Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Dear Blue, when I read your post here on the forum I'm glad because that means you're fine.

A question about train movements, when you send a train from point A to point B, does the AI ​​put the signals and switchers in position or do they have to be done "by hand" beforehand?. It may seem like a silly question but I hardly ever use the train. :eek:

Please take good care of yourself and don't go outside except for the essentials; If you run out of masks or you can't find them, surely you have one of those masks that give on the air lines to sleep and that you can use as a mask for your nose and mouth. ;)
eusa_dance.gif

Hugs from your friend Javier
icon_sombrero.gif

Dear Blue, when I read your post here on the forum I'm glad because that means you're fine.

A question about train movements, when you send a train from point A to point B, does the AI ​​put the signals and switchers in position or do they have to be done "by hand" beforehand?. It may seem like a silly question but I hardly ever use the train. :eek:

Please take good care of yourself and don't go outside except for the essentials; If you run out of masks or you can't find them, surely you have one of those masks that give on the air lines to sleep and that you can use as a mask for your nose and mouth. ;)
eusa_dance.gif

Hugs from your friend Javier
icon_sombrero.gif

Glad to hear from you,

I do my best to stay put, only go out for Food n Gas, that's it.........So far so good, none in family have gotten afflicted with this Corona, other than Nasty Migraine to one of my Grand Kids, and today after 2 days of headaches they are getting better. Ironically we had some masks for painting and dust, so I do use them. All we can do is put our best foot forward and hope for the best.....:)

For AI the way I understand, when you give command to travel to a certain point on your Route, AI will, should, I am being conservative,,because AI can act like a Child, but it is supposed to"

Find the shortest clear distance between to points

A clear route to designated point.

Then swing Switches and clear lights to progress.

When it works, AI looks like a Genius, when one or two things interfere, sometimes AI gets lost and takes a time out.......(You say what just happened) and get really frustrated.......If this makes sense, it's pure logic, everything has to work correctly.

But it could be many things.........Hope this helps you.........I try to use AI when possible to see how well my Signals and Switches are setup, and other things, it helps me see how important it is when I lay tracks, and what works and what does not.....

Hugs and prayers to you my friend,,,,, And for the whole world..........I think the hardest thing about this Corona was when I heard that a 1 year old Baby had passed from Corona........Those are the things that hurt.........:'(

It's Wednesday evening,

Today was the warmer than it has been in quite some time, 80 Degrees, decided to take advantage and accomplish some more work in our Yard. Because we might get a chance of Rain over the weekend.

In the meantime, I have been fooling around with older Boston, New Haven and New England area Routes, and one of the many caused an issue. The Route pictured below is extremely long, and when you try to edit it, the last 1/2 can be viewed in Map View, but when you go down to edit, you the Route layer is out of Focus, if you can see anything at all, it is only the round track Spline points. What is happening the Route is single tiles for to long of distance and my Graphics Card cannot render it for some reason, so apparently when a Large Route is more consolidated width wise it works OK, because I have Routes over 100-200 miles and they render out OK. I think this Route is 300 Miles long, if that is possible.....Interesting that I ran across this situation. The next two pictures show how this Route looks..........

This was the largest picture I could get, this is only 1/2 the size of the Route.

The other thing I found, that may have contributed to the problem, the Tracks had Spline Guide markers every Tile, and I think it was just too many Spline Points like using long Plant Splines. It over whelms my Graphics Card.

This Route is medium size Route in NG, looks very interesting, and I think I will merge it with one of my other Routes later on. Have a bit of Transparency with this older Building and Tree Asset Spline, but I may just add some better trees next to the ones that are not quite clear....Will see how it works out.

New Hope and Old Haven NG Scenic R (3)

"New Hope and Old Haven Narrow Gauge Scenic Railway is a very nice railroad. Take a ride in a beautiful valley surrounded by giant trees, plains with farmland and a slow moving river, and a desert to finish it off. Its starts in New Hope and winds its way through the mountains and deserts to Old Haven.

Requires Rollins Pass Objects from Trainzitallia and Prowler901's D&RGW Watertank"

This is Desert part of Route (downtown area) and higher Mountain passes in the back, very nicely done, I have not ran any NG yet, just did a flyover to see how things lay out here. It is a keeper, and I like it....4 missing Assets, but those are mentioned in Author's Notes as Trainzitallia and Prowler Assets......

Here is the Map of overhead view......Looks to be around 60 or less.

Over on Dave Snow's Alma Route, I need to adjust my water height, I changed a couple of things, and probably miss leveled the Water during a change I made in the River.

And some Merge Route pictures:

My Little Smoky's here pulling some empty Gons.

These little guys, are geared low if I recall, they work real nice for pulling heavy cars, like Ore Gon's

This is a lift bridge for Traffic, I like lit Red and Green Water Guides for Boat Traffic.

That'll do for today, thanks for coming by and please stay safe out there.

Good Morning all and blessed and hopefull Sunday for all as we continue to weather thru this Pandemic.

Other than a Optic Migraine for one of my Grand Kids, which may have been caused by over using Computer and not getting enough breaks for movement? It is tough on Kids just like Adults when they cant physically visit their Friends, Zoom helps a lot, but is not 100% replacement. Glad to have it though.

So we have been a Planting, cleaning out our Garage, and some rooms in the house. Mr's Blue asks me, how in the !@#$%^ did we get all this Junk.....LOL...... I tell her, from in-laws and Parents that have passed away and us probably shopping too much!!!!

So now we are headed into that, if we didn't see it or use for a couple of years, it is time to say so long, donate, throw out, give to another person etc, oh that's write, we cannot donate right now......Because none of the Charities will accept anything till we get out of this Pandemic Mess.......Can't wait.....Anyway, things are looking better as we do a much needed cleanup and head towards a more minimalistic lifestyle.......

Me and Mr's Blue are hobbyists and tinkerers we like to fix and design things for different purposes and gift giving. Keeps the mind fresh, and as some of you know, the older you get, the slower you think and move to some extent.....

