Snow High Valley Distr Ctr (High Resolution 950x532) Approx

Ah that way lol. Yeah there is an update that is suppose to fix issues in session 5, but N3V is taking their ultra sweet time.....
I'm hoping the TRS19 version will not be in queue no more than 5 years, but I guess we'll see...

Cheers

And here are some pics from Midwestern Branch updated to TRS19 standards - this route as well has been sent in to N3V's queue:
gCAgGAF.jpg

cykT2P5.jpg

pqxjnze.jpg

JA06Jcm.jpg

x3j16iq.jpg

yhY5Hoa.jpg

Cheers

Hello all,

Just got home from a very Rainy and wet Thanksgiving up north with Family. Was an interesting trip for sure.

@ Rail4Pete I will post a little later here what was going on with the 2nd Bridge that laid over the land funny like..........

Tomorrow I have to arise early and deal with Roof leak on my house, from some broken Concrete Tiles......

Thank you all for nice comments and the great looking pictures.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend...........

Update Nov 30th, Sat evening:Rail4 Pete,

Thanks for your commentary,

So with that particular picture with 2 Lift Bridges, that was just a throw down of sorts, My apologies,

What I was trying to do, was too put the 2nd bridge nearby just for display, to show what it looked like in a proper lift position, because I was so busy changing tracks around in the mini yards and industries close by, that I ignored the fact that my crossover lift bridge was a static, non working model. And when I did come to the realization there was a second asset that allowed Raise/Lower animation, I wasn't sure which one I would use. For the reason, that with the Animated one, you have to use what track comes with it, or I need to try and modify the Track, as well, you can't use the

<kuid2:69937:100079:1> BTC rusty checkrails either, as they are static, again, they would be added to the Asset, and I not sure I could do it, as I do not build Assets, above my pay grade. :hehe:

So after careful thought, I decided the Track used on the Route, and <kuid2:69937:100079:1> BTC rusty checkrails, would be left out, in lieu of having the Lift Bridge Animated. So that is the plan for now.

Next time you see the picture, it will only have one bridge in the proper spot.....Sorry about the confusion. :wave:

Last edited:
Good Tuesday Evening,

Well gang, I have been up on the Roof since 10:00AM, it is now 6:30PM and the Rain is starting to come in. So why was I on my roof, well, it's that little thing a big yellow spot on the Entry Hall Ceiling, meant I had sprung a leak. Further investigation, revealed the Valley Channel in my Roof was clogged so bad from Dirt and tree leaves, it flooded sideways getting under the Tar Paper underlayment. And you all know what that means, a nasty tear down, and repaper and retile of the affected area. In my case an area of 15x15 Foot area.

There where several areas where the Tar paper had failed due to moisture and water buildup, in fact I found some sitting water in a couple of areas, very sobering to see water that is caught in parts of the roof.

If you can belief this, I removed about 2 Gallons of muddy silt and leafs of the Channel area, once that was done, I removed all the old affected Tar Paper, cleaned the Channel, new tar underlayment, and got a couple of strips of Tar paper patched in, then it got dark, and I got tired. Time to quit and get this, it started sprinkling. The man above was holding the Storm for me. I am so blessed in any ways.

Now you might ask why not call a Roofer and let him deal with it, well, I am pretty good repair on a lots of different things, and I felt I could handle this Detail just take a bit longer and careful measurements etc, it can be done. That's if your not afraid of climbing a 15-27 foot high roof.

Now lets switch over to trains, Been busy fixing my Translucent Assets that don't show up well in Trainz. I started tonight with simple Dwarf lights, opening up each Texture.txt file, and adding the TAG "AlphaHint=masked" to the file, save.

Usually about 3-5 Textures in this particular Asset. And here is a picture to show how it worked, look at Translucent on Right, on left is one I fixed the Texture.txt by adding that statement. Now for the ones that show Built-in, I can edit those. They won't let me.

Now you can also try a REVERT TO ORIGINAL 1'st to see if it works, without editing all the Texture.txt files, either way, it should fix some of the ones that do not look right.

Tonight will see parts of Snyder Route added to Wilson Mills Route. Here is a small Map that shows this Route merged. The idea was to add on some small Module Route pieces to the Wilson Route, allowing some different Shunting opertunities as well as different Country Sights, less City, sometimes more Rural, and then some High Desert areas. All of these areas lay just a few miles of Wilson Mills.

This area is more Rural High desert, at this point, I hadn't added any Trees, just a simple 2-3 Texture color varients. I fooled around with the Tracks a little to get what I wanted for Rail Yard and Industrail Shunt possiblies.

Made some Changes, added some additional Industries and a End of Route Circular Turn around, to the upper left, allows 2 mile or more Circle Track which is perfect for our Turnarounds with Scheduled Amtrak Daily Trains that come thru here 4 times a day.

A view from the high mountain area of our Turnaround. On the left is uncompleted Power Plant facility, I need to string some Power lines out the different areas of the Route. On the Right is large distribution Plant in Baby Blue.

A large Rake of Boxcars brought in for Shippers. Looks like it will be a very busy Shunting Day.

