Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Blue --

I recognize several of the screen shotz. There are free updates for them on the Download Station. They are a vast improvement over the earlier versions. See here:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...Zyd-amp-Fulazturn-DLC-layout-updated-to-TRS19

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...e-Shortz-amp-Kerl-DLC-layout-updated-to-TRS19

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...Traction-Railroad-DLC-layout-updated-to-TRS19

Phil

Good Evening Sir Dan,

Thank you for the update, I had my head in this Route Merge, I didn't realize these were available.........:eek:

Thanks for Sharing. ;)

Amy Winehouse driver is available to work at your RR

Nice post as always Blue. That 7th shot has me wondering how I can get Amy driving in my switch yard! LOL!

I make it a policy, to help and lend Drivers to other Railroads when their Short of help, so here is the information. Will change her Schedule here so she can help you out. And we could always do a Trade too........:D

<kuid2:68213:35015:2> Amy Winehouse driver

I let her know you need some help over there. I sure she would welcome the added Experience working in a Different RR. :wave:

Edit Update: Forester1, You are most welcome, strength is in numbers, we help each other......Have a great day Sir. :)

Last edited:
Lower Back Pain is no Fun / Grand Child College Graduation time

Good Saturday Morning All,

It wasn't a fun week for Blue, about a week and half ago, my lower back on left side went out. Tremendous pain. I couldn't figure out what I had done to cause this issue. Thought and thought about it, as I lay awake some nights in Pain. Eventually 3 days later, I went to see my Chiropractor for adjustments which helped some. But then a few days later, I got muscle spasms and some leg pain further down. :'(

I need to hit my head into the wall sometimes, the Answer was right in front of me. I had a Pinched Nerve, Had been thru this several times. Last time was late 2019. Only way I figured that out, my Dr keeps good notes on me, thank Goodness. :confused:

Now the Question is, what the !@#$% did I do to cause this, the only thing I could think of, I had taken a Bus Trip to Las Vegas with friends, and we ended up having some open seats, so I had 2 seats to myself and sat sideways. I noticed that when we got off Bus for Lunch 1/2 way to our destination, my Back and legs seemed a little stiffer than I thought they should be? :sleep:

Didn't pay any mind to it. I have Arthritis and I am used to getting stiff sometimes. But I try to work it out and take Turmeric and other natural things which really help out. (Bottom line, I am not as young as I used to be, can fool others, but not myself).:(

Then looking back, I thought, well, I didn't do any weekend Warrior stuff in the Yard, so there's that! There is one last thing, and think this probably was the Culprit? It could be, that my Magnesium and/or Potassium Levels were low? When you age, you can be deficient in certain Vitamins, and Aches and Pains, may not be what you realize they are trying to tell you.;)

So in the 1st part of this week, I had to take some strong Pain Pills to ease the muscles up from spasming, and keeping me awake at night. Took about 3 days, and I finally felt better yesterday. Will go back on Monday and have my Chiro tweak me again to make sure all my Spine is in place. My last disks are pinched so that causes Sciatica issues too. But the important thing is to try and remain Mobile, walk around, Stretch and all that other stuff. And I need to most likely take some Magnesium and Potassium supplements.:)

For you younger Folks out there, as my Father told me one day out of Blue, when he was having health issues in his 60's, Son make sure you do all you want to do in life before you get older, because things change....And I listened to him, it struck me strange at the time he told me, but now, after he passed many years ago, I know what he meant and how timely his advice was back then. I was 40, now 70+, what a difference 3 decades has made. ;)

I read the stories from others here with there Health Issues, and really hone in on what they say and do too deal with it.

I always pray for all of you to have the best in life. Heaven knows these are truly difficult times we live in, in a number of ways.......

Happy thoughts today, we celebrate my oldest Grand Child's College Graduation Party, they will still need to go back and take more specialized classes for their Career. But the 5 yr College Core Classes are completed with Honors and ole Blue and Mr's Blue are so proud and happy. Our younger Grand Child is in middle of high school, doing well, I would imagine College will be here in few short years! :Y:

Take care all, I need to get ready for the Party and the hugs for love and Accompaniments of my oldest Grand Child, so proud of them.

Enjoy your weekend. I try and post some pics and stuff maybe Sunday or Monday. :wave:

Sciatica has left me for now/ Coastal Rt Nights/ Y Tube Pics

Good Day all,

This week was much better after getting my Sciatica to quite down and get more rest full sleep.

On Trainz side, I have been working hard on my Coastal Route, with some Harbor expansion.

Night Shots as we check the new Rails and Construction for Harbor expansion.

New Engine house facilities in Construction area.

MOW checking this these track diamonds.

A lone Hyster Fork Lift sits in the yard, as more Switch Crews bring in new Loads for the Harbor.

Lots of loaded Boxcars await more Shunting Crews as new tracks are still WIP for Harbor expansion Construction.

These Old Silos sure are rusted up, I think we might need some Rust inhibiting Paint?

On the other side of Snowy Mountains is our Snowy part of the Route, lots of Snow and Ice, at the moment we are holding these trains out here till we can clear Harbor Yard congestion while more new Tracks are being installed. Could be another Week. Will see!

This little 200 Asset Export to to CDP did not go well......It came out to 5.5 Gigs CDP you know that is way to large for Trainz to open it up correctly.....So I had to repack this one into 3 more CDP's that came out 100-150 Megs worth of Assets. Then it worked out OK to my other Laptop.

This is one of the reasons I like my little Lenovo travel Computer, I have all I need to keep it working up OK.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue's Y Tube Pics of the week:

First freight train since 1990's at Shoreline Resources - New Bedford, MA - 8/30/2022

https://youtu.be/4zWzp2NlD2I

The first two loaded rail cars for the new customer "Shoreline Resources" in New Bedford, MA arrived on 8/30/2022. This video shows the train dropping off the first cars that are hauling steel sheathing for the company's new pier/bulkhead. Eventually ship/boat/barge repairs and possibly even building will happen here once the project is complete. Once the facility is finished it is likely that steel plate loads will come in for their projects.
=======================================================================================
The Last Baldwin Loco

https://youtu.be/E10Cj2lTgmQ

Jun 16, 2020 Baldwin Locomotive Works was once a giant company that built train locomotives. The very last locomotive of over 70,000 they built, is in Duluth. Today we visit the storage track where that locomotive is stored and tell the story of Baldwin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi rails

https://youtu.be/TYI-WfqsSXU
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CSX RAIL YARD PHILADELPHIA

https://youtu.be/cvH2fb9yib8

csx derailment being cleaned at csx Greenwich Yard (6/16/2022)
12,546 views Jun 17, 2022 The derailment occurred at 8:30 this morning from a bad order switch the train was rolling over the switch then the switch unlocked and set the other way then this train halfway through started to go on another track and it pulled two cars off the tracks and pulled the rail out of the ground it set until 530 then crews were on scene and started doing work The last car was put on the track at 9:30 at night trains were delayed until overhanging wires could be fixed
Pulling the Hill in Two Sections and Break a Knuckle

https://youtu.be/kpaQ-9TBLxY

14,876 views Premiered Jun 1, 2020 This is Aberdeen, NC. I was told they were going to go up the Aberdeen hill with an SD60 helper on the rear. Nope, not on a Sunday. This is a long video, I have subtitled where to jump ahead in the video to avoid long sections of no action. I hope you enjoy the video.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Massive Trains Thru Black Canyon, EX CITI RAILS, BNSF H2 Foreign Power, Railroad Tunnels, and More!

