Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

FootPlatePhil has some great Sessions for you, Cost is Free! Ck it out?

Folks we have a lot of nice things from our Rte and Asset Builders. I just read this off FootPlatePhils Thread and thought, maybe perhaps, a lot of Folks don't know or didn't catch there are some great Sessions to go with this Route he just released.

So here is the situation:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...layney-Galong-Cootamundra-quot-now-on-the-DLS

Phils Comments
"
Only about 1 in 5 people downloading the route are downloading the sessions. I put hundreds of hours work into their development and testing. I really recommend you check them out. And since the Bases Session is a dependency for the route, I wonder if people are downloading the other route dependencies. The route is not going to look and work as intended with out them. I don't get it. Its all free stuff!!"

=====================================================================================

Blues Comments cont'd
I think this just about puts it in perspective. Phil has put an enormous amount of time and effort into this Rte, too showcase his effort in providing outstanding work.

If you like the Routes he has made, please also take advantage of his awesome Sessions he is providing. Its's a win, win.

Here are some pics of his Coal Session I am trying out.....I should also say, the Route is very large too, Plenty to see and do.......

Now just to entice you a bit more.....

Here is the size of this Route......

Now is spirit of Truthfulness, I have 3 Assets Missing, I still ran the session, and it is fun.

I tried to delete the missing assets, but it didn't work for some reason, so I just went ahead and ran the session.

This is picture inside of the Locomotives

Here is pic of 4 Sessions I downloaded to go with Route....(Confession, I didn't read thru completely too know these Sessions were available until today, my Bad)

Im running the Coal Session......

Stopped for Signal , while AI took control and got Crossover Switches lined up, 20 sec delay maybe.....Cool!

Showing Red Signal for Train, we have using passing track and not drive thru Passenger Station with our Coal Load.

Last edited:
Hi Blue,

First, a really big thanks for you ongoing interest in my WeddinNSW route. I have appreciated your support over the last few versions.

The three missing assets identified in your above screenshot are listed in my TRS2019 SP4 as being 'packaged' assets. Do you have the 'TANE Assets pack' installed? The missing assets are scenery assets used in only a few places. It is an untidy solution, but they can be ignored with any significant impact if sorting them out becomes too troublesome.

And since this is a screenshots thread (I hope you don't mind the plug)...

Another shot from Blayney, which features in your shots above.

WeddinNSW-V5.jpg

The following are taken around Young (Australia's cherry capital), a couple of hours away on the Blayney-Demondrille cross country line.
WeddinNSW-V5.jpg

WeddinNSW-V5.jpg

Phil

Last edited:
Hi Blue,

First, a really big thanks for you ongoing interest in my WeddinNSW route. I have appreciated your support over the last few versions.

The three missing assets identified in your above screenshot are listed in my TRS2019 SP4 as being 'packaged' assets. Do you have the 'TANE Assets pack' installed? The missing assets are scenery assets used in only a few places. It is an untidy solution, but they can be ignored with any significant impact if sorting them out becomes too troublesome.

Phil

Hello FootplatePhil,

There is absolutely a good chance I left out that DLC when I did a partial rebuild of TRS2019 Platinum. Thinking back now, at the time I had to uninstall all my DLC including Routes, to clear up a Faulty Asset issue with the Platinum, I mucked it up, by downloading or doing something wrong. :eek:

When I did the rebuild, I recall thinking why should I use a TANE DLC from an old program I no longer use, who knew, I might need it for Route.........So I'll go back and re install it, that should clear it up.....:)

Thank you for helping me out........

BTW visiting New South Wales is one of those things on my personal Bucket List, but the next best, is playing with awesome Routes you create, maybe one day I'll have the opportunity to make that happen. ;)

:)

I snuck in a couple of screenshots, probably while you were typing:D

And they look terrific, I have a motto, A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS......Proof is in the Pudding for sure.......:mop::mop::mop:

Phil you are always welcome to post here..........:D

God Bless and keep you healthy.........Made my day Sir!

Looks like Mr's Blue is letting me know, I need to finish some Yard Work before it gets to hot here to work outside.........:hehe: Cheers :wave:

Last edited:
Coastal Route work continues /Philskenes Rt Pics/ Blues YTube Pics of the week!

Good Wednesday Morning all,

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend. I continue working on my latest merge with a Coastal Route, deleting Tracks, adding Crossovers and several Signals, more tiles as I increase it from the original dimensions.

But tonight we have some pictures from one of Philskenes Route. A fantastic and very gifted Route maker.

Blues YouTube Pics of the week:

Scranton Steamtown area rails. Steam/electric/diesel trains in and around Steamtown area. 6/24/22

https://youtu.be/t8DvTA_6bQg

Jun 25, 2022 We see everything from Delaware Lackawanna Alco’s, Steamtown equipment displays, Electric City Trolley excursion on 1926 Brill car, and live steam on the Scranton Limited. There is something to see for everyone at this Pennsylvania landmark.
============================================================================================================
Blues Comments:Have to say, seen a lot of Steam Locomotives, this one is very unusual, but was built with minimalism as for primary motive. Kudos to this gent

The Gadget' #12 | 7.25" 0-4-0 Beam Engine Clishay Locomotive

https://youtu.be/AlZWXgD8tpA

On Saturday the 6th of September 2020, John Heald ran his new locomotive for only the second time. The 0-4-0 freelance Clishay locomotive uses a 'Beam Engine' design and a steel boiler, proving to be John's most unique build yet.

But the work paid off, and the outcome is a stunning, hardworking, forgiving engine, making it easy for learner drivers to be educated on the running of steam locomotives. All whilst hauling three fully loaded ride cars with ease for the public.

This Locomotive Mini-Documentary covers the build process, some shots from around the Tauranga Model Marine & Engineering Society track, as well as an interview with the Builder & Owner, John Heald. Enjoy!
============================================================================================================
Blues Comments: Is it me, or does it seem like they're are to many yard derailments going on lately?

csx derailment being cleaned at CSX Greenwich yard (6/16/2022)

https://youtu.be/cvH2fb9yib8

The derailment occurred at 8:30 this morning from a bad order switch the train was rolling over the switch then the switch unlocked and set the other way then this train halfway through started to go on another track and it pulled two cars off the tracks and pulled the rail out of the ground it set until 530 then crews were on scene and started doing work The last car was put on the track at 9:30 at night trains were delayed until overhanging wires could be fixed.,
Blues Comments: If you enjoy oddities, and a good ole story about can do, Yankee Ingenuity this Gentleman has it all!
I watched him for better part of 5yrs or so, and next time me and Mr's Blue take a trip to the Midwest, I plan to make a stop at his Place!

He is very gifted, whole hearted and shows what can done if you really put on your best Show. I think he does, and so does his cadre of Volunteers who help him out.....These highly unusual Locomotives which are quit an oddity make it all happen on this little home town Railroad.

Signals on the J&L Narrow Gauge

https://youtu.be/UtRSXefdAcQ

Jul 4, 2022 On this Independence Day I am out pondering the installation of signals on our railroad and how they will function to help control train movements while adding a bit of operational interest.
Gigantic Railroad Trestle Over Ohio River At Kenova West Virginia, Train With DPU, BNSF Locomotives!

https://youtu.be/KUq8g43MKrw

Jul 5, 2022 Trains Cross Huge Railroad Trestle In Kenova, West Virginia! Norfolk Southern RR Bridge Street Running Down 13th Street, Burlington Northern Santa Fe Led Train With BNSF Mid Train DPU on a mixed freight. This Norfolk Southern line goes through Ohio, crosses the Ohio River and enters West Virginia. First train has 3 locomotives on a westbound double stack inter-modal train and it crosses the CSX main line before going down 13th Street and crossing the Ohio River. Next we see an eastbound Norfolk Southern manifest with 2 BNSF locomotives, one on the lead and one in the middle of the train. After that we see a snapping turtle that showed up in my front yard. It was trying to get to my pond. Chessie didn't see it at first but as soon as she figured out what it was, she got back and started barking. Remember last year when Chessie got snapped on the nose by a snapping turtle near my pond? Well, now she knows to stay back.
Blues Comments: Sometimes you wonder why you ever got out of Bed and went to work on a particular day, this had to be what the Engineer who came along and ended up hitting a Derailed Train, unable to stop in the day. Awful incident for both Engineers involved, and it was a Mechanical Failure.

