Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778
Results 1,156 to 1,164 of 1164

Thread: Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Lightbulb Fairview - E-W merge work in progress

Happy Labor day to all,

Wow was that a fast weekend for us, been running around doing the honey do's and other Fix it jobs, now it's time to play with some Trainz. Because it is to hot outside to work....Besides it is a holiday.

Been busy late at night working on Fairview E/W Route section merged to Wilson's Mills & Mount Olive main Route.

I got the Passenger Station where I want it now, needed lots of line adjustments and approach to Station changes with Tracks etc. Part of the issues stemmed from how I had changed some tracks in the Main Rail Yard and other parts were due to a Track I had put into an old Industrial Center, which upset the approach clearance for Passenger Trains in/out of the Station.

Needed to cut out some crossovers and due some redesigns for the Track Directions, too get it where Trains would flow into the station unimpeded by other Trains working the Crossover line into the old industrial area.....And I added an inside Stub track to have more shunting room to keep the consist clear of nearby Passenger Station Approaches. I sure this is very convoluted until I show the pictures later on and then it will make more sense.

Pretty much took the weekend to work it all out. And I needed to run a lot of Trains thru the yards and Industrial areas to see what was working and what didn't. It's one thing to look at Track Plans, it becomes totally another when you actually run the trains, then you see the bottle necks you've created.

Over in the Wilson Branch, we pass by another Chemical Train here on our way out to Fairview.

We are in the Industrial leads here, picking up the last of our Consist headed for Fairview Branch. We used a local Yard Switcher and Road Engine here for power, since we are taking just a few cars today. Later on, the Consists will be much more heavier and longer, since we have many industries to serve on the different branch lines.

Got our on Consist, loaded, Fueled, and ready to head down Wilson Mainline and make several crossovers to line us up with Fairview Branch, one of the reasons for all the switch, we junctions ahead, with Double main lines connecting Fairview, in the crossover area, lots of Passenger Trains come and go on both sides. So we have to thread the needle so to speak, not holding or delaying those Passenger Trains, else we pay a penalty fee to Amtrak. Plus the Ridership depends/wants on-time Scheduling to Work and Vacation connection points, where as us, a lowly Freight have what is called Dwell Time, and Priority Deliveries depending on what we are carrying, so this little Teeter Totter of Time Handling is delicate balance.

Both types of Trains are important to the Rail Road in terms of Money and Customer Care. IF you lose business, you lose Crews an you lose money allocated to MOW projects, a real killer when you think what could happen if MOW is deferred to long. All very important things to consider when running a Railroad.

Remember too, lots of Railroads went bankrupt over the centuries for one reason or another, but mismanagement was a big reason, economy another, greed another, you get the picture, so it is team work, not individualism that gets the job done. Of course I am broad stroking the causes here, it's complicated and many things can cause the Bankruptcy, but you get the picture I am painting.

We head out from the center of Wilson Branch Lines towards Fairview Branch, which also reminds me, I need to put signs for Branch Division Points so I know where I am. I have for Merges going on here. We need to get our Switches and Route directions setup by local dispatch, so we don't interfere with Passenger Trains who have priority over us.

So we start our test consist coming out of Wilson Mills & Mount Olive / Fairview E/W merge point. A lot of this area I did copy and paste of different types of trees. It went fast, the only mistake I made is having trees smack dab in the middle of the Tracks in some spots, LOL, so I need to go back and delete those guys or move them clear of the lines.....

As we continue in the Fairview City area, a distant shot here, you can see the Row of Sky Scrapers I added. You'll see them a lot better in other Shots, because our Tiles our not too wide, I just ran one row of Sky Scrapers and I think it works very well, not over dominating other items in the City Scape. As you can see, I have lots of Grass, and Shrub to get planted, but my main vision is to get the Tracks, Signals, and Buildings where I want them staged first. Then more details later.

We take our our last curve here as we get ready to drive into the City of Fairview.

Now we come into what I believe is the East end of Fairview City here, I have to learn, well, establish the proper Tracks to take, since I have changed a lot of things in this area. On the left, we have lots of Silos Co Ops to service.

I forgot to mention, one of the issues you face here is one of the Bridges used had Piers that got in the way several of Rail Yard Trackage, a real pain if you will. Problem is of course, I like the Bridge, so I had to work around with one of the Tracks, because the Piers are fixed to the Bridge, so when you stretch or put expansion Splines it just ends up crossing over other parts of the yard, so you end up with fixing one Track to go around the pier and leave the others well enough alone....Now the other Traffic Bridge is not problem....Another thing, I can use one of those long expansion bridges as this area is to small for them.....So we make do, and get it working.

