Page 87 of 89 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1321

Thread: Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hiawathamr View Post
    Nice screenshots Blue!
    And thanks for doing another round of American mountains - always nice to see when someone is enjoying the content you made
    I see you haven't install AM v1.1 yet into Trainz. It does update quiet a few assets, reduces the number of items that needs to be downloaded, and updates the rolling stock and a few of its locomotives. Might be worth to check it out
    For the time being, taking a small break from creating new items, as this will give my brain time to recharge and think of another route project to work on.

Take care, and stay safe as this nasty thing goes around the world.

cheers
    Thank you Sir,

It is wonderful Route to play on, and I have lots of Sessions you made to do it too! The color contrast is extraordinary , I like it a lot, and all your foliage is unique without particular pattern, I can see you spent quite bit of fair time making this one. Bravo.....

As for the Virus, I pray for the world, this is one of those things I have read about in historical sense, now we need to be smart, prudent and on our Game, as we have quite ways to go.

May the Lord look over us for unknown Road we travel ahead.......

Peace to you and those you love.

Lightbulb Alma and American Mountains discussed with hint of Computer Backup

Good day all,

Well I received my Second SSD from Crucial, 2 Terabyte and it just works, excellant.....No issues so far. I did have to do a couple of CDP re installs to Trainz, about 4 lost Assets, but no biggy ,,I have backups, so just have to do a Search and we are good to go......

Will continue on with American Mountains RR as we continue the Coal and Oil Session.
    ================================================== ===================================
    Ok before we goto tonights Photo's lets discuss some potentially painful issues with Computers, as most of you know, I have been playing around, with Computers since 1970 Tandy TR-99 Radio Shack era, in some cases before you were Born, with that said, I have my issues like all of you, Blown Hard Drives, Burned up AMD CPU Chips, Blown Video Cards (heat issues) and a static shorted out Motherboard (users error, no wrist strap for grounding static electricity). What is all the point of this past erata, you learn by your mistakes, painfully and Mother Experience will get your attention and your hard earned money.

Great, Now lets just gloss over a couple of basics to save yourself some unneeded grief:

Backup of your data is in my opinion #1 Priority, you backup what is needed, and what your can't afford to lose, simple right......You need 3 copies to do it right......One on External Hard Drive, one in Cloud and one in location that is not your house........

Next most of you should be able to change out Hard Drives and Video Cards fairly easy today, if not get yourself a good and reliable Computer person, be it a friend or a Computer Shop.

If your like me, a Geek in Technical World, take your time and do the work yourself, but make sure you learn how to do it right, absolutely no shortcuts.

Why do I say all this, I have read all the horrer stories in this and other Forums, about lost or corrupted Routes, in some cases years of huge built Routes, years of dedication labor that is gone, never retrivable again. What a terrible heartbreak.

Has it happened to me, yes Folks, you bet your Skippy it has.

I lost if I recall, back in TRS12 Trainz, 10-13 Months worth of Route I had been working on. Sure I was able to rebuild it, one of reasons why, I had quite a few Photos of my work. Was I upset, you better belief it, for probably a week, I kicked myself several times, for not backing up my data properly.

Was that the last time it happened, answer NO,

Because Windows Disk write Errors did me in again years later, about a year ago. Only this time, I lost couple of weeks, because to my dismay, my shorter term copies of Marias Pass, which I had been building a Mine Pit and several other areas was corrupted in layers.....That's when I found out my backup program, CARBONITE was affecting continuity of TRS2019 File save operations, giving me CTD (windows crash to desktop) Windows and other co currently running Software do not play nice, one of them acts like a playground Bully, taking memory it shouldn't have causing your Hard Drive to struggle for consistant Drive Read and Writes. And Windows has it own set of issues, you know it, and I know it......At this stage of Game, actually for years, I do not ever 100% Trust Windows, I have been burned before!!!

Bottom line, now when I work in Trainz for Route Building merges etc, I have my WEB turned off, and all non-essential Win programs closed, so Trainz Game has exclusive control of computer RAM, HD etc when I do Route Work......If I am playing with Trainz running Sessions whatever, then this is not an issue on Disk Writes.

Bottom line, I too have learned the hard way by experiencing Software and Hardware issues.....

You just need to figure out, how much information (Files, Programs etc) you can afford to lose....It is always your choice!!!