Vintage B&O 8mm Film B&O in Cleveland and Ravenna Ohio, c.1958-62. Steam switching at the Cleveland W. 3rd St. Yard.

https://youtu.be/0zP8qIZpUJs

The wreck was in Ravenna, Ohio and it was caused by a freight that had derailed going 40MPH. Eastbound. No. 17 came along at 55 MPH. E-7s 1432 leading and 1445 trailing. Hit derailed Extra 4511 East freight fouling Track One. 16 people injured. Caused by broken spring plank on gondola B&O 352318. Anyone know what the name of the Pullman car was? Didn't get it on film! Filmed by my father 5/26/62.

Last shot is B&O S-2 at Brookside Park, Cleveland.
B&O Fast Freights (1954, Interurban Films)

https://youtu.be/y4a1R0VBwD4
N&W Buffalo to New Haven and Everywhere In Between

Apr 2, 2018 Many of these films were taken around Conneaut or near Fremont in Ohio with short sequences at Maple Grove (Ohio) and New Haven (Indiana) as well as North Carolina.

https://youtu.be/fCbkw0uOx3s

The F units in the snow near Conneaut were on their last trip and were dead-lined when they got to Bellevue later that day.
Blue Comments: Who says you just about ship anything by Railroads, I wonder if that mindset train of Thought exists today?

The White Train - Pantex Plant

https://youtu.be/47HSAT7bgN8

Jul 31, 2019 Beginning in the 1950’s, one of the main components of shipping warheads to and from Pantex was by rail - on the aptly named “White Train.” For more than 30 years, the White Train was considered the safest transit method available with a perfect track record.
Blues Comments: Very Happy to see old Train Lines being restored today, I think like others, we rip up too many Rail Lines to our behest, and see the unhappy Road Traffic Clogs of Delivery Trucks and heavy trucking damage to our Freeways and Roads, for weighted items left better on Steel Rails that can handle the Weight.

First train in 1 year to Admiral Kalfbus Crossing

https://youtu.be/NmFdKqD0Zm0

Jul 3, 2022 For the first time since June 15, 2021 a train ventured as far south at the Admiral Kalfbus Crossing in Newport, RI. Currently the crossing is being rebuilt and the track south of it hasn't seen a train in some time either. This move was made to show a railroad presence in the area with the plan that the line will be restored next year. It was also to look for Milepost #1 that was unfortunately believed to have been buried by previous construction work. Enjoy this video of this rare occurrence running down the overgrown tracks to Newport, RI.
Providence & Worcester 04/14/22 long daylight move. Geeps 2007 & 2008 on head end.

https://youtu.be/nFetq6bEPgo

2,504 views Apr 14, 2022 This daylight (PR1 or PR3) move was longer than usual and fouled Mendon Road while picking up cars @ the stop and shop siding. Coming from the direction of Woonsocket, the train set out cars in the Valley. After leaving most of this train there, they took scrap gons out to schnitzer, before continuing out the Pawtucket line. The 2 GP38-2s were both built and purchased by the Providence & Worcester in 1980.
=============================================================================================================
And that's a Wrap for today's items, thanks for dropping in. Enjoy your shortened week.

Camping for Blue at Lake/CSX Yard Changes/YTube Pics

Good Evening all,

I hope everyone is doing OK thru this Covid stuff, hopefully as we near the end of Summer the Counts will improve. So Mr's Blue and I got to the opportunity to go Camping for about 5 days, not to far away. Near one our small Lakes. First few days it was in the 90's and some mosquitoes came for a bit of Blood. But then our problem surfaced with some Grease and Sweet Ants, tiny Black ants. They successfully located our little Jar of Honey, that we have used on numerous occasions. Took a couple more days to clean and detour them from our little area in the Campground. Never had a problem with Ants in all the years of Camping, bears yes from time to time, our failure to make sure all the goodies were stowed away where they couldn't break into the Metal Lockers.

Other than that we some nice time, for the last 2 years it only once we were able to Camp due to Covid Restrictions.

I continued my work on last one of the parts of multi Merge with Aurora Canada, and some other small Routes. Which I'll show some of the latest Pictures with details.

I changed a lot of this Yards Tracks in the hope of making a smoother entry into the Car Storage and some Business Spur Lines for delivery.

Nice little Scrap Yard here, I added another spur turnout because Ive also added heavy Steel and Oil Industries nearby, which will make more scrap materials for this Company to deal with.

When you turn on Engineer Messages there is lots of good information displayed that tells you what is not running right and errors to fix. I think it does show trainz a bit on my Travel Computer, on the Asus no effect.

Bringing in huge Train Load for Sorting and distribution, checking my Puzzle Switches, took about 6-8 changes to make some improvements for the Rail Ladder etc. But well worth it in the long run.

New Steel Yard Manufacture Plants in the Foreground, along with Oil Refinery, will give lots of Rail Traffic. Very much WIP here.

Cutting off Caboose to drop these Loads in the Rail Sorting Yard.

Like the Paint Job on this Boxcar? I think it is pretty cool Art.

We pulled in on the new lead lines for the main yards, looks to be working about right, and my Signals are showing well too.

CSX Power just pulled in 126 Cars with 2 sets of DPU's and end Pusher DPU, now we sort them into Groups with backward push into the Stub Yards.

Going to take a while to get all the loads where I need them, but this is a good Stress Test for all the reorienting of Rail lines with 2 and triple Switch setups for ease of yard entry.

Blues YTube Picks of the week:

Amazing stuff he does with Trainz.

Funniest Fails Behind the Scenes!

https://youtu.be/sd50mKDbDSs
================================================================================
Comments:I think everyone is fully aware of our Supply Chain issues Domestically and Globally, I hoping to see me more those closed Rail Service lines reopened and put back to work.

First train in 6 years from Colonial Beverage - Bay Colony Railroad

https://youtu.be/pRTQlqY_69M

Jul 15, 2022 In the Spring of 2016 the last boxcar shipments to Colonial Beverage in North Dartmouth, MA occurred. The siding was then used for storage although that ended after a couple years. Now in July of 2022 a surprise boxcar load showed up for the customer but unfortunately I was not there to document it's arrival. As a result I set out to photograph it's departure and was able to catch the first boxcar in 6 years to depart Colonial Beverage (empty). Despite this being the first car in sometime it is believed this is a "one and done" move, at least at this time. This video shows the siding as well as the BCLR operations to move the car.
==================================================================================
Newport Secondary South End Restoration - Late 6/2022

https://youtu.be/U6W4iLMLwdg

Jul 14, 2022 In this video we see some of the recent work done on the south end of the Newport Secondary Rail Line. Milepost #2 was painted, Admiral Kalbfus Crossing work, and we also see current conditions of the line at Dyers St. Newport, RI. Also of note we ran a locomotive down to the Admiral Kalbfus crossing in June. A link to that video is displayed in the end screen.
===================================================================================
Providence & Worcester Daylight Ethanol 03/30/22

https://youtu.be/b_SmRFK-09U

Mar 30, 2022 2 old paint B40-8Ws (4005 4006) make a candy corn sandwich of B40-8 4003, as they slowly move loaded ethanol through Cumberland, RI on a beautiful sunny day. This train will be broken up at Cranston yard, where the cars wil be pushed into Shell/Motiva at the Port of Providence.
===================================================================================
Eastbound Cab Ride Through Carrizo Gorge HD
539,389 views Nov 8, 2012 Watch in High Definition! The Carrizo Gorge Railway is a short line freight operator that ran on the old San Diego and Arizona Eastern Railway between Plaster City (west of El Centro in the Imperial Valley) and the US border at Tijuana. In 2008, the US portion of the line between Campo and Plaster City was embargoed to freight traffic due to deteriorating track conditions. Since then, another railroad has begun operations on the Mexican portion of the line between Tijuana and Tecate. Recently, the Carrizo Gorge Railway has restarted its maintenance program on the line between Plaster City and Campo. The railroad is based out of Jacumba, located about halfway between Campo and Plaster City. Using one of its F Units and an 89 foot flatcar, the railway is able to transport a team of construction contractors to any point along the tracks to perform maintenance.

