who's still around from the old days?

Been here for yonks as earlier indicated. Although we are fortunate to have the National Health Service in Gt Britain, Trainz is a better remedy for me when health issues play up!

I had just received a pm from Wulf, and saw this thread, so I thought I would pop my head up and say Hi. I cant remember how long I have been in the forums, but most of my activity has really been scripting, and scripting is what I still currently do. I am an active member of the Trainz Carriage Wagon Works group and help these members out with scripting, whenever needed. In fact the latest project is a script for Locos, which should make life a little easier for those who make these stunning models.

I have no idea when I started, it is all just a blur, but must have been around the start of Trainz despite the forum stating 2006. As I can remember signing an NDA for UTC when we all used to chat in IRC whilst doing stuff. Those were the days :hehe:

So still very active but not necessarily in here!

Kessica (Andrea)

I have no idea when I started, it is all just a blur, but must have been around the start of Trainz despite the forum stating 2006. As I can remember signing an NDA for UTC when we all used to chat in IRC whilst doing stuff. Those were the days :hehe:

According to your profile you joined 6th August 2002 (MyTrainz, Community, search, click on name to get profile details) :)

Steamboat's still here, sailing under a light breeze and following seas.
So good to hear from A J Fox, the best moderator these forums have produced.
Carry on!

My seas were always flat but the invisible track worked wonders for my ships and barges. (in Trainz)

is it bad to say I do trains in kerbal space program now? :) Im quite well known for the land trains.. (yes no rails - driven with steering wheel but proudly diesel electric)

owner and operator of the legendary KTP-44 class land train :D
VUudmwv.jpg

Last edited:
Hi. I was never great at forum posting. But was into Trainz in a big way from very early on (2002, and Trainz 1.3 from memory). Burnt out around 2009 (too much Weddin), Directed my interests more to my G scale layout. But recently retired, and G scale is expensive. I can feel a pull back to Trainz, and have ordered TANE. Seems it is quite demanding on PC config, so I am working on that as well.

Bearcat, are you still out there ?

Remembering Wazzer.

Phil

Last edited:
I've been with Trainz from its first release on a pre-order. Have bought just about every edition since. Only in the last year or so that I have uploaded a few layouts under the 'Yorkshire Modelz Rly Centre' banner and a few dedicated objects made with Sketchup for them (sorry to the purists - just couldn't get on with Blender!). So sorry to hear in another thread that we have lost one of our legends - Andi06. He gave us so much.

Yorkshire

Entered the fray around latish 2003 - early 2004. Still battling away. There's certainly been a number of great Trainzers that have come & gone in the last 14+ years. (Several goodies have sadly pasted away).

Seeing you mention him in your original post, Michael, (Sirgibby) is still on the scene. (He's quietly working hard behind the scenes revamping Murchison 2 for Tane SP2).

IMHO, Tane SP2 seems to be heading in the right direction. (A far cry from UTC ver 1.3)...

Happy Trainzing.

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
Hi,

I've been around this forum since pre Trainz V1.0 times, but I become a more active member with a bargain version of trainz 1.1, that I wanted to use to plan a model railroad layout. For this I needed some objects and I found object creation well documented and surprisingly easy to do. So 5 days after trainz entered my HDD my first NarrowGauge loco was standing on the tracks... . The model railroad module is still not fully completed btw, I guess I got distracted by the planing tool... :).

2004/2005 I was abled to use Trainz for my master thesis, which meant 9 months of intense hardcore trainzing (which is not nececarrilly fun all the times). After this time I completed a payware package with trams and then real life took over. My sparetime dropped to nil and the development of the trainz package did not attract me any more... .

I really miss the times in chat... :)

Since I'm looking for a new model railroad project, I'm just installing TANE. Let's see how it turns out.

Well now, I certainly don't remember the month but it was darn close to the Fall of 2004. Looking for a train game and happened to find the 2004 version (2.4)
and have never looked back. I skipped a few versions because I had heard they were not so hot and perhaps not worth the effort to produce nice stuff.
I have always loved the narrow gauge assets and still do. However, lately, I have begun a love for the Russian and Polish. I've always loved the antiques in
the buildings most anywhere that have lasted for many years and the builders that exist over there are quite good at bringing theirs to life in Trainz.

Not much chat left in me now, but I'll still keep Trainz in my inventory as long as N3V keeps producing the simulators.

I've been about since the original Trainz - found it on a rack in Electronic Boutique (there's a blast from the past) - on a Saturday when there were no good strategy/FPS games on offer that weekend. Didn't post much until TANE, which brought out either the good or bad side of me. See that all the oldies were reset Nov 2006, so I can't actually date my first presence here. Don't know what happened to my Trainz disc - though I put a box of old games (including some that would now be gems) into a charity shop back then. Still have 2004 on an older laptop (Vista upgraded to Win7); really chugs now, but I still find the atmosphere of the earlier version very pleasant. TANE might be giving us a better version of reality, but the earlier versions did have their charm.

Posted my first route and scenario in June 2004 so must have joined the community in 2003. I remember posting a statement that "UTC was the one for me". Wasn't ready for any change then. Now I am running the latest version of TANE. I remember the names of all those who posted here and most of those that were mentioned (some not so fondly). One name I was surprised did not appear was Tyler Bishop aka Flamerail. He was a teen or younger when he started and had atrocious spelling and grammar but he was one talented kid. Wonder where Tyler is today. Still see creators thanking him for his contributions.

Greetings all.
Just read through all the posts on this thread - and feel quite emotional.
I've been around since May 2002. Never built anything. Only worked on one route through the fifteen and a half years
(fictional Tasmania with a rail link to the mainland - my Tasmania is just 23 kms from Victoria and the crew who built the Snow river scheme did the tunneling and building of the railway in the early 60s).
Have recently moved it all into TANE - and it mostly works!!!

Right from the start I have been grateful for the generosity of the Trainz community in sharing their creations to allow me to play Trainz for all thse years. And I'm thankful for the assistance many have given when I have been stuck.
It's been really great to read posts by so many of the oldies and to hear so many others mentioned.

While reading the posts David Drake came to mind - his body of work way back was truly amazing.
He stands out because he had personal issues (as a Veteran) and I sensed that Trainz and the relationship he had with the community were very good for him.
He's not the only "building legend' we have (and they all need appreciating - because their creations are still being used) but he is strong in my memory.
These days it seems no American layout (and plenty of Australian ones too) is complete without several assets by the amazing Dave Snow -
earlier we Australians were very grateful for the amazing output of Willem2 - his huge variety of work really gave our layouts a true Aussie flavour. Bill's buildings, stations, trucks and roads are still everywhere on my route.

Colhad - thanks for starting this thread - sorry I've only just found it.
By the way I've just got your QR 1460s running again (with much thanks to Ghostryder's help) - still amongst the best engines ever in Trainz.

Cheers
Here's to many more happy years with Trainz.
NickE 2002 -

Back