who's still around from the old days?

I'm not pre-UTC, but I've been around since 2004 and TRS2004. I haven't been active in a couple of years, but happened to pop in tonight to check out the forums and saw this thread. I really miss Euphod's wit, but I don't think he's around any longer either. I well remember the crash in 2006 which is still a mystery. I don't know if the content that I uploaded for the community still works in Tane, but if it does, I hope everyone's still enjoying it. I still try to answer messages from members if I can, but very little of my payware is available as I have most of it archived.

Keep them on the rails guys and gals.

Mike

How could I have forgotten euphod? Hopefully he's still around. Regrettably, we have lost some long time members who are no longer with us, but are still around in memory just the same. Trainz has been around for more than a decade. I joined in 2004. Mostly retired now from Trainz, but the memories live on as they should.

Cheers

AJ

How could I have forgotten euphod? Hopefully he's still around. Regrettably, we have lost some long time members who are no longer with us, but are still around in memory just the same. Trainz has been around for more than a decade. I joined in 2004. Mostly retired now from Trainz, but the memories live on as they should.

Cheers

AJ

Nice to see you AJ!

I came across some Euphod boxcars the other day in an old driver session I was editing. When I saw his Kuid, I started thinking and wondering about him myself.

I used to have Euphod's email address and we corresponded some after he left, but a machine crash caused me to lose his email, so I haven't conversed with him in a couple of years. I have a monument to Euphod on the DLS.

If you don't consider me an old-timer, I apologize. However, if you base how long I've been into Trainz, not how long I've been on the Forums, then you might consider me an old-timer. I've had just about every edition of Trainz, released for PC, all the way back to the first edition of Trainz. I did not discover the Forums, Download Station, third-party content until TS2010. Since then I've been seeing what's been going on on the Forums pretty much every day.

@ceebee: I've lost count how may times I've run trains up the branchline to the end of the line and also to the coal mines on your Highland Valley route.

Last edited:
When I made the original Highland Valley I had no idea it would interest anyone. It was made for a contest Auran was running and I think it was a finalist or some such thing... Can't really remember. I spent more hours on the original and several additional larger versions that it was almost a part of me. Even though I've been away from Trainz for 8 years or more I see the Highland Valley on my PC every day as I have a ton of screenshots of it as my screen saver. Thats what probably gave me the urge to get back to Trainz. Still to busy with getting the last of the garden/fruit picked and put away but soon I'll probably install TS 2006 and see if I can get everything running again. A few years ago I bought a 2 pack of TS 2009 World Builder and TS 2010 so I might eventually give that a go. After that I don't know. Not sure my system will run TANE so I might stay with something older.
Cheers :)

When I made the original Highland Valley I had no idea it would interest anyone. It was made for a contest Auran was running and I think it was a finalist or some such thing... Can't really remember. I spent more hours on the original and several additional larger versions that it was almost a part of me. Even though I've been away from Trainz for 8 years or more I see the Highland Valley on my PC every day as I have a ton of screenshots of it as my screen saver. Thats what probably gave me the urge to get back to Trainz. Still to busy with getting the last of the garden/fruit picked and put away but soon I'll probably install TS 2006 and see if I can get everything running again. A few years ago I bought a 2 pack of TS 2009 World Builder and TS 2010 so I might eventually give that a go. After that I don't know. Not sure my system will run TANE so I might stay with something older.
Cheers :)

Ceebee. for the very old timers, like myself (trainz 1.3) I think we all remember Highland Valley --- first route I ever rand! ---- It's kind of weird looking back how much stuff has happened in my life, and all during trainz -- I got a feeling it's like that for many old timers out here too!;)

Ish

I've been around Trainz for nearly 10 years, but not on the forum much until recently.
Now I am retired I can spend more time exploring making my own routes and enjoying running other member's routes.
Highland Valley was one of the first routes I explored :)
I would have spent more time back then on Trainz but running my own business and being responsible for a wife and 4 growing sons sapped away at my time.
It's a bit different now, all sons have grown up and left, my wife passed away in April and now I live in a small bungalow with time to 'play' Trainz again :)
Things have come a long way since 2006 with technology and today's life style.
I am enjoying being an Old-Timer :)

Ceebee. for the very old timers, like myself (trainz 1.3) I think we all remember Highland Valley --- first route I ever rand! ---- It's kind of weird looking back how much stuff has happened in my life, and all during trainz -- I got a feeling it's like that for many old timers out here too!;)

Ish
You were not the only one I (And pretty much everyone from those days) practically Open that route the moment they installed Trainz 2004. That route you made from so long ago CeeBee made it into a true classic in famous trainz routes.

CeeBee was part of the original Trainz group. That having been said, he can remember whoever he wants. Let's just welcome him back and thank him for his contributions.

Cheers

AJ

It might take me awhile but I'm starting to remember more of the names I'm seeing. It's nice to see old faces as well as new faces. To most people I'm a new face I suppose. If I'm not mentioning a lot of names it's because I don't want to leave anyone out or admit to the fact that I probably just don't remember everyone.:eek: Anyway, it's great to be back! :D

I loved Highland Valley when I was still playing Trainz. It was one of my favorite routes and probably still is.

Mike

Am I an old timer if I can remember the first 'steam' locomotives that appeared? They all ran on diesel fuel if I remember correctly ;)

Boo!

Im not aroubd as much because real life took over big time. I've mentioned in other threads that my life is consummed by my job which is train cleaning for SWT. As I tend to take any overtime offered, its also something Alistar doesnt have to worry about in Trainz. Much for what I can do is mainly restricted going to and from work, but the other TOC seems to like striking. But, Im still trying to create the trains I clean everyday :)

Hey WEN,

I guess the job market for 3D modellers is very competitive. Good to hear from you.

No, I love my EMUs more, especially if they go waah, pop and bang, which is no longer the case as half of our Class 455s have AC motors instead now.

I might become a TD in the future though, so I might end up in the front of them and recongising the highlights (and lowlights) of Surrey like the station thats a mouthful - Cobham & Stoke D'Abernon! Or Kingston, or maybe West Byfleet.

Back