Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Donner's Pass Winter Edtion Version 2

Good day,

Been busy going thru all my Routes, and Sessions, too see what kind of Errors and repairs I need to accomplish. And when I run a fresh session in Donner's Pass Winter Edition Ver2, well, I was taken a back some, by missing Road Bridges, and some other items that appear missing or not looking right in TRS19.

And some of my other Routes Assets show almost clear when you view them close versus further away....Haven't seen this before, but I suspect it has to do with Alpha Channel Colors or something like that, whether I can fix them, time will only tell....But that is the inherent cost of upgrading, so I won't get overly bothered.....

Downloaded some RMM tree Assets in version 4.0 and above, I would assume several asset creators are looking over there assets in reference to whether upgrade Fixes are possible with the new TRS19 Platform. Been working diligently with correcting my Assets, Now down from 1000, I am down to about 370, the finish line is getting a little closer each day.........

Tonight will see some pictures from Winter Donner's Pass Route

Donner Pass Winter - v. 1.1 - March 20, 2015 -
Environment, Layout,Objects, HD textures : GianFranco 'Jango' Messaggi
Tracks & Objects : Christian Steurer
Trees, Objects, HD Textures: RobertoConti19
BetaTester : Ettore Grua ;Carlo Lagomarsino UP844;Derek Munro;DennR Bob;

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=donners+pass+railroad

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donner_Pass

The link above will show additional Details about this Route from Jango.........

Took one of the pre made Consists for a drive..........Its a cool day out here with Snow here and there, from last weeks Storm....

Peeking thru the Weeds as our train passes by.....

Looks like High Desert in this area, and I would think it gets quite toasty in the Summer too.

One of many Bridges missing.......But will find one to fit in here......Shouldn't be a problem......

Headed to the North, it's a bright clear day, our signals are stacked for us..........

View from a far,,,,,this route looks so great, everything matches just as you would expect, and I like it......This is a good size Route with lots to see and do.......Thank you Jango for a superb Creation.....

We can see a nice group of Snow Crested Mountains in the back.

Large highways pass in several spots on the Route.

We pass thru well laid out Rail Yards here, with plenty of capacity for double Stacks.......

We continue out upward Trek and begin some Curves as we climb.....

That'll do for today, it's about time, or past the time, LOL for my bedtime....

Maxwerk Routes and European Route "Andrushivka-Vinnitsa UZ" Pictures

Good Thursday Day all,

The sun has returned and we have had a very good Rain Season so far.

Now I have been up to no good as usual, came across member "Maxwerk" who has created some very good Routes, I had the opportunity to see the pictures and be able to download them.

Corpus Christi Terminal RR:

This route represents the Corpus Christi Terminal Railroad (reporting mark CCPN), circa 2010. Owned and operated by the Genesee and Western, the Corpus Christi Terminal Railroad serves the port of Corpus Christi, the sixth largest port in the USA in total tonnage. Online industries include transfer docks and warehouses, a bulk granular facility, grain elevators, a large cement plant, several refineries, and numerous other smaller industries. Commodities transported include aggregates, brick and cement, chemicals, ethanol, food and feed products, machinery, pipe, minerals and stone, and petroleum products.

Also represented are the Union Pacific RR and Kansas City Southern RR tracks that connect to the CCPN, and over which the CCPN has trackage rights. The UP and KCS tracks are equipped with Dap's CMTM portals to allow the simulation of trains coming and going to and from the outside world.

For sample operating sessions to help familiarize you with the route, search for 'CCTR Sample Session' 1, 2, or 3 (kuids 425968:100638, 425968:100637, and 425968:100635) on the DLS or through your Content Manager.

The Tule Lake Lift Bridge represented in this version of the route was actually demolished in 2008. For a more accurate representation of the prototype railroad in 2010 --and more challenging operations-- download the route named 'Corpus Christi Terminal RR - No Lift Bridge.'

The vast majority of assets in this route are available on the Trainz Download Station; however, there are a few assets you'll have to download elsewhere. See the thread for this route on the Trainz Freeware discussion board for information on this.

Please note that this is a fairly large and detailed route that may tax less-powerful graphics systems.

Many thanks to my friend Dap for beta-testing the route, and to all the freeware creators out there, without whose work and generosity this route would not have been possible.

and BNSF: Clovis to Lubbuck a much larger Route, beautifully done:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?151150-BNSF-Clovis-to-Lubbock

This route represents the BNSF railway between Clovis, New Mexico and Lubbock, Texas, circa 2015. With roughly 100 miles of mainline track and numerous sidings, spurs, and online industries, the route depicts roughly the northern half of the BNSF Slaton Subdivision. Portals are included to help simulate traffic from the outside world including the BNSF Hereford, Clovis, and Plain view subdivisions, as well as the Lubbock and Western and Southwestern railroads. The Plainsman Switching Company, a terminal railroad in Lubbock, is also represented on the route. The route has various dependencies not available on the Trainz DLS; please see the thread for this route in the Freeware Announcements forum for information on obtaining them. Thanks to my friend matruck for previewing the route and giving me feedback, and many thanks to all the freeware creators out there, without whom this route would not have been possible.

And I found some Bridge Modules (there are 3 Template Routes to illustrate) Check them out, they are I believe 1-3 Tile exampes of how these particular Bridges.....Go check it out?

A double Track Mainline module. This is variation three of the Alfred Smith Bridge Modules. Like the past three, is an East-West Module. Feel free to include this module on any of your own routes.

And last week I picked up Sir Dave Snows "The Cotton Belt Route"

The Cotton Belt Route is a 100-mile basically North/South line set in the flat lands of the Mississippi delta area. While the route and towns are purely fictitious, the land layout is very close to the actual area between Jonesboro and Fair Oaks, Arkansas. The route has been modeled after the Union Pacific lines that run through this area, hence the “X” whistle signs rather than the usual “W” whistle signs.

This area is almost all agriculture and farming with a few factories and industries scattered here and there. While not rich in spectacular scenery, be ready to move your consist across flat lands on a raised railbed with mostly farmland on each side, occasionally passing numerous small towns.

This route is very heavily detailed and a good computer and strong graphics card is recommended. Thanks goes out to all the content creators out there who made the detail in this route possible.

The route uses all Download Station assets EXCEPT for the Pofig Trees and the animated assets by Neoklai75 which have been gathered in two bundled files.

=========================================================

Beyond the fabulous Routes encountered this week, I am working carefully too address the fixing of my Faulty or Missing Assets..........Hoping that in the next week, I will have nil to none remaining when I run the Faulty Filter in CM......

In concert with this I am looking for better, higher version Flora assets. And then once I have established a sufficient quantity I go about subsituting them in the older Routes I plan too keep and update. This will take some lengthy time, depending on how well the Bulk Replace function works.

I have more later this week too discuss about Routes I have downloaded and my thoughts?

On to some pictures from European Route Andrushivka-Vinnitsa UZ.

As mentioned before, I really like this Route a lot too, great signalling and Track Puzzles with wonderful Countryside to view as we drive thru a busy downtown area.

And now we open up into a grand countryside....Look at how natural it is.......

This line lends to efficient high speed passenger and freight service. This are plenty of storage tracks, and crossovers......

We cross under a well designed bridge, and I like that it has good height here...I find some times Bridges on Routes do not have enough clearance for safety purposes, and I am fully aware in real life this situation exists as welll.....

We take a switch here as the lines compress down into double main a bit further down.

Looking thru this area, Rail yard has lots of spare capacity as lines continue to merge into two.......Countryside is well done here, I think I might do a sprinkling of some homes or farmhouses her and there.

A dispatcher comes out to wave us by as he has his morning smoke....Little cool out here this morning under overcast skies.....Rain comes in later tonight...

We have a Lunar whitish blue lite, there are many interesting signals along this line.......I did find a few spots, that I think more signals need to be added.....No big thing, just some spots i think would be controlled visibly better with some signals. Not sure, but I think there are some non electrified sections of this route with remotes shunting needs......There is a lot too check out still, but rest assure, this particular Route is a keeper for sure.

Might be old, but this Passenger Power is well maintained and I am impressed, with the pride and upkeep of exhibited by this Rail Company.......Granted it is not ever possible to keep things clean and shiny for the weather and use they are put too!! But when you do see some like this, it's rewarding to me.......Others like the dirtier, greasier the better, that comes to personal taste and I need to respect that as well.......

Well enough banter here for one day......Hope you enjoyed it, and please check out some of the Routes I mentioned, there are some terrific Route Creators out there......Take good care of them, they perform what I could only say, a major labor of love in what is presented too us.....Thank you

Cajon Pass has it Tracks now/ and some other miscellany

A Blessed Sunday to all,

This has been a rainy and snowy winter so far, and a few of the Snow resorts are opening back sides of the mountains, that hve not been available for skiing, due too no snow or not enough........For you skiers, have fun and be safe, both on the slope and on the Road too......