One last thing, I would suggest folks, you be aware of a term in computers, and other things too, MTBF, or another way, "Mean Time Between Failure", it is a measurement of what based on suggested mechanical number assigned to Computer Equipt, that tells us how long something should last before it Fails....With Hard Drives being the most important.....For those who play with Metals, it is Metal Fatigue before a catastropic break in Metal Frames, like Cracks, IE Air Craft is one.

Finally the last thing,

Computers do not like Heat, it will wear and degrade your electronic componets eventually causing them to fail, especially your Cell Phone, carried in Pockets next to your 98.6 degree body, Cell Phone Batteries can get quite heated, thus reducing the life of your Cell Phone, and I do think Cell Phones, or Small portable computers they are more than a phone, are very expensive these days....Well North of 1000$ dollars.....I once almost got a fire going in my pocket, because I forgot I was carrying my Cell Phone and not using some sort of leather carrier. And I knew better, what did happen, I had to replace the Cell Phone Battery a few months later......We have all seen what happens when Cell Phones over heat from lack of proper ventilation.......It aint pretty.....

Make sure you dust off and blow out the accumulated Dust buildup in your Computer, Laptop or Desktop, it happens to all, and that will help keep your computer running Cooler.........Once every year, or every 6 months is better, if your dust buildup is worse......

As I sit typing this now, I am backing up my whole User Directory to external Disk, as I am installing Windows Feature update today.

I hope this helps a little.......

Now lets get to the Pictures for today......

From Alma Route were running a Silica Sand Train.....

Full length view of our heavy, and I mean heavy Sand Train, anyone tries to beat a Crossing in front of us, well, you know, they'll be turned into Pancake at the least.......

Were headed to higher elevation as we take this Tunnel Northbound.

We cleared the Tunnel, took a loop around track as we keep headed up a 2-3% Grade, train handling is very important here, proper Slack, no broken Knuckles if we can help it. Keep enough air pressure, so when we hit a downngrade, our Brakes will work for us. On the way up, we picked up another helper, as one of our units was not working at full power, now we have the ppwer to safely negotiate the last part og our trip.

On another side of the Route, working a Log Train here if I remember correctly, been testing lots of Trains, and doing a little Signal Tweaking.

American Mountains our Coal Run is still in action here. As we pull up to switch and cut out the Oil Tankers to get them filled at the Refinary.

Earlier we passed across a Lake Bridge.

We cleared the Oil Refinary and have our Coal Gons headed up to the tipple for a Coal Fill up..

And here is the main entrace to the Coal Mine Tipple.

That'll do,,,,off and running, thank you for dropping by.

Blue my friend, I am glad to see that you are well although if you can, just leave your house only for what is strictly necessary. I also hope that your whole family is well.

Very good advice about backups; it is better to waste some time than to regret later.

Hugs and greetings to Mrs. Blue.

Javier

United States of America, Wisconsin, Wisc Rapids
    Blog Entries

Neat screenshots Blue!
    And that's always something that can't be stressed enough - always make backups, and then test the backups once a while to make sure you can restore, as you don't want to lose everything, and then find out you can't restore the files because of who knows why.
    As what IT people say - a backup isn't a backup until you test it, else its just a waste of space.

Quote Originally Posted by blueodessey View Post
    Thank you Sir,

It is wonderful Route to play on, and I have lots of Sessions you made to do it too! The color contrast is extraordinary , I like it a lot, and all your foliage is unique without particular pattern, I can see you spent quite bit of fair time making this one. Bravo.....

As for the Virus, I pray for the world, this is one of those things I have read about in historical sense, now we need to be smart, prudent and on our Game, as we have quite ways to go.

May the Lord look over us for unknown Road we travel ahead.......

Peace to you and those you love.
    Thank you - glad you are enjoying the route
    I also made the route special as you can run passenger, switch out the industries or at the yards, make local runs, run mainline freight, etc - a very special route
    As for the virus, same here. I'm hoping that this will soon pass by so everything can return back to normal, as this is just crazy on how everything is going...

Anyway, take care to both yourself and Mrs. Blue.

Cheers

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by fant_autentico View Post
    Blue my friend, I am glad to see that you are well although if you can, just leave your house only for what is strictly necessary. I also hope that your whole family is well.

Very good advice about backups; it is better to waste some time than to regret later.

Hugs and greetings to Mrs. Blue.

Javier
    Hello Fant,

Thank you for concerns,

Our country is going to be worse with the onset of this horrible Virus, so yes, I am staying put, except for Food or Medical needs...Blessings to you and those you love........

