Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Your shots are always amazing to look at Blue! :)

I don't know if you are interested, but USSc1798 just released his Challengers and possible other things. They might come in handy on those USA routes that you share;)

Cheers,
Hiawathamr

Samsung Magiciian addon for Samsung SSD's / Port a Potty from davidakridge

Morning all,

Got some more much needed Rain yesterday and last night,

Just wanted to share a shot out on a couple of items with links too them........I added the magician software to my Samsung SSD, wow, what a difference in stats.

Check out the site and what others have to say.......I think you'll find it worth your time if you own Samsung SSD Hard Drives, it made quite a difference for me. The pictures below are my after and before Stats with the addition of Magician, hey that rhymes.......

And the other is new Port a Potty asset by davidakridge. (3rd pic down below)

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?131841-Benchmarking-your-PC-let-s-see-what-you-got
!

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?116889-Trainzsession-Freeware-Now-On-The-DLS

I discovered that I have been remiss in not providing such needed items on my Routes for the employees.....on construction sites etc............Got to get busy and get these ordered and put in place.....Thank you Dave for another superb asset creation.

Potty_autktf.jpg

Last edited:
Your shots are always amazing to look at Blue! :)

I don't know if you are interested, but USSc1798 just released his Challengers and possible other things. They might come in handy on those USA routes that you share;)

Cheers,
Hiawathamr

Good morning Hiawathamr,

:eek: I was moving so fast posting and typing, I missed your post here till this morning,

Yes on UP FEF Challengers, what awesome Locomotives and thank you for the Tip........I downloaded this morning off USSc1798's NARM site.

One thing I am confused about, I have 10 Locomotives, but 12 Tenders, I not sure why I have 2 extra Tenders?

Another thing is, I can follow the naming convention for Tender to Locomotives, except, I don't know what correct Tender goes for the #844,,,can you tell me which one.......

Good morning Hiawathamr,

:eek: I was moving so fast posting and typing, I missed your post here till this morning,

Yes on UP FEF Challengers, what awesome Locomotives and thank you for the Tip........I downloaded this morning off USSc1798's NARM site.

One thing I am confused about, I have 10 Locomotives, but 12 Tenders, I not sure why I have 2 extra Tenders?

Another thing is, I can follow the naming convention for Tender to Locomotives, except, I don't know what correct Tender goes for the #844,,,can you tell me which one.......
Hello,
Not a problem with the fast posting, it happens;)

As for the tenders and locomotives, I have no idea why USSc1798 made that many. All I know is that he's in his own world when he makes them lol, but I guess the 2 extra tenders are a coal version and oil version, but can be wrong on that. Maybe he might drop by..(?).

I didn't really keep them on my system for a long time to know which tender goes to which engine. I beta test his engines as others were reporting weird mesh issues in different versions of TANE (SP2 series seems to really act differently on different systems, like Intel, INVIDIA, AMD, etc). Maybe there is a readme or something in the config or on the site that might tell which goes to which....as things did changed a bit before they were released.

Hopefully it helps with the 2 extra tenders if nothing else.

The 20C tenders go with the FEF-1s, the 23C tenders are usable on all FEF locomotives. The 25C tenders are for the Challengers.

Hello,
Not a problem with the fast posting, it happens;)

As for the tenders and locomotives, I have no idea why USSc1798 made that many. All I know is that he's in his own world when he makes them lol, but I guess the 2 extra tenders are a coal version and oil version, but can be wrong on that. Maybe he might drop by..(?).

I didn't really keep them on my system for a long time to know which tender goes to which engine. I beta test his engines as others were reporting weird mesh issues in different versions of TANE (SP2 series seems to really act differently on different systems, like Intel, INVIDIA, AMD, etc). Maybe there is a readme or something in the config or on the site that might tell which goes to which....as things did changed a bit before they were released.

Hopefully it helps with the 2 extra tenders if nothing else.

;) OK works for me,

I think these Loco's are really nice to be able to run on my Routes and I didn't have not one Error with them!!! Loving that part,

:'( I still have about 400 Faulty or Error prone Assets with SP-2 update I need to work out.......................But hey that's to be expected with Software Updates. And in the long end Scheme of things, I need to weed out old Assets too that don't look good or work well with the newer Trainz Versions.

