Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

New England merge progress

Egad time flies when your busy, Good Evening all. It is Monday night and has been a busy week.

Let me see, what have I been up too...Well, first and foremost, been busy trying to heal up my

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Faciitus&atb=v207-1&ia=web

in English, damaged Tendon on the bottom of the Heal, and you don't want to ever, and I mean ever have anything like this!

So it is finally after 6 days of basically staying off my foot and some visits to my Chiropractor, it is starting to heal a bit. I broke down and ordered some new Tennis Shoes, now why would I do that when I am in Pain a good part of the time.

Well one of the causes of the condition, I am in, wearing old worn out shoes, doing yard work, instead of throwing them away, and getting good solid fitting Work Shoes, yes that is definitely part of the Cause here.

Sometimes being too Cheap, is not a smart thing to due, coupled with old Age......

The other thing is, I didn't know the symptoms of this Tendon issue, I have had it several times over the years, but never like this, and didn't recognize the signs of Tendon Damage, just thought I had done too much Weekend Warrior stuff.

So there you have it. I am now Plantar Faciitus Trained, and will be sure to be more careful how I treat my poor ole Feet.......

Now lets move over to some more pleasant things:

I have seen a fair amount of Derailments in my time, they always hold my interest in special clean up crews and the tenacity of Railroads to get the line open at all costs.

Check out this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTLeJWG9hAg

and some more Derailments here........One of the Companies I spoke about who handles Derailments and rebuild projects was R J Corman. A fascinating story on how to do it right and install pride in workmanship......

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=r+j+corman+railroad

And check out one of the steepest Grade RR's in the US and what they did to solve runaway issues.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xNus37RhWA

My latest New England Merge Antics taught me some good lessons about Junction and Signal Numbering sequences and what their effect on Trainz can be if your not paying attention.

So here is the drill recap, if you take and make a Test Route, and make one junction, it will start out with the Number 0, then 1, 2, 3, etc as you add more Junctions and Signals to your Route.

Now if you don't pay attention, and merge 6-7 or more Routes together, Merging the Route CDP's and not pay attention to what the Numbers are like for each of those Routes, well, you could run into a possible number like this2,455,679 or something worse, 4.789.551, Rounded off that is 4.8 Million number and any new numbers will be starting frome 4.789.552 and upwards.

When I think about Numbers for Rolling Stock with high spreads of say 10-30 Thousand and see what happened to TANE and TRS19, you run into CTD's or crashed math computational errors, so it kind of makes sense to me, in the same vain of thought, that Trainz doesn't like have to deal with extra large numerical ID's with signals and junctions. I only found this out by mistake, I kept losing my Signal Settings on my Signals, they would go back to default, not all Signals but say 50 or so out of 1300 Hundred Signals I had operational. I kept going back and having to reset them continuously for several weeks. Once started at Zero and renumbered all my Signals and Junctions, TRS19 stopped messing with my Signal Settings.

My highest number is 1325 on Signals, and about 400 or so on Junction names. It seems to be holding now, I haven't had an issue from what I can see. Took about week to 10 days of several hours to rename everything numerically. And I also changed the File Saving from "SAVE" to "SAVE AS" I don't know if that was part of the problem or not. But so far so good, and it seems my Merged Route operates more stable.....

Tonight will run some pictures of New England Merge.

Working in my new Rail Sort yard here, I am check curve radius, and Signal Aspects.

This Passenger Station stop only had one track, which would need to be shared with a lot of Freight movement from the North Yard Limits, I added a bypass track and two industrial feeds, we have lots of Oil and other Industrial Team tracks, so I needed to have a dedicated track for the Passenger Trains, and it works flawlessly.

My little Smokies are bringing back some empties for the Yard Sort operations.

CNR Units running some Tankers in for Fueling.

Three Freights came in from different directions, with single Tracking it had before, we would had a near Cornfield Meet, now with extra bypass tracks, only one train needs to delay for few minutes of Dwell time. Within 15 mins, all trains were let in, other one headed out to next city 10 miles away. No complaints from Dispatch Operations.

Looking over the yard now, everything is aligned and we can handle more trains if they show up......

Over in this area, running some Farming Operations, with Grain Silos Etc.

In this area of the Merge, I put in a small 9 tile Rte that had dedicated Strip Mining Operation, not too large, just right for my needs.......

Well I think that'll do it for now, enjoy your week, and Happy Fathers Day this weekend as well......

Last edited:
Thanks my friend,

As far as taking Med's,

I always surprise the Medical folks when I come in for an appointment or emergency (rare occasions) they ask what Medications I am on, I tell them NON, only Vitamins, and Aloe Vera Juice, and they Blink, and ask me again, are you sure, that is really unusual at my Age. near 70 yrs old, and I look them squarely in the eye,, no, only when I have Surgery by Hospital, or Dental Surgery, because I feel pain too easy.........:hehe:

But I will tell you, that there is a Pill for everything, and I once worked with Co Worker, who took (wait for it!!!) 15 Medications daily, one for this, one for that, one to counteract side effects, and they Heart Issues, amazingly, the one thing they would not do, is change their hi fat diet.......One day they came crying to work after seeing their DR, who told them, either lose the weight or face death in 1-2 yrs.

That person, lost 200 Lbs over the next 3-4 yrs, and never looked back....Sad that it came to that point in their life, from eating a See Food Diet.....

I as well, got bad news, some 15 years ago, when I weighed in 280 Lb's, now down to 225 Lbs and it took 10 some years to get it there with due diligence of Lifestyle changes.....No one understands till they take a walk our Shoes......:(

Was told I was Obese, high blood pressure, fatty liver, and Diabetes on the Horizon, Heart Attack and Stroke where also quite possible, would be forced to Cholesterol and Blood Pressure Med's, If I continued on the path I was taking.......