The better side of this situation, people are finally listening and coming together to beat this horrible Virus.....Now time will tell as we wait in our homes for better days ahead.

Hugs to you my friend, as I pray for the whole world during this very difficult time.

================================================== =======

Hello hiawathamr

Thank you for the kind comments, and me and Mr's Blue are hunkering down, we are hoping to find some Toilet Paper and Paper Towels maybe?

Went to 6-8 stores today, not a good scene with many shelf's completely cleared out from panic buying and or hogging in several cases. My hope is this situation will normalize a little......

Now we have lines waiting to get into Stores, part of the reason is physical spacing 6 feet distance to hold down cross infection of this Virus........

Take care my Friend.

Lightbulb Prayers are sent to all affected by Covid-19

Good Day all,

First and formost, this is a very tough and scary time for America, and the World with Covid-19 running around, with that I pray for the World, you, and ask the Lord to keep watch and help us try to get thru this very rough Storm we are facing......

Been going around trying to support our local Restaurants who are having a really tough time trying to stay in business, this is one of those times when the Community can come together in numbers and show their Strength and resolve to support by patrinizing these little mom and pop places........

Now I fixing and trying to get some much needed maintenance on our Home. When you live in a House, your never really finished trying to keep it livable, there is always something to fix, paint Etc.

Now over to Trainz:

Here are a few shots on single test Tile with the Setting Sun, it just happened to work out this way as I ran a new Steamer I got ahold of.....

Coming round the been with a good head of Steam showing.....

Further away and the Sun is almost set....

Sun is set and as we see a long Steam Train running the Training and Test Track here, to make sure everything is working, I do a lot of testing on this and 3 other small track plans...

Hmmmm.....Watch your speed around edge here, its a very long ways to the bottom..

Diesel and Steam having a quite conversation, wondering which Route they will land on, truth is, I don't know either.....

Famous UMR2020 Route MAP, this is really terrific Route, has plenty of Line Running, lots of Nooks an Crannies to poke in and do some shunting. I encourage you to check this Route, it well made......Check it out Folks.......As well there are several previous versions to chose from too, I think back to TANE?

Playing in the Alma Lake Rail Yard here.....Plenty to do.....I changed a few Tracks and Signals.
    Absolutely stunning Route.

Local power is running thru, getting a little Oil and some other quick items, it has its Consist, that just got their 90 Day Maintenance done behind these Switchers, it's a good day.....Now lets get going and not spend too much time in Maintence Building.

Peace and Prayer to all........Thank you for coming by.......

United States of America, Wisconsin, Wisc Rapids
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueodessey;1801611

[I

Hello hiawathamr

[/I]Thank you for the kind comments, and me and Mr's Blue are hunkering down, we are hoping to find some Toilet Paper and Paper Towels maybe?

Went to 6-8 stores today, not a good scene with many shelf's completely cleared out from panic buying and or hogging in several cases. My hope is this situation will normalize a little......

Now we have lines waiting to get into Stores, part of the reason is physical spacing 6 feet distance to hold down cross infection of this Virus........

Take care my Friend.
    Your welcome.
    That's great news to hear that you and Mrs. Blue are doing well - especially during this crazy time in history.
    Yesterday I was lucky to get 3 packages of TP, since we had only 1, maybe 2 rolls remaining, and have several rolls of paper towels.
    I will agree, as a few weeks back, went to 20 different stores, just to see they didn't had TP.
    So far I haven't had to wait in lines to get into the store, but then again, I only live in a small city and not the large cities that I'm used to...

Also, nice screenshots and descriptions - thanks for sharing

Stay safe; cheers

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

Lightbulb

Good evening all, prayers around for you and your families as we are bad situation now with more cases developing each day for Covid-19. This is one time of your life that'll be quite significant, as we wait thru these time periods to see when this Nasty little Virus tops out, and things start to look better. For now, we need to support one another the very best we can.

I have been busy trying to shop and get enough Food Supplies and other things, one day at Costco, I had to wait in line for 3 hours, fortunately I was able to find some Toilet Tissue and couple of other things, on that day, there was probably 600-700 customers standing in line waiting patiently as well. I have heard this is a familiar scene in many other areas too.

Unfortunately for me, California is now one of those high ranking Covid-19 Case Hotpots, as well as New York and some others, this will be a sure test of Skills to gain a grip over Covid-19.....