https://youtu.be/6VRSrYpMkpM

Mar 5, 2022 Trains around Black Canyon, British Columbia, CN Ashcroft Subdivision & CP Cascade Subdivision.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Industrial Cleveland (Historic Footage)

https://youtu.be/ELmaiW7LteA

28,445 views Nov 14, 2020 You might not know it by looking at the city today, but Cleveland was once a powerhouse when it came to industry and commerce. The need for commodities like steel, fuel, and clothing demanded by the Civil War led to heavy industrialization from the 1860’s through the 1930’s. This video shows the height of Cleveland’s industry in the late 30’s and early 40's. Immigrants flooded the city in search of work, fortunes were made, buildings were built, and the nation was strengthened by Cleveland’s industrial might. Companies like Standard Oil, Sherwin Williams, Republic Steel, and General Electric developed in and were shaped by the city. However, much of this progress began to unravel with the onset of the Great Depression in 1929. During the wartime years, Cleveland would once again help to insure the victory of the United States (as it did during the Civil War) with supplies and innovation flowing from the city. However, Cleveland’s economic woes would only continue with the de-industrialization of the late 20th Century. By the 1980’s blue-collar work made up only about 1/3 of Cleveland’s job market. Today, little remains of that smoky time of production and expansion. Nevertheless, it was the legacy of the Civil War that shaped what would become the Cleveland, Ohio we know today.
MOV02180 https://youtu.be/qUaIcU9-lYk

un 7, 2009 weed spray video #3

--------------------------------------
Riding westbound on the new mainline alignment, December 2021

https://youtu.be/kBsrzHiEsBQ

Feb 9, 2022 Here is the short westbound ride on the battery powered track speeder over the new mainline track. You will see the unfinished bridge, the unfinished mainline that goes back to the car-barn, the original main route to the car-barn, and the material yard switch. Lots of work to do in the spring, can't wait for the snow to melt and get back at it! Yes, I know there are a lot of leaves- one of these years I will build a leaf remover car to appease some of you.
RAILROAD OPERATIONS! How To Interchange Cars by an ENGINEER!

https://youtu.be/AnPv3sKsgmM

This video covers info about how railroads interchange cars.

Thanks for dropping in.......Stay Healthy.

Making Rte CDP\Coastal Pics\YTube selection

Good Friday All,

I have been play Trainz on my Travel Computer for a while, one due to having to do a Re Install back in June. And having lots of fun with 5 way merge Coast, Aurora Canada, Wingate, Wilder West, Tiny Cape Cove Route. Been lots of fun. I found that once I got to 5 merges and adding lots trackage and buildings etc, the strength of my small undedicated GPU Weakness was starting to show, with Glitchy movements after I made my expanded Harbor area. So it was time to Export the Route over to my larger Asus 17" Laptop, NVIDIA 1050, dedicated GPU and double or triple the strength of UHD GPU on travel Lenovo S540.

Hadn't used my Asus for about 2 1/2 months, so with that said, I needed to start up the Beast, get all my Win Updates, my Drivers, due a current back up of dated files. Then update my Trainz Platinum program Rte Updates, Asset new Version. Once everything was updated, it was time to get my Coastal Merge Rt exported over to Asus Laptop. Should be easy, right? Wrong, my first mistake was making an Rte + Dependents together, which somehow came up to 5.5Gig, and did not work, when I tried to import it.....

Had I watched and added up the Assets to less than Gig file size, I would have come out with maybe 300 Megs plus 40 Megs for the Rte itself. So I needed to re-due and reduce the file size, which I just split into 3 CDP files, which transferred across with no problem, other than I had 50 assets missing. Why I do not know, but I manually looked them up and put a Search Query for those 50, which turned out, only 3 has unknown File Locations.

Definitely took more work!

New England Rt here running a small unit Oil Can Train for Customers.

Hi Pressure special Gases and liquids etc, made more room in this small refinery area.

If I recall, several of these Cars are David Snows Work, he is top not Guy in my books!

Looks Like I have my Grey Ghosts working today, we must have been short on Normal Power and they sent these unfinished fellas.........Naval Grey all the way.....

I think I was testing these sidings out with new larger Locomotives?
Shunting this strange looking Tank car into Fertilizer Company probably......Cover your Nose!

UMR 2020 Rte I believe, there are several UMR Rtes available every one is amazing, they have lots to do and see. They are not a small Routes.....Lots of good long line running too.

Yup you guessed it! It's oldie but a goodie, very reliable, and don't laugh it is more than paid for, and still provides great Shunting Service. Who knows, maybe some day will give her a new Coat of Paint. Or trade her off to another Foreign RR? Lots of Possibilities.

Rolling thru some nice Mountains on a clear day. Just some high Cirrus Clouds no Storms a brewing for now.

Farm & Irrigation Pipes on the way to Farmers.

Picked up a few Wood Chip Cars, should make a lot of Particle Board and other special Glued and Cooked Wood Products.

Blues Y Tube Pics of the week!
=======================================================================================
Restoring The Spirit of Altoona | Pennsylvania Railroad K4 1361

https://youtu.be/YeQNVCFj31k

Sooooo many steam locomotives being restored, several in freight revenue service again, I’m telling you guys steam is coming back built by love and appreciation. These daylight, big boy, 3751 Santa Fe and many other massive PR movements are what I believe is why steam is being brought back in such momentum. I’m not familiar with this locomotive but this videos editing is super good. Can’t wait to see another steam giant alive and well
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Progressive Rail's Dan Patch Line -Switching, industrial areas, and bumpy track-

https://youtu.be/fyeyzSFXz5g

6,086 views Oct 25, 2021 Progressive Rail's Dan Patch Line in Minnesota runs on former MN&S track, and uses classic EMD SW1500's. These locomotives are perfect for negotiating the tight curves, rough track, and the maze of rails in industrial areas the railroad serves. Progressive has the classic EMD switchers in MN&S colors, a fitting homage to the lines heritage; especially since the 36 is a former Minneapolis, Northfield, and Southern unit.

Progressive has done a wonderful job in bringing back business to this route, and continues to grow!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NATIONAL RAILROAD EQUIPMENT at Mt Vernon. Complete rebuild of a old GP9

https://youtu.be/bsIC-q_kbQ4

Complete strip down of an fifty year old MP9 loco
Rebuild from cleaned up base plate using new computer controlled GEN SETS.
Blues Comments:I used to watch these particular Locos, in groups of 2-3 if I recall correctly do lots of Switching in San Gabriel Valley, So Cal, over the years, before the line was sold.

Switching with a Santa Fe GP20 in 2020 (Napoleon, Defiance & Western)

https://youtu.be/vCYUDECyzAQ

I remember these old Geeps in TP&W service when I was a kid. Filthy, grimy, and rusty back then, too. I think Pioneer got at least some of them when they bought the
Blues Comment:My take, how do you measure up on Honesty, vs I need to do something this way? I leave the rest up to you folks.

Runaway train: Investigating a fatal CP Rail crash - The Fifth Estate

https://youtu.be/RstfTeV3X_4

Jan 27, 2020 A former front-line investigator with CP Rail's own police force alleges that his investigation into the deadly derailment of Train 301 was shut down after just a month by his company. “I was ordered to stop investigating,” said Mark Tataryn.
CSX Hauls Baltimore Coal Pier Slug Set Thru Morgan

https://youtu.be/BLeiOViu6m0

Jun 27, 2019 CSX mixed manifest freight train Q372 hauls Baltimore Coal Pier Slug Set eastbound through the Morgan Station Road grade crossing along the Old Main Line. Woodbine, Maryland. Locomotives: CSX 873(GE ES44AH), CSX 6501(EMD GP40-3 Ex- C&O), CSX 5A(EMD GP39 Ex- C&O), CSX 5B(Yard Slug Ex- C&O EMD GP9), CSX 5C(Yard Slug Ex- C&O EMD GP9), & CSX 3425(GE ET44AH).
Blues Comments: For my Aussie Friends!

