Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Florida East Coast Rte on a blustery day.

Good evening all,

I have been busy working Ruta De La Plata, and it appears I have finished the parts that need be done for multiple merge procedure, now the Route will return to Javier for his improvements etc. From here I plan on playing with some of the several Routes I have downloaded in the last month or two.

In addition, it is customary to accept the fact, with new Routes and dependencies, you also get the nice gifts of Faulty and/or missing dependencies to go with your nice Routes....IT appears I have amassed about 1100 of these problem makers. So it will take a bit, but will get the mess sorted out in due time.

Tonight we have a trip to beginning in the Florida Keys, on Florida and Eastern RR, by MSGSapper.......

A Cold blustery morning we prepare to start our Northern Trip, Rain or Shine ,will be leaving this area soon.......

Sun has arisen, now as we come into brightly lit Hotels in a quaint Keys beach area......South end of the Route.

An earlier Picture as we come thru a foggy area. Last of a starry night....

Can't even see the Blue Ocean today as the Storm comes in off the Coast.....

Here we can see some of the Ocean in between the Rain Breaks......I might turn out to not be such a rainy day after all.. Just wait five minutes and the Rain will stop here....OR ??

Wind is at our backs here, the Palms are leading hard to the left as they normally do during one of these Spring Storms......

Over here, we have finished our Loop around the end of the line, and now begin our leg North along the Florida Keys.......

That'll due for tonight......Thank you for dropping in and have a Blessed Sunday.

Last edited:
Mmm, nice shots Blue!

~~~~~~~~
Just a pic of my WIP route - peaceful lake sub division
8VtdbcL.jpg

Cheers

Nice screenshots Blue.
The railroad crossing streets is an image that here in Spain I think we will not see again.

Greetings

Javier

:( As is here too in the States, lots of tracks have been ripped out of the streets, for one reason or another, I used to watch Southern Pacific, SW1200-1500 go downtown Los Angeles on Spring Street circa 1955-1965 I think, long, long, time ago, when I was knee high to a Tadpole....LOL

if I remember delivering tons of Boxcars with Produce, Xmas Trees you name, there would be Flares left burning in the Street to warn Traffic a Train was ahead short distance working Shunting late at night....Miss that so much, but then Traffic then and now is so bad, they couldn't allow that operation anymore....:'(

Thank you for dropping by.....I downloaded the assets and added them into TRS19, will see how it works out........:wave:

:D And this is looking good too......What do have planned for this Route in the way of Industries Etc??;)

:wave: Thanks for dropping in Ole Friend......
Thank you!
If you know my Midwestern route, it'll be something like that, but I'm hoping I can squeeze in a few more;)

Cheers

Good Tuesday all,

Well the Ruta De La Plata Route for merge is finished and delivered to Javier......Now with that completed, I move onto Florida East Coast RR and we are going to take a long trip here and see a few things....

The Route is masterfully done, I really like it, and it doesn't take an hour to know you are in Florida and the associated Weather for them......Colors lighting, Texture, Type of low lying mini Islands all give the feel of the closeness to the
Ocean there.......

It's 4:35hrs early in the morning, as we leave the Loop in the keys Island.

Nice looking Water Tower here and other items of interest as we slowly, 10mph take the curve and head North on the Route.

Looking here as we cross between Islands with only a Rail Bridge here, and if the Storm is in the area, then Rail Travel has to be curtailed for safety of Crew and Passengers. We probably are only 10 feet above the Ocean. I knew I was missing something here, look at how perfect the water Color is here, a grand job of perfect coloration to match up the mainland.......

In shortest space of small barrier Islands here, we come to a working Swivel Bridge, which, almost made us crash here....I know now to slow our speed to a Crawl and make sure the Bridge is aligned for us, not for the ships.

Here is a long view of the Space, over a mile long as we go over a heavier bridge as we make our way to the mainland portion of this trip.

