Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Thank you Hiawathamr,

I so happy your enjoying my Posts, it means a lot to me.......Believe it or not, sometimes I get Writers Cramp, and have to figure out what I am going to Post, for all the nice folks that come by here.........;)

And I have to tell, you, I have been tooling around with Centrella Route, I can see you have put tons of work and effort into it, it is one heck of Route.........And I am going to really enjoy trying out all the different Sessions you made too!!! :p

As for the UP Local, I can't for the life remember, how long it has been, for Graffiti paint job, but I can tell you it has been years, as I usually see this one, and sometime another latch up of Locomotives that are older than this one, but no Graffiti on them..........Someone took a lot of time to paint up this Boy........Thanks for kind words.......:)

I enjoyed your WIP Shots, that Route looks real interesting, especially the Street Running Scene, you don't see much Street Running anymore.........Steady as she Goes Captain Hiawathamr, take breath and give your hands a rest.........:wave:

A Good Friday to all, today,

I get Scenes for backgrounds on my CPU that are really interesting at times from around the world, yesterday I got these Naranjo de Bulnes, and thought, Wow these are cool, and i could create one on a Route? Hmmm......You never know.......A Dem of this one would probably do it more justice than my Mountain Skills.......Here is some additional info on these Mtn's and Hello to my Friend Javier, I wonder if he has ever visited this range of Mtns.......Hugs to you Javier....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naranjo_de_Bulnes

Naranjo de Bulnes mountain in Picos de Europa National Park, Spain
The majestic Asturian limestone peak in the center of our image—Naranjo de Bulnes—is 'only' 8,264 feet high, and not the tallest peak of its range, but it is the most iconic and perhaps most striking summit in the area. It's also one of the most complex to conquer. Vertical walls rising 1,800 feet challenge even highly skilled rock climbers.

Nobody knows exactly why this peak is called Naranjo de Bulnes. Its other name is Pico Urriellu, whose etymology is much clearer, since it's located in the central massif of the Picos de Europa range, also called Los Urrieles. Some say that the name comes from the orange (or naranja) hue that the limestone reflects when sunlight hits it. The real origin may be much less poetic: The name first appears on a topographic map in 1855 that may have been wrongly transcribed.

Ok so these last 2 weeks, I have had numerous Crash to Desktops, not only with Trainz but with other programs too....What I partially found out, was my 2 Anti Virus Software are fighting each other, after all the years I have used them they always got along.....So one of 3 suspects here, Either Recent Windows update? Or an update on one of the Anti Virus/Malware Softwares has caused something to change......So I took off my Malware Bytes and left my Eset AntiVirus as it has never failed me....Now no more CTD's on CPU, what I have to do, is do some more research and contact Malwarbytes to see if there are any reports of their latest Software Version update having issues?
===========================================================================================================
Blues You Tube Picks of the week:
Comments, I think you'll really enjoy this one......
Return to running -Bredgar and Wormshill Railway's First open day of 2021 - Chasing Dinosaurs Ep.5

https://youtu.be/eut_MkReMwE

Hello Everyone,
This is a long one, so I suggest sitting down, making yourself comfy and getting ready for some good old train spotting fun, and join me and James as we wonder round and just enjoy being back at a railway - as the Bredgar and Wormshill Railway put on quite the show with their freight only event.
================================================================================
Comments:Good day to see what an Engineer is all about......

Cab Rides with Drivers from Palmerston North: The Overlander January, 2005

https://youtu.be/cOJPDRr71yo

This 56 minute video includes basic preparation of a class 30 electric locomotive {EF} before it is attached to the Overlander Daylight express at Palmerston North.
The train {No 220} is shown as far as Ohakune where there is a crew change with the southbound Overlander No 221.
The trip is then by car to Taihape, then the Overlander {221} to Palmerston North.
The Locomotive Engineer is Jimmy Oliver.
==================================================================================
You know how you have issues with Tracks in Trainz well, they have them on RR's To! This gentleman tells it like it is, and has a big heart for doing the Job right......He has my Vote for sure.....

https://youtu.be/JdpdOkgXA6Y

Jackson 6700 Tamping a Bad Line Sway that also has Twist and Warp in the Track

That means our light carriage out front, the middle mask and the rear mask
follower are all held against the left rail, by a spring on the light carriage and air
cylinders on the masks.

The jackbeam (also sometimes called a clamp frame) picks the track up and also
shifts the track right or left whatever is required. When the needles go to green, that
means the voltages that are being measured have now equaled zero voltage, that
zero voltage tells the machine to stop jacking or lining track. It's quite complicated to
explain by typing exactly what all goes on to make this happen. Someday I'll make a video
and get more detailed on how it all works.

The meter on the left of the center one shows me the left rail in reference to the right
rail and vise versa for the right meter. When the left meter needle is low as you will see in the vid, that means the jack beam will pick the left rail up to cross level it with the right rail,
and when the voltages from the transducers equal zero, the jack beam quits it's
jacking function. Also remember we are on tangent track today so no
super elevation will be added like if we were in a curve.

All the signals from the transducers and light receivers are processed
through the tampers logic system (you can see that logic system on the vid I made
on calibrating a servo valve, link below). Then when the voltages register zero the servo valves stop sending hydraulic fluid to the jack beam's hydraulic cylinders which
stops the jacking and lining process.
Over today's Picks,

Been adding on some tiles to a Route I downloaded a while back, I wanted to extend the Mainline on a Return Loops around back of Route......One of the issues I came across, is somehow, I had PBR function turned on, and I didn't know it when I did, I guess Copy and Paste function......For whatever reason, I have Patches of Green Grass in some spots where there is new tiles, Now the Route I am adding too, had PBR Grass on it....So somehow, I enabled a Past function.....

In all fairness, I haven't learned how to play with PBR on Routes, so I need to brush up my skills.....Another thing too, I think I can't have to much PBR Grass in Routes, because My GPU is not strong enough, reason I found this out, I found that my Tracks don't render out completely when there are too many Trees and PBR together on a Route......Apparently, and I didn't want to, but my next Laptop probably will need 4 VRAM minimum to keep up with Trainz Graphic Loads......Current one is 1050 GTI....And my computer is now 2.5 years old, Dinosaur is considered 3 yrs for Computers now.....My how time flies......
=======================================================================================================================

New extension of mainline into high mountainous area, 1.5% to 3.5% over to the left here is my PBR issue, I had the paste function on somehow......I didn't want the PBR plants in this Tile.......See it on the Grid spots....

