Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Wyandette Transfer meets Tidwater (Merged) & Watseka & Kankakee Railroad join in.

Good Saturday all,

Hope everyone had a good week, and got to see some of the Olympics this week Etc. Amazing Sports for sure.

Alright, so I have been looking at some of smaller Routes I downloaded in the last month, thought where might I add these into some of the Routes I merged where they wouldn't be to large for my Laptop to handle.

The latest one is Wyandette Transfer......Small and compact so I added onto Portland Terminal end of the Route, but on the left side of Tidewater Main Lines, and added two new Tiles, because you know our little friend, ELEVATION, came into the picture with about 50 feet lower on the 178" to 230" approx. Been there! Done that!

Again if you want it to happen, then make a way for it to work, with that said, it doesn't guarantee it will, and there have been times when I merged something, textured it out, tracks glued together, and then after running trains, or taking a second look, I'm just fooling myself, this does not gel or resonate with me,

We cut it out and move on.

Feeling bad, well, yes and no, mixed feelings for sure! if I didn't try it out, then I would have said, should have, could have, why didn't I.........At least I know I did put forth the effort. In fact I was fooling around with a Route a week ago, not mine, and it had several areas where texture was way to dark for liking, but also the Terrain just didn't work for me either. I worked on it for a few nights, and on the third night, I took a second hard look, decided, it is going to take way too many changes to make it the way I think it should look for my tastes. Just not worth it........For the record there was nothing wrong with this persons route, I just couldn't get into the style and Colors used. The other factor here, I have plenty, more than enough cool routes to play with, so I deleted the Route and one other smaller route off my Game..........

OK so with elevation issue, by adding the new Tiles, making a gradual winding new main line connection, we keep the Gradient % at 1.2 to 3% max. Add some hills, a Tunnel, and redo the large River in Tidewater side, and it looks really nice. I don't have the pictures yet, but will post later so you can see what I did.

Maple Branch(Tidewater Division)+Portland Terminal now adding Wyandette Transfer Railroad:

Once a stand alone industrial railroad located in Wyandotte, Michigan this railroad is serviced now by Conrail Shared Assets (NS or CSX). The BASF Plant in Wyandotte produces many automotive related products. Lots of chemicals in and out as well as auto dashboards, polyurethane parts, sound and shock adsorbing materials. This was once service by the DT&SL (later Grand Trunk Western) and Michigan Central (NYC) before the PC and Conrail eras. It is now serviced by weekly and sometimes daily trains that interchange on the 'ditch track' after which local plant switchers take over. There are two SW type switchers that work the BASF Plant.

Below here is Tidewater to Portland Terminal on new main line......I built more Mountains than were here originally, but more work is needed, so this is WIP.

We using a Monolith Switcher to test out the new runaround tracks, we are slowing down here, since some cars parked right on the new Track, (actually I placed them there before the Tracks came in).......

Looking from the backside, here, we run around the new track, and you can really see how large this manufacturing (Portland Terminal) really is. Recall this area on Green Texture was full of Trees, it will get Trees back, but sparingly otherwise Frame rates for me will suffer greatly. It's a balancing act for sure with my lame GPU.......

These tracks had to repositioned, now clearance and overhang will be within normal tolerance for Trains.

Just showing how I do some of re positioning buildings in concurrence with Doors and Boxcar alignment by using Ruler below, to get everything in alignment. Most of this area will need realignment, mostly due to having to raise this whole area up 200 feet higher...........Cost of doing merging biz, and I'm OK with it.

OK, I wanted to see what this Route was all about, it's good size, and has some very large Car Yards for sorting.

Watseka & Kankakee Railroad:

The Watseka & Kankakee Railroad is a fictional granger division road of a Class I railroad set in America's prairie heartland with 20 miles of East-West single track and 43 miles of North-South double track and a fully functional classification hump yard based on the UP's Livonia yard at the junction. AMTRAK also uses this route and runs passenger trains on it twice daily. Contains 274 baseboards and uses the LARS BI2 industry track system. Among the various industries are an open pit coal mine, auto assembly plant, several grain storage facilities, a small refinery, and a power plant just to name a few. This layout is a greatly updated and enhanced version of the original December 2004 layout of the same name by George Fisher (AKA gfisher) and with his permission. My thanks to the original author for allowing me to do this! Lots of scenery and attention to detail so this layout will require a computer with very good graphics handling capability. Thank you to the many third party creators who make routes like this one possible. Setting is 1980s or later. This is a multi-seasonal layout. Uses procedural track with animated junctions. There are no SpeedTrees. Minimum requirements are T:ANE with all hot fixes applied. To provide comments and feedback on the layout, visit the Watseka & Kankakee Railroad official support thread on the Auran Forums at: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...amp-Kankakee-Railroad-official-support-thread

Here is one of the largest Rail Yards in this route, and I don't know if I can use this Yard with my laptop, will see? Track work is excellent.