Alright, now onto the subject at hand, I know I have been harping away at fixing my missing or faulty assets, but something else caught my eye this week and it bugged me.....You know how it is, you trip over something in your new fangled program, and you just can't let it be.....LOL

When I opened TRS19 sub menu to view my routes, about 1/3 or more had no preview pics as in THUMB SCREENS showing on slide selection window,

Initially when I got TRS19, I saw it, but didn't really give it any more thought, but of course, I only had maybe Dozen routes or less showing, now I have well over a 100 Routes, granted a several are 1-4 tile maps and I some are HOG maps too play with later if I decide to make a Route with them.......

What I found out, or at least it seems that way, the single Thumb screen entry is 240 x 180 doesn't appear to work under this version of Trains......If you change the Route, modify it and your version goes to 4.6 series....

So what I did: use another Route Thumb screen Format and modify the Config.txt file to this:

region <kuidx:xxxxxxx:xxxxxx:>

thumbnails
{
{
image "$screenshot.jpg"
width 240
height 180
}

{
image "thumbnail.jpg"
width 512
height 384
}
}

trainz-build 4.6

or this style if you want to show more screenshots of your Sessions when you save them.....

thumbnails
{
{
image "thumbnail.jpg"
width 1280
height 800
}

{
image "thumbnail.jpg"
width 1280
height 800
}

{
image "thumbnail.jpg"
width 1280
height 800
}

{
image "thumbnail.jpg"
width 512
height 384
}
}

So I went thru and edited probably 20 of these Route Config.txt and now they all show their Screenshots OK in the preview window.....And Blue is a happy camper......

On my Cajon Pass Route, I finally found out why the tracks were missing, plus a few other Assets, it was written in Authors Notes,
===============================================================================================

Take a step back in time to California in the early 1990s. This accurate-as-reasonably-possible representation of the rail route through the Cajon Pass north of San Bernardino, CA will give you a taste of classic Socal railroading during the twilight years of the Santa Fe and Southern Pacific railroads. The pass is famous for its steep gradients (3% max) and high valume of rail traffic. This route is part of a project that bagan back in the Trainz 2006 days, and countless hours have been poured into researching and crafting it to ensure its detail and authenticity. Once completed, the rest of the full 88-mile Cajon Subdivision, stretching from Barstow to San Bernardino, will be released, in addition to a refreshed edition of the route showcasing it as it appears today under BNSF and Union Pacific ownership. Many thanks to Paul Haglund (fishlipsatwork) for the excellent DEM terrain.

All dependencies should be either built-in to T:ANE or be available on the Download Station, except for these:

AASHTO 32FT Double Solid Line
(Available from USLW.net)
and
(Curveable Bridges from Trainz Pro Routes)

Both awesome track packs from SoCalTrains.

Also download from Jointedrail:
- Dragging Defects Detector
- JR Roads Pack
- JR H Style Searchlight Signal Pack #1
- JR Safetran Crossing Pack

If you do not have the Deluxe version of T:ANE, you might see a few dependencies missing that are not from the sources mentioned. This is fine, and the route should run fine without them.

Please do not redistribute or in any way release or edit and release this route without my written permission.
=================================================================================================
I had started manually re adding the tracks, where all the white lines where, and reread his notes, and went to SoCalTrains.....And voila, found the Track sets, and some other stuff, I thought I had put back in Trainz and didn't or possibly never did have.......

When all else fails, read the instructions stupid......LOL

The good part,

I started thinking about what was near Route Wise to Cajon Pass, and remembered Barstow Yard Route, grabbed that, and I plan on adding a bunch of Tiles, or I might try my hand at Trans Dem and get the DEM map of it, to make it more accurate....What I don't know is the distance, but I can easily figure that out with Google Maps and do point to point line from Cajon North to Barstow yard South, quick and dirty, that'll give approximate distance........Just messing and thinking around here, I don't think there is a Route built between these 2 location sites..????

Any one of you know by Chance.......?

Ok.....Enough bantering here, lets go see some Pictures.......

This is Cajon Route, and I see I should have rotated this one more Right turn,,,sorry about that.......It is fun Route to play on..........

Donner's Pass in the Winter from Jango and see what happened to some of the Bridges, they go translucent, I guess it's a mesh issue in this version of Trainz.....

Long Double Stack heads north on a Cold, very cold, Icy morning.......

And now we have lots of Snow showing here, I'm not sure if this Route is Seasonal or not, I think this version was made for Snow. .But I also have regular version of this Route in Summer too.....

Coming round the bend as we ease up on I think 2% Grade, these Tracks are laid perfectly for this Route,,,,,And I have seen it off the Roadways too when I travel to Northern California.....

If I recall this Route is a strategic Gateway Link between North States, Oregon, Washington to Los Angeles Etc.

Roadways are nice here, as we continue our Trek up......

Now this is a new Route, and I took a flyover to inspect, and looky here, these Tracks are buried in the mountains, one is hanging out the side of the tile????

Maybe the Author was going to make some changes? Who knows for sure.......?

Take a look here and tell me whats strange in this photo, if you don't see it, then it's OK........?

But if you do, we need to add some more tiles and Water, so our Ocean or lake doesn't fall off the edge of the world.......Just my preference......

Nice looking Route, but I need to rotate some of the texture on the right here going along the mountain, or add some contrast Textures so it doesn't look so pedestrian........

Lastly here is another spot, where the tiles are cut off, and when you look out over the nice water, further out, you see the edge of another Tile,,really takes away from it,,,,Now I can also add some back drops here too, depending if they look ok with distance, and they might,,,,,Backdrops work really well, when used properly, just for situations like this.....Or 1-2 Tiles and more Water etc.......

That'll do for today,,,,,,Thanks for dropping in.....Comments always welcome of course........

Hi Blue,

I announce that the Donner Pass is being updated.
Unfortunately many objects (you see it too) are no longer compatible with TRS2019.
They must be completely redone.
This will take some time.

The new Donner will be seasonal. This requires more time to create winter objects.

The West from Denver route, currently being updated, will be completed quickly.

large.fraser004A.jpg.da4b2772dd55d30474f0099fb4bfbbda.jpg

large.amtrak03.jpg.b01370b777cee53a2b5b17b943948b1d.jpg

All my routes (free & pay) will be updated to TRS2019.
The next free in self-editing will be the Sherman Hills.

cheers

Short Bridge Feet/Clinchfield/Canadian Routes etc....

Good Wednesday all.......

Well a new Storm approaches tonight, and I bid well for those in the Midwest to East Coast, where Winter is strong and deteremined as ever......I hope you'll be able to ride out the Storms approaching.

So I read this article with interest as here in California, our poorly executed High Speed Rail has been severely cut back for a number of Reasons, so we will see how High Speed Rail is ever too take a lead in the USA.....It's very sad that we have not fared well in this venture.......

https://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose...-drastically-scales-back-california-high.html

https://www.cnet.com/news/is-high-speed-rail-in-the-us-ever-going-to-happen/

Onward to other things now:

I am very happy to report, I have fixed all my Route Preview pictures in TRS19 Menu, by adjusting the Config.txt Screenshot section with appropriate update.

And I have removed, or replaced where possible the problem assets, with the exception of a few routes the have "mcguirel's" Tree problems, and that will require finding the closest replacement once I get my new versus old Tree inventory's sorted out.......That will take quite a bit of time.

I have downloaded RMM, JVC and other good sets of Trees as I come across them.

There are some Routes that I might leave them as they are with the Trees that came with them.....

In the last couple of days, I deleted 3-4 Routes that didn't make it into TRS19, and I came across a Few SAR (Australian rural area) Routes and one of them is a large merge of 4........Use keywords "SAR" on DLS search screen if interested.

A shout goes out to SailorDan who helped with a Content Manager issue I didn't know how to fix....SailorDan is well versed in the Trainz world...Thank you for your assistance today.

And finally my have the faulty account down to 264 with 106 being "mcguirel's", so my net is 158 Faulty Assets to fix, when you figure I had something like 4600 a few weeks ago, this is truly welcome news now.....I have made some accomplishment......

Tonight will look at some Photos with Bridge issues that need fixing etc.

For the newbies when your in TRS19 Route menu (see below) you'll see some Org Link or Red ! small tags in the preview picture, double click them and it launches Content Manager showing the errors noted in the preview window. Try it, this was never available in any previous versions of Trainz that I'm aware of.........

And when you cant find a Route Quickly in this menu, type 3-5 letters of part of the named Route and you'll see a quick selection of for those Routes, and I use it for viewing particular Routes than rolling thru a bunch of them.

I play around with the menus in TRS19 weekly to learn a little more about how it works with Inventory, Route Controls Etc......I am pleased with TRS19 as it is a very visual menu system, and works well for my learning abilities...Those whom are Visual Driven will understand what I am alluding to here.

Maps of some Canadian Routes I'm playing around with.