I didn't make this Story up and am not mincing words here. My visit with a Chief Of Staff Dr was the scariest visit of my life, I went home and told Mr's Blue, and was crying, because she was over weight too.......We too, had to make some serious life style changes or face something much, much worse......

One eye opener thing when watching TV, and of course you see all those nicely named Pills to cure this and that, at the end of most if not all, there is that disclaimer by Big Pharma, could experience this or that severe or deadly side effect from using said medication, like Heart Attack, Stroke, Liver Failure, or loss of Kidney function.........You have to wonder, how such drugs ever got approved with such potential side effects.......

Sorry I so long winded here......Enjoy your week........I need to go back and change some of my Tracks on the Merge Project.......:hehe:

Your right it never ends.

Wow, wasn't expecting a essay :hehe::p

Yeah, doctors these days, the first thing (or second) they ask is, what meds are you on.... like it really makes it sound like they're in a hurry to just push meds on people..
I will say, that is awesome that you are not taking any except for those rare occasions. I don't take any meds myself, as I know in the long run, they'll do something...
And 15 meds every single day??!! Yikes! All I'm going to say is, taking that many is enough to cause some serious health problems.

Yikes, that would've been bad for both of you. Glad you were able to make the changes before it was too late, else I won't had known you :eek:, but am glad you and Mrs. Blue are doing well (from the sounds of it) :)
All I'm going to say to sum up the meds / drugs, they're all experimental to see what happens and what it causes what... something that doctors seem to push...

Anyway, I'm moving myself, and tomorrow night (hopefully) internet will get deactivated, so won't be able to respond so quick, and try using the forums from a mobile phone... not an easy task.
And correct with that - routes seems to never be done!

Cheers

Wow, wasn't expecting a essay :hehe::p

Yeah, doctors these days, the first thing (or second) they ask is, what meds are you on.... like it really makes it sound like they're in a hurry to just push meds on people..
I will say, that is awesome that you are not taking any except for those rare occasions. I don't take any meds myself, as I know in the long run, they'll do something...
And 15 meds every single day??!! Yikes! All I'm going to say is, taking that many is enough to cause some serious health problems.

Yikes, that would've been bad for both of you. Glad you were able to make the changes before it was too late, else I won't had known you :eek:, but am glad you and Mrs. Blue are doing well (from the sounds of it) :)
All I'm going to say to sum up the meds / drugs, they're all experimental to see what happens and what it causes what... something that doctors seem to push...

Anyway, I'm moving myself, and tomorrow night (hopefully) internet will get deactivated, so won't be able to respond so quick, and try using the forums from a mobile phone... not an easy task.
And correct with that - routes seems to never be done!

Cheers

Awh Ok on the moving,

I have done that more times than I want to admit with my Parents.....Never fun, but more than often, a necessary change......Safe travels, hope all goes as planned.......Looking forward to hear how it went.......As the for the Med's, it's kinda like rearing kids, and/or going to School, you only know what you know, and what your taught.

At a very early age, I tended to be Book Smart, and read huge amount of Books on several disciplines, which has served me well......In fact, I still read huge amounts of material, except it is Web based...........I have put a time limit on it...Else I get too carried away.....Keeps the Brain Massaged with fresh knowledge.......Part of it too, was seeing how Med's don't and can cause serious issues with one's body.........

So with my issues, I made a Road Map of sorts over time, and it has worked well, the one thing I cannot change is the aging problem, but I can do all the healthy things so I can to slow it down to some extent.......And I believe in the Natural Homeopathic Arts of Healing the body, I am not a Germophobe as well, its OK to get sick and it needs to be, when you consider how the True Body's immune system really works..........

In fact I enjoy working in the yard, the Soil of the Earth, and getting dirty, I think that is one reason my plants do so well, they believe it or not, are smarter than some Humans......LOL And my plants love the attention, when they're not getting attacked by Diseases and Bugs.....However one of my secret weapons, I like, is Yard Lizards, they eat, like the lady bugs do in a way, all the bad Insects that try to forage on my plants........And they are funny to watch......

Take care, and enjoy your Father's Day.....

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Germophobe&atb=v207-1&ia=definition

Hi Blue, sorry to hear about your Achilles issue. They are indeed nasty, I tore my Achilles tendon 2 years ago taking 2 steps at once to the ground. 3/4 of the tendon tore off the bone at the calf and half the tendon at the heel. It feels like being tasered and hit with a baseball bat in the calf at the same time. Still tight to this day. Rest up, the alternative is not worth considering. Getting old is never easy, especially when it's a sudden realization.
Stay safe and keep well
cheers
Graeme

Would MRI be something I should look into?

Hi Blue, sorry to hear about your Achilles issue. They are indeed nasty, I tore my Achilles tendon 2 years ago taking 2 steps at once to the ground. 3/4 of the tendon tore off the bone at the calf and half the tendon at the heel. It feels like being tasered and hit with a baseball bat in the calf at the same time. Still tight to this day. Rest up, the alternative is not worth considering. Getting old is never easy, especially when it's a sudden realization.
Stay safe and keep well
cheers
Graeme

Good Day Sir,

Thank you for the kind comments,

I just feel kinda dumb, about not realizing this was something more than Weekend Warrior issue, where you do too much for your Muscles and pay for it on Monday, But experience is the best teacher, sometimes it takes longer for some of us to realize (me in this case) what was really going on, But then too, I had lost 3 parents in the space of 13 months, and cleaning up their Hoarding mess was monumental, it took close to 2 years.....Boy could I write a book on this one.....

Anyway, I wanted ask you, did you ever take an MRI for your injuries, I considering doing just that, but if it is fruitless and not going to make much difference, then I don't want to go that direction with having to get Referral and the long wait times (months) too get a better spec on what I did to myself?

Would appreciate if you could advise on that?