Historical Australian Railways - The Yarra Valley Railway's Vintage 1948 Walker Rail Motor.

https://youtu.be/-gCEyTqIBKU

Jan 25, 2022 Welcome to Schony747 trains on Wednesday. If you enjoy the video, hit the like button and smash the bell for weekly updates on Schony747.

Today Schony747 visits The Yarra Valley Railway. It's a tourist railway based of of Healesville near Melbourne and totally run by volunteers. The line that connected Healesville to Melbourne closed in the 1980s. Now the railway runs a former Victorian Railways Walker Rail Motor dating back to the 1940s. The Rail Motor currently runs the short distance between the historic Healesville Railway Station the historic brick tunnel. Plans are in place to extend as far as Yarra Glen in the next few years.

Sit back as Schony747 takes a look at the Walker Rail Car and some of the operations around the railway. Have a great week - Brenden S.
Blues Comments: For our Historical Buffs to enjoy.

A Different Erie Lackawanna: The ERIE's Old Allegheny Division Before and in EL Times -Mike Schleigh

Premiered Jun 23, 2021 This presentation celebrates those early years of the railroad when past practices had yet to be reformed into a more modern railroad. While signs of change had arrived with repainted and re-lettered passenger equipment, this presentation predates the arrival of all those large six-axle EMD and GE locomotives lumbering around super-elevated double-tracked curves. Former passenger “E” units were yet to receive new coats and repainting of a full DL&W-style freight locomotive fleet was soon underway but nowhere near completed.
Blues Comments:Looks like this part of a Series. If you can't find the others, let me know, and I'll see if I can find the start....U might just need to Subscribe and it will in that Subscription?

Long Leaf Historical Series: Episode VIII - The Clyde Double Drum/Re-Haul Skidder

https://youtu.be/ztSsxifqLVU
The Day The Gauge Changed

https://youtu.be/4v81Gwu6BTE

The completion of the transcontinental railroad in 1869 was not the only amazing feat of American railroad engineering in history. In 1886, railways in the south managed to convert the gauge on an estimated 11,500 miles of track in a period of just 36 hours. The History Guy remembers the 1886 Southern Railroad Gauge Change, an important moment in railroad history.

And that's a Rap for today, much to do this week. Take care, be Safe, stay Healthy.

SSD Crash and Burn from overheating discussion

I don't think I ever got around to really discussing my Burned up SSD in ASUS Laptop, 17" model bought in 2018, which as of now qualifies it as Dinosaur rated, ancient. But it has been upgraded to 16 to 32 Gigs of Ram, SSD 1 to 2 Tera, second drive Platter 500 Gig to 2 Tera. GPU is hardwired so I am stuck with NVIDIA 10 GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. (Don't laugh its paid for, about 1300$ back in the day!):hehe:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/GL703GS/E14527_GL703GS_GM_V2_B.pdf

Alright so here's the deal, like anything else, my Laptop has the power to work, Graphics rendering Etc, but when you use it at 100%, without a Chiller Pad Fan, it gets really hot. Add SSD's working hard, you have one hot Laptop Cooking.

Heat induced environments lend themselves to so baking and killing Electronic Devices, cumulative destruction, which if your not paying attention, you'll miss it subtly until it hits one day!

For me, I noticed my drive would have small issues not finishing Write to Disk Files, I just thought it was Windows acting up. This went on for about 2 months, till one day, my computer didn't boot up, the SSD had burned out. Fortunately, I had several backups. But I still needed to do a Fresh install of Trainz and other Programs to have the latest Software added.

Now if I had a recent Image Drive File, it would have been a no Brain-er, but all I had was Portable Hard Drive and Cloud, which in hindsight is far better than no backup!

One thing to understand, when you have a Desktop Computer then shrink things to Laptop size there is absolutely and greatly increased loss of open air space. Fans for Laptops are only going to do what they can, until they get full of Dust and Grit. In the beginning I didn't ever use a Chiller Cooling tray with 1-5 Fans. Never thought about it, till Summer came around, better late than never, HMMM? Well that delay cost me my SSD drive from Overheating!

Another thing I found out, just like you CPU has a thin Cooling Strip to pull heat out between it and Fan, SSD's do not come with Cooling strip, Laptop Makers do not bother to add it.

And lots of Laptops do not have Physical space for cooling strip. (Your mileage will vary)

The gist of this message, one needs to observe the heat factor, apply the appropriate cooling efforts, Chilling Pad, Reduction of Max CPU cycles, I reduced mine to 96%. If your not sure about these type changes, you should contact someone technical that can advise what are the best options. Like anything else in the general sense, tread carefully, one step at a time. Simple Changes, note-taking like a Scientist on R&D projects too see if these incremental changes yield the expected results. Computers are fussy animals.

Listed below are some relief notes and links to Heat reduction.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=reducing+cpu+temperature

Will Under clocking CPU reduce heat?
Under clocking is used to reduce a computer's power consumption, increase battery life, reduce heat emission, and it may also increase the system's stability, lifespan/reliability and compatibility.

https://appuals.com/how-to-undervolt-cpu-to-reduce-temperature/

https://www.maketecheasier.com/does-nvme-ssd-need-heatsink/

Oct 1, 2021 — Do NVMe M.2 SSDs need heat sinks? Our answer would be a resounding YES. While it is easy to install and forget about your NVMe SSD, these drives ...

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=ssd+heatsink+necessary

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid-state_drive

Solid-state drive
From Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation
Jump to search
A 2.5-inch Serial ATA solid-state drive
Samsung 250GB mSATA SSD with mSATA to USB 3.0 enclosure

A solid-state drive (SSD) is a data storage device, typically used in a computer. It uses flash memory to store data even after power is turned off. SSDs are designed to access data in the same way as traditional hard disk drives (HDD's). A HDD can usually be directly replaced with an SSD.

The best thing about solid state drives is that they have a much faster read/write speed than hard disk drives.[1] They also have no moving parts, which means they don't make noise or break as easily. However, SSDs are can be more expensive than a hard drive. This also means that for the same price, someone can get much more capacity if they select a HDD instead.

A hybrid drive combines the features of an HDD and an SSD into one unit. It contains a large HDD and a smaller SSD cache to improve performance of frequently accessed files. A hybrid drive can offer almost the same performance as an SSD and it can contain more capacity. The price is also lower than of an SSD. The main market for this drive are the laptop users as these devices can accommodate no more than one drive.[2]

The solid state drive technology is improving quickly and new SSD models are being introduced often. However, they have not gained popularity among many users. We still find that HDD's are still dominating the market. Sales of SSDs are expected to escalate and overturn that of HDD's after 2020. The biggest draw back to SSDs over hard disk drives is that SSDs have a limited amount of read and writes it can take before the sector fails as is not a large issue with traditional hard disk drives. [3]
SSD form factors
An M.2 (2242) solid-state-drive (SSD) connected into USB 3.0 adapter and connected to computer.

When SSDs were first introduced into the market, manufacturers' made sure that they fit into the slots and bays initially used by the HDD's. As such they had the 3.5 and 2.5 inch form factors. However, as technology advances, more form factors emerged. Smaller form factors that directly interfaces with PCIe and NVMe slots emerged. These included the mSATA, PCIe and M.2, form factors.[4] [5] [6]
NVMe SSDs
NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express) is a communications interface and driver for PCIe SSDs and NVMe SSDs have higher transfer rates than traditional SATA SSDs up to 32,0000MB/s. Also has a new mechanism called “Submission and Completion Queue” that manages and controls data flow into queues. Like a computer with 6 cores might have 6 queues and are kept in the cores cache. The traditional form factors 2.5 inch and M.2 as well as being able to slot into a PCIe x16 with an expansion card. Also pushing the max capacity of a consumer NVMe SSD to 8TB as of 2022.

