Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Merry Christmas to you Blue and everyone else that stops by this thread:)

Yeah that's also happening to me as well. What I do is just ignore it as there is a bug with SP1 already that checks for what DLC's you have installed and what DLC's you don't.
Midwestern Branch for TRS19 was released to purchasers, but since N3V supplied a broken set of navigation icons, they had to downgrade everyone back to TANE's version until they fix it, so I don't know how much longer that'll be..... hopefully soon...

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Cheers

Thank you Sir, Well as u said, I will continue to ignore it..........At least the rest of the Program is working well........With new update.......

A Happy New Year to all here too......

Good Friday Morning all,

I hope all of you had some quality time with your families on this Xmas Day, and I know some of you had to Work before and after Xmas as well, it was probably hectic, some of my Family members did too. A good time was had by all here.

My Neighbors wife who had a major Heart Attack just days before Xmas, has come back out of Unconscious state and the Dr's expect a full recovery for her. Our whole Church had been praying for several days and we ultimately knew whose hands her life was in. I am feel releived for the Husband, I can't imagine being in his Shoes with 3 kids, and not knowing if my spouse was going to come back to me. It was miracle that she survives this heart attack. Mind you she is middle age, in great physical shape, you wouldn't think it could happen to her, looking at her. And he too is in great shape too, Children are almost grown up too. So this is great start for the new year. I'm so grateful for all the blessings in life when you see something like this happen.

Now for for the Weather report, we had a whopping Winter Storm over here Xmas Night, the Storm brought a small twister Tornado, cat EF0, the lowest one in strength, that came off the Ocean and traveled a few blocks, ripping out Trees and I think some fences in the middle of the night. And it was comical, some of my California counterparts, asked, do we really get Tornadoes in California, and answer is yes when conditions are right. We have had some off shore and land based over the years. Some times the Weather folks can't determine if there was actual Tornadoes in the spots reported, but I can tell the Residents knew by the strong train rush sound of wind, and their Patio Covers, Furniture, Rubbish Cans, and who knows what else, that end up miles away in someone else's back yard. That is a sound and event that if you have never heard or experienced, you don't quickly forget.

So this Storm, for whatever reason stalled over So California, we have seen this behavior in Los Angeles area before, when huge flooding occurred, a Storm Thunder Cloud Anvil Topped, sat for I believe 1-2 hours and just pounded the LA area with several inches of Rain, it was amazing. Our storm Stalled in the middle of the night, and powered up, producing at least 2 small twisters, one in Ventura and the other in Orange County area. The latter, didn't quite touch down, I believe, but Trees were moved

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=storm+weather+in+california

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weat...ip-up-travel-trouble-central-us-this-weekend/

I am happy we got this Rain, our area has been so dry through this year, and no Rains in OCT NOV to speak of, but December rolls in, and we got hammered with Rain. Another Storm is scheduled for Monday, so at least we get 3-4 days to dry and absorb what we have.

Here is a link that shows our Snow Covered San Gabriel Mountains, this is the best we have seen Snow in our local mountains for a few years with all the Drought and Heat we've experienced. Ironically some of you in Midwest have seen some higher than normal Temps in some areas, in the last few days.....

https://www.latimes.com/california/...-rain-and-mountain-snow-thats-closed-freeways

OK now on to Trainz,

I have downloaded a few new Sounds, Locomotives, and UMR2020 Route,

<kuid:95512:100931> UMR2020 by Author and Route Builder "neilsmith749" here are his recent Notes below, about the changes etc.

This version has about 15 new miles of mainline track, and one new town. The update was mainly to provide a bunch of fixes to scenery, signalling, bridges, miscellaneous problems, and completion of a number of track-improvement projects.

I plan on exploring the new version (2020) am holding the previous one (2019), to see what is different with this new one. It is a large Route, very well done, and lots to explore and play with. It just works OK with my Laptop for now.....4Megs of VRam with Trainz only goes so far, allowing for Battery Capacity and Run time.

Speaking of which,

I bought my External Drive Boxes to house the new M-2 and regular SSD 2 Tera Drive's I will purchase from Crucial Memory next week hopefully. I still have hard drive space left, but my Primary Drive M-2 is almost 2/3rds full now, it is 235Gigs out of 256Gigs total size drive, which was OK a year ago, but you know how easy it is to fill your Storage space up with all the large Files, New Programs etc. I use a Dedicated Drive (D) for Trainz and PEV Utilities Etc, with the Rest of IOS and other programs residing on M-2 for quicker Access and Boot up times. It works extremely well for me.

