Page 82 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1266

Thread: Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Hi Blue, these are very good screenshot and the route has some great details (...as pig pen.....). If I can suggest a detail making it more realistic, on the second shot of this post, the track is layed directly onto the field without gap from each side of it (no ballast) and this is eye catching...but I'm figuring out this is still a WIP so you might already have planned to do it. I mean, every route we do are always WIP even when we feel it is completed LOL.
    Regards,
    Rail4Pete
    Last edited by Rail4Pete; November 23rd, 2019 at 06:38 AM.

United States of America, Wisconsin, Wisc Rapids
    Blog Entries

Awesome content Blue!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family (and for everyone else here - if you celebrate it)!
    ===========
    Some screenshots from my Shortline RR DLC - updated to TRS19 standards:

Cheers

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Hiawathamr.
    Looks very nice - those are great shots highlighting the route. I'm hoping someday that N3V will let my TANE version be upgraded to TRS19.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Heinrich505

Blog Entries

Cheers Heinrich505!
    If you are referring to the Shortline RR (the TRS19 version), I had just sent that in today, so it might be a while yet.
    As for your TANE to TRS19, it looks like you already have TRS19 according to your timline

Cheers

NARM's site^

Ahh, silly me. Yes, I have Short Line in TRS19. What threw me off was in TANE, when I checked for out of date items, the Short Line showed up there, but wouldn't update. Of course it wouldn't, since it was still TANE.

But, you say that there is an update for the TRS19 version that you submitted? Cool. I'll watch for that. Your screen shots are very good - they show off the route nicely.

Heinrich505

Blog Entries

Ah that way lol. Yeah there is an update that is suppose to fix issues in session 5, but N3V is taking their ultra sweet time.....
    I'm hoping the TRS19 version will not be in queue no more than 5 years, but I guess we'll see...

Cheers

NARM's site^

Blog Entries

And here are some pics from Midwestern Branch updated to TRS19 standards - this route as well has been sent in to N3V's queue:

Cheers

NARM's site^

Lightbulb

Hello all,

Just got home from a very Rainy and wet Thanksgiving up north with Family. Was an interesting trip for sure.

@ Rail4Pete I will post a little later here what was going on with the 2nd Bridge that laid over the land funny like..........

Tomorrow I have to arise early and deal with Roof leak on my house, from some broken Concrete Tiles......

Thank you all for nice comments and the great looking pictures.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend...........

Update Nov 30th, Sat evening:Rail4 Pete,

Thanks for your commentary,

So with that particular picture with 2 Lift Bridges, that was just a throw down of sorts, My apologies,

What I was trying to do, was too put the 2nd bridge nearby just for display, to show what it looked like in a proper lift position, because I was so busy changing tracks around in the mini yards and industries close by, that I ignored the fact that my crossover lift bridge was a static, non working model. And when I did come to the realization there was a second asset that allowed Raise/Lower animation, I wasn't sure which one I would use. For the reason, that with the Animated one, you have to use what track comes with it, or I need to try and modify the Track, as well, you can't use the

<kuid2:69937:100079:1> BTC rusty checkrails either, as they are static, again, they would be added to the Asset, and I not sure I could do it, as I do not build Assets, above my pay grade.

So after careful thought, I decided the Track used on the Route, and <kuid2:69937:100079:1> BTC rusty checkrails, would be left out, in lieu of having the Lift Bridge Animated. So that is the plan for now.

Next time you see the picture, it will only have one bridge in the proper spot.....Sorry about the confusion.
    Last edited by blueodessey; December 1st, 2019 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Add info for Rail4 Pete Query about 2nd Bridge in pictures

Lightbulb

Good Tuesday Evening,

Well gang, I have been up on the Roof since 10:00AM, it is now 6:30PM and the Rain is starting to come in. So why was I on my roof, well, it's that little thing a big yellow spot on the Entry Hall Ceiling, meant I had sprung a leak. Further investigation, revealed the Valley Channel in my Roof was clogged so bad from Dirt and tree leaves, it flooded sideways getting under the Tar Paper underlayment. And you all know what that means, a nasty tear down, and repaper and retile of the affected area. In my case an area of 15x15 Foot area.