This side of the tracks is yet to be developed, what I did here was Raise the Terrain edges so you can't other parts of the Route across the way,,with empty, no Tiles between. I like to make sure you see Territory everywhere as is practical. In other words, I try my best to trick your eyes and perception of what the other side might look like by changing nearby elevation since we are just one tile wide here.

A lone CSX Switcher gets ready to start moving a heck of lot of Boxcars in the next few hours before our scheduled Amtrak comes in. This line needs to be clear or will be paying Amtrak Penalty fees, and get a head beating from the Corridor Mgr. So I think we had better hop to it so to speak.

We are headed into into parallel line, run around and grab some cars and start getting a big job ahead handled.

In behind this Engine is a small Refinery I am working on, WIP. And with that, will say good night here, thank you all from coming by.
fkOjcBx.png

Good Morning my friend. It's 8 am here in Madrid, it rains and the temperature is 4º C or 39.2 F.
I have seen your problem with the signals and I don't know if you know the PEV program to convert texture files to tga. I can send it to you by e-mail.

Watch out for the rooftops, engineer .....:wave::hehe:

I send you a hug.

Javier

Its Raining Cats and Dogs, and I love it......No more Fires for this year, yeah

Good Morning my friend. It's 8 am here in Madrid, it rains and the temperature is 4º C or 39.2 F.
I have seen your problem with the signals and I don't know if you know the PEV program to convert texture files to tga. I can send it to you by e-mail.

Watch out for the rooftops, engineer .....:wave::hehe:

I send you a hug.

Javier

:wave:Hello Fant,

I do know of PEV.....I have to reinstall it, didn't think about using it for this issue. Thank you so much, I appreciate your wealth of Knowledge. When I changed over from TANE to TRS2019, I wiped out whole Directory for OLD Trainz installations on purpose, so PEV was in that area. I wanted to make a fresh install, so I have been lazy and I wasn't sure I had enough hard drive space, so I am going to increase the size of MY SSD's, primary is only 250 Gigs, or 1.4 Terabyte, not large by today's standards.

Hoping to buy them in January on Discount, maybe.........

:p And here is the best news for us, an Atmospheric Weather, Lots of Rains from Hawaii headed our way, and will take it........I was looking at some of Reservoirs on my Trip to North California, and they were still low in some areas, so this will be good for us and our Farmers too.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/seve...-to-soak-southern-california-southwest/638456

Over here is 60 Degrees Fahrenheit, will go to 45 Degrees, heavy Tropical Rain, which we need so bad here. Probably get some mud flows in burn areas, as we are breaching more than 1" an hour at times with this monsoonal type storm, but we need to recharge Ground Waters, and Dams, and Rivers as well. So this I think is a blessed Storm. Like Australia, we have had lots of Forest Fires, believe it or not in Fall, just 2 weeks ago, near 4000Acre in Central California, and the last storm before Thanks Giving, helped our Fire Fighters, put out the Fire a week later.........

Wish you a wonderful Xmas and Happy New Year, my good friend. Hope your health is holding up OK too.........

I indeed will watch out for the Engineers in Roof Top, it was quite a mess to clean up, I only have partially covered in new Tar Paper, then heavy sheets of Plastics as overlayments, so far, no leaks, but I need to let it dry a day more after this rain, I think, before I can work on it.......:hehe:.

Rain is coming in Waves now, Mother Nature is flexing here muscles real good......;)

Tonight we goto our first Xmas Party to see some friends.....Hope the Rain lets up a bit for us....Will see.......

Thanks for coming by..........Cheers:Y:

Last edited:
Little this, and little of that........Have a blessed Sunday all......

Hello my Friends, as Xmas comes ever close, and hopefully I will have my Roof completed so I can start my lights up for decorating. So far, so good.

Now over to the Trainz,

Recently I came across an unusual Route for the Island of Kuwaui model 2008, and it is fantastic looking Route. Fictional of course, and would recommend you check it out.

It is created by our very own, Dinorius Redunicus.

His Notes as follows:

The whole Hawaiian island of Kauai is modeled here with a fictional standard gauge rail network added. There are also a number of aerial tracks for sight-seeing flights around the island. The DEM-based map is scaled to one third the original size to fit the island into a reasonable number of base boards.

The original Kauai 2008 route (kuid:68213:100008) was developed using TRS2004-SP4. This updated version has only minimal changes to make it compatible with T:ANE. It uses no payware, and all assets are either built-in or from the Trainz Download Station.

My thanks to Adam Wojcieszyk (Tolaris) for help with the original HOG/DEM work, J R (Rob) Crawford for signalling tuition, music objects, and the Hawaiian state flags. Thanks also to Dave Drake for the bananas and coconuts!

He also made a Session too! which is included with Route. "<kuid2:68213:1000081:1> Kauai 2008 dawn"

Tonight if I don't fall asleep to early after being up on my Roof, relaying the Tiles Roof Squares back in place, I will play the session to see how it works, and what it shows about using this route?

Last night I thru a Steam Engine with Consist for the 1st run on this Route. I only had time to take for 4 Picks. Hope you like them as much as I like this Gem in the Ruff Route.