This video is of a cab ride one on of the recent Maintenance of Way trips from Jacumba, through the famed Carrizo Gorge and across the Goat Canyon trestle, before continuing on east to Plaster City.

100 is an EMD F7 A unit and was built in 1952 as B&LE 723A. Over the years, it saw uses as a locomotive for US Steel, the Texas Southern Dinner train and most recently the Spirit of Washington Dinner Train. It still wears the paint scheme of this most recent owner, but the words OF WASHINGTON were painted out.

Departing Jacumba, we first pass the siding at Titus. We then stop briefly before crossing under Interstate 8, so we can load some additional ties lying nearby. Continuing east, we pass the Spur at Dubbers. I take a short walk through the engine room to look out the back. Old locomotives like this make hearing protection a must. We then pass through Tunnel 5 and enter the gorge! After going a few miles, we pause briefly at the tunnel 8 siding, where several ex. AMT commuter cars are being stored, so some rocks can be cleared from the tracks. While I didn't include it in the video, there was some substantial evidence in and around the cars that hikers have been vandalizing them, which is pretty sad. We then continue east and pass though Tunnel 8, which the CZRy rebuilt and shored up with concrete when it was reopening the line, some ten years ago. We get some spectacular views of the gorge as we crawl along the narrow ledge. We then pass the west portal of the collapsed old Tunnel 15, and a short time later, enter the new Tunnel 15. Right after exiting the tunnel, we are on the famed Goat Canyon Trestle; the world's largest wooden railroad trestle. The trestle was built in 1932 along with the new Tunnel 15 when the side of the mountain slid down several feet and caused the collapse of old Tunnel 15. We pass semaphore signals that were designed to give a stop signal should the bridge collapse or be damaged. We then pass through tunnel 16 and stop at the east portal. Here, the construction equipment and workers were offloaded, and the locomotive continued east with the flatcar, rails, and ties. Shortly thereafter, we encounter a group of trespassers as we are about to enter tunnel 18.

Continuing east, the gorge gets shallower and we pass through the last few tunnels. We turn east as the gorge continues north. The tracks begin the long winding descent into the Anza Borrego Desert towards the Imperial Valley. We pass Dos Cabezas Siding, the sand blown area at Silica, cross over freeway 8, pass though Coyote wells, and end at a dirt crossing just west of Plaster City. The tracks at the crossing were destroyed a year or two ago by a large vehicle working on nearby power lines. We drop off the ties and sticks of rail, which were to be used to repair the tracks. The tracks have since been repaired on a subsequent trip and trains can once again reach Plaster City and points east. I rode on the return trip to Jacumba as well, and that video can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYt91U...

And that's a Wrap for today's items, thanks for dropping in.

Last edited:
Probably a dumb question because I haven't been following the thread, but the route looks neither snowy, high or in a valley. Was it changed to low, flat desert at some point while retaining the same name?

Probably a dumb question because I haven't been following the thread, but the route looks neither snowy, high or in a valley. Was it changed to low, flat desert at some point while retaining the same name?

Hi Dino,

From an old guy like me who set in Classroom, and had to ask questions, which I would constantly get lambasted for (not getting it) to your first question?

Absolutely not a dumb question at all, and I need to see if I can change the title of my Thread, but I fear I am stuck with it. :(

The Title had to do with when I first started out, A route that had very high snowy mountains many years ago.....And me holding my head in shame, probably should have made a more mundane title for all the different things I portray here......:hehe:

I'm honored that you and others who make really cool assets, thereby improving the Game for us, come by to say hello. ;)

Take care my friend and be well....:wave:

Hi Blue my friend, I'm here again.
After so much care we have had covid at home although we are better now. I hope you and the family are well and without problems.

On this side of the pond we are submerged in a "heat wave"; the bad thing is not only the high temperatures but the duration because we have been like this for about 10 days.
The phenomenon extends to a large part of Europe and as an example, in the United Kingdom today they expect to reach 41º Celsius or 105.8 F, never seen before!!!

I will write in this thread of yours as interesting as always. :)

Hugs

Javier

Sorry to hear about your Covid!

Hi Blue my friend, I'm here again.
After so much care we have had covid at home although we are better now. I hope you and the family are well and without problems.

On this side of the pond we are submerged in a "heat wave"; the bad thing is not only the high temperatures but the duration because we have been like this for about 10 days.
The phenomenon extends to a large part of Europe and as an example, in the United Kingdom today they expect to reach 41º Celsius or 105.8 F, never seen before!!!

I will write in this thread of yours as interesting as always. :)

Hugs

Javier

Hola Javier,

I have to travel to Grand Kids house today, they had Surgery for bad Gall Stone issue.....I will write more hear later in day......:eek:

Sorry to hear about Covid......

Hugs and Prayers from Blue's House to yours.......

God Bless my Friend :wave:

CSX Rte//4 /new rts added / YTube Pics

Good Friday Folks,

Hoping everyone is getting along OK with Covid. My Grandchild was finally able to get in and have their GallBladder removed, pretty intensive surgery due to problem of very large Gall Stones and part of our Family for whatever reason has Gall Stone issues back 4 generations, not fun for them. Now they are in recovery mode from 5 days of strong surgical pains. Things are starting to look up......

=========================================================================================
On to Trains, I downloaded a couple of tiny Routes 1-3 Tiles to play with....And use as add on's for other merge Projects in the Future. Always enjoy looking at other Artists Routes too see what their Creative Acumen brings. Another thing I look at with Routes, Whimsical not included in this vain of Thought, is form and function, is the way Tracks, and buildings etc intertwine, does it work, does it make sense ( not everything has to make sense) that is a given, however some things for me do.

Reading Merkiomen Branch V1.1
Mountenay
Susquehanna & New York Railroad TRS19 0
Somewhere Scotland 1948-1964 4v5

Pictures for today, form Coast Desert Route Merge I am working on. Add Harbor and heavy Industrial area, Concrete, and Wood Surfaces.

Late afternoon switching in newer industrial yard.

I enjoy having some Assets that come with Lights, reminds me, I need to put in Street and area Lighting.....
=========================================================================================

Running Signal Aspect checks in this territory.

Bad! Bad Blue, this was end of old extension, and I forgot to remove the Buffer top here, no wonder my Signals weren't showing in the next several miles........

Concrete is being delivered to new Customer on the Route

Here is heavy industrial yard, not quite finished, I think for a while, until I get the right type of Buildings in place.

This side is working OK, but I find I'll need to address some runaround tracks in this area.

Blues Y Tube Pics of the week!