There where several areas where the Tar paper had failed due to moisture and water buildup, in fact I found some sitting water in a couple of areas, very sobering to see water that is caught in parts of the roof.

If you can belief this, I removed about 2 Gallons of muddy silt and leafs of the Channel area, once that was done, I removed all the old affected Tar Paper, cleaned the Channel, new tar underlayment, and got a couple of strips of Tar paper patched in, then it got dark, and I got tired. Time to quit and get this, it started sprinkling. The man above was holding the Storm for me. I am so blessed in any ways.

Now you might ask why not call a Roofer and let him deal with it, well, I am pretty good repair on a lots of different things, and I felt I could handle this Detail just take a bit longer and careful measurements etc, it can be done. That's if your not afraid of climbing a 15-27 foot high roof.

Now lets switch over to trains, Been busy fixing my Translucent Assets that don't show up well in Trainz. I started tonight with simple Dwarf lights, opening up each Texture.txt file, and adding the TAG "AlphaHint=masked" to the file, save.

Usually about 3-5 Textures in this particular Asset. And here is a picture to show how it worked, look at Translucent on Right, on left is one I fixed the Texture.txt by adding that statement. Now for the ones that show Built-in, I can edit those. They won't let me.

Now you can also try a REVERT TO ORIGINAL 1'st to see if it works, without editing all the Texture.txt files, either way, it should fix some of the ones that do not look right.

Tonight will see parts of Snyder Route added to Wilson Mills Route. Here is a small Map that shows this Route merged. The idea was to add on some small Module Route pieces to the Wilson Route, allowing some different Shunting opertunities as well as different Country Sights, less City, sometimes more Rural, and then some High Desert areas. All of these areas lay just a few miles of Wilson Mills.

This area is more Rural High desert, at this point, I hadn't added any Trees, just a simple 2-3 Texture color varients. I fooled around with the Tracks a little to get what I wanted for Rail Yard and Industrail Shunt possiblies.

Made some Changes, added some additional Industries and a End of Route Circular Turn around, to the upper left, allows 2 mile or more Circle Track which is perfect for our Turnarounds with Scheduled Amtrak Daily Trains that come thru here 4 times a day.

A view from the high mountain area of our Turnaround. On the left is uncompleted Power Plant facility, I need to string some Power lines out the different areas of the Route. On the Right is large distribution Plant in Baby Blue.

A large Rake of Boxcars brought in for Shippers. Looks like it will be a very busy Shunting Day.

This side of the tracks is yet to be developed, what I did here was Raise the Terrain edges so you can't other parts of the Route across the way,,with empty, no Tiles between. I like to make sure you see Territory everywhere as is practical. In other words, I try my best to trick your eyes and perception of what the other side might look like by changing nearby elevation since we are just one tile wide here.

A lone CSX Switcher gets ready to start moving a heck of lot of Boxcars in the next few hours before our scheduled Amtrak comes in. This line needs to be clear or will be paying Amtrak Penalty fees, and get a head beating from the Corridor Mgr. So I think we had better hop to it so to speak.

We are headed into into parallel line, run around and grab some cars and start getting a big job ahead handled.

In behind this Engine is a small Refinery I am working on, WIP. And with that, will say good night here, thank you all from coming by.

Good Morning my friend. It's 8 am here in Madrid, it rains and the temperature is 4º C or 39.2 F.
    I have seen your problem with the signals and I don't know if you know the PEV program to convert texture files to tga. I can send it to you by e-mail.

Watch out for the rooftops, engineer .....

I send you a hug.

Javier

Thumbs up Its Raining Cats and Dogs, and I love it......No more Fires for this year, yeah

Quote Originally Posted by fant_autentico View Post
    Good Morning my friend. It's 8 am here in Madrid, it rains and the temperature is 4º C or 39.2 F.
    I have seen your problem with the signals and I don't know if you know the PEV program to convert texture files to tga. I can send it to you by e-mail.

Watch out for the rooftops, engineer .....