Hurricane Kay Rains Yay! / Coastal Rte Pics/Y Tube Pics

Good Rainy Day to all,

Yup that's right, finally the tip end of Southern Hurricane is making its way to California.
https://weather.com/storms/hurrican...-storm-kay-rainfall-flood-southern-california

Off course they worry about flooding, LOL, We need this Rain badly, I'll take with some Flooding, by the way, Flooding is normal for Rainstorms.....!

I continue my work on Coastal merge, with a dash of Day in the Woods Route merged with something else. I worked so much on Coastal, I needed some fresh perspective, so changing to another Route was just what the Doctor ordered. Now I having fun changing a whole lot of things. Will see how this turns out in month or so.

Filled the land for 50% more room picked up a Corn Silo I think, whatever it is, will move a lot Farm Product. Lots more high capacity Silos. Going to take a while to move and populate our new expanded area. One of the reasons I expanded I need to re orient a lot of Track puzzles that looked good but clearance and functionality just wasn't happening.

Map over view of what it looks like couple of weeks ago, tracks are more fluid now, the kinks are getting less.

More current new area has new tracks laid out, my curve was a bit off in the back, so had to tear out some buildings and put in some that fit the area better, allowing a proper return loop curve.

Working in Wire Grid Mode, my favorite setup, helps me get things lined up and Squared off properly. Plus I use my builtin Ruler too. Really helps me to align my curved track.

During our expansion phase I had to put several Consist out Cold Storage. Lots of Snow here, little Sunshine,,and hits below freezing every night.....Important thing, keep the Diesels running and don't let the Fuel lines freeze up. Cold Snowy area looking across, I'm slowly making massive mountains to match up with front side view.
We even have a consists sitting in the Tunnel too, all tunnels have good ventilation Tubes.

Beautiful deep inviting Crisp air and Blue Skies await us a we take a peek outside the Tunnel opening.

Repositioning new Spur tracks for industry.

Using a couple of Ruled out Tape lines I can get fairly good looking half circle too lay in my Loop Line return track.

Laying in some new Buildings and Rail Lines in the new Harbor area.

Blues Y Tube Pics of the week:

Long Leaf Historical Series: Episode VIII - The Clyde Double Drum/Re-Haul Skidder.

https://youtu.be/ztSsxifqLVU

Nov 18, 2020 Hosted by Everett Lueck, this short documentary focuses on the history of the Clyde Double Drum/Re-Haul Skidder at Long Leaf, Louisiana - Southern Forest Heritage Museum.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Day The Gauge Changed

https://youtu.be/4v81Gwu6BTE

The completion of the transcontinental railroad in 1869 was not the only amazing feat of American railroad engineering in history. In 1886, railways in the south managed to convert the gauge on an estimated 11,500 miles of track in a period of just 36 hours. The History Guy remembers the 1886 Southern Railroad Gauge Change, an important moment in railroad history.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Abandoned railroad station & track being restored - Fall River, MA - 1/2022

https://youtu.be/9GcAO3egHEQ

Jan 26, 2022 As part of the South Coast Rail Project the former passenger station site in Fall River, MA formerly known as "Bowenville" or "Fall River" is being restored. The station building itself was demolished in 1954 but the station platform stayed in service until 1958 when passenger service was cut. In 2022 construction progress on the South Coast Rail project is approaching the half way point meaning the Fall River station is taking shape for the late 2023 start up of service. To build the station a new elevated platform is being built where one of the old platforms was historically. In addition to the platform, a second track is being built as the "station track" alongside the current single track mainline. To do this four additional bridges over roadways have to be rebuilt to add this second track. Two of the four bridges were built in 2016 and may be seen in a different video.
The Jackson & Lansing Railroad: Antique Locomotives of Michigan

https://youtu.be/lRE_rsiqSoQ

The Adrian & Blissfield Railroad is a Class III short-line company that operates five different railroads in the southern lower peninsula of Michigan. One of the shorelines the company operates is called the Jackson & Lansing Railroad (reporting mark JAIL), which operates between the two namesake cities in Jackson and Ingham Counties. The JAIL has become one of the more successful short lines in the State of Michigan and is a rail fan favorite for their roster of classic EMD GP9s.
Steel Industry Railroading in the CLE

https://youtu.be/HR_HAgKsMfM

Sep 3, 2022 The dawn of the 2022's long Labor Day weekend saw me taking a long overdue and impromptu day trip to the banks of the Cuyahoga River in the heart of Cleveland's steel district! With a fleet of EMD SW1001s and SW1500s, the Cleveland Works Railway, better known as The Crow, works the massive steel industry non-stop while moving materials such as molten steel, coke, steel coils, and steel slabs fresh out of the oven, from one section to another!
Last Trains To Pass Abandoned Depot, Railroad Diamonds & Fast Trains In Deshler, Ohio, CSX Trains!

https://youtu.be/syAIb4l8Mx4

The Abandoned Railroad Station Sees Its Last Trains! Fast CSX Freight Trains Pound The Diamonds! Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad and Canadian National Railway are seen. These trains are in Deshler, Ohio on the CSX main lines that cross next to the old railroad buildings. The old train station was torn down just a few days after I filmed this. CSX wanted it moved but nobody had the funds to do it. We also see a 3 track railroad crossing in town with a westbound train. We get a close look at the rail at the crossing and a close look at the rail on an abandoned railroad siding next to a building. Look how old that rail is! 1915. Deshler also still has some old Baltimore And Ohio Railroad signals that are still in use. These signals are on the Toledo Sub and there are some more of them that I filmed in Troy and Tipp City, Ohio. I rode up to Deshler with 1960gambit and we hung out with rail fans at the Deshler Crossroads Park. What did you think about all the foreign power that I caught? What did you think about the poor train station being torn down?
Garden Railroad Update Sept 1, 2022 - The Garagemahal Railroad

https://youtu.be/o96bdT31M0g

The garden railroad continues to develop! We now have the connection to the inside finished and working well. The hill to the garage opening is completed, all waterproofing in place, track laid, and working from the "kitchen" through the bathroom and onto outside.

ALSO, the wiring from one end to the other is finished and working, with DCC and Loco Link, so the Connie's are now operating outside in the weather. Fears of DCC not working well in the harsh environment are baseless, everything works great, EVEN IN THE RAIN! Our system is overkill, we have a 10 gauge bus running under all tracks, and 14 or 16-gauge "drops" to EVERY RAIL. Soldered so that no rail joints are required to carry power, even though they do, a redundant power system! AND it has never failed us.

The Digitrax wireless is working fine. I had assumed we would need a range extender, but no. The throttle works well all the way to the west end about 75 feet from the controller, outside, and through two walls. One cinder block.
CABOOSE On Norfolk Southern, Coal Train Passes 10 Locomotives, Train Crosses Big Trestle, Kenova W.Va

https://youtu.be/EaoYuODfBxM

I Didn't Expect To See This In West Virginia! First A Red Caboose Passes Me On Norfolk Southern. Then A Gigantic Railroad Trestle Over Kenova, West Virginia & The Ohio River Sees A Train Booking Over It & Then A Huge Loaded Coal Train Passes Me & 10 Locomotives Stored In The Railroad Yard. These trains are in Kenova, West Virginia on the CSX and Norfolk Southern mainlines.
OK Folks, I got to get going outside with Weed Pulling in Yard, we have more Rain coming today thru Monday? No complaints here, take as much as we can get, all the Dams and Lakes in our 11 States of Drought are way done.......Historic and Sad......

Prayers to those who are Ill, and Blessed Sunday to my friends.

Thank you for dropping in......

