Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

No one would have bellieved this if I tried to expliain it either....

Thanks for the shot and the info, Blue! I am curious how long that cut is that the train is running through. And I look and see the old tires and other trash down there and think that could be a real hazard if people are dumping into the cut! Just the leaves down there in the fall could create some wheel slip!

I have seen some crazy things in the Railroad World, Trainz on edge of high Mountains Shelf's, Bridges that look like Tooth Picks made out of questionable Lumber for NG, but never seen anything like this one. When I first looked at this Picture, I thought, its a Train they tried to bury after a Derailment or something, then when I looked into the Loco Windows, I saw a Engineer, I literally blinked, thought oh no my eyes are old and I am not seeing what I think I am seeing here, Brain is playing tricks...Please someone get them a Strong Drink......:eek:

Then came in reality, WOW,,,,,,IF you had a air leak or something, how would walk back to fix it, or maybe they carry Rope and Hook or Little Giant Ladder.....Lord Help, I sure don't know, bet they don't run through at night? Could imagine that creepy thought. :confused:

Glad you liked the articles.....Really gives food for thought. :wave:

Weather/ Faulty Old Payware Older Version issues / YTube Pics

Good Day all,

We just got thru a serious Rain with added Blizzard, it's been decades since I have seen this amount of Snow in our San Gabriel Mountains. The high winds were so bad, it ripped one off our Roof Ventilators, fortunately, I noticed in the middle of Rain Storm, minor water damage. Blue has been down this path before.....

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=snow+in+california

We needed this Rain for the past 8 years, may be messy, but in the end, Severe Drought and Mega Fires is not a choice I would want, I have seen what damage it causes, in some cases, whole Towns erased, some never come back.

Now over to trains, I downloaded some small Routes of course older ones, had Faulty assets, and with some older Auran Assets, for whatever reason, it triggered 12 or so to become faulty after DBR rebuild, been down this Road several times. I also have problems with Payware Routes, older ones like ECML and Hinton, all showing Faulty or Missing Assets.. The Rub is, you can't delete or change Payware Routes, yes you can clone them, but that doesn't fix it either. ( I was able to fix just a couple of non Payware Assets in the Route

My hard decision, is I am going to have too, delete(uninstall) about 4-6 of my older Payware Routes to clean up that issue, there are no more updates to remedy the older out of Version 3.5 or lower is not supported anymore. That is known. Painfully, I'll have to go thru all my older Routes and Delete the Payware Assets out of each and everyone of them......

Then I should be clear of these issues, it has just gotten to the point I am frustrated and tired of seeing Missing or Faulty Auran assets that I can't disable, but the Payware Route still shows as faulty, it is the Disabled ones that cause the issue, if they are Auran.

Going to take a while, but I am determined to effect a Cure over seeing all these errors. As best I can.....

Here are some picks showing the process and Failure when trying clear the Faulty Auran and Payware issues....Basically the old version problems, like Windows, Word and other software, been there and done that for decades.

This was the first of 6 Payware Routes staked for Deletion. Due to Faulty Assets you can't really correct.

And numerous Faulty Routes from older Asset Versions, mainly 1 and 2.

Sometimes it takes 3-4 times to clear a Route of Faulty Assets, and sometimes it needs to be done Manually by Config.txt

More Positive note, you see assets with Night Mode Missing issues that can be fixed, depending on the Asset.

When I uninstalled Payware Routes, they not only delete the Payware, they also delete all the Assets in that Route, which are not Payware, that I have to re install them back into my other Routes.

Lots of Faulty signs.......

And this shows supposed items, no seen, being deleted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And on happier Note, here are some Y Tube Pics. https://youtu.be/wSnOf7tX4DQ

South Coast Rail: Mass Coastal MC-4 passes new signal - Taunton, MA

In this quick video we see Mass Coastal train MC-4 rolling over Hart St. in Taunton, MA. The locomotives pass a brand new signal that replaced a long unused and damaged New Haven era signal mast. This is part of the South Coast Rail Project and one of the first signals to be lit.
This is one Video you want to follow, major issues on how this Incident was n is being handled. I sense a lot of Serious Lawsuits coming.

East Palestine Train Derailment Unit that alerted crew Creek Clean Up PT 3
https://youtu.be/6ORgyXMOOWE
The Most Ridiculous Railway Ever! https://youtu.be/zBOkXnjWnzg

In today's video, we discuss the Canadian Bayside Railway. A rail line created as a way to exploit a loophole in a 100 year old maritime law.
Fretwork Rail install a Head Shunt - 7 1/4 Narrow Gauge - Stogursey Light Railway

https://youtu.be/BSXzFKEPmtw

On this latest video we join our track maintenance team 'Fretwork Rail'. The guitar enthusiasts who like to keep our permanent way in tip top condition. Today we join them as they make the finishing touches to the new head shunt that has been built in the station "A head shunt is a short length of track provided to release locomotives at terminal platforms, or to allow shunting to take place clear of main lines."

Tamping the track involves hard work and a good rhythm. Perfect for such a musical team. We also capture some footage of a harvest of apples being processed for the local market using our newish tipper wagons.
NS Helper Crew loses his cool with Allegheny Dispatcher https://youtu.be/4dOgdXTVlxU

THERE'S A MOUNTAIN UP HERE!
Happy early Turkey day! Here's a funny recording you probably heard an excerpt from in the Lac Megantic remaster documentary. Here's most of that recording in it's raw glory. I do apologize for any inaccuracies in the notes, just sharing this gem of a recording in case no one else has. I own the photo but not the music nor the recording itself!
Pan Am Railways Rail Speeder NARCOA/NEREX Excursion Departure from Concord NH https://youtu.be/dpSFBph2ifc

The entire lineup of rail cars leaving Concord, New Hampshire for the Once in a Lifetime trip over Pan Am Railways to North Chelmsford, Massachusetts. Note the variety of cars, including some brave people out in the open, literally.
Farewell Station on the Keystone Corridor! Amtrak’s Newest Station & 50th Anniversary Locomotives https://youtu.be/-EWLoHkuAr4

In the winter of 2022, Amtrak opened their newest station in Middletown, Pennsylvania on the Keystone Corridor so I stopped by to take a look, while also saying goodbye to one of my favorite rail fanning spots. The Keystone Corridor was abuzz with 50th Anniversary schemes on the diesel-powered Pennsylvanians, and the Phase III wrapped sprinter in regular electric service.
West on The Maybrook Line https://youtu.be/uPTn2HwhJH8

First train west of Danbury Yard in 11 years.
The Next Day after watching the NX10 do some South end Switching. we are back on the Housatonic Railroad this time Behind Agway. where an Extra crew with the 22 is seen with Transformer. a few days later it would be the NX-10's turn to go down to Agway. to pick up the Flat car and bring it back north. Come watch the move of the decade on the Housatonic Railroad
Urbans Tändkulemotorer Borlänge https://youtu.be/3BNrgUvU8yE

A visit to Urban Sondell's tractor & motor museum in Borlänge.
Urban has a nice collection of spark plug engines, tractors, locomotives and boats etc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SRM 8202 Winter Update https://youtu.be/_Wmskyr2-t8

The work continues. Slow but steady progress.
Live Animals – LIVE!
Live Animals – LIVE!
5:10 / 10:30
Sheffield Victoria: The life and death of a giant. https://youtu.be/Jl-ZxqK4bhg

We explore the life and times of Sheffields original station.

That'll do for today......Thanks for dropping....

An interesting sliding picture of snow in southern California here at NASA Earth Observatory Blue: https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/151034/snow-in-southern-california

And when you look at whats happening on East Coast into Midwest, I kind of wonder if something else is not at play here. Main culprit is the Polar Vortex,

https://www.aer.com/science-research/climate-weather/arctic-oscillation/

which having lots of fun with us.

Sad thing is folks don't remember here in California when it would rain heavy for 1-2 Weeks at a time, I do, I had to walk to school back then in the 50-60's and did rain, hail, etc.....

