Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Evening all,

Just a follow up here, we have to much water in one are because of my Merges.,. so we r going to correct that and drop some water, do some hill making etc. I'm not sure how I want this to look exactly, but the easiest thing first in remove the water!

The dark areas (charcoal in color is where I started sketching out water deletion.

Another View from across the Harbor on what was a Peninsula type area, and that will change too, as you can see we have a funny Rock Pinacle :eek:in the middle of the picture which I'll change and redraw it into a more pleasing shape. less esoteric I guess.

You can see another side of the View here across a different angle, I'll re adjust the whole dark area higher, and I might make some what of Sandy beach area where the first Charcoal finger like area starts.

As discussed before, I like using Grid ?Mode a lot so I can see what is happening under My Grid Line Hood so to speak. This way I make sure no Tracks, Trains or anything else is left underneath. You see the left over Water Grids here and how easy it would be to leave one, I have to tell you, there has been a lot of Routes I was digging down for Mines, Canyon etc and all of Sudden I hit left over Water Puddles from other Route Builders, which is not a big deal, but I prefer Water only where I want it. Just personal preference.

OK,,, water is removed, now I go in and make the height changes, will see how far I get and I'll try and post more Progress Pictures later tonight.

Thanks for coming by Folks. Comments, Questions are always welcome.

New Retention Dam built

Well its Thursday already, lots of work going on in the Railroad. We are in Wire Mode here, as I cut a new Canal to connect 2 different heights of Water with a Dam in between and another one probably at the other end of the Canal when all is said and done.

It's a tricky job because the water height difference is 9.5 feet high (canal side) to low, (Harbor Bay side) on the left, and they did touch once and I had bare dirt on the High side as the water connected to the Lower basin......EEEK

Below still in Wire Mode, we see the new Dam in place, and I had to fiddle with the Track because it was too low, well we didn't have a Canal there before today....:hehe:.You know how it is, change one thing and sometimes everything else nearby is suddenly out of Whack LOL....As for the new Canal, I'll wioden it quite a bit now that I see how it looks......Little by little. I also adjusted and Built up a lot of Hill area on the left side, and smoothed lots of area as well.

This is a long view and you can really see the Canal, the Dredging is not finished of Course as another Dam will go near the other Bridge in the Back Ground.

Staged a Passenger Train to see how my Rail Bridge looks, it was off by 4 feet when I put the Dam Spillway in and moved some of Track-age with Dirt height changes.....Good thing the Railroad is looking ahead on potential Drain problems from bad weather Storms in the area, all will be good once we finish this project as Water Flooding is now controlled and this area can hold lots of Water. All good.

Here is a partial view of the canal with Water, but it will look much better when I widen more and I probably will extend that back Rail Bridge too with increased width of Canal.

On left of the Canal, I smoothed, Raised the Hills on the Left, need Trees and other things too, haven't quite got it all finished as they say it is WIP for sure.

This is other end of main line view where it splits into the Harbor Master area, heavy industrial area.....

That all for tonight......

Dam Waterway Project 1

Hello everyone, been up to my Eyeballs with Honey Do and paperwork projects around the house, wishing all you a peaceful and great Friday.

So lots of things going on here, First in this picture, I revamped the flatlands in the back right, and raised them into low hills and Mountains. if you follow track slightly right of Center going into a Tunnel at Hill entrance, what I did, is change the Ridge profile and broaden the landscape out, so it wasn't so pointed in looking like a strange Rock formation sticking out. I decided to add the tunnel as an afterthought, and I'm going to Relocate the Power Gen Plant at base of hill in Back, I think I bring it in and over to the left into Plowed brown dirt and it will look better, Texture will be Sandy color, I think I can do a cut and paste, or Copy and Paste ops, to new location?

Over head view of Power Plant and better view of new Tunnel. It meanders to right and out the back connecting to main line to Harbor Master area in back.,out of View area.

Here is Wire view, now you can really see how I got the Tunnel situated underground. As everyone knows Tunnels can be a pain in the Neck to get the openings to lay in the Right direction, they Snap to the Grids , which I don't like and I don't remember if that can be shut off.:'( .......I wasted a good 20 mins trying to get the openings to line up with the Track, of course I had to adjust connection points on both ends and move the Track to correct bad Gradients in the Curves, which terrible. Now it is fine.