So on to Trainz,

I have been up to no good this week, playing around with New Haven, New England Routes off of DSL.....A partial map of the area in which I am looking over so I get better acquainted with this areas Routes, so I can see how the States are related to each other for location names......I have only visited the East Coast twice in my lifetime, since we have in-laws in Boston area. Must say, the Fish tastes excellent there.......Was lots of fun, but extremely cold in the Winter compared to So California......Bone Chilling Cold in the 20-30's when we went....LOL

One of the Routes I found some severely stapled RR Tracks.

Lets see if you can count how many Circles in this one tile for couple of Tracks and Highway, I can't figure out why this is done this way, and it really will hurt your performance in this Route. I don't see any appreciable rise or fall of the ground where these Tracks lay. So what I did was remove 80-90% of these splines and just put a few of Splines where needed to keep the lay of directional curve.....

Another Picture here of way over stapling the Tracks and Roads......I lost count of all the Splines, must be a few 100 or more......I like the Route, but will need to reduce the over use of Spline Stapling here.

This is a different Route, but thing here is, there must be over 100 Miles of main Freeway above ground highway here with 4 track main, because the highway has close piers coming down from the Freeway it kills my Frame Count, and line of vision, so you only see a bit of freeway, as you scan the Route, the Freeway keeps building out.......Now I must say, I run on Laptop, and use only 4 Gigs of Video Ram, for NVidia card, others have much newer and more powerful GPU's but I don't want to have a heat or battery issue with too much Video Ram, so 4 Gigs does fairly well, but with certain routes, it slows appreciably......
With this Route, I will cut the freeway to bridges over Roads and Water only when needed. This help Frame Rates for me. Also, I wouldn't run a 4 Track main, except as a approach to Main Yards and enter changes, this 4 Track main runs almost the whole Route. I can run 3 Track Mains, but 4 is too much, and I find a buffer of 2-3 Track mains works great for my needs and GPU....I use a Gt x 1050 Ti card.

On the straight runs, on every tile, there was small double Spline couple of feet apart, I think was used for 1/10 mile markers. When I delete the tiles to cut this 300 mile Route down, I would have small stubs of Track left over, so had to put back blank tile to get stub hanging in mid air deleted OK.....

Here is a better picture of the stub section, and the Route also had a Signal on each end of the tile, which puzzles me, when you consider the amount of tiles involved on 300 Mile Route,,,,,,So this was another reason, I needed to cut out this long runs.......Another reason, the tiles are single width, I like 2-3 tiles width on all areas, simply due to way the Sky and edges look on single tiles end to end look,,,,I know I can backdrops and Trees buildings etc, but for me, I prefure 2 or more tiles width, depending on what I am doing on the Route......

On long straight runs similar to this, I will have my signals spaced 4-6 miles apart, sometimes 10 miles apart depending on single or double track usage, everyone has there own likes for Signal use....

Picture here showing track stub left after deleting Tile......

This is a 3 tile small Route with Boston Station and Engine Maintenance yard.....Nice layout of Facilities and switching tracks. I will use this for some of my other Routes too......Nice to merge, Elevation is near Zero.....

This is what is left of near 300 Mile Route that was probably 6 screens wide if not more. Their were too many long straight runs between the main cities, and my Video card could handle the whole Route, so I cut and pasted, deleted long Runs, and general demo of Route, and making it to fit my needs. It's WIP, just something to have fun with. Brown colored Tiles are new ones for now. I need to do some more filling in on ends, or one end.......

Boat ride anyone.....This is from Sir Dave's Snow's beloved Alma Route.......I think it is a beautiful and vibrant day here on the River as we slowly cruise through the miles and miles of Riverfront property.

And that folks is my little story for today, take care, stay safe, and lets hope the days ahead will be better.......May God Bless and keep you all OK.......

Hi Blue, I like the last route you showed.:)
I have opened a thread where I explain something that may be helpful to you.;)

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?158198-Real-orography-for-rookies

Hugs and take care.

Javier

Hello my friend,

Thank you for the kind words, and I just checked out the link you mentioned, and see the Map Object Kuid you referred too......Looks really interesting....I will download your object and see how it works......So if I understand it correctly, it acts like a Tracing paper would do. Lay it on a blank Tile and start laying tracks and Streets, Ground cover over the object?

Thank you for the example.......;)

Stay well ole friend and enjoy your week too.

Hugs to you from across the great divide. :D

Yes, that is; you put the tile and place objects and tracks according to the image. Also go to clone one part of a route to another if you use a screenshot instead of the google earth image.;)

Good week to you and Mrs Blue too.

Cheers, Javier

Good evening all,

Continue in our yard, and house, fixing all those little things that need attention, since all of our home for probably another week or two, or whenever things are safe enough to venture out normally. Hope all of your family and friends are doing OK thru these tough times.

As for Trainz, I have putzing around with couple of New England Routes, that I merged, one of them had severe Spline Stapling of Track and Routes, as I alluded and showed you in my last Photo's I getting thru the Routes and de stapling a lot of splines, in the 1000's, a slow arduous task, But I really like these Routes so it will be worth it........Today was funny, while working and redoing an industrial area, I found 3 buildings pushed together as one Asset in spot, I blinked, and then laughed, Author must have been really tired when they hit the Asset Selection Button......I have done it few times myself.....To later on see something that didn't look quite right.......Later on I will show the Route and more pictures when I get further along with it....

Now will look at some of my other Route Merges:
Do a little power move late in day as Storm Clouds hang over us.......

Lets hope we get into the Engine Barn soon, heard there is a Nasty Thunder Storm rolling thru.....Feel bad for the Night Crews, they are in a for soaking Rain and Hail of night.....

Got a nice shipment of Industrial loads for our Customers, today, best crew on the job too, with 30 yrs of experience, I know they'll get these loads in on time, and safely, no short cuts, no blind moves with Freight cars.