I start out with just my Tracks to get the best elevation change I have before I do any other work....It is my style of making the Route how I want it to change elevation......

Last part of elevation change in Mainline, from this point it will hit a Tunnel for while and come out on the other side of the Mountains.....Left valley floor will have Lake Water in it,, Right Side will have Ridge Mountain line cut into mountain Cliff once I get the right Track elevation.....

We pop out here and head across the Valley.............And then into another Range of Mountains..........

That'll do it for today, we have to go help a aging Family member for Med Procedures today,,,unfortunately they have Alzheimer s starting up really bad now..........

Bless all of you, and thanks so much for dropping by.....Peace

Looks like my C Drive went bust today, it's M-2 Nmvc ?.... Basically a Memory Chip of sorts......Good thing I have my original Older M-2 Drive. So tomorrow my Laptop will be in ICU surgery too see how this temp fix works out.

Unfortunately my old M-2 has Trs 2019 basic Edition....

But all my files are Backed up on Cloud and external drives😁

I'll have to order a new larger Capacity SSD Drive.

In retrospect I now know my drive was railing and not a software issue...This is my first SSD to go South....... I'll take him as an training and learning experience...........

Im posting off my older Tablet computer, my head this thing is a snail😂

I'll add more here when My laptop comes of Surgery.........Night all 🌛

Glad you had your backups in place Blue! Reminded me I haven't taken one in a while, so this holiday weekend will be a good time for it. I have been wondering about the life expectancy of SSDs. I guess like the others you just never know. Your terrain work looks amazing!

Thank you Hiawathamr,

I so happy your enjoying my Posts, it means a lot to me.......Believe it or not, sometimes I get Writers Cramp, and have to figure out what I am going to Post, for all the nice folks that come by here.........;)

And I have to tell, you, I have been tooling around with Centrella Route, I can see you have put tons of work and effort into it, it is one heck of Route.........And I am going to really enjoy trying out all the different Sessions you made too!!! :p

As for the UP Local, I can't for the life remember, how long it has been, for Graffiti paint job, but I can tell you it has been years, as I usually see this one, and sometime another latch up of Locomotives that are older than this one, but no Graffiti on them..........Someone took a lot of time to paint up this Boy........Thanks for kind words.......:)

I enjoyed your WIP Shots, that Route looks real interesting, especially the Street Running Scene, you don't see much Street Running anymore.........Steady as she Goes Captain Hiawathamr, take breath and give your hands a rest.........:wave:

Thank you Blue:)
YeahI hear you its not always easy to come up with something to write about since there are several people that come by here to read what you typed up and other things like your pics ;)

Hope you enjoy the sessions. They been fun with driving as long as Trainz behaves itself. Developing not so much...

I guess UP just left that engine in the area where graffiti happens several times. There are some good graffiti artwork out there and it makes you wonder how they do it without getting caught most of the times.

I shall be back soon with more screenshots :D

-----------------------

Those are some nice terrain work there! Hate to say but the last screenshot reminds of a scene from the American Mountains route lol. Probably could be. Hope you have fun with the route nevertheless and thanks for sharing the screenshots.

-----------------------

Looks like my C Drive went bust today, it's M-2 Nmvc ?.... Basically a Memory Chip of sorts......Good thing I have my original Older M-2 Drive. So tomorrow my Laptop will be in ICU surgery too see how this temp fix works out.

Unfortunately my old M-2 has Trs 2019 basic Edition....
Yikes! Its a good thing you have everything backed up to external drivers and the cloud so everything is not lost. I had my Trainz content folder SSD fail on me with no warnings so it took all of my Trainz content with it. Good news is that since I had everything backed up to my network server all I had to do was pull the content from it and go from there. Now I have everything on a 4TB HDD drive instead of an SSD and so far my 7200 RPM drive has been pretty fast so no complaints about it right there.
Hope you'll be able to get your computer working again soon so you can continue to show off your projects :D

Cheers

SSD Crash restoration/YTube Pics of Week ?AmericanMtn's/Alma Rts

A Blessed Sunday to all,

@Hiawathamr and Forester1 thank you for your support and kind comments.

I was up late last night working and watching on File Restoration (About 2 days for Cloud download time).

My brain is a bit tired. So I will give a full recap of what caused this issue, my findings and my short comings of what I Didn't do Etc later on next week......Hopefully this will be of some use to you all here if something like this happens......

For now, I just want to past up some Pics and You Tube then it's off to church with Family.

==================================================================================================
Blues You Tube Pics of the week:

Comments For my Steam enthusiasts......I think you'll really enjoy this one, fresh off the Press!

CASS SCENIC RAILROAD STATE PARK
Riding Steam Train To Top Of Mountain, 2 RR Switchbacks, Steepest Grades Ever, Shay Steam Engines!

https://youtu.be/JGE02AdfJbg

Steam locomotive pulls train up very steep mountain grade through 2 railroad switchbacks to top of mountain! This train is in West Virginia. Welcome to the Cass Scenic Railroad in Cass, West Virginia. The steam train does a run by so we can see the rusty rail before and the shiny rail after the train passes. Then we ride the train through the Cass railroad yard, through the switchbacks and to the 3rd highest point in West Virginia! Along the way we see miles of mountains and we refill the train with water. The train starts at the replica train station along the old Chesapeake And Ohio Railway and then takes the original Cass right of way. The original tracks were unballasted, smaller pound stick rail and standard gauge track. The end of the video shows a steam locomotive being refilled with water and we have the usual dog and slide show. We stayed 2 nights in an old company home in town that is owned by the state and we stayed one night in a nearby motel that has a view of the train station. The state owns the old company town and the railroad. This railroad is a must see for every rail-fan! Trains use 160.455. I filmed this on July 17, 2020 and I am going back again this June. This is Part 1 and Part 2 will show the train ride coming down the mountain and more runbys.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments: This is one way to do some spring yard work cleanup, especially if you have acres of property.....

Switching and hauling another load of firewood. MLBK 16 May, 2021

https://youtu.be/aQxs5uX0Q_s

Back and forth, back and forth, load up and run down to the load out, back and forth, etc...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Utah Railway 1996 Remastered

https://youtu.be/24p1Y3XSkx0

Another in my series of remastered videos upgraded from the original 240p uploads done over DSL many years ago. This was just a segment of a marathon western trip I did in 1996, covering over 6,000 miles in just over 2 weeks. I rolled into Martin just in time to catch a train headed out to the mine, followed it to the load out and waited til they flood loaded the train. Then back to Martin where the mid train helpers were added for the trip to Soldier Summit, where they were removed. Then down over the loops, through Thistle and into the verdant plains south of Salt Lake City. I was amazed at the number of eastbound SP trains I was able to catch passing the Utah. Enjoy!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments Great to see these old Locos out and about showing off their stuff..