Now this is a different Bridge I changed too, because I think it works better, however I might change it again as I needed 3 Splines in here to get it to Curve right for me. I also cut out the Water pieces while I adjusted the Splines, it's very easy to drop them back in once I get the Curves in right.

This shows both ends of the Waterway, and I widened it quite a bit, I might do a little more yet on the Left side, I have do more smoothing on Hills and some color variations too. Trees will be added later on, as I have lots to Texture and change in adjoining areas.

Since I moved some Tracks around , I will need to Test connection points, New Tunnel Etc to make sure my curves and Grades are Ok.

It's quite easy to to take a 2% Grade and have it change to 5-6% and not even realize it when your working in the Mountains. A couple of times my Grades were off 1-2% when I mover hills around nearby, just the nature of the Beast.

:hehe: I even wiped out a long Trestle Bridge somehow, Mouse must have reached out further in Draw Distance..........I never get bored around my Route......:p

In this picture you see the other side of the Mountains and the beginning of HarborMaster area as it begins, the mainline from the Dam area connects and splits in 2 more main lines to the Ports area, as there is Heavy, Heavy Industrial areas in the HarborMaster Merged Route., Phil Skene has put in a lot of different industries to play with, and you can get lost in there with the Maze of Tracks, return Loops over and under tracks, he is a Master Magician.......Thank you Phil for your great work.......!

That's about it for today, I have to run and get back to my other Projects.

Thanks for Dropping by Folks, it means a lot to me..........Take Care

Last edited:
Airplane Crash @ Aurora Airport (Fuel Spilled unkown on Pilot Status) Trains Stopped!

Morning Folks,

:eek: Looks like we have some action at our local airport today, A private plane landing overshot the landing strip, in fact he almost landed his plane in the Harbor, it appears his Gear didn't retract for some reason.

We had to stop our Scheduled Train till Fire Department gives the all clear from any Risk of Explosion due to Aviation Fuel spillage around the Plane..

Fire Department will make sure it has been rendered safe for both nearby R.R. Tracks and Vehicle Traffic

In this picture you can see all the emergency vehicles around the plane ready for any fire, it appears the Plane has dug itself into the Dirt Field past the Strip. He is one lucky guy, now we are told he was flying around to burn up extra Fuel so their wouldn't be a higher chance of a bad explosion.

FAA is on their way out to take a report. Probably something Mechanical that went wrong.

;) Its late in the afternoon so we be feeding our Customers on the Train some tasty snacks as they enjoy the Harbor View and have a front row seat view across the water of what is going on with the Plane Crash, fortunately the Pilot is ok, well,:hehe: funny thing, he is in a Suit "Dressed to the Nines!" So I guess he'll be a little late for his Business Meeting.

:eek: Out New Tunnel and Tracks is working just fine, which is good, never expected a plane crash on the first day of this run.

It's a beautiful Star Lit evening now and we are serving some Wine and Beer on the Train, to keep our Passengers happy, the Fire Dept. has told us, they'll be releasing the Tracks shortly so we can continue our Trip into Montana Rocky Mountains Tonight.

Passengers are happy with our Service and they understand what's going on…Our passengers other than delay, are Safe, Fed and aware of the delays and why, Perception is everything in this business!…
Communication is key here.

Conductor is doing everything in his power to keep the Folks happy.

I did some modeling and smoothing on the hills in this area. I didn't get the Power Plant moved yet, as I got stuck over here having some fun redoing parts of the area.

Reshaping some of the Harbor Points. Reducing some more of the Water area around the airport.

Thanks for dropping by my place, and have a great weekend Folks.

Last edited:
Fixing sharp cut off Slopes, Bridge Curvature

Good Evening all.

:( I was looking at this area and noticed that when I used the Track leveling tool, the one that sets the Ground immediate to the present height of your track, the Mountain Slopes have cut off look to them. That's when I realized like others have said, it is better to smooth and level, raise your terrain rather than use the quick and easy method I use more than I should.

I you look at the Picture below, and the Ridge of the Mountain to left of the Train drops off sharply and that is what I intend to correct so the mountains, or Hills, look more natural. Also one thing I need to do is allow more room for the Train Tracks when I send them thru the mountains.

Looking from this side you really can see how I chopped the Hill off when I brought in the Rail Line. I know I could leave it and it would get by, but when I look at other fantastic Routes, I can really see the difference of flowing Terrain, so I'm going to try and emulate as best I can.

In this Picture, I added 3 more splines to get a better Curvature. I also, later on, plan to look over Ben Dorsey's Bridges to possibly install in some spots.