I send you a hug.

Javier

Hello Fant,

I do know of PEV.....I have to reinstall it, didn't think about using it for this issue. Thank you so much, I appreciate your wealth of Knowledge. When I changed over from TANE to TRS2019, I wiped out whole Directory for OLD Trainz installations on purpose, so PEV was in that area. I wanted to make a fresh install, so I have been lazy and I wasn't sure I had enough hard drive space, so I am going to increase the size of MY SSD's, primary is only 250 Gigs, or 1.4 Terabyte, not large by today's standards.

Hoping to buy them in January on Discount, maybe.........

And here is the best news for us, an Atmospheric Weather, Lots of Rains from Hawaii headed our way, and will take it........I was looking at some of Reservoirs on my Trip to North California, and they were still low in some areas, so this will be good for us and our Farmers too.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/sever...uthwest/638456

Over here is 60 Degrees Fahrenheit, will go to 45 Degrees, heavy Tropical Rain, which we need so bad here. Probably get some mud flows in burn areas, as we are breaching more than 1" an hour at times with this monsoonal type storm, but we need to recharge Ground Waters, and Dams, and Rivers as well. So this I think is a blessed Storm. Like Australia, we have had lots of Forest Fires, believe it or not in Fall, just 2 weeks ago, near 4000Acre in Central California, and the last storm before Thanks Giving, helped our Fire Fighters, put out the Fire a week later.........

Wish you a wonderful Xmas and Happy New Year, my good friend. Hope your health is holding up OK too.........

I indeed will watch out for the Engineers in Roof Top, it was quite a mess to clean up, I only have partially covered in new Tar Paper, then heavy sheets of Plastics as overlayments, so far, no leaks, but I need to let it dry a day more after this rain, I think, before I can work on it........

Rain is coming in Waves now, Mother Nature is flexing here muscles real good......

Tonight we goto our first Xmas Party to see some friends.....Hope the Rain lets up a bit for us....Will see.......

Thanks for coming by..........Cheers
    Last edited by blueodessey; December 4th, 2019 at 06:28 PM.

Lightbulb Little this, and little of that........Have a blessed Sunday all......

Hello my Friends, as Xmas comes ever close, and hopefully I will have my Roof completed so I can start my lights up for decorating. So far, so good.

Now over to the Trainz,

Recently I came across an unusual Route for the Island of Kuwaui model 2008, and it is fantastic looking Route. Fictional of course, and would recommend you check it out.

It is created by our very own, Dinorius Redunicus.

His Notes as follows:

The whole Hawaiian island of Kauai is modeled here with a fictional standard gauge rail network added. There are also a number of aerial tracks for sight-seeing flights around the island. The DEM-based map is scaled to one third the original size to fit the island into a reasonable number of base boards.

The original Kauai 2008 route (kuid:68213:100008) was developed using TRS2004-SP4. This updated version has only minimal changes to make it compatible with T:ANE. It uses no payware, and all assets are either built-in or from the Trainz Download Station.

My thanks to Adam Wojcieszyk (Tolaris) for help with the original HOG/DEM work, J R (Rob) Crawford for signalling tuition, music objects, and the Hawaiian state flags. Thanks also to Dave Drake for the bananas and coconuts!

He also made a Session too! which is included with Route. "<kuid2:68213:1000081:1> Kauai 2008 dawn"

Tonight if I don't fall asleep to early after being up on my Roof, relaying the Tiles Roof Squares back in place, I will play the session to see how it works, and what it shows about using this route?

Last night I thru a Steam Engine with Consist for the 1st run on this Route. I only had time to take for 4 Picks. Hope you like them as much as I like this Gem in the Ruff Route.

Here we are coming into a town and make our first Passenger Stop and pickup. Got to love those green lights on this baby!

Look at how lush and green this Route is. Darn fine job he did. Here we are crossing a Bridge, which I need to beef up quite a bit for our Freight Consists. You figure this Route was made almost 12 yrs ago, so some of the Assets are dated a bit. No problem. I modify as needed for my needs.

