Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: who's still around from the old days?

Quote Originally Posted by colhad View Post
    Hi folks.

I've not been involved with Trainz for many years but just wondering who's around from Pre-UTC days.

I remember such names like Prj Indigo, pikkabird, Sirgibby, Boco, MuYa, Wessex Electric Nutter, Wulf 9. etc.

Bring back Paintshed.
    I'm about as old as you can get in Trainz time. Since 2002 and the first beta of Trainz (when it was simple )
    Let not forget my fav tree author DMDrake
    The great help of 3DTrainz ProTools

And my most famous series of 2004 and 2006 with millions of download according to the DLS
    The OCR Logging Camp Project
    Last edited by OverlordNZ; February 17th, 2020 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho_aussie View Post
    I'll have to pop down to the little meeting that some of the guys still have at Ian Manion (vulcans) house...
    Wow that still happens? That's great!

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by OverlordNZ View Post
    I'm about as old as you can get in Trainz time. Since 2002 and the first beta of Trainz (when it was simple )
    Let not forget my fav tree author DMDrake
    The great help of 3DTrainz ProTools

And my most famous series of 2004 and 2006 with millions of download according to the DLS
    The OCR Logging Camp Project
    I still use your assets!
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100

Blog Entries

Well I am still here but not as often as I used to be. Started in Trainz version 1.3, can't remember how many years ago that was.
    I now mostly do mods to steam locos, only for my own use. Steam loco smoke does not require texture files and can have the colour and density changed very easily in the config file using anim2. Engine specs are having to be altered frequently because of N3V's changes in the physics of the locos. They have been changed again in the latest TRS19 version build 105096. Steam locos hauling a heavy train now slow down more on an incline, indeed some locos may stall hauling a load that it would previously manage.

Cheers,
    Bill69.
    If you are going to try cross-country skiing,
    Start with a small country.

South Africa, South Africa, Alberton Gauteng

I don't know about TRS19 yet but it is great fun to haul heavy loads up Mojave or from Avery with two or more heavy steam locomotives with full loads , keeping the steam up and wheelslip to the minimum.
    Quite realistic if one does not mess with the settings .
    World peace is a bit far off, lets work at Trainz peace for now

Quote Originally Posted by psycho_aussie View Post
    I haven't done much modelling lately, and it shows. I tried to do some work on a model I started building 3 or 4 years ago, and I'm so rusty... I need some practice.

I also bumped into Lance Jago in November last year. I'm a member of a model train club at Brendale, north of Brisbane, and I met Lance there at one of our buy & sell days. I'll have to pop down to the little meeting that some of the guys still have at Ian Manion (vulcans) house... I may also need to find out when it is, 'cause bugger me if I can remember the days for it... (I'm 44 today, so give me a break... I'm getting old).

Tell Vulcan a really old friend says hello, glad to hear you guys are still kicking!

Cheers,
    John
    Creator of the Clinchfield Project and a TrainzProRoutes founding member

Yep. Still here...