Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263

Thread: Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Lightbulb We have a Switchback in the Route?

Good Day all,

Looks like the Rain has moved on now, and we got looks like about 3-4 inches worth and "This last rainfall season (2017-2018) was the driest for Los Angeles since 2006-2007 and the third driest since rainfall records began being kept in 1877"

https://imgur.com/gallery/MbijzqP

Alright so will here is the latest on Grade % changes in Snow Country.

I had 3 yards up in the top, so without changing them to much, I adjusted grades from 4%-10% yes, one of them was 10%, cough.......down to 3.5% and average was 2.75%-3.00% overall.....however when I got into some of the lower sections of the Route, I had to bust out the walls sideways, adding 1-2 Tiles outward, because there was 40-120 feet drop to the next area and I just couldn't swing the downgrade in such a small one tile width area.......And it was to be expected...

Found out that just before the Mountain grade finishes and heads straight to first desert City, there was a switch back on the mainline, I couldn't at first figure it out, how you drive straight thru to the upper Snow Covered Mountains......

Now Railroads in some areas of the country do use a switch back on very heavy Grades.......I use one on my Mining operation in Maria's Pass, and it works great, but mind you, the mainlines in Maria's Pass go from Point "A 'to Point "B" going pass the switchback, not thru it as in Timber Ridge Line does.

So this meant, I needed to figure how to make this a thru line and incorporate it into the Switchback but allow a Straight shot uphill to Snow Country area.

so what I did, is take the end of the Switchback and add a Tunnel to it, and then 3 tiles for a long mainline extension to pick up 45 feet of height, in a somewhat figure 8 crossover......

Cut off the old Bridge extension to the Switch back......

Now what happens, you come into the switch back yard from the desert side below, drive thru it, into the Tunnel make several loops, end up coming across and on top the Switchback yard below, and then parallel leading back to several more loops gaining more altitude and re connection to main line up in the top of the mountain grade......The pictures will make more sense of this when you see them.......All Grades in this area are 1.5% to 3.5% max........No more Switch Back, you keep your momentum going up the hill to the other 3 Yards, one of them being a major logging operation which is going to increase now that we have dis-parted from the Switch Back operation midway up the Mountain Grades........

So the Ques becomes, are we there yet, well not quite yet......More to do, but once I get the Track grades I want, the rest falls into shape......

Here in this picture is the end of the Switch back operation, but now instead of the 2 Tracks stubbing out, they come together into a switch then enter the Mountain......thru Tunnel.

The building there on the main is a Silver Mine, and we are going to move that to the back Track of and out of the Mainline here.

Over here, this bridge use to go straight across the tracks at 90 degrees off set and connect to the Gravel path on the mountain to our left........That will be removed completely and replanted with Trees etc......The Bridge set at a 45 Degree angle now heads out across the mountain green space and will go into a figure 8 of sorts, and then comes back below from the new tunnel I installed. I didn't like the tight curve going across the switchback anyway, now we have a gentle curve leading into the Bridge.........

At the bottom of the picture is on lower Tracks, is where they head downhill to the desert Cities and Communities Etc..........

The Red line was the old connection to upper end of the Switchback operation...........Now you can see how the Bridge was moved........It took a Country minute to move it too, as you have to carefully get those Bridge Trusses to align else you have a derailment at the Spline Joints in Rail connections.......There are 2 types of bridges connecting here.......And they are quite finicky about how they mate up.........

Here is new Tile with Rails coming out of switch back and re connection to upper Snow Country Main lines.........its about 50-55 foot increase in elevation.........

Over to the Right is where we are working, all the Gray areas are Snow Country.....And you can see I added the tiles for decompressing the extra heavy downgrade %.......Believe it or not, I really didn't want to add the Tiles, but I couldn't find a better way to eat up the severe elevation changes, so I went with it this way.......

Red Stripe was fixing the Grades from last huge Desert City, this was my start point......Yellow was coming from tip of upper part of Route down, and re grading the mainlines to 3.5% or less in trackage......Orange was the 3rd part of Elevation Smoothing operation.....Then between Orange and Red in the Green area was when I got in trouble with too much elevation changes, that constituted using some Tiles off the edges to make up for sudden descent in parts of the Green area......