When I bought my ASUS ROD Strix laptop a year ago, after surviving an HP integrated GPU onboard Video Chip, I never looked back!

The pictures and Graphic's quality of this newer system, with 1050 Gti NVIDIA, 4Megs of VRAM along with M-2 SSD, was a huge improvement over what I had. Of course the second drive was conventional Platter One Terabyte 4200RPM Western Digital, a bit slow, but I had my Trusty EVO970 Samsung SSD, with Magician Software for excreased read and right improvement, like a Gas Engine on Nitro, those who drive fast cars, race-cars etc, know what I am speaking too....LOL

For Next Year:
Purchase M-2 and 2 Tera SSD
Reinstall PEV's AssetX I did something wrong in the order of Installation between AssetX with other PEV's Tools, so I have some operational issues where Images, and other Modules don't launch or can't be found when I run AssetX tools......

I had the guide in which order to install the other Tools, but somehow lost the Notes I had when I changed Laptops......Actually I use Microsoft One Note and I really like it. Only problem was, with new Computer, I had a Version problem between old and new, so some of my Files wouldn't convert over. A problem with this and similar programs in Software Versions......

Wished I had known this before I got rid of my old Laptop, what a not so nice surprise......

The earlier program was 5 yrs or older.......We have had this issue with Graphics Program updates too, where a project Mr's Blue had made, couldn't be imported into the newer versions of Software. She was extremely perturbed that some of her design's would have be recreated and recolored over, think of Mesh issues with Trainz with newer Versions, like TANE and TRS2019. Of course

Think of Trainz Versions issues, and import issues, all relative I think in the same sense.

Trainz: Plan on cleaning up my Assets that are too dated. Especially the ones with Mesh issues, which I cannot Fix (above my pay-grade).

Start a spreadsheet with all the Routes I have, see which ones I really shouldn't keep any longer......This will take some time. So easy to acquire Routes.

Buy some new DLC Routes and Rolling Stock Packs from various Creators.

And then of course, I have lots of House repairs to accomplish. All in all, I think my year is full with lots to see and do.

With that and much gratitude to this Forum, with numerous help and support from fellow members,

I thank all of you who have come by to visit here and wish all of you a healthy and prosperous New Year.

(My apologies for not Posting pics this round, I have to go out and do some things before the Sun Sets.)

Just read your to-do list and I'm tired :hehe::confused:
I have sent you an e-mail, old friend.;)

As we say in Madrid "happy entry and exit" (of the year).

Our San Gabriels covered in 2-3 Feet of Fresh Snow.....

Just read your to-do list and I'm tired :hehe::confused:
I have sent you an e-mail, old friend.;)

As we say in Madrid "happy entry and exit" (of the year).

A Blessed New Year for you Javier,,

Correct in a lengthy List, it will take longer than a day, week, or even a Month, need to have a Road Map to get started.....:hehe:

And here is a Picture of our local mountains at the end of day Sunset.......:cool:

Just checked the Temps on the highest Mountain, Mt Baldy, looks like 4 Degrees, don't think any of this recent Snow will melt away today......

They haven't looked this great in a long time........:D

Good Monday Evening Folks,

It would appear next year is just right around the corner. I spent most of day, getting some new Tools and a small a sundry of other items at some great Sale Prices. All in All it was a bumper day, and the big Rain Storm we were supposed get, slid around us, just a few clouds and beautiful Sunset Today......

Now since the Holidays are almost past us, I started cleaning up my files in Computer, and trying to learn more about AssetX and it's associated Special Program Aldon's. The one problem I have with AssetX is I think I overwrote the startup files when I added, PEV's Images, Attachment Maker, PM2IM, Soundz, Train Swayer, Texture TXT, Train Mesh Viewer, I could be wrong, but since I have PEV's Tool's on D Drive and not C Drive, I think the installer thinks it is on C: When in reality I have it on D: Drive.
D:\PEVSoft\AssetX
D:\PEVSoft\attachmentmaker
D:\PEVSoft\Images
D:\PEVSoft\Mesh Viewer2
D:\PEVSoft\pm2im
D:\PEVSoft\quickshadows
D:\PEVSoft\Soundz
D:\PEVSoft\swayer
D:\PEVSoft\Texture TXT

What is happening to me, I open an Asset in Content Manager for editing, it comes right into AssetX, I can see the File run some other repair programs, but cannot run Any of the one's above, AssetX tells me it can't find the startup files of any of these ones, I listed above.....So something has happened when I installed them a few weeks ago......

