Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Hills and map shots for Timber Ridge Line

A good Friday to all,

Xmas is almost upon us,,I hope all is well with you folks and Santa brings what you really like for Xmas. And it looks like we might have Rain coming on Xmas day here in So Cal, of course with the Drought, I'm not holding my breath, but if we get some, that would be a wonderful Natural Xmas Present for sure. Our hills have some nice green on them for a change.

Now lets see? What I have I been up too, well I went and got a hold of some more European and New Zealand Rolling Stock, the only problem is, some of the Versions are very low, in the 2.0, 2.5, and you know T:ANE and it's error checking, I have lots of Mesh issues, so since I'm not a asset Modeler, all I can do is delete the Asset and move on......I don't think PEV's tools fix Shadow Mesh, Reskin does not match parent, or some of the other weird messages the T:ANE pops off with........The good thing is, I am able to fix a lot of the Minor TAG missing or Errors, and I find the word "null" is not liked at all, it either needs 0 value or in some cases the whole Tag has to be removed......

One of the things I need to due is make up a Cheat Sheet for the all the errors I come across......

With that said, I got quite a bit of nice Rolling Stock now, and this coming year, I need to weed out some of the old stuff I had since I started with Trainz, my count for now is 484,000 Assets and Routes..As for the Routes I need to go thru them and weed them out too.

I keep a Excel Spreadsheet of all the Routes I download with comments etc, it helps me to weed out the ones I don't care for or don't have what I'm looking for..

It's a little work, but really pays off later.

Over at Timber Ridge Line I have been working on this Logging area, re-leveling, and adding more Tracks, and Engine Houses, it doesn't show here as this is a bit older picture.

This is how the Tile additions came out, after adjusting all the elevation issues.

Closer view of the area. One thing, I don't recall if I mentioned or not, I had a large area where I ran a new circle of Track to eat up the elevation Drop. A little off center, you can see the large body of Water I made here, haven't figured out what I'm going to due with it for now, I might be some Port Work or it could just be Sail Boats. Or possibly a logging chute area? The future will tell later when I revisit it.

Over here at the bottom of the Grade, I took most of the flat Desert here on the right side, and made small hills.

Took what was a straight as an arrow tracks, and made some good running curves, which again done too knock out more of those steep elevation issues., and it worked out beautifully for me. Plus I think it adds a more interesting view in this single Tile area too.......Over on the left upper side, I'll need to add a tile to smooth down the cut off look of those high mountains there. Maybe 2 tiles for good measure.

Over on the right side, I tilted the ends of Tiles up into small hills and now it looks great in this side of the Tracks. Were using a couple of Shays to work over the logging operation to see how the Track layout works. But I added a lot more Team Tracks and other things after this picture.........The Stub track on left end of the Logging loader didn't quite allow me the flexibility I needed to move skeleton Cars around. So I changed it up.......

And over here, I decided to dig out some dirt and make a nice drainage area for Snow Melt, and I will probably make some more puddle type lakes.

I little different view on this end the tracks going straight to Right go about 2 miles or so, and terminate the end of this Route into a Portal.

I'm thinking I will merge another NG Route on this end to continue the Rail Run, this is future talk, as I have several other Routes I should work on to finish......Sound familier, I think I have about 8-10 Routes in various stages of change up.

Closer up the Ridge Route here I changed the Bridge direction, and sloped the mainline to the left, dropped another bridge in with a Rocky wash area. This area like a lot of other spots is not finished.

From the Top of the Ridge Route looking down into the Desert Community way out in the horizon. I am pleased with the new direction of Mainlines. And the Grade is just over 2.0%.

This is the upper end of the Route, far ahead to right, is Snow protected Shed, that is an actual Wye up here. When the Snow's get heavy, there a small avalanches to contend with, so we built these snow Sheds to protect our track movements when bad weather sets in.

IF you have a Question about anything in the pictures etc, you're always welcome to ask..........I'm more than happy to share my thoughts on how and why I make the changes etc.
I suppose the word that comes to mind, Kit Bashing has something to do with how I make my changes, or "Necessity is the mother of invention" and I do have necessities......

That'll do for today.........Thanks for coming by.

Misc thoughts & cornacopia Etc

A Blessed Sunday to all, as Xmas is just around the corner, hoping for some Rain too?

Let me think here, what have I been up too, lots of last minute Honey Do lists to complete before Xmas Eve. I think I'll just make it under the wire with all these Repairs cropping up. Doing the house repairs is easy, but finding old parts, like old Trainz Assets, well, need I say more, you all have been there a time or too!!!

Found some more Cactus Assets from Vulcan, dmdrake, normhart, 9000dollar,jost62, teddyberlin, alcaron, with the new Assets from these members, I have more Cactus to add to Timber Ridge Line.........I think it needs some more Cactus apparel in the Desert areas.

A Cactus Flats RR Route by bud_seize

And the find of the week, I read a thread that discussed the need of some Good Curve Templates, an one of the members suggested this list of Curve Radius Templates........This is a great tool for checking, for prototypical Tolerance limits when setting up proper Curve Degrees, etc..........And there are other Template Authors out there too. I only had 3-4 I think now I have what I think is fairly close to a complete set here.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...lecting-minimum-curve-radius-and-enforcing-it

<kuid2:142427:30011:1> Curve Radius 1500m 30 degree
<kuid2:142427:30003:3> Curve Radius 2500m 15 degree
<kuid2:142427:30007:3> Curve Radius 6000m 5 degree
<kuid2:142427:30006:3> Curve Radius 5000m 10 degree
<kuid2:142427:30005:3> Curve Radius 4000m 15 degree
<kuid2:142427:30004:3> Curve Radius 3000m 15 degree
<kuid2:142427:30010:1> Curve Radius 1250m 30 degree
<kuid2:142427:30002:3> Curve Radius 2000m 15 degree
<kuid2:142427:30009:1> Curve Radius 1000m 60 degree
<kuid2:142427:30008:1> Curve Radius 750m 90 degree
<kuid2:142427:30017:1> Curve Radius 500m 90 degree
<kuid2:142427:30018:1> Curve Radius 600m 90 degree
<kuid2:142427:30015:1> Curve Radius 300m 90 degree
<kuid2:142427:30001:2> Curve Radius 750-1500m 30 degree
<kuid2:142427:30014:1> Curve Radius 250m 90 degree
<kuid2:142427:30016:1> Curve Radius 400m 90 degree
<kuid2:142427:30000:2> Curve Radius 100-600m 90 degree
<kuid2:142427:30013:1> Curve Radius 200m 90 degree
<kuid2:142427:30012:1> Curve Radius 100m 90 degree

I have been looking at the different Niddertalbahn Routes and too my surprise I didn't know this many variations were available.

One specifically is the Simple Tree Route version which helps folks like me with integrated Video Cards, versus better laptops with Dedicated Video such as NVidia or AMD, where that style wipes out most frame Stutter issues. My intention is the find the one out of this list, that I like and runs the best on my Laptop, probably Simple Trees will be the one? And let the other go........

<kuid2:661281:200001:3> Niddertalbahn
<kuid:455032:107444> Niddertalbahn 001
<kuid:455032:107435> Niddertalbahn-and_cameras-simpleTreesv2
<kuid:414456:100075> Niddertalbahn mit Erweiterung V4
<kuid:455032:107440> Niddertalbahn-and_cameras-simpleTreesv2
<kuid:238039:100096> Niddertalbahn-and_cameras-simpleTreesv1
<kuid:455032:107437> Niddertalbahn-and_cameras-simpleTreesv2

Grabbed several interiors, bogies, and other Train Component items for spare parts, because with T:ANE and other Asset issues, I keep finding missing and/or faulty items, and instead of having to goto download station, more often than not, I can mate a part(s) up and it will work OK.

Another little trick that has worked for me, I look to see if I have a similar Asset, and see what they are using for Interior, or Bogies etc, and just copy that Kuid number, however, sometimes the Bogies might need to be a particular height and Style, and I can't get the right ones, so I just delete the Asset and move on......

Got some more USRA Loco upgrades by msgsapper, and some nice looking Road Signs too. And topping it off was some Philskene (narrow gauge items), and diecastgalore items. With quite a bit of Locomotives, both Diesel and Steam, this next year, I need to whittle away at the older Versions and only keep the better and error free ones as I get ready in the future to migrate over to TRS19, which I would feel about 2020 is the time I'll make the switch and it should be mature with most of the Bugs worked out it.

I'd say it has been a Banner Week all the way around.

With that said, my plans are to see what UK and other items on Sale this or next week, that I can pick up......

Now for tonight's pictures, these are the last of Timber Ridge Line for now, I want to go play with Niddertalbahn Routes, they are great looking, well laid out, lots of thinks to do, you won't be bored. And if you like nicely laid out Textures trees, and great looking Track Puzzles, Etc, then I recommend you download one of the versions and try it out.

I wanted to give you some Niddertalbahn pics, but today was just too hectic, as you can tell, I usually try to post in early hours of the day, however it is 10 PM now, so I need to hit the Sack, tomorrow we have lots of Out of Town Family and Friends coming to celebrate Xmas Eve.

With that pair of Double headed Steam working hard at the logging area, loading, shunting et

This map shows where there is Red Lines, that was the Route going up, heavy 8-11% grades, now the loops keep it at 2.00% to 3.5%.......

Long view at this end, shows three loading platforms for the Logging Co........Recall, I have made lots changes to these tracks.......

Better view of the Logging yard here, there is much more Structure to add in this area......It will look much better.......

Special thanks to Normhart for his Joist on a depressed flatcar........It looks great, and in this part of the Route, will use it lot for lifting and placing heavy items for ROW maintenance and new construction etc.

This Logger/Conductor is all about business, and he is checking the area to see how the Ice and Snow pack is doing around here. Like my Red Caboose, hope so, I do too.......Looks right up here.........

Ever hear of a house on Rail Car, well in this pic, these are portable small 1 room jobs for the crews that do ROW work, and repairs on the Route, we can drop them in a yard, on a stub spur, or wherever is needed for the hard working men of RR, they keep the Rails in good shape, so we can run the Trains, make delivery's and hopefully some money for the investors.

