who's still around from the old days?

I am glad that I came across Trainz a goodly number of years ago with TRS2006. Thought Micorsoft's corner was far too much of a mountain to climb and a non-techy man like me thought Trainz a brilliant find. Took me a couple of years to do the 140 miles and I am long overdue getting it up for tram fans to explore it. Was the largest tramway outwith London. Only two have a copy but must get round to that and another Trainzer created the different Glasgow trams (standards, Kilmarnock bogie, single-decker, Coronation, Cunarder). Then decided to have a crack at a railway so have done Ulster's Northern Ireland Railway then extended onto the IrishRail for the line to Dublin. Went off it for a while but now getting back to a gap of some scenery south of the border. Had visited over there for years and taken BB camps there for a long time and we were lucky the building stayed in was barely 200 yards from the station on the Londonderry line. Hope I can finish pat of the gap on the Dublin Line in-between just part of the route between Dundalk and Drogheda as would allow Enterprise Expresses to run from Belfast to Dublin Connolly. Have websites for both tram and rail things I have.

None of this would have happened but for finding Trainz and overtakes getting a kiss from a model.
:D

I was big into trains from the original, but left after physics was implemented poorly. I'm here looking for information on the latest version physics capabilities.

I was big into trains from the original, but left after physics was implemented poorly. I'm here looking for information on the latest version physics capabilities.

For me there a number of differences between TS2012 and TRS19. In TS2012 it was possible to get a game induced collision oscillation when making a consist in surveyor. Hundreds of collision messages, from just 2 wagons when connected. So there have been some notable improvements. I feel certain that between those two version there are many improvements, but the notable point is that TRS19 is using the Nvidia Physics engine. This in my mind is perhaps "the best" around these days. So I am pretty sure you would see many improvements.

Kessica

Well I left in 12 but finally came back after 19 and PBR.

Keep an eye out for new containers

doors.jpg

I haven't done much modelling lately, and it shows. I tried to do some work on a model I started building 3 or 4 years ago, and I'm so rusty... I need some practice.

I also bumped into Lance Jago in November last year. I'm a member of a model train club at Brendale, north of Brisbane, and I met Lance there at one of our buy & sell days. I'll have to pop down to the little meeting that some of the guys still have at Ian Manion (vulcans) house... I may also need to find out when it is, 'cause bugger me if I can remember the days for it... (I'm 44 today, so give me a break... I'm getting old).

Hi folks.

I've not been involved with Trainz for many years but just wondering who's around from Pre-UTC days.

I remember such names like Prj Indigo, pikkabird, Sirgibby, Boco, MuYa, Wessex Electric Nutter, Wulf 9. etc.

Bring back Paintshed. :)

I'm about as old as you can get in Trainz time. Since 2002 and the first beta of Trainz (when it was simple :))
Let not forget my fav tree author DMDrake :)
The great help of 3DTrainz ProTools

And my most famous series of 2004 and 2006 with millions of download according to the DLS
The OCR Logging Camp Project

Last edited:
I'm about as old as you can get in Trainz time. Since 2002 and the first beta of Trainz (when it was simple :))
Let not forget my fav tree author DMDrake :)
The great help of 3DTrainz ProTools

And my most famous series of 2004 and 2006 with millions of download according to the DLS
The OCR Logging Camp Project

I still use your assets!

Well I am still here but not as often as I used to be. Started in Trainz version 1.3, can't remember how many years ago that was.
I now mostly do mods to steam locos, only for my own use. Steam loco smoke does not require texture files and can have the colour and density changed very easily in the config file using anim2. Engine specs are having to be altered frequently because of N3V's changes in the physics of the locos. They have been changed again in the latest TRS19 version build 105096. Steam locos hauling a heavy train now slow down more on an incline, indeed some locos may stall hauling a load that it would previously manage.

Cheers,
Bill69.

I don't know about TRS19 yet but it is great fun to haul heavy loads up Mojave or from Avery with two or more heavy steam locomotives with full loads , keeping the steam up and wheelslip to the minimum.
Quite realistic if one does not mess with the settings .

I haven't done much modelling lately, and it shows. I tried to do some work on a model I started building 3 or 4 years ago, and I'm so rusty... I need some practice.

I also bumped into Lance Jago in November last year. I'm a member of a model train club at Brendale, north of Brisbane, and I met Lance there at one of our buy & sell days. I'll have to pop down to the little meeting that some of the guys still have at Ian Manion (vulcans) house... I may also need to find out when it is, 'cause bugger me if I can remember the days for it... (I'm 44 today, so give me a break... I'm getting old).

Tell Vulcan a really old friend says hello, glad to hear you guys are still kicking!

Cheers,
John

The sixty-five-odd sides of Alberte still survive :wave: but a bit diverted from Trainz and involved in many different ways of pretending one is on the earlier sides while being on the sixty-fifth!!!!:hehe:

Greetings to all of you talented Trainzers far and wide!

Letting you know I'm still around; (For the previous 8/9 years I've never really been gone at all.)

Fond memories of the early Trainz Pioneers, they were the days which paved way for how well the sim has become 20+yrs on. And it's all thanks to you, Tony Hilliam, your team and the broader forum community. :wave:

LOL, i didnt actually register for trainz until 2017, but ive had the game for about a decade, so i wasnt here for the olden days, but give it another 10 years, and we will all be trainz vets.

Just noticed that I have been doing this for 20 years. Bought Trainz and MSTS in summer of 2001.

I'm still here , El Guapo.
Started with MSTS and made the jump to the original Trainz back when Mobey Dick was a minnow. I might still hold the record for abandoned projects, route chasing and thread killer.

Back