First trains since 1949: Mass Coastal on New Bedford Double Track

https://youtu.be/FzHzAsvP-lE

In this video we take a look at Mass Coastal MC-4 on the section of New Bedford Line double track that was originally removed in 1949. While not the very first trains, we see a couple of local freights traversing the new track just a few weeks after it went into service. Note this is the New Bedford Line double track but it is currently just single track. This is because the original jointed rail track has been removed for complete replacement hence why MC-4 is on the new track. This is just a restoration of the double track as the line has been in continuous use since it was built . This work is part of the South Coast Rail Project bringing MBTA commuter rail to the cities of Fall River, New Bedford, and Taunton, MA via Middleboro, MA.
Signals on the J&L Narrow Gauge

https://youtu.be/UtRSXefdAcQ

Jul 4, 2022 On this Independence Day I am out pondering the installation of signals on our railroad and how they will function to help control train movements while adding a bit of operational interest.
Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad Train | Pop Car/Speeder

https://youtu.be/0TOE7ASE87g
Peak Rail Turntable Inauguration 1/5/10

https://youtu.be/quqD1rA8Kbk

May 2, 2010 On Saturday 1st May 2010, Peter Waterman officially opened the Peak Rail Turntable that had been worked on over a sustained period by a group of dedicated volunteers. The turntable is located in the original turntable pit on what was the Rowsley Engine Shed site. This video shows the opening of the turntable and the penultimate day of the LMS 8F, 8624, running on Peak Rail, before going on her travels.
0:05 / 3:58
British Railways, steam cranes raising a class 8f locomotive after a shunting accident, 1960's

https://youtu.be/MVyYBF0ccgg

May 6, 2016 Two steam breakdown cranes raising a class 8f locomotive after it slipped on a rusty rail while shunting at a Coventry shunting yard and ending up down a bank. Taken round about 1964 on 8mm B&W film.
A short drone flight about Beyer Garratt "6042" 18 Oct 2020

https://youtu.be/pK7VVA0LldY

Oct 19, 2020 Built in 1956 this Beyer Garratt "6042" had the privilege of operating the final New South Wales Government Railways steam service in February 1973.
In 1974, 6042 was purchased by the Lachlan Vintage Village in Forbes. A few years later in 1979 she was relocated under her own steam power to the Vintage Village... (temporary rail had to be put down to get here to her resting place)
In November 1986 the locomotive was sold to Dorrigo railway Museum.... but due to no rail link and cost of relocation... the locomotive has sat idle for over 40 years...
SER Beyer Garratt Film

https://youtu.be/_SpE4P2eX-8
Montana Rail Link Vol. 3, The Final Countdown: GP9, SD40-2XR, and SD45 Locomotives

https://youtu.be/G_7bn1HCtJY

Feb 24, 2022 In this video, we’ll cover Montana Rail Link local freights and work trains during the railroad’s final years between July of 2017 and October of 2021. MRL’s remaining SD45 locomotives are heavily documented in this video, along with models SD40-2, SD40-2XR, SD70ACe, GP35, and GP9. Our coverage includes MRL locals and ballast trains on the 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 10th Subdivisions, featuring 100% blue power leading trains. The new Laurel-Bozeman local, “R LAUBOZ”, is seen racing through the Yellowstone Valley during beautiful spring, summer, and fall days, powered by SD45s, SD40-2XRs, and even a surprise PRLX SD75M. MRL 346 and MRL 355 were the most common locomotives seen on this train, with the pair showing up together during our first chase. Next, we move over to the 5th Subdivision between Whitehall, Montana and Logan, Montana to follow the 844 local, along with a Pipe stone ballast train, as they make good time on the line’s 40 mph jointed rail. We then move on to Winston Hill, where the Helena Switch, 840 local, and ML (M-MISLAU) are seen on various days as they work up and down the 1% grades southeast of Helena on the 2nd Subdivision. Finally, we’ll take a journey along the 4th and 10th Subdivisions in western Montana to view the Gas Local and an empty ballast train, as they make their way across the railroad.
===========================================================================================
WSOR L464 works the Watertown sub

https://youtu.be/gIhjN4Ebs3A

298 views Jul 21, 2022 Recorded 7/12/22
Chasing the L464 from Madison to Marshall and back with WAMX 4170 & WAMX 4196

===========================================================================================
UP engineering special passing st Paul road

https://youtu.be/3s3S0REwiDA
Abandoned Trains! Engines and more.

https://youtu.be/U4XEAATUTC8

Another great find on the back roads of South Carolina - This grouping of Abandoned Train Engines and more. Here is a close up look at these bad boys!!
Train graveyard movie!!!! Lordstown, Ohio

https://youtu.be/Jy9xdjtZrCk
Taking a Look at Wheeling and Lake Erie's Carey, Ohio Yard! Two Heritage Units!

https://youtu.be/D4wR5-u6F8o
4564 leader- 4 Engines Norfolk Southern Train DPU

https://youtu.be/r2i5bxiyiyw
Thanks for dropping in.......Stay Healthy.

Last edited:
Hi Blue, I hope your grandson gets well soon. :)
Thanks as always for your work and for the videos with the comments.

Have a nice weekend and regards to Mrs Blue.

Hugs,

Javier

Sierra Nev Camp/Coast Rte improvements/ YTube Pics

Good Monday Morning,

Hello all, just got back from a week of Camping in Sierra Nevada Mts. It was great to see some of our Campgrounds, but hard to also see all the Fire Damage from the last couple of years Drought, Wood Boring Beetle Damage, and burned trees. We did get a bit of Rain up there, and there are some baby Trees coming in. But everything is very dry.

Fire Burn Link?

One thing of experience, which goes to being prepared for injuries, one of our Family members tripped over some firewood near the campfire, and scratched their Calf with sharp piece of firewood. We had first aid items and dressed and bandaged the wound. Rechkd it next morning, applied more Topical Antibiotics, fortunately, it was just a good scratch, only 1st two layers of Skin were abraded! But it could of easily been much, much worse, possibly a puncture wound. My point being, never forget when your in the wild, things can and do happen when you least expect, so make sure you have Medical Contingencies in mind, for those moments.

While Blue was enjoying being one with Nature and some quality family time, I did a little work on my Coastal Rte. Had my good days n my frustrated days, with older Assets that would not work properly, and the other things that can go wrong. I have one thing in my arsenal of bag of tricks? Tenacity and dedication too find workable solutions, when all else seems to go wrong. As others have said, the solution sometimes can be right in front of your eyes, and you miss it completely, something like

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...am%27s_razor&usg=AOvVaw0kuLhkibpWTZBB4BFZnZNF

Just need to take the time, and work through it. And when all else fails, sleep on it, the resolution manifests itself the following day.

I will admit, I tore up a lot of tracks and Assets, like a hard 1000 piece Puzzle. Just takes a little time, maybe some good imagination.

Tonight Pictures tell it all.

Originally, this was just an Island Route, about 4 tiles long, Blue mind went bonkers, and I added some here some there, and then? Oh Flash, Merger Mania took everything over, and you know, I ended up with something like a 6 way merge. The rest is history.

Need a Rock out in the Lake, maybe a Lighthouse? Time will tell.

This is an older Picture, one of many, but there is 3 distinct areas, Cape to Cod, Island Wood operation, and Snowy Mountainous Mining Operation. And what is not shown yet, is a Harbor extension with lots of heavy Industrial workings.

The highest most rugged area of the Rte, 5% grades, maybe steeper? Good heavy Mountain action here. I have lots of expansion ideas, when I finish my Harbor section and some other areas of the Route.

Top view of Rugged Mountain area, thanks to Infrared Bob, your Route is awesome to play with. Another of our gifted Route Builders. Aurora Canada I believe is the name.

One side of the Mtn had a steep cutoff,

Cape area, originally there were Grades from 11-13% headed down to small docking area, wasn't going to work for my vision, so I did a hefty ground build out, where 3-5% Grades were more workable with Ore Cars. I would be remiss, if I said it was easy, it took a while, lots of cut and filling, and getting longer curves into the downhill grade.