And I got some btvfd repaints, or reskins today, I didn't release I collected some other Author,s too.......One thing I see, some Smoke a lot, others don't appear to smoke at Idle......

Here is Btvfd's new repaints etc, I believe numbers 9950,9951,9952.....

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?92286-Repaints-by-BTVFD

This is the link for BTVFD's thread about these U50's......

I am so happy to get these.............Thank you BTVFD for your efforts.

That'll do for tonight.......Merry Xmas all, and hope Santa Klaus brings you something special, that is of course, if your not on the Naughty list.....LOL

Night all.........

Last edited:
Failing Laptop and Marias Pass

Good Morning all,

Hope you had a wonderful Xmas with Family and friends,

OK for the business at hand, my Laptop is limping pretty bad today, I have a touch screen on it, and it is starting to really fail, so it is off the Stores too see what is on Sale and grab it before this one completely fails on the Screen portion. The good thing, I have all my files backed up to about 2 days ago. So we are good to go for transfer, however, on Trainz, I think I'll do a fresh install and add only the things I really need. Probably take a good week before I finish the complete Transfer.....Maybe into the next year,,,,,LOL's

So wish me luck on this busy operation......I plan on getting a ROG (republic of gamer's) with dedicated NVIDIA card, yes that's right, dedicated Video Card, I probably see T:ANE without any frame stutter for the first time in 5 years........I experienced frame stutter I Trainz Driver 2 with the Ipad, right out the gate......Ah misery can become good company at times.......Until a adequate solution is found......

Alright, so today I drop in some Marias Pass Pictures..........

We are in the South End of the Route, and have lots of Boxcars coming in for local industries here.........Probably about 50 cars to be spotted today........
t
This is the Spur stub line I put in here to service several industries that need lots of transport for Goods produced......And we have a small rail yard in the front side that will allow lots of storage. Early on there was just a single stub track on the other end of the crossing, and these are new companies that came in recently. They contacted one of Crew in the yard during normal operations and asked a simple question, We see a lot of rail traffic move here. Do you folks think you could handle more?

Our Engineers where ecstatic, I'm talking Train Engineers, the ones that really know how the Railroad works. And there answer was, sure we can handle the extra traffic. But we/you would need some tracks closer to your business, it would cost you a little bit of money for startup.......

The owners of the company, yes that is expected and prudent for good operations between us......And voila, the work began, the tracks extended to the back side of each building, and now we have daily shipments going in/out.......

Our load of Empties are brought in early for Shunting to various businesses here on both sides of the tracks.

So with this consist we brought an extra engineer, because we are splitting the power here, so it can work both sides for shunting.

And today, we had a special visitor was aboard for the ride today, she is Inspector General for our Rail Group, she wanted to see how we ran some of our operations.

Pleased with the trip and what she saw, and the local business management, we will get a good report, and maybe, just maybe a Salary Raise might be possible,,,,It has been a good day here......

A view of our large and increased lumber yard, and new Tracks to handle the increased Lumber and logging operations, the tracks going to the left dump into a reverse loops and logging operation Etc..........We have lots of business here.......And I expect more to come as we increase our business operations with a well satisfied customer base....In our world here, the customer is always king!

We just pulled into the yard now wih 50 empties for distribution.

I like this caboose, old but in great mechanical shape and quite reliable, safety wise.

Pardon the pun, but this is one of our local Junk freights making deliveries to the farms with new Farm equipment etc.

Since I redid some of the tracks and added some passing tracks, we have even a smoother run of Consists here and thru out the Route.

Thank you for coming by and I wish you all a grand and Happy New Year.

Laptop is on last legs this week...........Pictures will come later on........

Hello Folks,

:'( My old Laptop is in half Death Mode with the Screen failing rapidly, so I am in progress of switching to a Brand New Costco ROG Gaming Computer.......:udrool:

https://www.costco.com/ASUS-ROG-Gam...ladius-ll-Gaming-Mouse.product.100416051.html

:D I also am taking the Plunge into TRS19......I must be crazy to do this in one stretch of a week..........:sleep:

But since I have a Dedicated 2 Gig NVIDIA Graphics Card this Laptop should blow the doors off my old one...........Anyway, we are off to a Road Trip to celebrate the new year up in the Sierras with other Family and Friends.....so I have to get packed for tomorrow morning.....:udrool:

:eek: Sorry I don't have time to post pics, as this Computer is not quite complete......I rundown by later, how it all went, some of problems with Microsoft Software installation etc.....So just bear with me here...........Happy New Year to all..........:wave: And lord bless those in need at this time.........Best!!

Want to wish you all Happy New Year, We are at Lake Tahoe with family, about 9 degrees low, and some 🌨 flurries.

Busy finding my way around the new laptop and TRS19 way different.

Had to take out lots software garbage etc.... 😎

Lots of stuff to import......

See you next year...... 😎

Good Day all'

Anyone knows, when your Computer goes, or is going bad, it is Crunch time, saving those files, figuring out what Computer you can buy to replace the outgoing model Etc. For me, my Laptop was acting a little funny about 6 months ago with little circles popping up on my touchscreen. I didn't know why they were even there, except to say I knew by instinct it was probably a sensor issue of some sort, as on all the computers I have owned, I never seen such strange behavior out of Computer Screen! The one thing I was able to do, was poke at the bubbles with my fingers after a few pokes they would go away. Maybe for days, maybe even weeks. Fast forward to the last week, now when the bubbles popped up, and I tried to click them away, programs would open, and short of hard reset they wouldn't go away......I knew that with this exhibited type of behavior, it would belong before some more catastrophic occurred.

An Action plan needed implementation and fast:

Fortunately, I had already researched out a good Laptop, and for my concerns on Storage, Video strength, CPU etc, the ROG series of Computers would do the job, and in talking with Store Employees who had actually used them, I got a great range of ideas.....For me, nothing less than Tera of Storage, not more than $ gigs of Video Ram, Battery Concerns, and CPU of no less than I-7 were necessary, now the icing on the Cake, hopefully a SSD coupled with traditional Hard Drive. This one has 256 SSD. Hence I went to Costco and grabbed this Bad Boy up.

And so far I am very pleased, the next thing was, after 5 years of running Trainz, and adding all kinds of Assets in, do I do a fresh install, or do I just do a Copy of old program.......A little thinking here, I decided on Fresh install, and on a further thought, why not buy TRS19 with all the extra Locomotives they were offering for Xmas.......I think it was 130, should I wait till 2019 a month away after doing all the change overs to new computer. OH heck no, the Trainz Bug got me, do it now, don't procrastinate.

So I looked at my storage requirements for Trainz, and with 137 Megs left over on the Boot Drive, I knew it wasn't going to work for Trainz to be loaded there, but for giggles, installed TRS19 and after all was said and done, and with my other Software I needed to install, I had a whopping 37 Gigs left over.....Figuring out there needed to be a better way. I sourced out the TRS19 Wiki on how to move the Program Assets to the larger HD one Terabyte Drive. So had to do brand new re installation for TRS19. Took the rest of the day, now I have the usable space I need for it and all my Routes, which is quite sizable.

TRS19 is way different as TANE was to TS12 version, so there is much to learn.......

After driving thru a grueling Pacific Winter Storm in Northern California and Lake Tahoe Nevada at 25 degrees and almost hitting 2 cars from extreme Ice and Wind Issues, we made it to Sacramento outskirts too see some more friends.......Nice to be in a nice warm house, after thinking we might not make it off the Tahoe Lake Mountains today.

So now I have a few mins, I dropped by to put up these pictures......Still installing New Software and getting all my Short cuts etc, put into place........

So here are some kickstarter photos from the one Route that was already installed....Others are being downloaded from NV3 servers as I type this to you.

Just threw together a quick Steam Consist and went on a quick Drive to learn this Route...We are leaving from downtown and Industrial Center headed up the hill on 2% incline.

I can tell you the clarity with a NVIDIA dedicated Graphic card with almost no Frame Stutter, just slight shudder with Trees is such a welcome thing to experience........

Doing about 30MPH as we round the mountain to points unknown.....Signaling on this Route is A perfect......Love it immensely.....

We are off on a nearby Peak looking out over the valley as our New Passenger session goes into play here, the Power is coming up on the side and will hookup to the Coaches and make several Station Stops.

Looks like we have some Real Estate off to a great start with Corporate Building in process.

Coming round the Mountain, we are making a quick stop at the Lumber Mill and pick up some loads.

Coming up to our next junction we have clear signal.

Coming under the Bridge with Grand look of the River flowing into the Lake behind......

Slightly out of order, but this is where we load our Coal and Water for the Passenger Train Trip.

A view from below as we head up into the Canyons and Mountains........Full Steam ahead.

Take a look at the scenery details and how contrasting everything looks......Great work by the Authors. And just the right amount of Trees used here for effect....

I have never seen a headlight look like this for me, but I have seen in the Photos of other members..........Pretty cool ......

Have much more things to discuss, but that will come after I get some much needed rest.

That's it for today.........Thanks for coming buy.

On the road traveing home today

Good Day All,

Looks like they didn't open I-80 Hwy till later that due to white out and traffic Accidents and heavily Snow conditions.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019/01/07/crews-cleaning-up-i-80-in-colfax-after-major-storm/

All I can say, it was a great trip up to Lake Tahoe, very cold, down to 17 Degrees, but a week later when these Pacific Storms hit, all bets were off, as there are now 4 more Storms lined up headed our way.....But Lake Tahoe is also in Drought conditions so all this Storm business is a mixed blessing in many ways.

As per TRS19, I messed up big time on the original installation and movement to D: Drive, instead of the smaller SSD C: Drive. So after a day and 1/2 work, I found out that I deleted some necessary files from the original installation on C: Drive. Newbie Errors with lots more experience needed here....