Visual picture of same yard. Take a look at how nice the Rails are aligned, kudos to the Author of this route. Lot of Quality work here.........Nothing is crowded together, it is all laid out with means and purpose, when you build your routes, and it has happened to me several times, you do not allow enough work space, and later when you try to crunch things in, then it gets interesting, or lets say the difficulty factor goes up, to sometimes impossible to do what you want to accomplish.

I really like this compact Refinery here too. Looks like some old SP Short Hoods, I think, are switching tankers out here.

Here is another key element in designs that work, Follow the River on right, can you see where it ends, are the trees too dense, nope, and this part of the Route, the Tiles are only 2 wide. for me, I don't like to see rivers drop off into oblivion, it loses the reality effect on your route, that's just my opinion, so with this view, it is wondering and magical qualities for the viewer as you operated your trains.

Alright, I think we covered enough here for today.......

Thanks for dropping in my friends.

Last edited:
Wild Bill Route comes in several Flavors

Good Monday Morning all,

While looking for some Wild Flowers, I found out to my surprise that, that Wild Bill had several Routes in different Sizes, that you can put together any way you like, or as he has detailed on his instructions.. And I really like his Narrow Gauge work, so I thought I would Post the different ones here to see and read about.

Wild Bill "Basic"

This route is based on John D'Angelos very fine Black Canyon Narrow gauge route. It is a fictional run through the Colorado Rockies. Mostly an end-to-end route, with facilities for turning at each end, but you can also add other modules (when I get them made) at various points in the route. Each module is/will be fully functional in itself. I have left out any rolling stock so that you can add what you wish - I highly recommend the D&RG 2-6-0's by Elvenor.

Wild Bill "EAST"

This route attaches to the layout Wild Bill BASIC at the 'East' marker east of Como. It extends the line to Anton, where the narrowgauge meets the standard gauge line.

Wild Bill "II"

This route is a complete version of Wild Bill + each of the four directional modules. It is a fictional run through the Colorado Rockies. Mostly an end-to-end route, with facilities for turning at each end. I have left out any rolling stock so that you can add what you wish - I highly recommend the D&RG 2-6-0's by Elvenor. The Invisible track running through the countryside will take Elvenor's Horse & Rider as well as stagecoaches and such.

Wild Bill "III SP2"

This route is based on John D'Angelos very fine Black Canyon Narrow gauge route. It is a fictional run through the Colorado Rockies. Mostly an end-to-end route, with facilities for turning at each end, but you can also add other modules (when I get them made) at various points in the route. Each module is/will be fully functional in itself. I have left out any rolling stock so that you can add what you wish - I highly recommend the D&RG 2-6-0's by Elvenor.

Wild Bill "North"

Wild Bill "South"

This route also attaches to Wild Bill BASIC, but requires a bit of adjusting to fit it in. Please see the flashing Information button below on the screenshot. There are two iPortals for Standard Gauge runs and a continuation of the NG run from Wild Bill BASIC at the South Extension

Wild Bill "West"

This route attaches to the 'West' part of the Wild Bill BASIC route. It simply extends the line West towards Dry Lake. Be sure to take a lot of pictures as the train goes over the Continental Divide at Big Loop.
======================================================
Wild Bill Basic starts below.

Wild Bill East

Wild Bill II

Wild Bill SP2

Wild Bill North

Wild Bill South

Wild Bil West

Good Night all,

Thanks for coming by.

Last edited:
Watseka & Kankakee Route Inspection

Good Tuesday all,

Playing on the the newly loaded Watseka & Kankakee Route, I checked around to see if there were any Trains, and we had one, seen here a Truck Mobile unit on spur, used for switching cars in industries where a small Switch Engine is not available due to cost factors or other issues.

Now will take a run down the main line and see what we fine. Initially, it looks like this Route is very well signaled for multiple trains and lots of action.

We have a large Rail Yard on the inner circle, so I elected to just run a small Junk train to see how Signals and Switch setups work, have already run into a Crossing Gate issue with Track Triggers either not set, or missing.

Using my DVR(DragonHof Valley RR) switchers which are geared perfectly for pulling good loads for me. Running some empty Gons and other assorted cars.

Tracks are very well laid out, nice curves and everything is properly lined up, straight as an error. Also not too many trees planted either, so my frame rates suffer an minimum amount.

Switching Tower ahead has set the Switches for us, lights are Green, and will put our consist together and head out.

We grabbed some high pressure Gas Tankers too.

Overhead picture as we head out the yard bypass Tracks. you look over to the right, the 10 Track Main Sort Yard is visible from here.

Will stop for a second and get our Orders for the trip. We are told there is SP SD40 Triple header, loading up a Hot Auto Train in the Plant Yard several miles up the line from us now,

He's scheduled to come out within the next hour against us on the other Main Line, so we need to make sure our Switching moves clear his Main....

He has brand new Autos on premium time promised to West Coast Auto Dealers. The RR will lose lots of money if this Auto Train doesn't make it in 2.5 days...........Don't even want to meet with Director of Yard Operations, if we botch up the moves and Signals clearance needed to get him past us.

Auto Factory is doing 2nd and 3rd shifts for inventory orders all over the US and other places in the world, so will have more Auto Trains coming out......We have the Crews and Trackage to handle it!

