who's still around from the old days?

Well, I finally did it. I have Trainz running on my computer for the first time since 2007 or thereabouts. I've been retired for 2 years and have been dealing with a lot of health issues but I hope to be running some trains and working on several unfinished routes from way back when. Sure hope I can remember how this thing works ;)
Cheers
CeeBee

Well CeeBee as a long timer I can understand the matters you mention. Finished one giant tramway system (closed in 1962 here in Scotland (took couple of years and stil to upload it. Then my present equally biggest project re Northern Ireland part of the South to Dublin and at least one line off it. Health was also a cropping up thing and i am now slowly getting back to my over the Irish sea thing!

Hi everyone. I've been contributing to the Forum since 2004 but not on a regular basis. It's great to read through this thread and see the "founding fathers" names once again.
One name that has not been discussed except for the opening post is pikkabird. What's the story there?

Cheers

I joined long before the "crash of 2006". If I remember correctly it was early 2003. Loved the waffle emoticons and the beer mugs.

The DHR working group released the DHR for TRS2004 in 2006. It's still available--now for T:ANE.

Bill

Returning after several years away from Trainz, hope to see some old friends on here.

Cheers,
John "Clinchfield" Keenan

Last edited:
More of a lurker than anything else these days, but I'm still around!

Recently got an itch to have another go at building the Thayer South Sub, a route that I originally started working on nearly 9 years ago. Crazy to think it's been that long; time really does fly!

i am still there too hiding in a trainz cave (called home) in Phu Pan mnts Thailand.
Amazing how fast time goes by.

Roy:wave:

Mimes here,

Driving Trainz since Trainz 1.3 release :) Only one DLS item from me - Set Camera Rule - got downloaded over 100,000 times :) I updated it greatly as the time went by but the uploads were blocked, so for my personal use only. Also I did Electric Loco Rule which actually works in Trainz 12 and mostly in T:ANE, but again, by the time I finished it uploads to DLS were halted for Trainz 12. Still love Trainz, just at times real life severely interferes...

Greetings from Adelaide.

Let's hear from the oldies.

In seven days I will be 91 years old, and loaded Trainz for the first time just prior to Christmas 2001. 18 years of Trainz and no regrets. I still have the hand labelled disk somewhere.

Narrowgauge

Happy birthday, Peter. I hope you have plenty more.

I bought and installed the first box edition of Trainz in March 2002 after seeing the ad in Model Railroader magazine. I've been more of player than a creator for most of that time but I was a beta tester of TS09, TS10 and TS12.

William

Just turned 70, been involved with Trainz since the first edition, but took quite a bit of time off after 2012 was released.

Back