern area of the US and will sit in its favorite 4 corner States Chair (Nev, Ca, AZ and Utah state corners) and make a pest of itself, but wait, there's more, a good Low Pressure trough from Southern Gulf area, due for this time of year, will merge and push on the High and will have lots of heat, and hopefully some good thunderstorms without Dry Lightening? That's the trip, if we get Dry Lightening, we are in for lots of trouble, call Forest Fires. So will wait and see, had some good Anvil Thunderheads from yesterday we could see, and it did rain up in our local Mountains, today, well overcast and gloomy for now.....

Ok....So I am still working on my computer, decide it is also good time to get higher Capacity SSD Drives, this 255 one isn't large enough, but it will with the other 1 Tera make a great backup drive for my Trainz files...So first I get the M-2 SSD ordered from Cruical Memory, change it out, then we go to Drive D and switch it out from 1Tera to 2Tera 3ND model......

And I am still fixing my Software up, Printer, Financial and all that other fun Software has to be reinstalled, and I am changing Cloud Storage Companies too, not reall happy with the speed of Downloads and Capacity restraints on Carbonite......There OK, but with all the Cloud Producers coming on Scene now, I can do better....So make sure you shop around for best Cloud Storage for our particular needs..

Now on another Scene, we get ready to do some much needed R&R with Camping time with our Family and Friends, for the next 2 weeks will be hopping around some Campgrounds in the Sierra Nevada and other areas......I post up more later. But now, I need to throw up some more pics. Show you some Florida Shots....I am playing around with several Routes LOOPS and Cattaraugus Creek & Lake Erie Railroad favorites from MSGSapper Route Builder and doing some repairs on Maria's Pass Etc.....Need to get my Asset X reinstalled got lots of faulty Assets to get thru too.....They've as I noted before have been stacking up on me.. LOL An old add-age from Star Trek original series, I have TROUBLE WITH TRIBBELS, might have misspelled the name, but you Trekkie's out there know what I am talking about....LOL

So here we go........We are in the Southern end of the Keys area, and have been working on improving Rail Service to the farm areas for Produce runs......Since we have lots of Lemons and Oranges growing and need to get them quick to the markets and Orange Juice producers, etc...Brings to mind, I need and Ice packing house somewhere too......I love old school items on the Railroad....

Comomg off new freight spur here with Loads/Empties for Market and Docks etc.

This end of line over here on the last Keys inlet Island, and you can see the Farm we have going, plan planting more Fruit trees too. The market is here, and Farmer like his new Rail Service for AG produce he makes.. Comes every day as needed to switch out Boxcars etc, Gons and Flats for heavy farm machinery etc. All the homes here with exception to a Hotel Mansion and Farm homes, are on the Beach areas, so we have plenty of good land to farm in here. Need I say, a perfect setup for Travelers and the Farmers.......KISS philsophy hard at work here..........

A better close up view of our Orchard an Farming community with nice single Rail lead Spur distributes out to multiple Team Tracks....Dedicated SW1500 or 1200, Switcher to handle all the Carloads and spot them. I still need to make a long siding on the left for loads so our daily Freight can grab and go with Produce Run, or Green Peri sable Freight to Market.....You farmers out there know exactly what I am referring too, time is of the essence on Produce, it has to get to Market in a sell-able state, or your dead in the water....

Another side shot of our new Farming run here. you can see how the Tracks run through this area to handle the produce, and it's very close to picking time, so lots of refrigerated Reefers will be brought in here too.

Final shot of Farm area here......This is field Veggies here........Folks in this area love all fresh produce....Perfect symbiotic relationship. And they get a great price on it too, it's almost at their doorstep.......Healthy with natural Pest control measures in use.....We like praying mantis and lady bugs, they like their dinner chain.....And the Bees, yes they work hard in the Orchard and make us delightful Honey......Can't beat that......Honey is one of Natures most perfect foods........Works great on Wounds too.

We are headed out of Keys loop here with Light Rain Showers falling in the area...Good for the Farmer and his crops I'd say, doesn't bother the crews either, this is normal Summer Weather here, with some Hurricane Beasty weather events, we don't like them guys, they tare and flood the area up......

Look at those Lemons, they are getting some nice Sun, soon they'll be a picking and shipping these beauties....

I like the way these Assets look, they are really natural looking too.