I saw a couple of his Bridges on another Thread that someone had shown on their Route, and his Bridges are Stunning.

So getting back to the picture, I got a better curve on the Bridge, and I smoothed out the hills in the Gorge area, and I need to drop some of the cone shapes in my surrounding mountains. In the Water canal, I went back and tried to smooth out the Terrain where it meets the Water, again that is an issue I create for myself when I use a set drop in feet when Digging areas.

As for the Plane Crash below, everything is all cleaned up and back to normal.

In this picture looking at middle where Tracks split apart, I knocked the large hills down, You can see cone effect of that Hill in the middle of the picture.

Now I sloped and smoothed the sharp cuts better so this area looks more natural but in the left side I need to adjust those Cone Mountain tops, which won't be too difficult. This whole area will get Trees and Weeds, I just don't know when, it is for sure a WIP. And I'm trying learn as I go.

Now with the Train stopped I think we have a more natural look in the slope of Mountains?

It's almost Monday here so I bid you all a good week ahead.

Last edited:
More Smoothing, coloring and De Coning the Mountains.

:'( My Mother told there would be days like this! LOL, all I did was smooth and De CONE the points off my Pointy Tops.

So in this picture I think the Hills are looking more natural and defined. I colored out the Grey Primer I initially use when I started this area.

I colorized this area, and moved the Main Line around a bit to clear the slope areas of hill sides that move higher when adjustments are made. Looking in the back ground, You don't see any hard cone headed mountain tops. I think we have some good progress here.

I redid the earth fill behind the Dam, and recolored the Berm in behind it, I think I'm satisfied with it now. I have to tell you, it was hard putting in the Dam Piece, and adjusting the Water levels, took quite a bit of time.

I also found out, the best way for this wall to go in,is in perfect alignment on Grid Axis, if you put it at any other angle, it doesn't work for separating the Water on both sides, if they connect at all, then all Water becomes the same level and we have big problem.

When I found out my Alignment issue, I had to realign and redo the whole installation over.

Not complaining here, just sharing my issues, so it doesn't happen to you, on your first time.

I do remember someone mentioned putting in 2 pieces for Dam placement to get the wall right when holding the water, and appearance, I don't remember who it was. Sorry?

In this picture you see the earthen, Rocky Berm, which is slightly higher than water behind it,,I might adjust it a little lower, not sure? or might leave it as is. As I'm going to add Shrubbery, weeds, Reeds, Trees etc later on, which will change the picture a lot.

:eek: I'm not sure you can see the Square Diamond hole in the Hill top here, but that is one of the things that happens when your changing Ground levels to build hills etc. I didn't notice it till I came to color it, and Voila it was there......

Another long view here, I think we have all the hills in this area looking more natural, now I need to go move a Power Plant over the other Ridge and refill the area to more natural.

That's it for tonight. Good night all.

Last edited:
Power Plant Relocate, Hill adjustments, and Trestle Track Changes.....

Good Day all, yesterday was one busy day around the house, Spring Cleaning continues, :eek: OMG we have accumulated lots of Junk over the Decades, like 40 yrs, scary. But me and the Mr's have finally decided the time has come to reorganize and clean up our mess.:'(

Now in between that hard labor, I do get some union breaks around here, :hehe:and well , you know what happens, my little Pea Brain gets to thinking about my favorite hobby, Trainz.

So I want you to think about time when you were working hard on one of your Routes, as you looked it over while track laying, you decided you wanted make a rail connection from one extreme location to another, you had to get those points hooked up, no if and or buts about it, because you could go through some interesting area. SO you made the Track go through rough terrain, Mountain Tops, across the is mus, water ways, whatever it took. That was a happy day for you.

Then in the future as you are reworking an area, you look at your previous work, and say, why did I do it this way, it's just not working out, it causes problems with other areas your trying to change, and now you decide, this has to be changed no matter what!

For me, I cut to far back into the hill with the Power Plant I added, then if that wasn't enough, later on, I added a mainline over the mountain connecting another area. So in hind sight I compounded my problem, as I didn't like the Trestle Bridge I put in either for the nearby main line from another area.....

So we r going to relocate some things, it's going to take some work, and the Picture below shows how it looks now before we start.

We r going to move, by Copy and Paste mode the whole Power Plant from the back to over into the Plowed Brown Field area down and to the Left.