A Day in the Woods/Y Tube Pics

Good Evening all,

Finally Summer got the boot, now instead of 108 Temps, we have 82-85 and going down slowly as our days get shorter. You couldn't imagine how well Weeds, Flowers, and Ultra Large Crab Grass can grow when its this hot! Enjoying this time when Fall drifts in.

As per the Trainz scene, when I come after weeding, I go to work on A Day in the Woods, Route, I deconstructed and rearranged the whole Route for my needs. And it coming along nicely. Of course I merged another Route with it too increase the Driving Range.

Tonight's Pics will be Stuart Mesa Yard to San Diego Border, about 15 Miles long.

Route Information, very well done

These Tracks to Building need to redone, this as it is, does not make sense......Not sure what Author had in mind?

I might just remove this whole Train Bridge to building if I can't figure a better way too fix this....

So type of Gas or Oil Lines here, I think I will rearrange them differently......

Route has high density amount of Homes and Condos, I had to thin it out, was too much Graphic overload on my GPU, reduced by 50% over all, including Trees too......

Foot Plate Phils Weddin Route, such a cool route to run on.

Lots of Shunting and long runs too.

I pushed the Tankers thru the building Walls, and overshot the Tracks.....Egads........

Lots of Rolling Stock brought in, now I need to get them moved to different points of the Route......Love this Route....

AS&M RXR CAO Fish Harbor Look what you can make on single Tile,,,,,,,Very Cool.

Blue's Y Tube Picks of the week:

Drivers eye view from Bolton Abbey to Embsay Station on board the NER Autocar - Full Line Run!

https://youtu.be/8z6XQX2nUE8

Sep 15, 2022 Hello everyone,
Join Lawrie today for a trip along the length of the Embsay and Bolton Abbey Railway from the cab of the unique NER Auto car.

A massive thank you to both the owning group and the Embassy and Bolton Abbey Railway for letting us take out the Auto car, for more information on the railway have a look at their website here: https://www.embsayboltonabbeyrailway....
Ex-Abandoned Railroad Siding back in use - New Bedford, MA -

https://youtu.be/Etq-uNpC4yM

Sep 15, 2022 On the night of September 14, 2022 Mass Coastal MC-4 ran to the once abandoned Revere, Copper, & Brass railroad siding in New Bedford, MA. The track, now used by Shoreline Resources, had it's first use last month. The first two loads were emptied as three more came in so they swapped out cars on this track for the first time in 30 or so years. The steel pile loads will be used on the new pier for Shoreline Resources.
Back in use: Providence & Worcester Railroad's new customer in Provport - Part 2

https://youtu.be/p0JJ3OLCLsE

Sep 14, 2022 About 4-5 years ago the last limestone train left Providence, RI and the spur to Provport sat silent and unused. In very late 2021 the limestone traffic returned and the spur was put back to use. The spur to my knowledge was never out of service, just simply unused because no rail customers were in Provport at the time. Unfortunately I missed the limestone traffic but interestingly enough a new customer started to use the spur in the Spring of 2022. This customer is actually moving lumber from Germany to Connecticut (and beyond) using ship and rail. The ship from Germany comes into Provport and the lumber is then transferred onto center beams for a trip to Perma Treat in Durham, CT. From there the lumber is sent out after presumed treatment although I do not know their final destination.
New build roundhouse on the Wiscasset, Waterville, and Farmington - 8/2022

https://youtu.be/wW8MPRnrEJM

This video as of mid-August 2022 shows the progress of the new build roundhouse on the WWF at Alna, ME. WWF will use this building to store and maintain their multiple steam locomotives.
Rare CSX SD40-2 on the BNSF with two C40-8Ws

https://youtu.be/6nksZddjyIA

Sep 12, 2022 Its been many years since a CSXT SD40-2 was seen leading a mainline train in Minnesota, and down the line to Wisconsin. That changed this past week when a SD40-2, and two reactivated C40-8Ws, were on a grain train. Having a locomotive like this lead has become quite rare in the past few years.

We'll chase this train from Dayton's Bluff in Saint Paul, all the way to Alma, WI on a beautiful September morning. The first scenes feature the train as it snakes past Diamond Bluff, Oakland, and Cottage Grove. The mix of older power was a welcomed sight, and the lead unit had a fantastic horn. With ditch lights flashing, and its horn sounding, it is seen again rounding the curve at Prescott. After crossing the Mississippi River, the train races at speed past Diamond Bluff, and Maiden Rock. After this, we see it a few more times before calling it a day at Alma. See this power, and these locomotives was a welcomed sight.
Look What I Found At The Railroad Crossing After A Big Rock Train Passed! What Would You Do With It?

https://youtu.be/ZjlcGzmIjsc

Sep 15, 2022 Right After A Big Rock Train Passed A Level Railroad Crossing I Found This In The Ditch! Have You Ever Had Something Like This Happen? I Didn't Know What To Do But It Was Handled. This is the short line railroad Cincinnati Eastern Railroad, CCET. 1st we see the train in Mount Orab, Ohio at the High Street railroad crossing. One of the gates malfunctioned. Then we see the train passing over Sicily Road. Next we see the other side of the train. This is Matthews Road where I found the little fella. Then we see the train at the Sardinia Wye sanding the locomotives. Then they backed onto their train and continued on to the quarry for loading at Plum Run, Ohio. This is the rock shuttle train that takes loads to Round bottom Road in Milford, Ohio.
SD40-2s for five days on the BNSF

https://youtu.be/fHNVfXMk3Eg

May 22, 2018 With the economy picking up again, the freight railroads have seen a spike in traffic. Due to this, classic EMDs like the SD40-2, are once again roaming the mainline out of North town Yard. In this clip, we'll see five days of SD40-2 action on the BNSF mainline. There is even an all green SD40-2 trio that'll we'll chase on the Staples Sub. This is truly a neat time to be track-side on the BNSF, and see the classic SD40-2 leading out on the mainline as it was meant to be.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------'
Switching Action on The Minnesota Commercial with Old GE's working hard!

https://youtu.be/Gw-hyWmS6Ic

May 23, 2022 The Minnesota Commercial Railway has unique roster of old GE and ALCo locomotives that are in daily service. One of the best places to see them hard at work, is on The Hump, switching out countless numbers of cars. In this case, two former Conrail B23-7s are HARD at work pounding the yard leads, and making switch moves. The classic GE chugging sounded wonderful.

Starting off, we'll get an overhead view of the Minnesota Commercials yard from Transfer Road, in Saint Paul, MN. It was a busy place as the Hugo Job was getting back, and the BNCP was delivering a cut of cars. As this was taking the place, MNNR 2002 and 1983 were getting a workout as they switched out some large cuts of cars. With each pull, and shove, they units made some great noise as they went to run 8. While the Hump was working, we'll see the Hugo's power working around the yard, grabbing others cars a long the way. Tucked away are some the railways unique power, and ALCo RS27, and EMD switcher; neither of which have seen service for years.

And that's a Wrap for tonight, Thanks for dropping by....

Daylight Savings time/TR2022 Thoughts/ UMR 2020 Shots/ Y Tube Picks

A Blessed Sunday to all,

Well soon our time will change again, I hope one day, will drop Daylight Savings time and go to one universal Time. It doesn't serve us well, and cause lots of Accidents when it comes around twice a year, Spring Forward and Fall behind....

Looking at TRS2022, I think for my older Computers, I am going to stay with TRS2019 Platinum, it works nice for me, and since I have only 1050 NVIDIA, which is old for even TRS2019, hard wired, no upgrade possible, it would not serve me well to Advance to 2022 version. Especially with the Tile Density.