Montana Rail Link Map, 300 miles of Trains running.........Very well done Route.......Now with this version of Trainz, I can play with the other half of this Route, when I had TS-12 and TANE, I cut off 50% of the Route to make it run OK....Plus Frame Stutter from builtin rather than dedicated GPU........

Another Shot of the Clinchfield Route,,,,,,with Rocky Mountaineer new fleet being presented by NV3.........

I love this Route it is terrific and well designed...........

Back to another route, look at the way the Water was done on this one, and think if these two bodies of Water connected, how it would look and take the squareness out of the other one.....A little detail work will help this area out.......

Poor Bridge lost it legs, I need to find longer Pylons to fill in the open Gaps.......Now I might cheat and raise the ground level here?

And this one, I think will add some water in here maybe........Or find another type of Span Type Bridge,,,,,,I have a large inventory of Bridges at my disposal to pick from......

With the way this looks, I think a Dam would improve this area dramatically,,,,,Will see.??

Here is another severe cut off again, and it needs remedy......We could raise the hill, add a tile, and have the water curve around the base of the hill disappearing behind it.......or add 3-4 tiles, add copious amount of Water to get a Harbor type view......????? So many thoughts to ponder........

Thank you for dropping in......Enjoy your day...

LORAM MOW short video-Test

:wave: Good evening Folks,

This is a test, please see if you can watch this Video OK......it's my first time trying to post one about viewing a LORAM MOW Train on Union Pacific Tracks in City of Industry, SO Cal......It's 30 Seconds long.

I thought this was an interesting Catch, I haven't seen anything like this before, except for the Fire Breathing Grinder LORAM's Unit Train going down the old SP line on 10 Freeway, making one heck of Smokey Scene, some 30 years ago.

If you have never seen one it is one sight too be seen. :D

And special thanks to Shane Turner for his kind assistance in helping me here........!

https://youtu.be/mgyPfWJLvQU

Last edited:
Good Sunday Morning and a Blessed day to all,

When I'm out driving around, I check out what's occurring on the Railroads, be it a special train, construction, repairs, you know, whatever peeks my interest, always has......So in the last 3 weeks in City of Industry Union Pacific Route has been under MOW with Tie replacement along Main #2.

We have two main routes separated by a mile, one goes to Los Angeles then to the Ports of LA and North to Oregon, the other goes another area, and splits to Orange County and the other split heads to the Port from another direction.

In the first weeks, they.re moving Ballast and it looked like rebuilding the Base Bed manually with a slew of the small Cart Speeder type MOW units, now a special LORAM Unit Train was brought in to do tie replacement this last week from Wood to Concrete. So I took some pictures and a Short Video in message previous too this one.....Thanks goes out to Sir Shane Turner and others who helped out here.

I haven't ever seen a small unit like this one, unfortunately I wasn't able to see this little guy in action, because both times I saw it, it was parked on the opposite sides of the MOW Project in an area that has homes and industries on both sides of 2 mile spaced Grade Crossings. And of course it has been raining on/off a lot thru this month. But rain nor storm stops the Railroad from getting their work done, if anyone knows how to the work, the Railroad and their auxiliary co and support groups are the ones to put the hammer down!

These where the best photos I could get.

However after posting these Pictures, I tried something a little different, I upped to 1000 instead of 800 size, I can see that was a mistake, so I go back to the 800 size frame, my bad and I apologize for blowing these up so large........Walking over to the corner now and taking a time out for bad photo behavior.

From what I could tell here, they were ready to make another pass on the Main#2 to do more work once some trains got thru?

This unit looks like the Rear control unit for the Train.....

Not sure on this, but this might handle the ballast for clean and replacement.......

I don't know if this Model or a Train number, it wasn't possible to talk with the Crew since they were in a fenced in and blocked by Industrial buildings on the other side of the tracks.....

Carries Fuel here ? Or water for cleaning the ballast, I'm not sure.......

Front area of the consist with heavy duty rollers for Ballast procedures. Wished I could have caught this one in Action.......But wasn't meant be this week......If I do see it running again, I'll try and catch another video of this unusual unit in action.

Looks like these spread out and snap up the ballast from the tracks to clean and replace?

Front control Engine for this unit......OK.....I have to run.....

Last edited:
Weather, Trees falling, ROG issuses, Route maps discussion, Miscellany Etc

UPDATE:https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47297445

12 or more are missing in freak Snow Avalanche non expected......

Good Tuesday Morning,

Well our weather was quite interesting Monday, Presidents day, started out with mostly blue Skies, and then the wind picked up, it got cold, and dark clouds came in, rained here, but you could tell it was Snowing a lot in the Mountains, I hope trees weren't blown over from the over saturation of our soil, our last set of Storms we got about 6 -7 inches, and in the mountains looks like 12-16 inches, that's one heck of an improvement over 5 inches for the year before,, and more is on the way for tomorrow thru the weekend....

A tree dropped 2 weeks across the street from my Grand Kids, and they said it felt like an Earth quake, the house litterly shook for a few seconds, it cut some electrical lines, but nobody got hurt, power was restored after midnight.

Just picture this, folks walk their Dogs around there all the time, that time, no one was nearby, that says the Man Above was watching out, because the family has 2 dogs that go out for daily walks and frolic in the park across the street......This is what could have happened on that day,,,,,,these are pictures of similar Trees with huge limbs..

https://www.google.com/search?clien.........0i71j35i304i39j33i299j33i10._Tqu5lHX99s

Ok so over to my ASUS ROG, was having a conversation with Tech at our local Fry's big box store for Computers, and got some disturbing news about NVIDIA upgrades, it appears that several if not all, and I need to confirm this ASUS, that I may not be able to upgrade my NVIDIA in this laptop. The Tech told me with mass production of these laptops they are made where the this Chip is integrated into the mother board rather than a slide in approach such as your RAM chips and Hard Drives. I also found out, I might not be able to do all M-2 SSD's in my Laptop due to subtle Sockets prebuilt in my model, for example, I have M-2 that looks like a Memory Chip on the left and then a Samsung SSD with 830 on the other side, form factor 2.5 inch, that looks like small portable hard drive you would buy for your laptop of External use.

So will see, at least I can change both types of SSD's models for larger capacity thru Crucial Chip and hard Drive maker, and they are good company to buy memory chips SSD and other items. They have really branched out over the decades, as has many computer companies to stand up to competition, which as you know is intense!

This is what my Laptop looks like and I really like it,

https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-Strix-SCAR-Edition/?SearchKey=gl703ge/

but am somewhat disappointed about the news I have learned, however, all is not lost, this laptop works really well, and the difference in the Video processing with new TRS19 and all SSD for Database rebuild is off the charts for me, usually takes 53 to 80 seconds max and ranges and this after loading 100 to 3000 Assets, yes I found some more backups from my old installation in TANE and I have been downloading some large routes, like Sir DAVE SNOW's revised Cotton Belt Ver 1303.9.1, his solder Route which is most interesting Miyabu Coastline Railway TS12 version.

Dave Notes:

The Miyabu Coastline Railway is a fictitious rail line running mostly along the coast of a long, wide peninsula. The route is named after the town of Miyabu located approximately in the center of the rail line and home of a large yard there. The mainline track is double-tracked along the whole length of the 100+ mile-long route. There are 15 passenger enabled stations located in the major towns and cities. There are mainline passing sidings around each passenger station. There are also many industries and several yards located strategically along the route. There is a large coal-fired power station and a medium sized inter-modal yard. The Miyabi Peninsula Railway has a tropical setting and is very scenic with small villages, towns, farmland, cattle & horse pastures, as well as mountain passes and tunnels. There are a number of unusual loop around and over-under passing's in places. Most of the yards will accommodate long trains of up to 140 cars or possibly more. All dependencies not built-in are available on the Download Station EXCEPT this route uses Pofigs Speedtreez (BMO type only) found at http://trainzup.com/?cat=24, and the animated people, vehicles and animals by neoklai75 found at http://neoklai.ucoz.ru/load/ (the same ones used in my Ozark Valley routes). This route also uses the YARN roads, intersections, & crossings by maddy25. This version has been modified from TS2010 to work in TS2012. P L E A S E N O T E: This TS12 Version will require moving certain TS10 Built-In Content into your TS12 Trainz Content.

Features of this route are:

- Over 100 miles of Double Track Mainline all the way.

- 15 Passenger Enabled Stations along the whole of the route.

- Passing Sidings at the passenger stations to allow thru freight trains.

- Several large Yards, and a multitude of Industries, Warehouses, Factories, and Seaports.

- A large coal-fired Power Station.

- A Medium sized Inter-modal Port Facility.

- A Variety of landscapes from tropical coastal farmland, small towns, medium cities.

Now granted this was built for T-12 Version, it went into TRS19 with no problem, and I have about 14 Old Pofig Tree types that need replacement, which I work on later.......

But it is one cool Coastline Route, Sir Dave Snow, has some amazing talent when it comes to Route and Asset Creation, we are very blessed to have him with us, so take good care of him.......