Now what happens, I had to erase everything and restart over,

And this time, I installed the basic TRS19 in C: Drive, then went thru the local file change for Assets, and it did it perfectly, I now in the process of finishing the Downloading of the rest of the Assets that come with TRS19, plus the Bonus Locomotives..

Once all that is done, I do another Database Repair:

Then I start slowly loading all my Old Assets and Routes, making sure nothing gets corrupted in the installation process, by making intermediate backups TRS19 Directories for restore if needed. I think as things looks it will go off without a hitch.

Tonight I have more pictures of Maria's Pass to share below.

Running some CN Livery tonight, here is a view of the CAB.........

Lumber and Industrial Shunting tonight......Lots of Loads coming and going on with the new expansion Tracks, we might make some more team Tracks and Runarounds for later on......Need some time with this Route too see how it all works out.

Bringing a load of empties for Log loads.

This is one colorful Caboose for sure.........I know it is a bit out there, but I like it,,,,,,Might Clone and fool with the color brightness when I get some down time........

A hot Santa Fe Passenger service today, and they are a cool set of Dome cars to take up into the high Mountain areas here.......Nice upper floor view out of the center, I have rode cars similar to these a many time, and they are always favorites with the Passengers. Forgot to mention, I extended all the Crossovers by Double throughout the whole Route......Espicially for this length of Cars.......You can run them on short Crossovers, but speed and looks don't look right to me as they do with longer wiggle room I have provided now.

A solo power and caboose head out to pick up some empties today.

And here is my Warbonnet F-7? I think, if I am wrong please excuse.......They are hot on the Throttle to get thru the high mountain passes today.

Log empties are hear now, and on other Tracks we have covered Hoppers on the move......

Our solo gets a Lunar clear here, that's perfect as we get ready to go thru the Yards ahead.....Lots of work for us, and that is a good thing.

Columbia Falls bids a so long, we have our new load of Passengers.......Everything is coming together today....It's a good day on Maria's Pass.........

I have some more info on TRS19 installation results........

I don't have a very good WiFi connection, so I better sign off,,,,,,,,Talk too you all soon,

Have a great day as I am on the Road early tomorrow morning........

TRS19 and PEV Soft installed/ Kick Starter Steam Pictures

Good evening all,

Been busy trying to get Trainz TRS19 and PEVSoft setup and working the way and Location I need them to work from. So after a grueling day and half and help from PEV,PCAS,JCITRON, and other members. Thank you for the assistance..

TRS19 and PEVSoft is now running from Drive and playing nicely together as I integrate the Repair process for Faulty Assets......Do have to say one thing, this computer is pretty darn fast, You can tell the PEV Utility runs twice as fast on my ROG as it did on a 5 year old HP Envy.....As to be expected for now........

TRS19 is a much different program than any of the other Trainz versions I remember. I like the layout graphically speaking, and it will take some time for me to get used to the layout and Design.

From what I can see, it is more graphically driven than the other older Versions, For me as a Visual Driven individual, learning wise, it works. I can relate more to a Picture than Text, if that makes sense.

Now it looks like I have all the Modules installed that came with this XMAS Special Package. Pretty Cool all the Routes and lots of Locomotives from a plethora of Road Names........

With that said, I wanted to play it safe with TRS19 and do the Base install first, to make sure there were not any hiccups, so far not.....

Now comes the real work, put in all my old Assets, Weeding the ones out that will not be Viable, That could be, Well I'm not sure,it could be a few 1000 or more.?.......Take some time, need to work a little on it every day.

I like my new ASUS ROG Laptop a lot and finally have a dedicated NVIDIA GPU, 4 Megs Graphic Ram onboard is a pure Dream come true..........

The only thing, that hurts a bit for now, and I plan to address it ASAP is to change out the second Hard Drive, {D} for either a faster 7200 RPM or use my old Samsung SSD, out of my HP Laptop

What I don't know is whether or not this ROG supports a 2nd SSD.,It will reveal when I open the access door next week to find out.......I'm hoping it does, but if not, will go with a Plan "B" with traditional 7200 HD, and if it does go that way, Ill probably go with 2-4 Terabyte Capacity.

Several Computer Specialists over the years always told me, if your going to by a Hard Drive, don't try and figure what capacity you'll need,instead buy the largest you can get, and you'll most likely come out ahead. Another reason, Hard Drives Storage is the cheapest it has ever been, especially with the advent of SSD coming on scene, I recall when there only 128 Gig or smaller? And they where over 500$ back then.....Now the price has come down within realistic purchase price for you and me......

Enough Computer talk, lets see some Trainz Pictures from Kick starter Route......:

Wanted to show the nice looking Icons that come with PEV'x tools......Very well done.......

Steam is on the way here to pick up Coaches and head on out to the Mountains above this area......Nice weather and the customers are very anxious to get going.

Coming out here from Fueling as we transfer over to the far track where our Consist is waiting for Locomotive.

A view from afar here as we see the whole valley........Our Train is set to leave now........

This is where we switch over to the Coaches about for Tracks away, Switch tenders have lined us up,,,,,,,

One thing I don't like is people standing on live Tracks, someone is going to hear about this, it is not safe, it only takes a quick moment to have a terrible accident by Train, if we hit someone....This practice stops today...........They can yell and scream at me, but I'm am responsible for everybody who is on our property here.......

Good head of Steam as we ascend a 2% or better grade here...........

We are threading our way out of the Yard Tracks.......Signals are permissive...Nothing coming in for now........

Interesting looking Factory here, that Smoke Exhaust is quote high........Wonder what they make there........Could be a small Steel Plant or refinery of some sort.....Hmm.

Ladies watch as their Family members leave with the Train now.........

I think that will do for today.........See you soon.........
1Dih2OJ.jpg

TRS19 and PEVSoft update/ Marias Pass Pictures

Good Day all,

Got some more needed rain, and in fact lots days include Rain Events and that is great,, Since last year was a parched 5 inches and down 9 inches for Yearly average.....Lets hope this year fairs a little better for us.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-rain-cold-forecast-20190110-story.html

Now for the latest news on Transfer and Setup for TRS19 and PEVSoft.

I got all my old Stuff Loaded in TRS19, now it comes to fixing, and deleting what is unfixable for TRS19 standards, which I can live with. In the course of checking my updated inventory, I found out, I had all the Routes I had downloaded originally in TANe theatre, but non of the Revision changes, so we had to go back, fire up the old HP and do a total list of my Route Assets by my name, and backup to CDP, about 1.9 Gigs worth, trans to USB, install on the ROG, and now all is well,

I have the Original Routes for reference, and all my Changes Revisons, about 3-4 each per the Routes I changed, merged Etc........

I don't know if I mentioned or not I also picked up a Portable Seagate 5 GIG Drive, which will serve as intermediate backup along with Daily Carbonite, where I can get my backup files if needed, 24 hrs a day, but download is slow for the program I selected.

With the 5GIG unit, I have it right here, and it is very fast with USB 3 speed this ROG supports, or if not it is backward compatible to probably USB 1, I hope not, that is way slow.......LOL

I'm taking the opportunity to learn ASSET-X better now, as I have a ton of Faulty Assets..

Today for example, I learned the basics of how to do Batch Mode for Asset Repairs (multiple Assets) and intend to try and learn some of the basic Scripting language to make some files in ASSET-X, And ASSET_X comes with quite a few AXM files to play with.......Check your Asset-X directories, I think you be surprised at how many individual Files there are installed with the Package........

The other thing I plan,is too read as I can, all TRS19 and ASSET-X FAQ and dedicated Threads so I can get up to speed with this new program.

Granted, It will take some time, a good amount I'm sure as I learn everything I can about the 2 programs, the benefit for me, is I have been using ASSET -X since TS-12, but in limited fashion, now with the Advance TRS19 Platform, I feel I need to step up my game if I'm ever to get my all my Assets updated, repaired or discarded..........It's fair to certain there a lot of you in the same situation if you have been thru several revisions of Trainz over the years........We all have a sorted mess of Versions back to 1.0, if not your ahead of the game.....Since 3.5 and above is a healthier place to be sometimes with Trainz.

One other thing I need to add, when I peeked in on Timber Ridge Line, I found lots of Textures missing, and other items, while that is not good, and is to be expected, there was a lot of new Faulty Items showing up too, I am hoping that when I repair these items where possible, that situation will improve itself....Over time of course...I'm aware of some new PBR Textures from MSGsapper and other Creators as we began switching to a brand new Platform in Trainz, like anything else, time will tell, but from what I see of the New PBR Projects, and the way Graphics work in TRS19, things visually are much more appealing to the eye.........

But I want to see how I can fix what I have first.

Tonight will revisit Maria's Pass and see what's going on?

In our recent photos, we had lots of Freight and Passenger stuff going on in the lower half of the Route, now we rejoin our ATSF Passenger Train here as it gets ready to hit up the Famous Maria's Pass Grade ahead. Weather is cool and quite chilly as to be expected this time of year.....Which reminds me, I need to go in to this Route and Lower the Snow Level, to see how things look here.

She flew by us at 75 MPH, all we see now is bright Red Light......I should put on a FRED Device too see how it looks on the Dome Car.

Local Traffic is happy they didn't have to wait for a long slow Freight............Ha Ha, we have them coming too today.......

Heading up the Grade now.........Everything is clear ahead for us......

Going into Coram West Station and small Freight Yard area.

We have lots of Warehouses near our tracks, and the Rail Business to keep them going..........

Passengers have de trained for here, and the rest with some new Boarding's completed, we rev up our ATSF Warbonnet, as we plan to dance up the hill........

And here we head into the Canyons now, it's getting even colder,, as our elevation increases, about 40 degrees here.....No Snow in sight for now......But the Chill is in the Wind, and we have nice hot Coffee or Coco onboard etc,,,,,,,

Hitting a double Crossover here.........We have lots of these strategically placed thru out the Route, that way if we find a slow Freight ahead, stalled, whatever, our dispatchers will shift us to run around the problem and keep our speed consistent......That's great management......We have the necessary Puzzle Tools, and use them judiciously when the need arises. Be prepared for all contingency's, be proactive, and only reactive when you can't do it another way.......