[4K] Hocking Valley Scenic Railway

The Hocking Valley Scenic Railway is based out of Nelsonville, Ohio. This operation utilizes the original Hocking Valley Railroad line, which had been part of the Chesapeake & Ohio since 1930. Since 1972, the HVSR has operated tourist trains from Nelsonville up towards Logan. A variety of locomotives and specials operate annually.

Leading the trips is for this day is 0-6-0 #3. This switcher was built by Baldwin in March 1920. It was donated to HVSR from Ohio Power in 1982, and was given a thorough restoration throughout the 2000s. It made its operating debut in 2015, and often operates solo on the regular trip to Logan and return. This switcher put on a grand show along the scenic Hocking River for its centennial year.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments:Great to see this Route is still Running....Someday, maybe I'll get back to East Coast 2 C this one...?

"Off The Beaten Path" NYS&W's Utica NY Branch

https://youtu.be/TkYoux-Idxw

New York, Susquehanna & Western's Utica branch is "off the beaten path" as it is isolated even from the rest of the Susquehanna system. This is because the 60 mile section of track between Chenango Forks, where the Utica line joins with the Syracuse main, and Sangerfield has been out-of-service almost continuously from 2006 to present. The Utica line south of Sangerfield has been damaged by flooding. As there are no customers between Chenango Forks-Sangerfield, there is no great incentive for the railroad to restore that portion of the line to active service.

The line was briefly returned to active status, however, a few years back (mostly with government funds) only to suffer additional flood damage shortly afterwards.

In this video, we watch No. 3040 lead a string of covered hoppers south on Utica's Schuyler Street. The crew will tie down these hoppers on a spur off the main a few miles from this point. Here, at the run-around just east of Utica's French Road, they will pick up four loaded boxcars consigned to Oneida Warehouse, New Hartford.

The train will reach the warehouse via a remnant of New York, Ontario & Western's Utica Division tracks.

We observe No. 3040 crossing the Sauquoit Creek, border of Utica/New Hartford, on former O&W Utica Division Bridge No. 45. Next, the shove move back to the Utica main with 3 empty boxcars is observed from an unusual angle.

Back on the Utica main, the now seven-car train is observed in Chadwicks (passing the former DL&W station), at the Upper Main crossing Clayville on Paris Hill's tough 1.8% grade, still on Paris Hill in Cassville, nearly at the summit in Paris Station and, finally, crossing a small creek in Waterville approximately 2 miles north of Sangerfield.

This video was made on April 6, 2021, a fine day to be track side!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments: WOW this one is only 100 or so miles away from me.......Hmmm, I need to go see this one? Soon?

Carrizo Gorge Railway Jacumba Yard Operations 2004

https://youtu.be/0dGg0VN9hOM

Those Spirit engines are still sitting at the old Jacumba station. You can even see them on Google Earth. That area is now private property and closed to the public due to persistent vandalism. No train has been on those tracks in years. There is hope to rejuvenate and resume service on the line but it needs to be rebuilt and a number of damaged trestles and tunnels need rehabilitation. Plus an agreement must be made with the Border Patrol to construct an inspection station since the line crosses the international border. As usual, the U. S. Government is the big hold up, whining and crying about the exact location, the design and who will pay for it. So right now, that part of the line is a museum piece no one is allowed to visit. You can see some of the line if you travel on Old Hy-way 80 in southeast San Diego County. Jacumba is a tiny place along the road. Go north on Railroad avenue and you can see the old station property. Just be aware that it is posted 'No Trespassing'.
===================================================================================================
These Pics are from from Shortline https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/ or https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?153150-Shortline-Railroad-Support-Thread

This is Coal,,,,,,,,,

And couple of Pics from Sir Dave Snow's Alma Route.......

Have a wonderful Holiday weekend and remember our Troops that serve our country and those who are not with us now, may they rest in peace, they made the Sacrifice for our freedoms we have........

Thank you for coming buy.....Stay safe and healthy always....Best

Good Wednesday evening all,

Just popped in for a minute before I have leave for meeting..

So I have had a horrid time with trying to replace my M2 SSD, It looks like my Computer will only allow certain types of SSD for my Boot Drive........Tomorrow, I go to Computer Store and get it confirmed with Geeks.......

At the moment I am stuck with my Old 256 Gig SSD original one when I bought this computer over 2 yrs ago.......

In doing the repairs and reading up on SSD's there are 3 types out there.

Are there different types of M 2 SSD?

M. 2 modules come in different sizes and can also be utilized for Wi-Fi, WWAN, Bluetooth, GPS, and NFC. M. 2 SSDs typically come in three dimensions, which may be deduced from the card name —2242, 2260, and 2280 — "22" represents the width in millimeters (mm), while the next two digits represent the length, also in mm.Oct 25, 2018

How many types of M2 SSD are there?

Currently an M. 2 SSD has either one of three key types: B, M or B+M, while a socket can only have one key. As the key positions of B and M are slightly different, the M. SSD can only be installed one way.Apr 7, 2014

https://www.atpinc.com/blog/what-is-m.2-M-B-BM-key-socket-3

I have the double notched one, B+M Keu 2280 Size, and the newer one has single Notch on right side of the Chip M Key, my intrepid intuition tells me, that is the issue, and I have to run with an older model, if not, I am stuck with 256.......Which I don't think is going to work for my Storage needs...........So will see how it goes tomorrow......:confused:

Will report back when I get better information........Pray to the Computer Gods for me, I think I am going to need help......:'(

Good Day All,

Hope everyone has been doing ok, and Covid Safe.....

As you know, I had a Computer Crash, lost a 1TB Samsung SSD to write errors, and possibly heat caused degradation, which is cumulative over time like all electronic parts. And I have learned some more painful lessons, that I should have known and practiced, since I do know better........

At the moment, I am using my old 256 GIG original SSD drive I took out 2 years ago and had all my original programs on it with dated files......

On the bright side, all my current Files (no programs) were backed up in Cloud, Carbonite, and I was able to get all of them back......On an even brighter Side, all my Platinum Trainz files were on separate Drive and on Cloud too.

