Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Hi Javier, Yes it is very possible, I just had 6 paragraphs written here, and stupid server at this site signed me off, and when I went to post message, I lost the whole thing, i have to remember to do a copy and paste before I hit post button....Thats, 20 mins of writing, down the drain....GRRRRRRRR :':)'(

Anyway, I will write it in my notepad first tomorrow, and then post here for you to see, please bear with me........:eek:

My apologies, It was my intention to give you the answer today....

In the mean time, can you post pictures of both Routes, I need top view only looking down on them, I need to see the whole route from the top....Then I can answer better to help you solve for 100 Meter difference in height issue.....

My apologies Javier.......

Dear Blue, I am very sorry about what happened to you with the lost letter, when that happens to me it gives me a lot of anger
eusa_wall.gif
; No apologies are needed.
icon_sombrero.gif

I had not thought about a certain route but suppose I want to duplicate my silver route to the north, I put some screenshoots with the height in meters.

Greetings

Javier

sr1.jpg

sr2.jpg

sr8.jpg

Dear Blue, I am very sorry about what happened to you with the lost letter, when that happens to me it gives me a lot of anger
eusa_wall.gif
; No apologies are needed.
icon_sombrero.gif

I had not thought about a certain route but suppose I want to duplicate my silver route to the north, I put some screen shots with the height in meters.

Greetings

Javier

sr1.jpg

Can you tell me if these Routes are on DSL......I f so, I can download them and give you better help on this......

Your Windows Signage brings back some very old memorys of yesteryear

Thank you for the kind words. It did a wonderful job:)

No route screenshots as I been working on some JavaScript homework. To me, its all Greek, so its taking forever to even finish one item:(:'(

To make things on the bright side..
I had been looking up the Windows XP installation music / out of box experience, and listen to it like every night lol
Here is the link if you are interested : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNXzMBA9VU4

Here is one of the many billboards that DES and Willem2's that I had reskinned and released onto the DLS with their kind permission:)

qFo0Bja.jpg

It'll be be called in the DLS listings <kuid:605579:101254> HI Windows XP Billboard once I get it uploaded (which should be a few minutes from now)

Cheers

Hi Hiawathamr,

Similar to you, I have been in the Bunker getting my Taxes ready for CPA, and had a lot of missing items, took me forever, along with the fact I had to replace ole HP Envy, buy mostly new Software and then find out what else doesn't work right in new computer, HP Envy was almost more than 5 years, old, I didn't realize how long I had it, and all my original Software licenses, well let say, no upgrades, and now everything is almost web based, which I don't like, you have to pay each year for that stuff.....Not a good deal for me......But today was the best day, I dropped off the Taxes to my CPA....Now he can finish where I left off.....

Anyway, like your signage, when I started with Computers, it was DOS 2.0 had just arrived on scene in 1986, and no Windows anywhere, you had to know the Command Line and Batch Files if you wanted somewhat GUI operation, ...Plus Memory was 640 K, no high memory then, and nil Memory for Graphics Card, and for those older folks, Math Co Processor was optional on occasion, I always got one to use.....And then the printer, ah yes, the Printer, Dot Matrix,,,Sounded like a mini machine gun on low volume.......and our Bulletin Boards, a hum, 300 Baud was the speed, and then it when to 1200., Freaking fast for my time.....

I started with Windows to what it is now....So I like your Signage a lot, it holds lots of memorys for me, as I have used almost every version of Windows in Use, and I do remember XP and still use it on one of my old computers for some Graphic and other Old Programs that ended in the XP realm of development from 32 bit to 64 Bit, there developers stopped making the software....

Take care my Friend, and enjoy your weekend......

Can you tell me if these Routes are on DSL......I f so, I can download them and give you better help on this......

Good morning Blue, you can download this route on my site

https://sites.google.com/site/fantreskinstrainzcomes/home/rutas-routes

It's a real route and I needed some years to do it, I walked the tracks and take measurements of buildings and other things that later make for trainz.
The name "Ruta de la Plata" is because the line of the railway follows more or less the layout of a very old Roman road, the "Via de la Plata" or Silver Route and the name of the route "Baths project" is by the small town of Baños de Montemayor or "Mountgreater baths" where there is still a spa with thermal waters that the Romans already used.