Its hard to tell where the old and new meet, Highway was changed a lot to get the Sawmill reset it, with long enough Spurs. I forget there is a heavy Saw Mill operation in concert with Ore Shipments to small Port Dock Facilities.

Pic of new Sawmill Location, Rail Service Tracks are in the works, another Month out, for now, heavy Trucking will suffice but not preferable.

Updated Photo, we have Rail Service, but I need to proof out the Curves and Signal, this is not a Dark line anymore, we have too much Freight, and I don't want to depend on Paper Orders, a downhill cornfield meet could prove deadly and close our Short Line operation in New York Minute. Not worth it, and cost employee lives, we do it right, or not at all.! Decisions are tuff to make, never easy! But none the less, all sides of the equation must be looked and leveled, is it necessary, will it work, should it be avoided? Once you cross the line, can you undue what has been done, or should have been done. That is the true vision of serious changes.

Blues Y Tube Pics of week:
=====================================================================
SMOKIN' SLOT MACHINE | What is it??
The Self-powered Slot Machine is definitely an unusual looking machine, but it does help keep the trains rolling.

https://youtu.be/d2hDlgdDefs
Switch Engine SRM 8202 Checkout & Startup. (Part 3)

After at least 12 years of slumber the old girl wakes up goes for a drive. Plus a bit of “What makes it tick..

https://youtu.be/bsIC-q_kbQ4
Running 2 Coal Trains Today but Switch Keeps Malfunctioning
9,119 views Jul 27, 2022 See how they switch out the trains when we are running both of them. Gonna have to fool with the solar powered electric switch because it
keeps going into fault. So you will see how to reset the switch and
also how to manually pump the switch over.

We don't very often run 2 trains at the same time anymore as we
used to. So this is a treat to see. Was really good to see the mine
and prep plant producing a lot of coal this day. Although earlier in
the day we were spreading cross ties and having 2 trains running
that really put a crimp in our track time.
NATIONAL RAILROAD EQUIPMENT at Mt Vernon. Complete rebuild of a old GP9

Complete strip down of an fifty year old MP9 loco
Rebuild from cleaned up base plate using new computer controlled GEN SETS.

https://youtu.be/Vhizu5MRWsE
Short-lines of the Rust Belt: Part 1
3,780 views Jul 27, 2022 Enjoy the operations of four short lines in the Rust Belt, in this case western PA and eastern Ohio. I filmed a lot of footage of these railroads but felt that individually there wasn't enough content to give each line their own video, so instead I have compiled all of the footage together for this video!

To start are some ramp movements on the Union Railroad in Braddock, PA. The URR serves US Steel's remaining Pittsburgh operations and a handful of other industries in/around the Monongahela Valley. It interchanges freight with Norfolk Southern, CSX, Wheeling and Lake Erie, and the CN Bessemer Subdivision (also known as the Bessemer and Lake Erie Railroad). The railroad along with several other transportation operations were once part of the US Steel corporate empire. In 1988 these operations were spun off into the US Steel subsidiary Tran-star, and in 2021 the remaining assets, including the Union Railroad, were sold to Fortress Transportation. I primarily filmed this footage while waiting on Amtrak trains to pass in the valley below on Norfolk Southern's Pittsburgh Line, and included one of these shots in the video that was almost timed perfectly after a Union load finished passing above. I hope to one day film more of the URR's operations as well as some of their exchanges with the other railroads of the region. EMD SW1500's and MP15DC's provide power for the URR.

The Conemaugh and Black Lick Railroad operates in the City of Johnstown and provides rail service to some remaining industries in the Cambria County city. Originally owned and operated by Bethlehem Steel, the railroad changed owners in the early 2000's, first as part of ISG Railways (the remnants of Bethlehem Steel and other failing steel companies) before being acquired by Lehigh Valley Rail Management, which owns and operates the railroad today. In addition to serving Johnstown's industrial facilities, the C&BL interchanges cars with Norfolk Southern and CSX. An EMD SW7 from circa 1949 pushed and pulled the cars seen on the day I was filming. Enjoy transportation of several cars between businesses as well as switching operations at Gautier Steel in Johnstown.

In northeast Ohio is a short-line that truly meets the definition of the word - the Ashtabula, Carson, and Jefferson Railroad only operates about 6 miles of track in Jefferson and Plymouth Townships, as well as the village of Jefferson, all in Ashtabula County. Once part of the otherwise abandoned New York Central Franklin Division, the remaining few miles of track survived through the Penn Central and Conrail eras before being sold to the State of Ohio in 1984, leasing it to the AC&J. The line mainly serves a trans-load facility at the south end in Jefferson, and at the north end interchanges with Norfolk Southern at their Carson Yard. Tourist passenger excursions once operated over the line, however these ended in 2014. In this video on a sunny May morning a handful of covered hoppers were transported to and from the Carson Yard with power provided by an ex-US Army Alco S2 from 1941.

https://youtu.be/faaVRQ-YAHo

Hi Blue, I hope your grandson gets well soon. :)
Thanks as always for your work and for the videos with the comments.

Have a nice weekend and regards to Mrs Blue.

Hugs,

Javier

Hello my Friend,

Sorry for my tardiness in responding, I was lost in Camping in the Sierra Mountains of California, we do annual Family retreat and be one with awesome beauty of Towering Giant Mountains, in this recent year, unfortunately severe Drought coupled with huge Raging Forest Fires have taken their Toll on the Sequoias Trees, but there is some hope it will survive.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=sierra+mountains+fire+map

Yosemite is on fire now, so will see when and where it ends!

Hard to believe August is here, and good news, Grand Kid is recovering now, it was a hard surgery with Large Gall Stone Removal, after one Doctor who should have done the Surgery a week earlier released my Grand Kid, another Doctor had to schedule Surgery quickly before further complications, Infection, Fever etc, darn shame.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=gall+bladder+issues

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...holecystitis&usg=AOvVaw3vbPFLuhabkOvtGq_KTS2Q

Some one upstairs was watching over them......No one should have to be treated this way, unfortunately all too often we here these stories, some with a deadly ending.:(

Safe to say, I relieved they are on the mend now.......

Thank you Javier for your kind thoughts and prayers......:wave:

Stay well my friend......

Phil Skenes Rte Pics/ Sacramento Shortlines/ Switchers on Hwy 99/YTube..

Good Friday Morning,

I thought of something I didn't mention on my last post, coming down Hwy 99, I saw a lot of switching services for Milk, Grain, and Ethanol services with some interesting looking Switcher names, not UP, SP, or BNSF, but other names. If I can find some pictures of them, I will post them here. I couldn't take pictures and drive. Need to be on safe side.

During the week, it was lots of catch up after a week of play n Camping. I did do a lot of Building on the Coast Merger Rte. Working in Cement, Steel and Oil Refinery areas. Had problems with Switch machines getting corrupted, it seems when I do to much adjustment of the Rail alignment for curves and stuff, it causes the Switch to turn all red....Why I do not know, but I delete and hit replace to put in new Switch and that cures the issues. Doesn't happen all the time, it appears intermittent? The other thing that bugs me, is the Red Circle on Junctions, meaning something is out of alignment, it also occurs when I have to different types of Track transition. Seems like I have to put a stick extension of same mainline track, then transition with say Dock Rails or whatever other different track I am using. Seems to me, it probably its how the dissimilar tracks meet on junction and trainz has a hissy fit.....But I find the workarounds eventually.

Pictures from one of PhilSkenes Routes, what a talented creator he is....Love his work.

Sacramento Route, checking out Signals an Stops on the Route.