Here we are coming into a town and make our first Passenger Stop and pickup. Got to love those green lights on this baby!

Look at how lush and green this Route is. Darn fine job he did. Here we are crossing a Bridge, which I need to beef up quite a bit for our Freight Consists. You figure this Route was made almost 12 yrs ago, so some of the Assets are dated a bit. No problem. I modify as needed for my needs.

Another view of the Bridge, I want to put in some Bridge Tracks to beef up the support in this older Bridge.

Looking from other side, our Passenger Station is just around the Corner, about mile up he line.

That's it for the Kauai 2008 route, will slip over to Snyder Route here. I have put in a small refinery operation here. Couple of Shunters are getting ready to move some Empty Freight cars.

Further up the line, we have Auxiliary Diesel fuel Tanks for Engine and other needs.

Adiitional Holding tanks here from Cracking Operations

This area is far from complete, I haven't had time to dress it up with Tree's and other A sundry Items yet.

Got out Power hooked up and we are off for afternoon of Shunting and spotting Industries with fresh Empties for our Shipping Customers.

Got our first load of Empties about 50 car Consist, will drag into our small Rail Sorting Yard up at the other end of this Route. Sort and Distribute them out. Kinda like wash Rinse and Repeat Cycles.

And that's all for tonight, Folks, with one Ca-vet, Each day, I climb up my ladder to the Roof, with Building materials, IE 30LB Felt Tar Paper, Tools and other things to put this Leaky Roof into full repair, I respect the Roofer's job more each day. You learn how to carry your weight, mine is 230LBs, approx, keep your balance, and don't crack the light weight Concrete Tiles, Fiber Cement, and the last thing, don't get dehydrated from heat of the Sun reflecting on you all day, and this is Winter in 70-80 degree heat, I can imagine what Summer is like, I have been on my Roof in Summer, you start burning up quick.......Yikes,

A shot out to all of you Roofers, that is some tough job you hold up.......Be proud of it, I am most respectful of you Roofing members.

Night all, I start on the Roof early if it doesn't Rain some more.

And finally I like Henry's Wet Patch Roofing Cement, it works real good, as long as you don't step on it, or get it on your Clothes......LOL

Blue,
Sorry to hear of the roof problems. Lots of luck with that.

That Kauai route has been on my hard drive for a while now. It is so green and lush - a joy to run trains on.

I love your industry shots from the Snyder route. They look very realistic.

Heinrich505

My Roof is repaired now/ Kawai Passenger Session

Good Tuesday Evening all, the last 3 days have been grueling, as I finish the last of the repairs on my Roof,

1.25 Rolls of 30LB roofing Felt, and yes, there are many out there in Stores who do not know the difference between 15LB and 30LB proper usage, but I will tell you, homeowners have used 15LB felt, only to find out within a short period of time, it would start to leak thru the roof......And quite a few Square Metal Clips with Nail in the center, seals the hole you make nailing it thru your Tar paper...

@
Heinrich505: Thank you for the kind comments, and my Roof, should be leak free, now.....IT took a lot of work, and I found some flaws from original Contractor, and remedied those too.......

This is very similar to my roof, that I had put on after a major Fire Season in mid 1980's that almost burned a lot of Wood Shake homes, like my old roof down in this Rural area......We all went to Roofing Tiles or the normal Flat Tab Shingles, I prefer the tiles, as you can repair them fairly easy, vs the Flat Tab Shingles glue themselves together, and don't come apart easily to repair.

https://eagleroofing.com/browse-tile/flat-concrete-roof-tile/

What took the most time, was cutting and repositioning new Tiles in place for several Broken ones. Uh 70% my fault, 30% installer fault for not bracing hanging edges of the Tile where it enters the metal Channels......The one thing I was disappointed in, they Flashed my whole roof, but this one Gable where the Valley Channel is, they did not Flash the Roof Edge, so when I found it out, when I took off Corner Concrete Edges, I sent Mr's Blue to get me a one stick of Corner Flashing, too protect the Wood, and the Roof, it keeps water going down, and not sideways........Only cost about 5$ or so, couple of well place Roofing Nails with Square Steel backing plates, now we have a protected barrier on Roof Edge where Tar paper ends. BTW, if you would like to see more on this for your Roofing needs.

This link, is exactly what my repair was, and I did it by watching this and several videos, as this mine, with all the Dirt in the sides, soaking wet. What a mess.......One thing though, my Valley Strip is the right size, and not the smaller one. So I am OK, remember my Roof was installed new, in 1992, that is 27, almost 28 yrs ago, wow how time flies. But more importantly, I need to make sure my Valleys, or Channels seen hear are kept clean....I failed to keep mine clean, so the debris work its way inside the tile, just like you see in the video, this did not occur in days, but over years.......Probably last time I hosed or blew down the debris, was 15 years ago, my bad, for sure......I have shamed myself good here, so others can learn from my mistake, that could have been very costly for sure....But I jumped on this within 3 days, when I found out. Had to Tarp it first because of several Rain Storms in succession....Your first defense, if you can't get a roofer out, and believe me, they are up to their necks when it rains like this and those leaks, you didn't know you had, or Floor area Drain Pipes in the Yard backup, because they are not flushed out yearly, either way, your in trouble, get your credit card out, your going to need it.....Trust me.....