Now here is another view from different angle here so you can assess what it looks like, Notice the Brown Trestle Bridge, going behind industrial plants, I'm going to Raise the land to height of Trestle Bridge and move Tracks further over to the back of this area.

I know it looks funny, but I wanted you to see where the Plant was and where I moved, however it is still not right, I have to move it back towards the hill about 1/2 way, as it is too close to other tracks, and when I raise the land, it interferes with curved Rail Line on the left of it.

This Square white circle you see is the Paste Command in action, as I have the Power Plant in Que Copy ready to put in new location.

Now it's pasted, I go over to original and start deleting it. I also had to cut the Power lines and move as well, on upper right you can see a small section of 2 Poles left as those will be reconnected over the mountains once I get the Ground level adjusted higher as intended. Light Dirt Color will be covered over with some Green Tones etc.

Ok, that's it for today, I will try and drop some more pictures later today as I change things around, like the Rail Tunnel Pass, it will be moved and adjusted over the left.

So wish me luck here and lets see if we can make this look a little more inviting.

:wave: Thanks for dropping by, your comments and questions are always welcome here.

Last edited:
Hi Blue,
Looks like you have some pretty major reconstruction going on here! I think you did a good job smoothing out the mountain. I should mention that another thing I like about your route is the variety of trains you run on it. The commentary as usual is good to read and gives me a chuckle sometimes.

Carry on!

Jack

Power Plant Relocate, Hill adjustments, and Trestle Track Changes.....II

Evening All,

Thanks jackyamstel for the kind comments, and there is always something going in my camp LOL...

Ok, so where in the middle of moving the Power plant to a better location, one of the tools I use a lot is Wire Mode, and below I needed to spot my objects in orderly manner, I don't care for items out of alignment, so my intention to set things even with the Grid Lines, granted there are situations where you don't need thing's exactly straight line.

Another way I use the Grid View is to see how my Tunnel Lines are set underground. Outlined in Red here. Over to right is the Trestle Bridge that will be removed and redrawn from the new Tunnel position I made.

Below I temporarily recolored the old Power site with some Green which will be adjusted with other color swatches to match with the Hils in the back.

In this view you can really see the Trestle Bridge, take notice in this picture where the Tunnel, it will be moved quite a bit to the left, close to the Power Lines in the back hill there.

I just outlined the Bridge here, and you can see a good size black painted piece of Land I raised, I thought I draw a bit of a Peninsula land form jetting out from the coast line for some added appeal in the Bay. Probably drop some Palm Trees and other Tropical stuff and then decide if this works out OK.

Another View straight on so you can see how it looks against hills, I promise the Color will look better the next time you see it.

Map overview of WIP plans

I still have to get this area below fixed, and look what happened, I got stuck moving a power plant in the Yellow outline area. The Red area is the new Jetty I raised out of the Bay.

I like to show a map once in a while I think it helps visualize better what I'll trying to explain.

The white circle below is where I was adjusting and smoothing the hills back up to match the original ground level. Those Power Lines sitting all by them selves will be re stretched and positioned back into the Power Plant once I get the Ground Terrain the way I want it.

Here you get a good visual of how my Tunnel Curve is laid out, in fact one of my curves to the back side of Tunnel was off Gradient and too sharp because I was able to see it over head, a quick adjustment was all I needed to fix the problem.

In this Grid View, you can see I took and disconnected the Tunnel on this side and pulled it far to left side and new Tracks will be added and new Grade % reset, I'm looking at 2.75% to 3.15% max for now, I might be able to raise track in Valley floor a bit and get a lower Grade %....Will see how that pans out for me. And with the Grid View, I need a lot of Wasted Water Squares to be trimmed out here and there from moving stuff around.

Normal view here, and the Power Plant is too far forward, so it will get moved more to the back closer to the Hills.

I moved the plant further back and I also got the Fuel Globes lined up OK,,,I think I will have a small single Spur Line next to the Fuel Globes Tanks for Delivery supplies to the Power center.? Just experimenting here and there to see what I can do. Old Trestle Bridge has been removed and now you see the new main line from Tunnel which is a little submerged back into the hill, I think this will look better.