Oil ready to come North, and more Freight headed to the Yards as our Oil Drag waits for the main to clear....

Looks like the Storm has moved around us, rather than thru us......

Signals are set for us as pass some Cement Loads to our left......

These engines look pretty good for as old as they are, one thing, they are solid and very reliable, and we do have some newer power, but that is reserved for mainline runs between the city. These are used for local hostler operations in the country area.

A few cars in the wait line here......Lots of shunting in process.....I think we might need a little larger Car Sorting Yard.....Will see how our budget looks for next year, and what land is available around for building a larger yard to use......We also need to speak with the City too, make sure we have an area that won't impact City Plans for Building projects, let's say it is the wise thing to do.......

Hmmmm. Looks like some more clouds moved into the Valley. Will say one thing, makes a nice contrast for Smoke columns against a dark sky.......

This looks like a potential spot possibly for our new yard, Have to see what the city fathers think!
Old saying, best laid plans of Mice and Men have failed, so will you if you fail to plan, or plan to fail.......LOL

Watch "The Worlds Most Crooked Railroad - The Uintah Railway" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/nJhOJ8eseCs

Thank you for coming by, stay safe out there.......

Alma / Old Haven NG Scenic/New England Merges

Well looks like Spring is almost Summer, pretty warm around here, and the very last Snow on our local mountains is just about gone, seeings as we almost hit 94 degrees for a few days. The better part of the heat, our newly seeded patch areas finally emerged so my trenches where our Sewer pipes were repaired will match back in the established lawn........

In the mean time, been fooling around with New England, Conn, and small New York merge ups. Nothing to large, just having some fun, and moving things around. And trying too do a little Spring Cleaning in my Route Inventories. I could stand to shed a few Routes.......Will see? I need to look at older and newer Versions, if any of certain Routes and discard the older ones, since version numbers have risen up to 4.6, wow hard to believe isn't.......And I have only been around since late 2014.......A bare 6 yrs, compared to some you folks coming in at 2000-2003, I gestimating here.....

Alma Shot, Need to take some trees out of the River.....LOL

New Hope and Old Haven NG Scenic Railroad, pictures of downtown areas, I really like this little Narrow Gauge Rte.

Slight off topic, this is a picture of St Mont-Saint_Michel: The historic 3D model comes to life. I thought this was most interesting piece of Art Work......And I could see a small Railroad going around the outside edges of it?

Here is the link for you see more of this......

https://www.microsoft.com/inculture...hel-mixed-reality/?ocid=AID2492522_QSG_379207

New England to N York merge Route, in this section these 3 Shearing Buildings were found together.....I just happened to move this building, too change the water edge and Track-age......Busy redoing all the curves and changing in/out with some different industries etc.

On the other end of this strip of Route, I had to add some blank tiles, as several buildings were stuffed at angles right the edge of the tile, water dropoff off at edge of Tile just didn't work for me, I might add Backdrop panel too.....will see, and I have many backdrop panels to work with.....They quite handy, I drop one in at 45 Degree angle to give depth of vision over on the right side........

When going thru this area on some parts of the Tracks, you see the drop-off Zone here, so I added just one tile, and I rise the ground in the back to make some rolling hills, with copy and past tool, since it just more of these tree groups, it very quick, a matter of maybe 5 mins, since I used to using the copy and paste tool for a lot changes I make......You still need to level or raise the seam lines where the new tile is merge or dropped into this spot....

Over head, shows the water ways and some of the Track work. Bottom tile shows 4 track Amtrak Electrified Corridor, just for effect, it does have train on. However, I just might add a few tiles on each end here with Portals, and I could schedule a dummy Amtrak Train to come across every 1/2 hr.....Hmm? Well that be for a bucket list on this Route, I need to finish the rebuild I am doing, with destapling the tracks and Roads etc.......

Here you can see why I dropped the tile, see how close the buildings are to edge of existing tile, and it's OK if folks make it that, way, my problem, is aesthetics here, I see the drop-off, so it bugs me.....I want to distance away from the tracks.......

Now for the finale, here is how the Route looks like for now, I have cobbled about 4 different little Routes together, and I will probably make connecting tile link from far bottle left up and around the outside of the middle part, and connect to far Right top of the Route. I will show those changes later when I get to that point, I need to do some test runs, and do some more Rail Hookups between merge points, as those are not connected from the middle square section except at one Tile point where it connects to main part of the Route......

Well, I say blessings for all of you out there, and hoping we can finish up with Corona Virus, get back to some normalcy, whatever that will be.......

Thank you stopping in......Peace to all this weekend.

Snyder Merge and new Beer Plant

A Blessed Friday to all, as we continue to weather many deaths in California. I hope you and your loved ones are doing ok.

Hard to believe April has passed us, and on to May, will see how this month goes, hopefully some better news on the Covid 19 Front......in a few weeks......Very tough times for Folks.

Since are lives have dramatically changed for the moment, with all this time away from meetings and other usual things one does in live, me and Mr's Blue have set about to getting all those Honey do lists caught up, about 40 yr's worth I think, OMG I can't believe all the things we said we said we were going to do, and for whatever reason, never quite got there to complete it....LOL

That's life folks, and I am most assured you have similar stories too.........

So this last month, cleaning out the Garage (that'll take some time), and of course the good all Yard, plants to cut back, others to remove, and lots of Flowers to plant. Nope this will not be a few weeks, I fear it could take a few months.....But the bright side, I have been able to get my weight down to a point, it has not been in 30 some years, other than aches and pains from aging, I feel pretty healthy, and to me, that is a bonus round........

Now for the part you are probably waiting for, Trainz:

I continue my merge of parts of New England to New York project, just some scrap pieces and general fooling around to see what I do with it.......Currently working on some new Track for added Connective Tiles I added in some areas, changing, adding, deleting, and moving Hills around etc, as I toy with some ideas.......

At the moment adding some needed signaling in the new Route areas......I post those pictures later.....