When my old ASUS Laptop gives up the Ghost, it is 4yrs old now, Dinosaur, (but works great and I can increase SSD size to 4TB's for Storage etc, I have 2 Drives) then I'll consider getting 2022 Version. I of the older Generation "If it's not broken, don't try and fix it" LOL. As per my Leno, 540 Travel Laptop, 12" wide screen with Base UHD GPS hardwired, that will never be a Candidate, and that is fine, it does fairly well with 2019, but cannot handle large Routes, GPU can not keep up, but for Travel and light weight, love it......Fits in my Luggage perfectly min space required, 1.5 lbs too.....How can you beat that......Besides, it is paid for.

Switching some special Liquid Tankers on UMR 2020 Route.

Looks really Dark out, nasty storm brewing....

Servicing a large customer.

Oil Can rolls thru the back country.

Lot of loads to move today, but some bad Winter Storms are approaching, so will see how it goes.

Our old Gray Ghost is working this Factory.

Filled up our Diesel Tanks, crew is getting their Work Orders for all the loads coming in this afternoon. Cold Frosty day today, Winter is approaching.......

Lots of Boxcar deliveries here. Many, many large Cold Storage Buildings here.

Specialized Farm Tractor working the fields today.....Work is never done if your a Farmer, Early to bed, Early to rise, just ask your favorite Rooster!

UMR Routes, there are several, always lots of fun, plenty to do, large Route........Check them out.

Abandoned rail spur to be restored - New Bedford, MA State Pier

https://youtu.be/lkB8pNKOFbU

Sep 25, 2022 Last month a bill for various transportation/infrastructure projects was being authorized which included $125,000 for the restoration of the New Bedford State Pier Rail Spur Track. This track is about 500 feet in length and splits into two shorts spurs once in front of the state pier building. Last used around 1976 the track could see use again but without enough information we will have to wait and see. Either way with the project getting money allocated for it let's look at the current conditions of the rail before it is restored.
0:10 / 6:23
Tragedy of the Hoosac Tunnel

Feb 3, 2022 https://youtu.be/doXusU69EEM

0:00-0:20 Sneak Preview
0:21-1:04 Intro
1:05-2:50 Backstory
2:51-3:36 Deaths
3:37-4:47 Boring Machine
4:48-6:00 Conclusion
6:01-6:24 Next time
Loram Ballast Cleaner at Ladysmith on 9-20-22

https://youtu.be/9nlo0KJ_r_o

Welcome back to the channel folks! So glad you're here. Have I got a video lined up for you. Had an interesting surprise and it was none other than the Loram Ballast Cleaner train while the "Thunder Cab" of SD70M-2 8023 led as power sporting the Nathan P5 horns. I have never seen or caught one of those cleaners before but that is a first.
Listen and watch how dispatch fits a local trains around an extra long Inter-modal trains
Sep 25, 2022 Listen and watch how dispatch fits a local trains around an extra long Inter modal trains in Logan sport, Indiana

https://youtu.be/c711lm6ub1w
GREEN GIANTS: 2 All green trains on the Eastern Maine Railway!

https://youtu.be/DF6K6A5KLpU

Sep 1, 2022 A very long day of chasing in eastern Maine gave us the EMRY's westbound manifest 207, which we chased all the way from Vanceboro to Lambert Lake. Then only to find out the 907 was on the way with an SD40-2 duo on the front, and another SD40-2 on the rear... So we raced back over to Vanceboro to see the second and last westbound of the day roll through during golden hour!
NEW MEADOWS MARINA

https://youtu.be/zJbiohdyLwk

Mid coast Rail service into Brunswick & CSX RUPO Rumford Jct. to Falmouth Maine
848 views Aug 22, 2022 Cement from Dragon Into Brunswick and CSX RUPO 8/16/2022
WYOMING

https://youtu.be/54D7pm9R4fo

*45 Subscriber Special!* That's a Big Boy Alright! Union Pacific 4-8-8-4 # 4014 In Wyoming!
32 views Sep 24, 2022 He Was Incredible!!
A CSX coal train zooms past me and my grandpa! (A fast CSX coal train at Brunswick!

https://youtu.be/xw20LAEblNY

17 views Sep 24, 2022 This fast CSX coal train gives a horn show next to me and my grandpa! Make sure to comment and tell me what you think of the video, and I’ll see ya on the rails!
Rail Car on Fire! - BNSF Local Train in Vancouver, WA

https://youtu.be/xK79NWGQ5Ro

Oct 16, 2018 (10/14/18) Was out and abound in Vancouver this past Sunday, had a blast time rail fanning with great amount of action. I wasn't expecting to witness something that I've never seen before, a train fire. One of the locals with 2 cars loaded full of metal scrap happen to catch fire while in the yard. From what I heard, they were planning to evacuate the area, but thankfully that didn't happen, instead decided moved the train into more open area where the firefighters could easily put it out. Not sure how it all started, but it was quite the experience to see first hand.
Blues Comments: This is one interesting Video to watch, Bridge Fires are super dangerous, could start a Forest Fire if not quickly controlled.........!

CNR Cisco bridge repairs after tie fire Jul 2013smokeywoodstover
Fire fighting Helicopter with Bambi baskettherealbigfoot18
Freewing L-39 Albatros with Kingtech K30 G3RC Aviator • 285 views4:44
Fire Train - Delta Fire All aboard the Union Pacific fire work traindan
Oversize Load rail crossing Scooby's Scoop
Kaoham Shuttle - Lillooet to Seton PortageTravelTalesVideos
CNR Cisco railway bridge Putting out fire
4,341,256 views Jun 1, 2013 June 30, 2011

https://youtu.be/Gh8QLrl57t8

Valley Helicopters from Chilliwack was hired to scoop water from Fraser river and extinguish fire. CN employees also sprayed water from west end of bridge.
Fire Train - Delta Fire All aboard the Union Pacific fire work train

https://youtu.be/dEo0LhSsnoE

Sep 11, 2018 I first caught footage of this train while it was fighting the Delta fire in Shasta County, CA. I made contact with the crew, two days later, I was invited aboard for a short journey and was given the opportunity to help fight the fire as part of the trip.
Avalanche! | Union Pacific Rotary Snow Plow on Donner Pass

https://youtu.be/7j3ivJx1faE

ov 25, 2020 ** Get a FREE DVD: https://Railfan.Video
** This show: 1 Hour, "Rotaries, Avalanche on the Mountain", https://rfd.video/SnowRotary
** About this video: One of the railroad’s most important tools for battling the snows during unusually heavy Winter seasons just got re-enlisted: The Rotary Snow Plow!. Get it here: https://rfd.video/SnowRotary

Ok, That's a Wrap for today, hot week ahead, Summer reared her ugly head again, 97 Degrees, not much breeze, hope this week is the last of this Heat Wave, time will only tell....

Special thanks to Sir Dave Snow for his latest Grand Locomotives he made, 5 I think....Superb work.....

Thank you for dropping by......

Asset Version Upgrades / New England with Alcos / Y Tube Pics /

Good Monday Morning to all,

Hard to believe it's October already and soon Fall will move in, hopefully our high heat days will receded away for a while. I've been busy remodeling of old Gates around the house, amazing what a little TLZ and Paint can do.

Over to trainz, reading in the forums and observing lots of Asset Version upgrades due to the advent of Trainz 22 needs. I noticed a lot of New Versions showing up on DSL. All told, I think I probably had about 1000 or more New Version updates, could even be 2K. Took several hours to do, now I have all my older version assets updated. Did about 4 DBR's so far so good.

I think I'll give Coastal Route a rest for now, and switch over to NG Route I have had for several years, still in WIP on changes I made to it.

One of my many Favorites are these Alco Units, their Livery Colors are very appealing to me, along with good Smoke and Sound Production.

Triple Grey Ghosts lineup is in for some heavy Mining Ore Car Shunting today. I can assure you they are more than up to tasks in this Hilly area!

Getting this loading Ore Station to match the ground level properly was a real challenge for me.