Look over to the left of the Power Plant, you see another Curved Main Line coming round the mountain, I will probably adjust the height a little bit too...... I just saw something else I need to fix when I look at that rail line, I need to remove the Plowed fields going up the side of the mountain, no way Farmer John plowed that field......LOL.....What happened is I raised the ground when I elevated it into a small hill.........Totally forgot to fix that, what a airhead I am sometimes.....All I can do is confess to my Family here......Good for the Soul you know.......Dang, I see it 12:30 PM, time to hit the Rack,,,,,eh, I mean the bed......See you all tomorrow, have a good day......

Island/Jetty enhancements continue, New Roads added for access!

Good Friday all, Been busy cleaning out our Garage this week, you never realize how much you stuff in a Garage till you have to clean it, cause there is no more room to stuff the Junk!

Slowly but surely we will prevail.

So after a long day and evenings work in the Garage, I went back to my Island, I know it isn't quite an Island, one can dream of course it is away from the City and RR yards. When you look across the Bay and see the Railroad it feels like we are away on a private place.

So what I did, is add some more plants, Palms, Trees, and an Access Road going up into the Bluffs on the Right. I don't like the Road type that much as I had to put in a lot of Splines to keep it from splitting and Breaking up on the Curves, probably just me not doing well with Road Construction and change of heights etc. But I'll learn as I do it more often, I haven't played with roads all that much in Trainz.

Closer look here and I did more smoothing on the Bluffs, and Hills in back, tried to modulate the Colors a little better, still need to add Trees......I'm also thinking of bringing in the RED HEN INTERURBAN CAR in the Bluff Area as added small transportation area for small residents that will build a few homes up in the Top., that will come in due Time. I have to Experiment.......Just want something small, simple and quint? Not sure on the spelling of the last word in that sentence. Forgive me please.

Below is end of Paved road, then we goto to a Dirt Road the rest of the way down to the Island House below, I think that will work ok Aesthetically ....

Front view of Roads and Bluff area.....

Looking at the Road in the Back I have to check the Grades to see if I can drop a Spur line in the back for the potential RED HEN SETUP I'm thinking about.

ALL W.I.P. here.......But I am having fun.......

And that's what counts in Trainz, relaxing and having some fun, sharing my accomplishments with the Great folks here in the Forum!

I had to figure out where this road was going to lead us back to the City? So I made it go around the mountain and cross into the Main Line R.R tracks on the other side.

It crosses back and forth twice on the main line on this side, you see the new Tunnel in the back ground that leads to Power Station over the Hill in Back of Picture.v I did some more continued smoothing on this side of the hills as well, probably do more as I tinker about this area, Trees needed and weeds along tracks, but not today.......

Well, this is about it for here,

The next set of Pictures will continue the new Road as it meanders along the Mainline here to the Right. And I have a terminus for it going into a Auto Road Tunnel, not yet placed but it will make sense I think as to where the Road is headed too from this side.

Thanks for dropping by and have a great weekend all.

Last edited:
Island/Jetty enhancements continue, New Roads added for access! Part Deux

Late evening all,

It's already Sat, and lots to do, but I thought I'd drop in and post some more Pics for you all.

Recall I added an access road to the Island/ Jetty House, this is the continuance of the road as it wraps around the Mountain and heads kind of North East...

At this point it wraps to the left and Rails cross off to right across a major Bridge to another Coast entrance, I might later drop in a Traffic Bridge to parallel the Rail Bridge, will see, but that is for another day.

Something was at this Mountain side before the merge, so it ends up the Road will enter a Tunnel into the Hill somewhere, this is W.I.P and :confused: I'll need to figure where the exit Traffic Tunnel comes out......?

This is an opposing view showing the Road from a different Angle. Trees and Shrubs still needed to add in the hills and mountain Ranges, just want to be sure I have everything Smoothed out with Hills Etc before I put those in.

Just wanted to show the overhead Map again, I took some time and knocked out the ugly Copy and Paste areas outlined in Red Marker., also adjusted all the hokey Hill Patterns from Pasting mistakes I made. Now this area is looking more normal and appealing to the Eye.

If you look just a little to the left of the red Marked line, you see some beige mark, like a road, like the letter J,,that is the area where I worked on tonight, and did a lot of realignment with new Grades on the Main Line.

Reason why, well, I had a problem with Southbound Trains needing to Switch back over to Montana Lines so I reconfigured some track and added something over by the new Power Plant relocation. I would literately have too drop Power off the front of Train, and put new Power on the Back to essentially make a Switch back move going into a Hairpin situation, not good for Railroad profits with 50-100 car consists, plus tying up a Yard at both ends while I backup and do reverse Power Switch! Yardmaster doesn't like when I block up his inbound/ outbound Tracks to the Port etc.