And this is one of the longer Concrete Bridge here as we cross the last part before we hit the Florid mainline

Over here we are leaving the Florida Keys heading Northbound into the State of Florida area away from off shore the islands.

We come off the Florida Keys branch-line, and come into Double Mainline operation now. Coming thru a Crossing here, need to adjust the timing of it, I was too close to Crossing before it activated....

That will do it for today....Hope you enjoyed the pictures here....I will bring some more.....

Good evening all,

Today was Dr Apps day for us, and help some friends with Living Trusts, etc, before I knew it, It is Friday morning and I had planned to do this early afternoon...Time flies whether your having fun or not, lol.....

Ok so I also was fooling around some with Florida and Eastern Rte too,,a bit today, I decided I want to merge some strips into it at the Jacksonville or top part of Florida, to have a turnaround U part that goes back down part to 1/2 way, then comes back into the double track main.....

Then I go this crazy idea of maybe merging the Cattaraugus Creek & Lake Erie Railroad into the top end, since the height difference is a mere 15 feet of Elevation, which means I add 1-2 Tiles at the top for nice curve to the left....Crazy, yes, you know I am when it comes to merges, practical, well will see....?

So for now, will look at some more of the areas as we head up North from the Florida Keys to Jacksonville, the one thing I need to do better is figure out where all the Passenger Stations are so I don't pass them by a Country Mile and get the Ridership Upset....LOL....I missed 2 stations already and had to back up......Finally I went up, well I flew up over the Tracks and pinpointed the next Station, this time, 3 try is a charm and I stopped perfectly....

Left the Keys and heading thru several small cities....Now.

Looks like this area is Titusville here. Will stop and pickup a huge amount customers headed upstate.
Side view out of Locomotive Cb doing about 65MPH on long straight tracks here...

Another Passenger Station coming up ahead as we slow our Consist down, to stop in the right spot this time...

Just leaving the Station and headed out.....SO far, so good....

Along shot shows there is much more of this Route left to see for us today...I know what I was going to say,
I had some Negative frame rates in here with the mass of Trees, so I am taking out 20% now to see if that improves it a bit...
I know I need little stronger NVIDIA, but not sure I can change this one out, The techs tell me, some of these Laptops
Graphics Card is hard Soldered in so no upgrades....I using 4VRam Card for now.....GTX 1080i

Looks like INDIAN RIVER Town or Station Stop here....

Our line is clear so far on this side......Little bit Hazy in the early morning now....
Tully Fog maybe...There are huge Ponds and Water areas like Louisiana area. Very muggy here to this morning after the heavy Rain couple of days ago.....

And good use of Road Advertisements through out the layout.....That'll do for today, I will see you all in couple of 2 or 3 days to post some more pics, and let you know about the merge plans.......

Last edited:
Good Evening all,

I think Summer found us this weekend, it was in the 90's and possibly 100 in a day or two, will see. Ironally, our California Fires already started too......

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=california+fires+2019

http://www.fire.ca.gov/general/firemaps

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/09/us/west-coast-heat-wave/index.html

So will see how this Fire season treats us........

On to the Routes, I have merged a few Route pieces together with the Florida East Coast Route, I need to add some Blank Tiles into the merge for connection points. Elevation is fine, no problems there. I will put up some more pictures when I get a chance, so you can see what I did on the merging....

Tonight we drop back to Marias Pass, the Croud Favorite....I haven't worked on it since last October. Wow does time fly when your having fun.....

We are on the middle of the Route here going thru some of the areas I retextured and changed some of the Rails etc.

This area I made some Rail hookups to small Farms and Ranches.....Were doing some Shunting of Gons for Building materials Etc.

Ovwer in this area, I took a small Canyon area, and redid it, and enlarged the area to handle some additional Quarry operations etc. Here is a load of Ties that are going to the Quarry Mines for posting and blocking the mine shafts.

Due to the large diverse Industries here, we have lots of Junk Trains coming in to supply the industries here. I had to cut the slope downward here for 2.5% down Grade and it works great. Todays load is lots of different building materials coming in....