I have not installed it yet in 2019 and I have thought about duplicating the route to turn it into an American route replacing things, expanding some stations, etc. If you want all the dependencies tell me to make a pak with them.

For a better view, if you have google earth these are the coordinates

40º 21' 00 N - 5º 50' 30 W start of the route
40º 14' 46 N - 5º 56' 28 W end of the route

"Ave Blue" :hehe:

M-BALNEARIO-DE-BANOS-DE-MONTEMAYOR-09.jpg

banos-montemayor.jpg

12361721nq.jpg

1544038213-503527-1544038414-noticia-normal.jpg

Extremadura.jpg

Bosques-del-Valle-del-Ambroz-EDIIMA20150423-0500-5.jpg

91879.jpg

631144-600-338.jpg

Hi Hiawathamr,

Similar to you, I have been in the Bunker getting my Taxes ready for CPA, and had a lot of missing items, took me forever, along with the fact I had to replace ole HP Envy, buy mostly new Software and then find out what else doesn't work right in new computer, HP Envy was almost more than 5 years, old, I didn't realize how long I had it, and all my original Software licenses, well let say, no upgrades, and now everything is almost web based, which I don't like, you have to pay each year for that stuff.....Not a good deal for me......But today was the best day, I dropped off the Taxes to my CPA....Now he can finish where I left off.....

Anyway, like your signage, when I started with Computers, it was DOS 2.0 had just arrived on scene in 1986, and no Windows anywhere, you had to know the Command Line and Batch Files if you wanted somewhat GUI operation, ...Plus Memory was 640 K, no high memory then, and nil Memory for Graphics Card, and for those older folks, Math Co Processor was optional on occasion, I always got one to use.....And then the printer, ah yes, the Printer, Dot Matrix,,,Sounded like a mini machine gun on low volume.......and our Bulletin Boards, a hum, 300 Baud was the speed, and then it when to 1200., Freaking fast for my time.....

I started with Windows to what it is now....So I like your Signage a lot, it holds lots of memorys for me, as I have used almost every version of Windows in Use, and I do remember XP and still use it on one of my old computers for some Graphic and other Old Programs that ended in the XP realm of development from 32 bit to 64 Bit, there developers stopped making the software....

Take care my Friend, and enjoy your weekend......

Ah yes, the fun tax season, but good news, its almost over;)
I done my taxes back during the cold months of Jan/Feb. of this year, as the sooner I get them done, the better;). Oh yes, and I too hate the web based software, as if you don't have a reliable internet connection, and it takes quiet a few bandwidth, you are going to be having fun... and the subscriptions that come with it.... no thanks!! I want my CDs again :D

Thank you:). I'm planning on making a Windows Vista, 7, and maybe 8, and mayyyybeee 10 (I haven't decided yet). I heard stories about that, with the early computers, where you needed floppy disk to boot something, save, etc, and all done via the command line. The Dot Matrix printing sounds, you could've almost called it "machine gun"!:p:hehe:

I started out with Windows Vista and 7. Our first home computer came with Win Vista installed. Then I got my first computer, which came with Windows 7. The only time Windows XP came into my life was from the times I used the school computers, or at the public library. Other than that, I can't really say much, but I still like it as back then, it wasn't just an OS, it was a work of art;)

And I just started a new route project. Here is a sneak peak of it:
x6PZw32.png

Peace

Taxes / Peninsula to San Jose WIP Route downloaded..

Ah yes, the fun tax season, but good news, its almost over;)
I done my taxes back during the cold months of Jan/Feb. of this year, as the sooner I get them done, the better;). Oh yes, and I too hate the web based software, as if you don't have a reliable internet connection, and it takes quiet a few bandwidth, you are going to be having fun... and the subscriptions that come with it.... no thanks!! I want my CDs again :D

And I just started a new route project. Here is a sneak peak of it:

Peace

Hi again, glad to hear you got your taxes done earlier,

I probably lost about a month with changing old one out, doing backup, and going and getting all the new Software, and of course you know Computers are each in themselves unique in form and fashion. Once that is done, then I was able to move on with Tax needs.. I am confident next year will be easier since I won't have change computers n software in the middle of paperwork, Am really glad I didn't lose any files and everything went according to Hoyle....An old term from my time....