Tonight pictures shown here are from another group merge of 5 routes,

In this portion on E/W or Snyder, I added some commercial buildings with Boxcar Service for Beer Plant. In this part of large Plant area, we have a cross diamond setup to allow cars shoved on back side of building for Beer Loads.

On this side, we have Team Tracks serving the other side of the Plant, works very well, as only one crew handles this job, and there is not risk of shall we say Diamond Cornfield Meeting, which could prove deadly at the worst, and bad derailment at the least, depending who meets first at the Diamonds. This is line of sight operation, with stop and proceed on clear, occasionally we might have another crew dropping loads off the large Freight consist, so will suspend the local crew for shunting until the other crew releases their Tracking time, we never run Joint in this area.......Other Rail Companies might, we won't risk it, the outcome could prove costly if not totally disastrous with the loss of an Employee(s).

Large rake of Boxcars being shoved across the Diamond.

And lots of empties coming in for Beer, Oh boy, nothing like a cold and frosty one on a hot day.......

And our approach view as we drop empties past Beer Plant here, getting reading to stop just past the switch, do a reverse move, shove into long, very long Spur, then space one Car at each door of Plant. Just around the Curve to this plant, We also have a switch allowing us to small Beer Plant Rail Yard and then exit out the other end into this mainline we are on here about mile or so up these tracks, works real well for us.......And stops the potential for log jams, with so many Beer Hops and other Freight coming into this very large and busy Beer Plant.

Finally, our overhead view of Plant, and Cars being shoved into right side for loading, takes about 4 hours or little bit more, then Plant will call us for OK pickup for Beer Loads, and there you have it folks, this is how we Roll on this one..

Recall, I mentioned the drop-off look when using 1-2 tiles widths, well you can clearly see it here at this elevation, so how do you cheat,, Put background panels on one or both sides, trees, and or small rolling hills to hide your drop-off....At least that is what I do......Some folks will put several rows of trees close to Mainline line, so your vision of the edge is buffered by looking through the trees, buildings, or other distractions......

And what I don't want to see, is the edges of other Tiles across span if you have your Route with open areas. It just doesn't look right to me....One of my habits when I work in Surveyor is glide over all the track-age at train height with cameras, scanning left and right views to the edges to see if there is any strange drop-offs, especially if you have Tiles coming in 90 degree cutoffs, because you might see unfinished edges from either side of your Rails as they cure to left or right to clear corners of your Route, and many times, I will add a blank tile, and do some basic scenery, or Rolling hills to block off the drop-off points.....

On the same hand, everyone has their own style of doing things, and I have to be respectful of that, and I am, this is just my preference and the way I make changes sometimes, when I run across this situation.

Our scheduled Amtrak, one of the 4 that cross thru here daily. It becomes important to have at least one of the mainlines clear for this fast moving People Mover.....Otherwise, we pay Amtrak fine for delaying a hot shot train........So it is financially in our best interest to keep him moving, and the customers happy, I know this all too well, I have ridden many a Amtrak for out of town Meetings and other Travel needs......

One other thing, my signals are working very well, with the expected Approach indications as seen here........

On the right side here just up a ways, I added 2 working lumber yards with independentant Spur approaches, so either one or two Crews will work these yards for load outs........

As this Amtrak passes by at 70 or better, I look at these magnificent Trees, never seen these before.......Towering Giants guarding the highway crossing inside, yes, their is a small country road passing thru here, and the Drivers better not run this Crossing, else, this Amtrak will take them out in one quick move.

Cleared the Tree Giant Crossing, now we are close to downtown stop, Engineer is slowing speed for Station stop 2 miles down from here. Notice small rolling hills, on both sides of this area, this picture was taken in September last year, since then, a lot of this has changed. You'll see more of how this devoid area looks in upcoming pictures.

When I do merges, put things together, I have a theme in mind, but I have to be honest with you all, I never know how my idea will turn out, I might change things a couple dozen times to get what I am looking for.

I might kick it to the curb, bad idea, never could of worked, and start over.........!

Also, I don't do prototype per see, I like to have fun, and just envision how I would want my Railroad laid out if I owned one, corny, yes, probably so, but it is fun, especially during these tough times we are in....Keeps my mind relaxed and sharp at the same time......

And with that, I bid you a good night, and hopefully a better weekend ahead, prayers to those stricken with Covid-19, for a good recovery, I can't say quick, since this Virus affects everyone quite differently......

May the lord keep and bless all you in need.....Peace

New Weddin Rte and American/American Mountains Payware Route Releases Etc.

Good evening all,

It finally looks like things in Covid-19 Corona Virus might be improving, will see how this fairs out in the coming weeks. I suppose since our weather has turned pretty hot, from 65-75 degrees, to 80-95 it might be helping eradicate the Virus, with all lock down procedures. Fortunately for me and my laws, none of have contracted anything. And I hope and pray all of you are doing OK too. Prayers to those who are ill for a good recovery.......

Ok, so on to Trainz:

I continue working on my Merge Route, signaling, texture changes, Shrubs, adding Tiles here and there, more Waterways etc, and in running some shunting operations, I found a couple of Switches on a very tight cure in industrial area, had to be spanned further apart, since the Switch would not normalize to Spur. It has to do with Pro track, it has to have room to work OK.

With that, will show some Weddin Route, Coal Operations tonight:

While I think about, Footplate Phil made a new Version of Weddin, and I downloaded it last night, this is and always will be one terrific Route by Phil.....Hands down, it fun to run on and has so much to offer. Please if you haven't downloaded any of the many versions of Weddin Routes, grab one or more, and have some fun....They beautiful Routes to play on.

Thread: "WeddinNSW V4 for TRS2019" - The NSWGR Grenfell and Eugowra branch lines - on DLS

Phil's Notes:

WeddinNSW V4.1 for TRS2019 SP1 is now available on the DLS.