Running light here with Switchers too see what ones I like and there Gear Strength.

Ckg Crossings to see if one, lights are working, and 2, r cars stopping.

Out in Rural Farm Country here, what a well detailed Route to play on, with lots of industrial switching areas.

This is what happens when you don't pay attention to end of line Rail Bumper.....Oops, and it was such a Cool Caboose, cabese? LOL Yah I know, 30 days off for bad train handling, I'll do the time for the Crime! Thank heavens the Conductor was in the head end with me....

Sitting here waiting for Pipe Dozer Tractors to come and pull apart the mess I just made, Caboose is a total loss...... They might just did a hole here and bury the little fella? Don't think the Farmer cares one way or the other, it didn't affect his crops....Sure made a lot of noise though!

I see my ole Friend Sir Dave Snow is back at it making those cool assets, check out the latest ones, Bridge Etc. Dave is a master Asset maker, look at all the prior Assets he has made. Nothing short of amazing, he has my highest respect. He may be Cranky, he may be old, I'm getting older too, but what he does is pure genius and creativity, so take care of him!

Blues You Tube Picks of the week:

The Rarest Amtrak Train Ever .. You Wont Believe This One!
204,263 views Jan 10, 2015 The Rarest Amtrak Train Ever .. You Wont Believe This One!
This is a pretty rare sight to see. Here we have a Norfolk Southern Locomotive that had to rescue a disabled Amtrak train in the middle of winter! Here you can see the Norfolk Southern Locomotive leading the Amtrak train as it goes through Sheridan and Dunkirk New York. Filmed on January 10th 2015.This is very interesting to see a Norfolk Southern unit leading a rescued Amtrak train #48, the Lake Shore Limited, on CSX trackage. This rescue must have taken place while the eastbound Lake Shore Limited was still running on Norfolk Southern trackage. I know that the Lake Shore Limited runs through Chesterton, Indiana on Norfolk Southern trackage but I do not know at what point the Lake Shore Limited transfers from Norfolk Southern trackage to CSX trackage so that the Lake Shore Limited can run on the former New York Central "Water Level Route" to New York City. You were at the Harrington Road crossing in Sheridan, New York when you captured this train on 10 January 2015.

https://youtu.be/rk-RMtFr1VE
For those thinkn about living on small island?

This tiny railroad across the sea has an important job
Nov 15, 2021 The Lorenbahn, the Lüttmoorsiel-Nordstrandischmoor island railway, is famous for the tiny, private trains that take residents to and from the mainland. But that's not why it was built: and it's got a more useful purpose as well.

Thanks to everyone from Landesbetrieb für Küstenschutz, National park und Meeresschutz Schleswig-Holstein, and to the islanders, for all your time and patience!

https://youtu.be/NL5sRCRa7AE
Broken Compromise Joint Bar and we Gonna Replace it Today

https://youtu.be/o2ljPcWXQ3A
7 Locomotives Pull Extra Long Train! 2 Trains In One! Mid Train DPU Working Hard, Stearns

Kentucky Aug 5, 2022 Train With 7 Locomotives Flying Around Sharp Curve In Railroad Yard Interchange. Then a train with a mid train DPU books through the interchange yard of Norfolk Southern and Big South Fork Scenic Railway. These trains are in Stearns, Kentucky on the NS Rat Hole Line. This line runs between Chattanooga, Tennessee and Cincinnati, Ohio and is owned by the city of Cincinnati. It is called the Rat Hole line because at one time it had numerous tunnels. Most of the tunnels were day-lighted in the 1950s. The first train with 7 locomotives was northbound. It was an inter modal train and auto racks train combined. Notice that 3 of the 7 locomotives say "Do Not Fuel" on the fuel tanks. Probably 4 of the units were being transported to a maintenance facility. Have you ever seen that painted on a fuel tank? Before that train came the signal was showing yellow over red on my side. Right while I was looking at it, it changed to red over red. I was listening to the dispatcher talking to the crew on 160.515 when the train was approaching Robbins, Tennessee which is 25 miles south of where I filmed them. Mrs Tooth was about 500 feet north of me and she filmed it also although she dropped the camera while filming the train. I might use the video but not sure. Should I?
The next train was a southbound train with a mid train DPU working hard. It was 2 trains in one also with the first half being a manifest and the second half being auto racks. We see it crossing an abandoned railroad crossing. The road was closed years ago at the north end of the railroad yard. This small yard has a very historic scale house. We see the scale house, the scale track and a close look at the rail. This video also includes a short look at a Big South Fork Scenic Railway train going under me on its return trip to the station. We took the kids for a ride on it and I will post that video soon. They are only running a little over 3 miles of track due to track washouts.

https://youtu.be/bYweTSeccPc
This is Really Ugly! 7 1/2 Inches of the Rail Head Blew Out!

May 11, 2022 Here's something no one ever gets to see! Rail head is blown out for 7 1/2
inches and to make it worse, it's in a crossing. Action today shows how
the repair was made. Defect is called a split web. The web is the part
of the rail that is from the rail base to the rail head.

Split webs have been attributed to a seam in the web or damage on the web where
numbers are heat stamped into the rail, which was not the case in
this situation. Most likely this was originally initiated by the roller
straightening process during manufacture of the rail, or possibly
hydrogen flakes occurring in the web from the original rail, that
we will never know. Whatever the initial cause, then over the constant dynamic
forces of the train passing over it through the years caused the web to finally
split with the resulting end of the head and web separation.

The discolored portion of the rail web was caused by oxidation from
it having been broken at some point in the not too distant past.

https://youtu.be/b4_CG3rgeEo
Blues Comment: I met this Gentleman on his West Coast, and East Coast tour, he is a real stand up persons, who is trying to start a Short line. I wish him well.....

Railroad Tie removal, the hard way! Lessons learned. East terminal Railway/Conrail

Apr 2, 2022 Tie removal is speeding up BUT we identify how this isn't the correct way to go about this! We have bought a tie remover, but lets finish what we have begun.

https://youtu.be/VNRrR3TwFEw

Going to be a busy weekend for Ole Blue, need to help some friends out with some festivities setup........Thanks for stopping by, stay healthy too...Peace and Prayers.

FYI, you can always comment, or post your pictures here if you like.....My house is your house.

Hello Blue, as I already told you, I am glad that your grandson got over the problem; Also thank you for your good wishes. :)

About the red circles on the switchers..........
they have 3 spline points and must be at the same height, even if the curved deviation is of a very closed radius.
Modifying those parameters I have solved that problem.;)

Regarding the "dead" caboose, if you are very interested I can try to fix it, a little magic here and there...:hehe:
Well, more tomorrow my friend.

cheers

Javier

(I forgot, very good videos)

The Shortz & Kerliez Railroad/YTube Pics Etc

Good Day All,

A day on "The Shortz & Kerliez Railroad"

A fictitious model railroad in Smoke-stack USA. Rust. Dirt. Grime. Decay.

The Shortz & Kerliez Railroad was an electrified short line that began freight services in the early part of the Twentieth Century, linking Port Shortz with the Kerl Iron Works.

The railroad expanded and prospered over several decades as numerous industries established themselves around the port and the iron works. Like many other traction lines in North America, the railroad closed in the late 1960s.

This model Trainz layout represents the Shortz & Kerl in its hay-day. On the layout there are many interactive industries. Many of these industries are interdependent. For example, logs arriving at the Port are sorted at the Dry Sort Yard, which then supplies logs to a timber mill that supplies lumber to a crate manufacturer that, in turn, supplies wooden crates to several industries. The Farmall Tractor Company requires steel from the Kerl works and components from local industries.

In addition, a Class 1 railroad drops off and picks up freight cars in the Transfer Track.

There is also a small locomotive depot and a Mow yard.

Lighting is provided for night time operations.