And since it is sooooo Late in the Evening, I have to post more Picture tomorrow, showing the other changes.

That's all for now, thanks for Dropping by Folks........

Power Plant follow-up and Aurora Cyn Line Grade % Change, New Wye installed.

Good Evening all,

Lots of things going on, Below is Cattaraugus Creek & Lake Erie MOW Consist, by "msgsapper" coming thru on a newly laid "WYE" checking Grade% and Curve for us. He will head up the Aurora Canyon Line and check that new Grade % too.

We are running 3% or less Downgrade from the Tunnel he just came out of by top of Power Plant, eases down 2% here into 1% beginning of Aurora Canyon Line back to 2% where it hits the next Tunnel into another Mountain Pass.

Now is confession time here, I have a bad habit of when I want lay new Track, I just point it from "A" to "B" and drop it in, problem is I use the auto Terrain height adjust tool and then if we are in heavy Hills etc, I get a real narrow Canyon Walls, which is OK, but an open area is better. You know the Drill, BAD HABITS ARE HARD TO BREAK, that's OK, just more work for me, LOL.

Ok, back to the Wye, I needed another way out of the Canyon to Montana Division, now there is no more switch back moves, I know one Yardmaster and Corridor Mgr that are going to be way happy with this addition.

Now what I did here is push the Canyon Walls way back, and I'll smooth out the Slopes similar to hills in the back of this picture. Finally got the Power Plant where I needed it to be, we also will add a additional Spur line out of the Canyon Line to supply Fuel for the Plant.

The line coming down from the Tunnel, is not finished here yet? We need to adjust the dirt on the Right and rebuild some industries below in the Yard area, Right side of the Picture Sand Colored areas.

Another view of Canyon Line as it goes up about 1-2% Grade, Spur line will come from right side of this line, and be 1-3% Grade do to height difference of Power Plant, but it will work out fine.

My Cattaraugus Creek & Lake Erie MoW Consist is headed up the Canyon, everything is running great, our MOW is headed for construction project up the line so we used him to check the Grade on this realignment.

This is Tunnel approach,, it's all rough looking now, as cutback was just done. lots of work to do here. Good thing is, the Line is open and functional and rest is Cosmetic at this point.

Here is map overhead, of the area we just went thru, Red outline shows the Canyon Line.

And there you have it for today.

Have a blessed Sunday to you and yours, and thanks for Visiting my Thread.

Last edited:
Canyon Power Plant Line open for Biz

:wave: Well after lots of Hill cutting, laying new Tracks, changing miles of Grades to accommodate the New Power Plant Relocation I think we hit pay dirt. Plant is up and running, a lot of Tankers were delivered to the Plant.

And we have regular Freight flowing thru the Canyon.

Train #301 has been stopped at the Tunnel, he's headed to the Aurora Yard over the hill here once Dispatcher's clear a couple of Thru Freights out of the Puzzle Switches.

We are Running Old reliable here a Norfolk & Western Steamer more than ready to get these empties back the Mines for another run.

Engineer is just cooling his heals for a few till he gets a Clear Signal ahead.

I have re leveled all the hills in this Canyon, I think it looks more natural than the Narrow Cut I had when I first dropped this line in?

Further down the Canyon, you can see the Power Plant around the Corner, and this is the new Spur that links it to the Offload Oil Facility for Fuel this plant needs to stay in Operation. We do have a lot of Switching going on up there with Local power, that's why we have Restricted Signal aspect here as I just threw the Switch for him, he's leaving to go back to the Yard behind NS #301 waiting up line at the Tunnel for Clearance.

We leased some power to work the new Facility here, and he dropped about 20 or so cars for initial Fuel off loading Facility for the Power Plant.. We have 3 Spurs coming off the Switch points here. Eventually will have more permanent Loco(S) assigned here once we figure out how much Fuel product this plant uses. This is our first day, so we haven't got any historical numbers to work out of, every Power Plant is different on Consumption.

Picture of Plant and new Offload Facility here I dropped in some Emergency Incident Trucks that check connections and what not to make sure we don't have any leaks during Fuel off loading operations.;)

Just looking at the Tracks on Right side Spur near the edge Drop Off, I might put in one more Spur for Storage space too? I have enough space at the Edge to do it safely.

Keeping everyone safe thru proper procedures and Follow up is what we do!