Couple of nights ago, I was able to temperarely install Trainz Platinum onto the old 256 Gig Drive, and then once installed, I changed the File Location to "D" drive, relinking my original Trainz files, do a quick DBR run, 82 Seconds which is fantastic and most welcome at this time.......Voila!! All my Assets, Routes etc, where there as if nothing has changed. Opening up a few of my WIP Routes, no issues. All was well, and I had the same 2 missing Assets in one Route, just the way I had left it........Wow, was I happy....

I don't have time now to explain the other issues I have come across with the SSD Chip Crash. Will post that information on another day.......

Todays Pic's are from: Oil Creek & Titusville Railroad

The Oil Creek and Titusville operates over tracks that were originally built as the main line of the Buffalo, New York and Philadelphia Railroad in the 1880s; trackage in Titusville was originally owned by the Dunkirk, Allegheny Valley and Pittsburgh Railroad. The Buffalo, New York and Philadelphia was reorganized in 1887 into the Western New York and Pennsylvania Railroad, which was eventually acquired by the Pennsylvania Railroad in 1900. The Pennsylvania was merged with the New York Central Railroad in 1968 and became Penn Central. In 1976, Penn Central went bankrupt, along with several other railroads, and was combined into Conrail.

In 1986, the line was acquired from Conrail by the Oil Creek Railway Historical Society, with the first tourist trains running on July 18; freight operations began on September 25, 1986. Briefly, from December 2, 1995 to August 1996, the Oil Creek and Titusville operated over the former Conrail main line between Meadville and Corry. The operation and ownership of that line reverted to Conrail before being turned over to the Western New York and Pennsylvania Railroad.

Infrastructure

The OC&T is notable in that it operates the only working Railway Post Office in the United States. For income, it may carry a few freight cars at the end of the passenger cars. The trackage was formerly Conrail and was out of service in 1986 when it was purchased by the founders. The inaugural excursion came in July of that year.The railway travels through the Oil Creek State Park on its journey over 13.5 miles (21.7 km) of track. It hauls over 1,000 carloads of freight and 15,000 passengers each year.

All scenery has been placed using Google Earth.

Great Route to play with.....

Taking some loads to our Shippers. Beautiful and very nice contrasting colors here.

Like my little Caboose, I sure do, makes my train look the way we used to remember them......

Campers putting some food on the Barbee.....How cool is that.......

I need to fix the Orientation of this bridge .....

Maybe we should stop and join the Barbecue......

Lone Loco taking some loads out to Industry's can't get better than this........Lots of natural color,,,,,Someone took a lot of time working on this Route..........

Playing some Sessions here.......

======================================================================================================
And now for Blues You Tube Pics of the week:

Return to running -Bredgar and Wormshill Railway's First open day of 2021 - Chasing Dinosaurs Ep.5

https://youtu.be/eut_MkReMwE

Hello Everyone,
This is a long one, so I suggest sitting down, making yourself comfy and getting ready for some good old train spotting fun, and join me and James as we wonder round and just enjoy being back at a railway - as the Bredgar and Wormshill Railway put on quite the show with their freight only event.

For more information on the Bredgar and Wormshill Railway, check out their website - https://bwlr.co.uk/
======================================================================================================
Comments: I really enjoy things like this, showing hidden items, long forgotten? Who Knew?

https://youtu.be/fGcVsp8rGMw

In this video we visit five disused railway finds in Manchester. These five abandoned structures of railway architecture are in a remarkable condition and although abandoned I had to urban explore Urbex Manchester to find them. They are great examples of Railway Architecture. An old railway turntable, and old engine shed an old station building and an abandoned railway tunnel are amongst some of the gems we find. We look around an abandoned railway on an old disused railway.
Comments: Wow this Shunting style still exists, I love it! Talk about tight cornering with Locomotive!!!
"The Brewhouse Switch (And 3040's Return)"

https://youtu.be/3jeRw4aP-r8

Returning to duty one week after it experienced a malfunction while returning to Utica NY from Sangerfield, we watch NYS&W No. 3040 and MA&N No. 2453 switching FX Matt Brewery, Schuyler Street, Utica, the morning of December 11, 2020.

MA&N loaned No. 2453 to the Susquehanna on December 7th to handle Utica branch chores while No. 3040 was being repaired.
========================================================================================================
"When The Dog Barks" NYS&W Clayville NY

https://youtu.be/YGE2A7b8E_M

When the dog barks? Could be train time in Clayville NY on the New York, Susquehanna & Western's Utica branch.

Here, a canine takes notice as a freight toughs its way up Paris Hill's 1.8% grade close to noon on April 27, 2021. GP40 No. 3040 is up front. In the rear of the 13-car train is SD45 No. 3618, performing helper duties.

I tried to grab some video of the dog after the train passed by. Unfortunately, he was in an undisclosed secluded location.
=========================================================================================================
Comment: This should have never occurred,,,,,Lot of money lost on this one, and some Job Firing too!!!!
AUTO-RACKS VS LOW CLEARANCE BRIDGE, BRAND NEW CARS TOTALED, $2,000,000 IN DAMAGE. FULL VIDEO

https://youtu.be/pcqfa_uj2hA

I was driving an auto rack truck, new on the job. Those trucks are always over the limit but it is calculated into the route. I asked about a specific bridge, the boss and the experienced “trucker ???????” told me that it would fit. I pointed out that the underpass had gotten new asphalt on and the clearance was lesser. They said that i should go, so I did.
I crashed, and guess who let he high and dry? Yep, the boss and “colleagues”, lost my license for that and got fined, since it is driver’s responsibility.
So yeah, never ever trust anyone, do the research and don’t take anyone’s word for validation.
===========================================================================================================
Norfolk Southern Train On Fire Runaway Diesel

https://youtu.be/WvMl8LUzQnk

Norfolk Southern Train On Fire Runaway Diesel. NS Train On Fire. Runaway Diesel - Watch It Burn and Smoke this train could have exploded and blown up! Good thing the firemen and fire department were there.

Filmed on 10/22/13 in Dunkirk NY. This train was heading west and just crossed the Railroad Crossing at Werle Road which is around 1 mile from this spot they noticed that the turbo blew and was smoking heavily so they brought the train to a stop.
The local Dunkirk fire dept was notified and rushed to the scene. After a while the train got a rescue locomotive and attached to the front of this train and they were on their way again.

That'll do for today,, thanks for coming by,,,,,My apologies for being away, just one really tuff time fixing a broken computer.......Cheers....