Black Circle where I just busted out the walls, to get 3.5% or less wherever possible......Only so much room to work in.......

Now in here, you can see the return descent Loops I put in to make this whole mainline work..........Another reason, is I want to pull lots of passenger Trains up into the Snow areas, for Snow Bird folks, and I want it to be relatively fast getting up the mountains............Easier on the Equipment, and safer for the Crews to operated in, Also it really Snows heavy up there too.....All things to consider when you look at the larger picture......

Black Circle is the logging area, which is going thru a major Build out up there.

Yellow Circle is old Switch back operation,,,and the pink was amount of area you had for a passenger or Freight Length to make your switch back restriction work........The other Red and VBlack on the right side are Rail Yards and Passenger Stations up the mountain......

Just another larger view showing the new Tracks I put in on the additional Tiles Added......The Pink Circle is the figure 8 or however I make that return loop to high Trestle Bridge where one end of it will connect for the final connection.........

Once I get all my final Grade adjustments in, and check them one more time, then I'll run some trains from Desert up and Snow Country end back down, to see how we have done.....You'll see more pics then to get a better view of how this is going to work out........

That'll do for today I think.........Thanks for driving by here as you take your Screenshot tours.........
    Last edited by blueodessey; December 1st, 2018 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Add Title and more Annotations

Lightbulb

Good Monday morning all,

Work on Elevation corrections is coming along nicely now, I think I can see some light, I had to add more Tiles on both left and right sides of the single Tile parts of the mid mountain access Routes, the distance was a difference of approx 55 Feet in elevation drop, so I wouldn't have been able to make it.....I also figured the area of Switchback Tracks, was in a Canyon so unless I made a very long tunnel, not conducive with Steam or Oil burning Locomotives.......And/or the passengers with open air Coaches........So this was the best way to handle it......

I did need to realign the Yard tracks over closer to the Northern part of the Route and I moved the Silver mine over to the last Spur track, so the mainlines will not be fowled with loading of Mine Cars out of the Silver Loads..........

Fluidity and minimal bottlenecks is important when you talk to the Crews, once they have momentum coming up the mountain, they hate to lose it, because, as is all to well known, sometimes it is very hard to get that consist moving up a mountain grade.......That in and of itself was another reason to cut my Grades from as high as 10% to 3.5% or lower wherever possible......

You can push the higher Grades with good Train and Horsepower to Axle Count, but you also set for derailments and extra wear and tear on all the equipment.......I like to have some leverage in this area, if I have an area that we just have to have some harder grades, then so be it, but If I can smooth out the Grades overall, it makes for better working conditions. As is said, pick your poison and see how hard it can be. I'll avoid it at all costs......

So shortly, will start running some freight up the track, I still need to change, add, move some signals and maybe some curves........Lets see how comes out on our first runs up the new mainline alignment........

MOW of way, has been working 7 days a week, 12 hour shifts with Bulldozers, dynamite and lots of hard manpower, back breaking work to whip this into shape, now will see if we truly do get some fruits of success out of one very expensive project......And if it works as I theorize it should, we might see an Open Pit Mining operation, more Logging, maybe some gold operations in them there hills? I await the future here........

Over to Maria's Pass, we have been running heavy Logging Trains and regular Freights, along with Commuter Passenger Express, so far so good..........Got lots of Tree planting to do too......And I see that we need some more Power Plants in specific areas of the Route, along with a Water Treatment Plant for our growing Cities along the Route.

We have some Dragons Pass Leased Engines working our Logging Train today, and they have lots of Horsepower, doing great with our 35 Car load of Forestry Products.......

If I recall correctly the go into Kauspell City.......

First picture below is Timber Ridge, high mountain area, heavy Grades, the Red is what the Route Line looked like, the blue is the revamped curves........

Here is a view looking out over one of the high ridge lines headed up......

We draw out to the side and you can see the much lower part of the line. 3.5% is where we are holding the line.....

Over at Marias we have some Dragon's Pass Lease Power pulling our logs thru the city.....