Here is another different YouTube on Roofing repairs, and like any other business, there are fly by night Roofers, who do not know, or don't care to do a proper job........That said, there are excellent Roofers that will do the job respectfully, professionally for you.......Like any other Repair folks, you have to Vet them, and make sure they know their business........Your house is one big, if not the largest investment you'll ever have to take care of.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyueGtRXXC8

Anyway, enough details, I think I did a real good job, and when the next rain comes, I find out how good I did......Not bragging, rather praying I did it well, I took my time, double measure and cut once method of application, you trades people, know what I mean.....
========================================================================================

So now over to Trains, will continue tonight with some more pictures of this Exotic Island of Kauwai Route, I am so enthralled with it......The Author did an outstanding job with the Dem Maps, and his creation of what a Railroad might look like, if it was installed there.......

So this is the Kauai Session he made, and I am watching the Train start out from a protective Shed for the consist. It heads to the next passenger station and all the rest on the Islands to make scheduled stops.

He went from Shed to Station and now did a Reverse Move on Turnaround Circle here, so he is headed in Correct Cab Direction.

Looking past what I think is Diesel Fuel Storage Tank our Train has made it's 1st Psgr Stop and headed out on the Island run.

I like the Livery Color on this Train, looks nice as a contrast to the Island Colors.

This is a far view from where we started this morning. Train is coming over the Bridge now.

Excellent job of Tree placement, not too much just right, and I don't have any Frame Stutter that I can see.

Our next stop is in Downtown area, near Tourist Stops and Hotels.

What a nice view as we continue our Trip thru this Tranquil setting.

Local Airport here, small, not too large, I think I need to find a few Jetliners and Business Class Commuter Jets, small ones to place inside the Airport area.....

Last stop for tonight, and Blue's Bedtime, I have lots of Xmas Lights to start putting up, now that I got the Roof Repaired. My neighbors probably think I am little Grinch this year....But the ones who see me on the Roof the last 4-5 days probably figures out what is going on.....

Ok one last thing on this Route, the Author, has put in plenty of passing Sidings all along the Route, so ther is no problem running this or any other Commuter Train, doing a Round Robin operation, meaning, Train starts at one of Route, another at the other end or Terminus of Route Tracks, and they just exchange Front to back Cab and go in Reverse constantly passing each other...Now you do have freight operations, but they would be in Overnight and early morning runs, as Tourism is number one Commerce to care for on this Railroad. But Freight can do well too, as lots of Commerce and Supplies have to be Shipped then Train or Trucked around the Island. Would this qualify for that funny term , precision Scheduling....LOL. Well I guess it would.

Night all, and thanks for coming by....Please check out this Route, I think you would really enjpy it.....Plus it could be merged to another Island Railroad....OOPS, I didn't mean to let that info out.......

Oh well, it's out now.......But you know, I like to Merge Routes.....Can't help myself sometimes, well, most of the time.....Byeeeeeee!

A thousand apologies for not responding to your Christmas greeting before Blue. That's why and before I forget, Merry Christmas! ...:D
I'm glad you're done with the roof, I was worried because ...... "If God wanted man to fly, he would have given him wings" ;)

Interesting about the island railways and as always your explanations.

Hugs, Javier

A thousand apologies for not responding to your Christmas greeting before Blue. That's why and before I forget, Merry Christmas! ...:D
I'm glad you're done with the roof, I was worried because ...... "If God wanted man to fly, he would have given him wings" ;)

Interesting about the island railways and as always your explanations.

Hugs, Javier

:wave: Hi Javier,

It is I who must apologize for not sending you a Hug as well........Hope your feeling OK.

I think my Arthritis is acting up a little, because of all the banging the Nails down to hold the Roofing Tiles and working in an awkward position up there for several hours, the old body didn't take well to that abuse....:hehe:

What I can say, I learned a lot more about Roofing, and better skills in laying the Tiles now, it's like riding a Bicycle in a sense, it takes a while to learn the Rhythm and movement, then you find out, this is not so bad, as it is tedious and repetitive.... The downside, is the other Channel, on the ride side of my Roof, looks like I might have to take out some tiles, not as much as the first side, and relay a little Tar Paper back in, for assurance so it won't leak later. But with this good experience behind me, and knowing exactly what tools I need plus some special Circular saw blades to cut what is called Fiber Cement Tiles, it should be a breeze now.....

Second time is always easier after the initial break-in. especially for someone like me,

I am 80-90 Visual in my learning capabilities, once I see something and can program it into my mind, and it makes sense, I get faster and more confident, I don't have to sit and think, ponder what I do need to do next.......

Anyway, at least one side is looking great on the roof. However after 35 yrs in the house, I can see lots of broken Tile Edges that need some attention, I need to get more up on my Home Maintenance, so I don't put myself in the position of where I am now. Similar to the Gardening, you walk outside, and really take a hard look, say to yourself, OH my how did it get some bad........But then that's life in a many ways.........