OK...Let view some Pictures before I get out of here,,,,,,Tax Time approaches,grrrrrr........

Sir Dave Snows Famous Cotton Belt Route, T-12 and TANE versions, and it works in TRS19 too, but Dave has just released his new version seen in my earlier posts.

Like the Sign placements and size, just what you'd expect if you drove along highway 101 or the 5 Freeway in my area.....A typical.

Our Alco with some freight comes across local crosssing, and who knows, he might even stop for Hamburger and Fries at this little hole in the wall great to eat out joint......

Nice Black widow appearance here, I don't ever recall seeing one of these in my area.......

Look at how nicely detailed the inerds are on this baby, and don't laugh, she runs great and she's paid for too!

There is plenty of Factories and places to shunt, neatly placed on this 100 some mile Route.

This is the first of 2 southbounders headed to Factories waiting for Loads. All his signals work as far as I have seen......I might just add a few dwarfs in some spots......

Now since I do lots of merging of one to many routes,

I like to keep an inventory of Pictures and Route info in local storage, for one, when I have a Route that I wish to addon on to something else, this saves me a tremendous amount of time when I go to stitch them together. It's something you might want to consider if you merge your routes.

For example this route tells me one, its large, two it is quite mountainous, so it might have elevation issues for me too consider for what I can stitch to it.....How often have one of you come across 2 routes you wanted to merge, and find out all of sudden, you have 500 feet or several 1000 difference in elevation issue to face.....

This helps corrects for that, by preview the map and seeing how it will fit with your merge......Saves me the time of looking thru several Routes open/preview/close I can open a Directory in Windows with all my Route Pictures in Thumbnail preview, and very quickly see which ones are appropiate, note the names and then go into Trainz open too see if that selection works, in a matter of minutes.....Now this works for me, it might not work for you.......We all work and think differently, I thought I would share this with the group.

Now look at this Canadian one CNR to Halifax very large, and sprawling Route, which with ROG ASUS I can play the whole rather than a 1/3 size on old HP Envy Laptop,

This doesn't have the elevation issues of the previous route, it jhas small hills but not large mountains and large filed areas etc. but it has much larger size to deal with, so I might not be able to make a much larger route, but I could add on some small stub Routes for specific needs and modifications, too see how this works out?

Zhukovka or European Route here, is quite narrow in lots of spots, do you see the striking difference of this one over others just seen.....This might be the one you want play with, in this one, I have added several small segments at each end, that open into larger areas, and haven't finished as this is WIP one of many.......

OK....time to run, hope you liked my dissertation today, and hope it spurs some thought of another method to help in merging routes.......

Have a great day folks,,,,thanks for dropping.......

Last edited:
Ashville Route may be revived,,,,,Check out my Story

Good Morning,

While reading the morning Mail yesterday, I came across this interesting news, and I hope it works out, based on what I read below, they would like more Passenger and Freight to develop in this area, rather than more Buses....See what you think.........?

And I don't need to say it, but we in California are in the middle of big mess with this overpriced high speed Rail Project, of who knows where it will end up..........Of which I'm I very concerned with......Will leave it at that for now.......:eek:

Here is the article and some links to it.......:cool:

Asheville passenger rail connection, after 43 years, now has chance at funding
Joel Burgess, Asheville Citizen Times Published 3:23 p.m. ET Feb. 19, 2019
CONNECT11TWEET11LinkedIn11COMMENT11EMAIL11MORE11

ASHEVILLE - This city's last official passenger rail service left with a train car pulling out on Aug. 8, 1975.

That final Asheville passenger train has been followed by decades of attempts to bring the service back to Western North Carolina, which once thrived with rail connections.

Now 43 years later, after near victories derailed by a natural disaster and an economic calamity, advocates say there is a real chance to reconnect Asheville and Western North Carolina to the country's passenger rail system.

Following a push by advocates, City Council and other local governments, the chairman of North Carolina House Transportation Committee said Tuesday he will consider a request for two years of funding of up to $890,000 to cover expenses for an Asheville-to-Salisbury bus run by Amtrak, the quasi-public entity in charge of rail service.

"I'm excited about the opportunity," Transportation Chairman John Torbett, R-Gaston, said in a phone interview with the Citizen Times. "We have to get down and look at all the nuts and bolts."
The No. 4 train at Biltmore Station as it heads on its final run from Asheville on Aug. 8, 1975.

The No. 4 train at Biltmore Station as it heads on its final run from Asheville on Aug. 8, 1975. (Photo11: Citizen Times photo)
Will the governor include funding for the connection?

Torbett said he ultimately would "love to see a rail connection up there," something that advocates say the bus could lead to if it draws enough passengers.

Also on the committee is Rep. Michele Presnell, A Republican whose 118th district covers Madison and Yancey counties and most of Haywood County. Presnell did not immediately respond to an afternoon email asking whether she supported the funding.

The General Assembly is waiting to start serious finance discussions until Gov. Roy Cooper presents his proposed budget, something that could happen in mid- to late-March, Torbett estimated.

MORE: State of WNC's railroads: Economic engine continues to evolve

https://www.google.com/search?clien...ailroads:+Economic+engine+continues+to+evolve

MORE Asheville could take bus to Salisbury to get to train

https://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/local/2015/01/07/asheville-take-bus-get-train/21403247/

The chairman said he is waiting to see if the governor includes the bus money.

If funding is ultimately approved, actual bus service could start sometime in 2020, according to Ray Rapp, a former House member from Madison County and a vocal rail champion who estimated 6-12 months to start the service from the time it is funded.

"It’s seemed to me from the vantage of economic development, Asheville has always been such a destination, particularly for people from Florida or New York," Rapp said. "And there are still a lot of people who do not like to fly."
Senators Van Duyn and Apodaca were introduced by their

Senators Van Duyn and Apodaca were introduced by their former colleague in the General Assembly, Ray Rapp.
How the connection would work

With a bus connection, passengers would buy one ticket that would provide for bus and train travel and also the transport of their baggage.

The Salisbury connection is being made instead of a southerly route, which would be closer except the tracks in that direction have been disconnected, Rapp said.

Amtrak has asked for the state to put aside up to $400,000 per year to pay for the service, plus $90,000 for a consultant to handle the contract between the state and DOT and help prepare local stations.

Amtrak estimated there would be 2,100 bus passengers, a number that "depressed" him, Rapp said. But the former legislator said an estimate completed in January by the rail division of the North Carolina Department of Transportation put the number much higher at 13,000. He has proposed to legislators such as Torbett that fair revenues for any passengers over the 2,100 number be applied to the subsidy instead of state money.

If the bus route is successful, transportation officials say it could lead to full-fledged rail service. To bolster that, Rapp and others are also working to boost freight rail as well as tourist excursion trains.

As a chairman of a House rail committee, Rapp said he helped get Amtrak bus links from Moorehead City and Wilmington to the Wilson train station, routes that have exceeded ridership expectations.
Amtrak train and bus routes in and around North Carolina.

Amtrak train and bus routes in and around North Carolina. (Photo11: Amtrak)
Where could you go?

Right now the closest Amtrak station is in Spartanburg, South Carolina, an hour and 12 minute drive from Asheville. Under the newest proposal passengers would catch an Amtrak Thruway bus from Asheville to Salisbury, a two-hour and 11-minute car trip. Destinations from there:

Salisbury-Greensboro: One hour, 52 minutes (Tickets starting at $10).
Salisbury-Raleigh: Two hours, 30 minutes (Tickets starting at $26.50).
Salisbury-Washington, D.C.: Seven hours, 21 minutes (Tickets starting at $95).

Asheville was next on the list, but massive flooding in 2004 diverted $450 million in state money to disaster relief. The route was set for state funding again in 2008, but the Great Recession put it on the back burner.

The city, meanwhile, used federal and state money to buy land for a passenger rail and multimodal facility which has not been built.

Now Rapp is involved with the Western North Carolina Rail Committee, a nonprofit reconfigured from a group started by the chamber of commerce. He has made the pitch to various WNC local governments, including Asheville's council on Feb. 12, where the city's elected officials unanimously passed a resolution supporting state funding for the bus.

Councilman Keith Young called the idea "exciting" and said he remembered using the train as a college student.

"It was a very economical way for me to travel back and forth going home."

Councilwoman Julie Mayfield urged people who want passenger rail to support the early effort.
Asheville City Councilwoman Julie Mayfield

Asheville City Councilwoman Julie Mayfield (Photo11: Angeli Wright/awright@citizen-times.com)

"I hope that it’s coming and I hope that we all can get on that bus so we can get on that train."
What does North Carolina have planned for Asheville passenger rail?

Here's the official statement on the state Department of Transportation's website.

Western North Carolina

To extend passenger rail service to Asheville and western North Carolina, the N.C. Department of Transportation, in March 2001, adopted a phased plan that includes renovating or building train stations that incorporate other community uses.

NCDOT works with communities on station and rail safety improvements while identifying funding to restore passenger rail service to the western part of the state.