Currently I am reading the following help file from beginning to end, about 1108 messages, last night I found something new about Water Kuid, regarding Map Water Errors, didn't know that kuids have changed, and several older Water Kuids from versions 2.7 and below. Look for Message #88 in (There is tons of good info in this AssetX FAQ help Thread) I probably will need to re-read this Thread a few times over to assimilate all the Substantive details about certain things and how they Relate in AssetX.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?63264-Asset%B7X-FAQ/page26
============================================================================
Default Obsolete Water

There are a number of legacy water assets that red flag tag 'water' at TB 2.7.

List is not exhaustive:

-1:1
-1:1008
-3:10004
36649:21041
36649:21044
36649:21048

Substitute any of the following will clear the red flag:

-1:6342 Choppy Water
-1:6351 Rippling Water
-1:6352 Rough Water
-1:6353 Calm Water
-1:6354 Glassy Water

Routes affected when trainz-build raised to TB 2.7 were:

41009:100001 Port Ogden&Northern
54059:20002 Fox Lake V2
67396:100019 Lisboa Azambuja
128675:180618 Maine Central - Final Version

Again list is not exhaustive as several years ago I substituted in other routes for 'Water', 'Water 1' and 'gerWater'.

N3V Beta Tester. Trainz Pioneer Council. TrainzDev Team.
Asset X, PEVTools and TARDIS Beta Tester
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/i...AssetX_Scripts
================================================================
For the newer Members, AssetX is powerful program, it will take you a while to get thru, the most important thing, make copies of your Assets before you work on them. Once you play with AssetX and learn the true potential, you'll wonder how you ever got along without it.....I am no Pro with AssetX but I can tell you, I am doing my best to learn what it can do, and how to do it. I really want to learn how to do Batch Files when repairing multiple Assets with the same type issues.

So there you have it for today's, Story in Trainz.

Tonight will see a picture of San Gabriel with lots of Snow, and some Fairmont and Kelly Shortline Rte.

Some very reliable C&O power is moving a hefty load of Boxcars to all our Shippers here. It's a trans-load situation with both Loads and Empties being swapped out. So you can see the importance of on time, low Dwell times. Today about 60-150 Boxcars and other types of loads will Transverse through this area, with Amtrak's about every 2 hrs, when that occurs, these mainlines need to be clear of Freight moves for about 1/2 hour, and then we resume.

Set of Beer Tables, getting moved around, I need to replace this Red Corona that is way to bright for this FRED Application.

Switch is set, and we have a good amount of Freight headed into Beer, Grain, and Shipping Facilities.

A rebuild and expansion of the Old Refinery System is in progress on the other side of this Boxcars. That will require another Crew to rotate Tankers from here down into Oil Storage Tanks some miles away from here. This crew is too busy with new high volume of Boxcars each day, not complaining, it's just we've had lots of Industrial expansion in this area. Good earnings for the Railroad as long as we don't over promise. The key like anything else is Excellent Service, on time deliveries, the ability to work out the unexpected within reason.....Keep that Shipper respect. Or our Favorite saying, the customer is king.

At the end of this Consist, will be some Grain Cars headed for small Silo Operation up ahead to our right. But will drive further up, we have heavy industries packed in tight, with 2 and 3 car Team Tracks...They are eagerly awaiting our Cars here......Good thing is not to much sorting here. Oh and see if you can find the Sun that is well hidden here?

A very long view here of narrow tile setup, I put low hills on the left, and small rolling hills over the right here, in middle, I matched out Shunting Tracks where I could.......I have to say, this little "Fairmont and Kelly Shortline Rte." is fun to play with, and is merged with Wilson Mills, and Fairmount E/W Rte Merge on the West side of Wilson Mills Route....

And the pride of Signaling aspects, a Lunar Signal, bottom of the mast on three way split sorting yard etc. As George Peppard once said in the A-Team Movie Series, he loved it when a plan came together! And so do I!!

A lone C&O is docked sits on Wye awaiting Work orders, Clear Tracks are deceiving here, in a few hours, they'll be filled to capacity with lots of Shunting for our crews. From the looks of Sunshine shimmer on rails, I due believe it is High Noon, will have some time before Nightfall hits us. And while I am thinking about it, I need to lots of area and Street Lamp work done here, else we are going to be in an extremely dark area. Of course the Brakeman man and Engineer have Flashlights and Signal Lanterns, but proper lighting goes a long way in Rural areas like what you see here, just need to have them well placed for effect.