We have been warned by our Conductor today, as we have 3 man crew with Brakeman working with us today. Yes you guessed it, I'm the Engineer.

Got our orders, now we need to get to next industry, we have Greens all ahead for us......Peddle Down, hit the Dirt Running........High Ball!!!!

Lights are on and somebody is definitely home on fall alert.

Notch 4-5 , as we hit double crossovers here. Will use a set further up.........Speed on this Main Line is 60-70 MPH, and I did find that Auto Plant speed needs some reduction for Curves head into the Team Tracks.

And here is our first stop, will break the train for min, and drop off Tanker, Flat and Boxcar for this industry...

Unfortunately later on,

What we find out, the crossing on the Spur, is not working correctly, it comes down, and stays down with cars left on the spur, I think Triggers might be missing on 3rd track........

Will see this in the next set of pictures.........

I like this Route a lot, it has lots of possibilities..........I have much to see here........

Night all and thanks for visiting....

Last edited:
Nice work blue! Been a while since I stopped by, certainly does look like you've been busy! Hope you've been doing well?

Welcome Southern1581,

Top of the morning to you too Sir, after my Dad passing about 3 yrs ago, we finally got the last of Estate Squared away, sold his house to a very nice person, definitely not a sellers market. And the sad thing was one of Companies we used to fix an Inspection requirement, tried to SCAM on needed repairs, but where caught Red Handed by the Buyer. At least there are still some good and honest people out there.

As for me, doing pretty good.....

Sorry I have to run with Mr's Blue,,,,,,,I write more later today,,,,,,,Got an Appointment this morning........:wave:

Back, I had a meeting I needed to attend tonight.....So anyway, doing pretty good overall, just some issues with one of my Knees, Kneecap moves around from a fall I suffered years ago along with some arthritis that sets in some days.......Strained the tendons pretty bad, so someday, I probably need to have so corrective surgery to fix the bands.

:D Take care of yourself,,,,,Hope your enjoying the time with NARM like the NARM Sign you made for your signature too. :cool: Artistic Talent really shows, just like the phenomenal Assets you make!!!

Last edited:
Watseka & Kankakee Route Inspection II (Auto Plant & Oconee Clay Co Etc.)

Good Thurs all,

Wow has this week flown by for me, Took a small trip to Coronado Island to see the Ancient Hotel Coronado where Movie Stars went and still go.

And been busy trying to do some good Charity Work as well.....Folks really appreciate those kind of things.

Alright, so lets get over to my favorite place, Trainz, and will talk so more about this Route: This was one of the first stops on our way North, it has Freight and Silo Services. We cut our Train on Main #2, Main #1 is clear for passing traffic, we have a working Track time of 1 hour here, but will not need that much at all.

Came across the Dbl X Crossovers here, and backing up now in the Spur Line, that our Brakeman has set for movement. Signals look great, with medium Clear Aspect in first signal, then second shows proper diverge Green.

We are off the main, Crossing Gates down, and Traffic is probably not happy with us, but this is a quick spot and run Job here.

Those Farm Tractors need to be picked up by the Owner for his Farm work. Now take a look at the Dark Car below whose back of bumper is hanging over the main track, what'll think will happen to him if another train passes thru on Main #1, yup him and the Car will be dragged several hundred feet down the Track......I have told our Brakeman to go ask the first car move up to Crossing Gate, or have him back up behind other set of Gates, before he gets hurt or worse. You'd be surprised how many folks due this in Real Life........!!!! Either Clueless or in a hurry and don't think it matters!

Oh Wow, Trainz has got 3 cars smoosed together, that really looks so realistic,, NOT! Oh well, guess our Crew better get the move on, before something weirder happens here......

Just need to get the Boxcar spotted onto Freight Platform and will cut and run here. Cars are blowing their horns at us now........

Alright, we got the Cars set out, and we are on the move back to our Train on Main#2.

Signals are holding, and we are updating Dispatcher we are clear in 5 mins.

Over is a Clay Factory, I have never seen one before, this is really cool. I have to find out what kind of Cars I need to operate this Commodity.....For now I'm using 89 Foot cars with Containers. But I might need to use Hoppers.

Our next stop will be Auto Factory, and it is pretty large, they put out a lot of Auto loads for the Railroad. If I keep this route, I plan on straightening, or lengthening some of the Curves on Approach to the Team Track Spurs, they look a little tight, and I think I have the Room to do the adjustment, nothing wrong here, just my taste for broader Curves.

You can see the Clay Plant layout from the previous photo,,,,,,,Very well laid out Industries here, and not crowded.

Now at the Auto plant we have a Trio of SD40's and Rail Road Police Caboose, with Officers riding the train, we have had some Vandalism and other stuff occurring with our Trains, time for some of the Bad Boys to goto Jail, and cut down our Criminal enterprise that likes to try and steal stuff off the new Autos, like Stereo Systems and other Goodies.

We have 3 rows of Auto Loader Cars, ready to pick up, 1/2 of it is for Amtrak, but they don't come in here, so we'll trans their stuff to our Main Rail Yard down the line, and it will be sorted and Amtrak already has Power in our Yard, they have Shared Track usage their for the interchange.