In the interim, NCDOT has requested that Amtrak update a study that analyzes the feasibility of operating an Amtrak Thruway Bus service between Salisbury and Asheville. The service would gauge public interest in a mass transit option between Salisbury and Asheville and function as an intermediate step before seeking a more capital-intensive, long-term rail option.

Western Trainz Site/ Faulty Asset Update? / Photos Marias Pass, Shortline Etc.

Good Saturday all,

I had the pleasure of finding a new Website I wasn't aware of, looks like it started in 2018, where was I when this happened, oh I know, I was fooling around in Trainz....

Alright all kidding aside, please go over and check out their site, see what this dynamic duel is up too? I like the way the site is designed and wish them good traffic and good look in their Journey!!!

https://kgpnnhs42.wixsite.com/westerntrainz

And the Web Thread link for our forums, too read up the minute changes

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?151414-Western-Trainz-WIP-and-releases

From there lets have a discussion on what I have been up too.....A lot, I can tell you that.

Happy to report, I got rid of all my Missing and Faulty Assets, with the minor exception of Mcguirel's or pofig Trees, a couple of Dozen at the most.......So I cleared out the last 230 problem assists, fixing all but maybe 20........I am one happy camper.......This is huge milestone to get these cleaned up because I'm too embarrassed to say, a portion, probably1000 are back in the Days of me and TS-12........

Shame on me, for not cleaning my Trainz house up sooner, but it's not Spring yet here, so I am ahead of schedule in that regard......

I let go about 10 Routes to the round file yesterday, not needed anymore, and downloaded Hungry horse River, a Logging railroad, and Vosges (TANE updated) believe is French area route........

"An evocation of the 'Chemins de Fer de l'Est' (East Railways) in 1920, through a route in Vosges.
Download the dependencies on the site : https://sites.google.com/site/vosgestrainz2012english1/ "

And finally East Cornwell & Branches, which I think there 4-5 different types of this Authors, marky7890, and I like his Route, it is very nice size with lots of Detail in .........Well done Sir...

"The Cornish mainline for the first 30 miles from Plymouth (Devon) to Lostwithiel, and the branches to Gunnislake, Looe and Fowey Docks (Freight only) as well as the Bodmin & Wenford Railway.
Version 3: Replaced Bodmin General road bridge."

Am I crazy grabbing more Routes, ah nope!!! Just a little OCD kicking in, but you have see the reasoning here, or is it a method to my madness??????,

I gave away 10 to the Recycle bin, and grabbed 3, so that is Net Net -7 Routes less.....

And over time, I will cut my other 80 plus Routes back because about 1/4 are duplication's by different Authors,, such as the Cajon Pass, I have at least 4 Authors versions of that one, so 3 will hit the Round File, once I figure which one is the clear winner, as 2 of them , had no Tracks at all, so I was able to replace them with other heavy weighted Rail.......But I also plan on changing some part's of the Routes Mainline location, and adding some more Spur Tracks Etc, too suit my needs........There is nothing wrong with the Routes Fundamentally I just like to customize things for what I like to do.......

So tonight will look at Maria's Pass and some Short Line pictures.

Over to Maria's here is an Old Locomotive that I really like Northern Pacific #900, he is not fast, but he never breaks down either, tough old Goat.....Ain't sending him to pasture either....LOL He's out delivering some loads to local industries along the line........The Engineer, told me the other day, I like this one better than those darn Gen-sets pieces of Junk, all I could do was laugh....He said go ahead sunny, you don't know what your missing, when this little guy was built, you weren't born yet, so sit down and drink your coffee!

Ok I said, I get your point.........!!!!!!

BNSF Power move to one of the Northern Rail Yards, they are short some power due to 90 Day roll ups for maintenance repairs and certification requirements for Safety inspections......just another usual day on Railroad......

Cant remember if this is a Repaint or PHL one, Pacific Harbor Line Lease Pool to us, anyway, doing some Grain Loads etc.

You know what, I just saw what looks like ATSF Chevron on the Motor Inspection Door..........

CN Red coming thru on a Southern Canadian Run headed to the our South Ports or Chicago?

Looks like a dark sky here, Sailor beware, Rain or Snow is on the horizon today......Got to get a move on here.

ATSF Warbonnet Specials headed up hill and we have passing Freight meet, no problem, double main here, we each give the other Train a good Run by hopefully, meaning we don't see any dragging or overheated journal or Axel issues.......IN other words, not potential derailments in the making.......Take a look at these 2 Video Links.......

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/510525307745837341/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV0XqiCRlWE

Here we are putting out some smoke as start 1.5% gradual climb here.........

Over to Kick Starter Country and doing Freight Session with BNSF Power........We start from the Engine Shed, and hook about 8-10 cars for Shunting Session, take them over to an Industry for Dropoff Etc......I didn't finish them one quit correct, need to go back and try again......

View of the area from above some Tanks.......Nice Route to play on......Yes we got our virtual Sub and Duncan Donuts with Coffee to go,,,

Guess we can't go faster than 70 here, oh heck, I think this 25-40 MPH area through out,,,,better be good, don't want to get a 30 Day suspension, or worse, Fired...Slow and easy, due it the Safe way...So we can get home to our Families........

That'll do for now, you all have a Blessed Day out there.......night now.......

Cornish Main Lines added to my Routes, looking for Maps related to City names mention

Ah, a new week abounds, happy Monday to all,

Lots to do, Sunny days, and I don't have any more Faulty Assets hanging around. because when they show up, I fix or delete them on the spot, well in a days time.

So today I came across some very large Cornish Routes, they go to different places of which I am not well versed in at the moment, so I need to find some good maps Circa 1930 thru 1950 to see what routes belong to what specific area........I was in the UK for about 1/2 week during some vacation travel last year, South Hampton I believe, so I didn't get the total picture of what belongs where for now....One of the Routes goes into Scotland from the English side if I understood it correctly, and it is huge route too.

But what I can say, these Cornish Routes are Gems, really well detailed and nicely laid out, they appear to be much more of a Single, mixed Double Line Passenger Run operation than traditional Freight from what I see......So I plan to busy myself and learn more about these Tranquil Cornish Routes and the cities they transcend through........

Oh, and while I think about it, I have quite a few Signals, Bridges, even Freight Cars that look Translucent in TRS19, like they are being X-Rayed, they're looks are ghostly in a sense, really odd thing. Probably have to replace with a higher version asset that is immune to this texture malarkey......

I guess it must be diffuse issue or something, whatever it is, way beyond my pay scale.....LOL

First noticed it on Mohave Sub Route and some other small Routes I recently opened too last night.........I know Sir Jango is hard at work trying to fix the issues with the TRS19 has brought to the Table,,,,,,,Thank You Jango and other Authors who bring so many nice things for us..........You are true Artisans and so gifted with Talent,, I will always be in the Stick Man camp........

And here is a partial, almost complete list of Cornish Routes I have now.......heard of these names in Theater Plays, but haven't a clue as to where they are exactly other than in the UK Continent across the Pond from me......

<kuid:387341:100850> Penzance Cornwall To Wick Scotland v2.0
<kuid:455032:101186> CHESTER TO CORNWALL 2
<kuid2:515942:100004:1> 1930s Cornish Mainline and Branches - Truro to Penzance
<kuid:455032:101188> CHESTER TO CORNWALL 2 (Huge Rte) 001
<kuid:455032:100420> NG 30' Duel UM NG S-W 10Bd Corner&Indust 000a
<kuid2:515942:100169:13> Cornish Mainline and Branches - TRS19
<kuid:515942:100007> TANE 1930s Cornish Mainline and Branches
<kuid:552668:100119> CHESTER TO CORNWALL 2
<kuid2:179051:100304:3> East Cornwall & Branches
<kuid:515942:100334> 1930s Cornish Mainline - Truro to Penzance, Camborne Sector
=====================================================================================================

Also I downloaded a Tropical NG3 Route that is so out of this world with lush tree foliage, deep Caverns with narrow Waters and Railway......"QUEENSTOWN to REGATTA Point"

Author Vern's Notes below:

This route is very loosely based on the West Coast Wilderness Railway in Tasmania. I say very loosely as the route has been compiled from 12,000 miles away with little in the way of technical information.

A word about compromises:

The signaling and speed limits are entirely as decided by me. Note the signalling is set up more to allow trains to follow each other across the route, as I believe happens on the prototype, rather than to cross opposing movements. The mid section of the route is equipped with an ABT rack rail but there is no suitable component on the DLS so this has been omitted. The gradient on this section reaches up to 5.8% (and Trainz has made it steeper in a few places) so most normal 42' motive power will not work in realistic mode. The route will probably need to be driven in DCC (arcade) mode, or let the AI drive and admire the scenery instead!

A quick word about licensing - this route is uploaded as freeware under the DLS T&C. If anyone wants to update, change or turn it upside down be my guest - just please reference old Big Vern as the original author in the credits.