One thing I would like to do, is lighten the Color a bit if I can.....

This what happens when your inside a building looking out, now I know how they save on Poly Count, got to get rid of it somewhere.

Heavy Timber loads lumbers thru the City pulling about 35MPH.

As we come thru one of the Yards here, we encounter great looking passenger passing thru here........

Looks like I forgot to move the Trailers back into the lot, I think I was realigning the Buildings and changing some elevation here.

Passing thru some heavy industrial areas here.........

Haven't work on Marias in the last month or so, but will return to finish some more changes in Texture and farming areas, as well, I need to replant all the Conifers in the high mountain passes etc.......

That'll due for today........Xmas is approaching and there is a lot to accomplish.....

I bid a good week to all.....Enjoy

Lightbulb Timber Ridge Construction continues on.

Good Wednesday all,

Looks like we are in luck here, more needed Rain is coming down thru few days and will take it......

Over at Timber Ridge, hard at work getting the Rails aligned and I found my Colors for environment were off. Could figure out why the Snow and other effects were strange....Duh! Guess whatever I had been doing in the building phase got into between Color Time points and i was in one of strange configurations where my Snow was yellowish Green and who knows what else Colors, and then there is that pesky Fog creeping in.......All good now, I just needed to pay attention to small details......

One of the things I had thought about in some of new areas in upper Snow areas, was, where does all the Snow Melt end up, and one of the thoughts came to mind, there are no small Lakes or Streams up here, and there should be.....So when in Doubt of what to do in a large area, throw in some Ocean, Lake, Stream etc....And that is what I did, I can always remove or Change the water and add other things, AKA, Necessity is the MOTHER OF INVENTION...........

I also created a Water Fall of Sorts from high above the small Lake I made, and its connection from a small Icy River above..........I think it will look and work ok.........

This is a new Tile added for the Track Elevation Changes and it will have a small Lake added among other items

River high up in the mountains here and you can see the new Lake over the waterfall in the top middle of the picture.

This is the waterfall of sorts, here, trying to find the right color texture was, well, it took me a while, mix and match....I wanted a greenish icy glow to it.......

And since we have Icy Wet Waterfall that can really have huge amounts of water during Storms, well, we need a Trestle or similiar bridge here so the Tracks don't get washed out either.....

The Lake was easy to make, it just takes time to make the texture edges here, and still need to add some river Rocks trees and Reeds, Flowers.......I'll do it later on.

This is the Logging area, it looks strange right now since I had to raise the track some 50 feet here when I evened out the Elevation Smoothing phase. So the Floor on either side of the Track will get raised too, and it will look more normal in later photos.

Here I am starting to raise the Floor elevation you saw in the previous picture after making sure I got the Track Curves and elevation the way I wanted them......Think of it as a Foundation to a Building in retrospect, that Foundation has to be the way you envision it, if it is off in anyway, it throws all your other measurements out the window, and you'll drive yourself crazy trying to adjust other things and then coming back to due the Tracks....That is one of the reasons I do my Elevation and Track mainly first to get the scene and the reasoning of what I am trying too accomplish into sync, once that is in, it seems to me, that the rest falls into place much easier.....I also use the Ruler a lot, in tandem with the Grid Lines to get Tracks lined up squarely where they need to be, but remember when you go into curves, the Grid lines are not parallel, and that is when the Ruler really comes in handy to set your Angles elevation, whatever into to play.....At least it does for me, everyone has there own way of doing things.....

Top View of the area I am working on, roughed out, before the Lake is put in.....

Just another view of area as I am throwing down Texture colors here to see how they work.......And I found I had to adjust the depth and width several times to get the jagged look and feel of what I wanted to see in this deep mountain canyon area......

Over view of how the Tracks will cover and where the Water will meet and cross the mainline area, the lake will fit right inside of the curve here........Now take a look in lower middle section of the picture here, you'll see the old lines of where the tracks came down at 6-10% grade and that's why I had to add these tiles in here........

Lightbulb

Good Evening all, we got some good amounts of Rain the last two days, and I am grateful for it.