As we enter the yard, there is a lone Amtrak Engine awaiting orders, which leads me to another thought, I need Engine Yard and/or Round House. So will need to scope out the area to see where a good fit will be?

I bid you all a great day/evening etc, see you in few days, to show more of the changes.

And thanks for dropping by. If there is a question, please, don't hesitate to ask.

Thumbs up Dorian Hurricane, Cal Boat Fire Disaster and problem with Branch Elevation issues Etc

Good Friday Morning on this hot and muggy So California day,

Some local power outages and a few Fires to fight, but I think we are doing OK for the moment.

Back on East Coast, very lucky with this last Hurricane Storm, all the way from Cat 5 to C 1

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Dorian&ia=news

https://www.times-news.com/news/a-we...6bc358c53.html

Unfortunately the Bahama's are in terrible shape a prayer and hope for better days ahead.
    ================================================== =======================================

On to Trainz, I have been working busily on the Fairview W/E extension, redoing several Tracks, changing switches out, lining up particular Signals, Searchlight etc do get what I want on Aspects Displays, I know there are several newer Sets of Lights with some realy good aspects, but for now, I plan on staying with the traditional ones, till I get to where on want on this multi Merge operation Etc.

Here is the latest map of the Fairview Merge. If you look on the lower right side, you see the settling Water Ponds where the new Potash Plant is added, and just below and to the left those Ponds, I added a commercial Natural Gas Plant with it's own Team Tracks off of the Potash main lead Tracks.

Also made a small branch line off the outskirts of Downtown, about a mile or so out, it serves 2 Farm Silos, Grainery Store and 2 Rustic Mining operations for now. With a nice small Lake as crossing entrance, you'll see better pictures of it later on, I think it finally came out really well, once I got the elevation problems solved, I had made a critical, unknown at the time, because it wasn't apparent to me? When I put in the Rail Bridge across the lake, access point, the Bridge underpinnings are old wood Trestle, which is the style I wanted for the farming area, so I changed the elevation several times, and got it wrong, throwing off all the upper trackage to mines with 2.70% Grades in some spots, what I found is my main approach track, needed to be set almost level with the mainline intersect.

Once I found that out, all the rest of Elevation calmed down to .50% into 1% max elevation at the mining end, as that is in the higher hill area at the edge of the Route.......Fortunately it took me 1/2 the time to correct from initial toying around with Track elevation, and now it works perfectly.

Now in this Map, Left Lime color:Small Mining and Farming Silo Etc Branch line
    Deep small Yellow: is new 115 foot Roundhouse for all my Loco Power
    Red Thin Line next to Yellow: Return Loop track coming from downtown City area.
    Large light yellow: around 3 Water Settling Ponds is Potash Plant area.
    Aqua Square Line: is main Rail Sort Yard, Passenger Station, Downtown area etc.

In this Map, a different view of Downtown Tracks and all the Spur connections.

Amtrak daily is headed for downtown Passenger Station here along outside edge of the main Yards. And you can see all my Skyscrapers I put in. I didn't put in a lot, because we are about 4-5 tiles wide in this area, I didn't want it to look too crowded here.

2 tracks on our left goto to huge Farm Silo Operation behind us.

As we approach our Station stop, we pass by numerous Flower and Vegetable Hot Houses, first I have seen this in use.......That bridge in the back was a real pain in trying to align my Tracks...I like the bridge but the set under pinning do not work will in this small area. But I was able to get the Tracks aligned with a couple of them bending around 2 of Underpin supports.

Ncie view here showing more of the City Scape Buildings etc. and you can see the area is not too wide, so I think my large Row of Scrapers works out ok.....

These Bridges needed to be raised bit higher from what you see here. When you run trains under the Bridge it becomes more apparent how low this Bridge level is. Looking past the Bridge you can see the Double Track Station Stop with head end of Daily Local Amtrak. Speaking of which, I found out, I don't have a lot of Amtrak Trains made up, I and really don't know how much of what Version, like 1-5 I really have. So another thing in the bucket list is to make blank Tile with lots of long Tracks, and throw all my Amtrak stuff on it to sort it out and make some Trains up, else make a large Amtrak Rail Facility to have all the equipment in it? Hmm? will see......