In order to move the amount of heavy Ore Cars on this 3.5% grade, I had to balance with available Power Units, there not going to give me 4, so I need to make it with 3, took a few times to smooth out Grade Changes, but I finally got it after 5-6 times of changing elevation......

Lots of heavy loads to move and around.

A side shot of my Loading Platform.

Weather is getting ugly hard freeze possible tonight. and we could end up with icy sitch points.

Going down this hill, speed control is important in the event passing trains have a switch set against us. Runaway and head on collisions is not a good place to end up.

This is the switch point I was previously alluding to, I blew threw this switch a couple of times, fortunately for me, no inbound trains, but it could have ended up in derailment by hitting the cure ahead at above the rated safe speed.

Needed a helper on the end to get up over the heavy grade.

Blues Y Tube Pics of the week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Out of use Watuppa Branch Current Conditions - 8/2022

https://youtu.be/QXzcAGjx1qI

Oct 1, 2022 Note: Thumbnail is not in the video but is of the Watuppa Branch at the beginning of the rail trail 1/2021

Here's a brief look at the west end of the Watuppa Branch from Davis Rd. Westport to the beginning of the rail trail in Fall River, MA. This is only covering the short section of unused in place track past Route 88 to Fall River and not the whole west end that is now a trail.

This section of track is owned by Mass Dot and Mass Coastal holds the freight rights. Due to the the Bay Colony owning the track from New Bedford to MP6 in Dartmouth the rest of the active branch is sub leased to BCLR.

This is a short video but it is possible a more in depth video may follow down the road. There is also no plan of restoration of this track although a section to Mid-City Steel was briefly talked about about 20 years ago. The steel distributor trans loaded a few bulkhead flats of steel at Mid City Scrap but then stopped not long after.

I should also note the tracks are not visible at all throughout this video! At Sanford Rd. they are paved over and buried under vegetation on both sides. The track outside the hotel is buried but intact. Lastly the section at the rail trail is removed where the pavement is. I'm considering going back in the winter to photograph the ROW/track again to show rail is still there underneath everything.
The Signal Engineers - 1962 - Electrical Engineering on the Railway

https://youtu.be/6Oc_50DnGG0
Chasing America's Train

https://youtu.be/lKTMgJWNnDo

Jun 19, 2022 The time drew near for my much-anticipated chase of Reading & Northern's Fast Freight: NRFF! After basking in the hot June sun for over an hour in Port Clinton, the northbound manifest finally appeared from around the corner, surprisingly on time down to the minute, being led by an SD50M and two SD40-2s (including a snoot nose)! From there I gave chase to Mountain Top, stopping along the way at scenic locations along the R&N mains!
TRRS 504: Rail car Wheel Replacement

https://youtu.be/8Qv7y0W_mNM

May 25, 2017 31 March 2017 - Janesville, Wisconsin
Wisconsin & Southern Railroad Wheel Changeout

Steel wheels on steel rails is a great way to move a lot of freight, but those wheels better be circular! From time to time, wheels must be changed out due to defects, particularity for flat spots. Usually the result of the car being dragged with the brakes still applied, the spots are cause for concern as they can do damage to track and lead to wheel failures.

For this two-bay covered hopper, a wheel impact detector, a high-tech piece of wayside defect detection, caught it leaving Chicago thumping along. So when the car arrived at the Wisconsin & Southern's Janesville yard, it was kicked to the repair track for a new set of wheels.

Watch as the carmen show off the wheel replacement process to the next generation of railroaders from Michigan Technological University's Railroad Engineering and Activities Club (REAC).

How are railcar trucks connected to the cars? What parts make up a truck? How do they swap out wheels? All of those questions and more in this 504th episode of the Thornapple River Rail Series.
SD70MAC led coal train climbs Mullan Pass

https://youtu.be/In3zXS4dKQA

Jun 10, 2013 Greenhorn Trestle is graced with the elegance of an Executive SD70MAC-led 125 car coal train. Oh and some other locomotives too.
Crank Up the Speakers! 20 Cylinders in Montana!
Jul 17, 2014 BNSF has leased a dozen Montana Rail Link SD45's for use on locals in Havre, Mont. and freight service between Laurel, Mont. and Spokane, Wash.

These SD45's still have their amazing sounding EMD 20-645's under the long-hood, making them rather rare beasts.

I set out to the land of the MRL for over a week recently, and came away with a few clips. July 4th and 5th, MRL hustled a H-KCKSPO1-29A out of Laurel and Missoula respectively, allowing for some chasing and decent shots.
"Boeing Train Shuffle" - BNSF Mukilteo Train action 2006

https://youtu.be/ZoEx8jwc2Lo

Mar 6, 2014 Mukilteo,WA June 2006 - The "Boeing Shuffle in progress on this day, filmed in Hi-8mm- uploaded 1st time today(3-5-2014) This 20 min video shows how the Boeing Shuffle moves aircraft freight cars on the main line through Mukilteo. The Boeing Everett Consist was waiting for the Boeing Renton consist to arrive at MUK. BN 2080 and BN 2081 (EMD GP38-2 7369-3 and EMD GP38-2 7369-4 respectively) wait on the siding. As BN 3014 BN 2910 NREX 8865 arriving from the north, with the Everett/Renton consist - they slow to a stop on the main to 'shuffle the load" BN 3014 uncouples the Boeing heavy cars for the siding and then re positions back to the main to re-couple the Boeing Renton fuselage cars. The 2 Boeing 737-800 series fuselage cars are Boeing serial 34418/ln 2012 destined to become a 737-8F2(WL) registered as TC-JGU and amazingly delivered to Turkish Airlines on Aug 15th, 2006, a mere 5 months later. The 2nd Boeing 737-8FE(WL) is serial 34441/ln 2015 to be registered as VH-VUI but shows not delivered to Virgin Australia Airlines until April 5th, 2011,,5 years later. As the Boeing Renton train leaves south, the Boeing Everett train re positions for the uphill push with an Amtrak Cascades blasts through Mukilteo. The Boeing Everett train starts the uphill push as fading sunlight settles over the Puget
MP Transfer Caboose - Port of Salt Lake, UT 8/22

https://youtu.be/rxjCm8Lqpp4

Thank you for dropping by......

You got me with this one Blue! But no link! Do you still have the link for this? :udrool:

Jul 17, 2014 BNSF has leased a dozen Montana Rail Link SD45's for use on locals in Havre, Mont. and freight service between Laurel, Mont. and Spokane, Wash.

These SD45's still have their amazing sounding EMD 20-645's under the long-hood, making them rather rare beasts.

I set out to the land of the MRL for over a week recently, and came away with a few clips. July 4th and 5th, MRL hustled a H-KCKSPO1-29A out of Laurel and Missoula respectively, allowing for some chasing and decent shots.

You got me with this one Blue! But no link! Do you still have the link for this? :udrool:

Sorry Forester1,

Was having a little problem with links last night. I owe you a Virtual Cup of Joe...........Coffee.........:hehe:

Here you go Sir.....:wave:

https://youtu.be/qxgv467nHUc

Jul 17, 2014 BNSF has leased a dozen Montana Rail Link SD45's for use on locals in Havre, Mont. and freight service between Laurel, Mont. and Spokane, Wash. These SD45's still have their amazing sounding EMD 20-645's under the long-hood, making them rather rare beasts. I set out to the land of the MRL for over a week recently, and came away with a few clips. July 4th and 5th, MRL hustled a H-KCKSPO1-29A out of Laurel and Missoula respectively, allowing for some chasing and decent shots. Hope you enjoy, crank up the speakers!

Ahhhh. Thank you sir! Music to my ears (especially with the subwoofer!), and a sight for sore eyes. MRL under the wide Montana skies! I would have loved to hear it idling in the yard or starting from a dead stop. That would have been a rumble!