So on Timber Ridge Line, we take a little trip on the extreme North End of the Route, high, very high in the Cold Icy, Snowy Mountains. I hope you like the pictures, I had a chance to work on more of the Texture and Mountain Scape up there.

So far so good, it was one of those days, I found just the Right Color Texture and overlap of blending Snow Scenes that it looked good to me. On the downside, I found some Grades out of whack, so will need to readjust the grade a bit in some spots. Speed limits where increased in some spots to due to better Curves on the overall route.

This is the very end of the North Track here, it terminates into a Portal about 150 feet to the right side of this curve.

We have a Snow Flurry starting, and were told a Cold Nor'easter is headed our way, no big deal, this business as usual up her.........We have Snow Plows and Blowers down in the Valley if we need them.......For now, we have a full load of Passengers waiting patiently to see the pristine Scenery up here.......

These tracks have all been aligned here, setting at between 1.5% and 3.5% max where the incline heads down fairly hard........

Dispatch has cleared us to head down the mountain..........We have some Boxcars to drop off in town.......

Good Head of Steam as the Snow Flurries continue, it's so peaceful up here..........The smell of Pine and Spruce......And Xmas is counting down.....What more could ask.......

All bridges have been checked for Safety, and Abutments installed to keep the joints in toe.........Looking out ahead, th Clouds are starting to thicken.

Rails are clear, but after the Storm finishes will need to inspect the Rails for Thaw and Freeze spots etc.......

Coming round the bend into Town.

This is one interesting Tender here, where the brakeman or Fireman sits to watch the Coal delivery?

Stop here to set the Switch and now we headed to the Passenger Station around the corner.

Alright, looks like we are getting in just in time,, weather is reported as degrading, white outs everywhere, so will tie up just down a bit till the Weather improves......We have some hotels if needed by our passengers, we don't have any sleeper cars on this run.....

Tollume Pass Station is where will tie up tonight till we get clearance to continue our trip.

I need to add lots of Buildings and other items up here.

That's it for now, tomorrow has our Sunshine returning.........

Night all........

Lightbulb

Good Day all,

Another week has finished and Xmas is not too far out now.......Time flies when your busy working, getting things ready for the best holidays of the year.....And some good family and friends time.

Timber Ridge Line is coming along nicely,

Been adjusting and smoothing lots of Hilltops and Mountain Ranges, along with trying to get some colors to match OK in the Texture side of things. Grades are looking well now after some adjustments here and there.

Below are trip continues down the mountain, Snow Storm has abated for now, and there's lots of fresh Powder with Ice here and there.

As you can see, I need to add some buildings around here.....

On the other side we see our first mixed Freight coming down the new tracks. I see one thing I need to fix here. Shouldn't see a track coming out of the back of the Engine House, have to go back and get fixed up.....

Were stopping here to take on some more water before we continue our Trek down into the valley.

I think we stopped the engine in the wrong spot here, just gave the brakeman a cold shower......I think we are in bit of trouble, the cap further back is where I think the water goes on this Steam Tender. OH well, practice makes perfect.....

We got our poor brakeman some clean dry clothes and got the water drained out.

Now that is done, we on our way........Mighty cold up here now after the Snow........What a view......

This is one of the areas where I had to stretch out the line to compensate for heavy drop in elevation.....I made a mountain here and allowed us to bend the Track in good curve to take up the slack in the down grade.....

Taking the curve now, passengers are enjoying some hot chocolate or fresh Coffee with some pastries from the local township......

Lower down the mountain, we pass by this Snow Shed, it protects our tracks from a known slide condition when we get heavy snows.

Other side of the curve here, it's a gentle curve at 3.5% downgrade and our brakes are doing well.

I really like these old switches, I think they have character........We check all the lines with local Rail Workers to make sure there is no frozen switches on the Route, if there is, then we have hand free them with couple of Workers......With the Freight and Passenger movements up here, we need to keep our lines clear and free of delays as much as possible......Folks enjoy the Rail , and it makes travel easier for them.

That's about it for now........