This route should appeal to those who like driving locomotives in either Cab / Advanced or DCC / Simple mode, those who enjoy switching operations in a relatively confined but realistically portrayed environment, those who like interactive industries and freight cars, those who just want to try a new item of rolling stock and those who enjoy model trains.

Philskene makes amazing Routes, Creativity is off the scale for sure.

Below is one of the Sessions he makes, included with the Route.

On to my Y Tube Pics:
My Mechanical Railroad Crossing Bells

https://youtu.be/k0DcxnZtEh0
BNSF 334 "cabless" engine...Showing off the cabless engine in my consist of BNSF locomotives.

https://youtu.be/8jeO1FvP0Bc
Railroad SLUGS

You've probably seen one before, but what does the railroad use slugs for and how did they get that name?

https://youtu.be/zaJ0f5JbHIg
A Need For Speed In Wisconsin, Trains Go Faster Here!

At first I thought ELS 503 (SD 40) was meeting up to swap loads in Pembine, Wisconsin but soon learned this Escanaba & Lake Superior Railroad freight train was going straight through to Crivitz. I caught it first in Beecher, then once along Highway 141, Amberg and finally Wausaukee in the downtown area.

https://youtu.be/opiyS1KqrOE
Cleveland's Abandoned Railroad Bascule Bridges

Mar 19, 2022 Cleveland's abandoned railroad bascule bridges number 464 and 463 are considered icons by many people. Some people simply call them "bridges 1 and 2" or "jackknife bridges." They can be seen while driving along the shore-way, in advertisements, and, in the flats. They've always piqued my interest when I've been downtown, and I've always wanted to learn more about their history and why they were abandoned. Come join me as I cover these topics.

https://youtu.be/n4yVpVcO1bc
===========================================================================================Anyone Can Make Their Own Railway Points! New super smooth switch for the 15" field railway.

Dec 23, 2021 Here are some new improved points! They're for the narrow gauge railway that I'm building to help make charcoal. There's a whole playlist of other parts of this railway - go and take a look..

https://youtu.be/o1Q8WtKg8v4
The Abandoned Tracks of the Nevada Northern - McGill and Ely
57,795 views Feb 16, 2020 The Nevada Northern was abandoned in 1978 but the 100 plus miles of track were never torn up. In 1986 the shops and a small bit of track became a museum.

But most of the track is still there, unused. We start by heading north to Mc Gill to see what's left there.

Wikipedia:

The Nevada Northern owes its beginnings to the discovery and development of large porphyry copper deposits near Ely early in the 20th century. Two of the region's largest mines (including the Robinson Mine) were purchased in 1902 by Mark Requa, president of the Eureka and Palisade Railroad in central Nevada.

Requa then organized the White Pine Copper Company to develop his new properties, and it soon became evident that rail access to the isolated region would be essential to fully exploit the potential of the mines. Subsequent surveys indicated that the most practical route for such a railroad was northward from Ely, connecting with the Southern Pacific somewhere in the vicinity of Wells.

The Ely-area copper properties were further merged in 1904, forming the Nevada Consolidated Copper Company, and the Nevada Northern Railway was incorporated on June 1, 1905, to build a line connecting the Nevada Consolidated mines and smelter to the national rail network] The task of building the new railroad was contracted to the Utah Construction Company, which began work on September 11, 1905. Construction began at Cobre, where the Nevada Northern connected with the Southern Pacific, and proceeded southward. The line was finished a year later, its completion marked by a two-day celebration in Ely. The railroad's symbolic final spike—made of local copper—was driven by Requa in Ely on September 29, 1906, which was designated as Railroad Day. To celebrate the new railway, a ball was held inside the Northern building, which was still under construction at the time.

Additional Ely-area trackage was constructed in 1907-1908 to serve the local mining industry. This trackage, known as the "Ore Line," included a route bypassing Ely to the north and continuing west up Robinson Canyon to the copper mines at Ruth. East of Ely, the Ore Line project saw the construction of the "Hi-line," a branch leading to Nevada Consolidated's new copper smelter and concentrator at McGill. The Ore Line immediately became the busiest segment of the Nevada Northern by far, hosting dozens of loaded and empty ore trains daily.

As a subsidiary of Nevada Consolidated, the primary purpose of the Nevada Northern throughout its history was the haulage of copper ores and products. Other freight traffic was also carried, and the railroad operated a daily passenger train between East Ely and Cobre until 1941. Local trains were also operated from Ely to Ruth and McGill for the benefit of mine employees and others until the 1930s, and special school trains carried students to White Pine High School in central Ely.

Thanks for stopping by, stay healthy too...Peace and Prayers.

FYI, you can always comment, or post your pictures here if you like.....My house is your house.

https://youtu.be/fbuVs164Q64

Travel Issues /Coastal merge update

Good Thursday All,

Been away on trips to Mexico and Las Vegas this last week and half, got to spend some quality time with family and friends. Practiced Covid guidlines and so far, so good. However after leaving Mexico last weekend, we heard a very unnerving item about Social unrest near the California Mexico Border, that occurred sometime after we left the area. I would just say, always check to see how things are before you travel! I think this caught some travelers off guard.

On another note, we had a close friend fall again and break a Bone, they have some health issues, and have not listened to their Doctor or close family members about what type of items they need to use for walking. This time, it going to need an restorative operation, Phys Therapy, and who knows what else. The other issue is their age, in the 80's.

Blue will admit, I am getting older, I know it, because I fell while camping, tripping over some rocks during a sudden Rain Storm, while trying to cover our Camping Equiptment. I have fairly quick reactions, but it could have been much worse for me.. I really thought about it, I am in my 70's. I too, need to be aware, and not think I am a young adult. It was as they say, wakeup call, it can happen to anyone. Just something to think about when you travel, and our in unfamiliar territory.

We always try to think about what is the most important to us, for me, my Health is number one issue, and I do have issues just like anyone else. Everything else takes second base, since as far as I know, you can't take your money with you when you leave this Earth.

Lastly, I spoke with one my Neighbors when I came back, unrelated issues,,, while speaking to them, on Phone, found out they caught Covid for the second time, they are Vaccinated. But this time, they got over it except they have a nagging after Cough, which the Dr says may last a couple of weeks. And they are not 100% still feel tired. What started this all, they attended Birthday party in a crowded area, and come to find out, someone came to the Party who had Covid, and it caused 4 other people to come down sick.

I hate to say this, but we have a family member that does the same thing,, fortunately it was not Covid, it was Cold and Sinus, but ignorent and disrespectfull putting others at risk. And this person just does not get it. Covid is serious, we lost a some friends already to this horrid disease. We all need to work together and try to get thru this mess.

Over to Trainz:

I took my little Lenovo 12" Laptop with me on my Trips, and it continues to perform like a champ. One thing though, I need to increase my SSD 1 Terabyte to a 2 or 4, as others have mentioned, Trainz occupied a lot more space than it did when I started with Trainz driver2 back on 2014. Graphics and everything else, Drivers etc take Megabytes and Gigs, depending. As noted before, get the largest capacity Drive both for backups and Boot Disks you can. I feel it is an absolute must, also, Drive Capacity per Dollar is quite low now, compared to what it was in 1980 when I purchased 5 meg Drive if I remember correctly?

I have been diligently working on my Coastal Merge Project and it coming along well. Today's Picks are from that 4 way merge and Customize.

Here I wanted to see how the Night Sky looked and changed the color and Cloud patterns around. I needed to see where I wanted Night Lights in this Harbor area too. Sometimes too much light obscures features and degrades your view.

Here I added some more Spurs and Run around tracks. And I am not done yet, I need to fine tune how my Shunting is going to work in Close Quarter areas.......I have 3 n 4 puzzle setups in several of the harbor areas, the trick, is too make sure those switches are lined up, I have derailed 3 times already, not checking close enough and picking the Switch points!

