JR rolling stock sounds not working after open for edit

d0g

Hello,

I noticed that in TANE, a few days ago some of my JR stock stopped playing the new sounds. I don't hear the scripted sounds OR the bogie sounds that play when the train is in motion. All I get is the old default Auran sound. This happened after I noticed the "Barber S1 Truck" and the Sounds Effect Library were open for edit. I clicked "revert to original" for both, but still did not get sounds back. Should I have clicked "submit edits'? I'm not sure why these were open for editing in the first place; I didn't try to edit them, and they were working just fine a few days ago. I would try to redownload them, but of course TANE doesn't want to overwrite anything.

Is there a way to restore the sounds?

Yeah i had the same problem both there bogey truck sound files are the same kuid now ?:confused:

Last edited:
So it would appear. I have compared the config file between the culprit trucks and others, and can't find a difference. It's not a huge issue, but after being used to the sound, it's a little weird having a semi-quiet freight train rolling along at 40 mph. Maybe it's just a fluke in TANE?

Try right clicking it in content manager and click View Errors and Warnings. This will automatically validate the asset. If there are no errors, try it in-game after validation and it should work. If it has errors, correct them, or ask for help correcting them here, commit, validate, and then try it in-game. If you're still not hearing the sounds after all of that I don't know what to tell you.

Hi d0g,

Config

mesh-table
{
{
mesh "/bogey.lm"
auto-create 1
}

shadow
{
mesh "shadow/shadow.im"
}