Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Good Evening Folks,

Just finished packing for our trip to Arizona, leaving early in the morning, thought I show you the Bridge construction I was doing tonight. Our Railroad is always busy doing something.....This is the new mainline I've been redoing and relocating further North of the Beach line on Waldavale. It's late at night and we are getting the heavy duty cranes to lift this Steel Structure in place. Weather is clear and it is a cool night, perfect for our heavy lift project, if all goes well, tomorrow morning will have a new Bridge over the Water Canal.

The mainline has been brought to where the Bridge is positioned we have our Test/work train ready to go across the Bridge once it is bolted in place. Below you see the night lights burning brightly as crews prepare for the big lift.

A nice star lit night as Crews drink Coffee to stay warm and I am there to make sure it all goes smoothly....We have a lot more Track to lay on the other side of the canal once this is finished.

I took a hike up the mountain here to catch this night picture, if they needed me, I had my Cell and Walkie Talkie.

Wow, it was only a few hours ago, as we watched the Bridge lifted and placed on it's new moorings. It Dawn and time to get some sleep after being on duty for 12 hours. Another crew comes on at 6:00AM and MOW will start laying new Tracks today linking up this new bridge, signals division is scheduled as well to drop equipment out here too. Probably a few weeks before we are completely operational from here to Outback Aussie Route.

I was able to get a Helicopter ride from a friend to look over our new bridge. I failed to mention, we also drilled a new tunnel below in the back area, you can see it from here. And it is a 2 track tunnel so we have one line hooked in now, will bring the other one after we get primary mainline in and opened.

Wishing you all a great week ahead.

Thanks for visiting here.

Main Line Realignment continues (adding Tunnels and bridges) adjust Mountains

Good morning from Sunny Arizona today, was a good trip we are in small community south of Tucson, for a few days.

So I was busy last night dropping in some more Rail, Tunnels and Bridges, releveling several areas where the Water needed adjustment from the Height adjustment the other day, there is a lot to finish in the Coast side. But it's coming along nicely.

Bottom picture where yellow is the new mainline pushed up closer to the Mountain range I made, it's work out great, just level the Track and Mountain slopes takes a bit of time...I need to go back thru it again and check my Grad %'s to make sure it doesn't exceed over 4% thresholds, I like 1-3% where possible with shorter runs of 4% if needed.

Our Blue Planet poses for a moment against a backdrop of Snow Capped Mountains (Just added the snow last night, I need to do the ones on the left a little bit. That Bridge below is brand new......I had to cut the water back and just make it Stream flowing off the mountain in the back, along the rocky ledge, I haven't added much of anything in Trees or shrubs yet, I want to get this Mainline in and running with good Grades, then I'll come back thru who area and fill with Trees and Shrubbery, that'll take some more time......Just put in the trees on left to see how it looked......

This Picture shows fresh new mainline trackage here, and I need to build out a little on the Ledge, re slope some parts of the Mountain in spots.......

MOW Track Department is out working on the new Tracks here, we have several miles to do as new mainline is laid.

These are left over Crates from the Bridge Construction the other night, and inventory for the Rail Project........Getting ready to move them to the new section of Track on the other side of Tunnel.

Got to go meet with the Relatives in a bit, so I'm off and running, today will pass by quickly.

Today is a big Day for our Country, please get your Vote out there.......

Thanks for dropping by....And if you have Questions or Comments, please, I would appreciate it.......

Last edited:
Mountain Mainline connected too next Merge Route

Well I've been hard at work drawing out this mainline North West to the next Merge Route.

Below is Tunnel #3 connected now, with MOW tamping the Tracks and checking the levels as we do mile after mile of Track.

This is coming out of a deep canyon and headed North,,,,,,,Grade is 1.5% to 2.60% on the average, which is great for me......I have a lot of Land leveling to do as you see in the Red Arrows, and more mountain ranges to build on the edges.

This is area is coming thru a high pass in the Mountains.

Quick swing to the right, I need to adjust my hills out to meet the new mainline.

Yup! I built right over the River, I'll need to put in a Bridge here,,,don't want to back up the water too long.