We have lots of Tracks for empty storage till Loads are ready, probably need a dedicated Switcher in this Plant, they have plenty of work to do......Need to talk with Corridor Mgr about this.....This Plant is new, so everything is still evolving and growing here. Trackage is laid out with good purpose and direction from what I can tell so far. I'm new too for Auto Plant, never played with one before.

Good learning experience for me........

Our next post will show how this works here for Consist retrieval.

That's it for now...........I'm having fun with this Route......

See you later..........Have a great day.

Last edited:
Watseka & Kankakee Route Inspection III (Auto Plant Etc.)

Good Saturday all,

As continue our venture on Watseka & Kanakakee, we come into the Auto plant, a Trio of SD40's come in ready to move the New Cars out. As previously discussed, will get a dedicated set of Switcher(s) in here to get this cars moved into ready position for our Main Line Power. I might change a couple of these team Tracks....Not sure yet.

Bright lights and and one of my Favorites, SP Livery always looks nice when the Paint is fresh, and they have been washed. As what was not always the case, I grew up where they operated in California, some days I looked them, and couldn't believe how bad they looked, very uncared for under one Corporate Raiders guidance, Name withheld.

So we have 3 lines of Auto Racks to put together, we drop back here and hookup the first set.

A little more to go, and will have our consist ready, meanwhile another 500 new Autos set in the Parking area awaiting load. Ah???? But we have an issue here, where are the empties, not seen on the tracks to left by the Trees......OK, lets contact our dispatch and find out what's going on here.........

Looks like we have over a 50 car train here and part of our consists will break into 2 parts for Amtrak. This is when we get to main Humpyard a few miles from here.

Alright then, we just about ready, we need to grab our Cabooses off the approach Spur.

And we are off to the races with lots of new cars. Better hope our DVR Switch crew has cleared out for us to move thru Silo Stop ahead, this is one hot freight, time is of the essence, Auto Plant has paid us a premium to get his cars there, one, safe, two unscratched, not vandalized. We Railroad Police Caboose watching from the back for Robbers.

And this Caboose is packing some heat if you know what I mean. Conductor in the head end, Brakeman is back her with the Police keeping an eye too.

Oops, we are little over speed here, Engineer is dropping speed back to 60 MPH, we do have 70MPH in several areas. We just go a bit into Dynamics, for a short period of time and will have our over speed corrected. We are good straight track, so we don't have worry about derailing as much. Besides, our Engineers are well experienced too.

We are in the sort yards here, passing Holiday VIA Train from Canada on special Trip, he is stopped for Fuel, and was kind enough to let us by. Passengers are enjoying Lunch with Drinks in perfect Diner Car comfort.

That'll about do it for today.........I encourage you to check out this Route......I think it is lots of fun, especially since it has a Hump Yard, which I haven't played with yet.......

Have a great weekend then!

We explore a little bit of WeddinNSW Route

Hello,

And Good Monday to all.,

Found this route in the Forums, as it was mentioned this week,

NSWGR acronym means New South Wales Government Railways (I couldn't figure this one out.....LOL)

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?144376-WeddinNSW-V3-0-for-TANE-SP2-is-now-on-the-DLS

WeddinNSW version 3.0 for TANE SP2 (KUID:56603:100434) is now available for download from the DLS. A demonstration session "Watch the Trains" (KUID:56603:100327) is also available. I have previously posted some WIP screen shots in the "Australian Screenshots" thread.

WeddinNSW is based on the NSW country branch lines linking Grenfell, and Cowra. The line was mothballed in 1991, although some parts were subsequently reopened for a period for limited traffic. Bonus for Version 3.0! Also now included is the Eugowra branchline as far as Gooloogong (a work in progress).

WeddinNSW is set in the mid to late 1960's, when both steam and diesel operated simultaneously. The model probably presents a rosier picture than is strictly accurate. At that time spending on infrastructure and maintenance was low, and the rail network was looking a little run down. While innovations in grain handling provided an economic boost to the rural rail network, and new diesel locos and bulk grain silos were being introduced to handle it, general rail traffic had declined in recent years, due to competition from road transport and the motor car.

The original WeddinNSW model was constructed in Trainz 1.3 manually using data from topographical maps, and the NSW 1932 Curve and Gradiant Diagrams (as opposed to importing DEM data). More recently Google Earth has also been helpful. The model has evolved (on and off) over a period of 15 years, and through successive releases of Trainz, although this is the first version I have actually uploaded since WeddinNSW 2.1 for Trainz 2006 SP2.

Detailing is based on historical research, site visits, and the memory of the creator. However, there are some details of the route which have been difficult to substantiate so many years later, and are therefore based on an educated guess. If you have photographic evidence that would help improve the accuracy of the model please contact FootplatePhil.

I have used a lot of grass splines in this latest version. I think you might need a fairly decent graphics card to run it at higher settings. Any config meeting TANE recommended specs should be OK. It runs well on my i5/GTX-1050-Ti laptop, and better on my i7/GTX-1070 desktop.