Coram Station is clear as we take our new passengers and head on up the Grade....1.5% if memory serves correct here.......

Will check later too see how this Consist is doing.......

Thank you for coming by.......Have a Blessed Sunday Friends........

Good Monday Morning all,

Just thinking about today's Date, has been already 2 weeks since New Years, and 3 since Xmas, wow has time flown around here? Alright, so let's give a Shout out to Ish6, he just survived a serious Intestinal surgery, and is on the mend. We ask for his continued recovery.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?146601-Ish6-still-alive&p=1729110#post1729110

and too Dean AKA "Dinorius_Redundicus's Avatar" a terrific Asset Creator and master of many other processes in the Trainz world, thanks for help with Asset-X issues I had..........

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...tch-file-for-Images2TGA&p=1729107#post1729107

Our Forum and Members are a wealth of vital information.....Take care of and respect them They fill the GAP where others cannot.........

Alright, so latest update with TRS19, it is improving for me, as I strive to learn how this Platform works over the older Trainz Versions I have played with........

Love my new ROG Strix ASUS Laptop too......

After getting TRS19 correctly set on Drive D: with it's natural Directory pointing from C: Drive,and here is Path Command, showing the proper location and how it needs to looks......

C:\Users\your name here\AppData\Local

holding about 217 Megs of relevant Files and Folders to coexist on D:,

and shown here,

"D:\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019"

I just allowed it to name this way and you can put it on any Drive of your choice, I recommend using a fresh install always. You get the base TRS19 install done, Check it out before you download the additional Assets, depending on the package you bought, I got the Xmas/New Years special with 130 Additional Locomotives etc, which come in 2 separate Downloads from NV3 servers.....And it takes several hours, probably close to a Day for the Downloads to complete.......I did it overnight after I saw how long the first package came.

On you initial installation, open the program up, check out the few Routes in it, run some trains, etc. Close the Program, immediately due a Database Rebuild, and this is too see the Program works, and it is set in the Drives you want it to be......Follow the instructions for moving your local asset Directory to the Drive of your Choice, remember you have to leave the Directory Structure intact on C: Drive, That was one of my mistakes, I took out all of the Directory with exception of the Pointer Config File, and ran into problems right away, TRS19 did not like it, all kinds of errors, resulting in deletion by me, and brand new install, and do it all over again, what I'm saying, try to do it right the first time, and double check your changes as you go.........

Initial setup gave me something 464K of Assets, now I have 487K with the Downloads and my Old Assets added, which I am still working on. D: Drive is a One Terabyte, or 1000 Megs, I am currently using about 311 Megs give or take for now,,,,,,getting near about 1/3 Terabyte (350 Megs)....

SPECIAL NOTE ON DRIVES in my ROG:

Drive C: is an M2 SSD class of drive, unfortunately only 256 GIG, which is way too small for all my Trainz stuff,

Drive D: is conventional Drive 1 Tera, and probably 4200 RPM or maybe 5400, I'm not sure at this point, my intention is to bring in the Samsung SSD out of my OLD HP Envy and do a Swap, that is, if this ROG supports that SSD 1st generation of SSD, where as M2 is faster and newer.....Won't know till I open the maintenance cover on this ROG, very easy to do, one Screw......KUDOS to the ASUS Engineers......Doing the Job Right for DYI folks,,,,,,(DO IT YOURSELF acronym speak)

And when I got it completely installed with my junk, There was at least 4500 Faulty and or Missing Assets, This is normal, I have old Assets from Ver 1.0 on up to Ver 4.5,, do I need to clean all the junk in my Trunk, Oh hell ya I do.....and that is what I'm working on, 2-4 hours of every day I can.....Will it take time, you bet your Skippy...!

Now there is some sunshine, unfortunately like everyone else, When you download Routes, or Assets, they come with missing Assets.....And when you install them, they can't always find all the missing Assets, because a portion are stored on other Vendor or Private Party Sites.....You have to Detective your way thru the missing Asset List and try to find what it is that is missing.........Never a 100% return as others know.....

So, as I process this mountain of missing and Faulty, with the help of Asset-X, I am down to 1650 Assets Faulty and or Missing, whittling away in patience.........And where necessary, with an ASSET that is too mucked up for Trainz, generally Mesh, or missing parts of the Asset dependency's I hit the delete key for my Sanity........LOL

Ah,,,,,,,Just did about my 8th Database Rebuild, which is done after putting in 2000-3000 missing Assets in yesterday, and correcting their Asset Faulty conditions......Took 14142 Seconds to rebuild, divide by 60 and you'll get the minutes it took......Down from a high of 40000 Seconds at the worst time needed for Rebuild, most likely with 4500 Faulty/Missing Assets......What a Hoot that was.!

Alright and another key thing here, I was able to do Revert to Original on probably 1000 or more old Assets, and they are Faulty Free,,,,Now how they look in TRS19 versus other items, that is another Sand Pile I'll need to play in, once I get the first phase cleaned up here........

I'm trying to do this in a logical way that works for me, and preserves lots of Assets, that I know will never get updated, and I like.......

So bottom line, take the time to do the job the best you can, clean up your Assets, and throw away the ones you can't that's just a fact of life here, and move on........

Learn all you can about TRS19 and Asset-X which I think is a grand program for fixing/changing Assets to your liking, Bear in mind, I am in no way an Asset Creator, just not my foray, nor do I have the time........But I do massage Routes to my Liking, do lots of Merges and have a great time in Trainz, It is the best program I have ever come across, recall, I originally came from the STEAM program game......I never went back after finding out about Trainz Driver 2 on IPAD.......So there you have it folks!

Questions and Comments are always welcome.......Thanks for dropping in, I'll post some pictures later on, I'm on a roll with getting these Assets fixed and found as the case may be.....

And, oh yah, it is raining great outside now,,,,,,,,,,What more could I ask for............PEACE my Friends.........Stay Tuned.........

Good news ont the Cleanup progress Etc.......

Good Day all,

Things with TRS19 and PEVSoft Tools are definately looking up this week.!!!!!

After about 2 weeks of fooling around, trying to learn enough of both Platforms, I'm now having some really good success with clearing up my mess of Faulty/Missing Assets.

Originally I had close to 4500 items to Delete, Fix or Repair, Locate, Download Etc with the new installation of both Programs on this ASUS ROG Laptop, with Database Rebuild high of 40000 Seconds now down to 5000 Secs which I think is very respectable, when you consider the thoroughness of ERROR CHECKING Trainz is pushing too make sure no Asset is left unchecked in the mix.

I did however notice that when there's significant Faulty or missing Assets, Trainz gets very cranky, and slows way down as noted by a couple of Members Threads,

Trainz tries to find out what is going on with the Faulty ones, So one of the things I do when I cause a Database Rebuild,is save the Log Results, and poor over it with a fine tooth comb too see what went wrong and correct where possible.....

For example, I never get the Precache Downloads, ever!!!! And there are a number of other members who have complained about this error too....Why?? Who knows, but there is a problem with that, in that it cause the Rebuild Time lost to check and it has never cleared up, because I did the basic install, and the first Scam out the gate with new install had it shown.

The other item, is Trainz tells me I have Auran "Water Commodity in 2-3 places, and shows it as an error........
=================================================================================================================
; <kuid:-3:10044> <kuid:-3:10044>
- <kuid:-3:10044> <kuid:-3:10044> is present in multiple locations.
; <kuid:-3:10044> <kuid:-3:10044> is at arc:fld:$(packages)/sc489p/content||kuid -3 10044.tzarc|kuid -3 10044
; <kuid:-3:10044> <kuid:-3:10044> is at fld:$(builtin)/base/content/kuid -3 10044|
; <kuid:-3:10044> Ignoring asset <kuid:-3:10044> from package: arc:fld:$(packages)/sc489p/content||kuid -3 10044.tzarc|
; <kuid:-3:10004> <kuid:-3:10004>
- <kuid:-3:10004> <kuid:-3:10004> is present in multiple locations.
; <kuid:-3:10004> <kuid:-3:10004> is at arc:fld:$(packages)/sc489p/content||kuid -3 10004.tzarc|kuid -3 10004
; <kuid:-3:10004> <kuid:-3:10004> is at fld:$(builtin)/base/content/kuid -3 10004|
; <kuid:-3:10004> Ignoring asset <kuid:-3:10004> from package: arc:fld:$(packages)/sc489p/content||kuid -3 10004.tzarc|
; <kuid2:82412:612622:1> <kuid2:82412:612622:1>

Now for Faulty and Missing items, Originally 4500 as of today, I have it down to 1100 Items, What a Job, I had to throw away probably 1500 or more Assets, the good side is quite lot of Faulty that was able to use the REVERT to Original command and it worked perfectly...........

All in all, that nasty word called experience is "the best teacher" proved itself beyond the shadow of doubt, being tenacious and accurate works.....You just have to be patient, logically, and be willing to change in the middle of the stream if need be. And I'm very greatful to the many forum members that gave great advice on how to deal with the Obstacles I faced TRS19.........

With that said, I am so happy I went to TRS19, and was able to get my new ASUS ROG, it is working out great........

I found this article today about a Molasses Incident in the early 1900's...I think you'll find what happened both before and the fall out afterwards, depending on how you look at it, most interesting.......

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-flood-1919-killed-21-after-2-million-n958326

I have some meetings early this AM, so I will post some pics later on today..........

We have a nice Pacific Storm coming in tonight,..........The last of the storms for the Month, and this is perfect......We are getting some very much needed water.......

Take care all.........

Last edited:
Baltimore to Connellsville & West Rte

Finally got a chance to get the Pics in here, and another huge milestone for me, I downloaded this Route below, it is the largest Route I have played in.....Take a look at what the Specs are on this one.......

It is close to one Gigabyte in size, I was actually able to run on it, with very miner almost no Frame Stutter, and the pictures are great..........This is something I have always wanted to do......