Well what do know, Dispatch has just called our lone Loco to power up and get these Loads across the way here. clear for new incoming loads coming in this afternoon. Got to run now, can't be late, duty calls.....See you all next year, and will see where we are next.....Night all, and thanks again for coming by...

Happy new year Blue and everyone else here!:)
----------
A little something, took a small video of my WIP route of a CN local entering the industrial park to service some industries before continuing down the line
Rhhnqpq.jpg

And here is the video:

Cheers

Happy New Year to all,

Hope all of you had a wonderful Celebration, ringing in the New Year, I partied until it was 1999,, er uh 2020, have to get used to that.....Sounds like the name of a TV show. Actually we finally went to Sleep about 0500AM in the Morning, and in 4 hours were watching our Rose Parade on the Tube......

So I have some good news, as you know, I had some problems with PEV Utility's AssetX specifically, now this was not a problem of the Program itself, it was doing what it thought was correct. I think the issue, was in fact User Error, in the order installed and I updated AssestX with Tardes and individual PEV Utilities. So I checked the individual Utilities and they work fine, which led me to believe, they need to be installed first, not last after AssetX.

I then deleted AssetX only and did a reinstall, tested it, and it worked perfectly. Then added Tardes Scripts, and so far so good......Not when I call PM2IM or IMAGES, from within AssetX they work.....Now we are cooking with Gas as they say.

So next thing in line, was to start working on my list of Faulty Assets, I got thru quite a bit.....

The largest part is

<kuid2:72938:43504:1> M: (B) UltraTreez-Conifer 01 (Billboard Series) mcguirel, all their Trees have to go, and be replaced. I have a list of trees somewhere that showed translation of similar types for all the Routes that need them. This is tedious, as I am quite aware over the years from other Members Comments in Forum. But if I put my mind to it, I can accomplish it in due time. Patience is virtue.

Now some other good news, I was able to fix most if not all my Translucent Assets showing in TRS2019, either with AssetX or by manually editing all the Texture Txt files with this added comment Tag.

If you are up for the task you can add the tag:
Code:
AlphaHint=masked
to the texture.txt. In most cases it works fine. Instead of masked, semitransparent could also be tested to see if it creates the effect you want. Here is an example with an Auran asset:

The first alternative, if your Asset shows Modified, then try REVERT TO ORIGINAL in Content Manager, sometimes, not all the time, it will work, and it is really quick, a matter of 15 seconds, and your done.

Next week, me and Mr's Blue will take our out of town in-laws to visit a Widow, who lost her Husband to Alzheimer's, a horrible disease, She is doing much better now, it's her second Xmas without her believed Husband. It makes her so happy to see us a few times during each year, she lives in Sacramento, some 8 hours away on Road......I'll post when possible, and maybe if I am lucky, get some pictures of Shortline RR's working Industries along the Freeway we take to travel.

That's about it for this briefing today.......

Tonight pictures is continuation Fairmount and Kelly Shortline MP Rte

My Trio of 3 here are headed for a busy day, shuffling Boxcars around.

Our lower yard power pushed these the loads up here, where my Trio makes Joint and pulls them to designated drop off points.

I need lots of more practice runs in this area, too see if more Rail Cross Connections are warranted for better Shunting, you know how it is, you lay out what you think you'll need, and then 6 months, maybe a yr or two later, a light bulb, springs open, and one says to themselves, why didn't I do this to start. Else the comment, Necessity is the MOTHER Of INVENTION.

Tankers and other types of Loads just brought in here, Shippers are happy, Delivery was properly placed and on time.

This is an earlier view of the area, some of this has changed a bit. If I recall, I put some industries on the left open area here.

Single Spur turns into double Team and bypass tracks, allowing us to shove on the left side, all the way down to last Industrial spot, with some specific crossovers hooked in, so we drop in to individual industries. These Spurs are close to a Mile long. Allowing for 30 car shipments.

This customer takes lots of Loads for Food processing. Great business for the Railroad.

This area comes with major interchange, however some of gets a bottleneck at times with single mainline, but I am working on alternate Rail access where possible. The Small Interchange Rail Car Sorting yard 3 stubs and one thru track the Power Company around the right.