Finally: Perhaps you don't like the appearance of the track I have selected. Or perhaps my signalling is crap (actually, quite likely!). Or you think I should get rid of the old V1.2 "ghost" gum trees (I like them). If you have any issues, comments or feedback, please feel free to log them below and I will try and take them on board for the upcoming release of WeddinNSW 4.0 for Trainz BTNF (Trainz - Beyond the New Frontierz). I may contact you via "Private Message" to seek clarification of issues raised.

This is the first Car I plan on running along with Some Steam consists too, oh look, I actually caught the mid day Sun too..........It's a cool day as our Operator looks for a clear signal to get started.

Passengers await here for Passenger Train to arrive. Very nice looking station.

Well this is the end of Route, and further construction is noted by his sign post ahead.........Love the Texture Colors and every else the other made here.

Little broader view of how this ends here.

We have a freight passing thru. With another Passenger behind him about 1/2 hour. I really like these Semaphores too, very colorful...... Track work is excellent too.

Does this look believable and natural, I think it does. Author has taken a lot of Pains to make come out.....Thank you for your fine work and allowing us to play with it.

The rails take a graceful turn on cool day, with no rain for now. A lone car passes as we come into the Farm Belt here. Another thing I like, is a modest amount of Trees used, so it works well with my laptops weak GPU.

Tried to get as broad over view of the area as I could here to show how it looks at a distant view........

A field of Hay? as far as the eye can see here.

This about 1/3 to 1/4 approx of the layout.......Really great use of Texture colors....

I post more pictures as I tour the new route,,,,Check it out, I think is well worth your time......

Thanks for coming by, and I bid you all a great week ahead.........

WeddingNSW is great Route to play with.........& Shout out to Raildead001

Been busy I see...............the sparse trees look great with the your ground textures !

:wave: Thank you Sir,

But I can't take the credit, it's really the Creation by "FootplatePhil" I have never met the Gentleman, but by the looks of Route, I think he is very talented from what I've seen so far.

I went over to your site,,pop in to see what changed..............

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?143989-Pioneer-X-New-host-new-posts/page4

:cool: Really nice addition you made, and thanks for the overhead map, everything makes sense in the way you laid it out with lots of good form and function in conservative spaced layout that bring hours of fun, making industry runs etc.

I was looking too, further back in your pictures, and wanted to add,

Like the Apple Orchard, really nice touch, it fits in perfect with the surrounding area. I remember when I wee high to a tadpole, and walked thru my Grand Parents Fruit Orchard, thought I was in another world, it was so cool, and aroma of Fresh Fruit ripening on the trees.

We used to take Boxes of Fruit home to share with friends. That was the days. Long gone now......!

I see your getting to the end of your production run on the Route, looks like everyone is excited for the release too..............All good and you have much to be proud of for sure.

Thanks for dropping in.........

WeddingNSW Watch the Trains Session

Good Weds all,

Happy to report we actually got some measurable Snow and Rain out here in a very dry So California. Haven't seen Snow in the local Mountains I think since Last November, and will get some more good rain in a day or two, thank you Mother Nature.

Alright, I have been busy trying to fix some more Faulty Assets and whittle away as I can, still have 400 of them little Varmints to deal with......OH FUN!!!! Just another average day at Trainz work......LOL.

Below I running the "FootplatePhil's" Watch the Trains Session, which helps a new person to see how trains might run on this Route. We are leaving here to make a morning mixed freight run, with Pigs in Stock cars, Passenger car, and some General Goods, a mix of everything. Weather is nice today.

We stop here and pickup/drop off our passengers and continue on. Also we wait a min, built into the Schedule for morning Passenger Car, similar to a Red Hen style, awaits the switch to clear and it will start a country route for that line.

The other Car has headed off, and our Switch has released us to go ahead for bit, will pick up a Red shortly to switch main lines, as the car goes off to the Right, and we head out on a different one. Below you can see our move symbols that make this session work.

We hit our first crossing, looks like Vehicle Traffic is nil for now, but that will change as it Folks wake up for work.

It's wide open now, our speed is 40MPH. The only thing I need to figure out is why the smoke separates like this on my Steam Engine.....Looks strange to me.

We cross a major Bridge here as we cross thru back country Farm Lands.

We make it over the other side on one pretty good size Bridge.

Looking back you see some Silos where we can runs for Grain Shunting later on. And it looks like I could add another tile on the right corner here to fill in the corner run off horizon view.

I believe this is Steel Factory or metal Shearing operation here. Now I need to find some Slab and other type of cars to do shunting as we pass by.

Oh and here are our little Piggy Friends here, all bundled up for Markets. They have open air, and they are doing fine.

This will do for today, as we continue to explore.

Have a great day all........

Evening all,

I was in Computer Surgery, and the patient didn't survive, fortunately a Hard Drive did, but will have to do some software reconstruction. Unfortunately another Stupid Windows update messed up the whole computer of a friend of ours. I was able to salvage the files........Sad thing was the friend never backed up any files, this time they were lucky.......Hopefully they won't put themselves at that kind of risk in the future.