A view from above here shows the mainline as a train heads down the slops to drop-off some loads in the mine area.

One of our local Switch Engines is grabbing some Diesel Fuel here....

String of full Gravel Gons headed out to the mainlines above us..

I like these low single Target aspect lights here, they don't take much space and they work perfect for my signaling needs.

Over on the Valley Sub Mainline we are bringing some of Ice Breaker Cars to run thru our Tunnels and make sure Clearance is what it should be, since Tunnels have somewhat different temp inside from Ambient temp outside, we do have residual Ice Dams that stick around longer after winter. So with these special cars will be make sure no leftover Icicles are left to damage our Engines as they pass thru the tunnels in high mountain passes here...

That'll do for now....Night all, thanks for dropping by....

Marias Pass New Sand& Gravel Pit Operations

Good evening all,

Here is our new Sand and Gravel Pit....and a few other industries....We have lots of potential here for years of business as we process raw materials for the Customers needs.

Our Coal mine is producing well, below ground, here our Silo is filling empty Gons for todays transport to Power Companies......

We have several grades of Gravel produced here, everything used for small jobs to skyscrapers ,we can supply here....

Locals come and go from several strategically placed tracks here to the mine and Sand Pits below......And it looks like our weather is holding well too....

This week we nice tall Micro Wave tower for better communications down in the San Pit, which is lower than any other part of the Route hence we need to capture better Signal Strength.

Lots of Gondolas getting surplus scrap here, and fresh Boxcars with materials for our Mining Crews........

NSSW local Pool Power is working in the mines today filling consists loads,,,,,At our SandStore Depot, pun intended...LOL

North Western Unit bringing in more loads for the Mine,,,,,,We use Triple Head Signal to get the maximum Loads in the many team tracks we have provided for mining and Sand/Gravel operations allowing for several unit trains to access our mins 24 hours a day,

Slight blooper here, I had one too many Mine loaders and put one off to the side........

And our last shot shows the whole mining area and pits with main line access.......I am playing on another Route now, so Marias pass will be in Idle mode for a while as I modify this other Route I downloaded......

Night all and thanks for dropping by tonight.......

Last edited:
Loram Grinder Train in City of Industry/Marias Pass/Cattaraugus&Lake Erie Photos

Good Evening all,

Hope all had a nice Father's day, I sure did, with my almost grown up Grand Kids......

So in the past in City of Industry on UP Mainline Tracks south end of town, Original UP Tracks, North ones are Fallen Flag SP Trackage that is bought out by UP long ago......South point tracks had there Ties and Rail Plates replaced with Gravel work.....

Loram Grinder 10 Car Grinder Unit is brought in too set the Rails to UP Specs, Here are some quick pics I took of the train, I didn't have time for night picture unfortunately,,,,Would have loved to had that some of those...

Maria's Pass picture here showing some Coal Load consists shunting upwards to the main lines for pickup.....

Cattaraugus Creek & Lake Erie Railroad Next:

Old SP reliable horses pulling a good string of loads out for shippers. We are pulling them out of one of the longer team tracks that cross connect to Grain Silo and Oil/LNG operations on the other side here, there is one heck of lot commerce going on in this dock area.......

One thing I might do here is change the type of Dock Rails used, I have a horrible time getting them to set right into the ground so i want to experiment with some different ones to see if I can do better on the height to Ground ratio......?

As we continue pulling across the Dock Yard area, u see some of Wood Spline cars in the background.

New Track I put along the edge of the highway here to feed the Scrap Yard operations.

Back of the Dock is single line track here, I have since double tracked this line to allow bypass operations so as not hold up Gantry Loads here. One of the reasons, this area is going to have a lot more Car movement going on once i que up everything and have the trackage the way I want it to be for Shunting operations....With 3-4 Shunting operations or more going on in the Doc area......

Old style signal house and I really like it too.......Very nicely made......And I aint tearing it out either, it's a keeper, for a very long time......