Another view of the Bridge, I want to put in some Bridge Tracks to beef up the support in this older Bridge.

Looking from other side, our Passenger Station is just around the Corner, about mile up he line.

That's it for the Kauai 2008 route, will slip over to Snyder Route here. I have put in a small refinery operation here. Couple of Shunters are getting ready to move some Empty Freight cars.

Further up the line, we have Auxiliary Diesel fuel Tanks for Engine and other needs.

Adiitional Holding tanks here from Cracking Operations

This area is far from complete, I haven't had time to dress it up with Tree's and other A sundry Items yet.

Got out Power hooked up and we are off for afternoon of Shunting and spotting Industries with fresh Empties for our Shipping Customers.

Got our first load of Empties about 50 car Consist, will drag into our small Rail Sorting Yard up at the other end of this Route. Sort and Distribute them out. Kinda like wash Rinse and Repeat Cycles.

And that's all for tonight, Folks, with one Ca-vet, Each day, I climb up my ladder to the Roof, with Building materials, IE 30LB Felt Tar Paper, Tools and other things to put this Leaky Roof into full repair, I respect the Roofer's job more each day. You learn how to carry your weight, mine is 230LBs, approx, keep your balance, and don't crack the light weight Concrete Tiles, Fiber Cement, and the last thing, don't get dehydrated from heat of the Sun reflecting on you all day, and this is Winter in 70-80 degree heat, I can imagine what Summer is like, I have been on my Roof in Summer, you start burning up quick.......Yikes,

A shot out to all of you Roofers, that is some tough job you hold up.......Be proud of it, I am most respectful of you Roofing members.

Night all, I start on the Roof early if it doesn't Rain some more.

And finally I like Henry's Wet Patch Roofing Cement, it works real good, as long as you don't step on it, or get it on your Clothes......LOL

Blue,
    Sorry to hear of the roof problems. Lots of luck with that.

That Kauai route has been on my hard drive for a while now. It is so green and lush - a joy to run trains on.

I love your industry shots from the Snyder route. They look very realistic.

Heinrich505

Lightbulb My Roof is repaired now/ Kawai Passenger Session

Good Tuesday Evening all, the last 3 days have been grueling, as I finish the last of the repairs on my Roof,

1.25 Rolls of 30LB roofing Felt, and yes, there are many out there in Stores who do not know the difference between 15LB and 30LB proper usage, but I will tell you, homeowners have used 15LB felt, only to find out within a short period of time, it would start to leak thru the roof......And quite a few Square Metal Clips with Nail in the center, seals the hole you make nailing it thru your Tar paper...

@
    Heinrich505: Thank you for the kind comments, and my Roof, should be leak free, now.....IT took a lot of work, and I found some flaws from original Contractor, and remedied those too.......

This is very similar to my roof, that I had put on after a major Fire Season in mid 1980's that almost burned a lot of Wood Shake homes, like my old roof down in this Rural area......We all went to Roofing Tiles or the normal Flat Tab Shingles, I prefer the tiles, as you can repair them fairly easy, vs the Flat Tab Shingles glue themselves together, and don't come apart easily to repair.

https://eagleroofing.com/browse-tile...ete-roof-tile/

What took the most time, was cutting and repositioning new Tiles in place for several Broken ones. Uh 70% my fault, 30% installer fault for not bracing hanging edges of the Tile where it enters the metal Channels......The one thing I was disappointed in, they Flashed my whole roof, but this one Gable where the Valley Channel is, they did not Flash the Roof Edge, so when I found it out, when I took off Corner Concrete Edges, I sent Mr's Blue to get me a one stick of Corner Flashing, too protect the Wood, and the Roof, it keeps water going down, and not sideways........Only cost about 5$ or so, couple of well place Roofing Nails with Square Steel backing plates, now we have a protected barrier on Roof Edge where Tar paper ends. BTW, if you would like to see more on this for your Roofing needs.