Enjoy your week ahead and thanks for coming by........
    Last edited by blueodessey; December 11th, 2018 at 11:30 AM.

Lightbulb

Good Tuesday all,

Getting ready to go shopping for some Gifts for family and friends, so I thought I'd jump in and drop a few pics in for your viewing pleasure.

Been re texturing and smoothing out the old Line area, that was cut for the new grade down into the Desert, moved a lot of valleys and Mountains around, had to add some more tiles for areas that looked to chopped up,,when your coming up the grade. I will also be adding some Background panels too. I made it all the way to the Desert Cities, but more needs to be done on hiding the ends of the Tiles where it drops off.....

And one Texture for Desert area, I am not sure I like that well in the transition area between Desert and Green Forestry area, so will see.....

Elevation changes are looking good, I lengthened out crossover switches in some spots.

And I took some portable buildings that were setting off on top of Stub branch track in Tollume and put them to the side of the track. I guess the reason they where there, was an Engine was used to pull them off a Flat car or something, I'm not sure, but they kind of looked like a narrow engine house with track going thru them. So I moved them off the way. And they look better now, I will show them in another round of pictures.

Now look at these pics of our Consist make it's way down the mountain from upper Tollume area.

She be coming round the mountain! And here she is with a full head of Steam, beautiful cold, crisp winter day........Tracks are in good shape and all is well so far......

One thing I was thinking about, most of these trees are the same grouping in here, I need to add some more variety, here and there, just sprinkle them in.......

A view from the cab here, our engineer has it under experienced and steady hand........Like how this recreated, looks really nice......

Crossing one of the ice roads here, and that is something I need to fix, since I changed lots of the elevation here, this road is all choppy and block y now, so I'll need to add some Splines and smooth it out...........Need to find some Horses and Snow Sleighs too.......I think I have some in inventory........I need to add some of Cuks people too.

Coming into town, and doing some shunting........Got a few Snow Flurries.......Nothing like fresh dusting of Snow.......I
    got the edges fairly well built up here so you don't see a drop off into nowhere, but further down, I have a few problem areas from my meddling with elevation changes and adding some new Tiles.....So that is a work in progress for now......

We have left the town with more Passengers in tow now........... You can see I need to get some more Trees planted here and other areas like it.......Of which there is plenty to fill in.....

Here is a broader view of the area I'm talking about, and I need to add some different Snow and some Rock Textures like German Snow stuff.

Coming across a large Valley area here, doing I think about 35 Mph, still adjusting some of my speed zones for the new track alignment.

And a view out the right side of the Cab, like the color of Green that was used here.........

Coming thru some small Township here and will drop off some Boxcars, I think I mentioned, but at all end points on this Route there are Portals, and I want to make them so I can jump to the other Portals as connection points, I had it on my other routes and it is a nice feature to use as a return point, depending in what your trying to accomplish, for now, my trains disappear, eaten up by the Portal, and that's OK for now, while I'm in construction.......

Nice sorting and storage yard for Cars and Passenger Consists........Have some engine houses too...

That'll do for today.......Thanks for dropping in Folks, see you in a few days......

Off the Stores with Mr's Blue.............
    Last edited by blueodessey; December 11th, 2018 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Add more notation

Lightbulb Prayers for jordon412, Trainz Member/ Marias Pass

Good Morning all,

The week has gone by quickly, doing some Charity work, shopping for those special gifts, and putting up the final Xmas Decorations.

And here we are to Thursday........

While I'm thinking about it, please keep one of our fellow Trainz Members in your thoughts and prayers, he has serious situation and is recovering from his recent injuries associated with his latest epileptic Seizure.........Here is the link.......When you read about this, think about what if this was you and how you would handle this serious situation in life........

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...fice-Yesterday

Now on Trainz, Work continues on Timber Ridge Line, I redid Logging area located up high in Snow Country, after doing some Shunting with the Log Cars, I decided I needed some more Team Cars, and probably a Small Turntable for the Engines with a Engine house, as well, I did add a "Y" too, so will see where it all ends up.

Worked on the invisible Speed Limits, adding Speed to some, reducing limits on tighter Curves in other spots of Snow Country.....Once we ran the Trains, it made things more apparent where adjustments needed to be changed.