So your new Route looks fascinating, I get the feeling it is for a particular area in the world, or am I completely wrong and it's fictitious in nature......If it's under wraps, I understand and will await it's Debut....

I just downloaded a Route yesterday with Author Trainsf's Notes below:

"This is the Caltrain Peninsula Sub half done, it goes from Bayshore to San Jose. You can Drive the Dirty Dirt train which it's a unit train, and you also can drive the UP Broadway Local from South SF to Redwood City siding to switch in the port of redwood city. You can drive the Mission Bay Local that goes from South SF to Redwood City, then to New Haul Yard in Santa Clara CA. You can also drive passenger trains, Caltrain from Bay shore to San Jose and Back."

I find it in it's WIP, as noted by the Author, and quite interesting, and worthy of my making some changes to it, since it's in California, I plan on checking out the Rails, once in while when I up in Central and Northern part of the state.....

Enjoy your week,,,,I have lots, and lots of Honey dues to catch up on, not including tons of Yard Work......Good for heart exercise........

So here is a few pics on this interesting Route, first it has underground Commuter Service, I didn't know we had this, I have to check it out......I need to fix this tunnel, with more Burm to cover the opening here, and I think I need to change the angle of descent too, and extend the Gradient further with the length of the Commuter Cars......No biggy just some fixing and changing, u know me, I like to do those things to Routes when I get a hold of them.....

Think we the cars are to close for safe clearance and the Rail Circle needs larger Radius for these cars he has here........There is a Crook in the Radii, you can really see it here.........
'Everything is nicely noted here so I can probably find this on the Google Earth or Google Map OK to maybe try and add some more things to the Route for finishing.....

Over here on Bradshaw Ford side, there is some severe edge dropoffs, so I intend to block the open area with some tiles, so you wont look across open space. And several other areas where the track is too close to the edges, I really like the Route it holds my interest.....So I'll have fun making some changes for my own personal peeves.....I really like all the Consists, he has staged, it helps me to know what should run where at the beginning.

Thats it for tonight, I need to get busy and help my new Friend Javier with his Merging Question.....

Take care all......

Good morning Blue, you can download this route on my site

https://sites.google.com/site/fantreskinstrainzcomes/home/rutas-routes

"Ave Blue" :hehe:

Bosques-del-Valle-del-Ambroz-EDIIMA20150423-0500-5.jpg

631144-600-338.jpg

Javier,

I got your Route downloaded, but you have another Route to go with this one, correct....What or where is the second route you want to add to this one, that the height is much different....Please advise....I really like your pictures you made today....Really interesting about this being over an Original Roman Route. fascinating my friend.......

Just got the Route imported to TRS-19. Missing Track, and several Textures, no worries, I can fix that, it is a beautiful Route, really interesting and well done.......I'll just need the other Route you want to addon to this one, and Then I can help you match it up.......

Was wondering, did you do this Route manually, or did you use DEM Program to make it.....I like the mountains and hills and deep Valleys in this Route.......Very Cool work....Plus the Trees you put in....So random and natural in the way you designed it you can see the essence of your work here in recreating what was of this Route, true artist talents displayed here.....I like the Route so much, you should be very proud of your work...I know this took you a long time to measure create etc...it really shows your workmanship.....

Time for me to hit the bed, it's 1:00AM now, I wanted to type this message so you would see it today...Thanks for your patience with me......

Last edited:
I really loved those words of you, my friend, I am afraid of saying too many hyperboles to define how much I appreciate your opinion.
icon_sombrero.gif
icon_sombrero.gif
icon_sombrero.gif
eusa_clap.gif

The construction of the route in Trainz is fifty-fifty, from the north to the middle, made by hand using splines to sculpt the terrain according to the height of google earth; from the middle to the south the terrain was made by a friend with the HOG program, I think because I did not use it.
I insist, please tell me you are missing the route to send it to you.