Good Evening all,

Just got home from the trip to Channel Islands off Ventura Coast area, So California.. Got to see a Blue Whale, and some very playful Dolphins, and all the Sea and Bird Animals too.....Quite a happening day......Only sad thing, is to see how dry our areas are from extreme Drought...Im/We are praying for some much needed Rain, and I don't care if it Rains in the Hot Summer either,,anything at this point is better than nothing.....
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now about repairing my Computer, lets just say, I got the right Chip ordered, delivered, and it was DOA.....Fatal hardware error from Infinity Products, I have a feeling this Chip never made it thru Final Check out,,,,Because it was in this condition.......

Now I have order an HP SSD NAS 2TByte chip, of B+M style and will not get it till next Sat? Will see......I'm not holding my breath on this one....Just have to be patient.......

This was the wrong style Chip, but I use it as Backup Drive, SSD Style......

This is the Beast I play on with Trainz

Control for Beast, AKA ROG

Old settings and new Settings for Game....

Backup using Carbonite......This is one of the 3 Screens during backup.

Drive Partition Software I use, also use Acronis Software too....Depending on my needs.

I had this iCloud asking me to signin when I was resurrecting my drive, and it slowed my Carbonite Backup to a crawl, like it told me that it would take 6 days to restore my data, once I signed in after iCloud nagging 5-6 times, all of sudden, my backup told me 29hrs.....I think it took 34, but less than two days, who knee not signning into iCloud would slow download speeds to a crawl....Why, I don't have the faintest clue, this is a first that I have ever seen a Software program do this.......It is beyond explanation....Stupid and Non Sensical for sure.....Can you feel my disguste here with Apple Software antics....Another reason I stay with DOS , AKA Window systems....

UP Turbine Locomotive 8000HP on Tehachapi Route......

If I can ever pull it off, I would love to make a Mountain with these Colors in Trainz, then lay some RR Tracks thru it along the Coast line....Vived Colors....Too!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue's YTube pics of the week.....

For my Aussie's Friends this is a great story of compassion and true desire to make something happen!
Walhalla - A Moment in time

https://youtu.be/M2319m5M9hg

Walhalla - A Moment In Time is the story of four great characters and their intertwining desire to see a heritage locomotive returned to it's original line. Can they pull off what could be the greatest heritage railway event of the 21st century.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Travelling on the Walhalla Goldfields Railway

https://youtu.be/Uq3NqBIo3vY

In early 2021, while on a trip to Walhalla for a week, the team visited the Walhalla Goldfields Railway. The railway operates on 2' 6", like Puffing Billy Railway. The Walhalla Goldfields Railway stretches between Walhalla and Thompson, covering approximately 3.5km. The train trundles though the hills as it clings to one side of the cliff, crossing over 7 bridges along the line. In this video we travel behind former SECV locomotive number 14, named the "Spirit of Yallourn", with three carriages designed to match the outer appearance of the originals that Victorian Railways once used. The round trip is usually around an hour long, as you take in views of the dense forest in the area.
Hope you enjoy the journey. More information on the Walhalla Goldfields Railway can be found here: https://www.walhallarail.com.au/

The railway to Walhalla was opened in 1910 after beginning construction in 1904. The line began from the Victorian Railway's broad gauge station in Moe then snaked though the hills to Walhalla. The railway line was the last of four experimental narrow gauge railways to be completed and was only considered for construction after the decision to run a broad gauge line to Warburton instead. This line was the most difficult to complete due to the dense forest and hilly terrain beyond Erica, which saw the line to open in two stages, with the first stage in 1908 only as far as Erica. It was hoped the line would revitalise the once gold-mining town of Walhalla, however this wasn't to be, as the population dwindled, and the railway was predominantly used for timber traffic. The line began closing in stages from 1944, first with the Walhalla section to Platina, then the rest of the line by 1954, ending its rather short life. The line was resurrected as a heritage railway in 1994, after a failed attempt in the 1980s, beginning at Thompson Station, and was completed in Walhalla in 2002. The preservation society has plans to extend the line to Erica.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Utah Railway 1996 Remastered

https://youtu.be/24p1Y3XSkx0

Another in my series of remastered videos upgraded from the original 240p uploads done over DSL many years ago. This was just a segment of a marathon western trip I did in 1996, covering over 6,000 miles in just over 2 weeks. I rolled into Martin just in time to catch a train headed out to the mine, followed it to the loadout and waited til they flood loaded the train. Then back to Martin where the mid train helpers were added for the trip to Soldier Summit, where they were removed. Then down over the loops, through Thistle and into the verdant plains south of Salt Lake City. I was amazed at the number of eastbound SP trains I was able to catch passing the Utah. Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Im surprised and amazed this little GP9 can move this kind of weight....Well Done....And I provided a separate link about this Branchline/RR Etc

GP9 #66 with Oversize loads on the Newburyport branch 10/29/1992

https://youtu.be/vcNPFhUNyO8

2 Huge oversize loads are moved down the B&M Newburyport branch thru Wakefield, Lynnfield, Peabody and Danvers,MA on 10/29/1992. Ex-B&M GP9 #66 for power. BIG loads on marginal branch line trackage.....this is a cool video! Video by the late Richard 'Moose' Ouellette

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newburyport_Railroad

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments: You can see the Pride in the Service to Public here.....They have my respect.......

Groudle Glen Narrow Gauge Railway UK. Driver’s View. Isle of Man tourism.

https://youtu.be/CXEvQVE3N4M

The Isle of Man Groudle Glen Railway. Narrow gauge railway experience at its best. Many thanks to staff for allowing me to record the driver’s eye view on the return trip from Sea Lion Rocks.
For rail fans particularly, the Isle of Man is an absolutely wonderful experience ! ! ! It includes The Isle of Man Steam Railway, the extensive vintage tram network, The Great Laxey Mines Railway, The Horse Drawn Trams in Douglas and the Groudle Glen Railway.
The rebuilding of the Groudle Glen Narrow Gauge Railway has resulted in a magnificent tourist attraction that is a tribute to all the folk that obviously work so hard to make this a continuing success. Remember, when you take your trip, it is absolutely essential that you visit the excellent tea rooms at the end of the line as the scones are fabulous.
If you are visiting the Isle of Man for a few days, I suggest for the duration of your holiday that you buy a “GO CARD”, in advance, from the Isle of Man Tourist Board as it is valid on everything that moves and you can use it as many times as you wish to travel, except taxis. Great, great value as we even used it on the bus from the airport when we arrived !
Below is a list of web pages that you may find useful and narrow gauge rail fans will find the building of the new locomotive “BROWN BEAR” an interesting read. Oh! Just one other thing, do check their timetable carefully before you visit as they don’t run on every day of the week.
The locomotive that is being rebuilt in the workshop at Lhen Coan on the Groudle Glen railway is SEA LION and the twin to POLAR BEAR. This locomotive can be seen on the Amberley Railway at the Amberley Museum and Heritage Centre on the South Coast of England. I have also uploaded a video of this great little railway that you can view.
For the many subscribers from numerous countries around the world that kindly visit my site, I hope that the Isle of Man will now feature in their list of places to visit for narrow gauge enjoyment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think this will do it for now....Have a Blessed Week ahead my friends.......