Today's pictures are from Marias Pass which sits idle for a while longer as I work on Timber project......

Below we are Shunting the back alley tracks to Processing Plant where I added this service to a new customer........Tracks were never here and the Customer needed porch front service....This will work great for the RR as we have a small yard just on the other side to hold Boxcar Shipments etc to his Factory.......

Dragons Pass Power is bringing in heavy loads of Logging to the Pulp and Lumber Mill ops here......

A heavy duty tractor lifts the Logs off the cars as we slowly pull forward.

Over head view of the operation here.......I added tracks for more capacity, since we come a long ways to bring in the logs from local forest areas.......

Finished Stacks of Logs pealed and ready to go out to other Furniture Etc Factories in the North.......We have 30 cars or so in this load today.......Will drop off the Logs and head back to get more today, we usually get 2 trips a day per Crew.......

Remember the first picture today, this is nearby yard here and those tracks connect into the bottom of the yard. As you can see, we have lots action here as Passenger and Freight intertwine their movements.

We have just the right number of tracks to handle traffic and a very good signaling system to boot, we are fluid and flexible, and that means a lot to the customers we serve daily......

We use 3 headed Signals, wherever and whenever possible to give us added flexibility of movement in complicated Track puzzles while maintaining safety distance and control of Train movements. The bonus is I get interesting aspects including Lunar lights.......

Lots of Boxcars used in this area with all the factories we have to service......Empty Log Spline Cars headed to Wood lot facility around the corner..

BNSF local came in with a junk consist, and now the sorting and Shunting begins.........Lots to do and our crews are happy to have the hours of work.........

I'm trying to remember what I did here, I think I was putting in secondary Mainline line into this spot for a runaround for a nearby set of Rail Yards........Seems to me I used a Tunnel to go thru some nearby Mountains, this saved a lot of connecting Switch Puzzles where the Crews coming and going off to Branch Line destinations could bypass the local yards.

This gives us the benefit of faster Transports to the Northern part of the Routes where we are typically headed.

That'll do for today, I have quite a "Honey Do" list to get completed.......Never a dull moment this time of year.

Wish you all great day, and Drive with Car out there.......We want to come home safely during this holiday period......

Lightbulb Passenger pkup and some Snow Storm

Good evening Folks,

Busy weekend coming up for me, so I am dropping in for min and get those new Pics posted for your viewing pleasure.

Were coming into Town, to drop off some cars, pick up some more Passengers, seen here, waiting patiently for a nice Train ride into a much warmer area.

Coming into another yard to pick up some more cars, and will layover here till the Storm passes thru the mountain.

These cars are going to shunted into the yard, it snowing pretty right now......I like the Buzzard Paint Logo here......

Passengers are disembarking the Coach and new ones are coming onboard as we get our new Train orders from local dispatcher......

Storm has cleared, and we head down thru the mountain passes with reduced speed limits in this area, since the Tracks have more curves in them here.

Beautiful crisp day as we head on to the next town........

Pulling in here, will do some switching and shunting of Boxcars and Passenger Coaches too..

These cars got some maintenance down in town, now they are pressed back into to service as we have plenty of passengers to pick up, the local holidays are over, and they are ready to head back down to the flat lands after getting some local Skiing practice.......And believe me, there is plenty of Snow up here.

Pushing the Boxcars off to the spur here.........We have another small loco that will come out and spot them where they need to go, we have Passengers waiting, so there is not much time left to get things done and get our consists put back together.

Got the last 2 cars pulled out the Consists and dropped here, now we grab our new coaches and get the move on, Passengers have places to go, people to meet and all the other things you do as travel........

Been busy with the Logging area up the line, adding more Team Tracks, a WYE, Engine houses to store our Locomotives when they stay over.

Added some houses and other ancillary items for the logging area.

While I was doing that, I figured out, I need Telephone Poles, Semaphore Signals for the whole Route. All in good time.......I still need to learn now to drive on dual Gauge Track and get a working idea of where the cutoff points are for changing Track Gauges. This Route will be a great Primer for me, in the fact I learn about the different Gauges Work and how they work together in Dual Gauge setup. I downloaded some Wikipedia stuff on how the Gauges where used in this fashion.