V4.1 is a merge of WeddinNSW V4, and the Weddin-Young extension route, and incorporates some other updates and improvements I have made to Weddin since the release of V4. Many of these updates are the result of suggestions and feed back from the Trainz community. If you have previously downloaded and merged WeddinNSW V4 and the extension route yourself you may not wish to download this latest version - especially if you have made a lot of your own modifications. Having said that, I believe that V4.1 is the best version of Weddin yet! I have also uploaded an expanded V4.1 version of the 'Watch the Trains' demo session.

If you have not already done so you will need to upgrade your TRS2019 version to one of the SP1 builds for this latest Weddin release to load correctly. I have tested it in TRS2019 with the SP1 patch applied (build 105096), and in TRS2019 Platinum (build 105100).

I have been lucky enough to see a preview of tomtre's next Southlines release, and have tested the merge between WeddinNSW V4.1 and that route. Lookout for tomtre's upcoming release! The merge with WeddinNSW 4.1 is an almost seamless 30 second process that requires only the attachment of a couple of spline points. The combined routes provide scope for many hours of operation. One minor issue... I have noticed that carz traffic behaves quite strangely after the merge - carz pop up and disappear erratically, and often drive through crossings.

I also tried to merge the Weddin/Southlines combined route with "Lines to the Lachlan (TRS19)" by NSWGR_46Class, to form a 'mega' route which spans the entire Blayney-Demondrille cross country line. Unfortunately, while the actual merge appeared to work OK, there are a number of issues with the result. I am still trying to iron these out, and will post here if I make any progress. (End of Notes)

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...-Eugowra-branch-lines-on-DLS&highlight=weddin
===========================================================================================================
Little headlight in darkness of night here, this is our local running back on turn around Loop heading back into the city.

Steam operation here bringing empty Gons for Coal loading transfer etc. You can see the Coal Tipple operation.

Steam is coming in for Coal Tender fill up.

I put this Coal Tipple in to replace one that wouldn't work properly, and this one has great animation effects here.

Coal supplies are shunted up the Grade Track into the holding boxes, then Chuted out to transfer Gons, or Tenders our loaded as well.

An Alco unit shoves 6 loads into Coal Unit Hopper.

I re laid some of the Track to get better alignment with the Coal Tipple.

Lots of action going on here as Coal Drags arrive from outlying areas.......Etc.

And one more item:AM Version 1.2a BETA Announced

My good friend hiawathamr has put out a new updated version of American Mountains Payware Route.....There are a couple of minor issues on Missing Assets, which he has addressed, and has to do with what version of TRS2019 is being used.......

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?154224-American-Mountains-Released-AND-Support-Thread

And with that, we'll call this a Rap.....Thanks for coming by.....

Hi Blue, my friend.
I'm glad you are well and again I ask you to take good care of yourself.

Today I come with some things on the mat; first a question ...... Is the Talgo Cascades on the DLS? I have the locomotives but not the train.
And now, with your permission

The creek or the beach

In trainz the sea is flat in the land-sea union; Have you ever thought how to make it more real ?, the waves breaking on the shore? ........
Well, I thought of a solution. First I created a breaking seawater texture
2020-05-05-185253.jpg

Also a gravel texture..........

2020-05-05-190118.jpg

2020-05-05-190718.jpg

mmm..............but what about the waves?...........

I created some scenery objects waves with the same breaking texture

2020-05-05-192919.jpg

2020-05-05-194512.jpg

Well, we ended up decorating the environment and we already have it.

2020-05-06-094130.jpg

2020-05-06-094258.jpg

2020-05-06-094343.jpg

2020-05-05-195212.jpg

Throughout the day today I will send you an email about this. ;)

Hugs and regards to Mrs Blue.

Javier

Happy Mothers Day / New England Merge Photos Etc.

A Happy Mothers day to all this weekend,

Please enjoy your beautiful weekend..........

I found this article today, and I thought I would share it here. Hope you find it interesting.
https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/336904/secret-tunnel-discovered-under-train-station

Secret tunnel discovered under train station

Much about the tunnel remains unexplained. Image Credit: Museum of Copenhagen
Archaeologists have unearthed a mysterious 19th-Century tunnel hidden beneath a station in Denmark.
The passageway, which was found underneath Osterport Station in Copenhagen, is square-shaped and measures 3ft wide and 3ft tall - barely enough for someone to squeeze through.

Held together with wooden beams, the tunnel appears to pass underneath what was once Copenhagen's defense ramparts - suggesting that it may have been an escape passage.

"When you find such a tunnel, it gives a rush to the body," said archaeologist Christian Andreas Flensborg. " You ask yourself how extensive these systems are and are there many more tunnels."
So far around 10ft of tunnel has been excavated, however it is thought to be much longer than that.

"The tunnel is seemingly cut off by the rampart at Osterport Station, but the other end continues under Ostbanegade," said Flensborg. "We don't know if it turns or where it ends."

"It's a mystery."

Wood used to build the secret passageway came from a tree felled in 1874, according to a new analysis. https://t.co/jweLKAwhOo

— Smithsonian Magazine (@SmithsonianMag) May 7, 2020
========================================================
And with that will switch over to New Heaven, New England Merge piece Routes I'm fooling around with....So far I scratched about 5-6 small tiny sections of Routes together, kit bashing a Route. Here tonight are a few pictures of tracks, texture, Tree issues I ran into. Nothing unusual, when you cut and splice and merge odd sections together, just me having fun, to see if I can make it work.........

Overhead map area of one Route Merge piece I have been playing with, it had missing Gravel Texture, several Trees, and some Building items, so in the spirit of not trying expend more time to locate missing assets, I just replaced the Track Ballast, and filled in some new trees, and other Buildings or items, I replace with something of my choice......As u can see it is small 15 Tile Route, and has lots of Detail in it, perfect for my needs......Set in the 1950's Era....I love it!!!