Now I have to be honest with you all, I did remove about 20% of the Trees to help free up some Ram both System and VRAM.......And I did it in a Bulk Asset and Replace operation, all the Route in one shot, per Tree, with about 5 different Trees,,doing one at a time, took about 10 mins max, probably less, the TRS19 didn't crash, my computer didn't lockup or act funny in any way, shape or form.......It was dead on operation!!!!!!!

I saved the files about once 1/2 way thru the op, then again after the 5 tree......Take that to the Bank.

Just sitting back here with like a CAT with a Cheshire Smile a mile long..........AWSOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE......Can you tell I'm happy..........

The Baltimore & West Mega Route is a result of the merging of the WM & B&O Mega Route with the Baltimore to Cumberland Mega Route. The route includes the original Cumberland to Connellsville, and the Western Maryland Thomas Sub which were merged to form the WM & B&O Mega Route, and the Cumberland to Harper's Ferry, and Harper's Ferry to Baltimore routes which were merged to form the Baltimore to Cumberland Mega Route. Total main line trackage: 1107 Miles. The route has 11,605 baseboards, and covers 2,322 square miles. All content is DLS only. By opening the route in 'Content Manager/Show in Explorer', you can access and download 2 Trainz Map JPEGs of the route

I thought I would show those of you what the opening screen of TRS19 looks like here,,,,,,I really like the picture with the Snow Covered Mountains in the back...........The program is well laid out, and is from what I see, done with heavy emphasis of GUI rather than Text, and it works well for me..............As I learn more and more about TRS19 and the way it handles things, I am Sold on it......Does it have some issues here and there, yes it does as I read the forum,,,,,,And that is too be expected for a newly designed platform.........What I do say, it works for me, and my ASUS ROG Laptop............Steady as she goes there Captain, and continue learning......The rest should come in time.....And bless it be the ASSET-X Utility......I fixed around 800 Faulty or Missing Assets yesterday, am I little crazy and OCD with fixing 4500 Asset issues, yes you could say that, now that I am down to 1100, I think 50-100 a day, till I get it cleared will do now....It's time to play...........All work and no play, makes Blue a dull player.......Lets have some fun now, with the new Routes etc........I'm definitely looking forward to it........

Here is the Map of this gigantic Route and Kudos to jrfolco and his work.......Excellent in every way imaginable......

Put up a quick C&O Steam with Freight and Caboose of course. Take a run thru the Coal yards here, have no idea where I am going, as I am not familiar with this Route at all.....Green as they come......

Love the Ships he has here and the Dock layout.........

We had to go thru 2 yards after the Dock area, but because the 2nd yard was lined up for us, we slipped thru the bypass Main, very few switches.....Well done Sir.......

We just came right thru the middle here where we run into a 3 yard main.........

Lake Water here with nice Sun reflection............

View of the Transload Shipping area with Ocean View to the left.........A steady bright light, lets folks know we are in the neighborhood.....

Quick side view as we pass thru at 5MPH, lots of switches here and I don't want to put any cars on the Ground, slower is better till I learn the lay of the Land.......Beautiful Engine........And it is strong too.....I have plenty of weight on this consist........

We are coming in on the bottom right curve here......Look at all the Buildings here, how neat and straight the Streets and other buildings are......So well laid out........

Now I have about 1107 miles of Route to travel, that's right 1107 I didn't stutter, and or 2322 Square miles, tell me that is one heck of size Route.........Is there anything wrong with it,,,,,Nope, but that is not a true qualified answer until I get one heck of lot more miles in.............Am I going to change some things, yes, definitely have some ideas.......But nothing major in that sense of the word.....Just customize a few things for my personal likes.......

So the Rule of the day on this one, if your computer, storage and VRAM is strong enough, grab this bad boy Route and play with it..........I think it would be well worth your time..........

Again, outstanding Route......What a huge SAND BOX to play in......Thank you jrfolco for Job Well Done Here...........YOU have my complete respect on this one......Thank you Sir...........

Last edited:
Settings for GTX 1050Ti request ? / Andrushivka-Vinnitsa UZ wonderful Route

Good Day all,

Been working on the last 1000 Faulty and/or Missing Assets etc, now down to about 680, and so far so good......And when I took a break to play, I looked over the Routes on DSL for versions 4.5-4.6, figuring that with TRS19 it is more realistic to play with the Routes more in tune version wise with TRS19. Along with that, I plan on doing some spring cleaning of the older ones I have. With just keeping the ones, mostly the Mega Merges I made that I want hold onto to..........

I have to share the biggest part of my happiness, is with a Computer that can handle the Graphics and make things look even more realistic than I have ever seen..........IT is awesome.......One thing I do need to find out from you folks with NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti Graphics Card is what you feel are the proper settings to use in TRS19 Theater.???

Last might I played on this Route from olegkhim, it is fairly large with wonderful landscaping and many opportunities. Tonight I posted pictures from this Grand Route............Check it out.......Below are the

Andrushivka-Vinnitsa UZ

East European railway. The route runs along the vast expanses of the Ukraine among the picturesque fields, forests and villages. A large map which is busy with many passenger and freight trains. There are short stretches of track between local stations and long runs for high-speed passenger trains. There are small parts of the map which are not electrified and need to use diesel locomotive traction and two separate stations where the locomotives can be changed. The total route length is 180 km....

In disclosure, I don't know anything about this Route, but from first impressions, it is Grand, I just need to learn about.

I found out, that when I transferred my Routes, I forgot to CDP my Trainz Consists that I made......Thank goodness, I can go back to T:ANE on old Laptop, and put a backup copy together to import into TRS19, I was so busy doing Asset Repairs and Route imports etc, I failed to notice, I didn't have my old Train Consists I had made over several years........

Now with that out of the way, I threw together a quick Diesel and freight together as expeditionary train to parts yet unknown....

Now not all the Route is Electric, so felt it was safer to bring a Diesel than Electric, less I get stuck somewhere with no electricity.

As you can already see this Route has been masterfully designed from olegkhim, and I like it a lot already...........We are starting at one end of the route and travel thru the Countryside.

We are doing ok,, loks like some Yellow and Reds are ahead, probably need to set some Switches ahead.

We stopped at the Dispatch Office to check in with Dispatcher here as he has his morning Smoke........Will get some updated paperwork here.

We got our clearance for this part as we forge ahead......I have to learn where all the Industries are and what they do.....

Aproaching another Yellow and Red after, we head into a Railyard ahead.

Tall apartments loom in the back......As we pass thru tranquil part of the city.

We stopped at the Crossing here and found out the switches will take some time to set, and it looks like Traffic is backing up as we hear a Chorus of Car Horns express their displeasure with Train delays.....

So we made a command decision, reverse move back a 1/4 mile and allow the gates to raise, clear the train movement........Looking a mile ahead, there is huge yard ahead.........And combined Passenger Train Platforms on both sides, with a Center set track for Freight passage, which doesn't affect the Passenger Loading....Well done Olegkhim, I like the design principles.......

Made it thru the Rail Yard and we forge ahead, in the distance it looks like some kind of Factory or Power Station, which brings up a point, I need to see how the Electrical and Sewer Systems are setup up on this Route, whether I need to add to the infrastructure....Route is plenty big and there is room for additional Industries in key locations.

Beautiful Trees and Shrubbery, Olegkhim has done a wonderful job here...........It is no overgrown either.........He has a good balance of Trees to open areas.....

Here is an overhead of one of the Crossings, I really like how it is designed with protection for Pedestrians and Traffic with respect to Train movement.

This will do for now, I have about another 680 Assets to weed thru and fix or delete as necessary......

I bid you all a good day, and thanks for dropping in.............

Progress Notes with old assets /Ardennes and the country 'Hesbaye' in Belgium Route

Good Day All,

Things are going well, on the install, fix and Delete Assets project, the larger issue I face, is cleaning up all the missing Assets with all my Old Routes, and new ones Too. That has entailed a lot more work, but I have made up my mind, I want to avail all of this issues with a Clean Slate, so maybe a week or too more to get it all tidy'd up, akin to something better known as real good Spring Cleaning, even though technically Winter for a while.......

The Bright Side, with more fixing and learning to do more on the problem Assets, it forces me to learn different creative ways of resolving the Faulty Issues.....And I find ASSET-X a terrific Utility is this mode of recovery....I do know I haven't scraped the surface with ASSET-X, and there is so much more to it's capabilities....

One thing I really want to learn to do, is try where possible within the limits of the original Mesh Design, is to upgrade over version 3.5 so I don't get so many of those Trainz Warnings, I know that is major trigger point is the Versioning of One's Asset's.......So this will be another Tasks I plan on learning........I have done some 2004, 2006, Versions to TS-9 and TS-12, but I don't understand everything on the Conversion that ASSET-X does, which means, I need to go back and reread the Manual that came with it...........Just takes some time and tenacity.........

Over to TRS19 Graphic's settings, big shutout to MSGSapper for his excellent help on what I needed to get the most of my New NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti video card, I made 2 quick changes on my settings, and found out, I cannot make the Anti aliasing to 8x it makes the Textures go wonky, and that is ok, I dialed back a notch, and will also check my Draw Setting too see where it works the best......Other than that I am a very happy camper with my new Laptop and the NVidia, it kicks some real @#$%^ you knw what I mean here........

And check out MSGSappers Custom made Rig, it is off the charts,,,,,,,,,,,Awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?150796-Example-TurfX-Settings-for-TRS2019-you-can-use

By all means, check out his Thread, there is excellent info here for all to see........

Recall I alluded to the fact I missed my all my Train sets I created and forgot to bring over to the TRS19 installation, I an I wrongly assumed I only had 30-40 Train-sets, well, that is what happens when you Assume rather use empirical source....To my amazement, I had 144 of those little fellas.............And on top of that, I had multitudes of missing Rolling Stock.......So you know what I needed to due, open each one showing MISSING ASSETS and hope I could find them, so far so good, with the exception of a dozen or so, having some I could find, so I had to clean the Config.txt to clean it up...........Now that they are installed, I don't have to go back and re invent all the days of work, that went into making these Consists for the specific Routes they were cobbled together for...........I like it when thinks work out..........Hurray.........!!!!

