Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: who's still around from the old days?

Colhad, the e-mail you stick in your assets no longer seems valid. Can you please see my private message.

Phil

Here from the forum crash in 2006. Good times.

Heavens..2006? Shows how time flies!

Greetings all.
    Just read through all the posts on this thread - and feel quite emotional.
    I've been around since May 2002. Never built anything. Only worked on one route through the fifteen and a half years
    (fictional Tasmania with a rail link to the mainland - my Tasmania is just 23 kms from Victoria and the crew who built the Snow river scheme did the tunneling and building of the railway in the early 60s).
    Have recently moved it all into TANE - and it mostly works!!!

Right from the start I have been grateful for the generosity of the Trainz community in sharing their creations to allow me to play Trainz for all thse years. And I'm thankful for the assistance many have given when I have been stuck.
    It's been really great to read posts by so many of the oldies and to hear so many others mentioned.

While reading the posts David Drake came to mind - his body of work way back was truly amazing.
    He stands out because he had personal issues (as a Veteran) and I sensed that Trainz and the relationship he had with the community were very good for him.
    He's not the only "building legend' we have (and they all need appreciating - because their creations are still being used) but he is strong in my memory.
    These days it seems no American layout (and plenty of Australian ones too) is complete without several assets by the amazing Dave Snow -
    earlier we Australians were very grateful for the amazing output of Willem2 - his huge variety of work really gave our layouts a true Aussie flavour. Bill's buildings, stations, trucks and roads are still everywhere on my route.

Colhad - thanks for starting this thread - sorry I've only just found it.
    By the way I've just got your QR 1460s running again (with much thanks to Ghostryder's help) - still amongst the best engines ever in Trainz.

Cheers
    Here's to many more happy years with Trainz.
    NickE 2002 -

Hello...

(added garbage to get to the 10 character minimum forum post)