Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: who's still around from the old days?

United States of America, Illinois, Palatine
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ish6 View Post
    Ceebee. for the very old timers, like myself (trainz 1.3) I think we all remember Highland Valley --- first route I ever rand! ---- It's kind of weird looking back how much stuff has happened in my life, and all during trainz -- I got a feeling it's like that for many old timers out here too!

Ish
    You were not the only one I (And pretty much everyone from those days) practically Open that route the moment they installed Trainz 2004. That route you made from so long ago CeeBee made it into a true classic in famous trainz routes.

CeeBee was part of the original Trainz group. That having been said, he can remember whoever he wants. Let's just welcome him back and thank him for his contributions.

Cheers

AJ

It might take me awhile but I'm starting to remember more of the names I'm seeing. It's nice to see old faces as well as new faces. To most people I'm a new face I suppose. If I'm not mentioning a lot of names it's because I don't want to leave anyone out or admit to the fact that I probably just don't remember everyone. Anyway, it's great to be back!

United States of America, Michagain, Berkley
    Blog Entries

Your Highland Valley has been remade for TANE and is now named kickstarter County.

United States of America, Tennessee, Cookeville

I have not posted in a while as I do not have internet. I miss euphod...
    Allen/Backyard's Download Station Content

United States of America, Tennessee, Smyrna
    Blog Entries

I loved Highland Valley when I was still playing Trainz. It was one of my favorite routes and probably still is.

Mike

Am I an old timer if I can remember the first 'steam' locomotives that appeared? They all ran on diesel fuel if I remember correctly

Fishbourne, Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom
    Blog Entries

Boo!

Im not aroubd as much because real life took over big time. I've mentioned in other threads that my life is consummed by my job which is train cleaning for SWT. As I tend to take any overtime offered, its also something Alistar doesnt have to worry about in Trainz. Much for what I can do is mainly restricted going to and from work, but the other TOC seems to like striking. But, Im still trying to create the trains I clean everyday :-)

Hey WEN,

I guess the job market for 3D modellers is very competitive. Good to hear from you.

Fishbourne, Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post
    Hey WEN,

I guess the job market for 3D modellers is very competitive. Good to hear from you.
    No, I love my EMUs more, especially if they go waah, pop and bang, which is no longer the case as half of our Class 455s have AC motors instead now.

I might become a TD in the future though, so I might end up in the front of them and recongising the highlights (and lowlights) of Surrey like the station thats a mouthful - Cobham & Stoke D'Abernon! Or Kingston, or maybe West Byfleet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wessex_Electric_Nutter View Post
    No, I love my EMUs more, especially if they go waah, pop and bang, which is no longer the case as half of our Class 455s have AC motors instead now.

I might become a TD in the future though, so I might end up in the front of them and recongising the highlights (and lowlights) of Surrey like the station thats a mouthful - Cobham & Stoke D'Abernon! Or Kingston, or maybe West Byfleet.

Don't you get AWS noise on EMU's?

Is waah, pop, bang the transition from series to series-parallel?

(If it is, I gotta come over and listen to it!)
    Speak the truth, follow right conduct; all else will fall into place.

Blog Entries

Been here since the old days, back when the fourm was TRS2004 themed! Funny to be considered an old timer even though I'm 17 haha.

Blog Entries

In UTC and before all steam was just undercover diesels- it was an Aussie Boiler Maker called gorillasArmpit / EricW who worked with Auran to get the steam physics all up and working. the First beat C38 by Marlboro / Marl was a absolutely stunning and blew away the lucky ones who got to beta test it along side 2004 and the new steam physics. 2004 dawn a new era of steam operations but marls steam locos never saw the light of day.

United States of America, California, San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by backyard View Post
    I have not posted in a while as I do not have internet. I miss euphod...
    As do many of us old-timers , does anyone know the latest on him ? He and I commented on several subject matters back when , sometimes taking opposite views . He had named me "Mighty D" .

Blog Entries

When I picked up Trainz from the table of discount computer games back in Feb 2002 and put down the copy of MS Trains Simulator that I was going to buy, little could I imagine what the consequence of that rash decision would be. I went home and a day or so later I installed it - then I discovered there were no steam locos, none at all in the game. In an instant it was removed from my computer.

Some months later I reinstalled it and found Prowlers K-36 ng mikado on his site. I could model the EBT a 3'ng in PA just a few hours away and use his locos and railcars till the real ones got built. In any case it was a plan. It would be another 2 years before the diesel throttle-power curves were replaced with something more appropriate for steam power. But I was hooked.

Bob Pearson
    TRAINZ-UTC-TRS04-TRS06-TC1&2-TC3-TS09-TS10-TS12-TANE(TEG)-TMR17-TS19
    Member since 6-14-2002