This week Beaches and other areas of interest where closed down, to help mitigate the further spread of this Virus.

As well, I applaud all the First Res-ponders, Hospitals, Police, Fire and Trucking Association, Food Co's and Markets that are working long hours to get us thru this Pandemic.......

My Hope is we learn some things to help us, when another Pandemic comes, hopefully not in my Lifetime.

In the mean time, I have tasked myself with getting some much needed Maintenance and old Projects not completed around the house, a good source of time and diligence as my family spends time home. I took an old, probably 30yrs at least, Wheel Barrow apart, and replaced the Wood Handles, Changed out the Rotted old, cracked almost broken Wood Handles and under-frame pinning. Power Sanded all the Rust off of the Metal Barrow part, it was incredibly well made. And is quite thick gauge of Metal, Very heavy, but will handle any load, dirt, Concrete etc, except I have changed the Rubber Tire 4 Times, probably because of Sun Rot, which I have decided to build a Shed, where it will be kept out of the Heat and Rain Periods. Should do real well for the new wooden handles.

What I didn't cover, I have to Ping out the interior side of the Barrows Walls, too remove some hardened Concrete that has built up over the years, it will take some gentle knocking of the hammer, so as not to distort the Metal walls, more than what they are......Just takes a little more time and patience. What I am saying to you, take each day as it is, and try to enjoy something, to give your mind a little relaxing as we try to get thru this tough time. We all have different ways of relaxing. This is my way.

I think about all of you here in the forum, and pray to God, that you'll be OK and get thru this tough time......

Over to Trainz, here are some pictures of Freight movement thru the Grannis area, Alma's Route....Thank you Sir Dave Snow, speaking of whom, I hope you are on the Road to Recovery my friend, I so enjpy all the Routes and Assets you have made over the years.....

Here are the pictures:

We even brought a working Steam Shovel too....Someone here ordered it to be transferred over for some Digging......

Check out our POW Caboose, a very stark memory of my Teen Age years. Some never came back from Vietnam War........

Headed to Air Force Base to pick up Loads and drop off some....

Are Air Force Sentry watches all movement from Lookout Tower.....

Empty Freight Cars are waiting for pickup......

Air Force job completed and we are to our next way point......

Folks please forgive me if I talked too much, but I just felt I needed to convey my feelings to you all......

Thanks for dropping in, my the Lord look over each and every one of you......Peace

Lightbulb Snyder Merge Power Moves

Good Wednesday to all,

I'm trying to be positive during this dreadful Virus infection we all face. I say a prayer everyday for the my Family and that of the whole world during these uncertain times.

Been busy fixing an old Wheelbarrow, so I could make some concrete repairs, almost good as new, except the Wheel Axle needs some new shims to keep the Tire centered, other than that my Wheelbarrow is much better shape than it has been in the last 30yrs......It was great day to due our concrete repairs when my broken Plumbing Pipe needed to be installed due to pipe old age and breakage, a very costly repair in the 1000's.

It is spring time, weather for once is still cool, not to warm for this time of the year, but I will hold my breath, as we have gone from 50 or 60 degrees in 3-4 days to 85-95 degrees. Which is no fun for me, others might like the heat, as for me, not so much after having 2 Sun strokes and one heat related illness. My body does not do well in heat, been that way since I was born, a family trait of one my parents. Cold weather no problem....Just one of those life issues you have to adjust too......

So for Trainz, not a lot going on, since I have been very busy with Roofing, Plumbing, and Gardening repairs around with Mr's Blue helping me out, and giving me some great ideas on improvements.

Tonight will look at some Merge Route Pics on Snyder and East West lines.

A load of mixed freight headed downtown for Points East of here.

Some leased SP Power working our Customers and headed over to Locomotive Shop for 90day maintenance window checkup.

Inside one of these old Reliable Beasts, everything works, so much different from the newer Cabs, a little noisier, but that is OK, they good horsepower and rarely if ever break down, well, we have good equipment maintenance too.

An ATSF Unit headed in too pickup some cars.

Our newly installed Locomotive Fueling facility, I think this isn't going to be large enough for our Locomotives, I might have to find an additional site for more Locomotive Maintenance and fuel needs. Looks like one for the bucket lists.

Another set of ATSF Power has brought in our Rosters of Leased Units, looks like 15-20 units, sounds like a lot, been when you stack 3-4 units for heavy Freight, they go fast.