And the goes for the road I just crossed here, another bridge to be added, you can see this mainline goes a long way before the it hits the next set of Mountains way in the back.

Those mountains way in the back here, is where we connect to the next route....I t took a long time to connected to it.....

So a few bridges to do first, and then I started fixing the Land levels for the line.

That all for this evening.

Have a good evening, and will see what tomorrow brings.........

New Mountains arize out of North

Good day all, Well as I watched the Election into the wee hours of the morning, I was building Mountains in new section, I added 3 more base boards as need room to push this mainline further away from the beach side Mainline. So far so good, lots of Track and Bridges put in. And the Grades came out awesome, .75% to 2.80% it works.......

Here is another view from far away we see a Tractor on the right and Snow Capped mountains I made last night, Blue Planet is coming thru on the new Tracks.......

Looking to the left you can see where the Mountains stop, I have to extend them on, so we will not see the open spaces behind on the part of my Route.

I like this train, they did a nice Paint job with it.

A small Pound still has some water in it from the last rains. I need to find out where the Animals are hanging out.

Well we just have all kinds of superstars passing thru the new Track,,,,Aerostar is alive and kicking.....

I used the displacement maps in T:ANE to start the mold of Mountain, and then I worked on shaping them to what I think will work, I have a waterfall of sorts in the middle of this Range, and it feeds this River below you see below, I think it will work ok.....

Thank you Southern for dropping by, and the kind comments.

Steam running thru Mountains

Good day all,

Well I built a whole bunch more Mountain Ranges, and lots of Land Leveling etc, so I put out this Steamer to check the rails and Grades. and wouldn't you know, a little cold Rain came our way today.

Came thru a clearing of Fall Colors. See the Obelisk in the left side?

Can't very far today as our Storm is passing thru, everything will be green tomorrow.

We continue North West, we headed to high desert area.

I see a little clearing of sky's way out there. Got a good head of smoke coming out.

Our Engineer is keeping the Ride smooth and on time.....Grade here is about 1.5% perfect for our Steamer!

More pictures to post real quick. Next message.

Last edited:
More Steam on new mainlines today.

Appears you double posted blue. :p Looking good though!

Shoot me in The foot, Dog Gone it I didn't realize, Thanks, I'll put on Tonight's Post in there. . . . .

11:00PM and here is some more pictures.

We are headed higher in this section on Cold and Rainy Day, so far so good, need to add Signals for 40 miles of Line. I think we have 3-4 Tunnels, and I'll go back and add Passing sidings near the Tunnels because I selected 2 Track ones, for my single Track Main. I added some Rock Features in the Mountains above. for contrast.

I had to realign this Bridge, I somehow had it and the mainline above Ground level!

It's amazing that with the Rain, you don't hardly see the mountains, it's very realistic with Rainy or Snowy Weather.

I'm trying to add the right kind of plants next to water fall, I need to experiment with different Schrubs until I get the look I'm looking for.

Another view of high mountain running Spring as it comes from the /Snow Melts high above here.

Well we left the lush green area and our entering high desert area now, you can see the land colors have change to pale tan and hard Basaltic Rock of nearby hills. Mountain Mine on the right as we stop for a Red Signal, probably some Coal or Ore Drags headed this way.

No derailments, and Track are spot on for what I was looking for.

Night all......

Last edited:
Steamiing thru the Mountains, Next Stop Highland Valley

Evening all,

Been busy doing home and equipment repairs over in AZ,, so much to do and so little time.

So decided to do some more Steaming through the mountains. Here is a nice shot as we shoot across back 100......

We are headed to ?Highland Valley, Logging and Coal Mines and Passenger stop at the top of the Mountain.

As we climb ever higher on 2.50% Grade we see the valley below and beautiful Lake in far shot away from here. :)

My Engineer and Fireman our doing a splendid Job, keeping our Pressure just right to get us up the Mountain Safely.

;) A picture from below, as we see our Train headed up under full Steam. As pass a Logging Camp in the back there.

:wave: Wow what a view as round the curve here at 30 MPH you can see forever under slightly cloudy skies for now, maybe more rain or Snow? Thanks for dropping by.

Headed to the Top of Mountain

Good Friday Day all,

We are headed up still enjoying the panoramic views of City amd distant mountains beyond this vista of views.