Ah, I just thought of something good today, we went out and got our Xmas Tree and it was so fresh and beautiful. Mr's Blue is very happy, and can't wait to decorate it out.....Made my Day......:cool:

Happy Holidays ahead wish for you Sir.

Kauwai2008 Night Running Shots and other misc thoughts Etc

Good Sunday Morning to all members,

Wow Xmas is litterly just around the Corner, we had a little Christmas Party yesterday for the Ladies and Mr's Blue, much laughter and Cheer was had by all. Now today, me and Mr's Blue will attend Semi Formal Xmas event with some wonderful Philonthropic friends who, along with us, try to help those less fortunate. There are so many out there who are in a bad way, as you know, holidays can be a tough time, so we try where possible to help a little here and there.

So this week, we spent some time with our Grand Kids, my are they growing up so fast, one is month away from 13, the other has recently turned 19, OMG hard to believe, are we getting older or what, 70 is not to far for us either. But at least our Health is holding, ah bit for some Arthritus, and Muscle pulls......I think this time of year, gives me a Pause for looking back, and seeing what needs to be done, and what I should have done. So the saying I need to do a little Spring Cleaning, which started in October, is definately in Vogue at our House. There is much to do.....

But for now, that I got our Roof Buttoned up in one Section, with 2 more spots left to work on, it is prime time to get our outside Xmas lights up....Haven't been this late in years, so these next 3-4 days, I have to get the lead out and get this place lit up, and will see how many sets of lights don't work and get thrown out this year.

Now for Trainz, ah, my favorite Hobby, besides gardening and honey due lists......

I decided I needed to go thru my ever growing list of Faulty and missing lists, and start weeding out the ones that are Mesh related, toss those, I can't fix that stuff. Get the uniform Color ones knocked out, easy to due when you have PEV's Tools installed, I didn't due to moving my Trainz folder from C: to D: Drive. A good move when you only have M-2 SSD with 250 Gig on the Boot Drive.......LOL.....

However now, I am in the process of upgrading/ordering Crucial One Tera M-2 and 2 Tera SSD to bolster my 250Gig M-2 and Samsung 1 Tera Drive which are getting 80% full.....I have 520K of Assets, and yes, thats lots of Routes and old things that need to be cleaned out, especially the old ones that do not look good and our Graphicfully , like PaintShed models, showing their Graphic Age.....and there are some, that might look OK with just a simple Bogie upgrade, if that will work, and if not, your outa here.......

On the Translucent side, I have been able to fix a lot with this Statement.....Added to the Texter.txt Files in each affected Asset....
=================================================================================

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...rass-clumps-splines-ever-be-fixed-for-TRS2019

Vern Trainz Maverick Sunny Swindon

As always though, if you mod the texture for your personal use, anyone eventually downloading a released route will still see the unfixed transparent fault.

If you are up for the task you can add the tag:
Code:
AlphaHint=masked
to the texture.txt. In most cases it works fine. Instead of masked, semitransparent could also be tested to see if it creates the effect you want. Here is an example with an Auran asset:
=================================================================================
I did probably a doz of my problem Assets, and it worked perfectly. Now I can see them, especially a fair amount of Trees. A few Trees were Auran, so I can't edit them, as they protected and propritary items. But it was only a few. I might find a suitable replacement for them, when I get some time to look around.

I used a few of MSGSapper's new Bridges to exchange older week looking Structural ones on a few of Routes I am modding for my own Tastes. And his Bridges look terrific......

Over to Kauwai2008 Night Running Shots. Decided it was time to go Night Running, and I was not disappointed at all, pretty cool here....We are running a late night Passenger Run around the Island, too see how our Signals are working, I need to exchange them for newer ones, I have to wait for Signals to clear with no other trains on the Route. So that is my next step. Probably use the Vador Style ones, I am familiar with.....

Great looking Water Fall effects here at Night.

From the bottom River level looking up here.

What a surprize here, all Red on this side, could it be we are coming through fast, I think so.....Actually one of these should be a Yellow on double part of Mainline......

And an evening Tunnel Shot......I like this wide mouth 2 track Tunnel.....
We are headed in here, will see how dark it is inside the belly of this Beast....LOL

I think this is the only Tunnel on the Route, I need to drive the rest of the Island, too see if there are any more......

Across the way, an Amusement Park is all Lit up.....Pretty Cool....I am running the New New Haven TalgoTrainsets here too......

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?155802-New-Haven-TALGO-Trainsets

Thank you PWieser for your incredible Xmas Gift......They are awesome.....Love the color Scheme.......

A closer look at the Park, as our Tracks are far, far away from this Park.

Ah, the City life and lights await us here as we pass thru.....Looking at the Tropical Green Farm Fields here.

OK...Gang, I have to Run, lots to do today, and tonight it is Party Time with good friends......Get together with some folks we haven't probably seen since the beginning of the year.....

Take care all, have a Blessed Day, thanks for dropping in.....

And Railhead001, my apologies for not addressing Credit, where it is properly due yesterday, my bad, I need to pay closer attention when I read a Thread........Sorry my friend.......

Beautiful images Blue.
Fixing faulty items is the most tedious, so now in TRS 2019 I do not install things without first fixing them.

Greetings to Mrs Blue.