Looks like a Storm is almost on top of us, hope we get all these Locos put away before the weather gets nasty. No we don't stop our work, Rain or Snow the Railroad will keep on the move........Funny thing the last few days, we got some calls from Homeowners asking about all the New Locomotives comeing in (Power Move) we told the our concerned residents, the Railroad is growing, and so is our customer base, we didn't have enough power for all our new Rail Customers. Especially the new Beer and Frozen Food Plants, along with a new Creamory. All good business for Railroad.

Another new set of Power is coming in today.

A MOW Consists passes us on Main #2, we await clearance from interlocker 08 Signal. Looks like one of the Locals is ahead of us making some switching moves.

Our new Engine Fuel and Sand Facility, (OOPS) think I need to check up on the not installed Sanders, get right on that. I'm looking real close here, hope I can drop in another Service Spur here too make more room for our newly leased Loco's.

I think that'll do for now, thank you for coming by. May the lord look over each and every one of you during this most challenging time we face......Amen

Lightbulb Routes Downloaded recently,, Alma Pictures

A blessed Friday to all,

Hoping that everyone is doing OK. It's been Raining like Cats and Dogs this whole week, and we are grateful, since our State was in 50% Drought, now our Rainfall has brought us up 65% of Normal Rain. In fact I think we are breaking some rainfall records too.

Other than that, have been working in the Garden and around the yard removing those pesky Weeds we all get when Spring shows up.

Since it is raining so much, I decided to go Route hunting, and I came across interesting Routes to add to my collection......Some are older and some are quite new, all really nice to run on. Some have missing Assets but will make do.

<kuid:884720:100349> BCSJ-508
    <kuid:793180:103212> CSX Black Creek Sub
    <kuid:439337:100859> New England Coastal
    <kuid:471011:100166> Patriot River Lines- Tetris Challenge
    <kuid:471011:101315> Patriot River Lines V2.1
    <kuid:457919:100391> WhiteshoreFinal

With that will swing over to Alma Route from Sir David Snow......

Nothing like doing some Cruising and Fishing a bit on natural River way......This Route has Boat tracks everywhere, so you can literally go boating instead of Trainzing, stop your Boat near one of tracks, and pick up a passing train......Very Cool.

Local Air Force base Freight passing thru headed to points West of here.

Headed thru the back country on a Return Loop from the Air Force Base. Everything looks so nice on this Route, Sir Dave has a flair for great scenary. Looks as natural and proparly placed as you could expect.

Mixed Power Pool pulling a Silica consists.

A view from the just behind our lead units, looks like a lot of greenery ahead.

Easing thru the Crossing as we head down hill about 1.5% or better downgrade.

A larger overview from the top here showing part of the large return loop from Air Force Base line.

Back over at the main yard, looks like our Cattle cars are cleaned up and ready to haul some Livestock Meat to Market.

A heavy Boxcar Consists headed into Tunnel for Industrial Plants.

This part of the Alma Route, just wanted to show how much River runs over/under and around the RR Tracks. You can have lots of fun on Alma, and there are Planes, Heliocoptors to fly around the Route as well. What more could you ask for, Boats, Trains and Planes on this one.....

With that, our next 1-2 Months is probably going to be quite a Game Changer for everyone. We say a prayer for all in our Country and abroad, that we can get thru this horrible Virus Pandemic.

Peace be with you.

Dear Blue, when I read your post here on the forum I'm glad because that means you're fine.

A question about train movements, when you send a train from point A to point B, does the AI ​​put the signals and switchers in position or do they have to be done "by hand" beforehand?. It may seem like a silly question but I hardly ever use the train.

Please take good care of yourself and don't go outside except for the essentials; If you run out of masks or you can't find them, surely you have one of those masks that give on the air lines to sleep and that you can use as a mask for your nose and mouth.

Hugs from your friend Javier

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by fant_autentico View Post
    Dear Blue, when I read your post here on the forum I'm glad because that means you're fine.

A question about train movements, when you send a train from point A to point B, does the AI ​​put the signals and switchers in position or do they have to be done "by hand" beforehand?. It may seem like a silly question but I hardly ever use the train.

Please take good care of yourself and don't go outside except for the essentials; If you run out of masks or you can't find them, surely you have one of those masks that give on the air lines to sleep and that you can use as a mask for your nose and mouth.