On another Route that has small Amtrak high speed Corridor stretched across 3 Tiles of it for effect, I think it is really cool., here, I checking some Track realignment issues,and Signal faults I fixed to make sure it works as intended, having a little Smokie CN Switcher do some Shunting moves, I toned the Smoke amount down a little, now I have figure out how to add color control on Smoke, I don't care for this style of White Smoke, would like Charcoal or Bluish color better.....Will need to check some other Assets I have on Color Numbers to change this Smoke Color.....My work is never finished, or is it OCD kicking in......LOL

Dropping some Chemical Cars over to a small Water Treatment plant. Got some Pipe replacement going on too, next to the Plant.

Nearby across the bay from area Power Plant, we Oily raG Oil cars, don't know where these came from, but I think they are very cool with aged/weathered look.....

In small city industrial lead, we shoving some Box cars back into deep Forest area, into heavy industrial Plant area, with very tight curves ahead, 5 MPH or less, so we done derail on hard Team Track spurs coming up.

Btw, I think the trees I am missing on this Route are Red, Gold, and Orange fall Color ones.

Further in here, we have several lead tracks converging into Mainline Tracks on the right out site.

Lumber and other Commodities Loads coming into Furniture and other Shippers here. As you can see, some of the Trees are fouling the main line here, and will need to be whacked or moved?

Triple set of empty Gons for Scrap materials being brought in for loading.

Another view of our morning Shunt moves in heavy tree area........Since it is in late full here, sometimes we get fogged out or Snow starts falling, like the Temperatures do in New England, brutal cold winters here.....

Summers are Hot and muggy, with lots of Mosquitoes if I recall correctly?

And that's Rap, I hope you all have a nice day with family and friends, we are having our Grand Kids with Parents come by, but doing it with Social distancing, won't be easy, I want to hug them so bad, but I don't want to get them ill. So will be doing lots of Virtual Hugs at a distance, can't wait for things to get better........Tough world for our kids and family at this time.....

I and Mr's Blue keep the prayer chain going for those in need...God Bless and keep all of you as safe as possible.....

Peace and love from me and Mr's Blue to all of you in Trainz, and around the world.

Bye now....

Blue,
A fun read. Thanks for posting - the screenshots are always nice to see. For your New England route, Yes to lots of mosquitoes. You recall correctly, unfortunately. :hehe:

Closer to the coast and marshes and you'll get the greenheads, also known as horseflies. Their bite is vicious.

A Happy Mothers' Day to you and yours. Stay safe.

Heinrich505

Fant-autentico,
Wow, I think you are really onto something sharp with the wave action. It already looks very good. That's got a lot of potential. Great work!:cool:

Heinrich505

Blue, as always, great and instructive screenshots :)

Heinrich505, thanks for your comments. It was an idea from a long time ago; I hope to publish it this week.
Regards, Javier

New England merge progress, derailments/ Assets up in the Air...

Good Wednesday all,

It has been some really nice weather this week, finally about right temps, 70-80's for Spring, as it should be, not 90-100 degrees.......Now next month most likely will be Summer trying to muscle it's way in ahead of schedule, so will see, but for now, I am really enjoying the cooler Temps.....

As for Covid-19, we have yet to breast the Curve and come down to acceptable levels of Illness and Deaths, and unfortunately there is chatter, that stay at home may last another 3 months, will see........My family prays for the nation and the world for better times ahead?

Now for Trainz, been a busy cutting and a splicing small New England Routes together, and ran into the following problems:

Not unusual, but Assets like trees and buildings floating 30-50 feet in the air above ground level, and some Bridges, and Road T-Junctions, I suppose Trainz didn't like some of my Splices, so I have been busy repairing and resetting the Assets, 1000-1500 trees or more had to be yanked from skyward, and dropped with one mouse click to get them grounded properly.....Getting quick with the mouse clicks on elevation tool, but is it redundant, well yes it is, but I know what I want, and I will get it, one way or the other....LOL....

What's that saying, it's the costs of doing business........

Hmm, looks like Yard Lights are coming on early today.......

CN Switcher is pulling out of our Local Yard and headed North with a rake of cars, will be checking Signals, Rail Curves and Grades to see how things panning out from all my monkey business.......

Coming out of our yard Ladder, we hit Yard Limits Control point as we enter one of two Mainlines.

Overhead view, you can see our 10 Track ladder behind us. as we merge into double main line.

Will stop at Coal Power Company and drop off some Coal Loads here.....

Based on what I see here, I am going to add small stub spure for Plant Switcher to handle Coal unloading and staging of empties, and possibly another small spure to hold empties for later pickup....Will see what I come up with......?

Further up the line, we cut off a small rake of Coal Gons for unloading in this lock and load, Coal Drum Rotary dumper, this is only my 2nd or 3rd time I have ever used one these, and it uncouples and spits out the emptied Gon to coast by gravity down a very long spur with slight down grade as you unload one Gon at a time. Very cool asset, takes some good Throttle and Spot Shunting to get it working, it is Operator error, not the Asset......I need more practice........

Car is inside, locked in place as the Drum rotates Car upside down.......

Had an Emergency Stop, as we hit a Red Light, what was this all about!

Well the crossing here was forced upwards from a Merge I had done, so Signal connection, Track was broken, until I deleted and then re added this Crossing back into place....Save File, and start Freight Run from Rail Yard again, I noticed we had restricting Signals ahead of us, but didn't no this Crossing was broken, oh my......

Load of Skeleton Cars headed to Logging areas in the North East portion of New England States....

Our Freight experienced a broken Knuckle, Faulty, not engineers error, and lost one car in derailment, once MOW crews come, we might have to do Bogie change out......Track inspector en-route too. FRA? Well will see.

No injuries to Crew or Public at this time.......Thank goodness we are double main here, will do runarounds, with Slow Orders until MOW Super and FRA clears are rail incident.......

