Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: who's still around from the old days?

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

Tyler Bishop AKA Flamerail is on YouTube doing what else but TRS2019 videos. Search for flamerailzzz.

William

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wreeder View Post
    ... Look what I found - The very post I was talking about. https://www.trainzportal.com/News/vi...ture-of-trainz

William
    just goes to show how nothing published in the Internet is every really gone.
    I love how the perennial question "So, the big question remains, what do we plan to do next?" was asked back then and is still being asked today. Will we still be asking in 15 years? See you then.

70337:
    TRS19 Platinum, build 105100, Win10 Pro 64 bit, i7-7700 3.6GHz 16 GB, GTX 1070 Ti

Blog Entries

More of a lurker than anything else these days, but I'm still around!

Recently got an itch to have another go at building the Thayer South Sub, a route that I originally started working on nearly 9 years ago. Crazy to think it's been that long; time really does fly!
    Best Regards,
    -Ace
    T:ANE Build 94916

Thailand, Phu Pan Nat'l park proud neighbor
    Blog Entries

i am still there too hiding in a trainz cave (called home) in Phu Pan mnts Thailand.
    Amazing how fast time goes by.

Roy
    The makers of the famous Canadian Rocky Mountains routes
    Master my all new Canadian Rocky Mountains routes on TRS19

Mimes here,

Driving Trainz since Trainz 1.3 release Only one DLS item from me - Set Camera Rule - got downloaded over 100,000 times I updated it greatly as the time went by but the uploads were blocked, so for my personal use only. Also I did Electric Loco Rule which actually works in Trainz 12 and mostly in T:ANE, but again, by the time I finished it uploads to DLS were halted for Trainz 12. Still love Trainz, just at times real life severely interferes...

Greetings from Adelaide.

Let's hear from the oldies.

In seven days I will be 91 years old, and loaded Trainz for the first time just prior to Christmas 2001. 18 years of Trainz and no regrets. I still have the hand labelled disk somewhere.

Narrowgauge
    I5-6 Core CPU. 1070-Ti video card, 16GB memory

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

Happy birthday, Peter. I hope you have plenty more.

I bought and installed the first box edition of Trainz in March 2002 after seeing the ad in Model Railroader magazine. I've been more of player than a creator for most of that time but I was a beta tester of TS09, TS10 and TS12.

William

Happy Birthday, Peter, from a mere 77-year-old.

Bill
    Name: Bill (CTR1, USN, Retired 1961--1980)
    User ID: 202442
    Trainzer since: 2003
    Currently using: T:ANE (build 94808)

Just turned 70, been involved with Trainz since the first edition, but took quite a bit of time off after 2012 was released.
    Creator of the Clinchfield Project and a TrainzProRoutes founding member

A little belated, but happy new year everyone.

Greg Lane
    Last edited by maneus; January 24th, 2020 at 11:02 PM.

I am glad that I came across Trainz a goodly number of years ago with TRS2006. Thought Micorsoft's corner was far too much of a mountain to climb and a non-techy man like me thought Trainz a brilliant find. Took me a couple of years to do the 140 miles and I am long overdue getting it up for tram fans to explore it. Was the largest tramway outwith London. Only two have a copy but must get round to that and another Trainzer created the different Glasgow trams (standards, Kilmarnock bogie, single-decker, Coronation, Cunarder). Then decided to have a crack at a railway so have done Ulster's Northern Ireland Railway then extended onto the IrishRail for the line to Dublin. Went off it for a while but now getting back to a gap of some scenery south of the border. Had visited over there for years and taken BB camps there for a long time and we were lucky the building stayed in was barely 200 yards from the station on the Londonderry line. Hope I can finish pat of the gap on the Dublin Line in-between just part of the route between Dundalk and Drogheda as would allow Enterprise Expresses to run from Belfast to Dublin Connolly. Have websites for both tram and rail things I have.

None of this would have happened but for finding Trainz and overtakes getting a kiss from a model.

I was big into trains from the original, but left after physics was implemented poorly. I'm here looking for information on the latest version physics capabilities.
    "For every dollar the boss has and didn't work for,
    one of us worked for a dollar and didn't get it."
    William 'Big Bill' Haywood

Quote Originally Posted by dmatlock View Post
    I was big into trains from the original, but left after physics was implemented poorly. I'm here looking for information on the latest version physics capabilities.
    For me there a number of differences between TS2012 and TRS19. In TS2012 it was possible to get a game induced collision oscillation when making a consist in surveyor. Hundreds of collision messages, from just 2 wagons when connected. So there have been some notable improvements. I feel certain that between those two version there are many improvements, but the notable point is that TRS19 is using the Nvidia Physics engine. This in my mind is perhaps "the best" around these days. So I am pretty sure you would see many improvements.

Kessica
    28 years of software engineering. Jeez! Im getting old

Well I left in 12 but finally came back after 19 and PBR.

Keep an eye out for new containers

I haven't done much modelling lately, and it shows. I tried to do some work on a model I started building 3 or 4 years ago, and I'm so rusty... I need some practice.

I also bumped into Lance Jago in November last year. I'm a member of a model train club at Brendale, north of Brisbane, and I met Lance there at one of our buy & sell days. I'll have to pop down to the little meeting that some of the guys still have at Ian Manion (vulcans) house... I may also need to find out when it is, 'cause bugger me if I can remember the days for it... (I'm 44 today, so give me a break... I'm getting old).
    Never been "here", but never truly been "gone".