Page 70 of 76 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1128

Thread: Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

United States of America, Central Wisconsin
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueodessey View Post
    Hello there, well I can sure tell Spring Time has arrived and everyone, including your's truly have projects going on, now That I got those pesky Tax Returns done......LOL

So you say the tracks r a mess???? Hmmmm???

I don't think so,

I could take you to the port of LA or City of Chicago and show you some horrid looking Tracks. that are cut up, going somewhere, nowhere, heck I don't know, the way they slice and dice these industrial leads now.....

To, way to many trucks on the freeways now,,,,,And LA handles 46% of the nations Inter Model bizzzz.......Good night America, we are busy over here.......

Now lets get this straight, from my side of the fence,

I see your route as very well laid out, and you can actually look at your track plan, and I don't see bottle necks, like I did with a Route I downloaded today, and will have to go in and do some re engineering of Yards, mainlines, and curves and few other things, the Route is really nice, but Route flow in several areas, doesn't pass muster with my way of looking at things, and that's OK,,,,,I do the changes for myself and respect the authors work for what they intended.

Now for your Dock, I see right off the bat, nice sweeping curves, trackage not shoved so close together that you can tell hardly what track your on, let alone get to the track you want, because the tracks are right next to each other like a Ribbon of 12-=15 parallel and overlapping tracks like some of the Chicago Rail Yards back east....

So I am very interested in your Route,,,,it taint broken, and I know you'll probably tweak a bit more, but take it from me, that is one heck of a track plan you have going on, and I like it, it makes sense from what I can tell......

Excellent planning there....You have my Vote......

And don't forget to take a breather to reset the Mind and Body mode...

Sometimes Trainz or any intensive project will get to you, and you just need to take,, THE PAUSE THAT REFRESHES SIR" I truly believe in that........Please post up some more pictures too, when you get some, so I can see more......IF I see something that doesn't look quite right, I would be your friend and tell you up front, honesty is the best way to go on something like this.......

I do see one thing I might change a bit, but I would need to play on the Route to see if it really needs the change up, and it isn't a big thing, It is just something I noticed after a 3rd look at the pictures.......
    Hello Blue,
    Yay, taxes are done! That means don’t have to worry for another year

That’s true... LA for sure has a mess of tracks for sure! Especially with those industrial tracks that goes 10 miles if not more and dead ends… Chicago has something like that, but mostly on the not-so-safe parts...

Oh yes, I had fun editing other routes just for the fun of it, mostly the Razorback Classic from TRS2006 onward. It was mainly fixing the floating tracks it had, replacing the signals, and a few other things. Those were the fun days…

I guess I can think I-90 for getting the dock ideas for Chicago, as it runs by the NS mainline that sees Amtrak, the South Shore, and by the oil refineries. It’s a toll way, but I still enjoy traveling on that whenever I get to lol. Good thing Google Maps exist or else I won’t be able to go around the world and get ideas in general lol.

I try not to break my routes… Trainz on the other hand might… but I guess we’ll see to see on how that goes...

As for the breather, I had taken a long one from finishing up American Mountains, as it drained me from ideas! Good news is, I have an idea now, so while its still in my head, I better finish it before I lose it . I don’t know what railroad its going to be, but I can tell you it’s a Midwestern themed route (similar to Midwestern Branch).

As for the picture request, I have a few more that are about 9 hours old from more working on it, and driving a few engines to eye out the speed limits. That’s when I went back and redone the curves and grades, as some where 2.50% for no reason! I’ll have to play with the super elevation as some of the curves could use some

Here is an update to the harbour
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/BpIYj6o.png[/img]
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/Oy33zBO.png[/img]
    A little something that I don’t know if it’ll stay there, or if it’ll be somewhere else
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/EQwXolw.png[/img]

My testing train for getting the speed limits, curves, and grades
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/cFYJRON.jpg[/img]

UPDATE: so it turns out the forums isn't letting me post anymore images normally, so now I'll have to provide the links instead.... Ugh..

That’s all I have at the moment,
    Peace,
    Nate
    Last edited by hiawathamr; April 8th, 2019 at 10:13 AM.

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

Thumbs up Very unusual bridge...

Wow, I never knew this kind of Bridge even existed, I love it Javier,,,,Lets see where we can use this on your Route........????

Very, Very cool item.....I am stoked over this Bridge.....

Those pictures r worth a 1000 Words each, it makes perfect sense....Very smart idea too......Who knew they had Bridges like this, I sure did not......Never heard it mentioned before, Javier your a great resource and wealth of information my friend....

Wow, I never knew this kind of Bridge even existed, I love it Javier,,,,Lets see where we can use this on your Route........????

Very, Very cool item.....I am stoked over this Bridge.....

Those pictures r worth a 1000 Words each, it makes perfect sense....Very smart idea too......Who knew they had Bridges like this, I sure did not......Never heard it mentioned before, Javier your a great resource and wealth of information my friend....
    Good afternoon Blue

At the beginning of the 60 the Entrepe˝as reservoir (Betweenrocks) was finished; As the water rose level, roads and the RR line were submerged. The hydroelectric company commissioned the construction of these bridges (two) to a pool of engineering firms that came to that solution by saving costs and space (do not duplicate bridges for road and RR). They will not be the biggest or the most beautiful in the world but for the train lover they have a special charm although even here in Spain they are little known.

For Trainz I will make two types of exits or entrances similar to those that you see and when I have done it I send it to you.

