who's still around from the old days?

I wasn't really involved with the forums until after 2010, think it was 2012 or 2013 when I actively joined and started posting, but I've been playing trainz since I was 5 back in 2003 on the original trainz. I actually saw a screenshot a few days ago that had the ATSF streamlined coaches from the original in it and I started tearing up a bit.

I've been playing Trainz since 2007, when my dad bought me TRS2006. That year for Christmas I got UTC because my parents thought it was a newer version. As you can see, my account was created in 2007, though I was never an active community member until 2014. I played TRS2006 on my parents' old computer until January 2012 when I got my own computer that had TS2010 installed. Later that year I bought TS12.

When I joined I don't think computers had been invented yet. Pretty sure it was late last century :D Rob or Tony might remember since I'm pretty sure they were around.:wave:

For me, ever since playing the 06 demo back in 2009, it's really brought me into the trainz community. I wish I knew about the game before the 06 demo, I would of been OBSESSED with it even more.

Still here , read the Forum almost every day , play the Sim occasionally .

Best of luck to all , DLR

Hi everybody.
One of those special places where things were better, people were younger, etc.

Well said Martin, and to add to that those old days were places where all steam trains were spotlessly clean, always ran on time with no cacelations and everybody ran around wearing rose coloured glasses.

However some of us of a certain generation can actually remember those days and therefore allow ourselves to quietly smile when others of a younger generation refer to "the old days".

Bill

Last edited:
It's really quite amazing that Trainz is still going strong. Though the first release was late 2001 the forums opened up in I believe late 1998. Can't remember exactly when we started beta testing but probably in 2000. Not many software titles have such a long run without interruption. :) Sure is nice to see names I remember from over 10 years ago still being active around here.

It's really quite amazing that Trainz is still going strong. Though the first release was late 2001 the forums opened up in I believe late 1998. Can't remember exactly when we started beta testing but probably in 2000. Not many software titles have such a long run without interruption. :) Sure is nice to see names I remember from over 10 years ago still being active around here.

Hi Ceebee,

Just to get off topic on this thread a bit, but that's where I think people underestimates trainz --- Sure, TANE has issues in the beginning, but what trainz version hasn't in the beginning. right? And it's sticking kicking, like us old timers roaming around these forums like ghosts! LOL

Kind Regards
Ish

Still here, going back to TRS2004. Spent a lot of time at TPR working with John Keenan creator of the Clinchfield Route. Pencil42 (Curtis) wrote the script that helped me animate doors on some of my early rollingstock. Have gone from Gmax to 3dsmax and then took a break. Installed TANE last winter and have been learning Blender these last few months.
Checked my Join Date and it was Nov. 2006

Fitz505 (John)

Last edited:
I remember in 2002 playing the original Trainz and Double Heading the Rocketcow with Prowlers K-36s!!!! Fun times!

Still here, going back to TRS2004. Spent a lot of time at TPR working with John Keenan creator of the Clinchfield Route. Pencil42 (Curtis) wrote the script that helped me animate doors on some of my early rollingstock. Have gone from Gmax to 3dsmax and then took a break. Installed TANE last winter and have been learning Blender these last few months.
Checked my Join Date and it was Nov. 2006

Fitz505 (John)
I think 2006 ? was when the forums blew up and most everything was lost. A lot of people got 2006 join dates from that when they started the present forums. Maybe someone who was around more than me back then can remember for sure?

I was around then, it was 2006 and it was chaotic. At the time, there was definitely a suspicion that the failure was deliberate as a way to douse the row that took over the forum. Many people considered it strange that there was no backup of the forum, the problem was said to be a drive failure

My join date was originally 2001 and I had over 4000 posts. The real loss was all the technical data that was lost, many clever people who were active then never came back.

Peter

Your right, I forgot all about that. Tried the TPR forum (my password doesn't work anymore) but was able to do a search and found some posts from me going back to March 2004.

:wave: CeeBee

Good to see you still around :)

RE : I think 2006 ? was when the forums blew up and most everything was lost. A lot of people got 2006 join dates from that when they started the present forums. Maybe someone who was around more than me back then can remember for sure?

YEP

RE :
I was around then, it was 2006 and it was chaotic. At the time, there was definitely a suspicion that the failure was deliberate as a way to douse the row that took over the forum. Many people considered it strange that there was no backup of the forum, the problem was said to be a drive failure.

I was told the same Pity all that info and link's are gone :(

I first started trainz in 2000 and didn't know of the forums till i got internet in 2001 Thanks to ( ~Rob ) for starting me on this wild ride :)

Poul

Last edited:
Wonder how many posts Drucifer would have had if he stayed on after the crash? He was closing in on 15,000 which was the highest post train avatar at the time. Called it Trainz Deity I think. I got to Commissioner before the reset.

Back