Back view look out from the Hill Top behind the Plant, I smoothed all the Hills in Canyon, you can see some of it from across on the other side of the Canyon. And that "WYE" back over by the Trees top left of Picture is going to work Great.

I have more earth moving to do to Left of this picture, and I plan on Putting in some of Dave Snow's new Buildings and ripping out some of the older original stuff here to the Left.

Also the Main Line below on left edge of the Picture I haven't quite got my Dirt Terrain the way I wont just let, I need to cut some of Hill down and Scalp it down, but I have to be careful not to make it too abrupt, that's the Key.

Have a Great Monday and thanks for Stopping by.

Last edited:
Canyon Power Plant Track revamp, and Major Derailement in Aurora, Landslide on Main

Good Tuesday more all,

Been busy doing Garage Cleaning etc, so it was time to come back and report my latest changes.

When I made the Tracks originally for this Plant, I had thought about upping the Capacity for more Storage and Shunting needs, since this Track is 3.11% Total Grade from the Main below, I didn't want to waste Fuel and time shunting to the Main, but I now in hind-site, I think I'll drop a small Siding in on the Main below to put out empty's when their done up here in offloading. That way fresh full loads can be dropped in easily and empty's are below for quick pickup by any Freights coming thru the Canyon.

So I originally had 3 spurs up here, 2 Staging for Trans load of Fuels etc on Left side of these Gas Tanks and one on this side, last night I added a 4th track on this side for shunting needs, the problem I ran into, was too much crowding in the Curves going out of this Yard!

So I ripped out the Curves and renegotiated the Curves all the way out to the Front of the Bluff Drop off.

After redoing the Tracks, with a much better Curve and approach, I also added some Trees to hide this Power Plant a little from when you view it below, had to realign the Right Track below so the Trees would fit on the side of hill next the Tunnel Main coming out below.

New Safetrans signal put in and our local is checking the new Tracks and Switches. I ran the Trees all the way down from upper Plant Spur to the Throat where it goes into the Main.

This area of the Dock is going to be redone in some spots and you can see the Plant in the Back with all the new Trees.

In the above picture just to the left of Dock Crane, there is a major Land Slide from recent Rains though not an overly large area, it cause me to lose a small consist, right into the Ocean, the Crew barely got off the Train with there Lives, some injuries no broken Bones! Luckily they were only doing 20 MPH.

The Train jumped the Tracks and flew over the side of the Ravine into the fast moving currents of the Harbor, will try and get a Salvage Boat from local Marine Service as it rests in very shallow water, Time is key maybe we get some value out of Savage of these items.

The slide was caused by unstable Dirt released by heavy Rains we experienced in the last week.....Crews and equipment are on there way to assess removal of the slide area, which covered the Tracks. More later on this development. Always have a Contingency Plan. Our Trains have Trains rerouted over different Routes till this area is returned to normal. 3-5 days estimate for now.

Thanks for Dropping by.

Last edited:
Emergency RR Equipt at work on Dirt Slide/ Power Plant overhead new Tracks Config

:( Well I guess it could have been worse, someone could have died here, we just lost our 2 Main lines in this area, thank goodness it stop near the highway and not over it, We have most of our Emergency response Crews out here to help start clearing up the Slope.

Going to take a few days, and will have to see how our Tracks look underneath all the Dirt.

Traffic is being diverted to one lane, as we start to clear the Dirt, I we have more dump trucks on their way from Montana division.

Dirt is about 25 Feet high over the Tracks as you see here..My Cats are rearing up to get the Job done, and get our Operations back to normal, remember theses are main lines supporting 2 Sorting and loading Rail on each end of the Territory, now they can still be accessed thru Lovette Mountain Portal and from Montana side, but this is a service interruption, the Mgt knows we can get this done, the Question is when? We are the meter $$$$$ and it's ticking....

I didn't include this picture in my last post, but I did discuss how what had done. You can see the trees I put in, and I see I need to move a couple more they out of alignment....LOL

My apology here, I had to go fix a TV problem for the Mr's. some things are simple, and then some things are impossible......

I have had terrible problems with night Shots looking to light, Grayish White and for once, and I guess it has to do with the Environment settings and somehow I got it right for the very first time.

So below we have a night Shot and it shows everything at work, no animation, sorry.

We have our Emergency night lights here. With a Blue Starry Night lit Sky. I try to get some more Pictures as we progress with the Repairs.

Last edited:
Back