So let's see what we have, this is a Map of Weddin Route. Fairly good size route with lots to see and do.

And I happened to find a Map of Coal Country, a fantastic Route to play with,,great scenery and lots to do. I have seen nothing but great reviews on this Route.

And we have a new Payware Actor on the Scene, I just got a few Days ago, PRR X23 Boxcar, and I will put it right into to service.

Author's Notes:

Immerse yourself in a bygone era with the X23-box car from 3DZUG and experience the ancestor of many modern coaches from today in top quality.
Originating from the standard box car from 1912, the trendsetting X23-box car was expected to meet the future needs of the Pennsylvania Railroad Company. For the first time in history, a 40 foot box car with a steel frame and wood panelling was developed.
With an unladen weight of 48.000 pounds and a load capacity of 100.000 pounds, the X23 had a spectacular room volume of impressive 2.682 square foot.

More than 6.000 produced cars testified to the X23's success story, its versatile application possibilities as well as its reliability. Various railway companies added this transport wonder to their fleet, which also was used as a basis for the R7-refrigerated car, the R7-stock car as well as the X24-car carrier.
When control cars eventually became scarce (caboose) during WWII, some of the X23-box cars were converted.

As a result many of the old X23-cars performed their future duties as materials and workshop wagon. In the following years the now decrepit box cars were replaced progressively by modern steel cars which provided more load capacity.
Experience the trendsetting X23-box car in first-class quality from 3DZUG and let the past come alive again.
A total of four different versions of this wagon are included in our package, all with individual materials for a realistic operation in Trainz.
Each version can be selected both individually or randomly, guaranteeing never a dull moment. Realistic sound as well as random wagon numbers complement this gem from 3DZUG.

And back over at Watseka & Kankakee Railroad our Hotshot Auto Train on Left with SP SD40 Power is coming in to split the Train up for Amtrak Auto loads, on the Right we have Canadian Via pleasure Train coming thru on Trip. He needs some Fuel and Food Supplies, which will take care of for him, and get him on his way.

Will take our train out to the right Track and do our break up for Amtrak Loads. I think later on, I'll re orient some of these signals.

And back to Weddin Route, we have our Junk Train coming into Noonbinna Station for Customer pickup. Will also check our Pigs in Stock Car for Water Needs.....

And with Piggies watered and Passengers debarked Etc.,we are off to the Races.

Oops, I think I should have turned on my Head Lamp........

Looks like we have lots of Farm Silos on this route, so there will be lots of Grain Traffic.

And we have come to our 4th stop today,,,,,,Wattamondara, lovely day in the Country to ride a train I think.

That'll do for now, oh,,,,,,One other thing, please pray for one of our great creators, Ben Dorsey as he endures his treatments.........We wish him the best during this painful and difficult time.........

Night now.

Last edited:
Weddin Trip III

A Blessed Sunday all, especially to Ben Dorsey our Creator, we hope you are doing better.

All right, below, we continue our Trip Westward on the Route, a little side view here showing one of the Passenger Cars, Windows open for ventilation it's a bit warm today.

As our train passes by you can see what I think is the Caboose Car, on the end, it also holds Goods too.

Coming thru another Farm area, we have Diesel pull a string of Hopper Cars out from the Factory.

The second train will wait for the switches to set up after we move out the area, then Dispatch will clear a Route for them.

We made a quick stop for Passengers here.

We are out ahead now, and Dispatch has set the switches for our Hopper Train is clear for his Route.

After 2 sets of switches we take the Right Hand Route out to another region of our Routes Branch Line.

Here is an overview showing the Route Curve off from the make line.

Another picture of the Rural Area hear, fantastic and beautiful Route by FootplatePhil.

We continue on heading out into the beautiful Country Side. And one other point, the Trees are just right density and CPU load for my weak GPU........Really enjoy this route.

I planning on checking out the Murchison Route,

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...-scenic-realism-to-immerse-yourself-in/page17

http://www.trainzone.co.nz/

which I run in a 2009 Trainz Standalone Module, eventually should come out in TANE....... So Stay Tuned, I start putting up some pictures as I play with one the really unique and great Routes made by Sir Gibby.

Night now, and thanks for dropping in folks.

Weddin & Murchison Routes

Good Tuesday morning all,

I installed Murchison a while back, and found out, I can't get my Screen Resolution small enough for Murchison on the laptop no matter what Mode I try, it keeps shrinking so small it's hard to play on the Route, I knew this going in, so I might try and install it to T:ANE?

Sir Gibby is working on it for T:ANE version later. So will see what happens, I also found out, the Screen shots have to be done a different way and take some editing, since Murchison runs under the 2009 Trainz Shell, which I never played. I started in TS-12 Version coming into to Trainz world.

So below is Weddin Route, we continue on our Route thru beautiful country as we explore on.

This is a Grain Train headed into town from the East end of the layout.

They carry extra Water Tank as there are few Water Stops on the Route, which we plan to improve on. The Railroad is making more money now, so will do some changes. Lots of wide open land out here.

Our Car Van in the back carry's extra goods and some RR workers too. Kind of like a Caboose.