I should let you know too, since I was a young child, one of my issues was Tight Muscles, unfortunately for me, it was the way the Good Lord built me, I have no qualms over that, we all are unique, but it does cause me problems. :(

Know about the Stretching and all that, but some folks are naturally limber, for me, never has been. I am completely a tuned to that mind set, it is if you will, a cross to bear, and I try to be careful, vs going out and working hard doing repairs etc.

Thank you for dropping in, and hope your Foot stays OK, that injury sounds very bad, at least your still able to walk........The good Lord is watching after you.....Cheers :wave:

Good Evening all,

I hope all the Father's and those new to fatherhood enjoyed their weekend. I took it a bit easy this weekend as I try to mend my Foot Pain, I learned how many other folks have had Plantar Faciitus issues, more than I realized.

Today was a good day, I got a new Moto G well like new one,, a Model 7........Since I broke the Camera on my Old one,,,,,Never sit down on the Ground with your Cell Phone, even though mine was in Leather like holder, it didn't stop me from cracking the Photo Lense to the point it could Focus properly, even after getting the Cracked Plastic fixed. Lesson learned the hard way.........I have owned many a Cell Phone in my 40 years using them, dropped a few, cracked or scratch a screen or two....But never broken my camera window.......

I will say, it takes a bit of work to get all my Apps reset and everything placed in the order I had it....I think this might take a Day or too. Funny thing was my new phone told me, my Memory Chip for Storage was old and too slow, buy a faster one...How's that for a kick in the pants....LOL

Here is a little something those Crocodile Locomotive enthusiasts might like.......

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-10277-crocodile-locomotive-revealed/

So I have working a little bit each day, on my Merge Route, finishing some Industrial leads to a large Caterpillar, Cement and Silica Triplex Plant.

I think now, I need to take a break and go play on Hiawathamr's new updated

American Mountain Route............https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/

It is great looking, well laid out and plenty to do Route, go check it out........

Tonight will see some pictures of Snyder and E/W merge:

Our Daily Amtrak Cascades Train is coming into for an early morning stop too pick up its first daylight time passengers.

It's a very cool and cold grey morning today,, our customers will have some nice hot drinks and other goodies as they take their train to points West of here.

Our train has circled thru the area, and all that early Grey and Fog is gone, now BLue Sunny Skies have come in......It a grand day as things start to Bustle and come alive in our little Township.

In our busy downtown area, Amtrak comes thru as we see a compliment of Freight awaiting movement to their next destination.

And it looks like we have more new Construction ongoing here....I like this Asset, it fits in perfectly here...

A little map overhead of the areas just shown........Narrow tiled area, with single/double mainlines and will placed Switch points for Optimum Rail Operations, however, if you don't keep the Mainline Clear Amtrak will hit us with delay charges. That doesn't work out for their Customers, or my companies bottom line Profits.

That'll do for tonight, thanks for dropping in and have a great week!

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply Blue. Very nice shots of American Mountains, I'm waiting impatiently for the N3V version. I didn't have an MRI but did have an ultrasound on the leg. I think that hurt more than the initial injury. 6 weeks in a half plaster on crutches is also no fun at all. The doctor said that mine was a side effect of diabetes and slight drop in blood flow to the legs. A couple of small tears, which I too put down to overuse, resulted in a big tear when the weight it had to bear was to much for the damaged tendon. ( I took 2 steps at once and landed toes first, the tendon broke and I kept going landing face first in the lawn.) I hope you are feeling better and not in too much pain. A trainz a day keeps the doctor at bay.
cheers
Graeme

Sorry for the late reply Blue. Very nice shots of American Mountains, I'm waiting impatiently for the N3V version. I didn't have an MRI but did have an ultrasound on the leg. I think that hurt more than the initial injury. 6 weeks in a half plaster on crutches is also no fun at all. The doctor said that mine was a side effect of diabetes and slight drop in blood flow to the legs. A couple of small tears, which I too put down to overuse, resulted in a big tear when the weight it had to bear was to much for the damaged tendon. ( I took 2 steps at once and landed toes first, the tendon broke and I kept going landing face first in the lawn.) I hope you are feeling better and not in too much pain. A trainz a day keeps the doctor at bay.
cheers
Graeme

Thank you Sir,

No worries, I am a patient person, and we all have busy lives. Wow, darn Diabetes again, I swear that is one disease that I feel a good part of the population do not realize how bad it is. My Father and some other members of my family have had this, 2 of them lived till their 80-90's however, the Quality of life was quite well diminished due to how Blood Sugar issues take a major toll on the Body in ways that some would think are quite unexpected....:(

Anyway, I hope you are doing better with the Tendon, my situation, I feel kinda dumb that I didn't put what was going on with my Foot with pains starting in the Toes, and eventually ending up in my Heal.......:)

So I have got the Pain down from what was almost unbearable, to better now, at least in the last two days, than it has been for 3 weeks......I plan on calling my Doctor and seeing what type of X-Ray or Ultrasound to just make sure of how bad the damage is? And will take it from there........I did figure something else, I have a retaining wall in my yard that I jumped down from a month ago, and felt something not quite right in my Foot, now I realize, no more jumping around like that, and in old pair of Shoes, I look back now and put even more of the pieces of my behavior, that most likely put me where I am now.........:eek:

I sure agree with Trainz medicine, it is the best and has helped me many a time when I needed some good diversion time.;)

Wabash Heritage Unit seen in Service / UMR Route

Good Saturday morning all,

Hope all of you are doing alright!

It has finally been a been a better week with my Plantar Faciitus, my foot is starting to heal, and now I have been able(very carefully) and not over doing it, too finish up where I left off in the Yard. Lots of Projects to complete for sure, before our real Summer Heat, 100-115 Degrees sets in........

Yesterday I went to my Dentist for normal cleaning and checkup and it was a great day, look Ma, no cavities and I got a Passing grade from my Dentist. It was busy in their shot, lots of folks getting much needed Dental work done.. And everyone was practicing proper Covid-19 Safety procedures.