A flyover view of the area previous Photos here. The Oil Refinery has double lead in Tracks, they require a lot Tanker Cars to move copious amounts of Oil products from this Refinery Plant.

Well, it looks like all our Boxcars and other Junk loads are in place now. Green light tells me Amtrak is coming thru with minutes here. Our day has gone well. Tomorrow, will see comes next on the Scheduled runs.

Enjoy your week and I hope all your New Year wishes come true.

My wish is for one of our very Special Members, Sir Dave Snow, who brought us much joy, too recover, he is having a tough time. And needs all our wishes and prayers for his recovery from Acid Re-flux......Please keep him in your thoughts........

Heinrich505 said:
Hiawathamr,
Your screen shot looks like a photograph! Nicely done. :cool:

Heinrich505

Thank you Heinrich505!:)
I'll have more throughout this year;)

Cheers

blueodessey said:
Happy New Year to all,

Hope all of you had a wonderful Celebration, ringing in the New Year, I partied until it was 1999,, er uh 2020, have to get used to that.....Sounds like the name of a TV show. Actually we finally went to Sleep about 0500AM in the Morning, and in 4 hours were watching our Rose Parade on the Tube......
lol, sounds like you where busy celebrating, but I don't blame you as we not only start a new year, but also a new decade;)
I went to bed at my normal time, as I hardly celebrate the new years these days. It just seems to me that new years seems to just contain new problems / troubles, so I'd rather get my sleep in.:hehe:

Cheers

A happy and heathy New Year wish for you two.

Thank you Heinrich505!:)
I'll have more throughout this year;)

Cheers

lol, sounds like you where busy celebrating, but I don't blame you as we not only start a new year, but also a new decade;)
I went to bed at my normal time, as I hardly celebrate the new years these days. It just seems to me that new years seems to just contain new problems / troubles, so I'd rather get my sleep in.:hehe:

Cheers

Hello my Friends, (hiawathamr 1786968, Heinrich505)

Good to see you around here......

I had so much fun New Years, I tired myself out, took me another day to recover....But sure was fun to see old friends etc.......:hehe:

Today, I fixed some things around here, awaiting my attention......And this weekend, I'll take down the Xmas Lights, since there is no Rain these last few days.And then it is back to last years unfinished projects, more Roof maintenance repair to complete but at least there is no leaks at the moment. ;)

The great thing this week, I got my AssetX working as it should, now I can clear up most of my Faulty Assets........Yeah!!

This weekend is almost upon us too........Please enjoy yours.......:wave:

Route with Altitude Problems and Javier's Xmas gift to me......

A Blessed Sunday to all,

Tomorrow, our family leaves for Sacramento to see our friend who is Widowed for just a little over a year, she does pretty good now, but it is still fresh in her mind, and will be probably for some years to come. Losing a Spouse has to be a life changing event. Someday it will come to Blue's house. For now, as I tell all my friends, live each day to it's fullest.

On to Trainz talk:

PEV's tools, is working very nice now, that I got them installed properly, I need to learn how to do Batch Modes, haven't figured out how to do more than one at time. I know how to open multiple Assets in AssetX, and too tag them, but I can't get past that point with a Script call......I have to read directions in the manual when all else fails......

Yesterday, I did a lot of Uniform Color repairs, and some Images repair. Smooth as silk. ;)

I went to Assets and got rid of all the ones with Mesh Issues that only the Original Author can fix, and that pretty much a forgone conclusion due to the Age and other factors, so in the best option, they have been permanently deleted.

Because I have downloaded a slew of Routes, gone thru 4-5 different Versions of Trainz over 5 yrs or more, I have acquired about 523,000 Assets. Along with these, probably a lot of dated ones by now. The trick here, do some Spring Cleaning, take a look at what I really want to keep, what looks OK, Great, and what looks horrible by today's standards kick to the Curb..... Start working my way out of this mess I have created for myself.
Now I am in the process of clearing Missing Assets out of every Route I have, and if it is too extreme, just deleting the Route altogether. Going thru Content Manager (CM) it shows I have 472 Routes, without Sessions added! :hehe:

Now in taking a closure look, lots of these Routes have 5-8 Copies, Original's, Template DEM Routes, Saved work projects, Multi merged with lots of extra copies. When all is said and done. The 472 averages about 82 Routes more or less.