Thanks for sharing Sir!

During the 40's & 50's radio shows often had jokes about how rainy and cold "Sunny California" was. It was got a big laugh from the studio audience.

Rob

During the 40's & 50's radio shows often had jokes about how rainy and cold "Sunny California" was. It was got a big laugh from the studio audience.

Rob

Good Day,

Interesting, and sometimes that is all you can do is have a good laugh.....

Meanwhile, up in our Local Mountains, I think folks need to seriously think about the changes, or should I say revert to more normal times of when Heavy Rains and Snow were more prevalent. Because of all the years8-10 of prolonged Drought, folks may have forgotten about Cold Weather issues?

There are other systemic issues in proper response times as well, another issue I wont discuss here. :(

I feel for them, especially the huge Food Store that collapsed with all the Food Inside......

https://spectrumnews1.com/ca/la-eas...rnians-still-digging-out-from-severe-snowfall

Californians still digging out from severe snowfall

By Assoc

Thanks for Sharing......:wave:

LSA package is not signed as expected windows 11 (Bug Error in latest Win 11 Updates)

Good Day my friends,

I'm in the middle of trying to get my Taxes knocked out, and Good old Windows and some other Software did some Buggy updates last week,, caused many BSOD several times.

I think I got it remedied for now.....:eek:

https://www.google.com/search?q=LSA...kgEDNS4xmAEAoAEByAEDwAEB&sclient=gws-wiz-serp

Credential and other issues with Win 11 22H recent updates cause Credential unexpected results. Computer stops and tells you it is going to restart, this is a known Bug in the latest update with Credential mgr.....

Both Trainz DBR and Mail bird Email Programs were crashing before Computer went into hard Crash. BSOD "Blue Screen of Death" with STOP Icon. And then Reboot again! Grrrrrr! :(

I found info on WEB, 5 ways to fix issue, modify Win Files, and or revert latest Win11 Windows to older version. What I found, is Windows came back within a couple of hours and started reinstalling the updates I took out? Go figure.......

Ran Win update Trouble Shooter, which below identifies specific issue and remediation in below Text copy of Win Event Viewer.

Problem has been going on for couple of weeks prior, but when latest update installed on 3-7-2023, it got worse.

Thought I might have Software issue or SSD problem with Mail bird, but then yesterday, it started showing problems with Trainz DBR crashing the computer shortly after starting DBR rebuild phase. That's when I checked on WEB using error messages from STOP Function Blue Screen, Error detected, Computer will start shortly Phase.

Whole problem is Coding issue in latest Win11 Updates, MSFT knows about it and is working on it!

Today Thursday:

7:30AM Keep Checking Event Code and Read PDF Fixes I downloaded.....:confused:

12:00PM, 4.5 hrs later, working in my financial Software, using Web Search, 15 mins of Playing with troublesome Asset in Trainz, it looks like the Computer is stable after Running Trouble Shooter for specifically Win Updates. It fixed the errors. :Y:

Here is a Print out of WIN TROUBLESHOOTER:;)

Windows Update Publisher details

Issues found
Check for Windows Update issuesCheck for Windows Update issues
Detects issues related to Windows Update. Detected Detected
Resolve Windows Update issues Completed

Potential issues that were checked
Some security settings are missing or have been changed Some security settings are missing or have been changed Issue not present
Check for missing or corrupt files Check for missing or corrupt files Issue not present
Service registration is missing or corruptService registration is missing or corrupt Issue not present

Issues found Detection details

6 Check for Windows Update issues Detected Detected

Detects issues related to Windows Update.

Resolve Windows Update issues Completed

Resolves common Windows Update issues.

InformationalWaaSMedicService

Issues remediated by:BinaryHealthPlugin;DynamicProtectionPlugin

Potential issues that were checked Detection details

Some security settings are missing or have been changed Issue not present

Check for missing or corrupt files Issue not present

Service registration is missing or corrupt Issue not present

==============================================================================

When I get thru some of my work, I'll post some more Trainz stuff and Pics.....Etc.....Please bare with me......I need a Martini!

It never Rains in CA! / Buggy Win11 Update continues / Misc Photos

A Good Rainy Morning to all,

Spring is fast approaching, being the Weather Buff, I am, have notice no more freezing nights now. And our Pineapple Express River from the Hawaian Islands that can carry Trillions, not millions, Gallons of Water has lowered our Snow Level, believe it or not, we still have folks trapped in their mountain homes, whom, have not, some have seen 10-12 feet of Snow, lake Tahoe had 52 Feet of Snow. Yikes.

And California still has not learned how to store more Water! Will leave it that.

I pray to the lord to keep folks safe during these tough times......East Coast may be getting a really bad Polar Vortex this week?

So lets have some fun with Windows, apparently the Brilliant MSFT folks put out a Buggy Win 11 update, witch is causing STOP ERRORs in some cases, not all, BSOD, and reboot, only way it seems is to remove those last 3 updates,,and pause your Win UPDATES till MSFT gets a Bug Fix out to use. I wouldn't hold your breath. Month or Two.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...11+22h2+bug+breaks+remote+desktop+connections

Microsoft: Windows 11 22H2 Bug Breaks Remote Desktop ...

Windows 11, version 22H2 known issues and notifications
Microsoft
https://learn.microsoft.com › ... › Windows 11
5 days ago — This issue is caused by the accidental removal of required Unified Update Platform (UUP) MIME types during the upgrade to Windows Server 2022 ...
==============================================================================
Over to Trainz, slowly I am getting rid of my old Version outdated Payware, so that I don't have any more Faulty Warnings using old Versions 1.0 to 2.0, eventually, I'll need to tackle Vers 3.5 Assets, boy will that be a Can of Worms!

One step at a time, and for me, specifically including older GPU's, Laptops that are 3-5 yrs old now, I considered Dinosaur's for 3 yrs, and Relics for 5 yrs or more? Can it get any worse, hmmm, yes, but for now, TRS22 is definitely out of the question, probably 2-3 yrs from now, and/or buy a dedicated laptop just for TRS22 with a Smoking hot GPU no less than 6 Gigs of VRAM, 8 forget it, your Laptop battery will probably give just 2-3 hrs of running time, why, because they have shrinked the size batteries, they are very small now. MOB has lower Voltage needs, but that Fire Breathing GPU will still demand it's lion share of Power to give you Frame Rates and better Graphics quality......One would think, I could be wrong?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's Pictures:

Boston Ma and the road is Interstate 93. Then: Engine 3182 stuck on and in the Expressway.

On Aug. 21, 1969, three locomotives being readied to haul freight to Albany, NY escaped what is now the Cabot Yard in South Boston and barreled right into the Southeast Expressway, carving deep grooves in the roadway before they came to a halt and blocking northbound traffic.

Michael William Sullivan reports that the lead locomotive - a General Motors GP40 - in the runaway express remains on the rails and doing hard work, now down in New Jersey.

Now: Same engine with new paint and number heading westbound in Rutherford, NJ. (photo by Michael William Sullivan):

Mt. Washington New Hampshire. This is a photo of the worker using a “Cog Slide” to descend the Mountain (Imagine going up hill on this to Work....Little crazy goes a long way......! )

Sao Miguel Island Azores, We have a new airport and Jet landed along the Beach, not quite ready for Prime Time, this is the way I got the Route, much Route, WIP for quite some time....

Industrial Docks here, just Sandy area, we need to make some Docks very soon...LOL

Coming down 10% grades back then, but I have since redid the Down Hill Slide to 5% or less......A little less of Riding by the seat of your Pants so to speak! LOL

They call this a an Airport, well, looks to me, like we need to move and improve some things, but will get by for now.....

This whole area has to be re dug, elevated Etc, for now, lots of Testing and adding more Curves to get the Grade Extremes down to 5% or less.

We are in the Trench on this one, but I have since remediated this problem, we are above ground, or I added a underground Tunnel Section?