That's it for now.........Enjoy the weekend folks and thanks for dropping by......

9. Lightbulb

A good Monday Morning all,

Been fooling around with these variations of the Niddertalbahn German Routes, by various Authors, it is fantastic Route to play with, and I would encourage those who are new to Trainz, if you don't have it, get a version, there are different Sizes to play, one size may not fit all, depending on your Graphics Card, mine included, it is weak intregrated setup, I do get some Frame Stutter on this Route.......There are lots of Splines in this Route......But beyond that, it great looking, lots of things to do, and a perfect size Route I thing for most all computers out there?

Terrain, Track Puzzles are well laid out, and fascinating to me.......It's is a keeper, if you have disk space concerns, then do a CM search on the Route Name, and look at the physical size of this Route, about 7 to 23 Megabytes in size do to the Versioning and Author who made or changed the route etc.

I had no problems installing it to my computer, I think one asset was Faulty for a Switcher and I just deleted it, bec mesh issues etc, which is above my Pay grade......I had plenty of other UK assets that'll work fine with this Route........

<kuid:881982:100009> Niddertalbahn mit Erweiterung LeSchizooo 2
    <kuid2:661281:200001:3> Niddertalbahn
    <kuid:414456:100075> Niddertalbahn mit Erweiterung V4
    <kuid:238039:100096> Niddertalbahn-and_cameras-simpleTreesv1

Over to Timber Ridge Route, I am now working on the cut off sections in the route (end of Tile Structure, right or left, on single Tile bands) when I take a picture such as the left side of this pic, I need to add a Tile and smooth the mountain down into the new Tile and it will look much better..........Now this is not an end all be all thing, some folks don't care if this looks this way, or if you have single setup or Strips of Single tiles

With that in mind, You might want to decide where the Tracks are going to lay in reference to the open edges, will there be Trees, or Background Panels added so you don't see drop off edges on your Route, various ways to make it look better........These are just suggestions to think about.

Pretty much all the Elevation changes are complete now........So I am working on the cosmetic side of it.......

Coming across the great Divide here, a magnificent Trestle Bridge, and there are more of these on this Route. I believe this is the late great Ben Dorsey's creation, and he made ton's of Assets for fellow Trainzer.......A gentle giant of a man for sure.....RIP.......

Overhead view of the Logging and Switching Yards here. Logging area is real basic here and quite unfinished, so I will find out what I need to add to this scene.......Besides lots of Piles of Tree Logs and some loading equipment.

Tail end of the Train, and there's a nice Caboose attached, which makes me a happy Camper here......

A closer view of the Log Jig here, it is amazing when you think of the ingenuity these Settlers had in such a Rugged Climate, They brought there few Tools, made the houses locally with Wood from the Forests, and they did lots of work by hand, Life was rugged, hard, and they didn't live as long as we do today, the Cold part of the year would bring Flu, Colds and lots of other things like pneumonia from which a fair number would succumb and pass on......We are so lucky today, with our medicines and other technology to help us in a time of Crisis.....

I've been working on the Mountains alot, to get them to look more natural where I can, and add some end Tiles when the overlap cuts off to abruptly, when that happens, I add the Tile, then run the back side or shoulder side of the mountain continued down in elevation, so when a picture is taken of the trainz running etc, you don't see that chopped off look...Elevation has a lot to do, I learning that more and more, as I take photos.....

This is a perfect example of what I am talking about here, when I say a Chopped Off look......

These are the new coaches from Service Shops that are being pressed into service as our ridership grows up here....
    Another view of one of many large Valleys here, I will probably develop it more over time with some homes and industry, and more different types of Trees used sparingly here and there.

A long view of one of yards and the large Alp like mountain is one of them, I tried to fill it out to make a look more appealing, I had a front drop at the top of it, that just didn't look to good from this side when taking this particular angle shot.

Looks like it's bedtime and time to go to Bed before the Sun comes up.