What do I want to do to turn the route into an American? multiply by 2 the same, clone and join the two N to W + N to W, for that you would have to join one side of 870 meters with one of 530 meters, raise from 530 to 870 and join the two.

I hope to make myself understood in this bad English of mine, I'm sorry.
A lot of thanks Blue.
brindis_cerveza2.gif

Javier

44653586.jpg

DSC-0488.jpg

calzada1.jpg

calzada2.jpg

I undestand what you need now!

Good Morning Javier, :wave:

Don't worry about the English, you are doing great here.....You do much better in your English that I can due in Espanol transitive Sentences.......

Ok so I got this Route OK...

https://sites.google.com/site/fantre...e/rutas-routes

Now I think I understand what you want to due here,

I sorry, now I get it more quickly.......Please forgive me Javier....I thought there was a second Route involved......:eek:

OK,,,,,, so what you want to do is Duplicate the Route for a second Copy and put them together.....Edge to Edge........;)

Makes perfect sense.....I did that a couple of times with a Routes, and I also did it, where I split the Route too, and put in small pieces of same Route in middle and Edges etc....

Merging is a cool process if you understand what your doing...I have been merging Routes for almost 5 years.....It is fun for me to do......

Alright....Give me some time to play with it, and see how I can merge those up in height differences....

I'll post pictures here as I play with the Route to see what I can do for you.;)

Thanks for your patience......

Blue, you have the Saint Job patience with me (old Spanish proverb).
In short, there would be a route from 530 meters to 1400 altitude meters (the sum of 530 plus 870); all the time that is necessary will be little :hehe:

Blue, you have the Saint Job patience with me (old Spanish proverb).
In short, there would be a route from 530 meters to 1400 altitude meters (the sum of 530 plus 870); all the time that is necessary will be little :hehe:

Hi Javier,

I'm working on the route as I'm writing this to you I've added a bunch of tiles and I'm looking to see how we can adjust the difference in height I think I understand what you're saying it maybe more work than it's worth but let me see what I can do it might work out okay I started on it late last night and then early this morning so we'll see I'll let you know I'll keep you posted.

One other thing do you use Dropbox profile transfer by any chance let me know when you get a chance thank you?

Your Route coonection for height difference...

Hi Javier,

:sleep: Brace yourself,

I have added a bunch of Tiles to make up for the height difference and stitched the lower to higher CM difference......It is still very Rough, I did this by eye, and the Gradient is 3% for, but I think it will reduce lower, maybe 2.5%.....It's late and time to hit the bed....

;) So I will try and send you a copy of this so you have a better understanding of how this work, once we tweak it some more......Probably another couple of days, smoothing and working out the Grade differences..........

I will post more pictures to this Message block here, Only one for tonight........

There is much to explain here in how I do things with these types of extreme height dissimilar differences....But all things r possible it you just envision and take some time to experiment, plus it helps a lot if you have done this before too.......

Thanks for your patience Javier........

Regards.........

Ok Javier, I am adding this update: for Thurs April 4th,08:00AM PST....Here is where I am at now, and it's very rough, but this is where I do my work in what's called Wire Mode, takes out all the Rendering stuff load on computer, your just working in Graphical Wire View, so when I move lots of Hieghts in large area of Tiles, it renders quick!! Very quick so you accomplish more movement in less time, however, if you never play in Wired Mode, it looks funny, more like an XRay, and it takes time for your Brain to compensate the Virtual View of what, and where u r in the Wire Matrix so to speak, I am used to it now, but when I first used it,,,,Oh did it get me confused, till I understood and could start using it to my advantage, it is powerfull tool in Trainz Surveyor MODE......

So this is rough Grade, like a Tall wall , 100's of feet high, I am making a Track Wall from between your Routs on new expansion tiles,,,,I don't care about mountains or valleys, think of it as Framing a new door way or wall in your house, and all you see is Lumber, Stick View is what they call it,,,,You r connecting the DOTS or points from A to B.....Hope that makes sense to you?