Looking across the Rail Yard since I don't have any Freights barring the view here, there is good shot of our Train in my redesigned Passenger Station. It works quite well with double Tracks. On North end, the Tracks merge into single mainline. On the South, they don't merge at all,, they go and go into the loop Track Circle.

Now here is Passenger Station lot, I have put in more Lighting, it was there to start, but I had to rip it all out, because I didn't like the pre down Parking lot Asset, it wasn't made right, maybe someday, I will fool with it and try to fix it, the lines are all out of alignment....It looks really strange to me, so I don't know what happened, I should go check and see if there is newer version.?

Our Amtrak has the morning Customers now, and we are headed out to other areas with workers for Potash and Electrical Plant short Stops, I need some small simple Stations out in those areas too....I have to find the best place on the Loop to set them up.......It is a lovely morning out here now as the Sun is rising in the East.

Looks like this is it for today, have a lot more to share with all. Have a blessed day, and pray for those in the Storm Disaster areas. As well our local Boat Disaster, which is a heart wrenching thing......This investigation is probably going have some major changes on Boating Safety in many different aspects.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ers-passengers

Have a good weekend and keep hydrated out there.

United States of America, Central Wisconsin
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueodessey View Post
    ================================================== ================================================== ====

And to my friend "hiawathamr"

Quotes "I was just playing with the sunset settings and though it looks like a good picture for a possible screenshot showcase sometime

I see you added another Trainz project to your list

Decided to share some of my screenies of another side project I made ..."Quotes

Thanks for dropping by with the Pictures, they look really good.....Sunsets....How can you beat that....Yes on another Project, I can't help myself, I am always tripping over something that comes to mind, I have I think about 4 little Merges going on with this Wilson Mills Route, and so when I look around after making a test run through the area, I see things I want to change or add, and Potash has been on my mind for quite some time, I just never had a spot to add it, so I thought, why not on one of the merges I did, put it at the end, add a bunch of Tiles, and throw it together in the way I see it, maybe it works, maybe it doesn't but I'll give it a whirl and see.....Now after visiting Morro Bay and seeing the Rock, I have an idea about doing something on one of my Lake scenes, with a small Mining operation, with Jetty of sorts that takes you from the Coast out across the Bay to a large Rock Outcropping, just an idea, and it might not look or work right, but will see. I have to finish with Potash, and this Passenger Station I changed up for now, but this is in my bucket List for later......IF I don't forget it and get caught up with something else, I feel like the mad scientist, too many things come to mind and I forget where I am....LOL. or is it OCD.....But Trainz is lots of fun and homeopathic for me, when my Arthritis acts up......
    Thank you for the kind words Blue
    lol,I remember doing that when I was younger with UTC, TRS2006, and TS2010 with all of the mini projects, but mostly edit the heck out of the Razorback Classic route. TS2010 I been editing the heck out of the Regional Passenger Transit route. I mostly made it into a Christmas themed route since its a winter route, and of course, why not?
    They're both awesome routes, and I highly recommend checking these two routes out, as they're great, even though they're from TRS2004/06 days.

As for the recent hurricane, I'm very glad the people out on the east got an easy storm this time. Went from Cat 5 down to Cat 1 - very lucky this time, and hopefully for the future. I wish I could say the same for the Bahama's, but sadly they got the worse part of the storm

Anyway, love your content as always, take care.

Cheers

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

Lightbulb

Good Monday Morning all,

Well tenacity, headaches, deletions, and just plain hard work on the Fairview E/W WIP project is starting to pay off. I addded another Track on the Grainery Branch Line. Then I tried to put in some crossover connect points, the extra line did work, uh the crossover, well? Lets say it just didn't look right. So I made some precise x outs of the Tracks, and reformed them again, this time it flowed and after running some quick drives, it appears things will now work as I intedended them too.

When you make Routes, Branch lines whatever, and this is my opinion only, there needs to be a purpose, a working symetry, and it needs to flow, by that, sometimes it is too easy to over complicate things? The question then becomes why do I need to do all this switching etc to get to a particular place. Now there are times when it very cool to make something difficult and challenging to embrace and make you better at Shunting, running a Railroad, and add some mystery to the Route.

It really is a balance of ideas, and I'm sure after playing around with your Route, you end up going back, making large and small changes to the betterment of your operating experience. You have only to appreciate and view some of astouding Routes created by our Route Builders to help you out when you get in that creative mood!