Above all, have fun!
Vern, April 2018.

I don't think I have ever seen such a Route like this........I have some plans to make a few Rail Route additions in it.......And some more Industry action here and there......Etc...

Once you download and open this Route, I think you'll agree how masterful this Author has made the Route, I don't know for sure, but I think this might have started from a DEM Map,,,,,but if not, either way, the Route is a 10X bagger for me......I have run on it yet, as I have been exploring all my Routes this last week, as I do a final sort of what to keep and what to throw out........

And I'll need to address the 5.8% gradient, when I come across it, I prefer nothing over 4% if I can help it.....But will see how it pans out, the Route is way spread out thru really tall mountains and harbors etc.....Should be able to figure something or do full Circle Tunnel in a mountain to soak up the 5.8% grade issues.....?

Nothing new to me.....Been there plenty of times in the past....LOL

I'll try and get some pictures on this QUEENSLAND to RAGATTA Point Route up on my thread.....

And I see I have second one by another person too....I have to see what subtle differences other than TANE Platforms suggested? Here are the names and Kuids for you......

<kuid:30024:100085> Queenstown to Regatta Point (vern) Ver 4.5 ( I assume for TRS19 then?)
<kuid:849438:100037> Strahan (Regatta Point) to Queenstown Tasmania - A New Era SP2 (jamesh1955) Ver 4.3 (shows TANE SP2)
================================================================================================

pics from Cornish Route DLC section of Trainz, really nice route.

<kuid2:515942:100169:13> Cornish Mainline and Branches - TRS19

I ran a train yesterday for a few minutes to see how it went,,,,,What a grand Route to play on ......And so much too see and do.........Alright, lots to do today, I'm on the run,,,,Thanks for coming by......So Long,,,,,,

New Rail 112LB/ROG Status/ Bucket List/ M

Good Wednesday all,

So I alluded to the fact of downloading a few of the many Cornish Routes, only issue, well for my intentions, I would like to know the enter relationship as to where these Rail Served Cities are located so when I run Trains to particular Cities locations I'll better understand how they interconnect to one another geographically speaking.

I was able to find a member in this forum, who kindly gave me Map of Shipping and Rail Companies. Now when I download certain Cornish Routes, I can better understand the Point to Point relationship, and possibly even merge some of the Routes together, since on a few Routes, I see double main lines ending at the edge of the Route Tiles.

Kudos to MSGSapper for his new 132LB US Procedural Rail, sure going to look great on a lot of my Routes I have. Job well done sir.....

Recap on my ASUS ROG, it's all SSD driven, 16 to 32 RAM increase, the max this Board will hold. And I am more than happy with the 1050 NVidia Card.(it might be I can't upgrade it) and that's OK,....The rig rolls hard and handles large route very well.....I made a good choice......

For TRS19: all faulty or missing assets are now cleared up...Zippo, Zero left over, best feeling ever, and my database rebuilds, about one minute and occasionally 80 seconds to roll thru 493K of assets,,,,,That is impressive speed and stats....

A minor detail, I have some Pofig and other Trees to clear out, and replace with the newer Trees for this Trainz platform.

All my Routes have Screenshots showing rather than a undescriptive blank screen results, and I learned the new way TRS19 syntax needs to be for Screenshots.

Now we go thru and cherry pick out the best routes to keep, and the appropiate stub or module Route Templates to make up a large Merged Rout.

And finally, when I get the gumption, I'll purchase TransDem DEM creator program from Geophil and give it a go.....I like to map out the area from Cajon Pass to Victorville Yard on UP etc......That's pie in the sky, but it's assigned Bucket List Status.......If some of you don't know what a Bucket list is?

Here it is and what the Term "Bucket List" represents to a person.......

Origins of the Term “Bucket List”

There is a good deal of controversy as to the exact origins of the term “bucket list.” Some people say that it dates back to the Middle Ages when a method of execution involved the victim standing on a bucket with a noose tied around their necks. The bucket would then be kicked away and the victim would strangle to death.

Another popular theory involves a reference to the Catholic custom of holy-water buckets. It used to be that after a person died their body would be laid out and a bucket of holy-water would be placed at the feet of the corpse. Friends and family who came to visit and pay their respects would sprinkle the body with the water

Finally, there was once a children’s game that was quite popular. In this game children would kick a ball about buckets that were placed randomly. If they kicked the bucket they would automatically lose the game and have to sit out.

It is easy to see how the term could have been adapted to be associated with death and those things that you would want to do today if you thought it possible that you might die tomorrow. But how exactly do you make a bucket list, and what kinds of things would you put on your bucket list if you were to make one?

Making a Bucket List

Making a bucket list is easy. You simply start writing down the things that you’ve always wanted to do but that you never got around to doing like bungee jumping, skydiving, traveling to Italy or learning French; something that you have always wanted to do. Sound simple? Well, it can be a bit more difficult than you’d think. Especially when you have to actually choose the things you really want to do and not be constrained by societal norms and traditions or expectations as to what is “right” or “wrong” or what is acceptable behavior.

The key of course is to simply start writing the first things that come into your head with no consideration of whether you should or shouldn’t want to do a particular thing. By writing exactly what comes into your head you are being true to your innermost core, and being honest with yourself is the most important thing of all.

Now you know more about what a Bucket list is, and it's importance to you and your life....

=============================================================================================
Lets slip into Mojave Sub pictures....And discuss some over view thoughts on few issues etc.....Mojave Sub Dbl Stack Session...over Winter Donner Pass Route by "Jango"

This session reproduces a historic occasion in modern US train history: the first commercial double stack trip over Donner Pass on the 19 November 2009 after the track and tunnel upgrades completed by UPRR. Now tunnels after Colfax have been enlarged and reworked to accommodate the 22ft high double stacks and 20.2ft Autoracks. Ground Crew are positioned at the entrance to each tunnel to ensure all goes well.

You take over IOAOG-19 for the leg from Roseville to Sparks where you hand off to a new crew for the onward journey. Before departure the leading three locomotives must be refueled so that is you first job of the day. The rear end DPU has been refueled ready for the trip by the Yard Crew.

Approx Duration: 300 minutes
Difficulty: Medium
Author: DennR TZIT DREAM TEAM

Thanks go to all the DREAM TEAM members; ettore48, pegaso, owseyiii and UP844 for their time, support and patience.
Special thanks owsleyiii for providing the Walkie Talkie voice messages, many of the trains used in the session and a great deal of American authentication for the session also to ettore48 for help support and Italian translations.
Finally thanks go to the TrainzItalia team who created Donner Pass, a Superb route.

Here is the Route Map, really nice Route to play on for sure......Great for long consists.......

Here's the big boys, pulling hard and firmly up the to the Job....

Here is how it looks, when we start, the back DPU is fueled, the front three are not.....So the first then, is disconnect from consist, fuel up, which is a real pain here, there are 2 inbound Trains from Both directions and we have to cross about 7 switches for the effort........But this is a normal day, and will get the job done. Dwell time is very important when it's inter modal.....Oh and I like this spec HUD on the upper Right, I get the Signal status on Main hud below, but this smaller one on top shows me names and Graphic Switch position......

Here is are fuel facility and U found one of Fuel Pipes is not sitting properly, so MOW is notified and they make repairs later tomorrow, in the mean time, this bay is closed and will use one of the other 2 available.

Here is the scheduled OIL CAN headed to Los Angeles points out of Sacramento.

We finally got our Signals, and now we are across to the other to Fuel and Loco Storage access tracks.

We roll about another mile south of here and do some sissor moves to get over 100' to our left.

Fueled and on the move, headed north at 36 MP, I need to raise the speed in here too.....40 is too slow........These are straight lines here, should be 50-60 easy......

Coming into Farm and heavy industrial area here before we hit the rugged hills ahead.....

Nice interior, noise control, comfortable seats, great air and heat for the Weather extremes here, remember Desert at this altitude, still very hot, and Icy cold and treacherous in the winter.....

Thank you for dropping buy, remember, even though you might hear complaints about how Trainz works, there is lots of opportunity for you to learn how to work around those difficulties, and trust me when I say this, I have been fooling around with Software and Computers, Game Consoles since the early 1970's remember first game on old black and white TV's if I recall it was called PONG, Yes and here it is.....

https://www.google.com/search?q=pong+first+video+game+1972&rlz=1C1PRFI_enUS830US830&oq=First+Pong+game+&aqs=chrome.5.69i57j0l5.9148j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I remember my Family playing this simple little Game, wondering what would come next.....Look where we are now.......!

Press your limits, the Future awaits us all if only we don't limit our natural exploration, explore Trainz, make a difference where you can, and help others to do the same.......

Queensland to Ragatta Route Narrow Gauge 42inch & how to find True North for Route...

A good Friday to all,

Looks like I have a weekend of Rain coming up after some nice sunny days, but will take the Rain, as we need it.