Hugs from your friend Javier

Glad to hear from you,

I do my best to stay put, only go out for Food n Gas, that's it.........So far so good, none in family have gotten afflicted with this Corona, other than Nasty Migraine to one of my Grand Kids, and today after 2 days of headaches they are getting better. Ironically we had some masks for painting and dust, so I do use them. All we can do is put our best foot forward and hope for the best.....

For AI the way I understand, when you give command to travel to a certain point on your Route, AI will, should, I am being conservative,,because AI can act like a Child, but it is supposed to"

Find the shortest clear distance between to points

A clear route to designated point.

Then swing Switches and clear lights to progress.

When it works, AI looks like a Genius, when one or two things interfere, sometimes AI gets lost and takes a time out.......(You say what just happened) and get really frustrated.......If this makes sense, it's pure logic, everything has to work correctly.

But it could be many things.........Hope this helps you.........I try to use AI when possible to see how well my Signals and Switches are setup, and other things, it helps me see how important it is when I lay tracks, and what works and what does not.....

Hugs and prayers to you my friend,,,,, And for the whole world..........I think the hardest thing about this Corona was when I heard that a 1 year old Baby had passed from Corona........Those are the things that hurt.........

Lightbulb

It's Wednesday evening,

Today was the warmer than it has been in quite some time, 80 Degrees, decided to take advantage and accomplish some more work in our Yard. Because we might get a chance of Rain over the weekend.

In the meantime, I have been fooling around with older Boston, New Haven and New England area Routes, and one of the many caused an issue. The Route pictured below is extremely long, and when you try to edit it, the last 1/2 can be viewed in Map View, but when you go down to edit, you the Route layer is out of Focus, if you can see anything at all, it is only the round track Spline points. What is happening the Route is single tiles for to long of distance and my Graphics Card cannot render it for some reason, so apparently when a Large Route is more consolidated width wise it works OK, because I have Routes over 100-200 miles and they render out OK. I think this Route is 300 Miles long, if that is possible.....Interesting that I ran across this situation. The next two pictures show how this Route looks..........

This was the largest picture I could get, this is only 1/2 the size of the Route.

The other thing I found, that may have contributed to the problem, the Tracks had Spline Guide markers every Tile, and I think it was just too many Spline Points like using long Plant Splines. It over whelms my Graphics Card.

This Route is medium size Route in NG, looks very interesting, and I think I will merge it with one of my other Routes later on. Have a bit of Transparency with this older Building and Tree Asset Spline, but I may just add some better trees next to the ones that are not quite clear....Will see how it works out.

New Hope and Old Haven NG Scenic R (3)

"New Hope and Old Haven Narrow Gauge Scenic Railway is a very nice railroad. Take a ride in a beautiful valley surrounded by giant trees, plains with farmland and a slow moving river, and a desert to finish it off. Its starts in New Hope and winds its way through the mountains and deserts to Old Haven.

Requires Rollins Pass Objects from Trainzitallia and Prowler901's D&RGW Watertank"

This is Desert part of Route (downtown area) and higher Mountain passes in the back, very nicely done, I have not ran any NG yet, just did a flyover to see how things lay out here. It is a keeper, and I like it....4 missing Assets, but those are mentioned in Author's Notes as Trainzitallia and Prowler Assets......

Here is the Map of overhead view......Looks to be around 60 or less.

Over on Dave Snow's Alma Route, I need to adjust my water height, I changed a couple of things, and probably miss leveled the Water during a change I made in the River.

And some Merge Route pictures:

My Little Smoky's here pulling some empty Gons.

These little guys, are geared low if I recall, they work real nice for pulling heavy cars, like Ore Gon's

This is a lift bridge for Traffic, I like lit Red and Green Water Guides for Boat Traffic.

That'll do for today, thanks for coming by and please stay safe out there.

Lightbulb

Good Morning all and blessed and hopefull Sunday for all as we continue to weather thru this Pandemic.

Other than a Optic Migraine for one of my Grand Kids, which may have been caused by over using Computer and not getting enough breaks for movement? It is tough on Kids just like Adults when they cant physically visit their Friends, Zoom helps a lot, but is not 100% replacement. Glad to have it though.

So we have been a Planting, cleaning out our Garage, and some rooms in the house. Mr's Blue asks me, how in the !@#$%^ did we get all this Junk.....LOL...... I tell her, from in-laws and Parents that have passed away and us probably shopping too much!!!!

