Senior Novice

Malc.....well on my laptop the only way I can download is with FTP when I press the helper always get the message....Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer I click allow then tells me No apps are installed to open this link...check the app store...found nothing there.... yet in the passed always worked for me but seem win 10 will not let me use this.....Paul

Sorry for the delay getting back to you but it seems a lot of my problems is with the CM reading up what you say just to right click the asset then click download well no where when I right click the asset does it say download has on my laptop the only way I can download it using FTP clicking the helper just keeps asking do I want to allow this website to open a app if I click allow just says no app are installed to open this link in the passed never had this problem....Paul

I've had this happen with Windows 10 and my solution has been to click on "download details", then on the lower of the two blue panels which appear and this downloads the CDP to the downloads folder. You can then use " import CDP" in content manager to install the asset. Do not click on "import content" as that is for importing folders containing assets you have made yourself.

This works every time - and I download using a W10 laptop and then transfer the CDP to me desktp WXP computer which I use for Trainz.

NB I'm talking about installing in 10 or 12 as I do not have T:ANE.

I hope this is helpful.

Ray

... well no where when I right click the asset does it say download

That's just not right, and needs to be fixed. The Download option should appear at the top of the list of items that appears when you right-click an asset. It does not depend on whether you are connected to the internet or have already downloaded the asset or whatever. I have no idea what might make it disappear.

What other reason do you have to suspect that your installation of TS2009 might be faulty?

SD...thanks for the come back well am thinking I miss understood things once they show up in the DLS on the CM and when I right click the asset then at the top of the list download shows in this case 75134:67001:4 but only this one kuid there is whole bunch of other that I have done the same way but still cant placed it on the tracks.....

Malc well have installed the Trainz protocol changer and now can use the download helper which I could not before so tried 75134:67001:4 plus all the kuids I could find and got installed but still cant place the unit on the track....so am at a loss still...Paul

....but still cant place the unit on the track....so am at a loss still...Paul
Hello Paul,

Can you find the locomotive in the rolling stock list in Surveyor at all?

If not, go to Main Menu --> Options, then to the Surveyor Settings tab and look for a setting called 'Only display favourite content'. Un-tick the checkbox next to it and re-start the game.

If you can see it in the Surveyor list but just can't place it on the track from there, see if it shows up as red in the list. If it does, then you are missing a dependency or a dependency is faulty. Content Manager will tell you what is wrong. You will need every dependency to be installed and not Faulty (Warnings are OK) before the locomotive will be able to be placed on the track.

I hope that helps.

Kieran.

Ray thanks for your message has for you say click on download details where would I look for that I checked out the import CDP in CM but still could not place the unit on the tracks.....cheers Paul...

Kieran when I open surveyor the loco shows in pink but don't show the in the box below a moving small picture what I don't understand that before it showed and ran on the tracks great have installed all kuids from a memory stick that I used when it was working and could place it on the tracks....Paul

Kieran when I open surveyor the loco shows in pink but don't show the in the box below a moving small picture what I don't understand that before it showed and ran on the tracks great have installed all kuids from a memory stick that I used when it was working and could place it on the tracks....Paul
OK then, have a look at the send part of my previous reply and see what Content Manager says is wrong.

Kieran.

I'm thinking there is a faulty dependency maybe not actually listed in the kuid table? or a dependency of a dependency may be worth just having a look at the faulty stuff and see if anything looks like it is relevant?

Kieran....Ok have opened the option on boot up screen and see the following.....General showing serial #,then Planet Auran showing name and ID PW, then display Settings showing direct X and open GL, then Advanced options showing vertical sync and Freq, then last Developer but know where can I see what you are saying display favourite content or un tick the checkbox next to it...unless I am at the wrong option.....Paul

Kieran Well un ticked favourite check surveyor the loco shows there but the color is not red more of a very light pink but has before I cant place the unit on the track...P

Back