Will never be bored that's for sure. :hehe:

For the moment, I'll just put the one(s) I think will look OK with it.......I might go look on the WEB and check some pictures too see if that might have a clue to help me figure it out.

I did see the Word Document too, discussing this download.

After Reading it, I think I can ask in NARM.......

:) Thank you for your help...............

Your welcome:)

Wow, 400 assets faulty! That's going to keep yourself busy, but probably best to see if you can fine anything else that would look better in TANE.
USSc1798 is probably who you want to ask the most, since he made them. Can't have enough steam engines;)

daylightrain there is also a NARM member, so he too knows some details about the engines and tenders, any maybe other things on NARM.

Your welcome:)

Wow, 400 assets faulty! That's going to keep yourself busy, but probably best to see if you can fine anything else that would look better in TANE.
USSc1798 is probably who you want to ask the most, since he made them. Can't have enough steam engines;)

daylightrain there is also a NARM member, so he too knows some details about the engines and tenders, any maybe other things on NARM.

:eek: I have to profane some truth on my Assets, I thought it was 400, and believe it or not, it was actually 1350 or 1400 when I first did my my SP-2 Update......And in all fairness to T:ANE, some of my Stuff is really old....And deductive reasoning tells me, I will either fix it, or replace it with something newer, as I do not Model Blender or any of that stuff. Getting back to the current count, it is now 340......I was able to "revert to original" on some of them, and that's great when you can. I usually try and spend a few hours one day of the week to whittle away on the Faulty Assets Count. I figure over time I'll catch up some day.:hehe:

As per NARM, agreed, I try to learn a little more each day in fixing assets. And I do like the NARM folks too............

BTW I saw this the other day, and I don't know if you saw it or not, but Normhart really gave lots of good info on fixing Assets, specifically some of "BLOODY NOSE F-7's" of which I like, since I grew around Southern Pacific lines in California, I'm partial to some of their Rolling Stock. One of the more interesting Locos I think is the CAB Forward model......And the reasons why it was made.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cab_forward

Strange looking bird for sure, but when you think of what Tunnel Train Crews had to deal with when they operated in long Tunnels and limited ventilation, it becomes quite apparent it wasn't a healthy thing for them to do, and if I recall, they had to wear Scarfs to breath the Smoke better.......Egads.......!!!!

I downloaded some "Bloody Nose F-7's" but the asset errors where beyond my pay grade, so I had to delete them.......And with this new found info, I plan on RE: downloading them in the future and retrying the repairs from this thread. This info will help me with other repairs too when it comes to Mesh and other Faulty Items.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?144701-CB-amp-Q-E5-Zephyr-Engine-and-Consist

Suggest you start at Msg #1 and as you read up, it discusses the "Bloody Nose" issues.........

Thanks again for you insight and good info......Much appreciated Sir.

Fixing faulty assets can be a pain in the butt. The worst part is some assets are broken and unfixable due to outdated file formats or mesh errors we can't fix. I see you mentioned bloody nose F7s, I'm curious as to where you found those. There where some fictional daylight and black widow ones available awhile ago, but I don't know where those are now either. If you're a fan of SP I still have my GS-2s in the works, however I suffered a minor setback when my hard drive got corrupted and I lost all my texture work for the engines, so I need to redo that. The Cab Forwards are awesome engines, Lilb made a model of one back in the TRS2006 days, there's a updated one on the DLS for download, however and brand new model built from scratch would be great to have, considering how much more detail we would be able to put into it now.

SP Livery Etc

Fixing faulty assets can be a pain in the butt. The worst part is some assets are broken and unfixable due to outdated file formats or mesh errors we can't fix. I see you mentioned bloody nose F7s, I'm curious as to where you found those. There where some fictional daylight and black widow ones available awhile ago, but I don't know where those are now either. If you're a fan of SP I still have my GS-2s in the works, however I suffered a minor setback when my hard drive got corrupted and I lost all my texture work for the engines, so I need to redo that. The Cab Forwards are awesome engines, Lilb made a model of one back in the TRS2006 days, there's a updated one on the DLS for download, however and brand new model built from scratch would be great to have, considering how much more detail we would be able to put into it now.