Hugs, Javier

Beautiful images Blue.
Fixing faulty items is the most tedious, so now in TRS 2019 I do not install things without first fixing them.

Greetings to Mrs Blue.

Hugs, Javier

:wave: Hello my Friend,

And Mr's Blue says hello too......;)

I have to reinstall my AssetX, I added some programs that go with it, and I somehow messed it up, no big deal..I just have to reinstall the main Program....But I have to say, Asset X is wonderful Program for fixing items, I still need to read all that 124 Manual and figure out how to do Batch Mode, I haven't learned how to do it yet....Can you imagine that.......It would say me so much time.......As for the mesh issues, well that is a special item, since I don't create Assets, nor do I want too, I don't think I have the ability to do very well, maybe if I was younger.....But I have more than enough other things, I learn in Trainz.....This is one of the best Virtual Simulator's I have ever played.

Hugs to you my friend, and if we ever make it back to Spain, I would really enjoy meeting you.:D

Thanks for the kind words......:cool:

New Route Profile DSEPR02 Pilbara Iron v2 (huge size) must see....

UPDATED TO VERSION 2 TO REMOVE NON-DLS ASSETS.

Like many Trainzers who date back a bit, I cut my teeth in Trainz on the old Robe River Iron route that shipped with early versions of Trainz. DSEPR02 Pilbara Iron is my long-planned successor to Robe River. Whether it is good enough to achieve this goal I will leave to others to decide. Though Robe River was an amazing route in it's time, advances in Trainz itself and additional 3rd party tools make much more realistic routes possible, and these advances have been utilised for Pilbara Iron. The route was constructed in TANE SP2 ver 4.5 build 94916, and took roughly 2 years from inception to completion. About a year of this was actual construction in Surveyor once the terrain was built and textured, and research done.

SIMPLE ROUTE DESCRIPTION
This route models at full scale the entire Pilbara Iron mainline from the coast at Dampier south through Western Creek Junction, Rosella Junction, and onward to mines at Mount Tom Price and Paraburdoo. Recent aerial imagery has been used to ensure that the trackage is as accurate to it's 2019 configuration as possible.
Downloading the session named DSEPR02 Pilbara Iron Basic Session from the DLS will provide suitable motive power and wagons in their starting positions. I couldn't quite manage to exactly reproduce the 33000 ton prototype trains, but my Trainz versions are a fairly good analogue. They are certainly challenging to handle in CAB Mode if you don't mind such a challenge. Otherwise the AI schedules provided in the Basic Session can be used to direct the AI Drivers to do the driving for you. AI ore trains will also generate once every two hours near Western Junction and drive the double tracked section of mainline to Rosella Junction then return. These trains are as long as the operations trains and can be demanding on computer resources. You can deactivate these AI trains by editing the session in Surveyor in the usual manner.
Downloading the session named DSEPR02 Pilbara Iron Schedule Demo will provide a means of observing most of the normal flows and activities of iron ore trains on the route, using the AI Driver schedules provided in the Basic Session. The AI ore trains are disabled in this session.

DETAILED ROUTE DESCRIPTION
This route was built with operation in mind, so for those fellow Trainzers who enjoy operations, here is a text based pseudomap of the route, from north to south.

Dampier ports with 3 ore dumpers.
---------------13km dual trackage across the Dampier Causeway
7Mile Yard complex
---------------56km single track with 3 sidings
Western Creek Junction, now a complex intersection with the old Robe River trackage
---------------167km dual trackage with multiple sidings and crossovers
Rosella Junction, unmodelled lines from mines to the East and West join the mainline here
---------------26km single track with no sidings
Wombat Junction and Mt Tom Price township. Mount Tom Price ore mine and it's twin loaders is just west of here on a short branchline
---------------steep 100km single track with 3 sidings. Ore trains require pushers northbound.
Paraburdoo Mine with 1 loader and a pusher locomotive base

TRACKAGE TYPE USED
Standard TANE procedural track with concrete sleepers has been used for most trackage on the route.

SUPERELEVATION
Fully implemented along the entire route. I based the SE calculations on the speed that a loaded ore train could attain during test runs on every curve on the route. On curves where a low speed is expected I used the equilibrium SE figure, but on higher speed curves I used the modified figure as per standard practice on real railways. Maximum SE angle employed was 0.089 radians, which equates to roughly 5.1 degrees of track cant. Only in a few places along the line did the SE approach this limit. The overall effect of this approach to SE produced a noticeable but not unrealistic end result.

GRADIENTS AND PUSHER SERVICES
The general ruling grade facing loaded ore trains on the Pilbara Iron network is 0.33 percent. There is an exception to this along the 95 km climb northbound from Paraburdoo to the line summit just south of Wombat Junction. This part of the line has a ruling grade of 0.42 percent, meaning that this section of line is a modern-day pusher district. Locos for this purpose are kept at Paraburdoo and push the ore trains to the line summit before returning to base. For southbound empty trains the ruling gradient is 2.0 percent which can be found along a 10km stretch which climbs the Chichester Range south of Western Creek Junction. It makes for a nervous descent in a loaded ore train if you are using Cab mode!
I was able to construct the Trainz version of this route while adhering to these prototypical ruling gradients. It wasn't easy in places, but I got it done. Vertically, the lowest point of the line is 8m above sea level, while the summit is at 751m.