So now we are headed into that, if we didn't see it or use for a couple of years, it is time to say so long, donate, throw out, give to another person etc, oh that's write, we cannot donate right now......Because none of the Charities will accept anything till we get out of this Pandemic Mess.......Can't wait.....Anyway, things are looking better as we do a much needed cleanup and head towards a more minimalistic lifestyle.......

Me and Mr's Blue are hobbyists and tinkerers we like to fix and design things for different purposes and gift giving. Keeps the mind fresh, and as some of you know, the older you get, the slower you think and move to some extent.....

So on to Trainz,

I have been up to no good this week, playing around with New Haven, New England Routes off of DSL.....A partial map of the area in which I am looking over so I get better acquainted with this areas Routes, so I can see how the States are related to each other for location names......I have only visited the East Coast twice in my lifetime, since we have in-laws in Boston area. Must say, the Fish tastes excellent there.......Was lots of fun, but extremely cold in the Winter compared to So California......Bone Chilling Cold in the 20-30's when we went....LOL

One of the Routes I found some severely stapled RR Tracks.

Lets see if you can count how many Circles in this one tile for couple of Tracks and Highway, I can't figure out why this is done this way, and it really will hurt your performance in this Route. I don't see any appreciable rise or fall of the ground where these Tracks lay. So what I did was remove 80-90% of these splines and just put a few of Splines where needed to keep the lay of directional curve.....

Another Picture here of way over stapling the Tracks and Roads......I lost count of all the Splines, must be a few 100 or more......I like the Route, but will need to reduce the over use of Spline Stapling here.

This is a different Route, but thing here is, there must be over 100 Miles of main Freeway above ground highway here with 4 track main, because the highway has close piers coming down from the Freeway it kills my Frame Count, and line of vision, so you only see a bit of freeway, as you scan the Route, the Freeway keeps building out.......Now I must say, I run on Laptop, and use only 4 Gigs of Video Ram, for NVidia card, others have much newer and more powerful GPU's but I don't want to have a heat or battery issue with too much Video Ram, so 4 Gigs does fairly well, but with certain routes, it slows appreciably......
    With this Route, I will cut the freeway to bridges over Roads and Water only when needed. This help Frame Rates for me. Also, I wouldn't run a 4 Track main, except as a approach to Main Yards and enter changes, this 4 Track main runs almost the whole Route. I can run 3 Track Mains, but 4 is too much, and I find a buffer of 2-3 Track mains works great for my needs and GPU....I use a Gt x 1050 Ti card.

On the straight runs, on every tile, there was small double Spline couple of feet apart, I think was used for 1/10 mile markers. When I delete the tiles to cut this 300 mile Route down, I would have small stubs of Track left over, so had to put back blank tile to get stub hanging in mid air deleted OK.....

Here is a better picture of the stub section, and the Route also had a Signal on each end of the tile, which puzzles me, when you consider the amount of tiles involved on 300 Mile Route,,,,,,So this was another reason, I needed to cut out this long runs.......Another reason, the tiles are single width, I like 2-3 tiles width on all areas, simply due to way the Sky and edges look on single tiles end to end look,,,,I know I can backdrops and Trees buildings etc, but for me, I prefure 2 or more tiles width, depending on what I am doing on the Route......

On long straight runs similar to this, I will have my signals spaced 4-6 miles apart, sometimes 10 miles apart depending on single or double track usage, everyone has there own likes for Signal use....

Picture here showing track stub left after deleting Tile......

This is a 3 tile small Route with Boston Station and Engine Maintenance yard.....Nice layout of Facilities and switching tracks. I will use this for some of my other Routes too......Nice to merge, Elevation is near Zero.....

This is what is left of near 300 Mile Route that was probably 6 screens wide if not more. Their were too many long straight runs between the main cities, and my Video card could handle the whole Route, so I cut and pasted, deleted long Runs, and general demo of Route, and making it to fit my needs. It's WIP, just something to have fun with. Brown colored Tiles are new ones for now. I need to do some more filling in on ends, or one end.......

Boat ride anyone.....This is from Sir Dave's Snow's beloved Alma Route.......I think it is a beautiful and vibrant day here on the River as we slowly cruise through the miles and miles of Riverfront property.

And that folks is my little story for today, take care, stay safe, and lets hope the days ahead will be better.......May God Bless and keep you all OK.......

Hi Blue, I like the last route you showed.
    I have opened a thread where I explain something that may be helpful to you.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...hy-for-rookies

Hugs and take care.

Javier