Corridor Mgr isn't happy, but it could have been a whole lot worse than it is........I as Conductor will be answering lots of Questions and Paperwork today!!!! Yes that is correct, they pay me to keep the train on the tracks and Crew under my supervision safe! And yes, me, Brake Man, Engineer, will be subjected to Drug Test probably........Non of us are worried, we never drink on job, or come hung over to work....Our life and life of Public is dependent on being professional and handling some extremely heavy equipment here......

In this case, it looks like metal fatigue stress break for our Coupler, of course I had to download, Black Box readings in Locomotive for review by higher ups....I am not worried, I think we are good here, our engineer has 40 yrs of experience, and I trust him as he does me, with my life.......

And that folks is my story today, I am sticking with it!!!

That's Rap, take care, be safe out there, thanks for dropping by.

Alma Route Photos.

A Blessed Sunday to all,

Hope everyone is getting along thru these tough times........

Been busy playing Plant Gardener this week, ripping out, trimming, transplanting old Plants into better spots, it's hard to believe that we planted these items 20-25 yrs ago, and how much they have grown/overgrown there areas........

Kinda like some older Routes you made or come across, and thoughts come to mind, what would it look like if I did X Y Z things, and then you try it out.......Kind of like what I am doing with my New England merges, will see how that works out for me......Old saying, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Today will look at some more of Sir David Snow's beautiful Alma Route....Dave has made so many Routes, and they are all unique and interesting. IF you haven't played with one of Sir Dave's Route's, by all means go shopping on DLS and check them out, he really is entrepreneurial when comes to making a great Route full of surprises.

Were in Alma's main rail yard here, awaiting Dispatch to clear a path out for us.

Well? My eye spies a unique old time Steam Shovel, can't imagine what we are still doing it, other than maybe someone found some use, or some Rail Fan bought it to tool around on his Circle Route he has on huge estate. Who knows for sure, got to check our orders, to see where this Steam Shovel is headed, I shouldn't e asking ques, we r getting paid to make deliveries on time and in good condition.

Little bit of Diesel Smoke in the front, and a touch of Steam Clouds off the Shovel in the rear.....Hmm, interesting.

Released from the yard with Work orders in hand, we head down a double main to next destination. Look at the Foliage here.....Lots of detail work by Sir Dave.

Good thing we have double mains, just passing a huge and very heavy inbound Log Train, using DPU Helpers to push in the back.

As we head thru one of the Canyons here, a wide flowing River awaits us......Great place to go swimming, just watch out for Crocodiles, they like to us sometimes........No Joke, if they are hungry enough, they will eat a people person.......

Were on our way to Air Base with Freight loads. Will take the next switch here, onto a long Spur line, kinda branch line that runs thru the Air Base and then onto other industries.

We're on the long Air Base Spur, headed thru some deep wooded and grassy areas, on a lazy hot afternoon.

Question of the day, I should have a copy of this Route, which is 9 tile, small Pit mining Route, and for some reason, I can't remember the name. If anyone recognizes this Route, could you post a replay, the name of it? I would be grateful.

This is the current look of my 5 map merge of small New England and other East Coast area Routes, I have encreased the Ocean and some Lake/River areas.

That's a Rap for today, I bid all a good week ahead, and maybe our Covid-19 Stats will start declining, some folks were saying, we could be in this mess, for another 3 months, I hope with warmer weather coming, this won't be the case, that is a very long time to have our nation shut down......I pray for our recovery and healthier days ahead......

Thanks for dropping by.....Peace

E/West Route Shunting Operations

Good Thursday Evening all,

Hope you are getting along OK, thru these strange and scary times.......I was talking to Mr's Blue, about maybe just taking a small drive along our Coast, but then the thought occurred, this is our Holiday weekend starting tomorrow, and traffic, will most likely be horrendous, with lots of people coming out with some of the released restrictions, it is simply not worth the hassle of fighting all that traffic.. So we decided to stay at home, and enjoy our weekend and holiday that way for now......Will try this on another non holiday weekend.

Now with Trainz:

Here are is link I think you'll find interesting...

https://www.american-rails.com/milw.html

And this derailment link in our forum.......Read what the purported cause was....If true, I hope someone is brought to justice.......!!!!

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?158841-B-amp-P-Derailment-East-Aurora-NY

Been busy working on my Merge project, adding more tiles here and there, lots of texturing, but I am learning how use Fill Grid Tool with Texture, it is really quick and easy once you get the hang of it.

The areas I am working now, needed more Lake water, dual Main lines, and lots of Farming areas. Then will put in trees and Shrubs once I make sure my Signals, Curves, Switches etc are operating the way I think they should......

On the end of the Tiles, I made low lying hills in several areas to hide the drop off areas. I might use some back drops Scenes in some select spots. WIP

Tonight will look at some more of E/W Route of another Merge Route (7 Mini Rt's)

In first picture, this part of a Large Dairy Creamery operation I put together. Has a single mainline that continues on into Quarry or small Coal, I think it was a Mineral Ore Plant. We have duel Spur's coming off right and left Switch access

A good rake of Boxcars coming in for Shippers request. They have lots of inventory to move. So our best option is get the Cars shunted quickly and minimal dwell time. Across the way, our Refinery has freight coming in for loading operations.

And here is multiplex Beer and Frozen Foods operation, lots of traffic here. One to two Crews required daily to keep the dwell time down. The Railroad can move a lot of Product for Shippers if it organized properly. And remember we run 24 Hour Operation.

Coming thru our short Tunnel we head Northbound thru the City Industrial area.

Coming out of our turnaround loop, we pass by our Electrical Power facility still undergoing construction. We need more capacity and plant modification came into play.....Our city is a heavy industrial complex and we are growing, so we need to make sure we have enough power to supply industrial areas.

Our scheduled Amtrak passing thru town, making designated stops. In this spot, we have 2 mainlines for Rail Ops.

We head into the South leg of the several mile turnaround Loop ahead.

Headed into a very busy downtown area interchange.....

Food Processing plant here.

And that'll due for tonight, Stay Safe, and hopefully Stay well, my friends.....I bid you peace and good will............