This will take some time, as I go thru each time I open Trainz, the first thing I do is set out some 30 mins, to go in, repair Assets, Clean out some Routes, Etc, over time things will improve. Just like your house, it is easy to acquire things, over the years, you take a look, and Voila, how did this happen, where did all these things come. In my case, like a kid in a Candy Store, most of what I see I like.....LOL

While looking thru my Routes, I found a small one that for some reason has some serious Altitude issues. 1/2 the Assets sit up in the Sky by 120-130 Feet or so. It is cute little Route, so I am going to try some magic Blue on it, what I mean to say, due some Track spline adjustment with Track Tools, and then smooth the higher Assets with Ground changes....It looks like there some hills, now as to what happened, I have seen this before. But I don't know what causes this to occur.....It isn't a merge issue.....:confused:

<kuid:173943:3393> Kolej Bystrzycka Author is kilanziom Route is 8.2 Megs, 48 Tiles in Totality, not to large, not to small.....So will see if we can make this better.......IF not, then the Delete Key might be the only Option and move on, at the moment, I am optimistic, I can resurrect this Route......It will need lots of Terrain work, texture.......Patience and tenacity will come together here......

One thing will preclude this for moment, I am helping a friend with a Route in progress, so need to attend to that first. Then will play around with this one and see what comes of it.

Here are some pics of it before and after I started to work with it....Will see what happens.....

This Jpg file in the Route Folder shows how this is supposed to look.

This is the Route when it is open, no changes by me....

Another View from another angle.......Look at the height of the Back Drops, tells me about where the edges of surrounding hills should be, at least I can use them as Markers while I raise the Floor....I wonder if this Route came from another version of Trainz, and Texture went wonky? There isn't any Texture I can see......Looks like all the Trees and other Shrubbery are present, but mysteriously, no texture see here.

Yes the Forest is truly hanging in the airspace overhead. Likes like I have some Fencing missing too.....Or it could be a Plant Spline....I need to blow up the original Jpg picture and see if I can tell what plants, he used. There is probably a dozen or so Asset's missing here.......

Here is picture of the Tile Map.......

A special thank you to my Friend across the Pond from me, Javier sent me New SP 40ft Boxcar for Xmas.......Thank you Sir.

An old 40 Foot car stand next to a newer SP U50 Locomotive......I haven't played much at all with these particular models. From the looks they seem pretty powerful. Looks to me, like 5000 Horsepower in this model U-Boat.

Here is a link for additional info on these Big Boys......
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=U50+Loco

Got some reading to do, when I get some time.....

Speaking of time, I have been yapping to much here, I have a trip to get ready for.....See you all soon, have a wonderful week ahead....I will post some more, while away on my trip, if time and location permits......

Thank you for dropping by, if anyone has any ideas on what caused this issue with above Route, please, drop a line here on the Thread.

Cheers

Blue,

There is something seriously wrong with your copy of the "Kolej" route. You seem to have lost all of your terrain. I have it installed in TANE with all content error free. It is a beautiful route. I did not install all dependencies but I did bring a copy into my install of TS19 and the basic route came in without reporting errors and all of the terrain is in place and textured. You may want to try deleting the route and reinstalling it. If your friend has done some editing prior to giving it to him you may want to try an unedited version.

Paul :)

Dear friend, I'm glad that the old SP boxcar serves you on your routes.
Two curious things, the first is that you say pond and we puddle to the Atlantic Ocean, things of empires I suppose.:cool::p
The second, my father-in-law may he rest in peace, had an ancient and unusual name here in Spain .....Sacramento.
The world is small like a handkerchief.

Hugs from the other side of the puddle.:eek::hehe:

Blue,
The Kolej route would definitely be one to try and save, if possible. It was working just fine - with some missing dependencies - in my previous version of TRS19. But, when I upgraded to version 105096 (non-plus version), the route suddenly went Kabloowie, just as shown in your screen shots.

Oddly enough, I had made a session after I changed the track for the route a while back, as some of the track didn't come across well. My session version seems to be unaffected by the upgrade from my previous TRS19 to the 105096 version. I'm guessing because it was saved under my name as a session, but I really don't know. I haven't tried to reload it in TRS19 yet, but my TANE version is still okay. The upgrade also blew up my RiversideElectric route. :confused:

I hope you find a fix for it.

Heinrich505

Folk's thank you for the kind responses I'm headed off to bed.... Early to rise for tomorrow's meeting drive to Sacramento.... Will try to respond back tomorrow night.