We pass our old Flying "A" Gasoline Station here in town, they have the best Auto Service Mechanics working around the clock, keeping these simple cars running.....Not like today's computer models....were used too, with 200-300 sensers for everything and then some things that run or and record our cars actions...LOL!!

Currently I continue to work on Florida East Coast Route, making some changes, here and there, 2 small Layouts modules have been added to Florida Route, and I will need to add some more Blank Tiles for connection between certain spots of the upper, middle, and lower Sections of the route.....Should work well since elevation is minimal of 15-30 feet of Grade height, easy for me to work with....My aim was to add some more Driving mileage with some other types of Industrial leads.....

That'll due for now.....Enjpy your week ahead then....Thanks for dropping by......

Last edited:
Good Day all,

Today will show some more Cattaraugus Creek & Lake Erie Railroad shots, as we continue testing and modifying team Tracks etc......
Over here we have outgoing loads headed to points and Portals unknown.....LOL

Out on the main tracks is our first train consist headed to a Portal consume for now......Say bye Bye....

Weather is perfect as we edge up towards the end of this Route...........

And as we head thru the last set of hills here, good speed going to North Portal Control area.

Our hustler crews look over there orders as they get ready to move a whole lot more cars for Shunting Jobs. We still have some more Trains on the Mainline awaiting clearance orders to come in with loads and empties etc........That'a Dispatches Job to work out, so will see where the day ends......

One thing I like here is these Units have safety Red Lights when not pulling Loads around......

This is our new metal recycling Factory with new Team tracks. All working well together for Scrap and new materials use.

This is the outside scrap Materials area, 3 Leads and plenty of scrap to handle......

Trailers lay out here for new loads, the Bill Board art is quite striking and well done.
Further away, we have lots of Boxcars with Fruits and Veggies and everything else you can think of.......

Final load of the day is headed out for the mainline, this is a 24hr operation, a lot of positioning and shunting go on as Ships come thru at all hours of the day or night......Thanks for dropping in folks......

Marias Pass New Sand& Gravel Pit Operations II

Good evening all,

Been working on Florida East Coast RR, adjusting Signals, Track, and some of the Roadway, nothing wrong with the Route, like others I adjust for my specific needs. And of course I merged two sections into the Route, but I haven't made it that far just yet.....

Now will switch over to "Maria's" and look at some more of the mining details etc.

Back at the mines, This mining area has lots of potential, we have 2 underground Coal mines, Gravel and Sand pit, General Freight business, Wood Supplies and small industrial Freight House and Depot.

When I first drove by this mine it was probably 1/4 or 1/3 of the size it is now, with basic Sand and Gravel operations, but I had a vision of what I thought I could do with it, and so after a few weeks messing around playing musical buildings with all kinds of Equipment etc, it turned out like this.......

I forgot to mention in the middle of this area, is a Scrap and recycle plant as well, we sort out old equipment and then ship out the metal to Foundries for remelt etc....Works well for us, we make a few bucks on the Recycle and provide some good raw metals for a second life somewhere......Each day we get about 6-8 Gondola loads of scrap going out....Our Scrap arrives by Big Diesel Haulers that drive into the pit and dump their load for sorting below......

Because we have as many as 5-6 active Trains working, loading, pushing up the hill into the Main lines etc, we had to signalize this whole area here for safety and proper order of flow,

Yes we could do with more workers, flagman, brakeman, and we do employ quite few workers, including the miners, underground, it just works better with an automated train Signal Aspects to keep everyone safe in the area.

As well, we will have a huge Warning Horn if I can find one.....I think they make them, like old Air Raid Towers, but who knows, it is something I have to look into,,,,,We do use Micro Wave Towers for communications on the Railroad, emergencies etc, You have to have them here, or someone could be hurt seriously or other emergencies as well, like possible Coal Mine Explosions, it all has to all work in this complex heavy industrial Zone, like I said before, employee safety is priority one, Profit and other good things will follow if we do the job safely, and keep our employees safe at the same time, with mutual benefits to all concerned.....