Tonight will see some pictures from the latest Route I have downloaded recently, I't interesting, but since it is brand new to me, I cannot say more at the moment......Looks like this one is in it's 15th Revision which a see as sign that lots of hard work went into the initial creation to where it is now........

"Ardennes and the country 'Hesbaye' in Belgium"
---------------------------------------------------------
Notes on the Route from Creator Author (GuilliamsYves Kuid:181290:100269:15):This layout is imagine the Ardennes and the country 'Hesbaye' in Belgium.

The track design and the layout are based on the use of main track-paths in the execution of the defined business-plans. The workplaces, the industries and the yards are accessed trough the use of portals and are delimited with shunt track-marks.

The stations, workplaces and industries are supplied with a turntable access supporting steam engines.

Turntable activity is monitored by the use of an HTML-asset.

The navigation commands to the different stations, workplaces, yard-portals, industry-portals must be done with the command 'Drive to ?' to obtain the best performance.
Perform shunting operations in stations with the command 'Navigate to ?' and in workplaces , industries and yards with the command 'Drive to ...'.

Bring your train across the Belgium Ardennes and the country 'Hesbaye' or work on a busy yard to have the economic cycle running. Deliver goods to the various customers and industries.

All will run automatically as long as there are no more than two consists which are accessing simultaneous the same industry.

Have Fun !
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the Map of this Route. At first glance, it is compact, and has nice Water Ways etc.......Not to large, but large enough to have plenty of fun driving your Trains.....

Grabbed a European Freight and we are headed into the Port area too drop off some Stacks and other types of Cars.......

Driving thru the Countryside, the Author has done an excellent job with Grass, Trees etc......Blended perfectly and not over done.........From what I see as i drive the Route, this is exactly what you would expect to see if your going thru the countryside here.....Well Done sir........

Great open areas are viewed here on the right, and perfect Cityscape awaits on the left........Lots of River Ways with gentle Roads and Bridge connections..........I like it!

A lone ship has come into Port, and I will add some more sparingly in the Ocean area........Nice color coordination here too.......Again, the Author is very talented and when you go thru the different areas, it feels quite realistic.

Little bit of Tree encroachment, and this is well expected as we do reverse move here to different parts of the Route.

Shoving the Freight in here for Delivery, we come across a Crossing here,, Cars waiting, signals working in advance of our train.....

Now I have much more exploring to do on this Route when I get a chance, if you like the pictures, then and this Route looks inviting, then by all means, go snatch it up off the DSL.......I think it would be well worth your time......

That'll due for tonight, and thanks for coming by.............I bid you all a great week ahead.....

And one last thing, there is Lunar Eclipse Tonight coming very soon,,,,,,,Check it out..........

Night now.....

Assets in repair and some Marias Pass screenshots......

Good Evening all,

Been so busy doing honey dues, you know, that first of the year items, that didn't make the list last year, lets say towards the end of November, Yup, way back then........Heaven help me, and now it's time to do those Taxes again = fun times and Brain strain........

Before I lay out what I hve done, here is a link that reviews a 15" model of my new Laptop similiar to mine, I have 17" model, and having more screen real estate, even thought it's heavier, this is the way o go......

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/31/asus-rog-strix-scar-ii-gaming-notebook-review

I have been systematically wading my way thru another round of Faulty and Missing Assets, And it is getting easier as I go along, repitative practice makes for more perfection......And a little switchy,changy magic when and where I can.......

One of thing things that really pops up about 15% of the time is Screenshot Images size 512x512, it must have to do with the Authors Graphics Programs, as far as I always knew it had to be 180x240? But there must be something I'm not clear on...

Good thing here, I can go into Paint.Com, Windows old but very basic Paint program, and do a quick edit on resize and save over the higher image file, in fact, that is the only error in the Asset, so it's a fairly easy fix to push out........I think I have down probably 100-125 or so.......

Now I am very ashamed here, but I found out, when it's late at night, your Brain starts following asleep, with the eyes, meaning I messed up about 10X and saved some Routes and Sessions to the wrong name file, and over wrote some good Routes and Files, the only reason I know why, I opened up a couple, and Config had one name, and contents inside, well, you knew right away, it had been saved over the wrong file......

Now I got those corrected, some I had to throw out, and I'll need to redownload the original Routes off the DSL........All I can do is laugh about it, grace saving thing, I had extra copies of the original work......I always allow 3-4 anyway just in case something happens........Lest I say, TOO ERROR IS TO BE HUMAN, Guilty of both here........

Bear in mind, I'm cleaning up 4.3 yrs of work here........So I downloaded some more Routes I ran across .
One was "MRR Gairloch Southern NG RR" Small Compact NG.........

"Australian Rural" About a 10 tile or more Country Side, very Rural Route, which I plan on using as a Merge with some other Australian Routes I have in Merge Fashion,,,,,,,Speaking of which, that is one other thing I need to check out with TRS19, and this new laptop, is see how the Merge Function works, I have no clue, since I so busy with Assets Cleaning.........

And I was thinking about one of Routes in the past I downloaded about 2 yrs ago, I believe it was called Montana Rail Link, seems to me, I had to cut the Route down about 25% on each end of the Strips, So I ended up with about 50% smaller Route to make it work and not crash my HP Envy, now I think I will redownload it, in it's entirety too see how it functions in TRS19 Theatre......Will see what happens....

I 'm trying to remember if it was originally 300 miles long, or 100 and something....Well will find that out later tonight, I'm doing another Database Build now too order up the 240 Assets I cleaned up,over the last 2 days........It's only a number that gets smaller over time..........

As I do more working within TRS19, it is starting to make more sense how it works now, and I really like how when you see the pre images of the Routes, you know right away, if has missing or Faulty assets by the little images canted to side of the image.......

I have my NVidia settings about right now, and nothing above 6x Aliasing........

That's enough Rag Chewing here, lets see what we have for Pictures tonight......?

I think will do some Maria.s Pass here............

Got a power move in the wings, set of for BNSF SD's headed up north to move some Coal Loads for us......

Little Junk Train moving through the mountain......... Nice spring day, Snow Melt gives us sparkling brooks coming down the steep mountain crevices as we pass by........

Looks like a Spring Shower may be in the offing today......

And as night approaches the back of Dome car hear as it heads into the Canyons.........

Had some heavy Mountain Pass winds here the other day, nice to see our Communication Micro Wave Tower is in place........Means a lot for our Train to Train, and Train to Dispatcher Radio Links......

A look from high above observation spot on the mountain, we see a ATSF WAR Bonnet heading thru some very dark canyons......Guided by a brilliant beam of light........

And now it's pitch black as we come into Stanton Creek and head for another Station Stop.........

Morning is not far away as we pass a southbound Passenger Train.......

A round the mountain we go as head to the next town,,,,Signals and district look good for now, but some moderated Rainfall is headed our way......The good news here, our tracks are well maintained......So weather should be a nn event as we head North......

That'll do for today.........Night Now

MSSGSappers Thread and Kickstarter Pic for you.......

Good Evening,

Been over to MSGSappers thread,and found out he had upgraded the Route Below to TRS19 Spec.....whoop hooo.....
And his updated route looks great.......Downloaded, installed and no errors of any kind....check it out.....I plan on adding to one of my other routes in my usual merge fashion........Simple to merge if you look how end parts of his stubs are terminated........Kudos to MSGSapper for another fine product....Also check out all his new PBR Textures uploaded to the DLS recently.....Search with key words "PBR" no quotes of course......I also added some interesting links for additional info on the WEB too.......

Progressive Jessie James Railroad........TRS19 Specked out.........

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...support-thread&p=1731600&posted=1#post1731600

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Transfer_Railway

http://www.macrodyn.com/ldsig/wiki/index.php?title=Minnesota_Transfer_Railway_-_HO_-_Stein_Rypern

Now today while checking the forum to see whats up and happening, being the nosy person I am....LOL.....Did I just say that.....OH no, my secret is out......

Nah,I like coming to the Forums, there is a wealth of information shared for all to learn.....

So today, POTASH was in the Trend, and someone asked if anybody had seen or knew about Storage Buildings for POTASH Mines etc, and sure enough, one of Favorite Members had a quick answer and the pictures to back up his claim that they indeed existed by our very own BEN DORSEY,,,,,RIP of course, I checked my inventory and to my surprise, I had the Cars and the Commodity but no Storage Buildings, ,,,,Messed up on that one....Thought I did, and now I do....Downloaded Ben's Models, and they look pretty cool.

I also realize after browsing Ben's Asset Creations, I was missing lots of Wood Timber Bridges Etc, so I cleaned that up with some more downloads........Takes time to get all your inventory back up to par, after moving to new Computer and New Trains Platform.........All in a few weeks work.......

I still see TRS19 can't seem to square itself on precached downloads error....Must be something NV3 put in the Development program but hasn't finished the final connection for it too happen..Guess will have to wait and see on that......I get about 15 errors each time I do a Database Rebuild from adding new assets, like today, 5000 new ones I was missing......

Alright, so will have some more Kick-starter Photos of our Passenger Train headed up the hill, on a point to Point Run......I plan on adding more Mainline to this Route since it is mainly centered in the middle with Tracks, and the all outer Tiles just have mountains and Rivers bordering it........Not sure why it was built that way.....That's OK, I'm a self born tinkerer and ponderer of Thoughts and What if things all the Routes, I think it is fun to imagine, what if I could do this or that on a Route, nothing ventured nothing gained theology if you will.......

This bottom of the Route at zero elevation and were just pulling our Train out of Passenger Station, to head up into the hills, 2% grade or better, and will end up, at that huge Peak in the back of the Photo here...... Line going this way, is a Point to Point Route, and our final stop is a Passenger Station with Stub extension to a Round Table, will unhook our Steam Engine from consists, pull forward 150 Feet or so, turnaround on the Table, and then take runaround the Train passing track, hookup, pickup new passengers and come back down the hill and park in this Passenger Station, do the turnaround again....You know the drill, WASH, RINSE ,DRY and REPEAT....LOL

Here we are coming up a 2% grade and the Water is so elegant with overhead sun shine.......Never saw this on T:ANE but probably was my decrepit Video Card too.....?