Blue,
The Kolej route would definitely be one to try and save, if possible. It was working just fine - with some missing dependencies - in my previous version of TRS19. But, when I upgraded to version 105096 (non-plus version), the route suddenly went Kabloowie, just as shown in your screen shots.

Oddly enough, I had made a session after I changed the track for the route a while back, as some of the track didn't come across well. My session version seems to be unaffected by the upgrade from my previous TRS19 to the 105096 version. I'm guessing because it was saved under my name as a session, but I really don't know. I haven't tried to reload it in TRS19 yet, but my TANE version is still okay. The upgrade also blew up my Riverside Electric route. :confused:

I hope you find a fix for it.

Heinrich505

Thanks for your input, I have the same update to my TRS2019 too, and I found 2 other small Routes that blown up the same way,,,,,I don't recall seeing something in this fashion. I'll do the delete and re install thing, see what happens......It is worth a try.........

Dear friend, I'm glad that the old SP boxcar serves you on your routes.
Two curious things, the first is that you say pond and we puddle to the Atlantic Ocean, things of empires I suppose.:cool::p
The second, my father-in-law may he rest in peace, had an ancient and unusual name here in Spain .....Sacramento.
The world is small like a handkerchief.

Hugs from the other side of the puddle.:eek::hehe:

Evening my Friend.......:wave:

So across the Pond, is what my friends allude too as the Ocean Water that separates us physically....So they say POND.....

How curious, that the name Sacramento is name your Relative used.......I have never heard of anyone with that name....How Cool is that........

As our world grows closer, Culturally speaking, we learn more about each other......Cheers.:cool:

Blue,

There is something seriously wrong with your copy of the "Kolej" route. You seem to have lost all of your terrain. I have it installed in TANE with all content error free. It is a beautiful route. I did not install all dependencies but I did bring a copy into my install of TS19 and the basic route came in without reporting errors and all of the terrain is in place and textured. You may want to try deleting the route and reinstalling it. If your friend has done some editing prior to giving it to him you may want to try an unedited version.

Paul :)

Thank you Gman347......appreciated the info......;)

I think it has to do with my recent Upgrade in TRS2019, as 2 other small Routes that I found, while going thru and fixing missing Assets Etc, have the same issue too.....Very Odd.........Will Delete a and re install, too see if that corrects the issue........

Good morning all from Sacramento, its from a low of 35 degrees, to maybe 54 today, and I love it.....What a beautiful Winter they are having up here...Only thing, it gets really Foggy later in evening, so you might not want to stay out too late, else your going to be in Pea Soup LOL.

Today we go to brand new Casino and enjoy some nice food and do a bit of Gambling, yesterday we took in some Topnotch Golf, futuristic way of playing Golf, had lots of fun with family and friends. Couple more days here, then back home.

So lets get over to main topic here: I have been a busy little camper, cleaning, deleting and organizing my Assets! Yeah!!

I fixed all the broken Assets, and the ones with Alias Meshes and other other GS file issues, I deleted, I figured, I have had them for 2-3 or 4 Years, it is time to draw and quarter that line in the Trainz Sand.......And like some of you said, now when I download Assets, or Routes, I will, and now do fix them, or if I can't I delete them, do not want get myself in this situation again.

Originally, I had almost had close to 525,000 Assets, now since cleaning out about 5-6 Routes, and Bad unfix-able Assets, I am down to about 521,000. So I made somewhat of dent.......The 3 Routes that got messed up from Build 105096 in TRS2019, I had at the suggestion this week, deleted and re downloaded the Routes, but they still didn't fix the issue with Elevation and Textures messing. But I have more than enough Routes to play with, so it will work out.

Lots of the errors I came across were, Uniform Color, Version Errors, Alias Mesh, and other types of things. Now I am Error free on Assets, what a difference it makes when you come into Content Manager and not see those Errors now. Plus I have my PEV's tools working fine now......I just need to go through and really read the 124 page Manual that comes with AssetX to learn the finer points of how this wonderful Program works. It really helps to fix a lot of errors, and do some needed Version upgrades when it works out, you can't rather I should say, I don't know how to do Version upgrades universally on Assets. But I tinker around with AssetX and over time, hope to be able to utilize it more effectively.

Another thing, I was just thinking over, I need to take groups of Locomotives, Rolling Stocks such as Boxcars, Flatcars etc, and weed out the old Versions, such as Paint-shed Models. This should clear out a good amount of older items. Content Manager will really come in handy for this cleanup process.