I worked on the texture details for quit a long time, to get this effect of Rocky hard Strata,,,My aim was to make this part of the Gravel Sand and Coal Operation look rugged and forboading.. I think I got what I was trying to accomplish here, hard Rocky terrible ground, but below it Gravel areas, and Coal Seams......

We have Oil in some areas of the mountains here too. And a holding tank for Oil Storage, for now it is piped out to another area for Tanker Loading, of where I am not sure of at the moment......I think this old tank is 20-30K storage for now.....

Water Tower holds the extra water we need for mining operations and other related items that need on demand level flow Water uses, this tank is just the right size for what we need now....

Here is an overhead view of the mining pit area.....You can see the meandering River water going thru here now.....Which works well for our operational needs too......

And further away view of the general area surrounding the Pit operation below......I plan on adding water canals, or river routes through the area.....

Inside here we have lots of Pool Power running around working the shunting activities, making up Coal, Sand and Gravel Trains for marketing with local customers, like our Power Plant further down the line in the Cattaraugus Valley. I chose a huge 4-5 Story Mining Elevator that brings up loads of Coal in Buckets below, and dumps them into a overhead Hoppper, then into the empty Gons here.

Here is some scenes of the Coal being loaded into the Cars......

Empty Gons shoved back into the Silo loader behind us......Tracks are set for now, but as operational needs change, will probably make some small changes to the Tracks, and/or build more as needed when conditions require we ramp our Team Tracks for load outs etc.

Side view here, I need to find more old junk, broken items etc to make it look worse and worn, like any pit would look after many years of work.....If u look up in the very back, near the Green Mountains behind, you'll see a loaded Coal Train headed out to market today.

In the back end of the mine, Drilling Rigs blast out some Rock and Green Earth movers are cutting down thru rock and Gravel sandy areas to make more raw materials for Railroad Cars. As you can see your Gravel product has lots of varied colors in it, allowing for most types required either for homes, or something more consistent with Road Building or specific Custom Concrete mixes.....Good for you, and good for the Railroad it is local and easily loaded on Rail Cars or Double/Triple Dumper type trucks by demand. And better believe it, we do have good demand for our Gravel product here at......

That'll do for tonight, thanks for dropping by my friends.

Dear Blue, it is amazing that vision you have to change the routes, really these works of yours serve as an example for those who want to add or change their routes.
Thank you very much for showing them.

On the Blue Route, it is giving me a lot of work and I move slowly because I can not simply replace components; Today I will tell you some things about it.

Hugs

Javier

Hey Blue! Love the content you share here, and the progress of your addition to Marias Pass

Just came to share some of mind of the WIP screenshots:)

Within the oil well area:
j32Q8B5.jpg

tLRpMSI.jpg

I think we know what movie this was in;)
pyFH9xq.jpg

And just something to add because why not? :D
RqxlCg7.jpg

Cheers

Florida East Coast Rte...A little test with "Drive to & Navigate to" commands ??

Good Saturday all,

"hiawathamr Hey Blue! Love the content you share here, and the progress of your addition to Maria's Pass"

&

"fant_autentico Dear Blue, it is amazing that vision you have to change the routes, really these works of yours serve as an example for those who want to add or change their routes."
Thank you very much for showing them."

Appreciate the words of praise,,,,,,and I like your pictures as well......Post your pics anytime here, my Door is always open........

========================================================================================================================================
Another quick week has passed, but today, I meant to say yesterday, by the time this is posted. I have been making subtle changes on Florida and Eastern RR and today,

I decided, lets do a little test, lets see if I can tell a group of Locomotives to first find a Station and Park there, then if the Engineer doesn't get lost, we task him with Drive to, navigate to command, and pick up a load of empties just down the track 2 switches away, then take it over to Industrial and intermodal loading facility, drop the cars off, and then head back to the main lines. Well guess what, the darnedest thing, ever, it worked, and everything ended up where it should be.....