So now over to Trainz, I see they are having a Sale, so I think I might go window Shopping and see what's around.

This week I worked on a little more of my New England Merge project and it is coming along fine after renaming all my Junctions and Signals to lower numbers not passed 0-1400, that is quite a difference from 2,123,789 high numbers. I think it will work OK. And now when I merge Routes, I will be sure to check how high the Numbers are on Signals and Junctions as a default procedure..Only take the time to change them when needed. Time is valuable in Trainz, I don't think any of us ever has enough time with life in general, to do all the things we want to due......That is just the way it is in life.

I watched a Wabash Heritage in You Tube Video, and it looked Cool, I need to see if I can find one in Trainz, I don't know if there is one available.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw-_f9_UJJo

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=wabash+he...ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw-_f9_UJJo&pn=1

(Edit update, Like old mining town routes, go over and see what's being built here...........Awesome, all I can say......Another great Artist JANGO at work!!)

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...markable-Colorado-Mining-Route-in-Development

So today's pictures are from UMR2019 Route, which is a great Route to play on......UMR stands for ULTRA MEGA ROUTE....

======================================================================================================
Here is one of my Favorite Set of Units, from Rio Grande, Fallen Flag, I used to see these guys in California on the Southern Pacific Lines before the Merger of SP and UP if I recall correctly, I think you still see these guys occasionally, but I can remember the last time I saw one........I have some Heritage ones too in my trainz collection, they look really nice. Well in honesty, I like all my Heritage Locomotives......

Here we are taking rake of Freight to different destinations for shunting thru a beautiful Countryside with lots of Vibrant Colored Trees......

We are taking a load of Grain to the Port today, time is of the essence, our Freighters are already entering the Port area, good thing for us, we have Dispatch Stacking our Lights and no opposing traffic for now......Peddle to the Metal.......

Coming thru a nice City area, looks like we have a fully loaded Cement Truck, wouldn't want to ever hit one of these, it could cause a Derailment or worse......I have personally never seen a Train vs Cement Truck, but I do know of Trains vs Semi's hauling Steel Beams, Amtrak Vs one was horrible, and it seems to me, several people died from the collision.

Looks like this part of the line is getting some Tie Replacement in the next few weeks, MOW has been presetting Ties all over are Route for Track Maintenance.

Playing over at the Dock Facility for the 1st time, checking clearances and capacity here with Car loads........I might adjust a few things here track wise slightly, other than that, works great.

Backside view as we pull in here, what's really nice on these Team Tracks, you can break your train in the back, go thru back switches and come over thru empty track, and recouple to last part of your train, and pull it in, then "Wash Rinse and Repeat so to speak. Of course you need to leave one Track empty to get your Power out.....

Larger overview of the Docking area here.......I think I might extend the water a couple of tiles out, and add some more large freighters too make it look like they are staged in a Que to come in for delivery.....Will see how that works out...It's super easy to extend the Water with some extra Tiles........Just thinking out loud here.

Nice to see the open Farmland here and Drivers of Semi's not trying to beat us at the Crossing, Everyone is behaving today.......Plus with our Heavy Train, we couldn't stop quickly enough too avoid a horrible and potentially life ending Collision.........It happens to much in our Country and around the World, some folks think they are fast enough to get thru a Red Light........

Light the Signal setup here, and thru out the Route, the Author has done an excellent job of Signal Placement.

While I think about it, I started playing some American Mountains Sessions last night, doing the Amtrak one now!

A shout out to:hiawathamr https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

For great work on his American Mountains Route, it so cool too play on, and you can see how much time he invests on making a great looking Route, with lots Attention to detail....Thank you Sir.....!!

And he is Working on a Central California Desert Route as we speak, go check his pictures he put up!!!

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?242-USA-Pics&p=1819092#post1819092

Ok Folks, that'll do, I need to get outside and get to my projects, you all have a great weekend, stay safe, stay healthy, and may the Lord look over each and all during these uncertain times......

Thanks for dropping in.........

Last edited:
Good time to shop / Unusual Signal still in use......

Good Day all,

Foot is slowly but surely, and Age has something to do with, getting better, I am tenacious sometimes at trying to accomplish something, whether it be trying heal up and injury or just accomplish a particular task, and probably my OCD gets in the way as well.......

Now here are couple of things you might like?

I have seen some weird Signals, but have never seen one like this, you be the judge, I think this is one of those most unusual, and I believe they still use today? Don't quote me....LOL

Tilting Target Signal, Railroad Diamond,Indiana and Ohio RR

https://youtu.be/5tYahC4s6LM

Railroad diamond interlocking with rare tilting target signal. Short line railroads at their best! Indiana And Ohio Railway ( I&O ) at Washington Court House, Ohio. This video shows how they operate the tilting target signal at the railroad diamond. The conductor gets off the train and activates the signal next to the crossing. After the locomotives crossed the diamond I got in front of them at the next crossing to film the train passing. The sunlight was better at the second location. The next train was a huge northbound train going around the diamond toward Springfield, Ohio. Notice the tunnel motor locomotive ( #9400 ). This ex SP unit is the same locomotive that I filmed in Cincinnati where I got the one finger salute https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl_td... . That was a totally different route and crew. The intro in this video shows a huge steam locomotive that is on display in the Washington Court House park. Also, the shot at Bobby Mackey's is a famous haunted building in Kentucky that has been on numerous television programs including a new one with Jack Osborne ( Ozzy's son ). I also filmed the I&O crew switching a customer on a spur. That will be a future video. Thanks for watching! Listen In: Road 161.220 and Switching 161.430.

And for those who might like to see some MOW stuff, I think this Video does a lot of Justice on the CSX

Title if it doesn't come up right for you.....