Lining up loads here for spotting on new Freight setup, this will have a pass thru siding here too, later on...It's just not cut in yet. Progress needs a little time, but we are improving our foot print here for added customer support and availability of Rail Transport....And oh? The Railroad makes more money, and we have more work for and can hire more Crews, I think that is great for our financial bottom line, what is it, build a better mousetrap and they will come, well on this line, that is exactly true. Our sales can prove it too.....

Top view as heavier Rain Band comes thru the area......

This Spur location is a good spot for us to drop/change out the loads, and have local Passenger Service to the Keys get by us as we work our way up the line, plus, I haven't mentioned this, we have a ton of Double Crossovers between our double main lines, so there is no problem on passersby with opposing freights and Passenger Runs, just as long as our Dispatchers have their Coffee and act together, and believe me, we have some really dedicated old timer Dispatchers that know how to thread the needle so to speak....Teaching the new Dispatchers how to do it right....

They are the heart and blood of our Business success out here......Trust me....As well, all our employees work well together, it's called Team Spirit.....

Out on the Bridge again over blue tranquil waters as we speed along to the next Key Island rest-bit......Can't beat this picture with Sunset coming fast.

Ok....Got lots to do today, Camping is on the horizon, so we need to get a packing for our big trip.....Can't hardly wait...Fun to see family and friends, and have some good food and drink.......

See you in a few days, be careful out there with these T-Storms circling about..........And don't golf on the Green when it's Thundering. Lots of folks have been injured or worse by taking the Club on a swing, and get some Crack Lightening coming to the Ground.......I'm not fooling here, folks have met there demise on the Greens with lightening.......!!

Thanks for dropping in folks......

Good Friday all,

Just got home from a few days of camping, had a really nice time. Even got a little rain to boot.......

So I have more bad news on my old copy of Maria's Pass, looks like the Route Copy I had was so corrupted, I couldn't do a Copy and Paste as there are Fantom Signal Lights and other objects thru out the Route.....

With that said, the only way this ends, is toss the all my Route Copies, and start over with a fresh copy of the Maria's X Route and square one, only this time, I will be checking for problems globally on this Route....Sad state of affairs, a years worth of work down the dumpster......

If there is a any light in this dark tunnel, I remmember most of what I did. It will just take some time, to recreate what I did.......

This has not been a good month for me. Computer Crash, Routes Corrupted........Lets hope this will be the last for now.......

So will look at a few pictures of Florida East Coast Route.

As you recall, I had been improvising the Farm area on the last Island in the Keys, here is an overhead of what it looks like now, you can see the reverse loops and a few new Spurs I added, along with Lemon Tree Orchards etc. Red arrow is where I added the last Crossover in place for multi Industrial Switching.

This is the lastest map, of the Northern Merge area with BNSF Central Ca Route, and new water/Ocean areas I added, and they really worked out nice.....I still need to plant a lot of Tropical Plants and other things in time.

Headed out to from North end of FLorida Route here to Central Ca BNSF side of the operation.

Early morning Passenger Train headed South on the new Merge Section to Florida Keys, we have about 6-8 Passenger Station Stops to make, which remindes me, I need to add new Passenger Stops up here in the North....Tourist love our pristine white Sandy Beaches you see here....

Longer View of the new Section of Coastline I created and it is going to work out very well. Lots of open area to fool around with too.

Last signal of the North end, before we turn the corner ahead here. Flashing yellow, advance approach warning us about a Freight holding up in passing siding ahead 2 signal Blocks from here. Signals working as intended.......

Ah, well!! Looks like we only have light Engine waiting in the siding, as he is testing our Signal Distance and other notifications acitivity as he presses to Southern End of the Florida East Coast Route.

Great long shot of the Light Engine waiting in the hole here for the Passenger Train to clear this Block and he can continue his Signal and Track checking assignement..

Another Passenger Train has rounded the corner, passing our dormant Volcano in the Right in Deep Iron Red Colors......These sidings our 11000 Feet long so we have not hick-ups with long Freights Etc....

Well that'll due for tonight, I need to get some sleep after unpacking all the Camping stuff, plus long drive ob Freeway, filled with campers coming thru everywhere....LOL.

Enjoy your weekend, as I have a friends funeral too attend tomorrow, another Victim of Cancer after a 4year battle, brave and determined, but this Cancer was a little rare, so the odds where stacked against my Friend, at least they are in a better place now, no more pain.......