I'll Post more later today on this msg, I have go see the Dentist. I thing this is going to hurt, it's called Implants installation......Save a Drink for me, I think I might need one.....

Stay Well, and if you live in California, make sure you have a Canoe with some Ores for Steering, you might need them if a we get a good Rain out of this 2-Day System in Central and Northern California, where it never Rains!

More Rain? / WIN11 Bug fixes / Y Tube Picks

A Blessed Sunday to all,

And for Blue, looks like a 1-2 Rainfall Punch coming today thru Tuesday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/t...009efba1e5be2d5&ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&ei=8

Over to computers, I got my ASUS working OK with latest WIN11 updates removed for now. Ironically I have no problems with my Lenovo 540 Laptop, so something is different, what that could be, who knows.

If your having issuing with BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) then you'll need to find lasted updates for Win11, that came out in March.

Problem updates for me was ones ending in 913 for 22h2 Win 11 Version.

And one ending in 497, Security Update is OK no issues with that one.

Using Troubleshooter for Updates, It summarizes what it did!

Screen you'll see as it runs Troubleshooter process to correct issues.

Even though it says it corrected things, I still had to delete too of the recent 3-14-2023 Updates.

I check the installed programs to make sure no rogue Software programs have been installed!

Reading the Windows Even Viewer tells what is going on under the hood.......LSA Pkg is Bug Problem, with Credential Guard locking Computer with BSOD Screen, ending up in multiple reboots, until you remove the latest Win 11 Updates, except the Security Update.

Ran across this MRR Scale Reader for curve degrees. Hadn't seen this one before.

And for your viewing pleasure, Y Tube Pics of the week.

=========================================================
Abandoned siding rebuild - Berkley, MA - 3/17/2023 https://youtu.be/kKTVTsorFrM

As part of the South Coast Rail Project the Myricks Junction "Agway" siding is being rebuilt. This track was actually a track for a propane customer at one point but sometime in the 70's or 80's it stopped being used. Since then the first several feet have been used for MOW storage but the track was otherwise overgrown and "abandoned". With the South Coast Rail Project bringing back commuter rail on these lines this track was rebuilt and can be used for MOW storage or to put a bad order car on. This video shows the switch in place as well as the siding itself being built.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Down at Arcade Junction! - Arcade & Attica Railroad - 2/2/23 https://youtu.be/67nErey66N8

Arkansas & Missouri A&M #Railroad No.42 Part 2 https://youtu.be/AREyQTW9VhM
Arkansas & Missouri A & M doing some switching https://youtu.be/HBnd46jXpgg
BNSF KCS Trains 25 https://youtu.be/U9WXsDnSGi8
UP SD70ACe Leads a 1x2x1 WB manifest with a SMOKEY ACE MID DPU and a NS AC44C6M DPU!!

https://youtu.be/EvKYrsgu54Y This is the Smokiest locomotive I have ever seen! And a bonus NS DPU!
------------------------------------------------------------
2 UP C45ACCTE’S lead an Empty 2x3x1 coal with an awesome horn show and a CN GEVO DPU!!

https://youtu.be/SpJTXxmtfHQ

This engineer was really nice and gave a neat horn show! It was cool to see the CN DPU as I saw this from the VRF Cam.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Rotaries On Donner Pass https://youtu.be/hSBTs0ISE1A

-------------------------------------------------------------
Rotary Snowplows And Spreaders On Donner Pass 3/12/23 https://youtu.be/uHh8W4FQnkw

On Sunday 3/12/23, a group of 4 of us went up on The Hill to photograph the rotaries and spreaders working the Overland Route clearing snow between Colfax and Truckee. After having a hasty departure out of Colfax we chased the spreaders and the rotaries out of Colfax and up to Emigrant Gap.

Actual snow clearing didn't begin until east of Yuba Pass, and the SPMW 211 would end up being put on the ground near Cisco. We waited at Soda Springs until last light for the rotaries, which was a period of three hours, with on and off snow fall. Unfortunately, the snow fighters wouldn't get to Soda Springs until well after dark, and the 'Big Hook' was dispatched to rescue the 211.

Despite this we were all able to capture some very moody, and dramatic shots as the equipment worked its way east, up the west slope of the Sierras.

Enjoy this look at spreaders and rotaries on Donner!
------------------------------------------------------
Mass Coastal 2012 on the "Energy Train" including Yarmouth Wye - 3/10/2023 https://youtu.be/G1sQ7yg18MA

In this video we take a look at MC GP38 2012, a former MILW GP40, making some moves while assigned to the "Energy Train". First we see it creeping down the South Dennis Branch before making a side trip to Hyannis. After picking up 2008 it rounds the Yarmouth Wye then departs for Rochester. We see it at three more spots before calling it a night.
-------------------------------------------------------
Meccano automated mine train system https://youtu.be/scwMm5Ajygg

It is an automated train circuit reproducing the work of loading and unloading coal inside a mine. All functions are performed mechanically using 117 gears and 9 different modules. the mechanical drive of all these modules is provided solely by the electric motor contained in each car and powered by batteries. No electronic or computer circuitry is used.

OK I think that's a wrap, watch out for those Rain Drops......

As always, thank you for coming by. Peace and Good Health.

HEavy Rain Storm coming from Alaska/Picture discussion / Y Tube Pics of the Week

Good Tuesday to all,

I had a little Water Damage from all this Rain, fortunately, just some Roof repair, and I was lucky enough to figure out where my Water was leaking from main line that feeds our backyard Water Spigots and Sprinkler Box. Didn't realize we had a small, almost undetectable water leak. Came up after doing some leak repairs on Swimming Pool. Luckily for me, our Water Meter Reader pointed it out to me.

And tomorrow thru Thurs or part of Friday, we have a cold winter, excuse me, Spring time storm coming thru next couple of days

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Los+Angeles+CA

52-57 Feet of Snow in Mammoth Mtn, locally for us, something like 35" Rain.

Over to Trainz:Just been working a little bit, on getting Country Code properly for my travel CPU Lenovo 540.

Tonight's Pics, little of this and that situations:

Several of these Assets were missing Night Tags, I see this quite a lot, the only way I know to fix them, rather than delete the whole Asset, is remove the whole Night Mesh Container with Brackets, and that usually does the trick for me.

In this one, I had a Horn missing, just needed to find a similar Horn to find n replace function.

When having Missing Assets over say 5 or more, I find that Trainz has a hard time deleting all the missing assets, in some cases it takes 3-4 deletions in Surveyor Mode to get the job done. and occasionally I have edit the Config.txt file to remove the missing Kuids.

One of the things I do when working on any Route, is check the true North Orientation with the Route, especially if I plan to merge it, this one for example was 90 degrees off, I hadn't checked for proper orientation, it looks funny this way because I am used to seeing with this top portion facing West to East.

In this Route, I found when trying to merge a PBR Route to Non PBR Route, it knocks out the Tiles from underneath leaving everything else except Textures. So in this case, I read the tiles, and redo all the textures, I like this Route and despite having to do the Texture over again, It will work out for me. I think Trainz get confused mathematically due to difference in Poly Counts between PBR and Non PBR boards.

One missing Asset caused 460 errors on this Route! I seen other situations with several 1000 Errors from a few missing Assets.