:wave:Evening Daylighttrain,

My apologies here, in getting back to you on Bloody Nose F-7's.....:eek: .I was out of town with Family, and unfortunately the WiFi was not working so I couldn't respond till I got in tonight.

As for the SP fan, I am for sure,

Staring in 1950's I used to see SW1200's doing their switching behind my first school. And I think F-7's in Northern California on Logging Route, if I recall, black Widows scheme.........From that point on, absolutely a lifelong interest. The part that bothered me most is how one Corporate Raider took SP into the Ground so to speak. And then UP took over. I used to tell folks, I would Paint the SP Loco's for free if I could because they looked so dirty..........Well as you can see that didn't pan out.......LOL

A question on your Hard Drive, PM if you can, I like to discuss it further with you?

:cool: As for the GS-2's that would be great...... On the Cab forward, I have one now, but I'll have to check and see if it is older than the one you suggested on DSL.....Thanks for the Tip.

Let me check on the Bloody Nose F-7's...........I don't recall where I downloaded them from, seems to me part may have been DSL, the other was Content Creator? Don't quote me........

Thanks for coming by my Thread too.......

Update:FA-7's

After looking up this thread I mentioned earlier, I found a link I was familiar with......

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?144701-CB-amp-Q-E5-Zephyr-Engine-and-Consist

Once I went to this link below here,

There are 3 Road Names, and the one for SP has the Bloody Nose SP's as well as other SP Loco's, this is where I got them.......And they had several errors in T:ANE I couldn't fix at the time, because I didn't know how for those particular ones...........

https://projectwestern.weebly.com/southern-pacific-diesels.html

Last edited:
UP FEF and Santa FE 120 Ft Turntable, will it work?

Wow Weds already here, where did this week, that's what happens when you hang out with the Family and good times, Days just roll by........

Alright so I know about these UP FEF's and was so excited when I checked this Thread recently and they said they were ready......... They installed with no issues in T:ANE, that's large itself,,you know how it goes with T:ANE error correction rigidity, which I understand the reason behind it. But it does cause me pain more than I would like to feel.

USSc1798

Above is the the creator of the UP FEF Locomotives, part of the NARM group.................

Next since I have been working on Watseka & Kankakee Road Trips, decided that was the perfect Route for it test. Number one issue, would it fit into the existing Santa Fe 120Ft Turntable by Vulcan, and what da ya know, it does, but in very close quarters. And if worse came to worse, it just meant I have to find a larger engine house.

Below is description of said turntable.

Thread where NARM for these are discussed.
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?136401-NARM-Freeware-Releases

====================================================
Download Link for UP FEF Steam Loco's
http://narailm.wixsite.com/narm/steam

==============================================
Santa Fe 120 Ft Turntable by Vulcan <2:60238:28004:2> Ver 2.9......

This is a 120 foot span through truss turntable of the Santa Fe design, with roundhouse, 17 storage tracks and two entrance tracks. The roundhouse has transparent windows and stationary doors fitted to the stalls, which are numbered.

This is a variant made for Bob Dalton (MSGSapper) using his highly detailed Track Tunnel or Bridge Wood SG no ballast-TRS2010, used for all tracks. In addition, the four tracks that can be used as either entry or departure tracks will assume the type of track they are connected to in surveyor for compatibility purposes.
====================================================================================

And here we are backing into our new house,,and she just fits on the turntable with maybe 1 foot on both ends to clear the landing zone, tight, you better know it......Close enough for government work.

Now you know what's really special, I can have smoke deflectors, Green Marker lights, or White Marker Lights! Boo Yaaaa...........Absolutely drop dead gorgeous Steam Loco.

This is White Markers and no deflectors..........

Look at the Running numbers and where they fit in the side view of Girder Bridge...........You have to back it carefully about 2 Mph when you hit the Turntable so everything lines up for the transfer table.

Front End Shot as it looks all lined up here on the Turntable.

Engine house shot as she is backed in right to the end of the house...........