You can see a Steel Mill way out there and rest of the city below as our train lumbers up the Hill full speed ahead.

Coming thru the Gorge, as we see 3 Stacks from the power plant below. Beautiful lake and distant mountains beyond on this cloudy.

We pass by a busy Logging yard here, another Train will come to pick up the logs and deliver to the City for Wood Products.

A view from the top as we see our train steadily coming up the hill.

In the bottom picture more logging camps and a Mine.

That's it for today.....

I'm on the road tomorrow back home, so I probably won't post till Sunday....

Have a great weekend and thanks for visiting.

Mountain Ride by Tunnel, or what turn did we miss?

Good evening, it's Sat and I just got home after a lengthy ride home from Arizona today, natural I needed some quality time on my New Route, so we have been taking a Steam Ride thru the new Main Lines and now headed up Highland Mtn's area, and guess what, the Crew wasn't completely familiar with this particular area.

So we were headed up to top for a station stop. We did miss a turn going up, and now we forced to take an alternate Route to top of mountain, a long tunnel used for Freight when the area is busy with passenger trains coming up.

Below we take a spur Line via long tunnel. And it's late in the evening, so we need to get our passengers to their destination.

Big puff of Steam as go into the Tunnel.

And Puff we are at the top of the Mountain headed to a Passenger Station.

Slowly we steam to Station then will head out in the morning after a required overnight Rest Bit.

We head right on Team Track and do a turnabout with our Steam Engine at the local turntable, then after reversing, head down other Track and re couple to back of Cars.

Below in this picture you can see the small town below at night.

That's all for now,

Thanks for dropping in.

PS our passengers didn't know we missed a turn, and unless asked we aren't volunteering it either, but since they had a very enjoyable ride, great panoramic views, I think everything works out the best for this unfortunate but honest mistake.

Last edited:
Hope you get to the station on time. If you do, they will be none the wiser. Miss the time, someone's going to have to break the silence when passengers start checking their watches...

I also noticed the change up in signals. I am guessing this is something to do with 1 route using this, and the merged route using that. Or did I do what this train did and go the wrong way. (Should of made that left at Alberquerque.)

I am not a big fan of route merging, but, after seeing all these wonderful pics and scenes I gotta say WOW you are doing an excellent job Blueoddessy. It all looks pretty good too.

Hope you get to the station on time. If you do, they will be none the wiser. Miss the time, someone's going to have to break the silence when passengers start checking their watches...

I also noticed the change up in signals. I am guessing this is something to do with 1 route using this, and the merged route using that. Or did I do what this train did and go the wrong way. (Should of made that left at Albuquerque.)

Evening Sir and thanks for dropping in to visit!

And we sure did make it to the Station, a little late,:hehe: but you know Long Island Ice Tea, Beer and other goodies served on the Train, mixed with awesome panoramic views and the passengers where in the Troposphere....It all worked out fine, but if we were asked, we'd just say an alternate route was chosen.

:eek: In all truthfulness I'm still learning all the routes, and some I haven't run on at all, but I chose them because of certain characteristics I was looking for, each route has what I need to make a great experience, that's what makes this Grand Merge so cool, of course it will take lots of work and Tweaks here and there to smooth out the Merge Points.

:eek: And after all is said and done, I might have to trim some of Routes completely off or divide the size into 2 separate routes with Portal Connections, I only say this because my Laptop may not be able to handle all these 10X put together when I add all the Trains and other things.

Just trying to think ahead if when the possibility manifest's itself.

As for the Signals, indeed I do have Merge 10x with all kinds of Signal types coming with the group routes, :confused: so in do time I need to go back and decide what type I want to use, and maybe keep it to two....I like Darth Vader's, but haven't learned how to assemble them yet, Safetran is also another Type I like, but I suppose more than anything I need to figure out which would do the best overall as first choice?

Lots to think about for sure, but I'm have a the blast of a lifetime, keeps the ole brain stimulated.

I am not a big fan of route merging, but, after seeing all these wonderful pics and scenes I gotta say WOW you are doing an excellent job Blueoddessy. It all looks pretty good too.