Water Damage? Coastal Rte, Wire Mode, Old Trolley Cars

A Blessed Sunday all,

Ole Blue decided it was time for a little break, for the last month have been busy catching up on all the Honey Do and past Maintenance time tasks around the house, Roofing and Fence and Paint repair. Unfortunately I found some more issues on my Roof from Roofer's not doing their job correctly. I guess the good note is, I didn't have any leaks, but have a significant amount of Roof Rot and Water Damage, upside better to find now, than in the middle of Rain Storm with leaking Roof. Yes you think lot of Roofing isn't happening in Cold Wet Winter.

Looks to me like I need to replace at minimum, a few sticks of Fascia Board, at least one one Plywood Board, and possibly a Sister Raftering. Don't feed like crawling thru two different Attics to view the problem. So I will do a partial Roof tear off. I will say, I thank Roof Gods, for allowing close to 30 years of good Roof cover, with only 3 minor leaks in various parts.

We decided to spend a 3 day weekend up Frazier Park, Ca, we pass this area on Grapevine when heading up only one of 2 Routes connecting, Central Ca to Southern Portion. You can really tell the effects of Drought, burned out areas, dying Trees, extremely dry ground.

Lots of Bears up here, been to warm, so they haven't hibernated yet. We saw several the last couple of nights out foraging for Food.......

Over Trainz, I did Win11 Feature update on my Asus, no issues or slowing noticed, I am pausing for 2 weeks on my Travel Laptop, S540 Lenovo, just to make sure I don't run into a problem. Some folks say, this latest feature update has caused file transfer degrade!

Today's Pics, Coastal Rte, Wire Mode, Old Trolley Cars.

I did lot of Elevation Changes, Bridge needed to have better height clearance.

Take a close look at Grid Structure lines, this is probably do to me merging different Routes, solution Figure out which Grid is dominant, replace with Grid Selection. Doesn't mean you have too, but I can't stand looking at out of order Grid lines. I need order in that respect to link up my Ground Assets, Rail lines etc.

I think this is my San Diego Lossan Route for Sprinter/ Amtrak 14 mile section, I added an Inland Valley Branch, in this area, the Curve was way to tight, so I need to decrease the Tight Radius too allow for 3Axle Locomotives and long profile Steam Engines.

I messed around with the Water area several times, eventualy removing the large Pond and filling it in with Several Farmland Buildings and some Tree Orchards. I have plenty of surrounding Water areas, giving me lots flexibility. A long Steamer is doing first run down Track, -3.5% in some spots, find any rogue Elevation Changes.

I don't think I ever mentioned this, In the first 2 years of working in Surveyor Mode never used Wired or Frame Mode where all items on Tile Board are visible both above and below Grid lines? So why would Wire Mode be important? Well you'd be surprised just like an emptied Dam or Pond what items are lost, unknown below. I have found Forests, Homes People Tracks, Water Areas that are not doing anything Etc......When playing in Trainz, every Asset has a GPU Cost. More items, more GPU works, potential for Frame issues. It becomes more significant with us with older, slower, smaller size GPU's.

The other reason I like Wire Mode, it removes all Textures and I can have a clearer uncluttered view to line up my items. If you've never worked in Wire Mode, it seems very strange at first, but you'll get used to it over time.

Over in this one, I found a couple of Bridge Piers that had were forgotten about. Another I forgot about, sometimes you find Asset Objects that may have inadvertently been sunk below grid-line, looked OK. but missing first floor level of building.

Old Pics of Whittier Ca Pacific Electric Cars, if I recall part of Grand Trolley 350 Mile Network from San Bernardino to Santa Monica, from the San Gabriel Mountains to Sea. And will leave it at that.

Smokin' EMDs Climb The Hill https://youtu.be/h8AdJrU8Exc

Oct 9, 2022 After completing work at Olin Chemicals, CSX Niagara Falls local Y123 sets out to head back to Niagara Yard and end their Saturday work shift. With a pair of MP15s and a GP40-2 providing the muscle, and with smoke billowing from the engines' exhausts, the lengthy local charges up the hill over Buffalo Avenue and north up the Niagara Junction Line!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listen & watch the crew break down an empty Soybean train at the grain elevator rail

https://youtu.be/xbCQbiowxTA

Listen & watch the crew break down an empty Soybean train at the grain elevator in Kokomo, Indiana on 2022-10-04
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Narrow Gauge Around the World Part1

https://youtu.be/0fIoWN6BZxk

Jun 28, 2021 Part 1 of a series of 7 on narrow gauge railways around the world. South Africa (Some preserved steam and SAR) and Australia (Queensland Rail).
Narrow Gauge Around the World Part 2 https://youtu.be/3j8ckPw-VA8

Aug 28, 2021 Indian narrow gauge railways, The Nepal railway, Tipong Colliery, Darjeeling-Himalayan Railway, Riga Sugar Mill.
China's delightful Jiayang narrow gauge railway. https://youtu.be/z4tqcprQAXg

Feb 25, 2021 This delightful little railway, in China's Sichuan Province, runs from the shops at Shibanxi to the mine at Huancunjing. Electrics serve the lower portion of the line from the washer to Shibanxi. Steam powers the coal trains, and passenger trains to the villages along the line. Sadly the mine closed, passenger trains were discontinued, and only the odd tourist train now runs.
China's Mighty QJ 2-10-2's https://youtu.be/rujnXQ8sJWw

Dec 11, 2021 QJ steam locomotives working hard on Jingpeng Pass when steam rules. 2003.
QJ 7040 overhaul and shipment https://youtu.be/0au4x8amSnQ

Jul 24, 2018 In 2007, R.J. Corman Railroad Company purchased QJ 7040 from China Railways. The purchase included an overhaul of the locomotive which was carried out at the underground workshops near Jinzhou in NE China. This was the last CR workshop capable of overhauling a QJ, and 7040 must have been one of the last of its class to receive an overhaul there.

The overhaul was supervised by Dennis Daugherty, then Chief Engineer of the California State Railroad Museum who in 2006 had been engaged by Henry Posner III to supervise the overhaul of his two QJs, 6988 and 7081, at the same workshops. The overhaul began in began around May 2007 and was completed in early August 2007 after which the locomotive was moved (with great difficulty because of tight restrictions on the movement of steam locomotives over CR metals) to the port of Dalian for shipment.

This combination of still photos and video include the loco's first test run in Jinzhou and its loading in Dalian.
Newport Secondary South End Update - 10/7/2022 https://youtu.be/syjUFak-KPk

Oct 9, 2022 In this video we take a look at the Admiral Kalbfus crossing in Newport, RI that is being rebuilt. The crossing signals have started to go in as well as the signal bungalow. The line here was last used regularly until 2016 but since then only a few charters and work trains have traversed the track until 2021. With construction starting on the south end last year nothing has run south of the crossing since but regularly scheduled trains are expected to run again sometime next year.
New track: Newport Secondary South End Update - 5/13/2022 https://youtu.be/goIfA2-SQu0

May 21, 2022 Since the last update more track work on both sides of the crossing have been started to be built. This project is rebuilding the Admiral Kalfbus railroad crossing on the currently rarely used south section of the Newport Secondary in conjunction with the Pell Bridge ramp project.
Longleat Safari Park Railway Jungle Express Narrow Gauge Steam & Diesel Trains, August 2011

https://youtu.be/vXmtPLnOlYQ

Aug 28, 2011 A compilation of footage of the 15 inch gauge railway at Longleat Safari Park featuring both Steam and Diesel locos, Longleat Safari Park call it the 'Jungle Express'

Longleat Safari Park & Old Stately Home are near a place called Warminster, in the county of Wiltshire in the uk, it's approx 100 miles west of London

Thank you for dropping buy

Back