Thanks for dropping by.....

Hi Blue! Thanks again for posting such interesting video links! Glad you are recovering from your SSD woes. I must admit, your adventures are making me double-think getting an SSD versus a fast HDD. Especially since living here in Micron land I think my choice might have been to buy the Micron SSD. Well, no hurry I guess. I just installed an updated driver to my Intel Optane, which is an SSD used for cache, and now for some reason I have a TON of missing dependencies, unfortunately right as my FCT expired. I know the new driver initialized the SSD cache, but that should not have deleted assets from the main install, so I am not sure what happened. Keep posting your adventures, I read them with great interest and love watching your video links!

SSD'S can be tricky sometimes...

Hi Blue! Thanks again for posting such interesting video links! Glad you are recovering from your SSD woes. I must admit, your adventures are making me double-think getting an SSD versus a fast HDD. Especially since living here in Micron land I think my choice might have been to buy the Micron SSD. Well, no hurry I guess. I just installed an updated driver to my Intel Optane, which is an SSD used for cache, and now for some reason I have a TON of missing dependencies, unfortunately right as my FCT expired. I know the new driver initialized the SSD cache, but that should not have deleted assets from the main install, so I am not sure what happened. Keep posting your adventures, I read them with great interest and love watching your video links!

You made my Day Sir,

I have much more to express from the point of time, that I now think problems were occurring, But I didn't realize it due to the way they manifested themselves.......:confused:

Glad you enjoyed the Videos..........You Tube is the most amazing program/platform, I remember years ago when it started and wondered if it would take off? Big Dummy me, it sure did, and continues phenomenal growth each year......:)

As for SSD, you should get one, and I just say, get the largest you can buy, like a HDD traditional, you'll never go wrong, Heat is your number one issue and how many Writes to SSD and MTBF, Mean time between Failure........

HP SSD NAS 2TByte chip, of B+M style I using a NAS Style SSD do to all the Disk Writes from Trainz and/or any other similar Graphic intensive program that requires lots of File updates Etc......

I now have Fresh Copy of Win10 on new 2Tera Byte SSD so will see how it works....It seems to me this SSD works better with Trainz in the Disk Writes.

That's about it for now, I have to straighten out a whole bunch of directories and re add all my original Programs too. For reasons I'll explain later when get my Summery written share here......;)

Have a great weekend.......:wave:

A Blessed Sunday to al and Happy Father's Day too.......

Happy Father's Day to all,

Wishing all my Friends here the best day........

Hope you are having a great Father's Day too Blue!

Sure did, It was a wonderful day, just relaxed, stayed home......Enjoyed the Sunshine..........:D

So we had some quality time with Grand Kids this week, they are growing so fast, one going to High School this year, and the other one almost finished with College............We are so proud of them.....;)

Tonight, I have Grand Kids Family coming back in from East Coast, Funeral Situation......

New NAS SSD Chip 2 Tera/ Timber Ridge Rt Pics/ No YTube today...Sorry

Good Day all,

just popped in for a minute, my new 2TB HP NAS SSD Chip is working great, I am still reloading my Programs, about 85% of the Drive is complete now....Been interesting, but it seems to me, this NAS Style SSD works much better than traditional SSD's in the fact it is made to handle Streaming, and Multiple Writes on Disk works good for Trainz........I also adjusted my Battery and CPU GPU thresholds to hold down the excessive heat from NVIDIA GPU......Got my Chilling Fan Board running too, with Summer here, the house is about 20-30 Degrees warmer, so naturally my Laptop runs warmer in Summer too.......Heat is your worst enemy for Electronics in summer Weather.....

Been playing with Timber Ridge 2021 at night after I get done doing a Room rehab for our Church, the Contractors they hired to paint walls, didn't do a good job, no prep work, they just painted, it may have been the People that hired them didn't explain or want to pay for proper Drywall existing Rehab, I don't know, but I do know when bubbles and Joints show after painting the old walls, thinks weren't prepped, so I am going in, and re-taping several areas of Ugly Wall Board......One area there was no Paper Taping between joints, and it was uneven......

This little project is going to take some time, but it will be worth it, when I finish.........The good thing, the Church trusted my judgement as they have are seeing the repair work I am doing already and like it........Doing this pro Bono and paying it forward as they say, gives me a good feeling to make a difference........

No time to do You Tube, I have to run to handle some help for a aging family member relocation..........I got some good ones to Post up later......I promise......!

So here is some quick Picks from Timber Ridge Rte 2021, I was running some train z late last night......For decompression time.......Love the Route, and still haven't explored it all yet......Check it out.......

Doing some Spline cars with Logging work here......

Works ok so far, we had a lot of Logging Spline Cars today.....

Over view of Logging unloading Camp

Pick up finished Wood Sheeting Goods here.....Head of to our Customers......

Headed up to steep hills here soon.....Engine does real well in pulling the weighted products here.....

Really like the Rock Work done on this Route by Sir Dan Gavel......Really makes this Route Shine, and variety of Shrub and Trees perfectly placed too......

Look at the detail he did to Rock Face, this took hours to get it just right.......Amazing work here.........From the Author.....

What a view you have as we watch the Train climb 5-9% grades against surreal Rock outcroppings, I love it...........

We are hauling in about 25 log spline cars here to unload....Looks like Steam Crane is hot, charged and ready togo to work.......

Like to know more about Timber Ridge 2021,,,,,,,

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?163711-TRS-2019-Timber-ridge-std-gauge-2021-freeware

Have a great day all.......