================================================================================
Baldwin D4-4-1000 (Cab ride) - SMS Railroad https://youtu.be/QDdwfOE_3qU

This video covers two of the locomotives located at the SMS Bridgeport location: a Baldwin D4-4-1000 and a GE B23-7. The Baldwin was originally owned by the Pennsylvania Railroad and has been painted back into the Pennsy scheme some years back. It is one of the regularly used locomotives for regular switching jobs. The Dash 7 is used often as well. The SMS has a daytime job and a nighttime job, both are seen in this video
================================================================================
Boston & Maine Caboose gets saved and moved - 3/27/2023 https://youtu.be/bfFBRQPqGiY

On March 27, 2023 Boston & Maine Caboose 469 was moved from its display location in Marshfield, MA to Quincy, MA where it will be restored. The car is now in private ownership and will be restored to BM colors. This video shows its being loaded onto a trailer for the trip north. Of note, trains no longer operate in Marshfield so it was neat to see some rail "activity" there.
=================================================================================
1940's PCC trolleys still in service - MBTA Mattapan-Ashmont High Speed Line https://youtu.be/ieoJ9SPoIwU

In March 2023 I set up a day specifically to film the 1940's PCC trolleys of MBTA's Mattapan-Ashmont (MA) High Speed Line. Cars built between 1945 and 1947 are still in service on this line although they have been rebuilt and modified over the years. Several of them are in line for their last rebuilt that will extend their life span a few more years. The line is also home to 3087, a 1945 built PCC that holds the title of oldest continuously operated PCC in the world. It is seen in service several times throughout this video. We were also treated to a break down of one of the PCC's that resulted in a push move. This gave us the opportunity to photograph two PCC's "operating" together just like it was years ago. There is also a segment of on board footage from Mattapan to Central Ave.

Some historical notes:
This was originally the Old Colony, later New Haven Shawmut Branch. In 1929 it was converted to a high speed trolley line and the New Haven track was shifted over to the side of the line to Central Ave. Some remnants of it are seen in this video as well as the Neponset River Trail which is built on the old roadbed.
===================================================================================
Industrial railroading in Southeastern New England https://youtu.be/Q0h3jh6EFrU

In this video we take a look at some of the remaining industry in Southeastern New England around Providence, RI as well as Fall River and New Bedford, MA. These cities once hosted a massive amount of industry that has since been reduced significantly. Despite this, some industry continues to survive on Mass Coastal and the Providence & Worcester. Filmed between 2020 and 2022.
===================================================================================
Holy Cow!!! Train Catches Fire at Bryan, TX!!! 3/23/23 https://youtu.be/QUvSDip-_Es

On 3/23/2023 two more 80 tonner's arrived on property of the Connecticut Valley Railroad in Essex, CT. Both units were last assigned to Seal Beach, CA where they have been in storage since 2008 after that location switched to trucks. Both units endured a several day journey across the United States to their new home by truck. This video shows both units after arrival on the property. USN 65-00618 is seen being moved around shortly after being placed on its trucks then 65-00359 is seen being lifted off the trailer and placed onto its trucks by a large crane. These two units will be great additions to the Valley's fleet of three operational steam locomotives and several other 80 ton center-cabs.
=====================================================================================
Canadian Pacific rail jan27 CP vs the hill https://youtu.be/kDcqIZTxZo0

Latest stall n rescue through the frank slide on the crows nest sub on Jan. 27 2023 (There is no excuse for this type operation, unpowered Loco for this Grade.....Shameful!! They have the Locomotives, more than enough to due the job.....End Blues Comments)
=====================================================================================
Two 80 tonner's arrive at the Valley Railroad - Locomotive lifted by crane - 3/23/2023 https://youtu.be/rQnew1T3dJM

On 3/23/2023 two more 80 tonner's arrived on property of the Connecticut Valley Railroad in Essex, CT. Both units were last assigned to Seal Beach, CA where they have been in storage since 2008 after that location switched to trucks. Both units endured a several day journey across the United States to their new home by truck. This video shows both units after arrival on the property. USN 65-00618 is seen being moved around shortly after being placed on its trucks then 65-00359 is seen being lifted off the trailer and placed onto its trucks by a large crane. These two units will be great additions to the Valley's fleet of three operational steam locomotives and several other 80 ton center cabs.
======================================================================================
(A DRIVER'S WORSE NIGHTMARE)! WHEN MEGA SIZED TRAINS GET TOO BIG FOR SIDINGS & BLOCK CROSSINGS!

https://youtu.be/JS9BCqTzOJU

A LOOK AT THE HUGE TRAINS OF THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD(AKA PSR SPECIALS)! ENJOY ALL!
======================================================================================
First Ever Freight Train for a 16 year old Steam Loco! Lawrie Goes a Little Loco Episode 4!

https://youtu.be/l0peYuCH2Ag

Today I get to be one of the first drivers on the newly laid Mease Valley Light Railway. Which is exciting. More so is this engine has done literally nothing over its 16 year history!

If you want to be amongst the first people to ride behind it make sure you come to the Statfold Barn Railway's Enthusiast event on 18th March!

That's a wrap for today, thank you all for dropping in.

Spring is here / Example Helper / Pusher Engine Route / GPU performance

Good day all,

Been enjoying some nice spring days, however it might rain on us Monday, but our storms are lightening up now.

Trainz stuff: Found this really interesting Test Module for adding a Helper Engine to back of train <kuid2:245977:100735:2> Example Helper / Pusher Engine Route.

I give this a lot of Props, too make this operation work as he intended.

Author's Notes:example route (Example Helper / Pusher Engine Route), with matching session (Example Helper / Pusher Engine Session), of a possible set up to use a helper/pusher engine in your route/session. See readme.txt in asset's directory.

Readme File:
This Route (with Session) demonstrates a possible way of running helper/pusher engines. It uses driver commands in combination with track marks and triggers. This setup will handle multiple trains, with or without a helper. There are other ways/variations on how to do this. The trick is to keep AI from locking switches away from the train/helper consist you wish run, see notes below.

I have worked helper service out of Superior, WI USA in the 1980’s (18 miles to the top of the hill). By special instructions, we were supposed to stop and cut off from the assisted train. Engineers communicated by radio on when to go, etc. The train line (brakes) were cut in between the helper engines and the train. Usually the helper was two GP9’s with the assisted train having two or three SD40’s (or equivalent) in the front.

Thanks to the many who posted suggestions on the Forum. Developed and tested on TANE V4.5. Back versioned to 3.7 so Trainz 12 may work (not tested).

This route and session is for public use and is not to be restricted or become the tangible source for “for profit” uses.

And pics of the actual demo in process.

Helper Engine is on stub track awaiting freight to.

Example Train has stopped at pickup point.

Helper Engine has coupled and pushing Freight up the hill, simulation of course.

Freight is on the move after decoupling the Helper.

Helper Engine finished shove up the line, decoupled and is returning to Stub Track and tie down, till next freight comes for Helper Service. Worked flawlessly.

Helper just got Switch clearance here, and is moving to Track position and couple up command next.

Different subject, see the white area on this Route, this means that Trainz is still in the process of Rendering the Route, and I just did a bad thing, I did delete missing assets in the middle of Rendering the tiles for Surveyor mode.

What can happen, well the Route could be corrupted for one, the deletion may be incomplete. So when working with a large Route, check to see it completely finished.

Like all things Graphic, your mileage will very.

This picture here with disappearing tracks, what's that all about. Well the short story, it's an under powered Graphics Card mine that cannot keep up with Pixels, and for me, this is exactly why anything over 12 Tracks I lose continuity of forward views. If you count the number of tracks seen, approx 38 or 3x times what my Graphic card can process, then to add something else, if Scenery is all PBR, I am really hurting my PC GPU with overload.

So what do you do, well, for one, I can decide not play this Route and delete it, or maybe modify, delete some of the trackage, and change out some of the PBR Texture for non PBR.....

Get a new laptop with 6 Gigs of VRam......

And that'll do for today.....Thanks for dropping by.

1 Tile German Route (elegant) / YTube Pics of the week /

Good day all,

Easter came and went so quick, perfect Weather, hope all you had a nice Easter too.

This week I started cataloging all my Routes by Country Region on my Asus Rog, did it all on my small Lenovo and it works nice when your looking for something specific. Only problem I have now, I need to change out my 1 Tera for 2 Tera SSD. Who would have thought 2 yr's ago my Computer would now be full to the Brim. Well, Graphic improvements have upped the File Size remarkably in Trainz and in just normal everyday Photos.