TRACK CONDITION
This is a very well maintained railroad, so track condition has been set to 100% for all trackage that is in regular use.

SIGNALLING
The real railroad incorporates in-cab signalling and now robotic trains, but also uses visible aspect signals where required. So I used a similiar mixed strategy in the Trainz version of the route. All open mainlines have invisible signals with a marking board. These signals can be seen ahead by use of the mc display custom HUD rule which simulates an in-cab display.
Around yards or facilities or junctions, visible aspect signals of various types are used. Some theatre style indications are used at several locations, mainly to ease driving operations.
As a general rule, signalling has been arranged to facilitate smooth AI Driver or User operation, rather than attempting to be purely prototypical.

TRACKMARKS AND CAMERAS
All locations along the route have trackmarks added to the degree necessary to facilitate smooth AI Schedule operation and the use of most areas of the track work using Driver commands. Cameras have been added at reasonable intervals along the entire length of the mainline and facilities.

LEVEL CROSSINGS
Level crossing equipment of the TRC type are in use. The American style of TRC asset are fairly close analogues to the equipment often used in Australia so that was good enough for the author. These seem to work as intended in testing. I used the simple logic setup specified in the TRC asset instructions I found online.

SCENERY AND TERRAIN
The arid Pilbara region, though spectacular in real life, doesn't automatically translate into a spectacular route in Trainz. With this in mind, I generated the terrain out to a considerable distance from the trackage. Four baseboards either side of the one the track is on were generated so hills in the distance can be seen from the cabin. I also built as much line-side detail as I could in the allotted construction time, in order make it somewhat interesting for those drivers prepared to undertake a 5 hour mainline drive without appointing AI Drivers to mitigate their boredom.

MIND THE YOWIE
There is a yowie to be found on this route, somewhere. For non Australian readers, a yowie is the Aussie version of the Bigfoot or Yeti. Most sightings of this creature occur in a region of Australia that is also known for having the most marijuana crops hidden among the lush hills in the area. Make of this coincidence what you will. The asset is named People Yeti .

CREDITS
The builder of the route is me. The builders of the DLS assets that made this route possible are a great many others, and I thank them for their asset creation efforts over many many years. You guys make Trainz what it is. In particular, a couple of needed assets were custom built in response to my request by asset creators RR_Signal and Dinorius_Redundicus, so an extra thank you goes to them.
Another special thank you goes out to the trainzer called Sardo. His reskins in modern Rio Tinto colors of Dave Snow's ES44AC and SD70ACe locos made it possible to have fairly prototypical locos in the base sessions. Read the notes for the basic session for important info about using these locomotives on this route.

UPLOADED SESSIONS
There should be two sessions for this route on the DLS named.....

DSEPR02 Pilbara Iron Basic Session
DSEPR02 Pilbara Iron Demonstration Session
-------------------------------------------

Thanks for dropping in........

Message one of two.......DSEPR02 Pilbara Iron v2 Profiled

:p Tonight we highlight a very unusual Route.....This Author has done a lot of work in 2 years, I think if your Computer can handle this Route size, by all means try it out, if nothing else, download it, and take a peak at what he has accomplished........

Route name is <kuid2:582486:104144:2> DSEPR02 Pilbara Iron v2, he made another Route long ago, "Robe River Iron" I have never seen it, but I might try and find it on DLS.....It might not even Load in my Version of Trainz, but he (anathoth71 I.D.582486) has caught my Attention with his new Route.....And I can barely run it on my ASUS ROG Strix Laptop with 1050 GTi NVIDIA. You want to see the striking colors in this Route....I think they are phenomenal........

I show Route Size approx 644Meg. Or 2/3's of a GIGABYTE.....Pretty hefty, but when you size my Map Photo's tonight, I think you will relate to the gargantuan size of this most unusual Route.........EPIC!!

So here below is the Route Notes, and after this is his Thread Link.......Check it out.....I had one missing asset, which was the White Rock Gravel, I just substituted a different Gravel, as I couldn't find the one that is supposed to be on DLS. No biggy for me. IF I find later, I will adjust the Config.txt file to reflect the correct one......

I couldn't get this in all one message, so look at next MSG for the Profile on this Route......

Here is the Thread for this Route too.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...d-and-released&highlight=DSEPR02+Pilbara+Iron

Last edited:
Kauwai2008 Night Running Shots and other misc thoughts Etc

Good Morning all, still Xmas Shopping, we are too.

Our Inlaws have come to visit, and this is a very good thing, one of the other side of the Family has a Brain Tumer, which is fatal, and maybe only a year or so left before they pass on.

Unfortunately a very Rare disease that there is only some Surgery to due what cleanup and removal is possible, but like some rare forms of Cancer, this one goes deep into the brain, and there is no way around that, time is little, but at least this person is spending the best quality time they can with their Children. Would not wish this on anyone, it will not be easy for the family when that day comes.......At least the Children are mostly in their Teens at this point, but this type thing is never easy at any age.........