Today we move over to Queensland and Regatta Route

Authors Notes:This route is very loosely based on the West Coast Wilderness Railway in Tasmania. I say very loosely as the route has been compiled from 12,000 miles away with little in the way of technical information.

A word about compromises:

The signalling and speed limits are entirely as decided by me. Note the signalling is set up more to allow trains to follow each other across the route, as I believe happens on the prototype, rather than to cross opposing movements. The mid section of the route is equipped with an ABT rack rail but there is no suitable component on the DLS so this has been omitted. The gradient on this section reaches up to 5.8% (and Trainz has made it steeper in a few places) so most normal 42' motive power will not work in realistic mode. The route will probably need to be driven in DCC (arcade) mode, or let the AI drive and admire the scenery instead!

A quick word about licensing - this route is uploaded as freeware under the DLS T&C. If anyone wants to update, change or turn it upside down be my guest - just please reference old Big Vern as the original author in the credits.

Above all, have fun!
Vern, April 2018.
=============================================================================
So this is a very tropical Route 3Ft6" Narrow Gauge o 42" Track, single track on most of the Route with small passing sidings. And this Route tells me it has lots of possibilities for adding some more Rail Lines, Industries, Shipping and the like,,,,It is very well done, and I recommend it.

I took a few pictures, as I am trying to round up some 42 inch Rolling Stock, I thought I had more, apparently not very much in this particular Gauge. So I will be on the hunt for 42 Gauge Locomotives too....
This critique is for the New people to Trainz!

Looking at this Route Map do you know what is due North

Using Ctrl+M your map comes up and shows the existing map true North position, now look at the difference of how the map looks from when I last exited. The reason show this is, if you ever merged a Route, and found out at the last moment, the way you thought your Routes would merge, didn't come out as planned. I had this happen to me more times than I wish to admit! Because I never really understood that when you open the Map Window it will always show your Route facing true north and you'll understand at which 90 degree angle your second Routes merge points........

Now here is the correct true North positioning of this Queensland to Ragatta Map.

Here is the upper heights of the Mountains showing a Simple Dam, I plan to upgrade this with Power Plant, and a sundry of other Industries when I get some time.

This Lake area here, on the left Side, you see names, this is where the Rail stops and I plan on extending it around the lake and beyond with more station stops and industries etc,,,,,,Should be some Sawmills too since there is a lot of Trees that can be harvested.

One of the the Station stops here, Semaphore is the signals in use for now, and really like the short Switch Stands they use.......

3 Stall Engine houses and other things on the other side of the line.

Nice River area and the Route is up on the side of the high Mountains, they did a great job on Textures and Shrubbery....I think I will thin out the Forest by 30% because it does eat up a lot Graphic Resources for rendering the Graphics....

A small yard here for Rail cars...If you read thru the Authors Notes, he said he made this Route from 12000 miles away, he never saw it first hand, that is amazing, because this is one very interesting Route to see....I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.......

That'll do for tonight........Night all.

Last edited:
CDE Route Module Maps /Lost Rollins Pass/ Issues with Pole Placement and Track Curves

Good evening all,

So I Been cleaning out more Routes, getting a sense of which ones I would like to merger with others, IE Cajon Pass and Feather River for example, different areas but the Terrain and Elevation match up for me...

Also I found I was missing a Route, Rollins Pass, and had to re download from http://www.trainzitalia.com , Jango's Website, and this Route is very special in that I think it was one of the highest Routes elevation wise, and unfortunately is no longer there......

If your interest check out this Wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollins_Pass

Fascinating facts to read about......I plan to expand this Route with another mountainous Dem Route or similiar to add some more Rails. But that is a ways down the to do Bucket list I have of the thinks I like to accomplish.

Faulty and Missing camp: Well that end of things is doing real well these days, I make it a habit to fix, replace or throw out the Assets as they show up, when I download Routes or Assets I think I can use.....

CDE Auto Plant Module:Authors Notes below.

CDE Trainz - Auto Plant Chrysler;

Route Building Block, set in modern USA, made for TANE and works with TRS19, detailed 5 meter Grid. Mainline going South to North with 36 total baseboards. 3 baseboards wide and 12 baseboards. Main feature is the Auto Plant Chrysler that produces Automobile Chrysler and Automobile Mercedes Benz. It consumes Steel Coil 1.5x1m, Petro Fuel and Diesel Fuel. The Auto Plant Chrysler Office consumes General Auto Parts, Automobile engine, produces Scrap metal as well as more Automobile Chrysler. There are two General Goods stops, one at a FedEx distribution center and another on the other side of the mainline. There is also a small Gravel drop-off.

This Route section has a blend of forests, industrial areas, farmland, and some small lakes. There is a total of 695 assets, all built in, or available from the DLC.

Connect this Route Building Block with other CDE Trainz Route Building Blocks, or your own Routes, to easily build your own custom Routes and Sessions.

Feel free to contact us with any questions regarding support issues or distribution questions on our website CDETrainz.com using the Contact Us page, or on the Trainz User Forums you can PM user Christopher824. More information available at https://cdetrainz.com

Copyright (C) 2011-2019, Christopher J Donini, All Rights Reserved.(End of Author's Notes)

This map says it all, nicely laid out module with plenty to do and these Modules can be merger easily....

CDE ORE Valley:CDE Trainz - Ore Valley;

Route Building Block, set in modern USA, made for TANE and works with TRS19, detailed 5 meter Grid. Mainline going East to West with 47 total baseboards. 12 baseboards wide and 3 high on the East end, and 5 high on the West end. Industries include a Grain unloader silo along a river bank in the Eastern region and an iron ore loader in the mountains in the Western region. A Passenger station and a General goods stop in the central region where there is a small town. From East to West the Route is about 5 miles. This route also can be self-drivable without connecting to another route. Starting from the East side going to the iron ore loader, then back, is a 10-mile loop, and takes about 20 minutes to drive. There are no Consists on the Route, so you will either need to add your own, or load one of the Sessions that go with the Route.

This Route section has a blend of mountains, rivers, valleys, small rural townships, and some farm land. There is a total of 583 assets, all built in, or available from the DLC.
Connect this Route Building Block with other CDE Trainz Route Building Blocks, or your own Routes, to easily build your own custom Routes and Sessions.

Feel free to contact us with any questions regarding support issues or distribution questions on our website CDETrainz.com using the Contact Us page, or on the Trainz User Forums you can PM user Christopher824. More information available at https://cdetrainz.com Copyright (C) 2011-2019, Christopher J Donini, All Rights Reserved.(End of Author's Notes)

Nice balance of Water on this one too, lots of industry's to Shunt and Run operations.......AI friendly with plenty of Yellow Directional Markers....Yup, you probably never see this many Markers on a Route, but CDE has taken AI head on and he do what he's told too by extensiuve use of directional markers, being confused in which way to go is not allowed on these CDE markers.. Head to Head, toe to toe......

OK so I don't recall which Route this is, but I hadn't seen something like this before, did they push the pole thru the box or did they build the Box around the pole, and can the engineer see this translucent Semaphore hiding behind the heavy electrical lines......

I need to move around and fix or replace these assets......Actually this pole needs to be on the other side of this main line for visibility and clearance issues......

Straight on view here shows how the top Light of Semaphore is obstructed......

Box pushed into the Signal light, slight adjustment needed here too.....

I like this simple Passenger and combo Freight station.

Did they slide the track over into the Box,,,,Who knows for sure......LOL

There was a very tight curve in here, and I removed about 6 Track splines to make the curve easier.....I need to do the same with the Road on Right as well.....

Just some minor details here and there....

Over to Queensland to Regatta, Tasmania, Still looking for 42" Rolling Stock etc.....The search moves on thru DSL, and maybe even some Payware if need be......

That'll do for tonight.......Night all.

New Gensets/Tende issues/1 Tile Basemap/Cajon Pass & Feather River merge.

Good day and a blessed Ash Wednesday to all,

A prayer goes out to Jordon who "has epilepsy and I've been dealing with seizures for several years" and this week he had another Seizure....

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?150034-Reality-Check-at-the-Doctor-s-Office-Yesterday

Ok...

Got a hold of in constructuction Genset from Btvfd repainting america one day at a time, He does some awesome work...Thanks for the special Gensets

View from the other side on my test track with Steam moving the partially complete Gen-sets. Very cool....

Now this next picture of Southern Steam Loco, I have an issue with the animation of Coal Load in the tender raising up to far where you see light coming thru....Don't know if I can fix it or not.....

And this is how many tracks can you put in a one Tile Layout, really well done with Back drops to give it more realism in the view......

Author Notes:Simple base route for 14, created with Base mapz software.

So this little one tile Route can due the job, lots of Shunting and moving around on a Shortline simulation......

Here is view from one end of the industrial park.

Other end of the tile, he has Roundhouse with lots of Loco's parked inside.

Map of Feather River and Cajon Pass merge, it looks strange, but it'll work for me....I want to extend Cajon Pass on both ends for different Route conditions and longer running.