Tonight's Pic, amazing what one can do with one Tile Route, Region is Germany. <kuid:104609:1277> HU short line PerRock

There is 2 sets of Tracks, Electrified and Diesel, so I believe this is a small Branch to serve the Community Farms and small Warehouse operations for trans-loading. Incredible detail. Hats off to PerRock.

Restored & Expanded Rail Yard - Grafton & Upton's Upton Yard - 3/2023 https://youtu.be/6y9Eci1w78Q

Truck SLAMS Train | HIDDEN History https://youtu.be/ltmI9Ipy5AY

This FRA video of a dump truck slamming into a train will certainly get your attention, but look closer and you'll see two very important pieces of railroad history.

Rotary Snow Train - Plowing Donner Pass California - Drone and Ground

https://youtu.be/jc7iUzuE2ak

L'Anse, Green Bay and Pembine! https://youtu.be/RPADK7jvhfk

First as we were leaving L'Anse to go to Green Bay we saw the Canadian National power about to cross US41 so we went for it and got a short video of them going into Koppers yard. Then after checking into our motel room once we were in Green Bay we went looking for trains! I couldn't post all that I shot as it was too bad! lol Alot of the HLCX 1070 was done on the move as we were in an industrial area and not sure where to park

Rebuilt/restored freight railroad tracks in Boston, MA - 3/2023
https://youtu.be/eCuBU96ezGI

As part of the Green Line Extension (GLX) some freight track had to be rebuilt as GLX took some of the previous freight ROW as their own. This resulted in the rebuilding of Yard 9/10 and 21to replace the displaced track. Currently 9/10 is not finished but Yard 21 was rebuilt and is in use.

0:11 / 6:07
Union Pacific train is surprised! by a locomotive ⚠ https://youtu.be/Y2MYZJKJkmA

High-speed train is surprised in the middle of its path by a locomotive

First Ever Freight Train for a 16 year old Steam Loco! Lawrie Goes a Little Loco Episode 4!

https://youtu.be/l0peYuCH2Ag

Today I get to be one of the first drivers on the newly laid Mease Valley Light Railway. Which is exciting. More so is this engine has done literally nothing over its 16 year history!

A Derailed Rail Cart Unloading 78 Foot Long Sticks of Rail https://youtu.be/wkDMG4S3xsg

First freight train in decades - CSX L010 goes to 5 Yard - Readville, MA - 4/10/2023

https://youtu.be/021PIjYEgIg

0:02 / 1:44
EBT 16 Steam 2-8-2 Part 1 at Rockhill, PA 4-8-23 https://youtu.be/BcSLIjsncN0

SD60s On Ballast Trains -Smoke, Run 8, and More!-

This weeks video features and EMD classic...The SD60! A product of the late 1980s, these were some of the last standard cab EMDs built for the class ones back in the day. Having been rebuilt, these ones, on the Canadian Pacific, will be in service for years to come!

This video focuses on Canadian Pacific's former Soo Line SD60s. The rebuild program started in late 2012, and appears to have finished a few years back. With this rebuild program, these locomotives from the late 1980s should have many more years of service in them. We'll see loaded rock trains screaming by in run 8, smoking in the setting sun, and many other places along the way. These EMD classics should be around for a long time to come!

Plowing Snow, Slipping Sprockets, and Breaking a Chain https://youtu.be/y4tw78l8swg

Some runs go quite well. Then there are days like today.

Not quite there yet: GE's u28 and 30 series locomotives. https://youtu.be/BwAYbBK8TFE

Santa Fe did also have EMD FP45’s to complement their passenger U-boats. The FP45’s worked much better. Not to mention they were more familiar to crews thanks to their EMD heritage. The 45’s also lasted in passenger service until Amtrak took over. Heck, a few FP45’s were even briefly used by Amtrak in passenger service before being moved to freight service by the Santa Fe. By that point(to my knowledge) not a single FP45 had even derailed on the mainline, and these locomotives were, just like any EMD hood or cowl unit, insanely reliable. These were easily the best American passenger-oriented diesel locomotives of the 1960s. It’s amazing how good they were as both freight and passenger locomotives, especially considering they were based on a freight locomotive design. EMD was also more experienced than GE when it came to making passenger-oriented diesel locomotives, whereas GE was very new to it and inexperienced when they produced the U28CG. In fact, the U28CG was the first passenger-oriented diesel locomotive they ever built entirely by themselves(unlike in the case of the ALCO PA’s back when they were still partnered with ALCO). And coupled with their turbochargers being more questionable than they are now, well, they were in the perfect trap for not only a failure, but for EMD to come in and stomp them hard. There was a good reason Santa Fe had contacted EMD for a new passenger locomotive at they same time they did GE, because the EMD’s were the ones that won out in the end. Finally the FP45’s were more powerful than those U-boats.

And that my friends is a wrap for today...

Malcom1952 RIP/Roseville Trip/ Misc Pics / YTube Picks of the week.

Good Evening all,

Important stuff 1st, we lost another great friend, Asset Creator, Wealth of knowledge to Cancer this last week! Malcom1952, I hold him in deep regard, a Prince of Gentleman, always helping, he will be missed. Suppose one could say, he is in a better place, however Death is never easy for the living who need to get thru a difficult phase. I'll miss you MAC, God bless and RIP.

Over to Blues house, we got to spend some quality time with Family from Mid West area, they were happy to enjoy our warmer spring weather, there 48 Degrees our 75-85....Remarkable.

And we all took a trip to Roseville to celebrate a Widow's 80th birthday, it's been 5 yrs for her, she still misses him, a victim of Alzheimer's, terrible disease that takes a persons mind away.

I don't have the pictures ready from Roseville, UP Main Yards, will publish them on next message.

Tonight some miscellaneous items, I have been working on.

A Spain Route from my Friend Javier, I am fixing some missing assets and textures etc....Lots of Fun. WIP

I little merge a mania with 10x Routes strips international Route in Europe some where...

A deconstructed MRR Route one tile, adjusting to my needs. For some reason I think I was missing the Tracks that connect these sections. No Big deal.

A beautiful One Tile German Route I plan on either merging with another like small Route, this has wonderful Textures.

Reason for this Picture, I liked the added high pressure Piping they added to the old building.

This Routehas some issues with the way the Roadways are linked together, so I need to unstitch and restitch the Roads together, they can be finicky.

I this picture, I need to go thru and puts some curves and Water plants to take out the saw tooth effect.

This is a Magazine I subscribe too, it gives a terrific info on our Railroad Health that industry highlights.

Railway Agehttps://www.railwayage.com

East Coast Midwest, I don't know where it is from I think it was an electrified line at one time. I suspect the 2 tracks below belong to Freight operation.

And my Y Tube Picks of the week:

Scenes from the Shop (2012 - 2013) https://youtu.be/QS7NZuZWmGM

Over the last few years, APSL has released a few videos using footage filmed at the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad shop complex that had been archived for some time, such as "Keeping the Thunder Rolling" and our series "WMSR Through the Years". With hours' worth of footage filmed on site from 2007 - 2018, it is hard to tell if or when some of the footage will be used in projects or just archived.

As our first video for the new year, we have dug into the archives and found a vast majority of shop scenes that were filmed in 2013 and feature sights such as the Winter servicing of 734's Baker Valve Gear, installation of many new tubes, as well as preparations during the spring on various equipment around the yards.

A FAB time driving Thunderbird 4! Lawrie Goes Loco Ep. 36 https://youtu.be/cA6nKNrshxk

First train in 30 years - CSX delivers car at restored customer, Myles Standish Industrial - 4/28/23

For the first time in about 30 years a freight train crossed John Hancock Dr. in Taunton, MA to reach the customer across the street. Over the past year the end of the industrial track at the Myles Standish Industrial Park has been being restored for freight use. The customer apparently will be receiving tank cars with a new piping system shown at the end of the video. The video shows CSX local L007 dropping off a single tank car on the restored customer track for the first time.