Rear side shot here so you can see how it looks............

Distant shot showing the Steam Loco lined up inside the shed.

Last edited:
Blue Mountain R.R. Ver2 (first rail trip)

A blessed Friday to all,

We got some good rain in California, lets hope it slows down the aweful Fire Seasons we have been experiencing the last several years.

OK.....So I downloaded another Route below, and here is the particulars of what it is.

Blue Mountain R.R>

Authors Notes:

Firstly may I thank all content creators without whom this route would not have been possible.
This is version 2.0 of the previous uploaded Blue Mountains Line.

Now extended to take in the Hornsby Junction and its maintenance division. Additionally the route from Strathfield now connects with Hornsby via the main northern line terminating at Gosford.

Much more trackside detail has been added and more accurate rendition applied to the route. Still not complete in its accuracy though.

Most everything in this route has been downloaded from the DLS so you should not have any trouble downloading assets.

Stations have been configured to use the 'Call At' command. Suggest you browse your content manager for any missing assets after download.

=========================================================================================
Most of it is Electrical and there is some harbor portions that use strictly diesel engines........

I don't run much Electrified Routes, so I had to find some Loco Power to run on this one. I came up with these guys.......The route is beautiful and very well done, and plenty large for most Trainzers to play on. Trees are just right, I have just a little Frame loss, but those with NVidia shouldn't experience a problem.......

We are headed down to Hornsby for Freight service.........Signalization is very well done, I would add a couple of more signals here and there, but that's my prerogative.......

Looking back as we come out of downtown with a string of Freight for Hornsby Yard..........

Here is the yard, and it is very well laid out, however there is one or two spots, where I might move some switches, as for me, it is very easy to miss one and derail in 2 spots. And it could just be I not used to complex Track Puzzle......Will see.

We have loading Sheds in the back there,, a little hard to see, so we had to do a runaround here as these are all stub tracks, you back everything in.

Here are the Freight Sheds in the back here, and on the left further in the back there is several more loading/ unloading Docks to use..........

I might add one track in the back to connect to the mainline, but I need to play for a while to see if it is really needed.

Making our Freight moves here to get everything shunted to our customers.

Empty Gons here will get bulk items loaded into them over a day or two, and will snatch them up with another crew.

Now what you have been waiting for, here is the Grand Map of this route, and it will work very well for enjoying the Train runs. I might throw some Portals in too. There is lot to see for me, yet, I just started playing this week..........I'll post more as I explore......

I highly recommend this Route for you folks..............Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!!

Thank you for coming by to visit,,,,,,

Hello Blue. Just dropped by this thread to say hi. What I like about your thread is your enthusiasm and the stories you tell with each picture.:D. You make the Trainz world a happy place. Keep posting :).

Hello Blue. Just dropped by this thread to say hi. What I like about your thread is your enthusiasm and the stories you tell with each picture.:D. You make the Trainz world a happy place. Keep posting :).

:wave: Wow......Thank you for the complement.

When I first came to the Trainz world in 2014, I was playing Trainz Driver 2 on my IPAD, totally lost, frustrated in more ways than Carter has pills. But then, I found this Forum and the kind folks who helped me find my way around the Trainz world. It was then I decided I wanted to share some of things I was involved in, so hopefully it would help others and what is possible in the Trainz World.

;) Thank you for coming by, and I will continue my best to bring the Pictures and Stories.

:wave: Wow......Thank you for the complement.

When I first came to the Trainz world in 2014, I was playing Trainz Driver 2 on my IPAD, totally lost, frustrated in more ways than Carter has pills. But then, I found this Forum and the kind folks who helped me find my way around the Trainz world. It was then I decided I wanted to share some of things I was involved in, so hopefully it would help others and what is possible in the Trainz World.

;) Thank you for coming by, and I will continue my best to bring the Pictures and Stories.

I can totally agree with that. I have Trainz since the first version (I have not registered all versions but I have also Trainz and Trainz 2004 as well as Trainz Driver 2) but I also had a sort of love/hate relationship. Still each version kept adding nice things so I was always there to buy a new version. With each new version came new frustrations but version 2009 was the first version on which I started building a serious route that stayed to this day. My beloved Electro Island. From there I created a fantasy world to my liking and I am still building to this day on another route the Icarus Shinkansen with the aim to merge both routes in a far future.

