"Full" Specs for the upcoming Pascal-based GTX 1080 Video Cards

PC_Ace

Hauling Heavy Pixels
Fair enough too - the 980Ti is still the gaming card to beat and we haven't really seen any independent comparative testing.
Doesn't make sense for many with the current generation cards to upgrade as the price/performance equation doesn't really stack up and you still have years of value invested in that technology.
For guys like me, however, with two or more generations-older cards, a replacement with either a Pascal or Vega-based GPU is a very worthwhile proposition, especially given the step-change in efficiency, memory bandwidth and sheer price/performance these new cards bring to the table.

Last edited:
Sometime soon I will need to upgrade one of my machines from GTX295 that have served me faithfully for many years as they are no longer supported by NVidia and thus graphics driver updates have ceased.

My main machine uses dual GTX780ti which has been a damn good performer and though I won't be replacing those any time soon, it is likely I will shuffle these to two other machines and update main machine with series 10.

Full specs for GTX1070 now released. Not yet for GTX1080. Rumour is we may have to wait a long time for GTX1080ti.

Pascal-based?

Whew, I know I'm gettin' old when I clicked to see how the Pascal programming language is being hosted in a new graphics card! :eek:

Just wait until the COBOL-based GPU line comes out...;)

Like Ian I have a nice and happy GTX780Ti, which does everything I want it to do and then some. It even supports T:ANE quite nicely. By the time I'm ready to upgrade, the GTX2100s will be out and the GTX1080Ti will be in the I can afford it price range.

John

Provided all goes as planned and my GTX 680 holds together, along with the rest of this machine, I will give myself an early Christmas present around Thanksgiving and have a new machine built with a GTX 1080 in it.

Back