This link, is exactly what my repair was, and I did it by watching this and several videos, as this mine, with all the Dirt in the sides, soaking wet. What a mess.......One thing though, my Valley Strip is the right size, and not the smaller one. So I am OK, remember my Roof was installed new, in 1992, that is 27, almost 28 yrs ago, wow how time flies. But more importantly, I need to make sure my Valleys, or Channels seen hear are kept clean....I failed to keep mine clean, so the debris work its way inside the tile, just like you see in the video, this did not occur in days, but over years.......Probably last time I hosed or blew down the debris, was 15 years ago, my bad, for sure......I have shamed myself good here, so others can learn from my mistake, that could have been very costly for sure....But I jumped on this within 3 days, when I found out. Had to Tarp it first because of several Rain Storms in succession....Your first defense, if you can't get a roofer out, and believe me, they are up to their necks when it rains like this and those leaks, you didn't know you had, or Floor area Drain Pipes in the Yard backup, because they are not flushed out yearly, either way, your in trouble, get your credit card out, your going to need it.....Trust me.....

Here is another different YouTube on Roofing repairs, and like any other business, there are fly by night Roofers, who do not know, or don't care to do a proper job........That said, there are excellent Roofers that will do the job respectfully, professionally for you.......Like any other Repair folks, you have to Vet them, and make sure they know their business........Your house is one big, if not the largest investment you'll ever have to take care of.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyueGtRXXC8

Anyway, enough details, I think I did a real good job, and when the next rain comes, I find out how good I did......Not bragging, rather praying I did it well, I took my time, double measure and cut once method of application, you trades people, know what I mean.....
    ================================================== ======================================

So now over to Trains, will continue tonight with some more pictures of this Exotic Island of Kauwai Route, I am so enthralled with it......The Author did an outstanding job with the Dem Maps, and his creation of what a Railroad might look like, if it was installed there.......

So this is the Kauai Session he made, and I am watching the Train start out from a protective Shed for the consist. It heads to the next passenger station and all the rest on the Islands to make scheduled stops.

He went from Shed to Station and now did a Reverse Move on Turnaround Circle here, so he is headed in Correct Cab Direction.

Looking past what I think is Diesel Fuel Storage Tank our Train has made it's 1st Psgr Stop and headed out on the Island run.

I like the Livery Color on this Train, looks nice as a contrast to the Island Colors.

This is a far view from where we started this morning. Train is coming over the Bridge now.

Excellent job of Tree placement, not too much just right, and I don't have any Frame Stutter that I can see.

Our next stop is in Downtown area, near Tourist Stops and Hotels.

What a nice view as we continue our Trip thru this Tranquil setting.

Local Airport here, small, not too large, I think I need to find a few Jetliners and Business Class Commuter Jets, small ones to place inside the Airport area.....

Last stop for tonight, and Blue's Bedtime, I have lots of Xmas Lights to start putting up, now that I got the Roof Repaired. My neighbors probably think I am little Grinch this year....But the ones who see me on the Roof the last 4-5 days probably figures out what is going on.....

Ok one last thing on this Route, the Author, has put in plenty of passing Sidings all along the Route, so ther is no problem running this or any other Commuter Train, doing a Round Robin operation, meaning, Train starts at one of Route, another at the other end or Terminus of Route Tracks, and they just exchange Front to back Cab and go in Reverse constantly passing each other...Now you do have freight operations, but they would be in Overnight and early morning runs, as Tourism is number one Commerce to care for on this Railroad. But Freight can do well too, as lots of Commerce and Supplies have to be Shipped then Train or Trucked around the Island. Would this qualify for that funny term , precision Scheduling....LOL. Well I guess it would.

Night all, and thanks for coming by....Please check out this Route, I think you would really enjpy it.....Plus it could be merged to another Island Railroad....OOPS, I didn't mean to let that info out.......

Oh well, it's out now.......But you know, I like to Merge Routes.....Can't help myself sometimes, well, most of the time.....Byeeeeeee!

A thousand apologies for not responding to your Christmas greeting before Blue. That's why and before I forget, Merry Christmas! ...
    I'm glad you're done with the roof, I was worried because ...... "If God wanted man to fly, he would have given him wings"

Interesting about the island railways and as always your explanations.

Hugs, Javier