Maintenance Of Way Parade! What Is This Stuff?! Awesome Powerful Railroad Machines!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv6i7dstxT4

===================================================================================
Blues Confession Time:

Yes, it's not Sunday, its Thursday, and I have been a bad Boy!!!

Want to know what I did?

Well, I saw this Sale at NV3 yesterday, and I saw some things, I didn't have, and decided since it's the 1st of the month soon, I can splurge just a little bit. And I did.

Southern Pacific - EMD SD50 Black Widow & Mojave Pack & ATSF Railway - GE C40-8W

Kansas City Southern - EMD SD70MAC - Grey

EMD SD70M Demonstrator 1 & EMD SD70M Demonstrator 2

EMD SD70AC Demonstrator 2012 & EMD SD40-2 - Maersk

CSX Transportation - GE C30-7 Stealth

CN GP9 Phase I & II (2 Pack)

I'll make sure each one gets a good home on one or more of my Routes......

Am I happy for splurging a little, in all honesty, yes, I think I did pretty good with the Savings they gave me........Now I need to be good for another Month or too, and then will see what is out there in Trainz World......

Peace and wonderful weekend ahead I hope. And for those who are not feeling too well, Prayers all around....So long......

Overheated CPU / E/W Route in a Foggy evening/ Iceland Heated Pool

Good Evening all,

Summer is here, and its mighty hot. Fortunately only a few fires from Idiot folks launching Fireworks where they shouldn't have, on the good side, Police caught and arrested them for said crime. Going cost them some money for damages, and possibly time in Jail........

Now for me, I was a bad Blue again, not on purpose,

SO my confession to my friends goes like this, Mr's Blue was in our kitchen making some delightful Soup for Supper. and I was busy working on a Route. All of a sudden, I smelled a burning odor coming from what I thought was the kitchen, but in fact was coming from my Laptop. I checked my temps real quick and found my CPU was overheating.

So I shut down my Laptop post haste, and did some real Computer Detective work?

And the results, I had my battery power recharging settings improperly done for the amount of CPU Overclocking needed and GPU workload.. In addition, I also found out, that too much Turf and Clutter, more on the Turf density in some particular Routes, caused the Rendering to overwhelm the Fans.

So how do we get thru this issue.

!st thing I did, was take an air hose and blow out what I also suspected was 1.5 years of Dust in the Fan and CPU airways! And there was a bit of Dust......

Next thing, and I have known about this for a while, I have used the same ole Cooling Pad for 3 sets of Laptop's it is probably north of 10 years old, and I should be ashamed of myself for not getting a more powerful model with enhanced cooling characteristics. And I found one on Amazon and ordered said item, I happily await it's arrival.

I figure I did some damage to the CPU in overheating it, and probably shortening the Mean Time Between Failure Hours........So now it becomes incumbent upon me to take better care of my Laptop, and more aware of the operating temps when running Trainz. I believe I have heard other Trainz members having overheating and Crash to desktops with the newer Versions of Trainz running Graphically heavy loaded Routes. So in retrospect here, I have learned some valuable experience. And hope not to repeat an overheating problem again....I also did one quick thing, I dropped my CPU from Overclock Setting to Normal Mode, and that made a 10 Degree difference of Operating Temperature.

Now that we got thru this quagmire, lets goto Trainz pics for tonight. We are on the E/West Route and have some Passenger Traffic in the early evening. And we are checking our gauges to make sure Speed and Operating Pressures are proper.

Town is coming up soon, and our Stop is nearby, we'll drop our speed from 50 to 25MPH.

It's dusk as we pass thru the power station area.

Headed out into to Rural area with Toolie Fog fast approaching from the Marshlands.

Fog is getting so thick, you can hardly see the Lone Train Light in thick fogginess. Werewolf's anyone.....LOL

Some Espee Power coming thru slightly earlier in the evening to move some Car's to our Shippers.

And now for the Finale, take a look at a most unusual Pound, heated by Geothermal Forces I believe in Iceland, If I could create this Pond scene that would be so Cool.......Well time will only tell, and maybe I will try, as for the Colors, hmmm, not sure about that.

4KiGLF9.jpg

Hope you enjoyed my story and pics for tonight, and yes, it is truth be told.....Thanks all, take care, be as well as you can be during these difficult times.......God Bless......Peace..

A blessed Sunday day to all,

Well it's been a very hot week here in California, now that we are Summertime, and it looks to be extra hot for maybe a couple of weeks, from East Coast to the West.......

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/heat-wave-july-2019/index.html So beware of the Heat Wave, hydrate.....

Me and Mr's Blue have been busy like crazy trying to mulch all our Plant Beds to reduce our Water Usage and get everything ship shape. And my foot is improving with help of Icing treatment and KT Tape.......I am also learning I need to be careful how much I stretch my Ankle in awkward positions when doing Gardening Chores.

Now over to Trains:Watched some really good Videos

https://youtu.be/7TJPmkcPer8 The Gettysburg railroad explosion 25 years later.

https://youtu.be/vCYUDECyzAQ Switching with a Santa Fe Geep in 2020.

When you see Videos like this one, about Abandoned Trains left around the world, it hard to fathom there is this much left to Rust in who knows where........The bright side, some of them get reserected to live a second life.

https://youtu.be/OhvitW6kUSU 15 Most Incredible Abandoned Trains In The World!

This week I bought new Coal Country Route upgrade for Trainz TRS-19. Didn't get a chance to play with it yet, hope maybe in a day to two I get a chance. Remembering the first Coal Country Route for TANE New Era, I had a great time with it. Scratchy know hows to build them........Thank you sir, for the upgrade.

I forgot to mention, I got my new Cooling Pad for Laptop

TopMate C5 12-15.6 inch Gaming Laptop Cooler Cooling Pad, 5 Quiet Fans and LCD Screen, 5 Heights Adjustment, 2 USB Port and Blue LED Light.