Then to top it off, we told the Light Engines to run to the end of the line, didn't tell them to stop, just Drive to where they couldn't go any farther.......Crazy I know....But hey, its fun to play.....And in this case, I feel happy with the results. It was I guess what you'd call a litmus test, just to see if what I changed would allow things

Well wad da ya know, it worked again, they stopped about 5 feet from the Bumpers at the end of the Track.. And ya know what, I was ecstatic with joy....It was just a test to see how part of the Route worked, and it passed with Flying colors......

One other thing, I had to do, and it is only because I need a bit stronger NVIDIA Card, but I am not going to spend the loot on it, this one @4VRam does pretty good, but 6 or 8 would be dynamite, however it would wipe out my Laptop Battery, so the end just wont justify the means, however this Video Card is light years ahead of my old HP Integrated Intel one, hands down....And of course we all want more even when we get nice things, we have that natural urge, more is better....But in this case, after going thru hell with my limp HP for 5 years, I am super happy this ASUS model....It works, and its very efficient....Case Closed......

So what I did, was decrease the trees by about 305 Density, and I also decreased several Fruit Tree Farms by 50% and they still look OK, but it made a huge difference in my Frame Rates

Now I need to go and measure out some Signal distance measurements, I think probably 2-3 more signals in key places and I am set for that part, the next part, I need to take a Virtual Ruler and straighten some of Rail where I got it out of wack with some of track changes I made.......

Here are some more pics to show you....

Light Engine moves thru Key West headed North for Empty Boxcar loads awaiting to be moved to another loading area....Have to say I really like these Palm Trees that MSGSapper chose they look supremo on this route, especially the tall ones that lean from Hurricanes etc, they look perfect....Kudos to MSGSapper for well done......

Cars picked up down the way about a mile and dragged here for reverse move into the Industrial area. There is one thing I think I need to adjust, that's the Video Draw distance or its my Video Card not able to draw the Tracks correctly at some distance shots, look down the Tracks here, you see some weird circle like lines inside the Tracks and the RR Ties......Not sure ? But I'll experiment....

We just got the Switches aligned for our reverse move into the back yard loading area....

Front view here......Our Crew Drops the car spotting in the back.....This Track will need some realignment to the Center when I did a top shot, it was in alignment with the second parallel track behind these Freight Cars.....

Cars pushed into back yard loading area here....Perfectly......

We Shunted empty load of Boxcars to back Industrial area for Car Loading..

Light engines are now told to drive out to the end of the Route and wait for further instructions...Mind you they have not driven to that part of the Layout.....Lets see if they know where the end of the Tracks really end????

We cut thru the Puzzle thread a few minutes later as Dispatch sets our Rail Path with stacked Green lights all the way to the end of the line....Hope maintenance checked the Brakes on these Engines,,,,,LOL

Last set of Crossovers here as we head to end of line 1.5 miles from this spot....Approx

Now I can see the end of line here, but can the Crew...........Better yet, can AI see the end of the line.....And I have a set of invisible signals just before the Bumpers too.......I think we have it covered.....

Our train has slowed from 60 MPH to 29 MPH as we near the end of the Route ahead.....shoooosh! Don't tell the crew, but these tracks are going to hookup to another Merged Route hiding out of sight from here....LOL

Yup I did it again, just can't help, myself, It will be fun.......And elevation is just about the same as here......

Here is the last part of the Test, right at the end of the Routes line, no derailment....

I'd say it was a banner day.......I'm a happy camper now........

That'll do for now, Thanks for dropping by folks........

Thank you! Also good shots again!
====

Decided to try a train for once, and these screenshots didn't turn out too bad:)
These where taken in the same area, same train, just replaced the engines

Hxzix1q.jpg

aJawVGg.jpg

qabNH2J.mp4

Video of the train in action:

Florida East Coast Rte/ Mergeroverview and other misc.