The Swindonised industrial, 813! - Lawrie Goes Loco Episode 4. https://youtu.be/UYxlEZyCycA

Hello everyone, I've finally got myself onto a steam locomotive for a video, and we've set the bar extremely high, with the Hudswell Clarke known as 813, which was visiting the East Anglian Railway Museum from the Severn Valley Railway for the Museums steam gala, and I was lucky enough to be trusted with the regulator.

Flemington branch of the Bel-Del railroad. Starting point and other goodies. https://youtu.be/3hjPyNFCuC4

Hello everyone. Today we are going to start a look at some of the Flemington branch of the Bel-Del railroad. Now owned by the Black River and Western, this line is not abandoned, but it is obviously out of service. There was and is hope to restore service back to Lambertville NJ, however it will take a lot of work and time. There are a couple of points of interest here including the bridge over the Delaware and Raritan canal and the spray paint railcar. Thanks for watching. 4/16/23 Just wanted to say that the OH on the rail does not stand for Ohio. It stands for open hearth.

How CSX Built a 35 mile Double Track Main Line Using Only 1500 Feet of New Track https://youtu.be/4zZQtX6sh20

How CSX created a double track Main out of their Rice Yard at Waycross by utilizing an old, underused subdivision. I tracked the project from Waycross over to Nahunta and back.

Behind The Scenes With 1309 (Part 1) https://youtu.be/Yr7IXEKb0ts

With Trains Magazine having released their Documentary on Western Maryland Scenic Railroad 1309, "Steaming the last Baldwin", and with the publishment of the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad's FMW commissioned Documentary on the 1309, "Allegany Rails" being released as a fundraising tool, we at APSL have decided to release our own two-part companion program, "Behind The Scenes With 1309", to compliment these two great programs.

Part 1 features scenes of the 1309 during preparations for its move from the B&O Railroad Museum in Baltimore to its new home on the WMSR at Cumberland. At Cumberland, we catch back up with the 1309 and you will see scenes such as CSX delivering the 1309 as well as the unloading of "Maryland Thunder".

Unusual Friday chase of Pan Am Railways BO-1 https://youtu.be/QKPgNIIacbI

Chasing an unusual Friday run of Pan Am Railways BO-1/CSX L055 which usually serves Rousselot Gelatin Plant in Peabody, MA on Tuesdays and Thursdays

Restored Railroad: G&U Hopedale Terminal Rail Yard https://youtu.be/jAQdi2X2QmU

In this video we take a look at the Grafton & Upton's Hopedale Terminal located at the restored Hopedale Rail Yard. Rail service to Hopedale was restored in 2012 and since then has grown exponentially. A number of different commodities move through this yard as it acts as a transload point where freight is transferred between trains and trucks. In this video from March 2023 we take a look around the facility from public locations showing the various freight and even some trucks entering/exiting the terminal.

The 2 in EMD' 1-2. The EMD GP 9 (Note: The RS-11 made 50HP more then the GP 9 not the 7. My mistake.) https://youtu.be/kU7s_Fds3Qk

The RoadRailer, A wasted Idea?? In-Depth look at how they built the Triple Crown RoadRailer trains https://youtu.be/s1PF8EzXX-Y

Kereta lori di jembatan tua yang megah https://youtube.com/shorts/DDGv2GbZreM?feature=share

Railroad Wrecking Crane, DMIR X7, Inside Tour & Lifting A Great Northern Ranch Car https://youtu.be/OJJj35P3_FE

The DMIR X7 is a rare survivor of the cutting torch. Having been in active wreck service on the Missabe until 2001, it was then sold to the Wisconsin Great Northern Railroad in Trego, WI.

To be abandoned? Final months of train BO-1 to Rousselot, Peabody, MA - 4/13/2023 https://youtu.be/dfJtf4G4KLE

With the impending closure of the Rousselot Plant on the S. Reading Industrial Track in Peabody, MA I made another effort to capture the train BO-1's normal operations on the line. With the closure date estimated to be in June or July approaching I decided to get a few different shots than I got in the previous chase for better historical documentation. Given the various factors like no other customers, rumors about redevelopment of the plant property, and history of other closed lines it could easily become a bike path making this train's last days extremely significant.

First freight train in decades - CSX L010 goes to 5 Yard - Readville, MA - 4/10/2023 https://youtu.be/021PIjYEgIg

Back in the day 5 yard in Readville, MA once was the home to the New Haven Railroad shops. This was once a bustling place full of activity but closed in the 1950's. After that the yard found use as an auto yard as well as a overflow yard for nearby industries. Unfortunately that traffic only lasted into the 70's or 80's then was relegated to MOW use. Since then the yard has been removed but the yard lead remains by the MBTA Readville Station for MOW use. In some interesting turn of events a one off transformer move happened and I was able to capture it. This is the first freight move in many years and who knows when or if there may be another one.

Everyone have a good weekend.

EMD GM6C experimental high-powered C-C electric locomotive in USA

A blessed Sunday to all,

Was going thru some Old Locomotive Pictures and this one caught my eye, when you think about current situations, with News Breaks like yesterday, they are trying to get all Semi Trucks and Railroad Locomotives to be all Electric by year 2050. One astute individual asked the proverbial question, we are short Electrical Charging capacity in the National Grid, where is all this Electrical Capacity going to come from by 2050? :hehe:

Does anyone know if something similar is available for Trainz, Payware included?

Ironically the locomotive below was made for Demonstration, 6000 Horsepower, and you can read the Results below.

EMD GM6C experimental high-powered C-C electric locomotive in USA

https://locomotive.fandom.com/wiki/EMD_GM6C

Electric Locomotives, EMD locomotives, Unique Locomotives, and 10 more EMD GM6C

EMDX (or GM) #1975; the only GM6C ever built.

EMD GM6C was an experimental high-powered C-C electric locomotive, produced by EMD in 1975. It used a frame and running gear setup identical to that of the SD40-2. It developed a diesel equivalent of 6,000 hp.

Like the GM10B; its high-speed B-B-B cousin, it was the only locomotive of its kind produced. The GM6C was intended for low to medium speed freight drag service in the eastern United States. However, when interest in electrified freight services ceased, the locomotive was sidelined, and eventually scrapped.

BC Rail purchased seven similar locomotives; known as GF6C's, for heavy-haul coal drag service on the Tumbler Subdivision in northeastern British Columbia. They were designed and manufactured by EMD's Canadian subsidiary GMD and Sweden's ASEA during the 1980's, and operated until around 2000.

The GF6C was mechanically identical to the GM6C, but had a cowled car body and a three-window Canadian Safety Cab. They were also equipped with ASEA designed high-tension pantographs, drawing current from a 50 kV catenary. The internal construction and wiring was made entirely modular to ease repairs and maintenance, since it was so difficult to ship new

Before being scrapped, the lone GM6C became a load-test unit for EMD's LaGrange, Illinois shops.

One GF6C, number 6001, has been preserved on static display. This unit is special in that it was used as the test locomotive for Tumbler Subdivision operations, fitted with numerous sensors and paired with a test car for almost a year before coal service kicked in. It remains close to home, at the Railway and Forestry Museum in Prince George, BC.

The GM6C, along with its cousin the GM10B, is one of the only types of electric locomotives ever built entirely by EMD. Other companies collaborated with EMD to produce types such as the AEM-7 under license.

Trivia

Before being scrapped, the lone GM6C became a load-test unit for EMD's LaGrange, Illinois shops.

One GF6C, number 6001, has been preserved on static display. This unit is special in that it was used as the test locomotive for Tumbler Subdivision operations, fitted with numerous sensors and paired with a test car for almost a year before coal service kicked in. It remains close to home, at the Railway and Forestry Museum in Prince George, BC.

