who's still around from the old days?

No, I love my EMUs more, especially if they go waah, pop and bang, which is no longer the case as half of our Class 455s have AC motors instead now.

I might become a TD in the future though, so I might end up in the front of them and recongising the highlights (and lowlights) of Surrey like the station thats a mouthful - Cobham & Stoke D'Abernon! Or Kingston, or maybe West Byfleet.

Don't you get AWS noise on EMU's?

Is waah, pop, bang the transition from series to series-parallel?

(If it is, I gotta come over and listen to it!)

Been here since the old days, back when the fourm was TRS2004 themed! Funny to be considered an old timer even though I'm 17 haha.

In UTC and before all steam was just undercover diesels- it was an Aussie Boiler Maker called gorillasArmpit / EricW who worked with Auran to get the steam physics all up and working. the First beat C38 by Marlboro / Marl was a absolutely stunning and blew away the lucky ones who got to beta test it along side 2004 and the new steam physics. 2004 dawn a new era of steam operations but marls steam locos never saw the light of day.

:cool:I have not posted in a while as I do not have internet. I miss euphod...

As do many of us old-timers , does anyone know the latest on him ? He and I commented on several subject matters back when , sometimes taking opposite views . He had named me "Mighty D" .

When I picked up Trainz from the table of discount computer games back in Feb 2002 and put down the copy of MS Trains Simulator that I was going to buy, little could I imagine what the consequence of that rash decision would be. I went home and a day or so later I installed it - then I discovered there were no steam locos, none at all in the game. In an instant it was removed from my computer.

Some months later I reinstalled it and found Prowlers K-36 ng mikado on his site. I could model the EBT a 3'ng in PA just a few hours away and use his locos and railcars till the real ones got built. In any case it was a plan. It would be another 2 years before the diesel throttle-power curves were replaced with something more appropriate for steam power. But I was hooked.

Bob Pearson

the First beat C38 by Marlboro / Marl was a absolutely stunning and blew away the lucky ones who got to beta test it along side 2004 and the new steam physics. 2004 dawn a new era of steam operations but marls steam locos never saw the light of day.
Not exactly true. The C38 was really never finished by Marlboro, the beta was a pleasure. :)
But some time later Marlboro offered a brown and a green - I think - K4 steamer as payware.

Regards
Swordfish

Hi

I'm still here, very rarely these days folk busy modding for farming simulator, nice to see the old timers are still here, have fun. Need help let me know here.

Ahsan

I've been lurking since Trainz first showed its face. Way back so long I have no idea.
All the names added here are recognised. Some more than others. I still log on here just
about every day to see what is happening and get clues for downloads that pique my interests.
Cheers to all the survivors, and vale those who have passed.

Bob(CRO)

I remember that waffle car! It's been quite a while for me to.
(I can't even remember what the missing sig was. :eek:
A ticket that you got if too many of these
wafflecar2.jpg
were consumed

Just logged in for the first time in probably years, checking progress after Trainz came up in a google search.. some nice progress.. some a lot the same :)
not back into trainz just yet.. but I am very much still into trains..

sadly the change has been an.. odd one
From 2ft narrow gauge .. to land trains.. diesel electric ones.. with traction motors and proper power curve

KSP is my domain at the moment.. or rather KTP.. but I'm actually for better or worse thinking of how to get land trains into trainz.. using KSP inspired parts.. as odd as that sounds.. , although I realise I wouldn't need my steering wheel anymore :D

Regards and greetings

X200/Battery electric :)

Last edited:
If you would like to get back into Trainz, I'd suggest going with Trainz 2010: Engineers Edition. If you want a few routes that has a lot of shunting, Trainz 2010 is the one to go with. Also, if you go into Surveyor, you'll find that there are routes included that stretch all the way back to the first edition of Trainz. However, you'll have to merge the route with the one baseboard that you start off with in Surveyor to get them. If you want railroads from the U.K., USA, China and Hungary, Trainz 12 is the one to go with. However, it does not include the routes from previous editions of Trainz. If you want routes from Australia, Trainz: A New Era is the one to get. However, it requires a really powerful computer to run it. You'll have to buy Trainz 2010 secondhand, as it is no longer available from N3V Games (The new owner of the Trainz franchise; you can thank the head of N3V games, Tony Hillman, who was a fan of Trainz, for saving the Trainz franchise from disappearing) brand new. However, Trainz 12, with Service Pack 1 included, is still available on N3V's official store.