Last edited:
Timber Ridge Line 2021/YTube Pics

Good Monday Day all,

It has been a very, very Busy Week, We got our Family Member moved to Assisted living and all their things moved out of the place they had been living in for over a decade, maybe two. They have a really bad problem with Diabetes, and since there are in the late Golden years, they wont be returning home.....Sad to see someone who could have been more proactive about their Sugar levels, now they are regimented to Dialysis 3 times a week......

Been busy doing a doing rehab project for our Church Group, amazing what a putting some new Cabinets and Fresh Paint can do for an area. Sad thing is they hired some contractors whose work was marginal, and we having to redo some areas that were not completed satisfactory. But in the end it will be a job well done when corrective procedures are implemented.

As for my Computer, almost all of the programs are reinstalled, just a few left to complete, and will be ship shape, then I need to make fresh disk images.

Now over to Trainz:
Happy to say, I have no faulty Assets, I kept a word to myself, that when I get something out of whack, either I fix it, or delete it within the day.

In the meantime, I'm having a ball playing with Timber Ridge 2021 Route, it has tons of places to play in, have only play in 1/4 of the Route. I highly recommend Sir Dan Gavels upgraded Timber Ridge 2021.....It has lots to offer......

Full load of Tankers headed to North Engine Fuel Facility Tanks.

A very Strong Steam Locomotive having no problem pulling loaded Tanks thru town.

Today's Trip will take us thru a number of Old West Towns as we head to our Destination.

We are headed out to the Country side.....Beautiful area.

It looks like a Wye here, actually Sir Dan Gavel as made a perfection of Route Merging into the main lines here......Well done and no speed restrictions either......A little hard to see, on middle Right side here are pristine Waterways......

Just finished going thru another Countryside.

Time to head up the hills now, 7% grades in some spots. We may need a Helper Loco?

My Engineer is handling this Locomotive with great care and expertise.

Nice Shot of Lake and River area.

================================================================================
Blues YouTube Picks of the week.
BNSF freight train Castle Rock with old ATSF gondolas.

https://youtu.be/uhY8_YIEAq0

Rail traffic seems to be finally increasing. Caught this train with some ancient Santa Fe, gondolas towards the rear of the train. Most rail cars have a 50 year lifespan before they are condemned or in need of major overhauls. Those two old cars might be heading for the steel mill in Pueblo where they scrap rail cars.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments: For DDA40X lovers, and iconic Steam enthusiasts too....Massive Horsepower here,,,,,

Union Pacific #844 and DDA40X #6936 Denver, Colorado 2013

https://youtu.be/SDjEferhARw

Here is some older video of the Union Pacific #844, and the DDA40X #6936 as it travels up the wye in Denver, Colorado in 2013.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Santa Fe, 2-10-4, Madame Queen, #5000 steam locomotive on display Amarillo, Texas

https://youtu.be/rw9dpJ81yCk

The stunning "Madame Queen", 2-10-4, #5000, steam locomotive formally operated by the Santa Fe railroad. Now on display at Amarillo, Texas. This locomotive is a absolute beast! Built in 1930 by the Balwin Locomotive Works. It runs a very high boiler pressure of 300 PSI. Locomotive and tender weighs 331 tons. Locomotive produces a impressive 93.000 pounds of tractive effort.

Retired in the mid 50's with a astounding 1,750,000 miles. This locomotive must have been very reliable, and well liked to have been retired with that kind of mileage. Several attempts have been made with plans to restore and run this locomotive, however no progress has been made so far. A few years ago the city offered this locomotive for sale. More information can be found here https://www.amarillorailmuseum.com/ma...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comment: Always use the right tool(s) for the Right Job, case in point here, yes it is expensive, but also is keeping a mainline closed for more than 2 days, as they say, time is money..

This Crew knows exactly how to do the Job at hand.....

TRRS 547: Railroad Rail Replacement

https://youtu.be/MNpUD6iLWNY

Premiere: Sun Sep 20 at 9:00p ET - Running Time: 26:18
GRAND RAPIDS, MICHIGAN - 23 Jul 2020

Just like any other kind of infrastructure, railroad track is ultimately an expendable resource, requiring periodic reconstruction or rehabilitation to remain in top operational form.

While the large steel rails of today’s railroads are hardy and can last for decades, over time they are surface worn by passing trains, and are subjected to stress and strain which precipitates in the formation of metal fatigue and internal cracking. While rail grinding does extend the life of the rail, eventually it becomes more cost effective to swap it out for new steel.

Special thanks to this crew for graciously allowing me to film their work and be good sports about it. It isn’t always easy working in front of an unknown camera lens, but I think this process is so neat and worth sharing with others. I hope that after watching this video you have also come to appreciate the process and honest work these guys do to keep trains rolling.

CSX Curve Rail Gang at Seymour
Consist:
- CSX LRC 200803 Sperling Railway Services Large Rail Saw
- CSX SP 200703 Nordco Single-Side Spike Puller
- CSX SP 200714 Nordco Single-Side Spike Puller
- CSX EX 201005 RCE Equipment Solutions/John Deere 225D Railavator
- CSX SC 200803 Sperling Railway Services Rail Scrap Retriever
- CSX TPM 200702 Sperling Railway Services Tie Plugging Machine
- CSX CA 201902 Knox Kershaw KKA Kribber Adzer
- CSX EX 201106 RCE Equipment Solutions/John Deere 225D Railavator
- CSX PC 200713 Rail Saw Cart
- Progress Rail Chemetron CMW33 In-Track Rail Welding Truck
- CSX SD 20172L Nordco Production Spike Driver
- CSX RH 200401 Teleweld Rail Heater
- CSX RHC 201001 Teleweld Rail Heater Cart
- CSX AA 200602 Nordco Anchor Applicator
- CSX AA 200202 Nordco Anchor Applicator
- CSX SD 20171L Nordco Production Spike Driver
- CSX SD 20173L Nordco Production Spike Driver
- CSX RAC 201903 Nordco Rail Anchor Cart
Location/Time:
- CSX Grand Rapids Terminal Sub, Grand Rapids, MI, Kalamazoo Ave xing/Seymour, on 23Jul2020 from 09:16 to 13:58 EDT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NS Office Car Special Train led by Penn Central Heritage Unit #1073

https://youtu.be/9xZ1wxtHNrw

The Norfolk Southern OCS Office Car Special Train led by Penn Central Heritage Unit #1073

- Amtrak Timetable (Updated May 2017): https://www.amtrak.com/ccurl/122/248/...
- Amtrak Unit/Locomotive Roster:
http://trn.trains.com/railroads/roste...
- BNSF Train Symbols:
http://railroadfan.com/wiki/index.php...
- CSX Train Symbols:
http://railroadfan.com/wiki/index.php...
- CSX Unit/Locomotive Roster:
https://www.thedieselshop.us/CSX.HTML
- Norfolk Southern Train Symbols: http://railroadfan.com/wiki/index.php...
- Norfolk Southern Unit/Locomotive Roster
http://www.nsdash9.com/roster.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That'll do for today enjoy the week ahead then......