We have lots of Silos out here too which is good business for the Railroad.

Switch over to the Murchison2 now, we are running an auto session to see the Route via Vulcan Helicopter.

Really terrific scenery here as we take a guest ride.

Canyon is narrow too just barely wide enough for Tracks and some maintenance Trucks to get thru, the had to blast this open to get the Route thru the mountain. Engineers who designed this wanted open rather than Tunnel design since the Rock material was not stable enough to allow tunneling.

This is a picture our 2009 Trainz menu, how different it was back then. I'm sure there is a lot of folks who still play the many different versions of Trainz for one reason or another. I still use Trainz Driver 2 on my Ipad which I use on my Travels like Airplane and Bus Rides.

Looking at the menu you can see the many pre made sessions made by Sir Gibby here, lots to have fun with.

Below we are watching one of the Trainz come thru one of the long River Bridge over passes scaling the local Mountains in this area.
a
Ah, now we can see the Chopper we got to ride around this fantastic Route built by Sir Gibby............

Thank you dropping in,,

Last edited:
Weddin Route Country Traveling

Good Thursday all,

Hope everyone is having a good week, we are expecting what we hope is a 3 day rain period starting Sat, to get some Grass and Plants growing in our severe burn areas from last year, which I think was one of our worst in California History, especially the Montecito area, Central Ca. So we will wait and see how this pans out for us.

Alright, now on to the good stuff, as I mentioned earlier, we have put Murchison on the Shelf till it gets an upgrade to T:ANE or if I can import it to my existing T:ANE as it is? That awaits the Challenge.

In the mean time, will come back to Weddin Route below, as we head to the end of the Route Limits, on our day run here.......Great Looking Farm Country with lots of Grain Fields in production. We take a long shot here.

One thing that bugs me is the Steam Pattern you see here with off time puffs going up and the main plume of smoke going the other way, I need to experiment with the Smoke in the Config Sys to see if I remove the Small puffs pattern, because this looks unnatural to me?

If any of you are familiar with this situation, I would welcome any help on how to adjust it....Thanks.

I think I want to add some more Semaphores in some places to get some better Signal indications too.

We stop at Bendrick Murrell Passenger Station here. Since we have 2 Stock Cars with live Pigs in them, I have to figure out where the Stockyards or Meat Markets are on this route? More exploration needed for sure.

Just checking our Coal Load too see we have adequate supply here, and we do.......Engineers went for quick relief and some Sandwiches, they'll return shortly, then will get on our way.

Whoa Nelly!!!! We our headed to the Portal of no return, thank goodness we dropped the Pigs and Passengers off before we become a Ghost Train.......So this is the North end of the Route and we finish our run...........

We back at the Start of the Southern Route beginning, in our Motor Car waiting for the Switch and Signals to clear for us. It's quite early in the morning as the Sun has just come up, Will start a long Trip to the Eastern Branch off the mains to give Service to our Country Folks, patiently awaiting our arrival.

Dispatch just gave us word by Telegraph, we have clearance to get underway now.

We puffing down the Track thru town at 40MPH, see a few people's cars parked for Hotel. Weather is clear and we are on the move. No Traffic yet, but we do have Grain and other Freights coming in off the branch line we are headed too. There is sidings for us to sit for a minute to make our clearance meets with the other Trains headed this way.

Coming into other small towns now as we pass one of the Sidings here, our opposing traffic is quite a ways out from us. So we move with no delays.

Looks like the Cement Yard is getting some Concrete made up for delivery before the Sun gets hot. They need time to work this Cement before it sets up, and this area can get toasty at times.
Grain loading too I see. We need to check with the Farmer and see when he needs his next load of cars brought over here. We are just starting the Grain market loads from the fields.

This is New Zealand area, so I need to find some more Rolling Stock if I can on the DLS, and I need to check my inventory too, to see what I have now.......

Our Siding is also used for

That'll do for now......Have a great day and thanks for coming by.

Watseka & Kankakee RR

Good Day all from a grateful Rainy California,

So we are back at the "Watseka & Kankakee RR" with our Auto Train movements for Amtrak. Yes believe it or not, Amtrak does move Freight back in the Day. And Amtrak is still doing well today.

Below our SP SD40's are getting ready to split up the Train Cars for the correct Routes.

Dispatch has cleared the Switches, one Train VIA Canada sits in the back getting Fuel and Food loads to continues there special Trip on our Line. They have some VIP's on board.

Made the cut, and we split Amtrak and will shunt back into the other holding track for Amtrak Power do in about 10 mins.

Looks like we have a bit of Traffic here, but we won't be long.

OK Traffic, one more move and will be out of your way.......Good thing this is just a small access highway near a very busy Yard.

These new cars are really nice to work with Wheels are perfect, the Knuckles new, and hey, they haven't been vandalized yet, but sure as heck, in the next month or so, will have someones layup Graffiti and then they'll be like all the rest of our Rolling Stock.

Amtrak is in, on time, and hooking up to their consist. In fact, we have 2 Amtrack's Trains going out of the original move.