With help from the nice people and content creators of this forum this would not be possible.

Because I drop in and out of your thread and have not read all I have a question. Are you making 1 route with all others merged in it or have you started several other merge projects?

Ah interesting, You do have lots of history, which I failed to look out..........:eek:

I do agree as well on the love/hate relationship...

In IPAD version I think what was the most frustrating for me at the time. For one, my thought was having an Apple Product at that time should be really good on Graphics, as that was what most of my friends lived by.....If you where into Graphics, then Apple was the only one in Town to handle it the best, as I knew several Graphics designers at the time. (I'm in no way talented in that regard) Geek all the way, Graphics, ho hum for me in having that talent. And I was born and bread DOS 2.0 pre windows, command line, and batch files etc back in the day, actually played with Radio Shack Tandy TI99, running at 6 hertz.....Using Basic for some programming, circa 1970 I think? :sleep:

In the end scheme of things, my IPAD couldn't handle Trainz very well back then, and that, with limited Rolling Stock and Routes bothered me, in fact that is why I did changeover to TS-12 and then the rest is history.

Now as for Merges,

I started with my IPAD believe it or not with 2 small Routes from other Authors.........I don't really build my own original Routes per se, what I do is look for one(s) I like and use other Folks Routes and then modify them for my use..........I see you indicated you have read only some of my Thread, but if you do get a little time........maybe look back and you'll see I do talk and show some of my merges.........And if you look up my name on the DLS, it should still have some Routes I merged in the past as backup.

I really like you using other folks Routes, as I don't consider myself that creative, so there Routes give me some really good ideas.

Like for example the Kankakee and the other one Blue Mountain Ver2 , of which I just recently downloaded, and NG Wild Bill Routes, I just learning some Narrow Gauge, and I have a long way to go.

So at the moment, I think I have 6 different Routes Merged, in which some are 2, 3, and Mega Merge of small routes up 16-19 merged......What I like to do is see what I can jigsaw together and make it work transitionally, we are talking Desert to Mountain, to Beach and Harbor etc........And the largest Challenge is height difference where you need to add enough blank new tiles to integrate grades of 3.5% or less between the merge points......And in some cases where I have 1500' or 2500' difference to 300' of the other Route.......most of the time I couldn't do it, however in a few instances, I raised or lowered one of the Routes that didn't have that many tiles involved.........And yes it is hard work, and sometimes, it doesn't pan out, so I delete the Route and Idea and move on to another project....

Merging Layouts is fun for me, but it is not for everyone, because you need to understand the lay of the dissimilar lands, tracks etc............

I think it helps keep my mind sharper and I learn a little more over time............

A question for you? Are any of your Routes on the DSL, or do they remain private..........

:) You probably like me are waiting to see what the new Trainz version will bring, and I would suspect one thing, will have lots more Assets, dated or otherwise that show Faulty indications.........Will see.

As one great book writer side TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE, the bell will toll as Time marches on, something along that line..... I think it was Hemingway.

UMR 2018

A blessed Sunday to all,

Continuing down the Route, we see lots of Country and City side views. As I look to find more Electric Locomotives to run on this Route.

I like the fact that there are not too many Trees, since it would hurt my Frame Rates. This is a Large Route, 51 Miles long, so it will take some time to explore and see what we have.

Below we have Passenger and Freight co existing on 2 Track Main..........Good signalization too.

Author's Notes:Fifty one new miles of mainline/branch line track added to the West and North, with 5 new towns and 5 new commodities: General Auto Parts, Corn Oil, Corn Sweetener, Propane, and 5/16' Copper Rod.

All assets are on the DLS, with the exception of the free weathered container pack and the TOFC pack from JointedRail.com.

Special thanks to all who created content - and especially to George Fisher, James Flanders, and Andrew Cochrane, who gave their permission for the mergers to take place.

Taking a Cab View here in passenger Loco.