It has made a huge difference, however even with this new Cooling Fan, Routes with heavy amounts of Turfx do not bode well for, get this, not my GPU, but my CPU starts to overheat.......So now I have to be careful of when I come across Routes like this.....

Now lets see what we have for Pictures:

Tonight will follow Amtrak on early morning run thru my Potash Plant area Etc.

Decided to try putting some Communications Antennas up on the hill top.

Just outside downtown we pass by the New Roundhouse facility with Machine shop too. Keep our locomotives well serviced, except for major repairs which get handled much, much further distance from here.

Coming around Storage Lake Property about 25 MPH, we are in a large turnaround loop, which will takes return trip back thru downtown.

When I was creating this part of the Route, it took me while figure what kind of bridge would work for me. This one did the trick.

And over here, we have overflow area where Storm Water can fill this large storage area and not flood out our lower elevation downtown area.

Another view of Dwontown at a distance as morning Sunlight approaches.

We've completed the outside loop and headed to our next station Stop ahead.

Later in the day, if you look in upper right corner, you'll see the Potash Buildings in the distance and a few Skyscrapers in Downtown area, as another Amtrak comes thru to pick up the morning Travelers headed to work........Cup of Coffee or a Donut anyone........

I think it is time to go, thanks for dropping in..........

One of my friends needs a hand........

Hello Folks,

If there is anyone that can help the Bob out with this, please lend a hand if you can.......?

This is way above my pay grade of things I can do.............:)

Thanks and stay safe and healthy out there...............Peace be with you all.......:wave:

If any scripting gurus are monitoring this thread please see my post asking for help at:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho..._ArrayOutOfBounds-error&p=1824770#post1824770

Thanks!

Bob

Good Friday to all,

Looks like our Covid-19 numbers are in a very bad way here in California, and I truly hope it turns around? Will see in 2-3 weeks.

Now for my heating problems with Laptop, in doing thorough research on why it appears my Laptop is running warmer than it ever has. It appears, I could have a Fan going bad, or it is partially clogged, or something else going on....

A teardown is in order here, and I was able to find some good I Fix it and other Videos detailing known cooling issus and other things with Game Laptops. Found out I could drop my Battery Threshold in response to CPU performance by about 2-5% by using advance power options settings. That is helping me some, along with a much better Cooling Pad. I'm not overheating like I did @ 76-90 Celsius.

So within the next couple of weeks an entervention and Teardown will hopefully give me a clearer picture. I'll report my findings once I open up the case and see what is going on.

Youtube items I watched:

https://youtu.be/SEIVAyrKRuQ

The BIGGEST *private* 5” Gauge railway in the UK!

I thought I had seen it all? Tracks coming across Airport landing area.

https://youtu.be/xzUIftIUTBQ

15 Most Amazing Railway Tracks In The World

And I would enjoy having this RR's Paint Scheme........Lake State Railway

https://youtu.be/eySQ4iWRESo

Tonight will go over New England merge:

This area is the last of the Merge parts, we are checking the new connection points and Signaling, and a couple more track changes and we should be good for this section. Added a long spur on the mainline between to heavy Industrial areas, one is Mining, the other Farm support with lots of Grain
shipments Etc.

Picking up a Rake of Empties to Shunt into Farm Silo areas today.

Couple up to the back of our Train and Caboose will be off the Flour and Grain Facilities just a few miles and mins away from where this point.

I have a pretty wide open area here for now, thinking about adding some Trees, not to much, and maybe some small Shrubs or Splines......Some of other areas on this Route have some heavily forested areas, so I don't want to over do it for Graphic loads......

Side view as we head out with F Units, ABBA Lash-up.......And they work well for our needs. Yes they are old, and they are paid for, and they well maintained......But someday, will need to trade them in for larger and higher Horsepower Units, in either 4 or 6 Axle arrangement. But for today these will do.

Other area will service tomorrow is lots of Raw Ore Gons from our sizable Mine operation.

Beyond that we have large Flour Mill on the other side of these Hills we need to service too, takes 3-4 Train crews to handle the volume, and I hear our Mining area is going to expand more too....All good business for the Railroad.

Down further South, this our local Yard plus a Logging Terminal for our Forestry services....

Overhead shot of our Lumber and Logging areas......

It's getting late, bewitching midnight hour soon approaches as Tomorrow there is lots more Gardening to accomplish. We almost got everything weeded out, replaced etc as we try to catch up on some neglected areas of property.....Never a dull moment.......

Take care all, have a great weekend....Thanks for coming by.......Peace

Milwaukee Beer and some Video Links to share.

Good Morning all,

I have been busy trying to fix some items around the house that needed my attention, as well, trying to finish our yard project with Mr's Blue.

And I decided I needed to clear out all my old Computer stuff, consolidate a host of old parts, I should be ashamed of myself for holding for a decade. (Actually I was working a job that kept me busy for 8-12 hrs some days......The funny thing is, now that I am retired, I think I am busier some days than when I was working.....LOL.......The honey do list has only gotten longer, or have I slowed down?

Here are some Video links:

https://roanoke.com/opinion/comment...cle_df2b2e15-af1c-5375-aef7-2e7b093b4050.html

LEGO 10277 Crocodile Locomotive revealed https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-10277-crocodile-locomotive-revealed/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A65_h8h0yS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u35teUoyrM&list=PL1jU5Uc0AIwOh_Ac1DAPNii-jKusNkZ-j&index=2&t=0s

=====================================================================
Tonight's picks are in reference to the
https://www.american-rails.com/milw.html and this for the Beer Route.

https://www.visitmilwaukee.org/articles/things-to-do/riverwalk/

https://duckduckgo.com/?q="Milwaulkee"+Railroad+Beer+Route&norw=1&atb=v207-1&ia=images&iax=images

So I downloaded some small Beer Line Routes and merged them into another group of Routes. This is an overhead of the Beer line Route and 2 smaller routes We'll take parts of each which are different author's creations. And will see how it all ends up......For the moment I working on other Routes, to complete some changes I wanted..Time will tell when I get over to this one.....WIP delayed for now.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q="Milwaulkee"+Railroad+Beer+Route&norw=1&atb=v207-1&ia=images&iax=images

This is the largest section of the Three Beer Line Routes and where I will add the other 2 small Routes when I figure how the second and third jigsaw parts will fit. Mystery of how I will accomplish this awaits.