Good afternoon all,

Took a few days and went to Las Vegas fun and frolic, a wee bit warm too. But we had a wonderful time there with some friends.....

So I have been making some more changes to Florida East Coast Route, and picking up some tips on how it was constructed. One of the things I did was change some of the Roads in re routing them somewhat different, changed a few buildings around, and made new set of tiles to connect to the merge I made with BNSF Central Valley line.....And will see how it works out......

Adjusted the density of some Tree areas so my frame rate will increase in some areas.

Changed some tracks directions added some new industries in the Airport area, it's an Oil Refinery to fill an open area, it may or may not work, if not I will change to something else, I have to see how the Service Tracks work out. And if the shunting has enough space to allow the Tanker Trains I have planned to service the industry? You know the saying nothing ventured nothing gained here, so we will experiment and see how it works out.

I gone thru and got all the signals scripts set for the light operation I prefer. I haven't linked them yet or set the puzzle matrix's for Crossovers control, which I mean, if one switch is thrown on Cross the other one is set to open too, so we don't end up pushes through closed set of Points, otherwise known as running the switch points....Bad thing to do, but it does happen on the Railroad, and engineers get in trouble due to inherent compromised safety factor when Points are tweaked by a run through.

https://www.quora.com/How-do-trains-change-tracks-while-running

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railroad_switch

"n a trailing-point movement (running through the switch in the wrong direction while they are set to turn off the track), the flanges on the wheels will force the points to the proper position. This is sometimes known as running through the switch. Some switches are designed to be forced to the proper position without damage. Examples include variable switches, spring switches, and weighted switches.

If a switch becomes worn or the operating rods become damaged, it is possible for the flange to split the switch, and go through the switch in the direction other than what was expected. This happens when the flange strikes a small gap between the fixed rail and the set switch point (whichever is touching the main line); this forces the switch open, and the train is diverted down the incorrect track. This can either happen to the locomotive, in which case the whole train can be directed onto the wrong track, with potentially dangerous results, or it can occur at any point through the train, when a random truck is directed down a different track from the rest of the train; if this happens on the front truck of a car, the usual result is derailment, as the trailing truck of the preceding car attempts to go one way, while the leading truck of the following car tries to go another. If it happens to the trailing truck of a car, the front truck will follow one track, while the trailing truck follows a parallel line; this causes the whole car to "crab", or move sideways down the track (derailment often results eventually, due to the lateral forces applied when the train tries to brake or accelerate). This can have disastrous results if there is any obstacle between the lines, as the car will be propelled into it sideways, such as happened in the 1928 Times Square derailment. In some cases, the whole train behind the car will follow the errant car onto the other track; in others, only one or a few trucks are diverted, while the rest follow the correct track. In cases where it is a simple siding, rather than a continuous parallel track, the diverted truck(s) can travel the whole length of the siding until it turns back to the main track, where it performs a trailing point movement, forces the switch open, and ends up back on the same track again, with only damage to the switches. This is far less likely in cases of diversion to a parallel track, since switches on both lines will often be interconnected, so to set the switch on the main line to straight-through will set the other switch to straight-through as well (otherwise there is a risk of turning off the track only to find the joining switch is set the wrong way, and running the train through it). Because derailments are expensive and very dangerous to life and limb, maintenance of switch points and other track-work is essential, especially with faster trains. Another derailment that occurred due to a split switch is the ProRail Hilversum derailment on 15 January 2014. "

So now will move some pictures for tonight, the first is Florida East Coast Map showing the additions I merged for now...

Im this Map, its look strange I know, it's has 2 merges and 2 connection points so far, I have lots of extra tiles here, because I am not quite sure what elevation and where exactly my Tracks need to be on the connection points, I have some ideas for some mountain or hillish terrain in some spots, just to mix it up a bit...But I need to experiment a lot....You know me, love to have fun, and see what I can do with change-ups.....Look in the map you'll see captions of integral parts relationship to the main Florida Route.