And we see the light of his eyes ahead, as we pass each other at 60-70 MPH...........Little bit of wind buffeting when we cross. Just a note here, hope no one ever tries to stand in the middle of 2 tracks when trains cross, it could very well prove Fatal for that person. DON'T DO IT, it's a dare not worth your life..........

Coming into the Station for Customer Pickup/Drop off and we have plenty here in a busy downtown section.

Buildings are placed well, not crowded.........

A further look out, we see some Industrial area as we pass by.

Lots of Apartments and Condo's here as we take a load of Empties to one of our Customers several miles away......Curves and Switches are spot on.....Good fluidity for the Trains.

I'm very impressed with how the Trackage is merged in here from other parts of the Route into a major Passenger Station along with High Density buildings and good Commerce.

Couple of Cars parked here now, but this shipper is awaiting a load of Empties for there factory orders, we have a priority train headed here later,,,,there is one issue, we have to bring a Diesel switcher too, as these tracks are not electrified, I have to look at this and see if we can electrify it later? And we might just leave a dedicated switcher here for the freight traffic Loads.

Better view here showing the team tracks........I might have enough room for Electrical Posts for Cantenary? Will see.

This is a great Route and I recommend you try it out, impressed at how organized the Industries are sprinkled thru the Route so there is not congestion, you have good running space to drive some distance with the advantage to do Shunting, a nice mix of both worlds, add your Passenger Stations in between and it is perfect for me........

Will drop more pictures in as I explore the Route.

One thing I did to help with my Frame Rates, I removed some Shrubbery Splines and Fencing in some areas to help my weak GPU since I need to add lots of Freight and Passenger Rolling stock.

I have read that long splines can impact graphic performance if one has a weak GPU such as me...........I think most of all of by now, know how our particular Computer and Graphics Cards or units work with the various Routes we build and/or download, so you'll no right away if you can't run this Route, for me, I can just run it with some slight modifications, if push came to shove, I could cut it in 1/2 and run Portal Connections to make it workable, however then you get into quitting one 1/2 and loading the other 1/2 the Route,,,,,,,Workable but not as much fun.......

The builder of this Route, valbridge, went great lengths to make it enjoyable and fun for all of us to participate, hats off to him and the others who made the items for the Route, it is really nice, and plenty of play area at I believe was 51 Miles...........

Thank's for coming by and I bid you a Sunny Spring week ahead............Everything is starting to Bloom from the recent Rains......Nature is amazing isn't it!

Last edited:
Watseeka and Kankakee Route

Good Weds Morning all,

It's that wonderful time of the year called Tax Time,,,,,Grrr.....And I needed to take a break and come here for some R&R time......

In riding down this Route, I came across this interesting place in the Tracks, if I recall correctly this invisible Train Stop for a Passenger Station.....Learn something every day....

This is the Large UP Rail Yard that came with the Route, unfortunately me I had to cut it in 1/2 and surrounding Trackage two, My weak GPU had redraw issues to the max when running Trains, and that's with the Tracks empty and just consists. So you do what is prudent to keep the Route if you like it....And I do.......

This is the Auto Plant with probably 500 new cars sitting in it......I didn't have to make any changes here......But I might make some small radius changes in the approach Tracks. Other than that, this is a great Auto Plant setup.

Coal Mining setup and huge Crane for open pit mining, I might have some Tracks coming into the Pit will see later?

Here is big Bertha, and boy does she have a huge bucket at work here, look at the bucket and the size of the Dump Truck on left.......

Overhead Rail Yard here for you to see how it works.

And here is Sir Dave Snows new Boxcars old timers, and I love them......All 57 of them....Thank you Dave for your terrific creations..........

Approach tracks to Yard from two main lines.......Lots of Puzzle switches here.

Pulling the Boxcars off the line into the Hump Yard to the Right, once we get across 2 crossovers..........And the Hump Yard works like a dream too......No derailments far.

I have lengthened all the crossovers to twice the distance.........IT looks better when your Locos come across and you don't have huge hangovers from front and back ends of the Power or large 90 foot Trailer Spline cars, Passengers, Etc.

Ok.....Got to get up in a few hours, I have meetings to attend today with Mr's Blue.

Take care all, and thanks for dropping in.........

Back