Over here u see way different heights because first connection in some areas on Grade of 3.5% was too high for area between points, and that is Ok, I wanted initial line in place, so I could see what adjustements I needed, and did I need more Tiles for spacing to allow for height....Turns out, I had just right amount of tiles, just needed to add some on edges for more widening of narrow areas for curves too close to edges, Etc, So this uneven height will be cut down,,,,Its all rough construction now.......I don't worry about it,,,,,,Just need to trim edges later.....I know it looks messy.....

Ok,, Now in this view as I am adjusting the Grade % percentages, I can see thru the wall here on left, in Wire View makes it easy to see the Route Tracks,,,,,This is why I like Wire Mode,,,,,Makes it so easy to see what I am doing versus Texture Mode, an wouldn't be able to see thru like this.....

Long view here, I get a sense of the Grade % proportions etc,,,,,Too steep , or uneven, whatever I am trying to accomplish between two high or low points of connection Joints.....

Longer virtual Wire View here as I come into one end of your Route,,,this is going to work out great now, as I have the Grade at 2.3% of rise in steps....Easy for Train to navigate, not too steep....

This is all for now I have to run,,,,,,,,

Last edited:
No problem Blue. There is an old saying that says:

"On a gift horse, do not look at her teeth"

Regards

Javier

:hehe: Yes we are familiar with that saying here in America too....LOL..... :D

;) OK my friend, I have meetings this AM, and then work this afternoon into evening hoping later tonight, I can do some more work on the Grades and Tiles I made...Etc......:wave: Thanks and have good day there....

CDP Copy of Rough Route sent to ur Email location.......

Jaivier,

:wave: Just sent u PM and separate Email with CDP to where u advised...Please let me know if u got Ok and were able to install it....Etc.......

Advise your thoughts and concerns on changes, I have etc bkup copies, what I sent u is a work copy n very much Rough messy etc, right now....:hehe:

Most important is we get the initial Merge Points and Mainline where u r comfortable with them for your needs, and I can remerge the points of two end pieces of ur original Layouts, do not worry, ,OK....no big deal, I am Merging Surgeon and can cut slice, stitch the routes as needed.......Have done this for almost 5 years......It's fun for me....I know I am little crazy for merging some things, but it is good diversion for my mind if that makes sense.....:sleep:

Have good day, rest etc, I await anxiously for your reply sir......

My very dear Blue, I will install the route and I will see, feel free to do what you consider convenient.

It seems somewhat confusing, I use another method to make real routes from 0 and it looks like that controlled chaos; I will not say anything now so as not to hinder your work.

Thanks for your time mate.

Greetings

My very dear Blue, I will install the route and I will see, feel free to do what you consider convenient.

It seems somewhat confusing, I use another method to make real routes from 0 and it looks like that controlled chaos; I will not say anything now so as not to hinder your work.

Thanks for your time mate.

Greetings

Hi Javier,

Yup,,,,,you r spot on, it is controlled Chaos for sure,

but it gets the job done, efficiently for the main problem at hand.....U'll be surprised how it all comes together more quickly, I would call this part Demo or Demolition day, we just go in and knock things apart in a big way, then the rest of the pieces go in nicely.....No worries my friend, and too, everyone works on things differently......

The most important in the phase of work, is that your main line Grade % is OK???? for you number 1,

Then does the Route Mainline connection work for you, or do we need to change mainline a bit...Then the rest is fairly easy.........

Let me know so I can adjust things here...Don't forget, we/I can remerge your Route easily at different points to, so say you need the upper Route more the left or right of the middle new section, no problem, it easy for me to cut Route up, save and remerge at new location,,,,,,,No Problemo.....I know how to do it and have done it my routes when I look n say to myself, hmmmm, not quite right spots of merge......

I have seen the route and it seems good, the ramp gradients do not seem excessive and the layout in the new sections seems very suggestive, with many possibilities.

I am passing the dependencies to 2019 and since they are from 2010 they have many things to repair and update; I'll send you alpha packs, now I'm with dependencies "A".