Last edited:
Merge Project

Good day all, on this beautiful 3 day holiday, remembering those who gave their lives for the freedoms we have now. Yes times are tough, some folks in Hospital, and some, well, they may not be with us any longer, for that I say a lot of prayers.

It is Sunny and warm here, however, Summer is going to try to inch in at close 100 in day or two......LOL.

Lets move on,

Been working like on my Merge Route when not out doing yard work. Adding quite a few more tiles in some spots, and I was able to find a 3-Tile Coal operation Quarry, I connected it to one end of the Route, and it'll work out very nice! Blue is one happy camper, as I kit bash, Merge the select pieces of similar New England Rte together.....

I think I am were I want to be for now. There is still much to do, the Rough parts completed. Now I need to make final Rail connections, link up end to end points, and see if it in the end it makes sense. One never knows if the end, justifies the means to get there? But I can say one thing for sure, Necessity is the Mother of Invention, and always will be........

Want here something funny, I was driving one of my test trains, and realized I had somewhat of endless circle of meandering Track, the key point, in one of the Rail Yards, there was one, only one Track you can take to get out the other parts of the outward bound destinations. Now with all that I had accomplished, I had not taken a recent hard look at the Route, in the way the Merge had put this part of the Route together.

With that said, it will work out, once I place some necessary Track and Signage for the proper tracks to use.......Do Engineers get lost on Railroads, probably none of them will ever admit it, but If I was a betting man, I sure there are a few mishaps out there..........

So in this picture,

I did some major revamping, the original Rail yard didn't work for me, as well, I needed to move the Waterway over further right, about 30-40 feet give or take a few.

Rebuild the Rail Yard, take single mainline and put in Freight bypass, I don't like Freights having to go thru Passenger Station Stops if at all possible.. And since there is lots of Freight action on this Route, it is going to work out very well.

Ripped out the crossover bridge from the Rural parts of Farm Country. Moved it up a mile, and added another crossover for all South movements to other parts of this route, effectively setting up a Wye, eliminating the need to switch power from one end of Consist to the other for other destinations. And allowing Freight destined to continue south, with just cutting out cars for North West movement.

Looking from this Southern edge or more specifically the middle of Rail Yard, you get a fair view of the larger sorting Tracks. I wanted to make sure I had enough length in Yard for big consists when needed, and or, I stack 2 Trains on single Track like a Que, something like, first in, first out method....

Forgot to mention, I have a Master Dispatcher's Office Building directly across from the Passenger Station. They will work in tandem with this other Dispatcher Control Point.

Here is the second of two Crossovers here, it Southern entrance... Look up the River,about a Mile, and you'll see the Northern Crossover from Wye.

Now that I have the right type of curve into Rail Yard, I added a dispatching terminal house here, with good visitation of all Rail and Yard Movements.

Our test Consist is coming up into the top throat of new Rail Yard, testing proper Grade, Curves, Switch placement etc, ease of Backing in to break up Manifest Trains, for multiple destinations. I am far from finished, on that part of the process. Just to quantify, since I merged the last small Rte Module, 3 tile Quarry Mine Plugin, I have probably 40 some file saves, as I start with 000 to 100 numerical sequence, it is not uncommon, for me to go up up 60- 70 or occasionally 100 File Saves as Modify, Merge etc on my Projects,

My thing, is backup, backup as often as once or more a day. And trust me, I have paid the piper a few times, well more than a few times in the past years for not having enough backups, one time, I lost 8 months of work. Because I did not make enough backups in the earlier stages of the Route......Took a long time to remake my lost work.......

This is Passenger Stop on right, and dedicated bypass on Left, it also allows us to stage large train consists out past the Passenger Station for building or splitting up Train manifests without fowling a single Passenger line. Well it did have a small siding.

Now I have double mainlines going out for 2 miles before they consolidate to short single mainline headed into the next city, where it becomes double mainline again.

Were way out in the Country not to far from our new Quarry Operation. Picking up a large rake of Boxcars headed to several points in the North West section of our Route. Love operating these older F-7 and F-9 units with full ABBA unit lash-ups.

Checking connection points here, with Test Loco's, fair amount of Tree and Shrubs and lots of u sundry items too. Once I figure out what looks good. And while I think about it, I need to see what and how many Power Generating Plants as well as Sewer Facilities needed, I know I have at least one or two Power Plants in use, as seen by these heavy transmission towers as to where they go, Hmm, I don't really know yet, still learning the multitude of different Route lines. One thing for sure, it's fun, it has to be, or I will lose interest really fast.......

One thing I learned here, in this Route, was Copy and past to the Grid Tile the base Color I like here, and then go back later and add additional Textures where desired. And I do this with all brand new tiles first off, I don't make mountains, Road ways Etc or anything, now one might say, why do with one color, well, the problem I find that just keeps driving me bonkers, is when you apply Texture, Trainz will not always cover 100% of the Grid? Why I don't know? But haven't you seen, several Routes where here and there in a lot of places, small pieces of exposed Grid-line still show thru. This way, even if I don't like this particular color in the whole area, I know for sure, looking at the new Tile, it is, 100% covered in some type of Color, and I don't have revisit several small areas to fix uncolored, Grid Lines.......

Last night had a division point of 2 different colors on adjoining Tiles, one existing, so all I did, was blend in the two or 3 colors together to subtly show the change of Texture colors. And it worked perfectly........

Now this is just my way of doing something that works better for me, everyone has there own, unique style, and if it is not Broken, then don't Fix it, or mess with it. You have to be the judge of how best your method works.......

We're headed down into a more Rural area of Route, as we head into some nice Forested areas....

We left the Forested part, bypassed our Quarry Operations which is behind the large mountain in Horizon view upper left part of this picture. I got some nice curves going on here, and I thru up some low hills, for the moment to make it look more interesting.........Changed my Cloud cover too........

I think I covered what my thoughts where for today, enjoy Holiday and thanks for dropping by.

Last edited:
Back