Looks like #510 and #763 are just about ready to go.....

SP SD40 #8999 gets ready to head out and another successful Auto Train move goes out, on time and on Schedule.

Air Test is complete, Brakes look good, Dispatch has cleared our Switches are set, as we power up........It's a good day on the Watseka & Kankakee RR.

Drive safe out with the Wet Weather.....Safety First and Safe Travels to all.

Have a good weekend all, and thanks for coming by........

Weddin & Watseka & Kankakee Road Trips

Good Monday Morning all,

We got some much needed Rain and it looks like a bit more is coming for us this week.........

Over at the Weddin Route, our little Car is headed for the resting Spur, our trips are done for the day.

Will tie up here for the night and start over tomorrow. We have enough Fuel to carry our reverse move to the last station, where will refuel for more Trips.

And over at Watseka & Kankakee Railroad we decided to run some Nickle Plate Road Steam, and is she a beauty to be seen..

Early Evening we are headed on a long run, with full load of Passengers. And it looks to me like our Steam is right about perfect here.

We our up to 50 MPH and will hit 70 soon as we cross into wonderful Farm and Fruit Groves.

It's a good ride when we get our clear out the Gate, Dispatch says they have our Signals stacked well in front of us with Clear Sailing for now. Of course our Road has some interconnecting Roads. So we are prepared for minimal delays if they show up.

Passing some local Sheet Metal Shearing and Fabrication plants, closed for the weekend, not as busy as it used to be, but we hope that will change in the future.
At least we still have it producing, so better than nothing.

And I went shopping on the DLS for some MOW equipment and found some more items I needed.

And from a few days ago, we have some nice looking Amtrak Power coming to pick up their Auto Loads.

And our SP SD$0's have a nice Caboose to run with the nice new Auto's we are moving today.

Our SP SD40's have sorted out the Amtrak Auto loads and we have our's. We are headed out into the country at full speed to get the last part of our 55 Car Consists to the local Inter-model Car Lots. It's nice to see we still have good Grainery Business on our Road. It's still off season, as the Grains are just planted this last month, so it's while out for harvest time.

That'll do it for now. Thanks for dropping in.

Watseka & Kankakee Road Trips II

Evening all,

We continue on our trip here with hot Auto Racks on the move.

Lots of Farm Land, Grain growing for as far as the eye can see as we hit 70MPH with our cool SD40's pulling nicely.

Aha, looks like we have a Power plant, and plenty of Coal for now, I have the feeling, will be having a Coal Train coming out with more. Want to keep the lights on.

As we zip by it looks like the wind has picked up now, as the smokestacks blow over our tracks.

And we have more work for the RR with good size Silo Towers.......Lots to play with on this route. And the Tracks are laid out perfectly to make the runs and meets with no back logging or Cornfield meets, haven't had time to check all the signals yet. That's for another day. Also notice the minimalist use of Trees here, which agrees nicely with my Weak GPU.....Marriage is perfect and I don't experience serious Frame loss for now, will see what happens when I run multiple Trains with lots of Cars, Yard sorting etc.

OH my word! I found the Sun for the first in a long time, not easy to find it with some the Clouds used. but this one is thin enough for it to show up nicely. Now if I can just get a cool looking sunset someday.......No promises, but I plan on trying that next.

Well what do you know, I we actually caught the sun just as it heads over the horizon.

And now the Sun has done it's job, as we head at speed across farm fields of newly planted grain and Vegetables.

Looks like our local Amtrak maintenance, MOW, is on the move for a Tie replacement job for tomorrow.

Somebody forgot to set the brakes properly here, and our caboose almost got lose.. OOPS......looks we better get this runaway caught up and put back on the siding where he belongs, before the Boss finds out. Thank goodness the Gates were here and read it's movement.

Seems to me we had a new crew members working here today, guess we better do a Rules review.

Have a good nite all.

Evening all,

Thanks Blue for your interest in Weddin. Some Trainzers may remember Wattamondara from the cover of "Trainz Routes Vol 3", released by as an add-on Auran in about 2007. (actually created about 2004 - the Auran released version was an error ridden Beta from about 2003 issued without discussion with me, which really p%%%%d'ed me of at the time - not sure where they got if from).

If any one is interested, please check out my officially sanctioned V3.0 (for TANE) upload !

Phil

Last edited:
Thanks Blue for your interest in Weddin. Some Trainzers may remember Wattamondara from the cover of "Trainz Routes Vol 3", released by as an add-on Auran in about 2007. (actually created about 2004 - the Auran released version was an error ridden Beta from about 2003 issued without discussion with me, which really p%%%%d'ed me of at the time - not sure where they got if from).

If any one is interested, please check out my officially sanctioned V3.0 (for TANE) upload !

Phil

:wave: Good Morning Phil,

Appreciate the kind words and Trivia about Auran.........I think I would be most unhappy too, if something in that instance was allowed to happen without my knowledge or consent.

Your Weddin Route for T:ANE is really nice and I haven't as yet explored all the corners......It runs perfectly just as you designed to be!

Thank you for your hard work and sharing it with us.

Back