Thanks for all the videos and your work with the routes that surely help more than one.

About the Naranco de Bulnes I will tell you that I knew that region many years ago when you could go up by car to the small village of Bulnes; I think now you can only go up in a funicular.

Hugs my friend

Javier

Thanks for all the videos and your work with the routes that surely help more than one.

About the Naranco de Bulnes I will tell you that I knew that region many years ago when you could go up by car to the small village of Bulnes; I think now you can only go up in a funicular.

Hugs my friend

Javier

Good Morning and Hugs to you my Friend,

Great to hear from you today.......Very happy your enjoying the Videos, I have learned so much more about Railroads,,,,Amazing all the Technology and what goes on behind the scenes between me Train Watching.......:hehe:

About "Naranco de Bulnes" I have to read more about that one, I am just off to our Church to work on more on Rehab Project, it is going to be a busy week....So I am trying to get an early start before the Heat comes this morning, Summer is here now.......

Take care and be safe over there..........Hasta Mañana then......:wave:

Heat Waves US&Canada/YTube Picks/ UMR 2020 Photos

Good Tuesday Morning,

Hard to believe July has arrived, and Summer is fully onboard. Fortunately we haven't hit 100 yet, 85-90's for now, unfortunately Northern California all the way to Canada had some some crazy hot days. Record Breaking, some crazy Weather going on.........Meanwhile we had some friends from the Mid West and they have been getting frequent Rain Storms, one day, they got 4" of Rain, I asked them to send us some for the Whole West Coast and parts of Canada........

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=record+breaking+heat+wave

On to Computer, finally got all my Programs lined up and installed now, Win ZIP and Quicken were late to the Game, but they finally made it.....And the final component I needed, which I had overlooked somehow, was all my unused Screenshots in Trainz Routes, only downside I have to go thru it, since goes back 3 years, so I have posted 1/3 of 1500 Pictures. I pretty much know what ones I posted, hopefully won't take to long to sort it out.

Really enjoying my NAS SSD M2 Chip, it works much better when you have large amounts of Deletions or File Movements.

My only other situation, I need to do a backup image disk of Drive for preservation and setup my One Drive and Carbonite programs. I think I only want my Pictures backed up on One Drive, and everything else on Carbonite. I might change Carbonite to something like I-Drive depending on how efficient they are.....Have to say Carbonite did give me all the Files to for 100% backup, took about 1.5 days to download it all. But in all consideration, it worked. And I can't really Fault that when you consider how things could have turned out.....

===============================================================================================================
Blue's YouTube Pics of the week:

Comments: This Train was Booking.........!
CP train at Alliston with ten engines military unit 7023

https://youtu.be/ry4COP5GTNI

CP 103/101/113/119 also carrying all the real cars I felt like I was going to freeze to death for a second LOL
BIG Derailment Near Front Royal Virginia - I-66 Norfolk Southern Freight Train 12R Linden VA

https://youtu.be/vTLeJWG9hAg

Big Derailment Near Front Royal Virginia - I-66 Norfolk Southern Freight Train Norfolk Southern 12R Train Wreck
Comments:Seems to me, I have seen this in some Trainz Route's.

Weebling and wobbling through the grass on the Mississippi Delta railroad

https://youtu.be/wfdpGpUww30

Jessica Philpot: So this is my fathers short line. I have worked as the engineer you can see the rails in the cab. This was shot crazy. Secondly it is a constant fight and maintenance issue to keep up the track due to heat and humidity. If you have been to the delta it is awful. We would repair a bit of track and return to that same area the next week to repair a heat kink. Not to mention all the area this track runs on is marsh like. Constant water and changes to the ground. You should pay the delta a visit someday!
Comments: Pay close attention after Time Point 1:45 Blink and you'll miss it.
Once in a lifetime train catch Kamloops, British Columbia 2006

https://youtu.be/we5B26Yw3cg

I thought I would upload this video while I was looking through my old tapes. In my 30 plus years of filming trains this one was a first. Right when the last car passed me another train came at that exact moment. Not sure what the odds are for this one, but pretty sure it will never happen again, at least at these speeds.
Filmed in 2006.
The debut of Rio Grande Southern, 4-6-0, #20! Freight and passenger runs.

https://youtu.be/YzR90P1h9OE

This is the first official revenue train, for the recently restored, Rio Grande Southern, #20. The locomotive is a coal burning, three foot gauge, 4-6-0 type locomotive built by Schenectady Locomotive Works in 1899 for the Florence and Cripple Creek. It was last run in 1951. This is one of Americas longest and most costly steam locomotive restorations taking over 14 years and costing over $1.5 million dollars. The locomotive is now home at the Colorado Railroad Museum in Golden, Colorado where it will be steamed up on special occasions, and run on about 1/3 of a mile of circle track.

The locomotive looked like it just came out of the factory this day. The locomotive performed very well with no issues to be seen or heard. Passenger trains were pulled first followed by some freight runs. Despite the steep 4% grade near the station, I did not see the locomotive slip wheels which is a real rarity for that location. For more information including photos click link here http://cs.trains.com/trn/b/staff/arch...
Comments: If I don't forget will see some

"Return of the Rock: One Full Hour of Rock Island Rail Action" it's a great story of Fallen Flag, Rock Island!
=======================================================================================================

Pictures this week come from UMR 2020 Route........

Running some Freight Tests for Signal Aspect Checks Etc.

Made my day to get a Lunar Aspect display,,,,,

http://cs.trains.com/trn/f/111/t/62494.aspx

The aspect of a Lunar signal is a bluish white light...Indication is proceed at restricted speed.
GCOR rule 9.1.11 Most of the time you find a Lunar at yard entrance or sidings, it is used to control access to a yard from a main line, and vice versa.

Solo Light Engine running down the line......No Derailments so far.....

Night Run on the UMR

Little Action on the Beer Run portion of New England Route.......

That'll do for now, Busy week ahead, and it's already going to be Tuesday........Thank you for dropping by....

Back