Just a open portion of new Mainline Connections from Beer line into my Merge with small Hills to separate the 2 Routes for effect.

I lone switcher is going through a large switching puzzle to check our Signals and Switch operations....

Track Overhead Map, of larger Beer Line, with limited Buildings in place.....

Smaller 3 Tile Layout style Beer line Route

And the smallest Route of 3 is 2 Tile....

And that'll do for now, tomorrow I have lots to do. So I am off and running.

Stay safe out there........Can't wait till things get back to a little bit more normal....
Thanks for dropping by.

You Tube and some Routes downloaded this week.

Good Friday Evening all,

Mercy me it has been hot this week, and a couple of Forest Fires or more to go with it. Fortunately our Firefighters were able to put out the Fires.

You all recall I had some overheating problems with my laptop, and even though I took a can of air and cleared out the dust as best I could. After looking at the Video below, I will need to take my cover off carefully and remove 2 Fans, and check the Dust Vents, they are probably not quite clear. This is the only way to make 100% sure, all those little Dust Bunnies are gone......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=450kdAIH0dI

How To Clean Your Laptop (Solve Overheating Issues)ASUS ROG GL502VM | ROG - Republic Of Gamers

The one thing I did do, was throttle my CPU down about 4%, cut back my Trainz settings slightly on Performance and it's not overheating at all.......So there's that for the moment.

On to some Routes I downloaded earlier this week......

<kuid:844571:100741> BNSF Seligman Sub
<kuid:92924:100339> Datsun Junction
<kuid:455032:106848> Effingham Electric RR
<kuid2:63015:100019:1> Industrial Wasteland
<kuid2:55290:100128:1> JPKWyomingCoal Tane SP2 v1
<kuid2:55290:100618:1> NS SUB V3.0 TRS 2019 Update 1
<kuid:515942:100324> NSWGR Semaphore Creek Branchline
<kuid:515942:1567> NSWGR Humula to Melaney
<kuid2:515942:100053:1> Oil Creek & Titusville Railroad
<kuid:515942:100275> TRS 19 - Oil Creek & Titusville Railroad
<kuid2:57443:20004:3> Oyster Bay Railroad v 1.2
<kuid:64038:42008484> Pillsbury
<kuid2:55290:180536:1> Southern Hills

=============================================================================================
Here are some You Tube Videos I watched this week:

Model Trains Layout with Thousands of Funny Details in HO Scale
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g86a7Bh0oDg

UKs LARGEST MODEL RAILWAY MASSIVE Water Feature Resin Pour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK-DChcWPqA

Effingham Railroad Unloading Vulcans 5-6-2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl_vrskYg8s

Decide to clear out some of my older Routes, and ran into these, some of which are Modules.

One of these Routes, Oyster Bay is marvelous it so many nooks and cranny's to find. The most amazing is the small space it is made in.......Please check out this Route......Shows what Creativity in the right hands can accomplish.

Here are some pictures I took of the Route.

This is Track plan, some of the lines are not Track, but are Boat Paths in the Waterway:

Make sure you check all the walls, there is a Multitude of items hanging up for display.....And there is even a Map too, if I recall correctly......Take a look at all the different Boats in the Harbor area.......

Over here they had a bad Storm, and wild waters beat up the pilings holding the Rails, looks like we have a Pile Driver coming in for repairs. Might take a a while, but then quality work takes time? Right?

Nice to see they Cones blocking the line so trains don't drive too far....Wouldn't be pretty if Freight or Cars ended up in the River.....

Take a look at the wall on the other side, some very interesting items up on the wall, curious what some of them are, go into Surveyor Mode and use your Mouse Cursor to identify the Item of Curosity.

Overhead shot here, watching your speed and the curves is a must on this Route, and there is lots of places to Shunt. From up here the view is spectacular to say the least.......

What's this? A model train Control Board, wow the Author thought of everything!

Long view here, can you see Light House on the other side.......

I just heard a knock on the Closed Doors across the other side, wonder whose coming into the room to play with Oyster Model Train layout.

I think that will do it........Have a good weekend, and stay safe, looks like we are in one heck of Battle with Covid-19.........Time will tell I guess if we get better and our numbers come down in California.

Good Wednesday all,

Hope everyone is OK, as we continue the Covid-19 Battle. For me, I still working in healing my foot, and is improving, I just need to be careful how much ladder Climbing and digging, and all those other things you do to keep a Garden in good order.

Now mentioned a while back, I was working on getting rid of legacy Computer Parts and cleaning up large collection of this and that Components etc, I'm proud to say the pile of nearly 27 year old antiques including an Old Apple Computer is on there way to the recycle yards. Their time has come, and I need to simplify all this stuff. Ironically, I had two older Desktops systems, one which kept giving me Bios issues. That I merged some parts and made one older Desktop Computer which is now working great. I do have one hard drive that is sketchy with errors, so it will get cloned and be on it's way to the Electronics Recycle.

It has been a good week I think with said accomplishments.