They had a very bad headache for 2-3 days, and finally went to Hospital, we thought it might have been a possible Mini Stroke, who knows, but they found swelling of the brain, once they stablized them, they performed emergency Surgery and found 5-7 Lessions in the brain area, with more they couldn't get too.....At least they made it out of Surgery and back home in a few weeks. Please pray for them, that is all that can be done now.......The rest is in the Lord's hands......

So lets go to Trainz:

I have been fooling around with 3-4 Routes, doing some Mods on them. And I need to get my Drive Upgrades done soon, got some M-2 USB to M-2 Drive for NVME SSD's drives. The reason for this, my M-2 is my Boot Drive, which means if I take out my Original 250Gig Boot Drive, I would have to reinstall all my programs.....Ain't going to happen this time........And the second drive is Regular SSD, so I need an external Reader for the new M-2 NVME drive I am purchasing from Crucial Memory Co......Which I have used for Years, and never had a problem with SSD's or Ram Memory Chips......

Will Clone my M-2 Boot Drive and then replace old one with new 1 Tera module.....And second drive SSD change out 1 Tera for 2 Tera.......module....I will make the old ones as External Drives for backup. But might keep the M-2 as a safety Clone for my Boot Drive just in case I ever need it. I guess, I should say, it will be used as an IMAGE BACKUP, we have all gone thru that, I lost my drives and all my work thingy, in some cases, one person, lost 20 years of work, because he never backed up his Drives, which is insanity or just being lazy.....

Whatever you want to Label it.......It is very important to have both Cloud and Backup, off site Drives etc for all your items, such as your first born baby Pictures on your Cell Phone etc, there are plenty of sad stories on that one.......

So lets see what are pictures are tonight....?
==============================================================================
Kauwai 2008 Night shots: Here we continue on with our Night Trip from Western Shores to East end of the Island.

Signal lights are dated, so I plan on upgrading them, the problem with these, is interemitant Reds show up, with no other Trains running or standing on any of the ahead route Tracks. So what happens, you get a few Greens, then all of Sudden Yel, then Red with switches aligned. To the point of having to stop every few miles..

Sunset has just occurred, and stars are coming out now, as we darken along the Route. A lone Car is seen driving on the Highway.....Which reminds, me, with the new Trainz Update, it broke the US 3 way intersections, so I had to remove all of them, Traffic stops at each Entersection and never recovers. So I have to find another Intersection to fit in?

Heading across a deep river gorge.

Our New Haven Trainset continues along thru the dark nightside.

I have replaced the older light weight Bridges with newer SAP heavier duty Bridges. They look and work great.

A few lights in shine in the deep view of the Countryside as we pass thru here. I found a few Gradients that needed some slight adjustment.

Nothing like a nice looking Lighted Bill Board in the evening......One more thing, I think the Sky Clouds look really nice too.....

Now onto a strange thing, that just will not correct itself......I keep get these Files downloading, whether it be 3-4 of the same ones, or with others. The odd thing, I have my settings to NOT AUTOMATICALLY DOWNLOAD UPDATES and it still keeps trying to download these pesky items....Not sure why.

Especially these same files.......Crazy? Is this happening to anyone else, if so, did you find a solution.......

Going to run now, I have out of town Family's over thru now and New Years, going to spend some quality time with them. They come from the State of Missouri.

I probably won't post till after Xmas, so everyone, enjoy your Holidays, and be safe in your Travels as well.
Peace of the Holiday be with all of you........

As always, very instructive old friend.
Merry Christmas and peace on earth to men of good will!

Receive a big hug,
Javier

pd.- Tomorrow I hope to send you a Christmas gift by e-mail, I found it under the tree and in our home there is no Mr. Blue ........:p:cool:

A blessed Holiday to all

As always, very instructive old friend.
Merry Christmas and peace on earth to men of good will!

Receive a big hug,
Javier

pd.- Tomorrow I hope to send you a Christmas gift by e-mail, I found it under the tree and in our home there is no Mr. Blue ........:p:cool:

;) Good Evening my Friend,

Last night we had Family and Close friends come for exchange of presents, good food and wine, a great time was had by all, the only difference this year, too see how fast the little one's had grown up, some heading into High School and College. Wow, are we getting older or what LOL.....

I wish you Javier, my good friend, the Peace of Xmas and very good upcoming New Year as well. :wave:

Hugs from the other side of the Pond. :wave:

Merry Christmas to you Blue and everyone else that stops by this thread:)

Now onto a strange thing, that just will not correct itself......I keep get these Files downloading, whether it be 3-4 of the same ones, or with others. The odd thing, I have my settings to NOT AUTOMATICALLY DOWNLOAD UPDATES and it still keeps trying to download these pesky items....Not sure why.
Yeah that's also happening to me as well. What I do is just ignore it as there is a bug with SP1 already that checks for what DLC's you have installed and what DLC's you don't.
Midwestern Branch for TRS19 was released to purchasers, but since N3V supplied a broken set of navigation icons, they had to downgrade everyone back to TANE's version until they fix it, so I don't know how much longer that'll be..... hopefully soon...

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Cheers

Back