We continue today with Fairview and our Passenger Station, which is still going with renovation, lighting etc. Our Amtrak is in the Station and picking up the morning commuters. It took me a while to realign overcovers (Sun Shields) for train width. Our train will head out shortly for the Country Loop line.

After we pickup our Passengers the others here await their Northtbound Train. One should be here in 15-20 mins as all Freights are parked on adjoining Tracks, local Shunting will start in 1/2 hour in the Old Industrial Section of Town.

And here is our North Bounder leaving the Station on the right is load of Grain cars headed to the Grainery Branch.

We head out into the morning light here, just ahead is our power Plant and Water Reclamation operation (aka Sewage Plant), one makes our city power, the other cleans our soiled water........Behind a nice high Brick Wall

Some nice trees to make it look less industrial will be added later on.

Out of the City now, this is an area I need to do some planting of Scrubs and trees I may have a few areas of Desert Theme, not sure, will see how that works out.

Another thought on multitude of Signals, once I am satisfied everything works, I plan on going to Approach Lit, reason, too much of Christmas Tree lighting here due to the multitude of tracks in small areas here and there. (update after I wrote this note last night, I went thru and did a lot of Tree and Schrub planting while adjusting Texture Colors with more Green in the area than Desert Colors. One problem I have is several of my trees are Translucent, see thru like, I need to see if it is fixable or I just plain need to replace them.

We have nice view of the Downtown area far, far away, as we roll into the morning Sun......This whole area will have sparse planting of Trees. Not to many, so I don't impede the Graphics card workload. I know when I put in a lot of Rail Cars for industries it will affect the Graphics card, it surely is a cat and mouse game for sure, LOL.

Now we are completely out of downtown, coming into rolling hills, where first Sun is creeping up. Lots of area to plant. (couple of days later I planted and changed some of Color Textures)

Passing near some hills as we head around to the left and behind them. We travel a single mainline on this Route for now, but soon, will come to some junction points. Travel time is good here, our Green lights are stacked 40MPH for now, but I hope to have a few higher speed areas......Will need a couple of Short stops out with small town Shelter Platform type stations. One is needed for the Potash Plant workers.

Out around the other side of the hills, we pass thru a small River area here...

This very early morning coming thru the very quite Downtown area, I like the night mode these buildings have.

That'll be good for today.......Please enjoy your week ahead..........

Hi Blue, old friend.
    As always, I am happy to read you and learn from that capacity of yours with the routes.

I like autumn, its colors and that indefinite nostalgia; adequate time for the railroad.

It is autumn on the Blue Silver Route, tomorrow I explain a little what is done and what I thought about it.

Cheers

Javier

Thumbs up Javier your Automn display of Color looks so inviting.

Quote Originally Posted by fant_autentico View Post
    Hi Blue, old friend.
    As always, I am happy to read you and learn from that capacity of yours with the routes.

I like autumn, its colors and that indefinite nostalgia; adequate time for the railroad.

It is autumn on the Blue Silver Route, tomorrow I explain a little what is done and what I thought about it.

Cheers

Javier
    Hello Javier,

Your Pictures are so stunning my friend! The work you have done looks so inventing, maybe I get a plane ticket and fly over to where this Route is located.........I send you a CUP of Virtual WINE to drink.

Currently one of my issues, with some of the Routes is having transparent or translucent look, I'm not sure what word here is the better description of the problem???

But I hope I can swap them out, or maybe fix them so they are not see thru, and they are really nice looking trees other than that issue, and it is not not all just a batch of them.......

OH and the last few days have been significantly cooler for now, but they say will be north of 100 Degrees by the weekend, so I am out working a another Water leak issue, have the plumber coming out in the morning to see if we can track this slow leak down....Fortunately it is outside, so it's not an inside plumbing issue......LOL

Our Autumn weather is trying to come in, but I don't hold my breath as Summer has a bad habit of hanging in late some years, almost into December sometimes........Will see how 2019 ends up for us....

Thank you for Sharing with us.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hiawathamr View Post
    Thank you for the kind words Blue
    lol,I remember doing that when I was younger with UTC, TRS2006, and TS2010 with all of the mini projects, but mostly edit the heck out of the Razorback Classic route. TS2010 I been editing the heck out of the Regional Passenger Transit route. I mostly made it into a Christmas themed route since its a winter route, and of course, why not?
    They're both awesome routes, and I highly recommend checking these two routes out, as they're great, even though they're from TRS2004/06 days.