So long now.......

Lovely screenshots and descriptions Blue!
Sorry to hear that your version of Marias Pass had to be toss away:(
I recently had my recent completed route get corrupted, and just about all of the backups I made where also corrupted, and since N3V needed a working route (freeware through their store hopefully), I had to go through all of my backups in hopes I can find a working one. IDK how many, but I manage to find one in its working state. All it needed was a few route modifications and it was done again.

Maybe you can try going to wherever you have TANE (or in your case, TRS19) is storing your content (can be viewed from settings > install tab - also best to copy (CTRL + C) that so you can paste (CTRL + V) it in Windows Explorer path), then go into the backups folder and try finding the KUID of your modified version of Marias Pass and see if you can get it back in a working state.

Have a safe Sunday

Lovely screenshots and descriptions Blue!
Sorry to hear that your version of Maria's Pass had to be toss away:(
I recently had my recent completed route get corrupted, and just about all of the backups I made where also corrupted, and since N3V needed a working route (freeware through their store hopefully), I had to go through all of my backups in hopes I can find a working one. IDK how many, but I manage to find one in its working state. All it needed was a few route modifications and it was done again.

Maybe you can try going to wherever you have TANE (or in your case, TRS19) is storing your content (can be viewed from settings > install tab - also best to copy (CTRL + C) that so you can paste (CTRL + V) it in Windows Explorer path), then go into the backups folder and try finding the KUID of your modified version of Maria's Pass and see if you can get it back in a working state.

Have a safe Sunday

:wave:Hello Sir,

Sorry to hear about Route issues, I was thoroughly depressed over the amount of work I put in it too have this happen. And I really thought I could work my way through this mess, but no go....:'(.

:( I had some backups but they also had same problem, so now I will be well aware of what it is, now that I see what is going on with missing tracks and stuff.....I know one thing I did, too much changes and not saving often enough.....

:pAnyway, Family and friends are all headed up to Sierra Nevada's for about the next 10 days for our annual R&R Camping retreat........Lots of work to setup campsite but having one in one with Mother Nature is worth it...Hopefully no forest fires near us, like 2 years ago.......Some of our favorite campsites were completely burned to the ground, very sad.......

Another 100+ degree day.......I could cook eggs on the sidewalk...:hehe:

Mr's Blue says it is time to get packing and go shopping at the Store., So I better get the move on........Take care then, speak with you when I come back.....

As always, my friend, I am surprised by your versatility with the routes and I regret that you have lost assets in that problem with the computer. I don't think I can help you with that because I don't have any routes installed, you know, I'm more than creating, however I can help you, you know where I am.

1000 years ago + - :p I don't go camping but I remember something
"If it sounds moo or grrrr, run away":confused::hehe:

Have a good time, hugs for your family too.

Javier

As always, my friend, I am surprised by your versatility with the routes and I regret that you have lost assets in that problem with the computer. I don't think I can help you with that because I don't have any routes installed, you know, I'm more than creating, however I can help you, you know where I am.

1000 years ago + - :p I don't go camping but I remember something
"If it sounds moo or grrrr, run away":confused::hehe:

Have a good time, hugs for your family too.

Javier

No worries my friend I won't have any problem rebuilding the route just going to take time and I remember pretty much everything I did it's just one of those deals others have had it happen to in this forum it's just a shame but now I just realized I think part of it is the size of the route and then I have to make sure that Windows writes the route correctly when it doesn't save I think that's what happened is that maybe something else was going on and I got to make sure I'm off the internet and I'm just in playing with the is called plain-vanilla hardly anything running at all when I do these save so that it saves correctly.....

Understand on the camping one day when I get too Old they'll be doing the driving and I'll be doing the sitting in the watch it but for now I'm still getting around okay and I'm young enough to do it but probably in another 15-20 years and won't be able to do it that well I'll be old and rickety my friend.. I 😂

Have a safe and fun camping trip Blue!! :D

With my new backup method, I'm using an SVN program that saves different versions when that file has been changed. This way if something where to happen, all I have to do is update to an earlier revision and I'll have my content back to its working state. They're actually a life saver, as if you don't like the file you modified, just delete it and run an update and boom, you have the version before you commit :D

I know this is a lot of computer talk, but its worth sharing:D

Cheers

Back