We cross under the Tracks, and will loop around the mountain and come up over the top on those tracks in a minute or so.........2% Grade, very smooth here......

We are up on top of mountain now.......Weather is perfect,.....I need to try some night runs here and see how it goes in the Dark.......

Come across another great looking bridge here......Oh,,,after looking at this picture again, I see we have a Wood Mill Operation and Tracks over the Curve here........Need to setup the Wood Cars and Flatcars to service the Mills Commodities.....

Here is a view on the other side, and you can see the lower Tracks we just came under a few mins ago....Looking at this Bridge, I think, but I'm not sure, that some Bridges Pylons were added underneath, to come up the Concrete Gray ones coming down from the Bridge, or this this Bridge support really made this way? Curiosity has me going in circles now........Have to check this out tonight........???? HMMMMMMM???

Another quick Picture as we Steam across........I want to change a little bit of the Texture and some of how this hill is modeled,,,,,,Would like to get a different contrast in some parts of canyon separations,,,It looks a looks a little duplicated there.......I don't know if I am explaining correctly, but I will show later how it looks after change some of Canyon out cropping's and colors etc........

Remember I said we were headed for the tall Peak in the back from below the Yards we just came from, now if you look in the middle of the picture, we are headed to the back and around to right of that peak......

We are coming into a very tropical area of this Route, I think these are Banana Plants, I have never seen this in any of my Routes very cool......With the Tall Grasses, just what you would expect here.....

Great aerial shot here of the Route, I got as high as I could on a distant mountain to take this shot, must have taken me 5 mins and several messed up shots to get this one, without continually sliding down the mountain with Camera Lense......Really nice looking Route with lots of possibilities to lengthen the main line in back part of the Route........

I did some research on SSD drives on Crucial Site, and found out they have a 2 TB one, now I want to check and see how it compares to my Samsung 860 EVO, I have on bench mark speeds, even though the Samsung is 1 Tera and Crucial is 2 Tera, performance is more key for me.....

I also found compatible memory for my ROG to upgrade 16 to 32 Gig,,, I read some of the reviews and see increasing 16 to 32 allows you more programs to run and some less work on your drives, as the Ram is used more for writes etc......That'll do for today, ,,,,,,Night all, and thanks for coming by

Misc Notes & The Clinchfield Railroad Pictures

Good Saturday Morning/Evening all,

This week has been great fun with some of routes I have located, I recently found the Clinchfield Rte. and

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...William-Mallaig-TANE-Procedural-v1-by-nawlins

For my own use I have merged your two routes the Fort William-Mallaig TANE Procedural v2, <kuid2:117948:100422:2> and
Fort William-Crianlarich (TANE), <kuid2:117948:100455:1>.

They go together well giving the complete route which I tried last night in TRS19, I wanted to see how well TRS19 did with two fair sized Routes, and Trainz handled it perfectly......And Quick too, a testament to my new ASUS ROG capabilities......I am stoked as you could say, the TRS19 and my ROG......What a difference it makes when the Universe comes together, and everything plays nice for a change.......Loving it.......!

Now I need to divert for a moment here, I have several Routes in TRS19, that were not made Version Wise for it, and in those, the only problems I have is Faulty ( as to be expected with a new Trainz Platform) some older assets in them, that have mesh issues, uniform color missing, and several other Tag errors or Obsolete not used issues, the larger problem is, a fair amount in some routes, the Textures are missing, I attribute that too the fact, those particular textures won't play in TRS19, and this is fixable too, I just have to put in some contrast-able colors that come in TRS19 or are made.......

I'm not yet ready to jump just yet to PBR, although I do have 70 some of them from MSGSapper latest ones he made in the last few weeks, and they are installed and ready to go.....I need to learn how to play with them.....And I am grateful for his fantastic work he does for us as a Creator...

Tonight will see some Clinchfield Rte pictures, this Route is completely new to me, I have never played on it before and it is fantastic Route from see link to Thread below.....TPR ROUTES, Route made by MSGSapper.......

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?150953-John-Keenan-from-TrainzProRoutes-returning

MSGSapper Notes on his Route :"The Clinchfield Railroad traverses the Appalachian mountain region of the United States of America and is some of the most beautiful country in the world. It is an engineering marvel and it is both a coal-hauler and a bridge route which makes for a variety of interesting operations. The current CSX Railroad swallowed up the Clinchfield Railroad and still uses the old route in its daily operations. The Clinchfield Project is a semi-prototypical depiction of the Clinchfield Railroad as it was in the late 60's or early 70's. Actual route maps were used by TPR in an attempt to capture the actual locations in reference to each other. However, at the time that the original Clinchfield route was started, actual track diagrams of the various yards and coal tipples along the route were not available. So a large degree of modelers license was used to depict these areas. While there are a variety of other industries on this route, with its over 25 coal mines and tipples this route is for those who primarily want to haul coal! The reason is fairly simple, there is so much coal-oriented industry in the simulation that you will have a never-ending variety of operations just getting hundreds of coal hoppers to and from the tipples, to the lower plants and to the yards and interchanges. This is an update of the Clinchfield TRS route which was last updated by Craig Hutchison (Momentum) in 2005. The original author of this route is John Keenan from TPR who has generously granted permission for me to update this route to current standards. My thanks to all the 3rd party content developers who make routes like this possible! A special thanks to Ben Dorsey for his custom content! Uses procedural track

with animated junctions. This is a multi-seasonal layout that has no Speed Trees. Minimum requirements are T:ANE with all hot fixes applied. To provide comments and feedback on the layout visit the Clinchfield official support thread on the Auran Forums at: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?104937-The-Clinchfield-official-support-thread."

Alright here we go to wondrous looking RR another GEM for sure.......It's a good size Route, compact with lots to do on it......

This is the MAP of it here......Very Mountainous as one would expect, beautifully detailed, Color Texture and Trees blended perfectly.

And the star of tonights show, will be the Rocky Mountainer Consist, brand spanking new and prettied up to play today, driven by a 30yr experienced Engineer with District Super looking things over....... that comes with TRS19......This train is coming through some heavy mountain terrain, carrying VIP's who want to see how the DAM Water Project is working, and see the Railroad in action, they'll be taking a tour of Coal Tipples and other Industry's here......They've heard good things about this Railroad, now they want to see if the Talk is Real or BS....I think it is very real as you will too, once you come to work in the City or on Railroad.........

Check at the Tree Colors and there is just the right amount here,,,,,,,Excellent placement.......

Down in the Valley, we slowly at 15MPH do a reverse movement to the end of this part of the Line......

Switches are set by local Dispatch here, and we are cleared to back in the last mile of Stub Track next to other Team Tracks for Coal loads........Nice Highways too, I see here........

I road in Passenger Cars like this up in Alaska off a Cruise Boat about 15 years ago, they were smooth cars, cushiony and they had a Bar Setup for Drinks on Trips like this........Way Cool I think......

Ah all the passengers enjoying the view of Massive Water Falls from the Dam here......It does make Electricity for the Town and Railroad Needs too.

A bit further to go here as we back into a bit of narrow canyon,,,so far, so good.........On the left of us , you can see the Power house and generators for DAM Electricity which is pumped out thru High 250KV lines that cross over us as we pass by......

A local here took a picture of us going by, the whole Town new this brand new Train was coming today........What a view for them, it usually long Coal Drags only coming thru here..........Like they say, good news travels fast,,,,,And it did here......

Last part of our consist is clearing the Deck Bridge here.....Running with 2 Engines, we needed the horsepower to get thru some of the mountain passes today......

And here is the best up, close and personal shot of our Train........We probably have to get this Baby a wash when were through with the Trip, which goes on for another week or so.........Hey, house those Steaks and Baked Potatoes coming along for tonight's onboard dinner?

Alright then, this will do for today,,,,I found a whole bunch of other Routes, Domestic and International, that I'm checking out,,,,,,Talk about a Kid in a Candy Store,,,,,,Yup,,,,,I qualify.......Tell what, I like this Route,,,,,A LOT.....!!!

Night now........

ROG's Hard Drive Surgury today and Andrushivka-Vinnitsa UZ Rte

Good Evening Folks,

Today is a very good day, now the Patient ASUS ROG has successfully come out of Hard Drive Surgery to remove Seagate 1 Terabyte Drive that just could not handle Read Writes for my needs.

He has now been outfitted with a Samsung that rolls 10x the speed VS Seagate 5400 RPM Drive....

Now not all is lost Mr Seagate, he will be pressed into service as a Trainz Dedicated Backup using Windows Sync, a small but very effective Software Program I've used for years and it has never let me down.........Speaking of Software programs, what really makes Samsung SSD sing to the hilt, is Samsung's Magician Software.......It is like Nitro to a Gas Engine.....

Now all that remains to be done is upgrade my NVIDIA late this year or next........I now have a very balance system.......2 SSD's onboard, one is M2......And 32 Gigs of RAM........I-7 Processor, and very intelligent MOBO system Fan that is intuitive towards proper Cooling when needed.....I saw this when the system was working hard doing the Cloning operation and every so often the Fan would speed up to cool of the Seagate Hard Drive, which was creating quite a bit of heat, now to speak with 2 SSD's the heat will be quite minimal....All good for a laptop where items are very close together, versus a Desktop........

Now will say one other thing, I had purchase Acronis Cloning Software to do the Samsung copy off my Seagate, and it took 4 Hrs to Clone 500 Gigs of Files. Then I had too grab a special Partitioning Software to fix the Drive Letter from E: to D: which Windows, couldn't or wouldn't do, because the change has to be done during the Reboot process....I had seen this years ago with a similar Drive Letter issue....

And Voila everything is in Sync now.........

But there's more, wait till I show the time it took to do a Database Rebuild with Trainz after optimizing my computer, you won't believe the difference in Score time, I was shocked, I had to look at it twice too believe my eyes.....