For You Tube:

Railfan Rowan NS Pittsburgh Line Rail-fanning - Day 1 - Exploring Johnstown, PA - Altoona, PA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ6yJ9m8JPg

Day 2 - NS Pittsburgh Line Rail-fanning - Gallitzin, Altoona, Juniata, Horseshoe Curve, PA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8l0V_P7Y6c&list=TLPQMDQwODIwMjB9ioEVp4xk_A&index=2

This next Video was very hard to watch, when you do, listen to what Rail fan Danny Harmon has to say about another Large Rail Yard Closure in the name of Precision Railroading.....Grrrrrr!!I let you be the judge in how the Railroad Industry is changing for various reasons. Of which are great concern to me........

https://www.youtube.com/user/distantsignal
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=distant+signal https://www.youtube.com/user/distantsignal

Jaw Tooth meets a new and upcoming Rail Fan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IueRwx1fy7M

Michigan Steam Trains At Dearborn Michigan, Riding Trains At Greenfield Village, Weiser Railroad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbwYvVHXaEY

Indiana & Ohio Railway, Lima & Deshler Trains Crossing Railroad Diamonds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw8qVmaaqBs

And a shout out goes to Member BTVFD for "Some ERSX stuff" he does outstanding Repaints, Re-skins and all kind of cool creative Assets for us.....Thank you Sir........We appreciate it!!
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?92286-Repaints-by-BTVFD

And now over to Oyster Bay I downloaded a Dime a Dozen new Motive Power to replace our very aging Units who can break down anytime due to there old age, of which no one can fault. I didn't get a chance for Pics, but when I do, I will show the Power.

Over at New England Merge, a little fun with the Sun.

Looking just pass our Potash Plant, City Scape awaits the Passengers on Amtrak runs through this colorful back country area....Still a WIP more items to be added.

And a view looking the other way out where our River ends for now.....I might add more tiles and Scenery later on this end! Just thinking out loud......Did a small Dam here to control Water flow when it rains hard in the Spring Time or we have lots of Snow Melt.

Our Creamery Operation is ready for Supplies now, every is fresh, there'll be a lot of Carloads coming a going when this gets into full Swing. Dedicated Spur tracks act as feed points for this big Milk Plant Operation.

And in the hills above the Creamery Plant, a couple of small Mines for Iron, Lime, and whole bunch of different Ores. Pretty sweet deal for the RR......Trains will come once or more a day to shunt loads as needed.

On right side of Mining operation, Trains can top off their Full Tanks, they need too, Train Consists from Ore and Creamery will be heavy, and there are some canyons to climb between here and the larger City and Industrial areas of this Route.

Just brought in a Rake of Empty Ore Cars for the Mine Stipples. Got our fuel, now will check with Yard manager too see what else we need to haul back up East end of this Route.

Just past the Creamery Plant before our Mainline, we hit Y here, allowing us easy access to either Direction for Rail Car Yard......Dwarf signal is spot on here showing us Diverging Route. 10 MPH speed limit for safety..

Here you see the small Yard and we can really pack in those Rail Cars too......Look to the tallest Building to the left, there is Y coming into the Yard area. Green Building just past the Y is Creamery operation. Over to lower left is Power Plant and to right heavy industrial area....Lots and Lots of Industry in this area....A lone C&O Loco is getting the last set of Cars lined up and ready to spot in nearby Industries on the Right here.....

I had planned to get this out early this morning, but a little Honey Do List took priority , so now, I can't believe it, it is almost midnight.......Wow time flies when your having fun.......

Take care all, and please stay safe out there.......Peace

What did you do to your foot ? I myself am having the darnedest time getting a small diabetic leg blister to heal. Please take care, and get professional medical attention.

Thanks for all the video links :cool:

Thank you for your concern,

I have what is called Plantar Faciitis, it is extreme inflammation of the Foot Tendons from Achilles Heal point, back of the heal up too and extending into the Toes at times.........

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=plantar+fasciitis&atb=v207-1&ia=web

Overview

ds00508_im00939_r7_fasciitisthu_jpg.jpg

Plantar fasciitis (PLAN-tur fas-e-I-tis) is one of the most common causes of heel pain. It involves inflammation of a thick band of tissue that runs across the bottom of your foot and connects your heel bone to your toes (plantar fascia).
Plantar fasciitis commonly causes stabbing pain that usually occurs with your first steps in the morning. As you get up and move, the pain normally decreases, but it might return after long periods of standing or when you stand up after sitting.

Plantar fasciitis is more common in runners. People who are overweight and those who wear shoes with inadequate support also have an increased risk of plantar fasciitis.

Causes
Your plantar fascia is in the shape of a bowstring, supporting the arch of your foot and absorbing shock when you walk. If tension and stress on this bowstring become too great, small tears can occur in the fascia. Repeated stretching and tearing can irritate or inflame the fascia, although the cause remains unclear in many cases of plantar fasciitis

===============================================================
Now what I need to allude too, this started about 5 years ago, when I was working in Arizona, doing some very hard physical work. I had some serious pain in my Toes and part of my Heal. I thought it was just too much Week End Warrior, cleaning up a large plot of Land, that need digging out Trees, and various other Shrubs etc in very hard Desert Soil conditions. I of course just kept putting up the pain for weeks, and pushing on, taking some pain pills....What I did not know, was??? This was the beginning of Plantar Faciitis in the Foot Ligaments......And this happened a few more times over the years, however this year, it was the worst ever, with pain so bad, I couldn't hardly walk, so I spoke with a Doctor, and after exams, they confirmed it was Plantar Faciitus, I of course didn't come to the realization that what had occurred in the past when I was about 5 years younger was the beginnings of this painful almost Chronic issue.

There is an old saying in the streets, what you don't know can hurt you.....In this case, I didn't know, and had never come across anyone with this issue. Other than some folks saying they had sore feet, which can just about mean anything........

Use Cold Packs to relieve inflammation, and something Called KT Tape, like athletes use. This is just one of those things, I have to get thru, and I do watch what I do, and my foot is much better.....Problem is, I am close to 70, and the Body doesn't heal like it did in my 20's 30's etc..........

Hope you can get your Ulcer healed up.........God Bless and look over you Sir......

Back