Some Snow flurries.........Winter is coming, well, at least here up in the higher elevations. One of things I turn on in Driver, is Switch Junctions. You can see we are coming into a 3 way switch further up. Visually it helps me out.

Over here, I'm delivering Loads and picking up empties with new Spurs and Crossover setups. Also showing Driver messages, which I turn on/off as needed, too let me know what is going on, also shows errors too.

Looks like I threw some Dirt on my Tracks when I was changing elevation around Buildings and leveling Tracks out...OOPS

A little Snow in the Desert, speaking of which, we had some heavy down powers, and Flash Flooding in Las Vegas area, there were large swatches of standing water both sides of the 15 Freeway this last week.

Moving lots of heavy cargo around for Customers.

I finally got a Mountain look I wanted using both Back Drops and small Elevation changes with Tile areas. Hopefully you can't tell or discern the Backdrop from the Mountains I made to hide the ends of the Back Drop Assets. Still WIP though!

Another view of the Panoramic area as we leave the Harbor area and move loads down hill into the Hot Desert areas.

Believe it or not, I had a single mainline here, and found out, I didn't have enough capacity for all the Cement and Cannery operations I had in the Desert, it ended up I need couple of Sidings and more Spurs to store Coal Trains for Power Plant and other Consists that I was building from Shunting Loads and Empties.

There is much more to do on this Route. Lots of Detail work, and telephone Poles, People figures, and Texture Changes. Like others have mentioned, your never done completely always something you see or want to change, ah, the Fun of Trainz.

I didn't put in Y Tube Today, I have a full schedule, lots of yard work, and we have Construction starting on some much needed repairs for our Old Pool, which over 50 yrs old. Copper Piping lifetime is 50, we have holes developing, so now it goes to PVC.

Have a great day, and pray for all during this Covid.

Thank you for dropping by.

Welcome to post your Pictures here too.

Good Tuesday All,

I have been busy testing another small Cloud Company, ASUS, 1Terabyte I noticed it took a bit to copy my Trainz Folders, but I think the true issues is the fact that there are many small files. I have about 26K worth. Once I get a full backup of 640K assets I'll be in good shape. Because I also use Carbonite 2 Terabytes and One Drive (MSFT) 15 Gigs, I'm in the process of seeing which ones are to my best advantage. These will not be mirrored drive Copies, and Docs and Trainz Assets, Rt's etc. Just what I really need. Because, and some folks forget this, when you rebuild your drive, especially if Ransomware or Virus, you want the latest Programs that you can afford. That should include all the Patches too. Your Software needs to be strong and free of vulnerabilities. We all know Software is not 100% never will be, there is always going to be a Bug or Security issue, that is real life. But one can do there best offensively to cut down the possibility of Hacks and Trojans. Just my humble thoughts!

Today's pictures from Coastal Rte.

One of things I do with Routes I am changing, merging Etc, is write notations, Tile Count, Elevation, Track Type, and other pertinent details. Allows me quickly make easy choices without opening the Routes to re look at them..

This Route has about 5 merges.

This what the area looks like now, with lots of signalling for all the different Industrial Tracks. Lots of very high mountains with good back drops to match.

This is the Mountain look, I have been yearning for a long time. Not perfect, but I think a very good start......

All lined up to go, with a nice Cool background.

On the Right side of Mtn. Range, I need to blend in a Grid Mtn with close to similiar Colored Texture, so we don't see a chopped effect.

These track junctions will be upgraded to 2-3 more Tracks for Car Storage and easier. (our work is never done)

New section here between Harbor area and heavy Industrial Cement and Canning Companies.

Moving some heavy Construction items into the Harbor for transport by Ship.

I remembered I had some Transfer Cabooses, so I put one of them to work in this heavy industrial area. We'll put it to use for small MOW repairs, where clearances are very tight.

Blues Y Tube Pics of the week!
=======================================================================================
For our Garden RR's this has to be the best I ever seen!

e-weeding train

https://youtube.com/shorts/1v28COLbyXY?feature=share

=====================================================================================
Great Bush Railway

https://youtu.be/6IDejwys3l4

Filmed at the Great Bush Railway during a NGRS visit on Saturday 25th June 2022
Reading 2100 Steam Locomotive Restoration

https://youtu.be/adSgx5cryG8

Premiered Mar 13, 2022 How do you restore a large mainline steam locomotive in the 21st Century? Reading Company T-1 locomotive no. 2100 is being brought back to life, and we spoke with board members and volunteers of the American Steam Railroad to get a closer look.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This Train Derailed And This Is How They Fixed It!

https://youtu.be/fvwrbtsZnAQ

This Norfolk Southern Train derailed the other day in a most unusual way Like You Have Never Seen Before! To see that video of the derailment click here: https://youtu.be/4-peCgLGh7g
This video shows hot the track car crews repaired this train cars wheels and axles, got them assembled back together on its truck and got it mounted on the car. Its a very interesting way they go about doing that! Let me know what you think by leaving a comment, give the video a thumbs up and subscribe to this channel! Thanks! All in this action packed train video filmed in and around Dun Kirk NY on March 3rd 2022!
Thank you for documenting how the Hulcher Services crew lifted up the auto rack and got the mangled truck out from under the auto rack and started to put it back together. I was hoping that you would have been able to get a better view of how they actually put the truck back together. That thing that fell down the railroad embankment when they were moving the mangled truck was one of the springs from the wheel set. I would have like to have seen how they put the springs back in place. When you uploaded the original video of this derailment, I was thinking that the repair crew would bring a whole new truck and take the mangled truck back to the Norfolk Southern's Bison Yard where it would be rebuilt and reused. When you showed us that wheel set sitting on the track in front of the derailed auto rack I realized that they were going to rebuild the truck on the spot. When you showed us the tractor and semi-trailer hung up on the rock pile at the Werle Road crossing, I thought that you were going to show us how the driver got the trailer off the rock pile. That would have been interesting to see how the driver got himself out of that predicament. Thank you for spending over 10 hours to document what happened after the coupler pocket broke on the tank car that was in front of the derailed auto rack on Norfolk Southern train #310 on 3 March 2022. You showed us all of the street crossings that were blocked by the train and other things in the first video. Then you stayed and made this video. I found both videos very interesting. I think this is the first series of in-depth videos showing the aftermath of a derailment and the how the disabled car was put back together. Do you have any idea which eastbound train picked up the cars that were behind these two cars that were pulled back west to a siding near Walker Road in Portland, New York (Posted 8 March 2022)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shortline Madness in Central Pennsylvania

https://youtu.be/4H10g_dmaUI

pr 12, 2019 On March 11th, I trekked out to central Pennsylvania to catch as many shorelines as I could, and I was successful. I started out catching ESPN in York going OD with their GP9. Unfortunately I only got them leaving where the engine normally sits. I then went out to Columbia Pa and got the Columbia and Reading Railway Railway and caught them with their old C&O ALCo S2. After that, I caught the Middletown and Hummelstown running with their Western Maryland ALCo S6 doing freight operations. I first got them street running through the town of Middletown and then returning from one of the industries that they serve. The last railroad I caught was the Steelton and Highshire Railroad, which serves the steel plants in the Steelton and Highshire area.
The Grafton and Upton Railroad

https://youtu.be/zmuNc7xQrwg

Feb 24, 2021 At the time of this video, the G&U rostered some freshly-painted first generation power. We watched them at work on an autumn day awhile back. Sadly, the Geeps have been sidelined, replaced with a pair of boring switchers, still in their previous owner's paint scheme.

And that's a Rap for today, much to do this week. Take care, be Safe, stay Healthy.

Back