Trouble Saving in TS12

Roy3b3

Hey guys,

I've been working on some old TS12 routes (Build 61388) lately without any major problems. However over the past two days I've not been able to save any routes or sessions. It goes through the usual process and just when you think it has completed, I get this message up. "Error: Trainz ran out of memory while trying to save."

I've tried to save in the original file name and/or different names, but I still get the same result. I've done full Database Repairs but still no change.

My Windows i7 CPU has heaps of storage with 1TB hard drive and 16GB RAM. On checking Task Manager I'm using just under 4GB with 11GB free.
I've switched off 'Auto-save' in case it may be doubling-up on tasks while I'm trying to save my work. I've never had this problem over the past 5 years.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any clues?

Roy3b3_20160430_0000.jpg

Cheers,
Roy3b3

I've got an idea what's causing that and it's a 32-bit program limitation which is what TS12 is (32-bit programs can only address up to a certain amount of memory).
Shane

TS12 is large address aware so it can access up to 4GB and is not restricted to the 2GB limit and as this is happening on more than one route I think there must be another cause, suggest first having a look at event viewer just to make sure nothing is about to pack up.
Like memory or disk read or write errors or warnings.

edit: or might want to check your pagefile file settings.

Last edited:
I've got an idea what's causing that and it's a 32-bit program limitation which is what TS12 is (32-bit programs can only address up to a certain amount of memory).
Shane

Thanks Shane

I've got a 64 bit OS which runs T:ANE without too many problems;... so if TS12 can only handle a limited amount of memory, would I need to cull or get rid of old routes or part of the TS12 database?
I'm working on a large TS2010 route, swapping old assets for new that would be compatible for TS12 then for T:ANE.
Could it be the size of the particular Route I am working on? Maybe it has reached it's limits?

Cheers,
Roy

TS12 is large address aware so it can access up to 4GB and is not restricted to the 2GB limit and as this is happening on more than one route I think there must be another cause, suggest first having a look at event viewer just to make sure nothing is about to pack up.
Like memory or disk read or write errors or warnings.

edit: or might want to check your pagefile file settings.

Thanks Malcolm,
I will check the historical events on my system, although three months ago I had to replace my Graphics Card from AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 - Version 14.5 because it was crashing in T:ANE to a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB GDDR5. My hard drive is fine, so I'm hoping it may something I can personally adjust.
Cheers, Roy

Back