Now what's left is help my friend with Route he is finishing, and catalog all my Routes, about 75 I think in Excel, and see if there is more of them that I should delete in the name of duplicity......I have Several Dem Routes, with basically only the Tracks on some, others just plain Dem, no Grid-lines on some, others that do have Colored Grid Lines so will see how that works out.

Basically a Bucket list if you will, something to fiddle around with and see it turn outs.

At one time I thought about getting the Dem Route from Geophil, but at this point, why should I, when I have good looking DEM Maps on the DSL to play with, not inclusive of what I have on my Trainz Dir now.......So a little pie in the sky's here, I may never do these DEM Maps, if not, then I will just Delete them later on.......One thing in Trainz, knowing your Computer Limits, knowing and having the Routes you want, and the Rest, DLC and other Rolling Stocks from Steve Lerro and other fine creators you start over time to realize what you have, and need, and from there continue on with your hobby. At this Point, there are some Routes I need to purchase, and some Locomotives etc. But before that happens, I need increase my SSD's both M-2 (Boot drive) Samsung SSD from 1 Tera to 2 Tera etc. Everything else on this ASUS ROG STRIX is good, memory is maxed at 32Megs, NVIDIA is not upgrade, but I have 4 Megs VRam, so this is good for me, once I finish the SSD's upgrades......

I think I have covered most of the salient points here......

Pictures for today our from my Merge Route.

Over near our Power plant, Lots of Boxcars pushed into large Plant for loading.

Our area is starting to get lively now, that I finished with most of the Track building. I need to add small items, Crates, Vehicles, junk etc to the area.

Picking up a heavy load here and head up yonder for Switching duties.

This car is pushed in for off loading items onto a Ramp using Forklifts to Truck-beds.

There are some Industries here, I need to figure out how they'll be used later on. I'm just not to familiar with this type of Industrial Building.

This little Switcher is waiting to pick up some other loads headed this way. While the Trio of 3 moves the longer heavier loads in behind him.

Our local Job here, is getting a rake of Cars off this large group and will move them to smaller facilities for Shipper Requests.

Our compressed Tankers have arrived, and will be sorted out for Special Gases and Fluids they are filled with.

These Tankers are fairly good size, made by Sir Dave Snow, I like them a lot....Thank you Dave for your wonderful Creations....

I pretty much have every color of the Rainbow with these Tankers. They look really good if you haven't seen them, check them out under Dave Snow......

Well it's time to head out to the new Casino up here and see what their place looks like.....Maybe will win some money today.....
Thanks for dropping in.

Good Day all,

Nice to be back home after some quality time with our friend in Sacramento......One of the places we went to see was the Sacramento RR Museum
and here is a link to some other Railroad info north of Sacramento.
http://www.rosevillehistorical.org/railroad

Looking up the street from the Museum is a Blue Boxcar I am not familiar with.... And some other rolling Stock in the open area.

Here are some of Pics we took there../This one is NG mining Train

Gov Stanford Steam Loco here....sorry about the lighting is so bright, but this is nicely restored Loco to view here.

This was the first of many Snow Sheds built to protect the Trains when heavy Snow Storms come in the Sierra Mountain....And they worked flawlessly except when Steam Engines would cause Fires from Sparks thrown.......

Passenger car liked a lot.

This was, if I got the info correct, the first Vegetable and Fruit Car to haul AG to the Markets. We were told this worked really well for the Railroads.

And really Steamer here......

V&T RR Steam Engine on display here, what a site to behold.

One of my most favorites is this one, Southern Pacific's Cab Forward Steamer, at over a million lbs, and some serious tractive effort. The size of this Engine is something else. When you stand next to this Giant, it is enormous.

Pretty cool the way they have this exploded view of Engine Compartment.

I saw this Amtrak Video on You Tube, thought I would share the link here......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3pNbh-cLZA&feature=youtu.be

On to Trainz it is so nice to not see one Faulty or Missing Asset in Content Manager now.......Everything is cleaned up and looking great now......The last thing left now, is Database all my Routes which will be far easier than all the Assets I cleaned up.

Update: Opened CM and did a copy and Paste of the Routes in Trainz I have. It worked OK, I had to manipulate the Data to get rid of the Kuid Numbers, the reason, was I needed an alpha sort, which correlates with way Surveyor shows the Route Order.....Removed some duplicates and now I know exactly what I have.

And that is it for today.....Have a blessed Sunday all.

Back