You have a lot of patience with me, engineer

Javier I look at it this way it's a symbiotic relationship you learn from me I learned from you it's a very good thing because I can't come over to your country very often and I don't know if you're coming over here but it's a lot of money to go on trips and so it's really cool to learn from somebody that lives there I think it's a good deal and I'm having a lot of fun with it thank you so much for your time and patience to my friend.... 😎

Good morning partner

Cultural exchange? I think it's perfect, the culture widens the horizons and "learning does not take place", I say it in my case, always learning.
    I visited your fantastic country many years ago but only for work and very little time; I think you would like Spain because it is similar to USA in the variety of orography, climate, landscapes, etc, of course much smaller, I think you would not feel like a stranger.

The bridge
    I have opted for a modular solution and I have also created two input-output types, one for straight tracks and another for curved tracks, so we get at least 4 bridge types, if we add that can join sections of the main part becomes a bridge quite versatile. The main supports have a height of 100 meters or 300 ft and it is also modular to place where necessary and regulate in height.
    I have to add some supports in the curved in-out piece and fix some bugs I've seen but like "a picture is worth a thousand words" attached some screenshoots.

Let's see what you think.

See you later Blue

Javier

Question

Good Day the bridge is looking great,

One thing you need is a supporting Post where the concrete hangs out to left of first Red Boxcar?

That is what I refer to as Post and Beam construction, you have the beams, but no post there for some reason...?

Other than that we are good to go, I think......

Good Day the bridge is looking great,

One thing you need is a supporting Post where the concrete hangs out to left of first Red Boxcar?

That is what I refer to as Post and Beam construction, you have the beams, but no post there for some reason...?

Other than that we are good to go, I think......
    Yes my friend, two beams are missing where you mention because I wanted to try before if I had not been wrong in the measurements, tomorrow I think it will be all solved.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fant_autentico View Post
    Yes my friend, two beams are missing where you mention because I wanted to try before if I had not been wrong in the measurements, tomorrow I think it will be all solved.
    Ah OK.....my apologies here Javier,

Didn't mean to jump the gun, that goes with measure twice and cut the wood once theorem..........

Thanks my friend,,,I like this bridge a lot, very unique and useful.........

Hello Blue

The bridge already has the beams placed and the pillars arranged; prepared for the inauguration .....

Thumbs up

Oh,,,,,,Oh......Does this Bridge look good or not,,,,,,

Thank you Javier,,,,,,I have to find a place to put it on your Route I'm working on,,,,,,

Busy day with work and Easter coming up......

Have a great weekend sir........

Blog Entries

Hey Blue, just stopping by to show some screenshots

I had redone this part so it makes more sense with the ocean / sea

And finally starting to add some textures and spline grass

Cheers,
    Nate

NARM's site^

Thumbs up

Hello Hiawathamr,

Great to see u and the pictures......And your work is top notch as always,,,I have been crazy busy with Mr's Blues Spring Cleaning n honey dues list, should I say it,,,,She is having us, me, do a yard redo on the plants trees, oh my aching back......LOL..

Haven't had a chance to post some pics here for the folks......

What Route is this one that your working on....Looks familiar too me....?

Enjoy your week ahead.....

Lightbulb

Good eve folks,

Sorry it has been some time since u seen my pics, thank to my other friends who have graciously shared there great looking photos here.....They are wonderful Route builders with keen eyes for detail.

Below is the latest map of Center section insert for Javiers Ruta De La Plata master merge and new center section to handle the 700CM height difference between a very low end and much higher Mountain elevation.

I have added copious amounts of Water to break things up a bit, below is the overhead showing lakes and lagoon areas......

Inside of one of the deep lakes is this area here, where I am smoothing down the shear canyon walls....

Look at the canyon wall on left, where I have down lots of smoothing and slanting to easier outcropping, vs the walls on the right part.

We climb ontop of our Canyon and have a great view across this very open canyon...but that will change when buildings, trees and what nots are added later.....I like how my new Mountains look, I think they have good sculpture.....

A view across the canyon we see quite a large Lake area below and much to do with the canyon walls,,,,if u look in the middle here across the other side, ull see how I have drown the mountain base at the water level out to give it more graceful outcroping, it takes time to do this, but is well worth it....

At the edge of the on this side of the Route, I make lower and more rolling hills here to knock out the over the edge drop.....

I threw in some light texture here for just some effect. and if notice the water is at 2 different heights, which means that I have to cut 1-2 tiles wide, so Water can adjusted to much different heights.....

A view from the back of the Dam here,,,,,,

You see here how the dips in the hills occur easily which means I need to either Gorge them more out, or raise them to make them rolling in feature form.....The other thing I fight is the shadow effect with Trainz......I find I have to get the area of slant with the walls to where the reflection, which is what this is, to go away....

This is a view of new mainline, here and it is starting to take shape, but I have lots of large areas to work on,,,,,

So that's about it for now....

I did download some other small Routes this week, one several years old, NG3 I think, and I will show it to you when I get a chance..

Enjoy your week all...

Thank you for dropping in.....

Thank you very much for your work, you are an artist with the routes.

Hugs

Javier

Blog Entries

Hello Hiawathamr,

Great to see u and the pictures......And your work is top notch as always,,,I have been crazy busy with Mr's Blues Spring Cleaning n honey dues list, should I say it,,,,She is having us, me, do a yard redo on the plants trees, oh my aching back......LOL..

Haven't had a chance to post some pics here for the folks......

What Route is this one that your working on....Looks familiar too me....?

Enjoy your week ahead.....
    Thank you for the kind words

lol, sounds like fun! We still have snow from the recent snow / ice storm that came through last week...good news its melting, but not fast enough for me!

The route is called Leadville Sub Division, as its a single track that has sidings that goes from the harbour and mainline tracks (WIP area at the moment) to the other set of mainline tracks that's basically on the other side of the map. You are probably referring the scenery from the Midwestern Branch route, and that's the hint that this route will be

Some more pics from yesterdays work:

Cheers,
    Nate

NARM's site^