The GM6C, along with its cousin the GM10B, is one of the only types of electric locomotives ever built entirely by EMD. Other companies collaborated with EMD to produce types such as the AEM-7 under license.

https://www.google.comEMD+GM6C experimental high-powered C-C electric locomotive in USA

Good Evening,

What have I been up too? Got rid of all my Faulty Assets from recent Rts I downloaded and finally finished all my Region updates. Also got rid of 5-6 Routes that were had issues with Faulty stuff I couldn't clear up.

<kuid:57443:100941> Western Star Railroad Cute little NG Rte to play with by "whammo"

The Western Star Railroad is a fictional 36-inch narrow gauge model railroad type route set in the Western United States during the Old West era. It travels between the city of Dry Gulch and the small village of Hideaway Corners and services several mines along the way. Some unique features it has include: An underground mine, as well as some 18-inch mine tracks to other mines. A hidden mesa Valley scene (hint: you need to go underground to see it). A secret Area 51 (on its own layers, so it can be hidden if needed. Wagon trains you can take around the entire route. (Most roads are drivable). You can catch these wagons in front of the goods shed near the station in Dry Gulch. A modest sized yard with engine facilities to store your own narrow gauge rolling stock. Many thanks to all the content creators who make so much for the rest of us. In particular Frank_Dean, Elvenor, pencil42 and dangavel whose assets are used extensively in this route. Users may do as they wish with the route as long as I am given credit for the original route

Amherst to Truro Route

<kuid:335892:100553> Clairemont Industrial Park

Author's Notes: jeff1955 Assets only and jeff1959 Rt's only

A switching puzzle, loosely based on the old 'Timesaver' one. This is set a fictitious industrial park sometime in the early 2000's in East Claire, WI. It's served by the Wisconsin Central.

<kuid2:995947:101864:2> ML Blocs - Old European Town

A set of blocks of old buildings to copy and paste to quickly create an old city. This is an assembly of existing buildings in the DLS. See the dependencies for a list of buildings creators.

Lindia D29-10 - v.0.995 Polish Route WIP process

It was missing about 30-35 Assets. It's a nice size Route, that was electrified for Locomotives. So I am doing a restoration on it now, 3/4 of of the Switch machines and Signals were missing. Some trackage. It's 50% Passenger and the other half freight operation. I plan on putting in some more Industrial Plants here and there.

The part that determines Electrification Redo predicates whether my GPU is strong enough to handle the infrastructure along with all the Rolling Stock and Locomotives combined. So rebuilding the Electrification will be the last phase of restoration or not depending on Frame degradation.

My other project is finishing this Route, that my Friend Javier put together.

Ruta de la Plata-Proyecto Baños Spain (stopped on this one for now, while I work on others)

Rute Jakarta Arifa (Indonesian on hold for now, mega merge of 11x parts)

Unfortunately for me, I had to go again to Dentist Tooth Repair and Implants, for aging teeth, yup you guessed it, I am getting older. No fun, but I have a great Dentist and Oral Surgeon. IF I would say anything, take good care of your teeth, you only get one set in this life.

Blue's Y Tube Picks of the week: Had lots of fun watching Oregon Shortline RR operations and some Alturas, Northern California.

https://railroadfan.com/wiki/index.php/Goose_Lake_Railway

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_County_Railroad

http://www.trainweb.org/highdesertrails/index.html

R 2.0 - Idaho Northern & Pacific Railroad - Joseph Branch https://youtu.be/EG-aWHF_VVQ

Join us as we head to Northeastern Oregon and the current day operations on the historic Union Pacific Joseph Branch. Filmed in the winter of 2020 this is the next installment in our exploration of Oregon's surviving Railroad.

Remembering the Modoc Northern https://youtu.be/t7xmfdpg7M8

The Modoc Northern was a short line railroad that operated on the former Southern Pacific's Modoc Line between Klamath Falls, Oregon and Alturas, California.
It had a short life span of only 3 1/2 years from November 2005 to May, 2009.
This program shows the Modoc Northern on its inaugural run on November 5, 2006 and features a cab ride between Klamath Falls and Tulelake. On April 18, 2006 we chase the train between Tulelake and Alturas.

R 4.1 - Mount Hood Railroad - Part 1 https://youtu.be/w0wA6w1_MsM

Join us in the as we head to the northern reaches of Oregon along the mighty Columbia River to explore the Mount Hood Railroad. As we explore this well known short line we will encounter vast orchards, river canyons, a century of history and of course Mt Hood itself.

CPKC 374 Waddling Through The Floodwaters. #steelhighway https://youtu.be/R0aGDuIP1kk

CPKC 374(CSXT 3444) waddling through the floodwaters Sunday afternoon south of Bellevue, IA on the CPKC Marquette Subdivision. Other location(s) where CPKC 374 was spotted: Massey Station.

Industrial Critters and Alco Switchers https://youtu.be/Fmgd4hoS96E

A quiet day on the rails proved to be equally quiet for the Buffalo Southern contract switching operation at the Sumitomo Rubber plant in Tonawanda, NY, as their primary GE 45 Tonner sat cold and dark with no work taking place for the day while their Alco S2 switcher sat out of service nearby. Moving south into Buffalo, I happen upon the industry switcher at Aurubis Buffalo, wrapping up work with their primary GE 80 Tonner while an Alco S4 sat nearby, also out of service!
Filmed 5/4/2023

Rainy Day on DLWR's Lancaster Division https://youtu.be/UyETZBnrGlo

It was another chilly and rainy day in Western New York, as more spring showers soaked the region on this second of May. Despite the weather, I made my way track side in Depew, NY where I caught up the crew of Depew, Lancaster & Western Railroad's DL-1 working Casey's Truck Salvage! With the use of ex-Albany Port Railroad EMD SW9 #13, the crew delivered an empty scrap gondola after pulling out four loads, before continuing west to work the interchange with Norfolk Southern!
Filmed 5/2/2023

Smokin' S6 on DLWR's Batavia Division https://youtu.be/ilMrHcF7B-k

After a rainy visit to the Depew, Lancaster & Western Railroad in Depew and Lancaster, NY, I decided to head east to Batavia as the rain cleared up to catch the DLWR's BT-1 working around Batavia with their coal-rolling Alco S6! Filmed 5/2/2023

East Broad Top Railroad: The Spectacular M-1 Doodlebug https://youtu.be/x93rSubyPAA

Feb 28, 2023
The final part of my visit to the East Broad Top Railroad earlier this month for the Winter Spectacular events was a mini chase of their M-1 gas powered “Doodlebug”. This car is essentially an earlier version of a Rail Diesel Car (RDC) which have been featured on this channel several times. The M-1 is the only existing gas-electric locomotive, meaning it uses gasoline instead of diesel to power a generator that provides electricity to electric motors in the car’s trucks. This car was definitely unique and cool to see, as it was the first of its type I had ever seen. The next time I make a visit to the EBT, I hope to be able to ride on board!

I bought a loco. https://youtu.be/b4yuM9VeJLU

Train comes to a DEAD STOP!!! shopping cart on the tracks. A good Samaritan saves the day

Train comes to a DEAD STOP!!! shopping cart on the tracks. A good Samaritan saves the day!!! Filmed in Kokomo, Indiana on 2023-04-27

Music City Star WeGo - Mt Juliet to Nashville Riverfront head end railfan window RFW https://youtu.be/lc0kHnnItmg

January 30, 2023 train #160 on Music City Star WeGo commuter rail

Episode 15: Switching Stanley Soap https://youtu.be/_no9ofE71QU

Apr 27, 2023 The yard crew moves four boxcars from Track 5 to Track 6 so it can spot a New York Central boxcar at Stanley Soap.

Train 5956 and Tie Crane https://youtu.be/A1URoyG0MBM

Apr 20, 2023 Union Pacific Train 5956 was in Oregon. The Ohio SPMW 8003 Crane and the BTC 1001 Tie Crane were just sitting on the 2nd track.

Ok Folks, I think this is a Wrap.. Have a great Friday and wonderful weekend.