We have our Boxcars and will continue just pass the switch point ahead of the Engines then push back in about 1/2 mile to the next Shipping Dock in back.

Power is coming out for scheduled Shunt of these empties from local Freight Station to intermodal Alley about a mile away just around those Skyscrapers u see in the left side of the Picture...They hookup here and drag them down to the next Facilities area for loading. I believe they are loading Grain Bags and other Food items for transfer Load out. Points unknown for now.

Here we are doing AI movement into small intermodal yard, and everything is working great, I will need to make a few more Track Marks for where I want Trains to go, but thats a long ways down the road for now.

A nice view of River inlets leading out to the Ocean area.

Looking down the mainlines I really enjoy the Billboards thru out the Route. There lots of areas of interest in this route, you literally can get lost in areas off the main line spelunking around. Makes this Route so much fun to play on..

In this shot, I have a single engine running the mainline, checking Switch and Signal operations for proper aspects. Had a few minor hiccups and signal placement to change, other than that we are in good shape, now the signal placement changes had to do with me making some Track changes etc.....

Just a broad over look of the Route as we head North on Florida East Mainlines. Nice Sunny Day here with high wispy Clouds covering, no Rain or Hurricanes for now...

I was thinking of having a longer Train as special inauguration of the changes I made on the Route, but as you can see, that didn't work out to well, we hang over in the Street, so I need to shorten my Trains back to what the normal one is...LOL. But it was fun to run this one....Station here is called Titusville, I have to learn the station names....Still new, and have not played in the all the Commodities areas....Plenty awaits me...And I look forward to it.

Our Engines have finished the Boxcar move, now they head out to the end of the line and await further instructions.

That'll do for today, everyone have a great week ahead, I hear Fireworks already going off in the neighborhood for the last week. U'd think 4th is already here, but it isn't LOL...Crazy people....

Thanks for coming by.....

Hi Blue.
How well you use Trainz's resources on those routes. As what I like is doing things, in these years I have not used Trainz to its full potential.

Hugs

Javier

Thanks kind words Javier

Hi Blue.
How well you use Trainz's resources on those routes. As what I like is doing things, in these years I have not used Trainz to its full potential.

Hugs

Javier

Hello Javier,

:) Appreciate the nice words,, I have to be Honest here, there is still so much Trainz I have not learned, but what I can tell you, I try to learn from the masters here in Trainz World and capture some of their ideas. Beauty truly is in the eye of the Beholder I believe.....

:p I am amazed at the Routes, Assets that our beloved creators make for us, among them Ben Dorsey RIP was a humble giant of a man, respectful to all, and sorely missed.

And coming to Trainz has been a phenomenal adventure for me since I started with Train Driver 2 for IPad,circa Nov 2014, and rest assured I have had my bad days and shortfalls along the road of learning and my lack of experience, however as each year passes, I get more comfortable in doing what I love, Merging, modifying, and just plain experimenting with Routes. The raw beauty inherent I think to Trainz more so than other Simulators, (I didn't mention, but I started some 15 yrs ago with Steam Games MSFT Rail Simulator) prior to here, If I recall, correctly, u couldn't model the Routes, they came as-is with various Sessions to play, and since I was unaware of Trainz at the time, (wished I had been, would have bought it in a heartbeat) that was my first experience with Virtual Rail Simulation, I had played with Military Sims, and Boat Sims, but nothing of RR's at the time.......:(

:eek: I also need to admit, I do not make prototypical Routes, I just use the ideas and dreams in my mind too see if I can recreate what I see as possibilities....If it works, then I am happy with it.....Hence the Word Fictional would probably describe what I do the most.....

;) Take care Javier and be careful in this Summer Heat, I see a warning for Europe last week? Excessive hot temperatures there and here in USA too........We already has several 100-300 Acre Fires and Summer just started less than 2 weeks ago,very bad for us.......

So there you have it my friend, u get to know a little more about me over time......

A virtual glass of wine sent to you,,,:wave:

Back