Much appreciated and please keep visiting,

I'll do my best keep you all occupied with my endeavors as I progress thru the Transitions.

Merging is not for the faint of heart, it has it's issues, but it has the great reward of experimenting with other Authors creations, which really helps me to figure new ways and ideas for Route building.

...As for the Signals, indeed I do have Merge 10x with all kinds of Signal types coming with the group routes, :confused: so in do time I need to go back and decide what type I want to use, and maybe keep it to two....I like Darth Vader's, but haven't learned how to assemble them yet, Safetran is also another Type I like, but I suppose more than anything I need to figure out which would do the best overall as first choice?
Safetran are indeed nice. May I recomend the Jointedrail G style tri lights (freeware) Basically the same operational parameters as the safetrans and searchlights with an interesting look.

The vaders are not actually too difficult to use. Keep them in automatic/basic and they seen to be self sustaining. Use Interlocking/basic and they become great for turnout/JCN protection.

I my self am trying to figure out the advance side of these assets. If I remember, the description is in RRsignal's thread about all his signals he has put out. http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?123383-RRS-SuperSignals

Safetran are indeed nice. May I recomend the Jointedrail G style tri lights (freeware) Basically the same operational parameters as the safetrans and searchlights with an interesting look.

The vaders are not actually too difficult to use. Keep them in automatic/basic and they seen to be self sustaining. Use Interlocking/basic and they become great for turnout/JCN protection.

I my self am trying to figure out the advance side of these assets. If I remember, the description is in RRsignal's thread about all his signals he has put out. http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?123383-RRS-SuperSignals

Thank you Sir, just quick question for you, Tri lights on Jointed Rail site?

Good info and I'll look into it, I'm not well versed on what is best, it's my Achilles Heal at the moment, and I appreciate the input you gave today.

Last edited:
Rearanging the Log Camp and other Items, Alternate Spur added for access to Mtn

Good Monday Evening All,

So lots of things going on here, Overview Map below shows the Mountains we have been Traveling in, AKA Highland Mountains and Highland City where Red arrow is in lower part of Picture, the issue here, self imposed of course by my crazy Merging Habit, It was hard to get up or down the Mountain with one Rail in, due to the Fact you would need to do some reverse moves dependant on what you liked going up. Now that's not necessary anymore, and I have have added the Bypass Route out of Logging Camp over the Lake via a small Island in the Middle and it circles around to the Left and into the Rail Yards below near the Steel Mill. Now we have 3 connections to get into and out of this Mountain, we have to remember we are dealing with Logging and Ore Trains up here, bulk of the Rail Roads revenue generation, and Passenger Trains nice as they are, aren't going to give us 100% of Revenue, it just doesn't compute out when you run the numbers it takes all the different commodities to make that bottom line profit on real P&L statement, plus we have shareholder interest here.

Chartruse arrows are the 2 lines coming into this area,,the Yellow one is the new Main that leads out over the Lake and then connects up to the Yard just to the Right of lower Chartruse arrow.

Yellow Arrow is Passenger Drop off Station, Red/White filled Arrow was the point I wanted to run the line out over the Valley to drop down to Valley Floor, novel Idea by your's truly, aesthetically pleasing oh heck no! So scratch my dim witted idea and the other looked more workable and believable too. Sometimes It just takes me a while longer to get where I wanna go...LOL

I also needed to Add a Tunnel for the lower level Tracks to clear an area up high for the new Main and Bridge you see coming out over the Water, took me a while to figure things out, and I had to reorient the Logging Camp as well, here is what is Original Camp looked like, it doesn't look that way now as I 180-ed it 1/2 circle turn to make some clearance, I also took down part of this front hill.

These are the way the Tracks looked before I made a major change in their alignment. Yellow arrow is upper tracks coming in from back of Mountain.

I still need to level up the Ground over the new Tunnel here.
9789255bfc845740cd898df110acbf5f.jpg

This is a View of the Bridge work from the other side of the Lake,, it's going to work out Great, for all Train Traffic, and eliminate a lot down time and bottlenecks in the Mountain. With increased Traffic Flow, we make more money, and cooler heads prevail when Business Grows.

Last edited:
Back