Blue's trip to Roseville

Thought I would share my trip, originally we planned a flight, but since travel wasn't to bad, and bonus Scenery, Trains and a nice UP Freight Yard in Roseville.

We stayed in nice little house for about 5 days, while we celebrated our Friends 80th birthday, and 5 yrs a Widow. Since I was dedicated driver I couldn't take any Photos, but checked around the Web and came up with some good info on Roseville Yard and some Pictures with a Y Tube Video.

I can tell you, there was lots and lots of long 2 mile Trainz coming and going thru the yards to destinations unknown.

https://www.up.com/aboutup/train_town/roseville_ca/index.htm

In the late 1800s, at the intersection of the Central Pacific and California Central railroads, sat a town known as Junction. In 1906, when the railroad transferred is terminal facilities from Rocklin to Roseville, Roseville began to develop into a major West Coast railroad center and was incorporated in 1909.

The railroad always has been one of the area's most important economic development engines, spurring trade, supporting the growth of the agriculture industry and ancillary businesses, increasing residential development, and serving as one of the major employers in the area with a peak of about 6,000 employees in the 1940s and 50s.

In 1996 when Union Pacific acquired Southern Pacific, it commenced a $145 million expansion program in Roseville, which was dedicated in 1999, marking the return of Roseville as a major West Coast rail center. The completely rebuilt 780-acre Roseville yard reflects Union Pacific's commitment to its customers to provide world-class transportation services, and for the community, the expansion marked a joyous occasion signaling once again, that Roseville was the most important railroad center west of the Mississippi River.

Marking the entrance to downtown Roseville is the Southern Pacific steam locomotive, No. 2252, a static display that pays homage to Roseville's railroad heritage.

The revitalized Historic Old Town and Downtown Roseville include a viewing platform of the rail yard. Roseville celebrated its centennial anniversary in 2009, with Union Pacific providing strong financial and community support. UP employees rode the city's railroad-themed float, along with the Roseville City Council, waving to the crowds along the Pasadena parade route in the 2009 Rose Parade. The City of Roseville has long enjoyed a strong partnership with Union Pacific, working on areas of mutual interest for the benefit of the community and commerce.

https://railyards.com/about/location-map

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/union-pacific-yard-locomotives-roseville.html?sortBy=relevant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCannlNRdRw

https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,4476546

https://www.comstocksmag.com/snap/full-steam-ahead

Lastly everyone is acutely about 52-57 feet that fell in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, especially Donner's Pass, this next part is interesting in the fact, that UP has to keep the passes clear for Train, Inter-modal especially this is Route is vital to California Western Coast Corridors.

https://www.rtands.com/freight/unio...-fighters-keep-service-running-in-california/

Mothers Day/UP Local Industry/SNCF Signals/YTube Pics

Good Evening all,

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day, a time to reflect.

This week I played around with several Routes, especially some European ones in French areas, I have been quite busy learning about SNCF Signaling System, reason being, one of the Routes I was adding some tile extensions, I found the older style Signal systems were not giving me proper lights for Track conditions. Ended up ripping out about 3 miles of Signals and installing some different ones. Once I figured out what went where, and proper Signals installed.

https://sites.google.com/site/signauxmecaniquessncfenglish/introduction?authuser=0

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mark_vogel/3477413451/in/album-72157617271169939/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mark_vogel/albums/72157617271169939/

What SNCF stands for?
Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer Français (SNCF), English French National Railways, state-owned railroad system of France, formed in 1938.Mar 20, 2023

In addition, I working on Norwegian Alps Rte from another Author, making some changes in the Track layout and Elevation issues for extreme Grades.

Tonight's Pictures little of this and that.

Foreign Power working a thru Inter model freight to Los Angeles Pier

Steam Engine in Tunnel on San Miguel Island

This is old Line going up 4% coming on 12% Grade, needs a change.

All this Line has to be redone, if I am going to run any sizable Freight up this hills.

Whoa, another 16% plus down grade, hats off to these Engineers, with no dynamic braking.....Scary!

Take a look at the elevations and Drops.

Going to take a while but will get the job done.

And now Blue's Y Tube Pics of the week.

Activity at the Seaview Railroad - Davisville, RI - 5/2023 https://youtu.be/aUk8NO6guAk

In this video we see what was going on at the Seaview Railroad during a quick visit earlier this month. 1855 is seen switching propane tank cars, we see what's new at the shop, as well as the relocated rebar transload operation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Bedford Rail Yard rebuild for South Coast Rail - 5/12/2023 https://youtu.be/dT01VkNh-uk

In this video we see the latest work on the South Coast Rail project at the New Bedford Rail Yard and Station. Track work is underway including realigning a freight track, installing a crossover, and building the station track.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CUT-IN HELPERS at LOOKOUT! How they do it Union Pacific Cascade Sub https://youtu.be/T5-W32WBajI

Here’s how UP uses cut in helpers on a 99 car grain train and how they calculate where to put them in. Follow a short distance while a Canadian Pacific train operates over the Cascades of Oregon on UP.
High-Tech Railroads: Union Pacific's Harriman Dispatching Center Guides Trains Across America

https://youtu.be/uU080ixw8aY

Mike Lenzen, general director of bulk operations at the Harriman Dispatching Center, gives us a tour of the complex facility where 800 employees work around the clock to ensure the smooth operation of Union Pacific's entire rail operation. For more visit http://tour.americaspower.org.
NS 10G With a Rare R.J. Corman Power Move!!! https://youtu.be/qDt95nOQFNQ

NS 10G had some pretty special R.J. Corman units on it. This was unexpected, but very cool to see. Sorry for the shaking footage, lol. I have no idea if these units are gonna stay in service, or get scrapped. As far as I know, 10G dropped these units off to get picked up by C52. The C52 local then took these units to Cresson. I'll keep updated on these units if any news comes out.
Trillium spotting! St Catharine’s Yale street. https://youtu.be/LU_FcFyNc1E
The non deleted clips of MI-61s crew running the MI-21 train from Millville to Vineland, (4/27/23). https://youtu.be/--Q-ULRBgJ0
Meet The Schnabels; The WORLD'S LARGEST Railcars! https://youtu.be/gdpHAowtbac

In today's video, we go over the Schnabel; one of the strangest railcar out there. We take a look at how they work, what kind of cargo they carry, and why they are almost never seen out on the mainline.
BNSF 7829 R.I.P 1998-2002 https://youtu.be/sVGDYZpOAIE
Santa Fe 2926 Makes Its Maiden Voyage https://youtu.be/zqrsrS5ZSP4

On May 6, 2023, Santa Fe 4-8-4 steam locomotive 2926 made its first run out of its restoration site. This would be the engine’s maiden run following its restoration that started back in 2002. The run would be to Tractor Brewing Co., a distance of only 0.5 miles. While short, it was a major breakthrough for the NMSL&RHS. All that’s next is a run on the NMRX mainline!

And that's a wrap, thanks for dropping in.

Last edited:
Thanks as always Blue! That last one is great to see. The more restores the better!

Good Morning Forester1,

Thank you sir for the kind comments, and believe or not, as I preview my Post before sending it, I was looking at all Y Tube Stuff, thought, I think I'll look for one more time in my Historical for Train items and I just happened to run across this one.

So it worked out. Plus I like to see things like this, Railroads etc that are brought back for one reason or another. At the way we are advancing into the Digital Future, at an alarming trend, these things are quite obsolete in many respects, but the value of items in many ways are Vintage and Special.

There is English Gentleman I follow in Y Tube, and he just bought Relic of old Engine for restoration. And I enjoy following his Stories as he is one passionate and caring person who realizes that old discarded things still have value.

An in-depth look at the Locomotive Saved from Scrap!

https://youtu.be/JPP8CUVO4UY

Well. It's home. Thanks to you lovely lot. Now the hard work begins, but just how bad is Ruston 393303 the locomotive rescued from scrap?

Back