people with special needs

MNIBARI08

Trainz veteran
Hi to all Trainz users,

I am writing this to make sure not just for information but how it is given to Trainz users with special needs.

Some may require it as video tutorials and not just a written information, some can do both but some need it the other way round as it shows directly at front of them step by step (video tutorials).

I know some users on here that can be very :hehe: on this topic, but saying it. Its a honest Truth and some users will think twice and makes you or any other Trainz user better off or feel bad but saturation.

It can :'( a lot of Trainz users that may have special needs and for you to feel :) about yourself leaves you bit :confused: on matter in hand and think should I done that in first place where I should ask the user if he/she has special needs and ask what is easier for them to know how to present the information (Video tutorial) or PDF with Images or just normal information.

It will look better on you and and everybody around you and other trainz users.

I am sorry for saying this it needed to be said.

But other ways such as Skype will help special needs with contact and share screens or video contact if it helps them.

Last edited:
There are quite a few tutorial videos on YouTube, but sadly far from enough tutorial videos to explain it all, in detail.

Most trainz tutorial videos are produced, on the whim, spur of the moment, without any movie making production script forethought and advanced planning ahead of time involved, and are long, drawn out, full of long winded slow motion sentences: (errrr ... ahhhh ... awww ... yoooou ... doooooo ... iiiiit ... rawwwhhiiiiate ... lyyyyke ... thiiiissss) and are vague, with 31 minutes of sheer boredom.

Others cover things so fast, that it is a fast motion, speed building, blur of activity.

Fortunately there is Skype IM, where video calls and share screens is possible between 2 trainzers

I can see that Transdem requires pages and pages of meticulous reading, just to get over the steep learning curve, and there are few video tutorials, if any at all, explaining "How To Do It", in great detail.

Last edited:
I agree with you on that front. I use Skype and would be happy to link up with someone that needed help. It also has the "view screen" function so I can show and explain in detail first hand. Not everyone is techno-savy and this tends to be forgotten and overlooked when a request for information is sought.

Doug

My Skype is mmanson9 if you need to add me thanks I use voice calls and screen share as well.

Last edited:
I am not big on video tutorials myself, I prefer to read to learn things so I can go and absorb information at my own pace. Growing up before home computers and not even getting my own until I was 30 years old has a lot to do with this, along with the fact that I just enjoy reading.

Nowadays, things are different, people learn differently so videos can be helpful I'm sure.

The problem is, as already stated that a lot of videos, at least those I've seen are terribly produced, it seems a lot are made just for the sake of saying "Hey, I have a video on Youtube, aren't I cool?"
You get people narrating with awful sounding voices, poor grammar and presentation who sometimes just ramble and take 15 minutes to explain something that should take 5.

Back