As for the recent hurricane, I'm very glad the people out on the east got an easy storm this time. Went from Cat 5 down to Cat 1 - very lucky this time, and hopefully for the future. I wish I could say the same for the Bahama's, but sadly they got the worse part of the storm

Anyway, love your content as always, take care.

Cheers
    @Hiawathamr

My apologies here, I had just got home from watching the Grand kids for a week, and just posted and ran real quick, I meant to respond to your post........

Thanks for Route you discussed, I will check them out when I get a chance............

Lightbulb Early morninng Amtrak Run on the Fairview to Fairmount and Kelly Shortline via Wilson

Good Thursday all,

Had been working on sprinklers up in front yard, and had a problem with gravity and water coming back out of Anti Siphon Valves I thought, from when the Sprinklers came on,,Come to find out, it was actually a small pin hole leak in the water pipe underground, which developed into a Crack, probably from earthquakes, so it finally cracked enough enough over time that was really leaking.

I had area drains that are nearby for flooding when we get too much rain. So it fooled me. Fortunately I know a good Plumber who has Video inspection for Pipes, sewers, sprinklers what ever. We after 1.5 hrs finally found exactly where the leak was coming from. Dug up the area, you would have never known it was there because it was draining into a pipe a foot away......

Now I can fix it, and back fill up 4 areas where I had been digging too see where this mysterious water leak came from.....I'm sure one of you has gone thru this type thing in the past, oh and I forgot to mention, but the pipe goes under Concrete in several places to, which makes it even harder.....LOL

Alright, so I have been working on Fairview E/W making more industrial centers, and changing the Industrial leads up a bit to allow for better loading of Rail Cars, along with more precise Signal aspects etc. You'll see those pictures later in this month.

Today we show some early morning shots coming thru the city in Fog conditions.
    Just enough Fog you need to drive the Train a little slower here, else we run into the back of another slow moving Freight or stopped ahead one in this busy Downtown Yard area.

The crews know all to well about these sometimes Fatal collisions in the Fog, so lots of Coffee, good communication between Crews and dispatchers and we should be able to prevent Train vs Train issues....Crew Safety, and Safe operating practices especially in these Foggy situations.

We have been stopped for a minute here while Dispatch clears up some Red Lights ahead, probably and earlier inbound Freight that came into our regional sort yard here?

Clearing downtown, you can see a couple of our Night mode Skyscrapers here.

Ok, we are on the move now in the back country headed to Fairmount and Kelly Shortline MP Route, Via Wilson Mills interchange Junction a few miles ahead with Passenger Stop to change Trains for N/S area Route coverage on Wilson Mills Route.

Due to heavy recent Rains in the spring, we have lots of overgrowth and MOW is scheduled to trim out the area for better visions here in the Country area....(Truth be told, I had to realign the Tracks along here, and didn't go back and recheck my Foliage clearances) OOPS......LOL

Coming into Wilson Interchange area now, double Track mains, still some Fog conditions here and there as morning light prevails. Fortunately Vehicle Traffic is stopping for Crossing Signals too.

We just passed the Double Main Diamonds now, and are stopped at the Passenger Station which is double triangle set on one corner of the Diamonds, it spans all Tracks, so Customers merely walk back and due a sharp left turn to pickup their Wilson's Mills & Mount Olive Route to continue up or down the state. It works real well here there are trains every 2 hours or less for Morning and Evening Commuters, less at off peak times of course.

You can see connection Tracks curving around on Left and Right Sides here too for other Rail Traffic. It took a few well placed signals to get the aspects right, and later I will drop in Diamond Controllers for more realistic control of the Double main Diamond Traffic.

We head out around a curve now on the other side of the Double Diamonds and pick up another Street Crossing. Speed is a bit slow here, but will much better speed later on other Route.

I really like the colors of the Trees here, beautiful Fall colors coming in now.....Our train is way down the tracks here, picking up speed as we head into Fairview E/W Route area.

Got love some of these many Bill Boards on the Route placed by MSGSapper, I need to get bill boards in on the other Routes too, that' be a little tedious, but fairly easy........

Looks like we picked up a Red for minute, Dispatcher tells us we have 3 mins safety delay, trains have cleared ahead, we awaiting Switch movement to clear our signal. This early in the morning, most of our passengers curled up and are taking their naps now on the long train ride. Our Crews know how to handle their stops an starts and not jolt the train.