Look at this Benchmark.......Seagate runs at 1/10th of this..........Now you know why folks get excited over SSD's

Now this same Database Rebuild would take 7000 Secs or 111 Mins to complete......That'a unreal..........The figure speak for themselves........

Andrushivka-Vinnitsa UZ

We continue our Ride through the city here, it is a lovely route, so well done,,,,,,,,,,

Local traffic is backed up a little as we prepare to drive thru the Crossing......

Looking out thru are old Cab here, I enjoy operating these old timers to get a feeling how it once was before I was born in this world,,,,,,

Lots of Electrical Wires here........
ve whn
We come thru the City and now we head out into the Country..

Up above we cross over another main yard as we head out further in the country.........Nothing is mundane in any form or fashion, there are tracks going everywhere, lots of cool Track Puzzles to go through and operate...Can one get lost, oh ya you can, till learn the reins of this Route.........

We have come thru another Passenger Yard here as we continue out, and I didn't mention it, so I will now, the Signals on this Route are nothing short of Awesome, with some Bluish or Lunar aspects in key areas....And you know me, I like good Signals that show the Engineer what they need too operated safely, and this Route has it.....They did not miss a spot as far as I can tell......

Over view look here, as we head out to another section of this Route......Check it out if you like these type Routes........Well done and it will please....

I think I have yapped enough for this session,,,,take care, and thanks for dropping by.........

Big Rain has arrived and Baltimore to Cumberland Mega Route Pics

The Good Thursday all,

Looks like the first of 2 Rain events is on their way in now, gray clouds, and distant thunder just now too, but nothing like the Cold in the Midwest and further East.....We need to pray for these folks, as this is a deadly Polar Vortex cold descending on them.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-ab&q=midwest+polar+vortex

========================================
Today will discuss one Supersized Route,

jrfolco's "The Baltimore to Connellsville & West Mega Route" is a result of the merging of the WM & B&O Mega Route with the Baltimore to Cumberland Mega Route. The route includes the original Cumberland to Connellsville, and the Western Maryland Thomas Sub which were merged to form the WM & B&O Mega Route, and the Cumberland to Harpers Ferry, and Harpers Ferry to Baltimore routes which were merged to form the Baltimore to Cumberland Mega Route. Total main line trackage: 1107 Miles. The route has 11,605 baseboards, and covers 2,322 square miles. All content is DLS only. By opening the route in 'Content Manager/Show in Explorer', you can access and download 2 Trainz Map JPEGs of the route.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1&q=Baltimore+to+Connellsville+&+West+Route

This route is approximately 975 Megs or almost one Gig, you all know that is one huge Route, so if don't have a high end system, don't even bother to download it. For my system, which is moderate in size and speed, yes there are faster Laptops that can kick my behind, it does slow it down a bit. Especially with the amount of Trees it has on it,,,Now what I did, was cut the trees back by Bulk and Erase 20%-30% in selected areas of Route & still looks great for me.

Think about it now, this Route is 1107 mile long, and 2322 square Miles that is one hell of lot of Real Estate any way you slice the cookie. The fact that I can load it and play with it, is off the rector scale of Route Sizes I have ever downloaded. I recall barely trying to get by on 100-200 mile routes compared to this Mega 1107 Mile long Route!!! Now what I have to do, is see how much Rolling Stock I can run on this Route, and that is a big unknown for me...

But there is a solution to this if I find out it doesn't work to well?

Just download the smaller premerge routes of whatever ones there are on the DSL and link them by Portals at the appropriate connection points of the Route.

One thing to consider when your planning on a big idea, always have a Plan "B" ready so you do face total disappointment! I have tried to do that all my life. And life is what it is, you just need to try avoid the pitfulls.

Alright, so now we have discussed the physical size, We'll show some pictures, with the first 2 being area maps contained in the ASSET Directory as noted by jrfolco.......Kudos to you in this massive accomplishment sir!

Here is the first map of the area covered on this Route,,,,,,,Immense I would say,

This a good representation of the what the Route looks like......

We are headed out of one of the Yards here down to the Wharf area, Canton Chemical and Refinery areas.

Follow our Smoke trail here as we head to the docks,,,,,,

I really like how Jrfolco has mastered his tree placements here.....Really nice looking.........And not too much......

Signals are in our favor for now, as we near closer to the Port area.

The only thing I need to understand is how to correct this over illumination of the head light, and the Signals too????

Coming across the road and one car awaits our clearance, as we curve thru at 15 MPH.....

Passing thru another of many compact neighborhoods, nicely placed by the Author........

We didn't quite make the Wharf yet, but you'll see it in later pictures...........

OK I think we're good for the day, and it's off to working on Faulty/Missing Assets.

I just remembered,,I was reviewing my Pofig Trees and have to do replacements in more Routes than I want to think about. Never a boring day around here, LOL, but what I can't find yet is my list of all the Pofig's and their descriptions, I had in my notes somewhere???....

Do any of you know of List on conversions of Pofig's to like RMM's or I think Roy's or similar?

Of course I know I can just delete them from the Routes, but puts me at odds with a replanting session that, well, I don't always do a great planting job, like the more gifted members in this community........

If you could provide a link or two, I would be most grateful to you......?????

Have a good day all, and thanks for dropping in.

Thought for the Newbies / Kickstarter Pics

Good Saturday to all,

Wells it's raining Cats and Dogs over here, 2nd of 3 Storms.......It is really helping our Drought in the State.......We are grateful.......

Just a quick reminder for Newbies only, if you have lots of Faulty Assets in TRS19 and or T:ANE there is an easy and painless way to fix them, use the "Revert to Original" in your Content Manager, and it works fairly quick , your not doing anything to hurt the ASSET, as your resetting to it's Native configuration. I would say about 20% of mine did just that for me, and I didn't have to open up the config.txt peek in there to see what was wrong and then recommit the ASSET and pray a TRAINZ Prayer that it passes muster!

On the other side of the fence, I can open several Assets and do a Repair Textures in ASSET-X, and nothing else, problem solved, now other ASSETS have unfixable MESH errors, because of AGE and or Script errors in .gs file, out of my pay grade, since I don't make any Assets at this time....

And then there's the really simple one UNIFORM COLOR error, in ASSET-X simple to fix, with IMAGES prg.......

And I also use the Tardis Script in ASSET-X, it works about 60% of the time in fixing and cleaning up ASSETS, remember if it doesn't work, then REVERT the ASSET back to Original to see what happens, if it comes back Faulty, then delete it and be done with it....

Time is precious in our Life, and heaven knows, we use a fair amount in TRAINZ trying create, fix etc our wants and desires. YOu just need to look at the long scheme of things, I found a batch of 40 ASSETs I could not fix by one particular Author, Granted the Versions of 2.0 is old now since we have elevated to 4.6 Versions with the advent of TRS19, and I would expect too see 5.0 not to far out in our TRAINZ Platform Horizon.

Bottom Line it takes some serious tenacity with ASSETS for Repair, so one should pick and choose what is worth the extra invested time to repair said item. I like older items, due to some of them, no longer being created. If I can extend their life a bit longer, couple of years, then it is worth the trouble....However if they look bad, run crappy in Trainz after fixing them, then that's a third strike, worthy of the electronic Round File........

You have options in how you handle your ASSETS and your Routes, don't like them, make a decision that benefits you...........And by all means, keep up your continuing education.....This Forum is filled with great Threads on how to do things, and the Members here are well educated too assist.....When looking for information, use Key Words for Search items, and I know you Newbies are well educated using the WEB to find things, apply that knowledge here, read how this Forum Menu and Search Commands Work, and check out the help Threads for particular versions of Trainz. Don't be afraid to ask a question.....And finally, always be respectful of other members, we don't think alike, and we don't act alike.......If you practice this respect, you will gain respect, rather than trying to demand it.......

One last thing, you most likely make a Route or download one you like, that you would like to personalize:

Couple of things here to think about, the DSL is not a dumping ground for multiple copies of the same route. When your creating,or changing your Route, and you know it might take time and you want to save several revisions of it, try using a Thumb Drive or External Drive, for those extra copies of the Route, try and keep your Route Versions to a minimum, and by all means, if you put a Route on the DSL, make sure you give a good description of the route, so when others look at your Route with interest, they can tell what it is, type, size, Era etc, those little details are important.

I see lots of Routes/Assets uploaded on the DSL, with nothing written, or one or two words, I'm sorry but that doesn't cut it, and frustrates other users, if you went to the Store and saw a can of soup, and all the ingredients said, was "Vegetables", would you buy it????

I think not, you would like to see what else is in the Soup......One of our big problems is too many Files of the same thing which do not really need to reside there, we all need to try and help reduce the clutter when possible.

Please don't confuse this with Up Versioning of ASSETS and Routes, that need repair to work in newer versions of Trainz as new TRAINZ versions are rolled out........

So lets see some Photos: from Kick-starter, as our passenger Train continues up the grade.
We are headed to the terminus of this line, which I think I will extend out later once I get thru all these Bloody Faulty Assets....GRRRRRR.....

Our passenger Train is headed up the hill, and will just go few more miles into a Terminus point soon.

Coming thru a narrow Canyon between the Mountains......

Out of the Canyons here and were coming thru some Groves of Coconut Trees here and there......

And here we are at the end of the line, which I intend to stretch out into the far corners of this Route.Have go slow here, lots of folks standing on the tracks to watch our entry.....

This is our last bridge before we come to the Terminus up on the right along the hills.....About 2 miles further out of sight from here.

Nice view from above as we can see the Valley below......2% grade or more here, but no problem for this steam engine.

I forgot the Track splits up here, we have Industries and small rail yard on the other side.....I'm new to this Route and only done about 6 runs so,,,,,lots more to explore...

Scenery well laid out here.............Will

We have driven to end of this Siding, will cut the engine, pull forward to small turntable ahead, and you know the rest of the story......

And here we go, we have some observers who like to watch a nice looking Loc and Tender around for return trip to the City down in the Valley.....Usually 2 trains a day.

Thanks for dropping in folks........Enjoy your weekend..........

Back