EDIT: Also, the creator of the shunting routes included in Trainz 2010, he has a lot more available on the Download Station. Search for the username 'philskene' and you'll get a variety of shunting routes he's made. Also, more and more third-party content creators are making their creations requiring Trainz 12. However, I have both Trainz 2010 and Trainz 12 installed on my laptop, so I can take a route included in Trainz 2010 that isn't included in Trainz 12 and import it from Trainz 2010 to Trainz 12. Also, here's a list of some of the websites that you can find third-party content: http://www.railserve.com/Computers/Trainz/

Last edited:
Afraid Secondhand is no use if it's been used as you can't register it and 2010 has no access to the DLS unless you have an FCT or an up to date supported version.

There are some major names left out here. Lance Jago for one and Peter8, unnerved and others.

And here was me thinking I had faded into Trainz obscurity :). I do still lurk quietly on the outer fringes, dabbling now and then.

I am not surprised you were the one to mention me AJ, we did spend a lot of online time here together.

Hi to the rest, some good memories in those names. Maybe we need a new profile ticket, Trainz Relic :D

Last edited:
And here was me thinking I had faded into Trainz obscurity :). I do still lurk quietly on the outer fringes, dabbling now and then.

I am not surprised you were the one to mention me AJ, we did spend a lot of online time here together.

Hi to the rest, some good memories in those names. Maybe we need a new profile ticket, Trainz Relic :D

Gday Peter long time no see too.. Just noticed this threads started by colhad, sadly his last post seems to be.months ago .

I had joseph spinella from kogarah do a couple of train paintings for me custom oil works.. I remembered col liked the S sets back in the day although had a softspot for 720 railcars too

Would love to give him a copy of L3s "Preserved"

I.guess hes faded away though, sad

I'm still around but like trains I come and go. One thing, graphics cards sure have improved. Trainz running is more of a joy for me now than ever before.

Hi all,

I must have missed this thread. I've been back for a couple of months on the forum. I've had whatever the current version of trainz was at the time on my computer even if I didn't post on the forum. I'm very satisfied with the current version of T:ANE SP2. Don't know if I want to buy the model railroad version as I prefer to build rather than drive. I may get it in the future just to keep my collection going. I have resumed building content for the game which is a great pastime.

Jack

I've found Trainz during it's early days, but I stood at the level of me watching videos until 2010 which was when I bought trainz 2009 and upgraded to TS12 in 2012.
I didn't really know much of the community, but I did know alot of the games and started exploring, even tho it cost me a load of scares and surprises.
After I left I traveled through the internet, but for almost a whole year I wasn't feeling the way I loved my times, and with my loves of trains, trainz and such, I came back.

Not THAT old of a member, but I've been around eight or so years now. Hard to believe. Much has changed here, in the community. I remember when I first got here it seemed like the place was loaded with so many active, knowledgable people. Today, there's a few left. Most of the population seems to come and go, commenting "when will it be released" on every post they find. Seldom realizing many of these threads are just here for us to share what we're doing with eachother and learn some technique here and there. Humility and tact are certainly dwindling values. None the less, it's great to see some names from those days in this thread. Good knowing folks are not only still around, but still alive too. Hate to say, but it makes one wonder sometimes who is actually still with us. I remember the days when World of Trainz and VMD were THE payware websites. Wow, think of that.

Cheers,
Woody

Sheesh, where did all the time go? :eek: Just thought I'd drop in here and see what the wind smells like ... yup, diesel fumes, as usual ;)
I still have ALL my content here, having resurrected my old PC I might just start tinkering again, but strictly for the TRS2004 holdouts (remember those) ?
Salut to you all who persist.
"What can be remembered need never be lost" ~ Clive Barker, 'Weaveworld'

Last edited:
Back