Well that'll do for now, I need to get outside an get on with the Sprinkler and broken main water line repairs, always something needs fixing in the house....Ours is over 50 years old, just like a old Car, they break down sometimes.

Have a great day all......See you in a few days......

Lightbulb Bahama's recovery /Fairview Pics/Horace Fithers Bocars

A blessed Sunday to all,

Well, today and yesterday was over 100 degrees and at the moment as I type this it is 91 degrees, and the Sun has set over and hour ago.....EEK it is hot, can't wait for the Fall weather to show up, none too soon. Unfortunately for us we have some Forest and City fires going on, but our beloved First respondents are doing a terrific job.......

There is some potential bad news for the Bahamas and possible East Coast, another Hurricane is powering up so will see how it goes. Please says some prayers for the Islands, it is in really bad shape. (I just saw Humberto didn't hit the Island but steered away from Island, though they got Rain from him they didn't need!)

https://www.google.com/search?client...rricane+dorian

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-49694397

Today's pictures show more of what I have been up too.

Passing thru the Power Plant in the area, I just added Fence line to it, there are lots of other details I need to add over time. Since I still redoing and building other Industries along the line.

Over by the Potash area, I added a lake and a Bridge to span it.......Since this picture, I have added a lot of Trees to the area, which I show in later pictures.

"horacefithers" made some really nice old looking Boxcars for his Route, this is a picture of what they look like. If your not familiar with his name, please check out the Route he is making, it is awesome!

Here is a link to this Route Builders Site please check it out:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?151240-Bear-Creek-amp-South-Jackson-progress-reports-Building-a-Mountain-Railroad-(1080p)&highlight=Bear+Branch

<kuid:884720:9100001> hf_bcsj Custom 40' Boxcar - #1
    <kuid:884720:900000> hf_bcsj Custom 40' Boxcar Lib

Over view of the Passenger Station with better designed Parking Lots, I got the tracks laid out the way I want with one track crossing over for connection points to the Old Industrial Center, I still need to finish out the lighting for the Train Station.

So I was thinking here, I need a place to stash my engines and do service etc. So why not put in a small Round House, in this area? So I did, added 115 foot Round House and it will work nicely.

Another aerial view here show how the Tracks are laid out for the new Round House with some small engine house facilities etc. Ii used both small and large Engine Stalls for the different Locomotives I have. Seems I have 10-12 Bays which should handle the Traffic here, on the other end of this layout I made a Fuel yard with some Storage for Locomotives there. Between the two locations at the opposing ends of the Route. Will see how it works. Don't know till you try it. What I am doing now, is running lots of Freight simulations to see how Signals, and Track segments work. One thing I ended up doing was changing out Industrial area to a different angle of Service direction with the Tracks last night, because a bunch of Diamonds in a small area was not going to work out well, with cross traffic. I will show you pictures of that later on to explain better on how it works now, from original design specs.

Recall I spoke about a Short Granary Branch I created with some Mining opportunities at the end of the Branch. Here is the start of the rails on curve headed uphill. One of the ways I start my Grades on Level areas, is to preset the Tracks to the grade I want, I do not raise the Terrain, because there is usually several small adjustments to get it right, a few times I get in the first try, but not usually. So here I have set the grade @ 1.5% to max of 2% depending on where these tracks will lead. From this point on they will encounter small hills where I need to adjust the Rate of Climb with Terrain change. So that is why you see this Track hanging in the air for now. I use to do the old way, and raise the land first and then add the Rail now I do it this way, for me it works really way, your mileage of course may vary?

Moving on, here is the next part of the Grainery Branch this is first of 2 Silo operations there is also a local Grain Store here as well. So will have Farm Machinery to bring in on occasion as well. In the back right of the picture here, is one of the hills we transverse on the way up the Grade to Mining and Second Silo Operations. Track is set for max 2% grade, hoping to bring it down to 1%-1.5% grade once I get the rest of the Track in.

Over here, on Grainery Branch line once I got the upper Grades in tolerance, I found that this area was to low, and needed to re adjust the approach track here, fix the % and now the line is on par for 1% to 1.5%.

A view of the countryside as we head out of town. There are some really nice areas out along the Tracks here.

Looks like today might be a bit Cooler. Thanks for dropping Folks, and have a good week ahead..........
    Last edited by blueodessey; September 15th, 2019 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Complete Msg Title