Plan looking for another Route with high enough elevation to slip onto the upper right side of Cajon pass.....And I need a large Rail Yard for that part of the addon......

And this is a new Route I just downloaded the other day to check it out and see if I like it....
THE RED CLIFFE LINE NG v.01

Author's Notes:The new Redcliffe Branch Line from Petrie due to open midway through 2016 will give commuters quicker access to Brisbane. It includes six new railway stations from Petrie to Kallangur, Murrumba Downs, Mango Hill, Kinsellas Road, Rothwell and Kippa Ring. This route is based on the Redcliffe Line but I've used some artistic licence to beautify or highlight some particular areas.

Built in T:ANE and then patched up to SP1. I have been forced to use STD Gauge track instead of 3'6' QR rail because QR SMU rolling stock have only been modeled in Standard Gauge. If suitable stock with the correct gauge are found, then the track can be easily replaced.

A Session provides Commuter transport handled by Portal Control, and an odd Freight train may appear on occasions. Sit back and enjoy the scenery of the Redcliffe Peninsula while the commuters go to work.

A second Session occurs on a Sunday when a 'Heritage Steam Train' runs from the Kippa-Ring sidings to Lawnton via Petrie, then makes the return journey to Kippa-Ring.

If you wish to place your own train on the line remember in Australia we drive on the left side of the road and that goes for the trains on this route too.

And the last Route, is the one I lost somehow, Jango's Rollins Pass, I plan on doing some Consists Runs, once I figure what the Rolling Stock is.......I put a few cars and Steam Loco together up here today, you can see how cold it gets at 11000 Feet and higher, that is amazing too think this route was built up this high in Snow Country.....If you went up there now, I don't think you would find much of anything, since the Forest Service hated the Railroad and tore out all there stuff after Moffat Tunnel was built to bypass this area....What a Shame that is to me.....

Here is an interesting Link to read about this once great Route high in the Rocky Mountains:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollins_Pass

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=rollins+pass+colorado&t=ffnt&atb=v157-3zp&ia=web

https://www.visitgrandcounty.com/explore/scenic-byways-and-drives/corona/rollins-pass/

Author Jango's Notes:ROLLINS PASS 1910 winter version
Author : GianFranco Jango Messaggi .

Version 1 for T:ANE
May 2017.

Rollins Winter Version Route Development Team 2017
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Staff:

GianFranco Jango Messaggi - Route Builder - Project Leader 2004 - 2017 - Roadmaster -

Chris Gerlach - CrisGer - Project Lead and History and Asset Making Lead, Site Planning, Location Design, 500 + Structures and Objects Created -
Moffat Road Historical Restoration Lead 2013 - 2016, Rolling Stock Planning and Development 2013 - 2016.
Carlo - Pendolino - - Technical and Communications. TrainZItalia Administrator.
E.Grua - Ettore48 - Beta tester - TrainZItalia Staff.

Bob - DennR ID:450495 - Project Lead - Train master - Chief Project Engineer and Technical Consult- Historical Research -
Developed Entire Rolling stock and Engine library and loads - Scenario Design.
gman347 - Paul Gorski - Architectural Renders-Historical Research-Rolling Stock Construction.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Historical Research and Sources:

John Emmot - (Denver Salt Lake Historical Society) Historical Background, rolling stock design and testing, site history, Railroad operations,
Engine history and operations, photo analysis and sourcing, donated many personal photos and 3 years of consultation
Ken Shaver - Publisher and Editor Corona Telegraph, Denver & Salt Lake Historical Society key research and assessment and consultation
Dean Steam - Historical sourcing, technical data, Curve Data, Engine operations data, photo sourcing and research and analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asset Creation and Sourcing and Assistance:

Roberto Conti - robertoconti19 - Trees, buildings, rocks.
Wayne Campbell - Created the rolling stock, and assisted in conversions : 100 + freight cars, 20 Passenger cars.
Ben Neal - bdaneal - Engines, tenders, rolling stock
Radu C. - colorado71 - Use of Engine for DNWP 200 series 2-6-6-0
Ben Dorsey Moo Cars
Linda Cummings on behalf of Clem (deceased) - Jordan Spreader
John Fitzpatrick - jjfitz1 Tank cars
Tom Landers - Standpipe
andi06 - Procedural tracks
Pencil42 - Water Tank, help with conversions and created 2 trucks for us
pcas1986 - helped conversion of Passenger coaches and texture adjustment
whitepass - advised on Passenger coach design
normhart - advised on rolling stock and asset selection and testing of rolling stock
trainboi1 - donated source files for Climax engine and adjusted textures and final model
JCitron - tested assets
captainkman - helped with conversions
vulcan - helped with his MOW equipment and updates for the files
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Creations UK - Figures and Scenery Assets

Reg Furness (RefMan) - concept for figures and textures
John Fleming - Fraser Depot mesh and consults.
Tim Muir - Advice, model reference and texture templates and consults
Steve Thompson - Structure Textures and Sawmill consults
Linda Irene Tingvik - Much help with Textures, Colorado historic structures and design

That'll do for today......

BNSF Central Valley Sub Div/Stockton to Milpitas/ Misc Weblinks

Good Friday to all,

I have been looking at some of Routes that go thru California in general sense, of which there are several Class "1's, and I have played with BNSF Central Valley Sub Division by "willianb73" <Kuid2:670546:100222:1>

Author's Notes:The BNSF Bakersfield Sub transverses the San Joaquin Valley from Stockton, CA to Bakersfield, CA. This 36 Mile Diorama includes a run from just outside Corcoran, CA thru Laton, CA. Hand made map 4 years work!

in looking at Central Valley Sub, I became interested in Stockton area, because it also includes a Port?

And so I did a Search on the DSL and what ya know, I came up with a Gem of a Route, 2.9, and hoped it would be accepted OK In TRS19 and it was, no textures missing, no track problems, what more could I ask for...

Track work is awesome, nice curves, everything is Mile posted and other Rail Co connections are all identified. Author "superfudd" has gone to great lengths to document this Route, so that someone like me, who is not familiar with this particular area can go in and know right away where and how other Foreign Rail Co's connect to this Route. So the route is close to 100 Tiles (my guestament) and it is not congested with lots of Buildings, that allows one to customize as desired.

Stockton to Milpitas (Alpha1) Kuid <:54833:1255> by "superfudd" Version 2.9, approx 10 Meg, and I think it had 2 missing assets, which I just deleted........It is a Quaint
little Route.

This Stockton to Milpitas (Alpha) is a major rework and expansion of Altamont Commuter Express by AJ_Fox. It only needs TS2009 built in content, I hope.

With that here are some pictures of the Route...If you like what you see here, go into Content Manager, DSL , use Key word Search "STOCKTON" and it will come right up.........

And I also found this on the WEB too, interesting but crucial Short Line that works a Port and transfers to Class 1 carriers....

http://www.cctrailroad.com/

Google Map for this RR

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...x9710b825968ae3!8m2!3d37.948597!4d-121.320734

And If I don't mess up and forget, my next Post will have something else I came across as I was searching for more info old and forgotten Railroads long before I came into this world......

"This new Google map shows America’s hidden network of abandoned railroads."

With that, this Route gives me a good primer template for how to do some of my smaller Routes over time. This is my perspective only, others will have different or apposing views, and I fully respect that.....

Next several shots show blocks of this Route, you can see how things are well detailed. Now everyone does their Route as to what they feel is adequate. And of course many routes are more complex by a long shot, and it would take forever to do this amount of detail as such.....

I tried to take these in cross sections so you could see better, the kind of Detail he did on this Route.

Because I have more Route size flexability, I going to add some end Tiles to parts of the outside edges here.....

There is lots of Sub Spur/mainline marked connections to other Class one Transfer Points, so if I want, I could expand out from various spots where the short connection stops.......

Check out the Yard below, and how well it is made.....Not too large, but perfect for what I like to work with....Can't waite to play more on this Route with SP and other Livery......

Good shot here, to show more perspective on how well this Car Sorting Yard is designed.......With nice amount of interchange crossover Tracks to get the Cars in, and your Loco out, thinking Dwell time performance.

Not to big Roundhouse here, and I can always throw one in elsewhere on the Route if I need too....

Nice Grainery here, tracks are set up perfectly for storage and Shunting needs.

That'll do it for today.......Thanks for Dropping in.......

Love your screenshots there blue!

Hope you don't mind me sharing w WIP shots from Midwestern Branch (bring updated to TRS19 standards):)

LYCVms9.png

TsocLEc.jpg

I already started the turffx grass thingy, so whenever I get the chance to take some shots of that I'll also post them if you want to see;)

Peace

:wave: Thank you for the kind words sir......And your always welcome here to post........

Never need to ask .......The welcome mat out for you Sir................:D

Thank you so much!:)

Like I promised, I said I was going to show you some screenshots with the turffx grass thingy, well here they are:)

qvkScxf.jpg

QhXhn7d.jpg

Peace

Back