As it will be an American route later I will have to ask you a lot of things, now, could you recommend a good American procedural track with variants (with or without ballast, rusted or not, etc)?

Feel free for this job, surprise me ...:hehe:

Thanks a thousand Blue

PD.- How long is the route now?

Resources you asked for and some other Questions for you......

I have seen the route and it seems good, the ramp gradients do not seem excessive and the layout in the new sections seems very suggestive, with many possibilities.

I am passing the dependencies to 2019 and since they are from 2010 they have many things to repair and update; I'll send you alpha packs, now I'm with dependencies "A".

As it will be an American route later I will have to ask you a lot of things, now, could you recommend a good American procedural track with variants (with or without ballast, rusted or not, etc)?

Feel free for this job, surprise me ...:hehe:

Thanks a thousand Blue

PD.- How long is the route now?

Hi Javier,

OK u made my day, now I will use this msg block here to post many ques about the Route so I do repairs and raise ground elevations too, general clean up from Demo......

As for American Rail we have a great creator that just made it specially for 2019......

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?151413-My-TRS19-U-S-Standard-Gauge-Procedural-Track-Project

And beginning of Thread too read about his development project Etc...

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?151413-My-TRS19-U-S-Standard-Gauge-Procedural-Track-Project/page3

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...9-U-S-Standard-Gauge-Procedural-Track-Project

MSGSapper Notes too: Message #79 in his thread says,

"For those who want to see my new TRS19 SAP U.S. Track in action on a route I would suggest you download the newest version of my Progressive Rail Jesse James Line <KUID2:439337:102147:3> route from the DLS. It became available for download from the DLS today and has my new track on it.

Note: As this is a PBR Parallax based track you must have your shader quality set to Ultra for the track to appear correctly.

Bob"

By MSGSapper......And it is getting excellent reviews, please check the Thread link above, his stuff, other things he makes starts with the word SAP so just open your Content Manager and in search type in SAP word lots of things will come up. You are looking mainly for vers 4.6 there might be some 4.5 which is made for TRS2019......

Example of one of his Tracks would be

SAP Protrack U.S. SG, Flat Bottom, Base Plates with Spikes, Shiny

KUID:439337:102580

So if you use key word in search term like...........SAP Protrack, you'll get a lot of different ones he made.......

I post more later here for Questions I need to ask you about the Route......?:D

OK Javier, what I need you to do now, is look at the Ramp I made between both routes, think about coming up from the Base Tiles on both sides of Ramp, My thoughts are this???
One side between Ramp and edges should be mountains, the other side should be maybe deep Valleys, what elevation on one side in CM would you like me to raise the floor up too......Its at Zero right now, I can go in and raise floor to minimum height and then make it level more or less, then you make your Valleys and Canyons on one side, and on the other side of Tracks, Raise the floor say 30 CM above Tracks like Cliffs,,,,,Hope this makes sense, then you can adjust the floor on one side and build your mountains on the other side Etc......

By adjusting the Elevation on each side for you, makes it much easier for you to smooth and raise or lower for Streams, Lakes etc too......

Let me know your thoughts, so I can adjust things, as u can see we have Floor at 530 Feet to 850 feet depending which side of this new expansion area we look at......

Last edited:
Good Morning my friend.

I have looked at the route well and it seems good, I will try to express what my idea is.
When I told you "feel free in this work, surprise me" it is because I think your American vision is necessary to elaborate an American route; I can give my opinion but it will always be influenced by my Spanish vision of the railroad.
Probably there is a similar place in a country as big as USA, I speak of the land and the environment.

The original natural configuration of the route on the N-S axis is a chain of mountains on the left, in this new can be followed or placed ravines or gorges, really I do not know. Any exaggeration will always be overcome by reality, I am thinking of a missing Spanish line that in only 20 kms had 17 big metal bridges and 12 tunnels but I do not know if something so extreme would be good on this route of ours.

Regarding the tracks, the work of MSGSapper seems exceptional but I can not put my 2019 in ultra, only in low with some things in half level and I wonder ..... will work at this level low these tracks?

For all this I insist, surprise me (American version)

885.gif

Blues thanks

Back