who's still around from the old days?

I probably had a few thousand posts but durned if I can remember even a ballpark figure. Too bad it was all lost. I miss the old days of the sinister fat controller, chileanllama, John Banks and Greg Lane to name a few. I might have to pull out 2001 and look at the credits. Those certainly were the days my friends, we thought they'd never end.........

I probably had a few thousand posts but durned if I can remember even a ballpark figure. Too bad it was all lost. I miss the old days of the sinister fat controller, chileanllama, John Banks and Greg Lane to name a few. I might have to pull out 2001 and look at the credits. Those certainly were the days my friends, we thought they'd never end.........
Ah the memories, the things they did, the fun they had.

"... For in our hearts the dreams are still the same."

Over 14 years and still Trainzing.

Hi Colin
Well remember me Tonny. [ herlev
Yes i am still very active in trainz but nothing is now like the good old day
Remember how we went out to demonstrate Trainz with Lance Jargo and
also Ian Manning [ Ians Trainz ]
Nice to hear from you
Tonny. [ herlev ]]

I was around then, it was 2006 and it was chaotic. At the time, there was definitely a suspicion that the failure was deliberate as a way to douse the row that took over the forum. Many people considered it strange that there was no backup of the forum, the problem was said to be a drive failure

My join date was originally 2001 and I had over 4000 posts. The real loss was all the technical data that was lost, many clever people who were active then never came back.

Peter

I agree with Peter on everything --- so much info lost! And many of the old timers did believe it was deliberated since it was weird that a game company would not have back ups, etc ...

Ish

Hi Ceebee

Tony bought out Greg Lane and took over trainz around the same time the big crash occurred, which forced everyone to re-registered with the new forum then, which is what you see now!

Ish

A ticket that you got if too many of these
wafflecar2.jpg
were consumed

Attachments

• wafflecar2.jpg
    wafflecar2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Waffle tickets, drool mops.... hahahaha those were fun times. Man, it's sure good to see all the guys pop in :). I guess the chat room is no more? Can't seem to find it no matter where I look.

I guess one positive thing about some of us missing out on those good old times in trainz is that we can't miss it if we did not know it...I only found trainz in 2009.

There are some major names left out here. Lance Jago for one and Peter8, unnerved and others. And those who mentioned the 2006 crash, that is still a mystery, although it really changed things. There are rumors but I don't pass on rumors. The previously mentioned individuals here, including myself, were still around after the crash. We were the Moderators left for a while but now I'm the only one left from those days although I'm not active now so I take no credit.

Anyway, history is just that. Doesn't mean much anymore, so move forward then. You peeps may one day be part of the history. :)

Cheers

AJ

Seeing how we are talking about the old days, just what is a Waffle Ticket?

Hi,

It was a sad moment when the waffle ticket was lost with the old forum --- It was introduced in the new forum, but Tony and accompany passed new ruiles on this forum, and it was never allowed, since the waffle thread is off-topic, and off-topics are no longer allowed!

Regards
Ish

There are some major names left out here. Lance Jago for one and Peter8, unnerved and others. And those who mentioned the 2006 crash, that is still a mystery, although it really changed things. There are rumors but I don't pass on rumors. The previously mentioned individuals here, including myself, were still around after the crash. We were the Moderators left for a while but now I'm the only one left from those days although I'm not active now so I take no credit.

Anyway, history is just that. Doesn't mean much anymore, so move forward then. You peeps may one day be part of the history. :)

Cheers

AJ

Hi AJ,

Nicely said, sir!

Boco lures around here and there, etc ... taken the same approach as you, however, have not seen him in a bit!

Take Care
Ish

it has been a great ride and it still continues but we did lose a few of the greats along the way, with many of them not returning after the big crash of the forums, or the big crash of Auran. Plus a few have crossed the rainbow bridge like old mate wazzer.

Back